[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide Squads for those who have seen it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 557
Thread images: 69

File: 0.png (239KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
239KB, 259x384px
ITT thread, peope who have actually seen SS and telling their opinion about it.

Personally, I loved it. It was sometimes a bit cheezy when they were going "we are a team/family, now", but most of the time, all of them are awesome.

Best surprise of this movie? Amanda Waller. they nailed her perfectly. The Wall is there and she rocks.

Hope this movie get good enough to get rid of the thin Amanda from the comics.

Also, for those wondering, Will smith play Will smith, but he also play a great Deadshot. So no complain from my part.

Anyone has seen it yet?
>>
Also, about Harley Quinn, even if it was for a short glimps you actually see her in her original DCAU costume. sweet.
>>
It's shit, no surprise

>Deadshot isn't bad
>Joker fake dies
>Meme Harley
>Boomerang was in it? I must've missed his 5 minutes of screen time
>>
>>85147189
Have we seen the same movie?

Harley is nice, loved her origin story And Boomerang was definitely here.

Loved what he did with Chief Zipline or whatihisname.

The only one who lack presence would be Killer Croc. They could have done more with him, but he basically has one moment, not a bad one, but that's it.
>>
It was shit. I agree that did The Wall perfectly and I actually enjoyed what I saw of The Joker. Not much else though.
>>
>>85147189
>Boomerang was in it? I must've missed his 5 minutes of screen time
sometimes it feels like he was added in after the fact
theres a scene where the entire team is climbing a set of stairs, and he's not there, then when they get to the end and all pose and look around he just sorta, steps out from behind everyone
>>
>>85147161
>Hope this movie get good enough to get rid of the thin Amanda from the comics.

They already did that, pay attention anon.
>>
>>85147161
It's really good.
>>
The pace was too fast
>>
>>85147242
Supposedly he had a side plot that was cut.
>>
>>85147245
Sorry.
>>
>>85147189
How is Deadshot not bad? He's a hired killer for money.
>>
>>85147161

It wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. I went in without expectations and came out entertained.
>>
Dont get where all the bad reviews are coming from, personally I enjoyed it, Margot makes a good Harley, loved the introductions the iconic Deadshot pose at the beginning and seeing Joker and Harley in their classic looks.

The characters were good, would have liked to see Boomerang fleshed out more, my only complaint was the villain.
>>
literally an expendables ripoff
>>
Its the fun I wanted a DC movie to be
Its not perfect and Cara sucks as enchantress but the characters are spot on
I wish they went on a few more missions together so they could push them all being family by the end more believable

WB needs to be on point with their movies stop forcing edits and let the directors do their own cuts

Joker is like Spider-man in civil war popping up briefly but not enough
>>
File: 1469336872264.jpg (214KB, 957x857px) Image search: [Google]
1469336872264.jpg
214KB, 957x857px
Who was hyped when you saw Joker and Harley dancing in the classic costumes?

I know the scene leaked but in the theater I was genuinely surprised it was in there because of all the frustration with her not having her jester outfit
>>
>>85147674
A ripoff of what?
>>
>>85147681
>Joker is like Spider-man in civil war popping up briefly but not enough
I'd say Joker is better integrated to the story than Spider Man was in Civil War.

In Civil War, I couldn't help but feel it was a last minute addition. In Suicide Squadd, the Joker seemed to be fully integrated to the plot.
>>
>>85147723
Loved it.
>>
The idea that this Joker genuinly loves Harley needs to be retconned in a later movie. If Harley isn't a metaphor for every battered wife on the world she loses a major aspect of her character.

I mean I am perfectly sure Margot Robbie could act that part great. Because HOLY FUCK does she get everything else about her PERCECTLY!

But yeah, the Joker loving Harley is dumb.
>>
Will Smith is a DAMN good Deadshot.

He's more father than assassin.
>>
>>85148701
I actually liked this interpretation of the Joker actually being in love with Harley, it made for a new interesting dynamic.
>If Harley isn't a metaphor for every battered wife on the world she loses a major aspect of her character.
Except it doesn't require retconning Joker loving Harley for that to be.

People like to think things in black and white, but, more often than not, the husband of a battered wife actually love her. This is precisely what make the whole situation awful.

There is actual love and it's destructive and cause suffering.

I don't know if they can work it out. But the joker actually loving Harley would result in a much more realistic portrayal of battered wife that just making the the partner a complete monster.
>>
>>85147161
I thought it was pretty good, 8/10 movie. Deadshot was pretty damn cool, Boomer was perfect, a bit lackluster last fight but otherwise damn entertaining. Leto's Joker was GOAT.
>>
>>85148786
Originally that was the entire point however. Harley genuinly believe Joker loved her, while to the Joker Harley was barely a tool because he only loved Batman.

Joker isn't supposed to give a flying fuck about Harley.
>>
>>85148870
Hilariously low standards there, bud
>>
>>85148701
He is in love with her
Its a type of crazy mad love where he's super possesive and abusive
>>
>>85148879
>Joker isn't supposed to give a flying fuck about Harley.

This is how you spot casuals
>>
>>85148879
Yes. that's what they did with the DCAU and it worked well perfectly. But imo, attempting to redo that will just give a weaker result than the cartoon.

Better try a different take and see what they can do with that.

I have to say what they did with the acid vat was pleasantly surprising, so no complain from me.
>>
>>85148929
I find your complete dismissal of my opinion amusing as well.
>>
If this movie flops at the box office I'll gladly take my gang of harley's or harley quinn movie
>>
>>85148870
>a bit lackluster last fight
I dunno. I liked liked Diablo going full Demi-god
>>
just back from watching it.
was a fun and entertaining movie, but the pacing was very chaotic and at some points it just seemed that scenes where missing.

joker was average, but harley was pretty good.
will smith was playing himself but he did a nice job
enchantress in her first apearance was hot, the other costume was pretty shit.
>>
>>85147161
It was horrible. Man going to see the movie just for Cap Aussie wasn't worthy
>>
>>85148929
Not him, but I agree with him.
>>
>>85148990
The brother fight was good, I meant the double sword fight with Enchantress.
>>
File: nigri nip slip.jpg (67KB, 519x753px) Image search: [Google]
nigri nip slip.jpg
67KB, 519x753px
>>85148990
him and croc where the most interesting characters.
shame diablo dies
>>
>>85148929
Damn right
>>
I used to think "shilling" was a /co/ meme
but after reading these post I tend to believe it is real

The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.

I would barely recommend people seeing it in the theaters but would definitely people rent it

nothing really bothered me about the movie other than Will Smith SUCKING as Deadshot and the hot topic Joker.
Everything else was pretty cool and being an evil CIS male I enjoyed watching Harley scamper about in her stripper outfit ( I know NOT MUH)
>>
>>85148954
No, YOUR POST is how you spot casuals.
>>
>>85149092
>other than Will Smith SUCKING as Deadshot and the hot topic Joker.
But both were good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IN9rqFUrAU
>>
>>85149092
>The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.
Uh? Doesn't having your entertainment's money qualify for what make a movie good?
>>
>>85148955
>Yes. that's what they did with the DCAU and it worked well perfectly. But imo, attempting to redo that will just give a weaker result than the cartoon
What. Snyder's films can be grimdark and have massive amounts of death and Superman saying no one stays good in this world and Batman straight up killing people but you draw the line at Harley Quinn sufferring spousal abuse?
>>
>>85149339
I don’t think you read that anon's post correctly. Like, at all. Try again
>>
>>85149339
>but you draw the line at Harley Quinn sufferring spousal abuse?
I did not. Nor did I even use "it's too violent for portrayal" as an argument.

What I said is
1. Most of spousal abuse come from partner that actually love the one they are abusing, so making the joker actually care about Harley would not detriment that aspect of her character

2. DCAU already did perfectly the "abusive monster who don't actually care about her partner" So trying to do it again and failing to do it better is less preferable than trying to go with a different and as interresting take on it.

the character of Harley isn't affected and Joker is, by its own nature, a so malleable character that you can make it work too.

Try to read a little better next time.
>>
>>85149092
I used to think "shilling" was a /tv/ meme
but after reading these post I tend to believe it is real

The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.

I would barely recommend people seeing it in the theaters but would definitely people rent it

nothing really bothered me about the movie other than Shia LaBeouf SUCKING as Sam Witwicky and the hot rod Bumblebee.
Everything else was pretty cool and being an evil CIS male I enjoyed watching Megan Fox scamper about in her stripper outfit ( I know NOT MUH)
>>
>>85148954
You're a fucking dumbass who wants to validate this ship. kys
>>
>>85149933
Was this a copy/pasta from the start, or did you just want to make anon mad?
>>
>>85147161
Just saw it an hour ago.

Enjoyed it, as good as average MCU fare for me.

Not muh Deadshot. CW Deadshot is still my live-action Deadshot. Having said that, Will Smith was ok.

Harley...okay.

Croc...okay. I want King Shark next.

Diablo/Slipknot...meh.

Katana okay. Don't know her too well except from BoP.

Needed way more Digger. Seriously.
>>
>>85151374
>Digger
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>85147183
THIS. That was cool, implied that she wore it for the first few years. Just a slow descent into sluttification. I mean, if Batfleck has been Batmanning for 10-20 years, she's probably been Harley-ing for at least 5, right?
>>
>>85151407
BOOMERANG YOU CUNT
>>
>>85151803
Oh shit I read that as "Diggle" for some fucking reason. My bad friend
>>
>>85147674
>expendables invented black op mission movie
>>
>>85147674
>>85154722
Oh? He was talking about the Expandable movie. I thought anon meant literally an expandable ripoff, a ripoff you don't need.

I can't really see how you can compare SS with Expandable, though. For one, SS is better.
>>
>>85151407
>>85151803
>>85151843
i don't know why this got such a laugh out of me
>>
Just saw it

>Great group chemistry. Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang and Diablo were best
>Plot WAS coherent, don't get where that criticism came from
>Barely any Joker, but what was there was GOAT. Leto is the best onscreen Joker ever.
>Katana was cool.
>Action scenes were great except the last big fight was kind of meh.
>Batfleck still best Batman/Bruce

Overall a good flick, definitely worth seeing in theatres.
>>
I'm definitely not going to spend money on this movie, but does anyone have a pic of RObbie in the Jester Outfit?
>>
>>85159374
>>Plot WAS coherent, don't get where that criticism came from
Probably the first DCCU who really managed to pull that off.
>>
>>85159563
Go see it. it's actually good. A fun moment.
>>
>>85147161
Editing is a mess, thought they would have learned their lesson after BvS. OTher than that there's some okay bits. Will Smith is doing the best Will Smith I've seen in years, Waller has a fair amount of badass scenes, and I think Harley was pretty good too. Not that there wasn't some awful scenes with them, but meh.
>>
>>85159571
Definitely.
>>
>>85159604

I agree mr shill, this looks pretty fun

https://my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm
>>
People are worried about Deadshot and Harley taking up so much screentime, and miraculously all the positive reviews in this thread say they're absolutely fabulous.
>>
>>85159966
The focus was definitely on them and Rick Flag. None of them were disappointing.
>>
>>85160178
Thanks, but I'm just gonna pirate it.
>>
>>85159715
there i no need to shill, it's one of the best scene of the movie.
>>
>>85148338
well...it was...he wasn't originally in the movie but they cut him in after disney got the rights back from fox...and some fighting scenes were reshot but now with him too
>>
>>85160941
I have difficulty to believe the Russo brothers saying "we wrote him from the start, it was either spidey or nothing", though.
>>
Garbage. An action movie with bad action, a character movie with paper-thin characters, a subversive movie that follows all the tropes to a T. It's terrible.
>>
>>85161005
>I have difficulty to believe the Russo brothers saying "we wrote him from the start, it was either spidey or nothing", though.
They said that They wrote Spidey. Then they were told that they wouldn't get Spidey, so they gave Spidey's fight to Black Panther who originally wasn't meant to be seen in costume. Then they were told they DID get Spidey, and they ended up keeping Black Panther's parts and just insert Spiderman back in.

Tony Stark's side was actually a bit bare, and it ended up working out that he got two people extra. Because originally the goal was to have Antman on Tony's side, but then the Antman director told them that Pym would never work with a Stark. So Antman had to switch sides, making the two teams uneven.
>>
It's shit.
I can't deal with the use of music in this movie.
Lame-ass action scenes. It's so lame you cant see shit in the last battle.

Poorly edited. It's a mess.
I can't even judge Leto's judger, little screen time. The way they used him was horrible. Harley and Joker relationship was horrible.

Worst movie of the year for me.
>>
>>85161266
>Worst movie of the year for me.
That's BVsS

You can hat SS, but you can't say with a straight face that it's worst than BVsS
>>
>>85149933
>I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.
So: Star Trek/Star Wars Reboot Tier?

Because I didn't leave the theater mad with either of those (the first one's, Into Darkness was shit); but I'm not ever going to bother watching either of them again either.
>>
File: before your time kiddo.jpg (100KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
before your time kiddo.jpg
100KB, 400x600px
>>85147674
>an expendables ripoff
>>
>>85161360
It's worse.
BvS at least tried something.
SS looks like they don't even tried. It's sad.
>>
File: comic book bait.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
comic book bait.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>85159374
>Leto is the best onscreen Joker ever
0/10 You're not even trying, anon.
>>
>>85147161

Viola Davis was great as Amanda Waller.

The drawn out look and impotent angst with which Joel Kinnamen portrayed Rick Flagg was good.

Jai Courtney was (and I still can't believe I'm saying this) great as Captain Boomerang.

I really enjoyed El Diablo transforming into some sort of Aztec fire god, didn't see that coming and really enjoyed it.

