[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BattleTech animated show when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

BattleTech animated show when?
>>
>>85109939
like 20 years ago
>>
File: 3433tYZ[1].jpg (40KB, 469x343px) Image search: [Google]
3433tYZ[1].jpg
40KB, 469x343px
>>85109939
>>
>>85109939
>racially mixed crack team
>they never consume drugs together
>>
>>85109939
Is there a better, more versatile, dangerous tonne per tonne mech than the Mad Cat/Dire Wolf? I don't think so.
>>
>>85109995
>>85110065
Oh god, I'm getting flashbacks. I watched that whole fucking show on YouTube and I hated every minute of it.

>>85110218
It's the best at almost everything, and that makes it kinda boring. I never really liked games with the designated "best" unit.
>>
>>85111662
Some people dislike it's chassis and prefer a Thor/Summoner or a Loki/Hellbringer over it. Also I was talking about the Timber Wolf, the Dire Wolf is the Daishi, I'm more familiar with the IS names and I get the two wolves confused. The Dire Wolf assault mech is a lot less versatile, but probably the strongest mech in one on one with the only real competition being the Turkina. I don't get the people who prefer the Vulture/Mad Dog to the MC/TW though: same thing but slightly lighter, softer and with less punch.
>>
>>85110218
The VF 1-J Valkyrie. And it has more maneuverability as well.
>>
>>85112003
How so?
>>
>>85111988
The vulture, when piloted by Inner Sphere (ie, intelligent) pilots, can be used to shell positions with indirect fire on a massive scale.

The Mad Cat is a mech that excels at long range combat, but is designed to charge into combat.
>>
File: Wasp[1].png (115KB, 467x783px) Image search: [Google]
Wasp[1].png
115KB, 467x783px
>>85111988
No lie, I love the Vulture. Aside from looking really cool, the one you can salvage early on in MechCommander carried me through a lot of tough missions; along with that scary-ass Madcat you can get in level three. It was also pretty solid in multiplayer in MechAssault 2 thanks to it's decent punch combined with people not actually expecting much of a fight from it. There's something to be said for being the guy nobody targets first. It's still very much a support mech, but there's nothing wrong with being somebody else's backup.

>>85112003
Please. 20 tons and hardly any armaments. It might as well be infantry.
For real though, even in Robotech those things didn't have much going for them in the way of armor. They were fast and could fly, but one good hit from a large laser and that thing is down for the count. A Madcat might not be the most durable mech around, but twelve tons of armor plating is nothing to scoff at.
>>
>>85112060
Couldn't you just hang the same gear on a Mad Cat and have the same result but better since while it has almost the same speed it can carry considerable more payload?

>>85112714
For being just 15 tonnes heavier a MC will wipe the floor with anything but a Masakari or Turkina while the Vulture loses out a whole array of mechs.
>>
>>85110218
/btg/ has some pretty broken designs actually including a nasty 55 tonner that jumps 11 hexes and can reliably put 8 med lasers on the rear torso. Even without that clan mechs tend to get raped by combined arms in later era bt.
>>
>>85114275
>For being just 15 tonnes heavier a MC will wipe the floor with anything but a Masakari or Turkina
Yep, it's the designated best guy. That's why I fond it so uninteresting to use.
>>
>>85109939
I want a fucking movie.

We've seen from Pacific Rim, etc. that this shit is already possible. We need political intrigue with robots in space.
>>
>>85110218
Warhammer or Marauder?
>>
>chicken walkers
Fuck that noise.
>>
File: Dougram's last repose.jpg (713KB, 931x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dougram's last repose.jpg
713KB, 931x1280px
You already got one.
>>
>>85109939
They tried it and it was awful, because no one can take Battletech as a kid's cartoon seriously. EXO-Squad basically beat it out years earlier and anywhere else they could have gone with Battletech would have put it in the Y-14 category at the most conservative.
>>
>>85109939
aaaand I just realized...are these the redesigns for the old mechs so they can be used again? Don't like the Rifleman's arms and the Marauder looks a bit bulky. Warhammer looks pretty cool, Archer needs a "head". Don't see what's different with the Thunderbolt.
>>
>>85110218
Mad Dog/Vulture.
>>
>>85119109
They all look bulky now. It works with some better than others, but overall I don't think it's a bad look for these things. I mean, they are walking tanks, it would be weird for them not to be covered in armor.

>>85119120
Nah, I love the little guy, but it's really only good for one thing.
>>
>>85119120
My favorite mech from day one but that's not true. It's a beast at fire support and range. They tended to not be super good at close ranges.
>>
>>85121960
Mad Cat's not any better at close range.
>>
>>85111662
>I watched that whole fucking show on YouTube and I hated every minute of it.
Go watch Exo Squad instead.

It has a somewhat similar setting and also has guys in robots fighting eachother, but it's about a million times better.
>>
>>85122080
yeah but it's still a bit tougher over all while being heavier, more armor and like the same speed.
>>
>>85109939
I would play the fuck out of a battletech mmorpg type of game. Fuck mwo though. What a bunch of hot garbage.
>>
It will never happen as long as Harmony Gold exists and has a legal team to hand out C&D orders.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.