[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reports say studio meddling resulted in signoificant changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: suicidesquad.jpg (88KB, 636x980px) Image search: [Google]
suicidesquad.jpg
88KB, 636x980px
Summary
> David Ayer directs Suicide Squad , intending it as a dark and serious film
>BvS releases , gets lambasted because of its dark and sombre tone
>WB upper brass panics. Tell Ayer they need to make Suicide Squad more fun with pop music and funny quips
> They do extensive reshoots and editing to rework the film

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-warner-bros-turned-suicide-squad-into-a-mess-i-1784760580

Ayer seems to be standing by the final cut so maybe it isn't so bad.
>>
He's coming. Can you feel it.
>>
>>85147958

>OP posting a horse

Are you trying to summon him?
>>
Did these changes include scrapping Harley's thick accent?
>>
Saw this thread on /tv/, still don't care, grimdark is still a shitty storytelling method.
>>
>>85147984
Ding ding ding ding?
>>
So stupid of WB.

This is an example of them following the leader in ways that they really shouldn't and being unable to look at their IPs and being able to tell what may work for one, may not work for another.
>>
>>85148022
But a grimdark film has a chance at being half good. An extensively reshot , confused film has no chance of being good.
>>
First Joker photo released
>That's not what he really looks like guys.
>They aren't that stupid, it's just a promo
Joker design confirmed
>It fits in perfectly.
>Stop sucking Ledger's dick!
>It's growing on me.
First trailer hits
>That's just a sample, the rest of the dialogue won't be so bad.
Confirmed all funny scenes were in the first trailer
>you just can't handle anything that isn't dark!
>le quippy meme babies!
Reshoots rumored
>Everything has reshoots! It's no big deal!
Reshoots confirmed to make it funnier and change the tone
>It'll be fine! They do this all the time with every masterpiece to completely redo tone from the ground up
Review embargo
>These happen all the time, doesn't mean the film is bad
Review embargo drops, movie is shit
>You can't just accept that this is great!

I'm sad the denial is in the final stages.
>>
>>85147958
This is why Barneyfags deserve death
>>
>>85148465
Shh. Just let it happen
>>
>>85147958
Wow, it's almost as if a movie about super-villains on a black ops suicide mission should be darker than a movie about Superman and Batman having their first team-up.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/tv/72791171
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.