[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the Star Wars Special Editions of /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: killing_joke_1988-2008.jpg (294KB, 1140x850px) Image search: [Google]
killing_joke_1988-2008.jpg
294KB, 1140x850px
Is this the Star Wars Special Editions of /co/?
>>
I don't find that page to be a good example of why it's a bad recolor. The only flaw is the blood tears on the new version. There are some scenes that get ruined by the new coloring though.
>>
>>85121250
Not really because the one in the right works better than the original in certain pannels.
>>
I like both.
A mix of the blending and shading from the recolor with the original fever dream hot colors would've been perfect.
>>
>>85121302
I think the page could be improved by combining parts of both. Have the upper part remain black and white and red while as he starts to laugh it starts turning into the colors of the original.
>>
>>85121302
Not only that, the context of the coloring of the rest of the flashbacks also impacts the page.
>>
>>85121334
>blending and shading from the recolor
Do you actually like the digital coloring? I find that's the worst part aside from the boring palette. Looks like plastic and makes it look weird when combined with all the crosshatching. It's clear Bolland drew the pages with flat colors in mind.
>>
>>85121250
it's a meme comic favored by reddit
>>
File: Neal_Adams_2015.jpg (4MB, 2783x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Neal_Adams_2015.jpg
4MB, 2783x3600px
>>
Colors in Killing Joke weren't as important as they were in Watchmen and don't exactly ruin point of the story or character moments.

To explain what the fuck I am talking about, look at how George fucked up Han shooting Greedo scene. He wanted to change it just to make point that Han was defending himself and is a good guy, not a smart guy. Killing Joke recolor doesn't have any of that moments, colors are just less chaotic and it may aesthetically please some people over original colors.
>>
>>85121250
No. it is not nearly as blasphemous as the Star Wars Special Editions. Its still a very good coloring, but in trying to embrace the grim black and white boring nature of the Joker's past it sucks away much of the reader's enjoyment as well. The 2nd coloring is style over substance while the first is the perfect balance of substance and style
>>
>>85121405
As a painter, I always appreciate blending of color. Doesn't mean it's always an improvement, but it does the thing for me. It takes time blending color and to make it look good. Flat colors are super fast to do.
>>
>>85121405
It's possible to do flat colors digitally. Don't blame the technique on the means.
>>
It's kind of a mixed bag, in some panels/pages the original color works better, in other the recoloring does. The best thing would be to have a book with both versions included, is there such a thing?
>>
>>85121879
I've seen people blend certain pages together but not the whole thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.