[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys talked about Hot Rod yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Have you guys talked about Hot Rod yet?
>>
>>85157004
I'm always talking about my Hot Rod.
>>
File: 1469950950991.png (332KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1469950950991.png
332KB, 720x540px
>making yet another Bay Rod thread
>>
>>85157004
huh. that kinda works.
i wasnt aware we had heard anything whatsoever of the 5th movie, but now i'm excited. the 4th had the best/only story yet, actually doing a nice job setting up something new.
>>
File: hotrod.gif (377KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
hotrod.gif
377KB, 500x200px
>>85157004
There is no tool in this pool.
>>
Yeah, looks great.
>>
>>85157004
>No flame decals on chest

That's the only real beef anyone has with it.

Whatever. I'll be somewhat intrigued if I get more Hound and Crosshairs shenanigans.
>>
Thank god they put the name because I'd never guess who was that
>>
File: Lamborghini_Centenario_1[1].jpg (144KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Lamborghini_Centenario_1[1].jpg
144KB, 1536x864px
>>85160313
Looks like they used whatever colors the car Lamborghini provided comes in. Might be a license thing: "you gotta use the showroom paint job" or something. It's rare they custom paint job these bots... Prime, Bumblebee, Barricade, and Sentinel are about all I can think.

Basically he's this, but with red trim instead of yellow.
>>
>>85163382
and i'm sure they wanted him to look very different from the red guy in the third movie who they neglected to even decide on the name of and was just 'the red guy'
it's sad because i hear laypeople talking about how 'they cant follow the action' and i understand if they havent studied the characters in advance online, but in the third one it wasnt their fault at all, they had a bunch of utter throwaway characters
>>
Looks like someone glued together a bunch of broken washing machine parts like every other Bayformer.

Basic visual coherency is the enemy so make sure he's made of tens of thousands of individual moving parts so the viewer can't focus on anything and then of course we'll send him cartwheeling and flipping and spinning across the screen tangled with four other Transformers in a series of half second cuts.
>>
>>85163845
You sound like me when the first designs for the first movie came out
funny thing is if you actually look at them with a mechanist's eye, you can see they're actually fantastic and brilliantly engineered designs.
and once you study those designs enough, it's easier (though still hard) to watch the terribly-filmed blurred action
>>
>>85157004
>Have you guys talked about the guy who's going to get Optimus killed yet
Fix'd.
>>
>>85164190

They actually aren't though. Like, they're impressive from a certain standing point but they cheat a lot and use physical complexity to mask it. It's also easier to fool people into thinking more "detailed" designs are more realistic since it's harder for our brains to process the smaller inaccuracies in lighting etc. when it's tracking that much geometry.

I've seen a lot of fan stuff of more Geewun style transformers even from the early days that just carries a certain power and weight to it that the Bayformers lack.
>>
>>85166307
fraid you're wrong mate. unless you're talking about their transformations, which are absolutely cheated (But do a good job of making it look like they aren't)
the models themselves are fucking awesome. Nothing will ever be as awesome as blocky geometric japanese mecha, true, but these things are a masterpiece that's just too complex for people to get. from a certain perspective they look like something out of zoids.
>>
I didn't watch the Fourth in the theater, and I'm glad I didn't.

Failing a reboot back to G1, I would rather Bay stick to one story line and not keep rebooting with each movie...
>>
>>85157004
>>85138663
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.