Harley using Katana's sword to cut out Enchantress's heart was fucking lame. They literally should have gone with a Dues ex Machina of Batman, Wonder Woman, or Flash to save the day because the threat had gotten out of control and needed a Justice Leaguer. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would have been a great crowd pleaser and a good use of Deus ex Machina.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. It was fun, but it's a clusterfuck; though it does know it's a clusterfuck and embraces cluster + fuck.
>>
GhettoDeadshot is Will Smith being Will Smith = bad.

Leto was seriously overhyped as GhettoJoker, tries waaaaay to hard to look like Joker but he ends up being more of a Tony Montana in Joker makeup.

Robbie was the highlight of the movie, nailed Harley.

The rest of the cast was horribly underused except Kinnaman who isn't that good of an actor (how Hollywood could pick him up is beyond me since his work here in Sweden is mediocre at best) and does sameface through the movie and Viola Davis who is good as Waller.

I would have liked to see more Boomerang and Diablo than Smith being Smith, both actors performed way better than Smith.

Plot is basically Ghostbusters.

In total , mediocre movie, nothing you will watch twice but not horribly bad.
>>
Still in theater.

Was good.
Not perfect not best cape movie of the year, but still far from bad.
The good half of cape movies, like Blade or something.
5-6/10
>>
>>85147276
Kills only evil people to pay for his daughter.
>>
Music was obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>85165061

My thoughts on it too.
>>
when Slipknot dies just like that, I didn't even laugh in time because of how sudden it was but goddam that was frickin hilarious. I don't know what i expected but oh boy that was so sudden and funny. [spoiIer] thought there'd be a twist where he comes back but nope he's just fuckin dead
>>
File: Walken-Cowbell.jpg (22KB, 390x292px) Image search: [Google]
Walken-Cowbell.jpg
22KB, 390x292px
Jared Leto's perfomance gave me some Christopher Walken vibes.
>>
>>85165166

This. Holy shit I want to murder whoever decided to shove so many fucking songs into this goddamn movie.
>>
Thought it was good. Each character was given a good back story/origin. There was a few nice surprises for those of us that don't hawk the Internet 24/7 spoiling every little thing out there.

Final fight started out as a house on fire with El Diablo and then got a little meh. Robbie's Harley is perfect. Leto does a good job with how his joker is written. Lots of little voice changes and such that makes it stand out. Will Smith was will Smith. Captain boomerangs was a wonderful pleasant surprise and should have been given more screen time. Katana was nailed for the most part. Croc was a love hat thing. I wish he would have been bigger but yet I'm glad he wasn't a walking cgi tank.
>>
>>85165061
This
>>
A movie like this lives or dies based on how effectively the characters interact with each other and how we see them deal with the main threat, or choose not to deal with it.

All that is stripped out of this movie. The characters feel hollow and directionless. They go where the plot demands, not under any agency or motivation of their own.
>>
>>85165539
>>85165517
I'm getting mixed messages
>>
>>85165554

I posted >>85165539

There's a token effort to establish the character motivations at the start, but where they start and where they end up isn't explained or demonstrated well at all. They just immediately jump to "WE'RE FAMILY :D" by the end with nothing to really show for it or why they're still invested in the shitshow of a mission.
>>
How does Slipknot's head go boom? I mean, it's PG-13 so I don't expect blood, but what happens? Does it cut away and you hear the boom?
>>
>>85165624

You hear the boom and then his headless body with a smoking neck stump just dangles off the rope.
>>
>>85165624
It's a bit of sloppy cgi. You see Slipknot start to go up and away on his cords, then you see flagger hit his icon, it cuts back to a slow moving Slipknot then you see the explosion. It cuts to Waller looking at an upside down dead Slipknot missing a head.
>>
>>85147161
I enjoyed it - as much or more than Guardians of the Galaxy (for me, they're both really fun "B" movies). The Joker parts don't work for me, but I hate all Jokers, so I wasn't let down. I thought Harley, Deadshot, and Diablo were really good, and the Wall was terrifying and horrifying (the way she slaughtered all those poor techs was perfectly judged, though I wish it had been called out more.)
>>
File: 04861.gif (823KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
04861.gif
823KB, 200x200px
>people defending this Harley/Joker
>>
>Camera focuses less on Harley's body as the movie progresses

Anyone else noticed this? She generally seemed to calm down throughout it as well, especially after Joker fakedies
>>
>>85165140
So not Deadshot at fucking all then.

Thanks, won't waste my money.
>>
The movie suffered because the Joker had too much screen time. For a movie called the Suicide Squad, they could have focused more on the Squad and gave only a little emphasis on the Joker.

The movie was also riddled with plotholes which I'm surprised was not pointed out here at all.

Why did Boomerang go back and help them in the end?

Why give Diablo an unexplained Avatar State?

Why didn't Waller evacuate the city? Flagg was in Ground Zero when it happened, she had plenty of time to run.

Why establish a timebomb to wipe out the Mayan God and then have it manually primed later? It was a 2-second bomb for that matter.

Who shot at them the first time they infiltrated the city?
>>
>>85166140
Not guy you reply to but other guy was wrong.

Deadshot said no women no children.
So still far from good guy.
>>
>>85166171
>Why give Diablo an unexplained Avatar State?

This is one thing I'm more than happy to chalk up to "IT'S MAGIC I AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT" because it looked pretty awesome.
>>
>>85166171
becuase boomerangs always come back
>>
>>85161360

BvS had beautiful cinematography, action, and imagery.

Suicide Squad had nothing. It's a knockoff.
>>
>>85165873
Joker is debatable but Harley was pretty flawless.
>>
>>85166247

I didn't like this Joker at all. But I almost always disike the Joker anyways.

Harley was pretty good though.
>>
>>85147161
>he also play a great Deadshot.

Deadshot never appeared once in this disaster.
>>
>>85148989
>Not Harleen Quinzel
So did she legally change her name, or what?
>>
>>85162342
>Kinnaman who isn't that good of an actor (how Hollywood could pick him up is beyond me since his work here in Sweden is mediocre at best)

It was originally Tom Hardy, but he dropped out to shoot the Revenant.
>>
File: 143267453234.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
143267453234.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Big cheesy introduction for each villain, showing their name and stuff on-screen and a montage of them doing their thing
>Oh, and here's Slipknot
>Two minutes into the mission
>If you try to escape, your head will blow up
>Tries to escape
>His head blows up
>>
>>85166171
1. Boomerangs came back cause he had nowhere to go. I mean the city is half destroyed and infested with minions he's gonna a need chopper exit at least. Or maybe he developed an ounce of loyalty but prolly the first one. 2. The city was evacuated. When they landed all the electronic billboards message about 'evacuate the city's. 3. The bomb was still timed but it was stopped on 1 sec when Enchantress abandoned them and turned back on by the soldier to continue the 1 sec countdown. 4. They were shot down probably by the minions who were former military with guns. Suicide Squad wasn't the first military people in so safe to assume most of the dangerous minions were turned military.
>>
>>85165140
He's still killing people for money.
>>
>>85166430
Yeah we all knew that was what he was for.

Hell that scene with him and boomerang chatting was pretty much word for word how it went down in the comics.
Though they should have given him an ounce of buildup, just so he wouldn't have been as obvious a red shirt.

KGBeast in the Suicide Squad animated movie got at least that.
>>
File: QhgN4MQ.png (317KB, 599x329px) Image search: [Google]
QhgN4MQ.png
317KB, 599x329px
>Characters get on a helicopter
>It crashes
>Joker escapes in a helicopter
>It crashes
>Waller gets in a helicopter
>It crashes
>>
>>85159715
>this saw that scene and said "yep, that music fits perfectly"
>>
They really stacked on the soundtrack for this movie, but since they were all songs I like guess I can't complain.

Would love to get the soundtrack, would be a good mix CD.
>>
>>85166575
What you expect?
The whole city was busted to shit or being busted to shit.

If they had used a bus it would have been shot up and crashed too.
>>
>Suicide level
>It Ain't Me starts playing
>>
>>85159715
Is the entire movie like this? A bunch of music videos strung together for 2 hours?
>>
>>85166708
Yes. WB forced them to do it because people liked the trailers. The execs over there are beyond incompetent.
>>
>>85166708
Near the start of the movie, there are three back-to-back popular songs.
>>
>>85151374

What CW show does Deadshot appear in, a
>>
>>85166797
literally all of them at some point, but mostly arrow
>>
>>85166708
>>85166751
>>85166779
No wonder a trailer editor edited this
>>
File: willshot.png (911KB, 774x1033px) Image search: [Google]
willshot.png
911KB, 774x1033px
>>85147161
I loved it, and I think this is the only time I'll ever say this about a movie version of a comic character:

Movie Deadshot is better than comic Deadshot
>>
>>85147161

>Personally, I loved it. It was sometimes a bit cheezy when they were going "we are a team/family, now", but most of the time, all of them are awesome.
>Best surprise of this movie? Amanda Waller. they nailed her perfectly. The Wall is there and she rocks.

This sums it up pretty well. Could've had more Boomerang dialogue though.
>>
>>85166830

So he appears in Flash? Which season?
>>
File: 1382226645950.gif (671KB, 156x190px) Image search: [Google]
1382226645950.gif
671KB, 156x190px
So the Joker isn't even fucking funny?
>>
If this was a Marvel film it would be 60-70 rated. 27% on RT is a joke.
>>
>>85166905
second season on Earth 2, parallel deadshot is a cop who is the worst shot in the police force
>>
>>85166958

Thanks m8.
>>
>>85166849
Fuck will smith. He hasn't been entertaining since h stopped making music videos.
>>
>>85166849
As a reader of most of Ostrander's SS run and Simones old52 Secret Six

I'll fight you.
>>
>>85147226
Katana was unnecessary in the movie and adding Slipknot just to kill him 10 minutes later was pretty lame

Other than that I wish they went with the Deadshot brother route than with the daughter cliche, but I liked the movie overall. Victoria Davis was on point as Amanda Waller, and I loved Margo Robbie's Harley.
>>
>>85166941
>Expecting The Joker to be funny
What live action was he funny in? 60s Batman movie and what else???
>>
>>85166951
This.

Ghostbusters got a 70%+. That's how you know this shit is stupid.
>>
>>85167000
Bring it. I've read every SS issue since the 2000s and I feel like if they ever pull a Nick Fury on Deadshot, the series will instantly improve.

I was one of the few posters that ever tried to talk about SS here for a long time....... a long time..... I think I'm just now realizing how much time I've wasted here.

What the fuck have I been doing with my life
>>
File: 1466994795972.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1466994795972.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>85147161

Things I liked

>Deadshot wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be, could be fixed with a little editing.
>Deadshot shooting scenes
>some of the character intros
>Harley was great for the most part
>Boomerang was pretty funny, with the bit a screen time they gave him
>the flash is the one to capture Boomerang
>El Diablo, which surprised me. Wished we had more
>Cute-tana, also wish we had more of her
>Amanda Waller was fucking perfect
>the bar scene
>Batfleck not wanting to fuck up Deadshot in front of his daughter
>Batfleck punching Harley in the face
>Enchantress looked cool at times, when she wasn't a dancing like Dee Reynolds

Things I didn't like

>The soundtrack being obnoxious at times
>The Joker and Harley flashbacks
>The Joker being some flamboyant mob boss
>Leto clearly trying way too hard
>the editing
>some of deadshot being made somewhat one of the main focus instead of the focus be on the team
>shit climax
>"YOU'RE EVOOOOOOOOL!!"
>Rick Flagg
>Croc is ghetto and likes BET
>some of the character intros
>some of the jokes
>>
File: 1376494713692.png (3KB, 203x210px) Image search: [Google]
1376494713692.png
3KB, 203x210px
>>85167053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3E5tLoado

being funny is kind of necessary for being the joker you daft cunt
>>
File: 1457708595993.png (71KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1457708595993.png
71KB, 251x251px
Just came back from theater.

I'm sad. The movie is bad, /co/. Really, really bad. The pacing is terrible, the writing is a completely mess.

The most frustrating of all is the feeling of badly used opportunity. Suicide Squad had, maybe even more than Deadpool, the potential to oxygenate the superhero movie genre, with characters handpicked of the excellent gallery of Batman villains, but Ayer didn't find the tone.
>>
>>85166849
I had the biggest grin on my face when they showed him standing in the raining shell casings
>>
File: 1459476581237.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1459476581237.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>85166951
>>
>>85167135
Same thing we've all been doing
>wasting it
>>
>>85147183
That was awesome.

I thought I wasn't gonna dig these Harley and Joker incarnations, but I really liked Margot. Minus a few forced LOLSOCRAZY moments, I feel like she nailed it and had respect for the character and the few moments she showed inner conflict weren't overdone and corny like they could've been. I love Arkham Knight but when Harley goes into her version of detective vision, Harleen talking to her is a bit much.

Leto sounds too much like Ledger, but he gives off the opulent crime boss vibe well, despite the edgyness and tats. He actually feels like he fits in this universe's criminal underworld. And he nails the occasional homoerotic vibe too. I want to see him opposite Batfleck.

I liked Flagg, more than I thought I would. Croc was bro tier and Diablo was fun.

Will Smith being Will Smith is always fun. I get people might've thought Deadshot wasn't bad enough, but I always dug him as the antihero type like in his 2002 miniseries.

Waller was something else. I found the scene before she was to escape the city quite shocking, even for her.

The humor felt forced at times and it felt like it was trying too hard to be GOTG, but fuck it, this feels like an antidote for the people that say the DC universe lacks "fun."

