[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this comic so fucking good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 2792518-01_cropped.jpg (151KB, 803x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2792518-01_cropped.jpg
151KB, 803x1280px
Why was this comic so fucking good?
>>
/co/ doesn't want anyone to spread this myth, but until Mark Millar started using comic books as half-ass Hollywood pitches, he used to be a decent writer. However, even for him his Spider-man run was thunder in a bottle.
>>
>>85145767
Dodson draws sexy ladies
>>
File: perfection.jpg (184KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
184KB, 816x816px
>>85145767
>Norman being threatening as fuck
>seeing Peter dealing with all kinds of gruesome shit
>cameos of other heroes
>pretty good artwork
>Black Cat being sexy and actually useful

I remember how I was looking forward to each new issue because I was eager to know who kidnapped Aunt May. Shit was intense as fuck.
>>
File: 1468374569776.png (314KB, 475x530px) Image search: [Google]
1468374569776.png
314KB, 475x530px
>>85145970
>tfw MJ shot Goblin
>>
>>85145767
should i read this?
>>
>>85146026
Yes.
>>
tHIS WAS REAL GOOD. MAde Venom different and relevant again too
>>
>>85146026
yes yes yes yes yes

i'll make you wonder what the fuck happened to marvel tho
>>
I reat this recently, this is considered good? I mean, Electro blows up kids in cars and Spider-Man pretty much says "You jerk"
>>
>>85146704
tHE eLECTRO AND vULTURE STUFF IS MEH, but the rest is fun and exciting shit
>>
>>85146704
>blows up kids
Ah, so it's just a normal Millar book.
>>
>>85145767

Millar seemed to actually care, instead of just phoning it in or relying on shock value and half-assed commentary.
>>
Yeah this was good stuff. If anything its too compressed. The ending especially. This could have been much longer
>>
where can i find this, i've looked at all the the comic download sites i know and i haven't found this
>>
>>85145767
Millar is a good writer and Dobson was a good choice for the art(his felicia was amazing)
>>
>>85149220
So was his Norman, actually. Let's not act like he's only good at cheesecake.
>>
It was not that great, with an extended 'Superman is totes lames guys' segment and the Dodsons' weird sausage-faced people all up ins.
>>
>>85145767
I was able to pick up a hardback copy of this run signed by Millar for like £5 on ebay.

I always wondered why noone else bid on it. The scribble looks legit and even if not, the book seemed worth it.
>>
>>85145872
This.
And Black Cat is a cool spunky character.
Also Felicia implied bisexual on like the first page, first issue, while also implied masturbating with the showerhead.
My teen brain went into overdrive fantasizing.
>>
>>85149425
Oh whoops that's The Evil That Men Do.
Marvel Knights Spidey was still great for pretty much the same reasons. Also, Electro was funny.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.