[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this still the best Batman movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

Is this still the best Batman movie?
>>
File: S60730-141018.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S60730-141018.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
No.
>>
Yeah. It's also still the best comic book movie.
>>
until Lego Batman comes out, maybe
>>
>>85124826
Lord no. They're great Shadow films but terrible Batman films.
>>
>>85124862
False, Red and Men in Black are both better. Unless you only meant capeshit.
>>
>>85124826
Yep

I'm a huge golden age bats fag tho, like 1st 12 issues where he is fucking batshit crazy

People think these movies aren't accurate to the comics but they are just not the modern batman
>>
>>85124873
>great shadow films

So great early batman films? He was pretty much a rip-off of the shadow for a brief period at his conception
>>
>>85124826
No. Returns and the Nolan trilogy are better.
>>
>>85125209
>trilogy
But there were only two movies plus the airplane scene.
>>
>>85125306
>Epic "I don't like thing so it doesn't exist" meme

Grow up.
>>
>>85124826
Yep. Don't see that changing anytime soon, either.
>>
>>85125756
:^)
>>
File: image.jpg (198KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 1600x1201px
>only one person has mentioned dark knight

Y'all motherfuckers are hipster as shit
>>
Begins, TDK and Returns are all better though
>>
>>85126365
Batman '89 basically defined summer blockbusters as they are today. I'd hardly call loving it to be a hipster opinion.
>>
>>85126414
Loving 89 is fine, not even mentioning Dark Knight as the obvious competitor for best bat-film is what I was referring to as being hipster behaviour
>>
>>85124826
it's a meme movie favored by reddit
>>
File: 1436839159769.jpg (51KB, 504x458px) Image search: [Google]
1436839159769.jpg
51KB, 504x458px
>>85126365
That's because Dark Knight is overrated.
Begins was great, The Dark Knight didn't had enough Two-Face and Rises is only good for memes.
>>
>>85126549
>overrated

Any criticism beyond buzzwords? I thought the film had just enough two-face.

Katie Holmes in Begins is the worst actor in the entire series. The character of Rachel in Begins is preachy and annoying, whereas in Dark Knight she feels like a real person.

Don't get me wrong I love begins, but neeson's Ra's doesn't hold a candle to Heath's joker.
>>
File: Citizen Bane.jpg (113KB, 550x555px) Image search: [Google]
Citizen Bane.jpg
113KB, 550x555px
>>85124826

The casting & set design is amazing, but that's really the only notable things about it from a modern perspective.

It did help lead to the creation of BTAS so it also gets points for that.

Still Nolan's trilogy trumps it.
>>
>>85126532
Opinions of an underage b&

For those of us who were alive and not infantile before TDK trilogy was even a thing, Batman was the best Batman movie since...1989

Fuck off newfags
>>
>>85126660
>The character of Rachel in Begins is preachy and annoying, whereas in Dark Knight she feels like a real person.
She's also too hideous to look at GTFO
Nobody cares about the piece of ass in a comic book movie, especially if she's a fucking uggo
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 402x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 402x226px
Riddle me this batfags. Why are your opinions all so shit?
>>
>Tying the Joker into Batman's origin
>Batman is a killer at the right beginning of his career and doesn't care about justice, he just want revenge.

The costume was good though. I loved the Troika style.
>>
>>85124915
Dredd is better than both. Pull your head out of that rock it's been under.
>>
>>85126365
I love the Dark Knight but '89 is a better Batman movie

I secretly love Batman & Robin, it's shit but it's so much fun to rewatch with friends.
>>
>>85127313
Tommy Lee Jones should have played the Joker instead and Val Kilmer should have been Two-Face instead of Batman.
>>
>>85127462
>the movie where joker kills Bruce's parents is the better batman movie

I think it's a great movie and all, but it's gets a big "not muh" from me.

To each their own
>>
File: joker cesar romero.jpg (36KB, 392x511px) Image search: [Google]
joker cesar romero.jpg
36KB, 392x511px
>>85127743
Fair enough, admittedly my favorite Joker is Cesar Romero.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 628x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 628x479px
>>85127796
Top tier choice, I gotta go Hamill personally. Probably because he was my first
>>
I'm sorry but nothing can top Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight

for which Heath Ledger won a Oscar award for his performance

Also fine performances from Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman of course, Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent

All other films pale in comparison
>>
>>85127865
Both are excellent choices, but Hamill is my fav of the two. He has the deadly humor down perfect and is a genuine threat while standing far far away from the murder McEdgelords modern Joker seems to be.
>>
>>85127743
Returns is a lot worse in that regard... big guilty pleasure of mine, though. 50/50 Batman/Tim Burton movie.
Batman '89 and Returns still have a better pacing and visuals, in my opinion. The Nolan trilogy ones get boring.
>>
File: phantasm.gif (611KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
phantasm.gif
611KB, 500x258px
?
>>
>>85128279
'89 and Returns are easily two of my favorite Burton movies. He obviously wasn't very familiar with the source material, but he made it his own. Those movies are worth it for his version of Gotham architecture alone
>>
>>85125209
>Returns

no, it was a weak Batman movie and even a weak Tim Burton film
>>
>>85124953
have you ever read The Shadow?
>>
File: joker mob 1.jpg (115KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
joker mob 1.jpg
115KB, 1920x1088px
>>85126365
THIS
>>
Best Batman Movie: Phantasm
Best Live action Batman: Batffleck
Best Batman+Movie: Begins
Best movie (Kino for /tv/ - also go back): TDK
Most Innovation: 89

89's strength is that it stood on its own and wast playing it safe by copying a bunch of other shit like literally every batman movie since
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 650x365px
>>85124862
Why hello there! It seems like you haven't seen my movie!
>>
Objective list

Returns > 89 > Forever > Batman&Robin > Nolan Trilogy

I am eagerly awaiting all the butthurt teenager Nolan fanboy replies.
>>
>>85130310
kek
>>
>>85124826

It is a terrible Batman movie, and a terrible action movie.