If it was Marvel's movie and it came out before GOTG, everyone would be sucking its dick.
>>
It was just as god damn dull and boring as BvS, it was slightly better though
>>
File: 1435934566484.png (777KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435934566484.png
777KB, 1280x720px
>>85166849
>>
>>85167273
Word, I had the same reaction. Couldn't help myself. Also the entire scene where he thought they gave him dummy rounds was gold.

I also love how they emphasized his skill so early in the movie with that ricochet kill.
>>
File: 138273654672.png (140KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
138273654672.png
140KB, 368x368px
Just came back and, seriously? I really want that this movie buries the DC Cinematic Universe. But, unfortunately, it will be successful. The movie is terrible.
>>
>>85167059
True. The fact that faggots are slurping up Ghostbusters and saying it is wonderful and then shitting on this movie just goes to show that there is an inherent bias against movies that aren't fucking pushing shit agendas.
>>
>>85147161
buddy just told me it its suicide squad fully realized on film

soooo do i trust his word, or a bunch of anonymous shitposters
>>
File: 1443038607366.jpg (92KB, 320x279px) Image search: [Google]
1443038607366.jpg
92KB, 320x279px
>The ending where Floyd is teaching his daughter geometry
>>
Texting from back of theater. `1 hr in.

Should I walk out? It just doesn't feel good. Not awful, but it's not good. It's certainly not Suicide Squad.

I wanted villain antagonists, they're trying to make them anti-heroes.
>>
>>85147161
It was pretty enjoyable, but it felt way too fast paced and some of the action scenes the way they were shot gave me a headache

I blame the reshoots.
>>
File: jok.png (36KB, 137x145px) Image search: [Google]
jok.png
36KB, 137x145px
Why does this Bruce Wayne make it obvious as fuck to everybody that he is Batman?

In this movie, and the Justice League trailer, he is telling like every person he talks to practically
>>
>>85147161
Joker was the weirdest part to me. He felt very forced and made no impact for me at all, like someone that'd be in a show like Agents of SHIELD or Gotham rather than a big profile movie.

If he'd just been in flashbacks I would have been fine with him because he would have just been an extension of Harley's origin, but giving him a side story felt out of place.
>>
>>85148701
Did you miss the part where he bailed on her after the car crash? The reason she's locked up?
>>
>>85167433
You can try watching it and, I know this may be a bit radical for you, but judge it on your own? Maybe possibly? I know, I know, crazy idea.
>>
>>85167500
I wonder if we'll get a director's cut of the movie.

I get the backstories being mixed in, but it too waaaaayyyy too goddamn long to get to the main action.
>>
>>85167493

I meant villain protagonists
>>
>>85167493
Do you even read SS? Or comics in general?
>>
Is it true that Joker has very little screen time?

The Joker looked like absolute shit in this movie no doubt about it, but I had expected them to milk him throughout the movie.
>>
>>85167511

I'm pretty sure he knew Batman would have to save her.
>>
>>85167559
Of course not. He hates DC movies.
>>
>>85167533
right, because that's the issue here, my own thoughts.
not the fact that /co/ now shit talks for asinine identity reasons
>>
>>85147636
The harley joker sequences referencing some of the comic continuity was actually really good and clever.

Harley Quinn shouldn't have worked. She should've been one of those characters where you say "the writers were just throwing stuff to the wall to see what stuck" but she turned to be really good. Will Smith played a variant of the character he's always played. Either you like that or you don't. I liked Deadshot. I was surprised to like Joker. I was upset when I saw the initial pictures but I'm very happy I gave this Joker a chance. A very creepy and authentic Joker.

>>85147681
Enchantress I have mixed feelings about. Here's my deal-- the movie, at least when I saw it in 3d, was a bit dark. I mean, they could've brightened it a bit. So when they try to use the enchantress all dark and shadowy, it just seemed too dark. But I liked what they were trying to do with her.

Also, the cinematography had too many closeups during the action sequences.
>>
File: joker suit.jpg (168KB, 583x1620px) Image search: [Google]
joker suit.jpg
168KB, 583x1620px
>told everybody Will Smith would just do his standard Men In Black style action comedy role
>"nuh-uh, you haven't seen it yet anon! Besides, Will Smith is a terrific actor! Just wait and see"
>not surprisingly, Will Smith does exactly what everyone expected him to do
>>
>>85167559

Several runs of Suicide Squad and Secret Six pre-reboot.
>>
>>85167584
Yep, Leto got cut almost entirely out of the movie.
>>
>>85167584
I thought he was used just enough and in the proper way, to be the wild card that throws shit into chaos when everyone seems to have a handle on things.

Plus the ending with him showing up in a SWAT suit labeled JOKER is fucking perfect.
>>
>>85167617
So you think /co/ doesn't know what they're talking about, but your friend does. What exactly is the issue then.
>>
>>85167623
Whats even greater is that Will Smith acting like typical Will Smith is what everyone is praising him for. They think he did a great job.
>>
>>85167493

>texting during film
>Sitting at the back of the cinema
>Not being able to form your own opinion

Back to >reddit with you.
>>
File: 1458807029450.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1458807029450.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>85167642
>SWAT suit labeled JOKER

That shit was fucking fabulous

Only the Joker would have a suit like that custom made for one jail break
>>
>>85167389
Why would you want them to slow down DC movie production? I mean if you were a fan you'd either want more like this if you enjoyed it or more in general to cover up what you didn't like.

Eh what am I saying
If Superman Returns Green Lantern and Jonah Hex didn't stop DC movie productions why would Suicide Squad?
>>
>>85167507
This. Also, making any deal with Viola Davis gives a very bad light to the image of Batman, whether he knows what kind of bitch she is or not...she is literally the worst kind of trash there could ever be.
>>
>>85167669
It spoiled the reveal, but it's not like everyone didn't see it coming a mile away.
>>
File: dcforums.jpg (138KB, 550x364px) Image search: [Google]
dcforums.jpg
138KB, 550x364px
>>85167559

>has a middling-to-negative opinion of the movie

>immediately attacked and told they don't read the source material

God, DC-cucks get mad easy.
>>
>>85167433
Character bios are accurate to their comic versions.
Which feels pretty rare at times when it comes to Comic book movies.
>>
File: 138349736465.jpg (85KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
138349736465.jpg
85KB, 540x622px
>>85167670
Because they're ruining the characters. Superman is shit, Batman is a killer, Joker is terrible. What's next?
>>
File: bruh.jpg (22KB, 356x398px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
22KB, 356x398px
>>85165140
>no its okay i did it for my daughter
Shit, you're right, that suddenly makes murdering people okay and him not a bad guy at all.
>>
>>85167706
You can not like the movie all you want, my FB is full of SS fans who hated the movie and I respect their opinion. However you're on the comic board, so I expect you to know at least a little about the source material when you go to see a comic movie.
>>
>>85147189
Nice copypasta from the last two or three threads, asshole.
>>
File: 902593-deadshot.jpg (401KB, 800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
902593-deadshot.jpg
401KB, 800x1215px
I just got back from seeing the film. I didn't think it was a-ok perfect, but it definitely doesn't deserve the horrible reviews it's getting.
Boomer and Katana were fun to watch, even if they only had limited screen time. The intro for Deadshot with pic related was really cool, same with the shot of Harley and Joker dancing.
>>
File: 1430031599611998.jpg (33KB, 375x363px) Image search: [Google]
1430031599611998.jpg
33KB, 375x363px
Enchantress looked pretty cool in her final form with the green suit

I don't remember seeing that in any of the trailers or promo pics
>>
>>85167759
It's the fact that they'll never make a character that Will Smith is playing truly evil. He'll always be someone the audience cares about in some way and he wants to keep it that way. You aren't going to see him ever hit a female or kill someone that is truly innocent.
>>
>>85165469
Heath Ledger's was very much like Humphrey Bogart.
>>
File: BirdsofPrey006628.jpg (283KB, 628x291px) Image search: [Google]
BirdsofPrey006628.jpg
283KB, 628x291px
>>85167666

REAL HERO

A REAL HUMAN BEAN
>>
>>85167646
/co/ that this board is in some ways worse than /tv/ and even /tv/ has lost so much of the self awareness that at least made it fun

/co/ is so up its own ass about simplistic thoughts that are passed around like gospel
>>
File: 1426086523983.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1426086523983.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Katana was so fucking good in the few scenes she got but she had so little screen time overall. Her natural cuteness trying to be all badass had me melting.

Anyone else upset she didn't get more time?
>>
>>85167759

To a lot of people, that does make him okay.

He's basically the Punisher, except he gets paid.
>>
File: 141545463569.gif (773KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
141545463569.gif
773KB, 259x214px
>mfw the reshoots ruined what otherwise would've been a great movie
>>
>>85167878
She needs a solo movie.
>>
>>85167853
...Ok. While all of that may be true, what exactly does any of that have to do with the suicide squad flick.
>>
>>85167878

I honestly would have enjoyed a Katana movie more, probably.

She wouldn't even need to talk much.
>>
File: 2142894-1.png (352KB, 400x482px) Image search: [Google]
2142894-1.png
352KB, 400x482px
>>85167840

>Floyd in the comics is funnier than the Joker in the movie
>>
>>85167738
Joker kinda sucked but everyone else was pretty on point.

We got The Wall on the big screen even after her taint of being introduced in GL.
We got D-Listers like Diablo being praised.
We've got a Harley Quinn so on point the mountain of porn parody stuff we'll get will also be accurate since they'll be parodying her.

While this movie is far from Oscar Winning in any way, we are still way better off than what happened to shit like Jonah Hex and Steel. Which this movie could easily have ended up.
>>
>>85147161
When did everyone turn into a movie critic? It's a summer blockbuster, it's just a fun movie to turn your brain off at.
>>
I must live in the only town in America in which capeshit is unanimously loved.

>Prime examples of Americans Clapping throughout Civil War, BvS, Suicide Squad, Ant-Man
>Trailers for WW and Dr. Strange got cheers (surprised me)
>Never even had explain Ant-Man or Aquaman's usefulness and had coworkers/classmates tell me they were looking forward to Ant-Man/want to see Aquaman

I thought I was quickly becoming a no-fun-allowed faggot when I was a little disappointed by Age of Ultron and Thor 2, but since then I've had fun with all these movies. Fox is the only company I never bother to watch movies from.

I honestly feel like most of these adaptations range from "alright" at worst to "pretty good". All worth rewatching. Hope it stays that way.

As far as Suicide Squad goes I got to see a neat Flash cameo, a GOAT Amanda Waller, and some fun shit with Croc, Katana and Boomerang. Don't know if the whole movie needed to be a music video but it didn't bother me too much. Points for Raekwon
>>
>>85167882
That doesn't really excuse the Punisher either. But there is a major difference in the fact that the Punisher spends a great deal of time planning out his hits, making sure he's truly killing scum.

From what I'm hearing about this, Deadshot doesn't care as long as it's not a woman or child. That's still a step towards evil that the Punisher doesn't have.

I mean, I can see why people are upset if they wanted a closer adaptation of these characters. But they're still bad dudes and if the movie does well, it leaves room for them to get the characters better as time goes on.
>>
File: 1417563286540.jpg (286KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1417563286540.jpg
286KB, 1000x1500px
>>85167902
>>85167912
You guys are alright
>>
>>85167802
Yeah they only mentioned the first outfit that she sort of ditched most of the movie.

Which is a shame cause I think I liked that one more.
Especially on the first transformation reveal
Something about that lil smoke hand flip just had me lovin it so damn much.
>>
File: 1469795891139.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1469795891139.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>85167962
>>Prime examples of Americans Clapping throughout
>>
It's the best of the three in my opinion. Not that hard to beat BvS
>>
>>85167936
They didn't go with funny Joker, they went with edgy Joker. Deadshot made me laugh, Joker not even once.
>>
>>85167882
Well that's their moral lacking.
>>
>>85168020

That's all the fucking do. It was hard to hear dialogue throughout Winter Soldier and BvS. TASM too. The sequel not as much
>>
>>85167886
Maybe we'll get another Ultimate Edition?

Just everyone hype for the Ultimate DCCU cause they enjoy it more than theatrical versions?
>>
>>85167977

I want my bosuzoku ninja.
>>
>>85168062
Warner execs need to fuck off and stop getting into the business of how films are edited.

They need to let people do their thing. And reassign Geoff Johns, but that's not bloody likely.
>>
>>85165140
>>85167759
>>85167803
the fuck, the movie doesn't excuse the character for his actions, in fact that's part of the point of the movie, that despite still being accountable for the past, a person can still do good and find redemption
>>
>>85168062
I'd prefer it if they just stopped fucking with their director's movies and trust them.
>>
File: 133625908578.jpg (8KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
133625908578.jpg
8KB, 239x200px
Just watched it. It's awful, /co/. I mean, really awful.

Pros:
Harley
Deadshot
Waller
El Diablo
The Squad members introduction scene is cool

Cons:
Writing
CGI
Joker
Underused Katana and Croc
Pace
Direction
Did I already mention the Joker?

When this suffer will end, /co/? I really like DC and his characters. I grow up watching the Timm's animated universe and that universe worked beautifuly. Why Warner can't make a really cool movie?
>>
>>85167962
>Points for Raekwon

What did they use?
>>
I dont think anyone here read the suicide squad comic. The movie was damn spot on from the source material they went for. There were some changes like killer croc instead of killer shark but overall the comic was jumpy fast paced and they dont care about some of the characters and they just get killed off such as slipknot in the film. The film was extremely close and did the story justice.
>>
>>85168177
I still wonder how Green Lantern would've turned out if it hadn't had the pacing/editing of a child with ADD.

Blake Lively would've still been awful though.
>>
>>85168204

>I grow up watching the Timm's animated universe and that universe worked beautifuly.

