[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Beyond Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png (354KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png
354KB, 500x500px
Surprisingly held up well even after all these years. Still I'm saddened that it never got another season especially with so many mainstay villains foreshadowed to return (notably Inque and Blight's comeback).

Also, why is it that every time DC tries to incorporate Batman Beyond into the mainstream DC continuity that they usually end up fucking over Terry or mucking up his mythos by having Dick in the suit or Damian be his pseudo-Wayne mentor?

Why not just adapt him as he is and treat him like an Elseworlds/Alternate future Batman?
>>
>>85162324
Also forgot, the intro was always so catchy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI
>>
>Also, why is it that every time DC tries to incorporate Batman Beyond into the mainstream DC continuity that they usually end up fucking over Terry or mucking up his mythos by having Dick in the suit or Damian be his pseudo-Wayne mentor?

Because mainstream DC continuity comics are not the show and main universe futures will have more to build on and include

>Why not just adapt him as he is and treat him like an Elseworlds/Alternate future Batman?

They did that in the digital comic
>>
>>85162417
>Because mainstream DC continuity comics are not the show and main universe futures will have more to build on and include
I get that, but the least they could do is actually give Terry something interesting to do in the main universe instead of just "hey it's Batman Beyond, you already like it right?".
>>
>>85162324
Just finished watching the whole series. Last episode was alright, but didn't really feel like a last episode. Also sad Inque and Blight never got a "kill your traitorous offspring" team-up episode.
And was it just me, or were tasers OP as fuck in this show? Every time a taser showed up, it fucked somebody up.
>>
>>85164170
>but didn't really feel like a last episode
It was hinting at a possible followup season, but was obviously cancelled. We just got lucky with Return of The Joker and JLU's Epilogue.
>>
File: full-2.jpg (53KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
full-2.jpg
53KB, 600x633px
There a lot of hot girls in these show.
>>
>TFW you will never have a girlfriend with the ability to turn into sludge and forcefully ram herself down your throat while you jack off.
>>
This show was THE SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI

This as well as Batman TAS was a huge part of my childhood
>>
>>85164221
What's technically the last episode? Last episode I watched was the Zeta Project one and then epilogue.
>>
File: 1443936402177.jpg (48KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1443936402177.jpg
48KB, 600x849px
>>85162324
>Also, why is it that every time DC tries to incorporate Batman Beyond into the mainstream DC continuity that they usually end up fucking over Terry or mucking up his mythos by having Dick in the suit or Damian be his pseudo

Because, really, Terry only gets to exist because of DCAU Bruce's shitty life choices. Waller created him because there 'always needs to be a Batman'. And if you hate that, Bruce accepted him and trained him because Gotham has gone to shit since he retired, he has no other options, and Terry is a good kid who he sees a lot of himself AND his previous apprentices in.

In the main setting, Damien is going to grow up to be Batman, with Dick as his ally and support, and the entire Batclan can expand. Main Bruce might actually get a semi happy retirement. The only place for Terry in that situation is a new identity among the Family.

I guess they chose Damien, because due to being an asshole (and the tech level of Beyond) it makes sense to jump a generation, to when HE is old and alone.

>Why not just adapt him as he is and treat him like an Elseworlds/Alternate future Batman?

This is the best way, because Terry IS the Batman of the future, and putting him in the 'present' makes no sense, and aside from brief visits there is fuckall for him to do there.

I don't see the desire to bring him to the present, ever. Send others to the future for an adventure? Fair enough, but in the present there is nothing special about him aside from being 'another Robin' in a futuristic suit.
>>
>>85165563
The one where he reveals his face to a scared kid and then Hydra tries to figure out who he is with a brain scanner.
>>
>>85164170
The true last episode was Return of the Joker. Ignore Epilogue entirely, Timm went full retard there.
>>
Did it bother anyone else how the Kobra got downgraded from an ancient secret society inches away from causing the apocalypse to a bunch of goons in goofy suits?
>>
>>85169697
Bruce Timm wasn't a fan of the dinosaur shit.
>>
>>85162324
I just ignore the Timm Bruce/Babs shit.

Old Man Bruce being mentor/mission control to Terry was awesome
>>
>>85162324
>mucking up his mythos by having Dick in the suit or Damian be his pseudo-Wayne mentor?

When did either of these happen? To my knowledge Tim is currently wearing the suit in the comics (though Terry is being shown to be alive through time fuckery), and Damian's never shown up in Beyond stuff.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.