It's an OK joker movie.
>>
File: billy-dee-williams-harvey-dent.jpg (25KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
billy-dee-williams-harvey-dent.jpg
25KB, 550x310px
>>85124826
Yes, and this is the best Harvey Dent
>>
>>85130310
Why hello there action movie with a faithful Deadpool. if Deadpool is so self aware, why didn't he comment on how dreadfully generic the plot of his movie is
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 494x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 494x277px
>>85130696
because 'dreadfully generic' is my middle name.

I had mean parents as a kid
>>
>>85124826
Not sure, but it definitely had the best joker
>>
>>85130696
but was it really?
All superhero movies are about saving the world and stopping a huge threat, while this one was just a cliche revenge story
>>
>>85124826
It's good but not my top.
I really hated Nicholson's Joker. Not even regarding the backstory or "not muh Joker," I just thought his antics weren't interesting or funny at all.

I prefer Returns, The Dark Knight and Begins to it.
>>
>>85127865
Hamill is a voice actor you autist. May as well stack allthe comic Jokers against the live action too while you're at it.
>>
>>85131331

>while this one was just a cliche revenge story
>just a cliche revenge story
>cliche
>>
>>85131568
what, is it a buzzword now?
It was cliche for a movie but not really for a superhero movie
>>
>>85131489
Thank you. Voice acting is an art in itself, but it is not comparable to full fledged acting, kinda getting sick of the meme of acting like VAs and film actors are the same thing or even comparable as if you try and legitimize VAs, when they already are legitimate just in a DIFFERENT art form
>>
>>85130434
Batman & Robin? Are you kidding? Alecia Fucking Silverstone as Batgirl?
>>
File: nicholson_1989.jpg (153KB, 900x593px) Image search: [Google]
nicholson_1989.jpg
153KB, 900x593px
>If Joker had the helicopter show up in 5 minutes like he originally said instead of changing his mind and saying 10 he would have escaped

dummy
>>
>>85131914
My rich relative had a very large picture of that image in his basement, when I was young

Since then I've always associated this Joker with a weird sense of accomplishment and I've always wanted to become like the Joker and also one day have a very large picture of that image in my own house when I become rich
>>
>>85124826
It's a nice movie, I'd say probably the third best Batman movie, but the best one is Batman Begins
>>
If you don't like comics, sure.
>>
>>85124851
Did BvS have "I believe you" from DKR?
>>
>>85133033
Comics and movies should be separate entities, though.
>>
>>85134236
if im remembering correctly it did.
>>
>>85134287
It's still an adaptation. It's supposed to adapt from something.
>>
>>85125209
Begins and TDK are better, they're arguably the best capeshit there is especially if you want something more serious. TDKR is awful though and Burton Bat's is way better.
>>
>>85134236
Yes it did
>>
New Joker is the worst Joker
Not funny at all.

PS. Fuck Batman , I don't care .
>>
>>85124826
Mask of the Phantasm is a better Batman movie.

The Dark Knight is a better movie.
>>
>>85124826
Yes, but mostly because of the Prince soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
>>
>>85124826
>Joker "disguised" by wearing skin-colored makeup over his white face which is actual makeup, looks like an absolute fucking mess
>Joker has a catchphrase for some reason; doesn't have anything to do with the character or the story, it's just a shoehorned way for batman to figure out that:
>Joker is the one who killed bruce wayne's parents, because the Batman/Joker conflict needed to be personal for some reason...?
>all the Prince music for some reason - doesn't fit the atmosphere of the movie
>Jack Nicholson just acting lik Jack Nicholson
>Batman kills the Joker in the end

No. It's not a great movie. It's every bit as campy as the Schumacher films, and nearly as campy as the 60's show. Except unlike those, Batman 1989 isn't trying to be campy, it's trying to be serious. Batman gets props for being "the film that started it all" and no one can argue that it had a major impact on what came later. But like most films that "started it all" it hasn't aged very well. The is the Great Train Robbery of cape films.
>>
>>85126414
Fuck you. Fuck you for saying that. Jaws defined summer blockbusters. Jaws STARTED summer blockbusters. Batman '89 defined a lot of things but Spielberg is the reason we have summer blockbusters, not Tim "all my movies have the same atmosphere" Burton.
>>
>>85137739
Sure, but Batman was the first movie to be a major summer event in terms of marketing. In the months leading up to its release, Batman was fucking EVERYWHERE, which was unheard of for a movie at the time.
>>
>>85138142
The Star Wars movies and Ghostbusters were kind of a big deal.

I'll admit I don't recall Pepsi merchandising for those, though.
>>
>>85124826

I love the imagery of the movie and Michael Keaton as a shrewd Bruce Wayne works. It's a shade of the character not normally utilized.

Other than that, the movie is too much driven by emotional logic, I guess? The required level of suspension of disbelief is too high. With the Nolan movies, that's different.

But both approaches really don't compare. Burton Batman is his own beast.
>>
>>85124826
I don't like the idea of the Joker being a criminal. I Yeah, I know it's what Joker was for most of his existence, but I prefer the post-Killing Joker interpretation. Jack Nicholson definitely got a better costume than Heath Ledger, and I adore him as an actor, but Heath Ledger's Joker was just a crazy guy who wanted to prove everyone else was as crazy as him and have fun doing it.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.