You just didn't get what you were expecting. I'm not shitting on your taste, but DCAUfags tend to dislike even the comics because they say "DCAU does everything better."
>>
Joker was the worst part of the film as expected
>>
>>85168204
they did make a really cool movie, it comes out tomorrow
>>
File: 132771694779.gif (12KB, 214x204px) Image search: [Google]
132771694779.gif
12KB, 214x204px
>>85168204
Leto is a great actor, but he clearly didn't get the Joker
>>
>>85168210
>I dont think anyone here read the suicide squad comic.
>The movie was damn spot on from the source material they went for
well gee i fucking wonder what is going in this thread and the rest of the board......
>>
>>85168231
>pacing/editing
Holy shit, can you niggers come up with a new criticism? Saying this makes me think you know absolutely nothing about film making and are just trying to sound smart.

I want to know how Green Lantern would've turned out if they'd let Berlanti make the movie he wanted. WB simply doesn't get superheroes.
>>
File: 1467345348987.jpg (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467345348987.jpg
103KB, 480x640px
As someone who didn't know much about these characters going in, I thought the movie was fun. Not fantastic, but it certainly does not deserve all the hate its been getting. I can see it being really popular with casuals the same way GotG is. Enchantress ended up being a much more interesting villain than anything we've seen from Marvel/DC in a while. Harley ended up being less annoying than the trailers made her seem which was nice. Leto's Joker felt closer to Hamill than Ledger. I'd have liked to see more of him, but it really wasn't his movie. It gives me hope for when the Batfleck films roll around. Maybe mom won't freak this time. Regardless of the bad reviews, Suicide Squad is most likely going to be a big hit at the box office.

I'm also looking forward to the herds of girls slutting it up as Harley Quinn come halloween.
>>
Everything was good but the last fight felt so fast didn't get to savor it
>>
>>85168328
Its a valid criticism since WB keeps fucking doing it!
>>
>>85168210

I don't remember any Killer Shark.

I remember a KING Shark, but he was in the reboot Suicide Squad, which is a pale fucking shadow.

King Shark was better in Secret Six.
>>
>>85168328

A large number of people complaining about the same problem doesn't make it suddenly stop being a problem.
>>
>>85168328
I don't get why you're sperging out, we're pretty much in agreement but just putting it differently.

Yes, Warner execs fucking suck and need to find the right people, a clear vision, and stop fucking with it.
>>
>>85168158
>>85168177
Yeah idk why but Wanted execs suck

Marvel willing to let Gunn do his thing and it became a huge success. Even Fox somehow didn't butcher a fantastic Deadpool script into a crappy pg13 thing.
Meanwhile we are finding out crap like WB has so little faith in their capes they would rather take their money and giant spiders in crap like WildWildWest rather than trust Tim Burton AT HIS PEAK SUCCESS RATE.
>>
>>85168407
Im almost glad King Shark wasnt in this, god knows what that trainwreck would be
>>
File: 1462756675718.png (7KB, 290x321px) Image search: [Google]
1462756675718.png
7KB, 290x321px
>>85168262
>they did make a really cool movie, it comes out tomorrow

but a large chunk of people say its bad, including reviewers i trust

i'm thinking of saving my money
>>
>>85168457

The Flash series managed to do a pretty neat job, despite having a shit budget.
>>
I don't think the movie deserves the sheer depth of critical hatred it is getting, but it wasn't good. The Joker was an absolute seesaw in terms of whether you could take him seriously or not, Enchantress and the finale were dreadful. it had no real substance in the middle, the music was atrocious and definitely intended to ape GotG.

The start felt uneven and jumbled together, the middle was a wash and the final part just wasn't good. There were hints of a good movie here and there and I think knowing about the changes in production would be really interesting. Some characters were better than I expected - Deadshot for one.
>>
>>85168407
My bad i didnt mean to say killer shark but i liked his little side deal where they kept him from water making him into an animal rather than being smart
>>
>>85168204
I wouldn't say it was awful.

I always feel like if you call something like SS awful, what words are you gonna have left to use on something truly awful.
Like Steel or The Spirit or Xmen Origins.
>>
File: 1376711416841.jpg (51KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1376711416841.jpg
51KB, 323x323px
CAN'T WAIT TO BUY A TICKET FOR SECRET LIFE OF PETS AND GO TO THIS INSTEAD
>>
>>85168516
Two other things stood out I guess, one: they totally got Waller down. She was a stone cold bitch and she owned it. Two: this 'we are a team' 'we are family' 'we are true friends' shit - that is just not the Suicide Squad. It didn't even feel like it matched up with earlier parts of the same movie. The squad don't like each other. They don't all have goodness deep down inside. The movie was all about proclaiming them the worst of the worst at the start, but it felt the need to give them a redemption arc en masse.
>>
>>85168298
Im just saying i liked it because i liked the comic also but I can understand if someone didnt like how kind of loosey goosey it is lol
>>
I didn't love it..but I didn't hate it.

> all the Deadshot moments
> everything Waller did or said
> Boomer leaving and immediately returning
> El Diablo's evolution as a character
> Harley's more introspective moments
> Croc and Katana spinning gold out of nothing

But on the other hand we have

> the shittiest reason ever to assemble SS
> literal who cares Incubus
> literal who cares Rick Flagg
> literal who cares Flagg and June Moon's romance
> literal what the fuck doomsday machine

I'm too fresh out of the theater to decide whether or not I can deal with this type of Joker. I think I'd need to see him played against The Bat to really tell.
>>
>>85166467
Dam this guy gets it
>>
>>85168644
I would take like one of these super-gory Japanese action flicks with Katana desu.
>>
Was anyone else surprised at how enjoyable it was to watch El Diablo? My only real exposure to the character was in New 52 Suicide Squad, but in the movie I was rooting for him pretty hard towards the end.
>>
>>85168468
i got the complete opposite experience, along with fabricated hyperbolic stories being printed everywhere

people are saying this is the worst movie ever made, which it clearly isn't

and to be clear, it doesn't matter if people like it or not, but the hyperbolic responses that draw lines in the sand and the articles that read as hit pieces and not reviews

oh, and the fucking bullshit about the "misogyny" and "racism" and the "editing" which as far as i have seen has been used as a buzzword with no explanation. i call bullshit

and funnily enough, the reviewers i go to rarely do cb movies at all. my SS fan buddies just told me they were ecstatic over what they saw, and i liked it as well. shit's getting pretty rambly, sorry, go sleep now
>>
>>85168644
I liked Joker, but really couldn't see him going against Batman. The Batman in this DCEU seems pretty high up there with Superman and Wonder Woman, whilst Joker seems like a glorified mob boss.
>>
>>85168689
Everyone in the squad should've have gotten at least that much character. I wasn't especially wild about him - the shit at the end definitely needed more build up - but he stood out because of the shit around him. He was decent.
>>
>>85168740
>That joker electroshock therapy scene with Harley
>Still saying editing criticism is still a buzzword
Yeah ok pal
>>
>The Tattooed Man was literally just the credit for a man with tattoos
>>
Color palette was pretty dark and made some scenes tough to watch.

Liked all the characters. It was a fun generic plot action movie that happened to star comic characters. Will watch again.

Biggest complaint was how weird Enchantress looks doing her strange witch dance magic.
>>
I feel like all of the criticism for this movie is completely spot-on.

Spotty as fuck editing, weak plot (this is pretty much The Avengers redux), and a really muddy third act.

In spite of that, I had a pretty good time. Loved all of the characters with the exception of Flagg and Enchantress who did nothing for me. I think if Boomerang and Katana had gotten more screen time I'd be way less reserved in liking it.
>>
File: Those_two_crazy_smart_guys-1.png (147KB, 581x203px) Image search: [Google]
Those_two_crazy_smart_guys-1.png
147KB, 581x203px
Sitting in my cinema / LCS right now, waitting for the trailers to start so I can go and get my food and drink. Wish me luck anons...
>>
>>85168793
>there's nothing wrong with that
since when are warped pov shots not allowed
>>
File: 1345670785934.png (109KB, 342x272px) Image search: [Google]
1345670785934.png
109KB, 342x272px
If you could save ONE character adaptation from this movie while the rest get rebooted, who would it be?
>>
>>85168793
That scene in specific was really weird to watch. Like I was down for the weird effect kinda thing, but for it to go between that and normal shots from the trailer was really jarring,
>>
>>85168826
>and a really muddy third act.
To me it's more like, the second act and third act were just fused together. We needed to see the squad - even some of the squad - doing missions before the bad shit went down.

I actually thought Flag was fine. They even did a little bit of the Flag/Deadshot shit in the original GOAT run.
>>
>>85166951
No, if it was a Marvel movie it'd be less edgy and have better directing.
>>
>>85168872
Waller. Then Boomer. Then Katana (mainly for the outfit).
>>
>>85168870
Not that numbnuts, the non warped shit where it jumped from "What do we have here" to lamp grab, and etc. The distortion bits are fine I guess, but it didnt blend well
>>
>>85147161

>MFW Slipknot

Me and my brother were wondering who would be killed off to show the audience the neck bombs were super serious and the fact Slipknot was the only one there who didn't get a fucking intro but also punched a lady in the face because "she had a mouth" was kind of heavy handed and made it obvious.
>>
>>85168910
Better editing, but better directing? Give me a break.
>>
>>85168872

Waller. She was perfect in every conceivable way.

The baddest motherfucker in the entire room.
>>
>>85147161
for someone in now way interested in seeing the flick, what happens and who is the bad guy?
>>
File: 1343264566203.jpg (38KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
1343264566203.jpg
38KB, 359x450px
>>85169057
kek name a well directed DC film that isn't Nolan
>>
>>85169194
Wes Craven Swamp Thing?
Cronenberg History of Violence?
Idk who directed anything else cause I suck at remembering names. Well except Snyder but I ain't staying up all night doing that uphill battle to defend his work. Even if I do like it.
>>
>>85168455
Marvel fucked with Edgar Wright on Antman and that still turned out ok
>>
>>85169038
Yeah but honestly anyone would have guessed Slipknot to begin with.

He's such a Z Lister it is literally all he is good for.
Movie scene is pretty much 1 for 1 how it went down in comics. With Boomer tricking him and everything.
>>
so anyone got an active torrent yet?
>>
>>85169153
Amanda Waller has been planning a disposable team of super villains to use for government work.
She gets the green light in the wake of the events in Superman.
Immediately after she assembles the team, the most powerful member Enchantress goes haywire and begins to destroy Midway City.
Enchantress and her brother are the villains, and the Suicide Squad is pushed by Rick Flag and Waller to defeat them, which they ultimately do not because they are forced to but because of the power of friendship.
>>
>>85169038

He should've got an intro that acknowledges the existence of Firestorm.

That would've been good shit
>>
File: 1343263864849.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1343263864849.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>85169363
more like Edgar Wright fucked with Marvel

for ten years

>Edgar
>Edgar please finish the film we need to put Pym and Janet in the Avengers they're kind of important
>nahhhhhhhhhhhh i'm gonna take another 5 years lol
>>
>>85169452
Marvel wasn't pushing him to make the movie. They put it on hold after Iron Man became popular, so he went off to do other things. Then when it came time to make it they had their formula down and tried to make him adhere to it, so he left.
>>
>>85169414
so it was all completely pointless? Waller made a team for nothing?
>>
>>85169496
the dipshit thought cornetto 3 and scott pilgrim held priority, and his ideas for the antman movie were dogshit. he had no respect for the source material besides "i liek scott lang"

he can fuck himself
>>
>>85169508
She still has the team at the end. And I guess the green light, because she made sure nobody else knew exactly how she fucked up.
>>
File: image.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 200x300px
Anyone else leave the theater just confuse?

The movie isn't 10/10 material, but it isn't anywhere near a 2 or 3/10 like critics are saying. I'd give it a 6 if I were feeling pessimistic, and a 7.5-8 at the very best. I've seen plenty of movies that were worse and got much better scores from critics. Hell, I'd say that this movie was on the same level as Civil War. It feels odd that the whole reviewer community would be united in hate for this movie when it really, honestly, doesn't deserve it.

It's a nice popcorn flick with plenty of entertainment value. I don't get it.
>>
>>85147161
>opening credits literally throw up red and black diamond covered DC Comics and WB logos
>expecting this movie not to be just a Harley Quinn In The Cinematic Universe character vehicle

I can see why fans of Deadshot or Croc or the others would be pissed off, but Robbie is fucking terrific as Harley, and I want to see her in her own movie. As for the movie itself, I thought it was fun. It's a two hour version of the trailers, if that sounds good to you go watch it
>>
File: 1456872569097.jpg (187KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456872569097.jpg
187KB, 640x960px
>>85169559
>Hell, I'd say that this movie was on the same level as Civil War.

plebby pls
>>
>>85169559
These reviewers just straight up don't like DC for some reason.
>>
>>85169605
Yeah, it's always a conspiracy, isn't it.
>>
>>85169559
I think like a 5/10 is reasonable. It definitely isn't on the same level as Civil War.
>>
>>85149046
Oh man. A nipple. On the internet.
>>
>>85169628

It was just as good and really doesn't deserve the panning it's getting.
>>
>>85169559
5/10 at best, anon.
>>
>>85147723
I didn't get spoiled for this at all. I was not ready, blew me away
>>
>>85169602

Liking either of the movies would make both of us plebs, m8. Climb down off that high horse.
>>
>>85169559
The stairwell fight between Cap and Bucky and the cops is better than any scene in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>85169650
>It was just as good
It was not.
>>
>>85169627

You don't need a tinfoil hat to see some bizarre shit in these reviews. These same people praised Ghostbusters, which was actual garbage that no one liked.
>>
>>85169650
No, man, it really deserves all the shit it is getting.
The reaction to BvS was really exaggerated, but for this movie it's spot on.
>>
>>85169664

The plot made sense and the acting was fine. There were some funny moments, and the movie was entertaining overall. Regardless of that, your 5 is still better than the universal 2/3s we've been reading from critics. Doesn't make sense.

