[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does she have NO RANGE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

She does the same voice in every show.

Sara Lynn is exactly the same voice as Bob's Burgers girl and the Gravity Twin.

They need to stop casting the same quirly jewess for voiceover work!!!
>>
File: Titty Strong.jpg (118KB, 918x918px) Image search: [Google]
Titty Strong.jpg
118KB, 918x918px
>>
>>85161919
It is kind of annoying
I like the voice she does but she's the female H. Jon Benjamin
>>
>>85162048
Except h jon benjamin only has one good character
>>
I don't mind that she does one voice but she doesn not even sound a little bit like a kid. It's really distracting to have this middle aged woman's voice come out of little girl characters.
>>
>>85162081
I like all his characters. Though Bob is the only one that's probably a decent person.
>>
>>85162048
H Jon Benjamin is a great VA though.
Sounding different doesn't really matter unless you're talking to yourself.
>>
>>85162264
To be fair, when have adult voice actors ever REALLY sounded like kids? Have you ever heard kids that sound like Bart and Lisa Simpson?
>>
well she's dead now so it doesn't matter anymore
>>
File: 318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>85162384
That's only because of how they ACT and how they SOUND. Lisa's VA was in We're Back! A Dinosaur Story, doing the same exact voice, but with better voice direction that made her sound her age.
>>
>>85163137
>how they act and NOT how they sound
dammit
>>
File: dr katz3.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dr katz3.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>85162081
I think he has a few good characters
>>
>>85161919

It was kind of creepy hearing Mabel asking for horse dick.
>>
Sometimes if a voice is distinct enough, it doesn't really need a range.

Take Patrick Warburton for example.
>>
>>85163380
i found it very pleasing
>>
Seems like running your career into the ground to make old jews money is in these days.
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>85163137
I shipped these two so hard.
>>
>>85163380
>as if that wasn't the intention

I've been mulling over whether or not I should animate an "out of context" scene
>>
>>85163581
Not shipping Billy with Purple Pterodactyl
>>
>>85163634
I remember seeing some sort of edit combining Mabel with Kristen Schaal's standup. It'd be cool to see more.
>>
>>85163657
Julia Child as a dinosaur is not for lewd
>>
>>85163634

DO IT
>>
>>85161919
Plenty of voice actors have no range. Kevin Conroy only ever does his Batman/Bruce Wayne voice, John DiMaggio almost always uses his Bender voice, H. Jon Benjamin, with the exception of the one gay kid from Home Movies, only ever uses his own voice. Tara Strong only uses her voice. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Nolan North and Troy Baker almost always use their normal voices. Hell, even the (admittedly two) characters that Mark Hamill has voiced were basically the same voice.

At a certain point you have to ask if it's the VA's fault or the casting directors fault. It's entirely possible that these VA's are capable of doing different voices (DiMaggio has proven this with Drakken and to a lesser extent Wakka), but the casting directors might want them to just use the same voice the always use.
>>
>>85161919
because it works for those characters. don't fix whats not broken.
>>
Why do people even give a shit about how many wacky voices someone can scream in? It's about acting and delivery, that's the only thing that should matter.
>>
She probably can do other voices but they're not why people hire her.
>>
>>85166268
I know Nolan North has range, because they got him to play the cannibal motherfucker in The Last of Us.
>>
>>85162031

God, why do I find Tara Strong so hot?
>>
>>85162031
mate you're a fucking retard if you actually believe she has no range.
>>
she's cast specifically for that voice you idiot, it's like complaining De Niro can't play feminine characters.
>>
>>85166268
I know Tara Strong isn't the greatest but she still has range. You can't say Princess Clara, Bubbles, and Raven all sound the same. Not even getting to her boy voices...
>>
>>85166268
>At a certain point you have to ask if it's the VA's fault or the casting directors fault.

It's the casting directors fault more so than the VAs. When "Steve Blum voice sells they'll whap you with the newspaper if you try and do something else from your demo reel.

It varies from casting director to casting director, but a lot of the time it comes down to the show wanting to market the familiar sound when a certain VA is big. When a new talent explodes in popularity due to a role on a particular show, you'll start to see a bit of a narrowing effect in what they book. It's not all the time, but it happens.

You mentioned Nolan North

He's known for Nathan Drake and his Deadpool voice, but he can also do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUviQhFPjXI

and he's also the red robot, Sigmund:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-d8mJh8hLI

It's not always possible, but sometimes, if you look on a casting page, you'll find early demos of classic voice actors like Rob Paulson or John Stocker and notice that the reels contain voices that they never use.

It's all about what the showrunners want. in the end.
>>
>>85166268
Hammil actually has really good range. Just look at all the various stuff he did in the first few seasons of Robot Chicken before Star Wars got picked up by Disney. But when he's not doing one of his couple iconic voices, people tend to not realize it's him.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.