>>85169703

Yes, it was.
>>
>>85168644

I actually really enjoyed Rick Flagg.
>>
>>85169704
Well, at least you can see something in the last fight scene of ghostbusters.

>>85169737
There's no plot and the acting was really hit and miss. Some actors were good, others are shit or underused by the script.
>>
>>85169719
You really think it deserves a 3/10? Bearing in mind Halle Berry's Catwoman has 3.3/10 on IMDb.
>>
>>85169737
>Yes, it was.
kek
>>
>>85169704
You cannot really hammer into Ghostbusters without losing face in the real world. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

They did the best they could to give it 6/10 so they could hint it was hot trash.
>>
File: 1343082655976.jpg (15KB, 238x279px) Image search: [Google]
1343082655976.jpg
15KB, 238x279px
>>85169777
3/10 reviewers gave it a 50 or above you fucking idiot.

The "lel worse than Jonah Hex" reviews are just clickbait, but the movie is awful.
>>
>>85169777
Yes, for me Catwoman and SS are in the same level of bullshit.
>>
>>85169816
No, I meant I've legitimately seen reviewers give it a score of 3/10, and 2/5 stars. I understand how Rotten Tomatoes works.
>>
>>85169848
It's called clickbait. Reviewers do it to feed their families through ad revenue.
>>
File: image.gif (339KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
339KB, 250x167px
>>85169774

>there's no plot

The government decides to make a disposable task force made out of bad guys because of hubris, and one of the bad guys takes advantage. The rest of the bad guys are dispatched to deal with an implication of that, and are roped into the grander scheme of things. They then have to deal with that and fight their way out. How, at the most basic, is that not a plot?

>>85169778

You've offered nothing in every one of your rebuttals, dude. Care to bring anything else to the table?
>>
>>85169559
I'm sure from a subjective standpoint, it probably doesn't deserve the """hate""" it's getting. I'm not a movie critic so I couldn't tell you why it could be objectivel bad, but the reviewers knew what made it bad.
>>
Too many origin stories to deal with, I think that pulled the movie down. I still liked it. I give it 7/10. I just want a sequel just for a Suicide Squad movie where we don't have a dozen origin stories to deal with.
>>
File: 1470205033861.jpg (171KB, 727x477px) Image search: [Google]
1470205033861.jpg
171KB, 727x477px
I liked it, it was a fun time. But god the first half is just a mess when it comes to the editing. Everything feels clunky, rushed, and inconsistent style-wise with the second half in Midway City, which is where shit actually gets pretty good. Like someone took a buzzsaw to it to try and make it more goofy and appealing. It really just seems like Warner Bros. is the biggest enemy of their own damn movies.
>>85147723
I didn't know about it, it got a smile from me.
>>
>>85169881
Yeah, there's this plot, but the storytelling of the movie is so bad that look likes there's no plot.
>>
>>85169881
If you honestly think this movie and Civil War are on a par, there is nothing to offer. You're the one who made the claim, I'm not obligated to argue it out with you. I've seen both, the latter is obviously a better film by any metric.
>>
>>85169865
>Review score is typically at the end of the article
>Bad reviews scores are clickbait
?
>>
>>85168872

Waller.
>>
>>85169552
Wayne helps Waller bury the fact her own weapon turned against he in return for classified Argus files. Keep in mind, only Skawd and Waller know the truth, Waller killed the support staff that knew the truth in Midway City when she was going to get evacuated and the rest of the world only knew about Enchantress' brother through shoddy video footage of a monster.
>>
Haven't see, who was Clint Eastwood Lite's character?
>>
>>85169954

What does that even mean? Quantify what storytelling is and how it doesn't achieve that.

>>85169969

You are obligated because you made a contrary claim. You offered nothing. Either actually discuss this shit or stop shitposting.
>>
>>85169941
>Like someone took a buzzsaw to it to try and make it more goofy and appealing

Thats cuz they did.
>>
>>85170003
A no-name background character. Seriously.
>>
>>85170003
Basically a nobody. Hinted to die at the end.
>>
>>85167046

Slipknot dies as a reference to the comics. Boomer sends him off to test the bombs in Ostrander's run. Though he only loses an arm there, him dying isn't really so bad.
>>
>>85170028
I know they did, I was just saying it's really fucking noticeable. I really hope this gets an unedited bluray release like BvS because I actually want to see Ayer's original vision for the damn thing.
>>
>>85169926
>Too many origin stories to deal with
That is not a problem if they don't wasted time making music videos instead of scenes where interaction between the squad members happens.

>>85170003
Literally NOBODY.

>>85170009
See the beginning of my post. They choose to waste time with "cool scenes" and pop music instead of character and plot development. I could call this film a musical, but the music numbers are a tool for storytelling in a musical.
>>
>>85168872
>/tf2g/
>>
>>85170172

Those "cool scenes" WERE the initial development, dude. What exactly is wrong with music being part of it?
>>
>>85148870
>Liking Leto Joker
I didn't even dislike the movie but he was shit, anon.
He came off like the kind of stupid crime boss asshole jobber that the Joker usually plows through.
They just gave Penguin/Falcone's job to Joker, which was a fucking dumb move.

Joker shouldn't own a happening night club.
>>
File: 1460735997857.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460735997857.gif
2MB, 200x200px
I just got back. As someone who loved BvS in nearly every way, this was just disappointing. It felt like an imitation of a typical Marvel film.

I don't even know where to begin. I guess maybe the positives. I liked the portrayal of all the characters, even Joker. I thought Leto did a great job, in like the 2 minutes of scenes he was in. Seriously, where the fuck was he the whole time? And it's obvious that there are several scenes of him that were cut out entirely. I have a clip on my computer recorded on set of him slapping Harley, and then there's the grenade throw in the trailer, "I just want to show you my toys" etc. It feels like he was butchered from the film for whatever reason. And it looked like they were going to go with the abuser angle but dropped that somewhere. Where did that go? And way too much of Deadshot's daughter, what was up with that, because Will Smith was in the movie we had to be reminded every second?

It felt half-baked, and I think the reshoots are to blame. I don't know exactly what happened, but it looks like they had a final product, then BvS went down and they rashly decided to butcher what they could with the movie in an attempt to save it, when it was probably fine as it was. And I think that's why it ended up like it did.

I hate to say it, DC screwed up. They should have introduced some of these characters in other films, then had Suicide Squad so they would feel familiar. Like, maybe this should have been a Batman movie with Joker and Harley, end it with Harley getting captured like in this. Then have Boomerang in the Flash movie in a small role in the beginning getting caught. Maybe Deadshot should have been the assassin Luthor hired in BvS. But this, it felt like they rushed them in to establish them.

At least Waller and Boomerang were great too, but I wish the latter had a bigger role, and the unicorn actually did something stupid one time rather than just being there.

I wanted to like this, but damn.
>>
>>85159374
>Leto was the worst onscreen Joker ever
Ftfy
>>
This movie sucked. It had its good parts, but it was just so underwhelming. They need to get whoever is writing the marvel movies to take over DC, because they had an amazing concept with Suicide Squad and butchered the hell out of it.
>>
File: 1466126611326.gif (1MB, 445x315px) Image search: [Google]
1466126611326.gif
1MB, 445x315px
Why was the first half of this movie so much worse then the second half!?!
>>
By far my biggest problem was how low the stakes were. The Suicide Squad did not have any real dynamic with Amanda Waller or the people that worked for her. Despite being able to die with a push of the button, they constantly disrespected the army without any consequences.
They made such a big show at the beginning listing the rules of things that were and were not acceptable, that even just vexing him would get someone killed, yet that never happens.
A single person is killed via one of the nanite bombs in their neck and that was the one character without ANY introduction whatsoever.
The audience didn't care about his death nor did the characters in the film.
Watching Suicide Squad outmaneuver the government is one of the best parts usually. This lacked that completely.
>>
>>85166234
Fuck you that's brilliant and should have been in the movie.
>>
>>85170750
it would've been cut out
>>
>>85170813
Yeah really, what wasn't cut out of this movie?
>>
>"I lock myself in a hotel room for ages to understand my character"Joker

Versus

>"i shit in my directors coffee every morning to get in the mood" joker
>>
File: 1384487812070.png (177KB, 443x408px) Image search: [Google]
1384487812070.png
177KB, 443x408px
>>85165437
Really sad. The rest of the team became a family. Diablo died to save the world. But Slipknot? He just died pointlessly and his corpse is hanging where they left it. That's all he gets.
>>
The movie was alright. I only really saw the first trailer and one of my friends told me about the reviews, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I did like Waller, Captain Boomerang, and Harley. Will Smith was Will Smith, which was fine. I feel like they should have used Diablo, Captain Boomerang, and Croc more. I wasn't a fan of the Ace chemicals scene I do hope we get to see more Katana.

Overall, it was okay popcorn movie.
>>
>>85147189
This, just saw it with my Dad who sucks the DCEU's dick, he didn't even like it, but he also love BvS and MoS, so take that what you will.
>>
>>85171012
No comparison. Hotel Room Joker was the perfect Joker for Nolan's Batman, Coffee Shit Joker is the perfect Joker to serve the true purpose of the Suicide Squad movie: to introduce movie audiences to Harley Quinn
>>
>>85171059
what did you think of the Joker?
>>
>>85171100
That makes sense; BvS and Man of Steel are the old, more hardboiled blockbuster style DC movies; Suicide Squad is going a lighthearted, more MCU style direction.
>>
>>85171112
Hit or miss. I wasn't a fan of the moments he used that hand tattoo.I did like the chase scene and when he was hijacking shit. He kind of reminded me of a Saints Row character now thinking about it.
>>
>>85170636
Because they butchered and recut the first half to make it more appealing to audiences creating a massive inconsistency in style.
>>
>>85171200
>Saints Row
Oh god that's exactly what he is. Fuck.
>>
>>85171192
>BvS and Man of Steel are the old, more hardboiled blockbuster style DC movies
Truly underappreciated kino.
>>
>>85147161
Just got back. I was uncertain about it, but I think it was decent enough. Will Smith was pretty great, even if he was just being Will Smith, as usual, the writing made it work for the character. Harley was a bit annoying, some of her jokes were cringe-worthy, but overall, not bad. I liked seeing the glimpses of her remaining sanity. Batfleck scenes were fun. Boomer was great for the little bit he was in there. Croc was fine, Diablo was good, they did a decent job of making him sympathetic. I think the movie explained the characters enough that the film stands on its own, for the most part. The "we're a family" thing was a little forced, but honestly it was just about as forced as the same schtick in GotG, and only because these guys are villains, really. Not sure what people's complaints of "muh tone" are supposed to mean, the tone worked fine for the movie.

I have to wonder what people are smoking, though. If Thor 2 is a 66%, then Suicide Squad is just fine.
>>
>>85171258
I think it was when he and his gang were shooting up that one place and they were wearing those costumes that made me think of it.
>>
This was so forgettable and inconsequential. Looks like Snyder is the only one i can look up to.
>>
>>85171309
>If Thor 2 is a 66%, then Suicide Squad is just fine.
Thank you for reminding me how much I fucking hate the Thor movies, anon.
>>
>>85170575
Except for
>loved BvS in nearly every way
this matches my brainwaves exactly.
>>
>>85171046
I was just thinking how much better it would be if they acted like Slippy was gonna be an important character just to kill him in the second act.
>Slipknot and Deadshot grudgingly respecting each others abilities.
>showing scenes of him being a badass
>make it like his death scene is one big final stand
Than--POP goes the Slipknot
>>
File: 1430507911498.jpg (339KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1430507911498.jpg
339KB, 560x560px
>>85168630
you MADMAN!!! MOMS GONNA FREAK!!!
>>
>>85167271
Fix it then. Pussy.
>>
>>85169559
Here is the thing:

Now in days there is no middle ground. You ALWAYS have to be one side or the other. Everything has to have this "You are either with us or against us" mentality.

You are not allowed to like both things. The vocal set of dipwads on either side try to force you into joining them.

No one are supposed to like things for their merits anymore. If someone tells you "X" is bad you have to agree or be called a Xist or Xophobe. Hell you can't even like certain things about something without being turned into a pariah.

In this case Marvel is currently very popular. So anything DC needs to be stamped out, ridiculed and ostracized.
Should it be? I don't know. I havn't seen it. But the seething blind hate for things because it isn't something else gets pretty annoying.

And before anyone says it, no things should to get criticize for doing things poorly. But someone liking something, or an aspect of something doesn't make them a damn villain.
>>
>>85171309
Me too, just cameback.

The edition was a mess, and several things were too vainilla, but in general it was a decent movie, the critics were really unfair.

Dirty cara was hot as fuck and diablo was best boy, Boomerang really needed more time to be a cunt.
>>
>>85171735
>no things should to get criticize for doing things poorly.
Mean to say "things should to get criticize for doing poorly"

Guess I had a stroke or something.
>>
File: 1459520841642.png (127KB, 188x324px) Image search: [Google]
1459520841642.png
127KB, 188x324px
>>85168630
I'm going to buy a ticket to GHOSTBUSTERS and see this instead.

Get the fuck on my level, faggot.
>>
>>85171799
>The editing was a mess
I guess I'm just a pleb, because I never know what people mean by this. They said it for MoS and BvS, and I just don't understand. I didn't really find anything confusing or jarring at all. Things moved a little quickly at times because they were introducing so many characters, but I think it worked.

That said, I really would have liked to see the movie before all the reshoots and BvS backlash. I hate when shit like that fucks with the creative process. I can't say for sure that whatever we got instead could have been better or worse, but it would have been more genuine, and I appreciate that, in a way.
>>
>>85171799
Critics aren't looking at it as fanboys of D-list comic book characters though.
>>
>Not me, I'm beautiful
>I want BET
Why was Croc so shit /b/ros? They turned him into some sassy black stereotype. Did he even serve any purpose in the movie? I just remember him swimming underground, but then it was Scott Eastwood that set the bomb off anyway.
>>
>>85147161
1st third to half was good stuff. Then it just kind of meandered around with off screen character development, team building, and some of the worst action sequences I've seen.

The action wasn't bad I guess, so saying worst is dishonest, but it was so boring.
>>
>>85171933
They cut Croc's backstory of him trying to make it big in Gotham before being chased out. Of him thinking there's a real beauty to himself and being super confident.
>>
>>85170575
>I wish the latter had a bigger role, and the unicorn actually did something stupid one time rather than just being there.
I was full on expecting it to be his Enchantress-fuelled fantasy. Like, Diablo is dreaming of his old lady, Harley's dreaming of Stepford Wives with Joker, Captain Boomerang's riding a giant pink plush unicorn through a flowery meadow or some shit
>>
The only good thing about the film was Harley. She seemed to be the only person who've worked on her character.
>>
>>85171919
I have to say I almost think the movie would work better if you didn't know jack shit about the characters, because then you'd have no expectations. It might be a little weird, but I think it would work.
>>
>>85171919
But that's the point, this mess of a movie is better than most marvel movies. But disney gets a pass.
>>
>>85172282
I was legitimately disappointed we didn't get that.
>>
Did anything end up happening to Griggs? Last I can recall is Harley telling him he's in trouble now or something and he starts to panic.
>>
What do you all think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jared-leto-suicide-squad-awful_us_57a345d8e4b04414d1f3a908

>Somewhere along the way, Hollywood decided that villainy is synonymous with camp. Evil, in its most uninspired cinematic forms, is coated in showy extravagance. While a little outsize depravity can be fun, this weekend’s “Suicide Squad” proves we have hit a plateau where bigger is almost certainly not better.

Of course, I am referring primarily to Jared Leto, he of the insufferable rat-gifting, always-in-character method acting that led to an obnoxiously calculated take on the psychopathic Joker. Leto is proud of his performance ― the self-inflation radiates off of him every time he’s onscreen, which is far less frequent than one would assume, given how extensively he has teased this role for the better part of the past year. (Good move, Warner Bros.) Leto said he prepped for the project by watching footage of violent crimes on YouTube, but his works seems more like a the result of a checklist than a study in delinquency. His mantra must have been, “Wide eyes, empty hearts, can’t lose.” That slow, maniacal laugh? “All the best villains have one,” he probably said, practicing over and over in the mirror. And when it’s time to speak, oh, a guttural garble will do. “Here I am, boys, call me Mr. J!” (No, really. He made people on the set call him Mr. J.)

Leto cranks up everything he does in “Suicide Squad” to an 11. Surely, to some degree, despite the praise he’s doled out in interviews, Leto thinks he is one-upping Heath Ledger’s full-bodied “Dark Knight” performance and Jack Nicholson’s batty “Batman” turn. But he lacks their brooding complexity. The Joker of “The Dark Knight” was a terrorist with a cause, whereas the Joker of “Suicide Squad” is merely a joke. And an uninteresting one, at that.
>>
>>85172282
I was thinking the same thing. Or at least it would have been somewhat funny if that was the thing that prevented him from being stabbed, instead of the wad of cash. Then maybe have him grieve his plush for a second. Or have had him make his request be some stupid unicorn shit, especially since I felt it was a little out of place that everyone seemed somewhat content in their cells except for him. But my point is, if you're going to bring up he has a pink unicorn fetish, at least fucking do something with it.

It was like they saw the fad of people liking stuff like My Little Pony, and thought it'd be funny if they did something like that with one of them. Which would have been fine, except it's like they completely abandoned it halfway, so it's just left with "Yeah, he has a plush unicorn, I guess."
>>
>>85172531
>Huffington Post

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>85172531
The movie is an overall garbage, his performance do not stand out at all.
>>
File: Ross.jpg (39KB, 564x779px) Image search: [Google]
Ross.jpg
39KB, 564x779px
>>85147183
You know that shot was a homage to this Ross cover right?
>>
>>85172531
>Hating on camp in a comic book movie
>Hating on campy Joker
Ledger ruined thus character for the normies
>>
>>85170575

Why do characters need to be introduced in other movies?

This is the fucking blight Marvel left on the industry.

Movies should be able to set up their own characters well. They should be able to sit down and craft a Justice League movie with seven main characters and NEVER have to hear "But they should have solo movies first!" It's how movies have been made for fucking years.

They don't need it. An ensemble film needs to be able to introduce and use it's characters in an effective way but it does not need 6+ films to do it first.

You could create a Justice League movie with the league already formed and created and it wouldn't be a problem so long as the movie is good.

I am so sick of this cinematic universe bullshit. A movies prime reason to exist is to be entertaining in its own right. They shouldn't feel like trailers for the next movie.

Like none of the original Star Wars movies, hell even the shit show that was I-III, feel like they exist just to lead to the next movie. TFA? I didn't outright hate it but it felt like it existed to build up episode VIII and Episode VIII. Even that trash Ghostbusters more or less exists to build up to the Zuul movie. Over half the Marvel movies feel like 2 hour trailers.

This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>85172531

>BvS is released
>IT'S TOO SERIOUS! NEEDS MORE CAMP!
>Skwad is released
>Too campy.
>>
>>85172857
BvS was at least passable. SS is a disaster.
>>
My friend (a casual who only just started reading comics and is a huge Harley fan) fucking hated it, though he said she was the only occasionally decent part about it. I all around disliked it, really.
>>
>>85172828
How is that bad exactly? There's nothing wrong with building a character up on his/her own rather than having to share an origin story with a million different characters in 2 1/2 hours.
>>
>>85171933
his name it literally waylon jones, what did you expect
>>
>>85147161
I really liked the movie. Needed more scenes of the characters doing things though. Middle felt rushed and villain was a bit generic. Overall I give it a cholo/10
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>85172422
>>
>>85172531
Wow...feminists really, really hate Jared Leto, i see it all the fucking time on tumblr, its hilarious thou because he looks 100% like the kind of dude they love irl.
>>
>>85172982
I think his point is that there's also nothing wrong with introducing characters in an ensemble film, in that ensemble film. That this insistence they all need to have their movie is a very recent thing and not at all the necessity people make it out to be, nor is the lack of build-up films and prequels an actual valid criticism against the film.
>>
>>85166171
lol you dummy those werent plotholes you just didnt pay attention.
>>
>>85147161
I was liking the first 2/3s of the movie. I still dont like Jared Leto as the Jokster. What few scenes there are, the movie tries way too hard to make him look crazy (dumb hazy filters and jump cuts). Even those the cast isn't exactly huge, there was little the movie did to make me care about any of them; maybe it would have been better if there was more focus on Deadshot, Harley, Waller, and Flag?

But the last third was just awful. It was some mundane zombie shit; There wasnt a single noteworthy action scene. The Enchantress was a boring villian. She delivered some dumb lines as while doing weird ass(but funny) popping and locking moves. And her brother was Gods Of Egypt tier bad CGI.

The last 30mins or so was bad enough to ruin the entire movie for me. In the end, I wasnt sold on why this squad was even needed, why they would send them to fight literal gods, and didnt even give me any fun action.
>>
>>85172828
>Why do characters need to be introduced in other movies?
Because when you don't, this shit happens, and you try to focus on 4-5 different characters and their personal backstory problems and it ends up a fucking mess. Can you imagine how much simpler it would have been if we got all the Harley Quinn intro stuff out of the way with a Batman movie, and if Joker wasn't in anything but flashbacks to show relationship abuse in this film? Wouldn't that have made things so much easier?

>This is the fucking blight Marvel left on the industry.
Look, I'm no Marvel fan, but at least they don't cram up Avengers with everyone's backstory. I don't think everyone needs a movie. Though I wish Flash would have a solo movie before Justice League, I'm okay with him being introduced in JL in a film, proper.

>They shouldn't feel like trailers for the next movie.
I completely agree with this, however I disagree in it being applied for this case. Marvel does just make 2 hour movie trailers, that's how I feel. But if you're going to have a cinematic universe, you should at least take some time introduce major characters so you don't have the equivalent of a comic introdump. Which is exactly what happened here.

For example, Batman being introduced in BvS was fine. But imagine if they also crammed Superman's introduction in that too. And Lois Lane. That's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>85172496
yeah thats shit you can tell was cut, shame really
>>
>>85172982

He's talking about this current mentality where people keep insisting that you CANNOT make Suicide Squad, Justice League, etc. without having solo movies first. It's been going on for years now. You can do both, there is no one right way to do it, yet people keep saying making SS is rushing it because they didn't introduce the villains elsewhere.
>>
>>85172982

There's not but it's not necessary.

Did Kurasawa need seven movies before doing Seven Samurai?

Ensemble films have always existed.

And you don't even need fucking origin stories.

Does Aquaman's origin actually matter? Do you need to tell his origin story when you could just have a movie about him being Aquaman?

If the movie stands on its own and establishes who its characters are then it does its job. a two hour origin film is just a cheap and easy way to write. There are other ways to establish characters.
>>
Console wars and bullshit aside, lately i been feeling that more than anything critics are like flexing their muscles to see if they can kill or make a blockbuster movie no matter the quality of the actual work, it doesn't even actually feels like they are doing it for a political agenda, they are doing it to become a more crucial part of the industry.
But, thats just my take.
>>
>>85166234
This post is better than the whole movie
>>
>>85173105
>ut if you're going to have a cinematic universe, you should at least take some time introduce major characters so you don't have the equivalent of a comic introdump. Which is exactly what happened here.

The way they introduced the cast in Suicide Squad was entire fine. The only issue was that they apparently cut character development down a ton to shorten the movie and tone down the dark aspects of the movie due to test audiences complaints.
>>
>>85173184
Even if so, this movie is not the case. Warcraft was maybe. But this is complete garbage.
>>
>>85173220
>apparently cut character development down a ton
how?
>>
>>85173249
Stop lying.
>>
>>85173249
It just looks like a kinda fun mindless and mediocre action movie, nothing that deserves this almost absolute hate its getting.

I mean it can't be worse than Ghostbusters...
>>
>>85173291

See for yourself >>85155469

Scenes that fleshed the characters out were cut.
>>
>>85166318
She illegally changed her name
>>
>>85173220
I disagree, I felt like showing off Harley Quinn, and El Diablo and Flagg and focusing too much on "muh daughter" just because Will Smith was in it, it really took up much more time than it should have.

In a perfect would, I feel a Batman movie should have came out, with Joker and Harley as the villains. Show off their relationship so you don't need to do whatever the fuck happened in this movie with Joker. Then, in this movie, as Harley is finally away from the Joker, show her realizing how fucking terrible he treated her. What they did was feel like they tried to mesh those two parts together, then cut out the abuse. Just do something to make it feel less crammed.
>>
>>85167252
>thinking the pencil trick was funny

edgy
>>
>>85173249
I've seen both, and Warcraft was way way worse
>>
>>85147161
I saw it tonight & left pleasantly surprised. A few standouts for me were Smith's Deadshot, the Joker/Harley dynamic, based Batfleck, Captain Boomerang, & dat amazing Flash cameo. Also, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this Joker. He was pretty menacing. All & all, I enjoyed it. My only gripes are that it was a little cheesy sometimes, not everyone had time time to be fully fleshed out, the aesthetic & soundtrack were a little over the top sometimes, & I found myself wishing they used Joker more than Enchantress.
>>
>>85173105
>Because when you don't, this shit happens, and you try to focus on 4-5 different characters and their personal backstory problems and it ends up a fucking mess. Can you imagine how much simpler it would have been if we got all the Harley Quinn intro stuff out of the way with a Batman movie, and if Joker wasn't in anything but flashbacks to show relationship abuse in this film? Wouldn't that have made things so much easier?

So you just do the movie without that. Harley's origin isn't important. Assualt on Arkham is a perfect example of that. The problem is suits want these stories crafted around the origin as if it's the most important piece to the puzzle.

Harley's origin wasn't told until two years after her debut. Did it really hinder her popularity?

>I completely agree with this, however I disagree in it being applied for this case. Marvel does just make 2 hour movie trailers, that's how I feel. But if you're going to have a cinematic universe, you should at least take some time introduce major characters so you don't have the equivalent of a comic introdump. Which is exactly what happened here.

Iron Man 2 is largely build up for the Avengers, Captain America 1 tanks its second half because of the Avengers, Thor 2 is literally "set up that one infinity stone+my sequel: the movie" Age of Ultron served no purpose except padding time out until Infinity War and building up to it. The only two that made their own impacts were Winter Soldier, and Civil War.

Hell Thor 1 litterally only exists to introduce Thor with no real purpose in its story and it's essentially all ignored in Avengers itself. Which could have easily introduced him. And despite all of that Hawkeye is written out of the movie because they didn't know what to do with him.

Guardians and Ant-Man mostly did their own thing but Guardians existed to set up Thanos, and Ant-Man took time out for the pointless as fuck Falcon scene.
>>
>>85173375
>What they did was feel like they tried to mesh those two parts together, then cut out the abuse. Just do something to make it feel less crammed.

They initially wanted a Deadshot/Harley/Joker love triangle but then cut it out and just did Joker/Harley OTP instead. It worked great, their dynamic was well done.
>>
>>85165140

>We want the Ant-Man audience
>>
Wasn't Scott Eastwood supposed to be in this movie?
>>
I'll say it right now, The Flash cameo was fucking dumb. Which I know WORLDBUILDING and all that shit but think about this, if we maybe had seen this Flash's character in another movie or previously established him, then I would give a shit. But as it stands now, its merely a fucking ad for JL/Flash solo thrown in there.
>>
>>85173457
>So you just do the movie without that. Harley's origin isn't important.
That would have been perfectly fine too, but that was never going to happen in today's day of age.

Like I already said, I agree with what you said about Marvel, in fact I had the same thoughts about everything you brought up right there. What I feel is different is things like introducing characters, not the setting. To use Marvel as an example though, on good instance I can think of is Bucky in the first one. That was fine, and obviously isn't just "Oh he's just a teaser for Winter Soldier." He felt like a character, not just a dump of their information.

>>85173463
So Deadshot got pushed into the friend zone, and from what we got in the movie, Joker is a cuck? Some film.
>>
>>85173557
lowqualitybait.tiff
>>
File: lets get down to business.png (195KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
lets get down to business.png
195KB, 350x291px
I liked it, Id say it was a 6-7 out of 10. I even liked Leto's Joker certainly more than Ledger's Joker. There are only two real bad points I can think of about this movie. The first would be how much it bounced between all the characters, I know all of them barring Diablo and Enchantress and am familiar with them but it still felt like most of them weren't established and utilized enough, though I truly liked everyone in this movie.

The other problem is Flag and Moon's relationship, which is again, not established very much. You get a quick scene of Waller mentioning that they fell in love all according to her plan so she could have Flag under her thumb, but all we really see of them together is a couple scenes of them in a bedroom. This in particular is a problem since their relationship is an entire pillar of the movie.

If an extended directors cut can build some of this stuff up some more then I really think it could be great.
>>
File: 1461128781318.jpg (3KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1461128781318.jpg
3KB, 245x245px
>>85167493
Quit texting in a theater during a movie you fat ugly faggot.
>>
>>85173634
No, the love triangle was cut entirely. Now it's just Joker trying to rescue Harley and they're madly in love with each other the entire movie. It's wonderful.
>>
>>85173644
>My opinion on a forced as fuck Flash cameo is bait
Yeah whatever anon, keep sucking WBs dick.
>>
>>85173180
The best part of SS was actually the characters being introduced, it would have been much better if they cut some of the shitty action in the third act and let way for more character development.

The cameos here were fucking nice too, we know that fucker is the Flash and not some mexican wearing an armor.
>>
If you support Joker actually loving Harley then your opinion is discarded
>>
>>85173735

We've had twenty years of Joker treating Harley as a disposable toy. Nothing wrong with doing something different with the relationship, especially when it works so well.
>>
It was great. Loved MoS, liked BvS, and had a lot of fun with SS. I don't get where people are saying the DCEU is doomed when it started off with three fantastic movies. I certainly enjoyed more than any Marvel schlock they put out.
>>
I didn't watch it, but I love it, because fuck marvel
>>
>>85167767
>you should have to do something other than watch a movie or movies to enjoy a movie
fucking
retarded
>>
>>85173766
You can take your Bonnie and Clyde shit and shove it up your ass shipfag.
>>
>>85173669
I've seen the movie, I just didn't know that it was actually intended to make a love triangle. I mean, I know they had a friendship, but honestly with everything else butchered I didn't notice they actually tried to ship them.
>>
File: 1465497396659.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465497396659.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>85173794
>I didn't watch it, but I love it, because fuck marvel
>>
I didn't watch it, but I hated it. Fuck DC, long live Marvel!
>>
>>85173794
I know you're not being serious, but if you slide to Reddit there's people that think like this, despite this mindset being harmful to capefilms in general. Just like saying "I LOVE MARVEL JUST BECUASE I LOVE MARVEL"
>>
>>85169559
I felt the same after X-Men Apocalypse
>>
>>85173845

It's certainly one of those things that was a good call to edit out entirely. Deadshot carrying Harley down from the top of the car after the chopper crash with Joker when she returns to the team was probably the only thing you could see clearly being part of it.
>>
File: 1470375741441.png (54KB, 505x445px) Image search: [Google]
1470375741441.png
54KB, 505x445px
I FUCKING GUESS BECAUSE A CERTAIN FUCKING /co/ MOD CANT DEAL WITH /co/ TOPICS BEING IN THEIR OWN FUCKING THREAD, HERE YOU FUCKING GO, ARE YOU FUCKING PLEASE? DOES THIS FUCKING PLEASE YOU? ITS IN A THREAD NOW, NOT ON ITS OWN, YOU DUMB FUCK.
>>
>>85173924
Everything that is not Marvel WILL FALL
And on the ashes of the capekino, we'll build a Mickey Mouse
>>
>john ostrander's suicide squad reaction thread has been deleted 3 times now.
bravo /co/ mods, you sure did show us a lesson by preventing us from looking at a /co/ writer talking about a /co/ movie based on his comic, /co/, run.
thanks so much for that
>>
>>85174033
Chill the fuck out man, Im assuming its because we dont need 5 SS threads up. Are you happy now that someone can validate your opinion on a fucking cape movie now?
>>
>>85166941
He had one gag I really enjoyed. the gift basket
>>
>>85167059
I had to google it, because I couldn't believe it.
RT literally lost any credibility it had

The question is, does it mean that marvel flicks are Ghostbusters-tier bad?
>>
>>85174060
>>85174063
>dc fans being this butthurt
fucking ace job mod lmao
>>
>>85174086
not as based as banning that evanposters who started a thread with "Marvel wins, DC rekt"
>>
>>85174077
Yep

Everything that is rated highly is about as bad as Ghostbusters
>>
>>85174063
>>85174086

i didnt even see the movie yet, im just pissed that some faggot mod is being a faggot about /co/ topics and leaving up stupid cuckshit for hours at a time.

Its the principal of it, this isnt /tv/ or /v/.
>>
>>85174114
We should add, everything from 2016 and onward
>>
>>85174086
How the fuck am I a butthurt DC fan if Im calling him out on his fucking autism? OSTRANDER LIKED IT GUYS! YOU CAN LIKE SUICIDE SQUAD! Fucking christ
>>
File: tumblr_obeup0AZQN1qepp0ro1_540.jpg (76KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obeup0AZQN1qepp0ro1_540.jpg
76KB, 540x537px
>>85147161
just came back from it and loved it a lot, I do not understand how it failed

the cut shit WAS OBVIOUS, and I put the blame on WB meddling because Ayer is an okay director

but still it was loads better then BvS, had some nice af Visuals and references

major complaint was Slipknot dying in like 4 seconds and where can i pirate that Diablo, Shot, and Harley getting origin/drama spotilight

overall I really think this is an 7-8/10 probably a nice 8 if the shit wasn't cut and messed with
>>
File: tumblr_oaem1mndOR1sem014o1_1280.png (1MB, 1163x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaem1mndOR1sem014o1_1280.png
1MB, 1163x1500px
>>85172282
>>
>>85174033
>>85174060
>>85174063
>>85174086
>>85174118

deleted 4 times now.

>>85174156
the threads were generating discussion on /co/ creators and their credit, as well as what /co/ creators think of, adaptations. It was actually interesting.
>>
>>85173800
This sentiment might fly in /tv/ but definitely don't post it about adaptations on other board
>>
>>85174063
>Im assuming its because we dont need 5 SS threads up
Then delete the ones full of shitposting started by burgers that haven't even seen the movie.
>>
>>85174189
Never mind that. The fact the mcu can have a shitload of threads every time a movie debuts is concerning
>>
>>85174229
>Its okay when Marvel does it
They get deleted too.
>>
>>85174254
They don't.

Just wait when Dr Strange is released. I will have to leave /co/ for a fucking week.
>>
>>85174229
>/co/ trying to convince me Disney doesn't pay off critics
>when they even pay off 4chan mods
>>
>>85174229
>The fact the mcu can have a shitload of threads every time a movie debuts is concerning
Let me guess? Mods are "Mouseketeer shills" too?
>>
>>85174273
>I literally can't see anything Marvel related or else I will leave the site
this is how you sound
>>
I'm of the camp that thinks anyone who genuinely liked this film has an IQ under 90.

>script was written by walking into Hot Topic and writing down the slogans they see (if you laughed at any point you're legally retarded)
>Jared Leto is possibly the worst actor in the history of super hero films and his joker was almost as terrible as Tom Cruise in interview with a vampire. I bet they cut his scenes because they were unusable.
>Margot Robbie looks like a meth head and is annoying as shit. Not Harlee annoying, just annoying in the sense of that one girl you knew in Uni who fucked a lot of dudes for drugs and told you not to shame her for it.
>No one gives a fuck about softy deadshot and his kid. Will Smith especially doesn't give a fuck and it shows. Seriously why did they make Deadshot a good guy? It destroys who he is as a character. They turned him into the biggest pussy.
>It is shot so poorly and shakey.. Who was behind the camera? Michael J Fox? Did they sign on Chris Chan as a director?
>The enchantress was lame. Such a waste of a character. And they used her maybe 4 times which is completely stupid if we're supposed to somehow fear her power.
>They don't use any of their super villains as actual SUPER villains. Half the movie is them walking around trying to find missing meth head Harlee and the dirty witch.

If you liked this film I automatically know you have mental retardation. This was possibly one of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>85174229
>>85174273
Christ, it's fucktards like you that make us DC fans look bad.
>>
The board was filled with threads when BvS and Civil War were released.
>>
>>85174287
Well, it should be obvious by now.
There are storytimes for infinite marvel comics
INFINITE
>>
If they got literally anyone else for Deadshot except Will Smith, this movie would have gone up like 10 or 20% easy.

He ALWAYS plays a fucking good guy or at least an anti-hero with a golden heart. It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>85174318
Fuck off, you phony
Anyone with a brain sees a disproportion
All you need to do is browse the catalog
>>
>>85174180
>I do not understand how it failed

It hasn't failed, critics are just butthurt cause it's violent and sexy.
>>
>>85174341
Do you honestly think /co/ is biased towards marvel?

There is a marvel hate thread like every day
>>
>>85174180
Wow that costume did not translate well
>>
>>85174318
It's the truth, mouseketeer.
>>
>>85174358
Not /co/ anons, but there are shills on /co/
>>
>>85174156
Original OP who started this. I haven't even seen Suicide Squad yet in all seriousness probably won't. I just thought this worth bringing up to all of /co/ instead of the two dozen or so anons looking at the bottom of a 400+ thread.
>>
>>85174341
>I know it's all a conspiracy man, the Disney shills are real!
No, you fuck off you insecure fag.
>>
Wow, I dont want to say DC fans are fucking defensive but jesus. I swear EVERY time WB cranks something out, theres an onslaught of "why DC is good" and "Marvel conspiracy" shit.
>>
>>85174294
Oh yeah, that's what he sounds like....riiight...
>>
seemed that quite a few scenes from the trailers were cut but I enjoyed it, sure it didn't turn out as well as I would have like it to, but I don't think it deserves to bomb.
>>
>>85166532
Killing bad people isn't bad, libcuck.
>>
Is anyone else just stunned that this obviously unfinished mashup of several trailers got released as a finished product of a movie....? i'm still struggling to believe that someone approved this mess for general release

>>85174334
what are you talkin about he played a complete asshole who only had love for his child as a redeeming factor... and even then he is seen at the end teaching her how to kill people and about guns and shit so he's not even a particularly good dad...
>>
>>85174393
Nice try, first you derail the argument, now you use the cringe "no, you" reply. Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>85174399
Civil War was garbage. Prove me wrong
Protip: you can't
>>
>>85174358
Because their comics and practices are horrible, and yet you still find loads of "people" trying to defend them.
>>
Your all cancer boys.
>>
>>85174421
>who only had love for his child as a redeeming factor
how about we just dont have a redeeming factor and burgers can get over needing to have a relatable family man as the protag every fucking movie
>>
>>85174440
Yeah way to validate my point jackass. Go write another essay
>>
>>85174422

Proving your point about what? How you're a deluded loser who can't fathom how much you sound like a lunatic? You're the one derailing shit with your Mouseketeer conspiracy theories. Fuck it's fags like you that give us DC fans such a bad rep.
>>
>>85174458

I wouldn't even call it a redeeming factor because he is entirely unrepentant about everything. It just shows he's not entirely 100% monster. Which is entirely in character for Deadshot, he's got a soft spot concerning his kids.
>>
>>85174385
I'm being ignored anyway, but I'm just going to give my thoughts on this and call it a night.

All I was doing was mentioning that John Ostrander liked the movie. I thought it was worth its own discussion and in the first thread seemed to be leading to other discussions that /co/ doesn't usually have when these movies come out. I still don't see how a /co/ creator's reaction to a /co/ related property is worthy of being deleted and I have a hunch that whichever mod is active right now simply didn't know who Ostrander is and just blatantly ignored the anons who corrected him in the later threads. I didn't even think the thread would last for more then ten posts when I originally posted it.

Sheesh.
>>
>>85174568
>Im being ignored anyway
Fuck man let it go. Its almost like its an anonymous board. What do you want people to flock saying you were right? Get over it.
>>
>>85174568

You should know by now that on /co/ a creator's opinion regarding a movie adaptation only counts if he/she hates it. Any positive message is perceived as shilling from the creators side, or it's just entirely disregarded as irrelevant.
>>
>>85174318

Dude im an MCU guy and i just wanted to have a discussion in the Ostrander thread, even im mad about it.
>>
>>85147226
If you can't remember a name as simple as slipknot, they didn't do a good job with him.
>>
>27%
I don't understand what went wrong, it's easily a nice old 50% even at it's worse it still had very good shit going with it
>>
>>85168754
I'm not so sure. While he might not be able to take Batfleck on in a straight fight, this Joker has shown that he is unpredictable, resourceful, & extremely slippery. Even with his limited screentime.
>>
File: The-Joker.jpg (32KB, 1020x431px) Image search: [Google]
The-Joker.jpg
32KB, 1020x431px
I noticed this and the scene where they all pick drinks in the bar were missing. anything else not in the movie?
>>
>>85172531
To be honest Leto Joker was shit.
That voice was horrible.
>>
>>85174362
it's probably the lighting

great that we get to see this costume, but knowing this universe it's probably the only time we will see it
>>
>>85175044
cut out, WB fucking sucks
>>
Not only they cut a lot of stuff, a lot of scene trimmed down into seconds long so there are so many jump cuts.
The longest scenes I've noticed are Will Smith being bad ass shooting things on top of a car for 5 minutes and Will Smith being bad ass shooting the bomb in slow motion for 5 mins
>>
I'm not saying the movie's good or anything, but I'm seeing more and more people saying it's great if not better than critics are saying.

I'm honestly confused as fuck as to what's happening.
>>
>>85167135
>I've read every SS issue since the 2000s
So the Ostrander mini about Flag, the Blackest Night tie-in, and everything post-New 52 then?
>>
File: You like Krabby Patties.jpg (23KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
You like Krabby Patties.jpg
23KB, 599x399px
>Diablo eating breakfast with his kids
He just looks so ridiculous sitting there with his skull tattoos, trying to be a dad.
>>
>>85175136
What's weird is that Ayer is saying the released version is HIS cut.
>>
>>85175171

>I'm honestly confused as fuck as to what's happening.

This happens all the time, people trying to spin this as some ebin new Gamergate conspiracy bust is moronic.
>>
>>85175171
The movie came out and people saw it.
>>
>>85175190
Sad thing was I've seen a similar situation in real life. The only difference was instead of a skull face tattoo it was two skeleton hands grabbing his face
>>
I just realized what annoyed me about Deadshots costume in the movie. His aiming monocle thing is on the wrong fucking side. That was bugging the shit outta me and I couldn't put my finger on it. Not that it would have improved anything about Deadshot in the movie.
>>
>>85171933
I liked his last scene where he's just chillin in his cell
>>
>>85175194
damage control? if he said otherwise, WB would have his ass
>>
>>85175078
Ahh remember when people thought the tattoos were a connection to Joker stealing someones powers and then wreaking havoc and he was the main bad guy.

Which also gave a reason for Harley to be on the Squad instead of..no reason other than they wanted their "Deadpool" on the squad.

I remember that time. I miss it.
>>
>>85175234
He doesn't use the monocle thing to aim, it's for scouting.
>>
>>85175234
Autism: the post
>>
>>85147161
Shity editing, the people who done it need to get fired
thats pretty much it
>muh sexism
>muh violence against women
Sorry it wasnt an age of quiptron or quip civil war. I love me some dark movies
>>
>>85175284
Gotta check those power levels.
>>
>>85167219
>Croc is ghetto and likes BET
Isn't Croc supposed to be black?
>>
>Boomarang remote controlling the boomarang with his phone
>>
>>85166708
Yes
>>
>>85171735
THIS
THIS
THIS
Fucking
THIS
I like cape films in general and want to see great films out of Marvel and DC. But fuck me looking at the glee on forums at anything DCCU related failing is just like what the shit?
I can understand wanting these to be good biy them falling short pisses people off but the console war shit is so fucking cancerous.

No different for wanting a game to fail for not being on a certain system. Some critics had legit gripes but most had me scratching my fucking head at some of the shit they nitpicked.
>>
Saw it, I was pleasantly surprised. I really like enchantress and that phrase she uttered "the sun is setting on the Magic horizon" made me hopeful that they'll introduce more magic characters like Dr. Fate and Alan Scott Green Lantern
>>
>>85171933
I felt kind of similar until that last scene of him watching those chicks twerking on his new TV. That shit was pretty funny to me.
>>
i really liked it but it might be boosted because i was expecting a BvS tier trainwreck and it was WAY better than that.

could have cut all the music videos and introducing every character 3 times. you don't need the dossier clips and the beginning AND flashbacks throughout the whole movie. use the extra time from those cuts to do more character development and show the team working together on missions more. also the ending sucked. it's like the final boss of a video game being a qte

but still overall really good or at least better than you'd expect after BvS.
>>
>>85147161
Fucking loved the movie.
>>
in this thread:

> acting like SS wasn't better than Iron Man 2
>>
>>85175347
Someone needed more time with his Boomarang.
>>
>>85172531
> But he lacks their brooding complexity. The Joker of “The Dark Knight” was a terrorist with a cause
>Terrorist with a cause
>Brooding complexity
>Brooding
>Joker

Anyone else triggered by that sentence?
>>
>>85175497
bvs was iron man 2, SS is Thor 1 or maybe even Cap 1
>>
The male villain was pure dogshit.

I never read the comics but his power was poorly defined "CGI arms that stretch out and wreck things". He was like an evil groot with 1/5 the animation budget.
>>
>>85172740
Someone who liked Ledger Joker, yeah. He really did.
>>
i keep giving SS a lower score then 3 because everyone is calling it bad but this is a lie, its a solid 4 why am i scared of liking this movie
>>
>>85171933

I think you mean the shit. Unfortunately a lot of his stuff got cut but he was still pretty good, I liked the vague character bits he got. Him watching BET and being chill after previously living in the dark pit and treated like an animal was the best.
>>
>>85175555
Ledger Joker was good but a bad joker too lol

Nolanverse follows totally different rules mang
>>
>>85175532
>Joker
>complexity
That bothers me more.
You couldn't be any less complex than any version of Joker unless you're adapting Bomb Queen, and even that is on Joker's good day (read writer)
>>
>>85147161
It was cheesy at times, but it was great overall.
>>
File: 1.png (205KB, 768x326px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
205KB, 768x326px
>27% vs 75%
>>
>>85175658
That's just it too, he worked just fine for Nolan's Batman. But this ain't Nolan's Batman. Critics need to realize that.
>>
So you think it's a safe bet that we will be getting a "Directors cut" with all the shit WB execs had taken out?
>>
>>85175780

Probably.
>>
File: 1469372657110.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469372657110.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>85175780
i heard its not the case, maybe Ayer isnt fighting hard enough

ugh i actually really liked this movie and would like it more if the original shit got back in

i still dont see how its 27%, if thats 27% then im lost at what it takes to make a bad movie

Ss sure had its flaws but it had way more good then bad and better then bvS
>>
Just saw it, loved Deadshot, Boomerang, Waller, and most of Harley. Hated Croc, and Joker. Joker was just a mob boss who's gimmick was he's a clown. Acted nothing like the character should. Also why the fuck does he own a strip club where Harley works as a stripper? He also would never go as far as he did to save her ass. As for croc, he was just a walking steryotype. I had several negros in my theater going "oh hell naw!" when he said "BET".
>>
>>85175710
It's only at 75% because those who have seen it so far are mostly the more hardcore comics fans and the people who like superhero movies and will hype any movie in said genre.
>>
>>85175861
>White Guy writing what he thinks black people like.

Yea.
>>
>>85175861
>Acted nothing like the character should
he acted well enough with his own twist too, him caring for Harley is weird though buttt guess we wait

>I had several negros in my theater going "oh hell naw!" when he said "BET".
lol so, it was funny
>>
File: qznbko8fyp9x.jpg (191KB, 906x556px) Image search: [Google]
qznbko8fyp9x.jpg
191KB, 906x556px
>>85175861
>he didnt ask for TBS
>>
>>85175895
I didn't really feel Joker resonating off of him though. He could of been some random mob boss or some shit, and I wouldn't think Joker. Only thing that really made him Joker was the laugh, and the forced Ledger voice.
>>
>>85175044
Was Tattooed Man cut?
>>
>>85175302
>I love me some dark movies
Hah! MCU films are like picture books by comparison sure, but this was hardly even dark.
>>
>>85175972
It was never a thing. Just all wishful thinking.
>>
>>85175972
>Tattooed Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYTk8OOiXk
>>
I just saw it. This movie legit has some of the worst editing I've ever seen in a motion picture.
>>
File: 1449620877451.png (117KB, 238x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449620877451.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>85167937
>we are still way better off than what happened to shit like Jonah Hex and Steel.

Maximum overkek, this is how low the bar is now. That's exactly what >>85167389 means. It shouldn't have gotten to this point because after the Nolanbats reached the absolute peak of capekino, expectations for DC have reached fucking "at least it's not Steel".

What are you gonna say when WB produces a film unironically that bad? "At least they're trying?"
>>
>>85147674
Expendables was an homage movie. Wither you are selling low quality bait, or you're underageb&
>>
>>85176172
And this itself took inspiration from Dirty Dozen. But missed the mark in the end.
>>
>it's a denial thread
>>
>>85176305
>>it's a denial thread
Some of us have reached Anger now. Guess Bargaining is what we would do once WW come out.
>>
>>85169559
>it isn't anywhere near a 2 or 3/10 like critics are saying
That's because they don't say that.
The average rating is 4.8
Learn to read the fucking chart.
>>
>>85176305
Naw dude, it was a pretty good movie.
>>
>>85173165

yeah but on the other hand, they literally could NOT do Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in one movie, so maybe splitting it up would be a good idea.
>>
>>85147161

Just got back from it. While it's not a perfect movie I think it was more than serviceable as a n action flick. Joker was a let down but I would watch this another 10 times before I watch The Dark World again. Critics were way to harsh
>>
>>85176558
Long as they take Superman away from Snyder. Affleck is good enough to watch after himself and Gadot could have a solid film.
>>
>>85173457

>The only two that made their own impacts were Winter Soldier, and Civil War.

you forgot Iron Man 1 and 3, and the Incredible Hulk
>>
>>85176305

Not really. I hated BvS and I enjoyed this. Katana and Croc should have been dropped though to give Boomer a bit more screen time. Because he was perfect in every scene he was in
>>
Just got back from the theater. I really enjoyed it but I can definitely see why people would have problems with it. The film is messy but it kinda works in the film's favor since its not trying to be a clear cut cape flick. And regardless of what you think of it they fucking nailed Harley and it's clear she's going to get her own spinoff. Deadshot was also great. The rest of the cast is good to decent with Boomerang and Croc being underused but a longer cut could probably remedy that. The film does have issues but nothing that takes you out of the experience. A solid 8/10 for me.
>>
>>85176682

I'd give it a 7/10. Harley was great, they nailed parts of deadshot (Him not being a coward and always throwing himself into danger) but tried to humanism him to much with the "No women, no kids" shit. Boomer needed more screen time because what we did get was solid gold and I really liked how it was The Flash who put him away
>>
>>85172828
>Why do characters need to be introduced in other movies?
>This is the fucking blight Marvel left on the industry.
You say this as if GOTG doesn't exist.
>>
>>85176924

Or half the fucking Avengers. Black Widow has been in 5 movies and we know fuck all about her
>>
>>85176924
Which did this better without so many ancillary characters.

To do a "Prisoners break out and unite to save the world." bit first and foremost any notion of the Joker/Harley romance has to be nuked from fucking orbit.

Say she's already on the outs with Joker due to Batman dropping a truth bomb on her like in the animated series "You're nothing but the hired help, he keeps you around because its funny."

Each has a goal but it still unified in order to accomplish that goal they need to save the world for whatever self serving reason exists at the end of that rainbow.

They "Break Out" as per Waller plans and they do her dirty work as planned. Maybe halfway through Eastwood as another prisoner lets up at they are all implanted with bombs and if they fail then they'll all go up to finish the job.

My thing is they worked too hard to construct a reason for the characters to be there instead of the characters constructing the reason themselves.
>>
>>85177065
>My thing is they worked too hard to construct a reason for the characters to be there instead of the characters constructing the reason themselves.
Damn, you perfectly summed up my problem with how they handled the characters with this one sentence.
>>
>>85177065
>>85177149

Well the characters don't want to be their. That's kind of the point
>>
>>85177179
I think he what means is that they have to have some sort selfish reason that's actually characterized in the film through dialogue/interaction instead of long-drawn flashbacks that basically say "this is their deal basically".
>>
>>85175267
>Which also gave a reason for Harley to be on the Squad instead of..no reason other than they wanted their "Deadpool" on the squad.
There's a reason for Harley to be there: because this wasn't an ensemble Suicide Squad movie as much as it was a Harley Quinn character vehicle. Quinn was close to the only good part of this movie, so now they can justify the expense of giving her her own film.
>>
>>85172628
I liked that lil second.
>>
>>85148338
>In Civil War, I couldn't help but feel it was a last minute addition

It was and it's completely out of place and makes no sense.
>>
>>85174399
I just want this movie to be recognized as on par with like Blade or most the Xmen movies.

Reviews and some people act like this fucking thing deserves to be next to Xmen Origins or Spirit or Howard the Duck.
Which it doesn't. It really doesn't deserve this much shit.
>>
>>85174904
That's not the real score, that's the percentage of long worded reviews were positive or something?
Fuck idk why RT does it but it does.
Real score is like 4.8 or 5.4 out of 10.
>>
>>85175522
From the way Boomerang was flirting with Katana, it sounded like he had already spent lots of time with his Boomerang.
>>
>>85175861
Maybe the strip club thing was a reference to Azzerello's Joker graphic novel?
Doubt it but it was popular enough for a maybe.
>>
>>85167135
Why would you not read the GOAT squad run
Thread posts: 557
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.