[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are comics/super heroes/etc that are... metroid-y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 24

File: 5241.jpg (630KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
5241.jpg
630KB, 1680x1050px
what are comics/super heroes/etc that are... metroid-y?
>>
comics/super heroes/etc that are vaguely written and thus fans have a million different headcanons about and then they scream and gnash their teeth when the creator decides to tell them their headcanons were wrong?
>>
>>85109021
uhhhh, i just meant in terms of the and sci-fi look and feel of it, mysterious and obscure but kinda cartoony at the same time
>>
File: Captain Marvel (2016-) 002-002.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Marvel (2016-) 002-002.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Tall blonde superheroine who got powers from being genetically fused with aliens? Genocided an alien race so hard they're now all terrified of her? Really bad motherhood storyline?
>>
>>85109021

MovieBob pls go shitpost somewhere else.

Exactly ero people wanted Samus to be a generic "broken" anime waifu who's defined by her relationship to her daddy figure. That's literally the least interesting interpretation you could have.
>>
>>85108826
Samurai Jack.
>>
>>85109343
hmmmmmm.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (67KB, 509x607px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
67KB, 509x607px
>>85108826
Did it bother anyone else how anime she got after Metroid Prime?
>>
>>85108826
Armor and unuscione
>>
>>85109982
Isn't that how she started?
>>
>>85109021
They ruined her and you know it.
>>
File: handface.jpg (5KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
handface.jpg
5KB, 200x239px
>Other M
>Samus is not independent
>has to ask permission to use her already acquired upgrades, even if it means her dying from not using them
>irrationally scared of Ridley even after 'killing' him at least 3 times prior to other m
>spends most of the game complaining about Adam in dragged out monologues
>Ridley is a rabbit baby

And that's not even mentioning the boring rage inducing gameplay.
>>
>>85111854
>Killing Ridley 3 times
Actually, she only killed Ridley once by the time of Other M. Hence why she freaked out upon seeing him alive.
They fought in original Metroid, but Ridley survived. Prime is a separate canon from Other M, so those games don't count. Then she killed him in Super.
In any case, I like to think of it like this: Other M isn't usual Samus. It's Samus when she's had a really off week and is feeling depressed about it. Normally she's more of the lone hunter badass we know and love, but she's been having a really rough time and isn't entirely stable by the time of that game.
>>
>It's a "I'm too scared to make a thread on /v/ so I'll post it on /co/" thread

For a series most well known for its strong, brave main character, Metroidfags sure are cowards.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 2610x1800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 2610x1800px
>>85111047
Not really.
>>
>>85111943
Dobson, stop posting on 4chan. Your patreon isn't going to make money that way.
>>
>>85111964
Does Dobson not like anime?
I'm not sure what angle you're going for here.
>>
>>85111891
>Prime is a separate canon from Other M
wut
>>
>>85109123
Please don't make Samus look bad by comparing Carol to her.
>>
Metroid was inspired by the aliens franchise. Don't know if you would be into watching the aliens movies.
>>
Nobody has written a personality for samus that everyone can agree on.

Though my personal headcannon has her be more like Bobafett in terms of personality.
>>
File: yxgWPLi[1].jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yxgWPLi[1].jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>85112129
I always picture her as reserved but driven. Like outside of her armor she's mostly quite, what with spending most of her time alone in the emptiness of space, but at the the same time projects and air of power. I mean, this is someone who quit the military because it didn't allow her to kick enough asses.
Whatever people think, I feel like we can all agree that Other M got it wrong. I don't care that it was canon, that shit was just wrong.
>>
>>85112054
one, two were great.

three was meh.

Resurrection had that corny 70's scifi mood to it.
>>
>>85112129
I imagine her as a loner that's not afraid of helping when she can, but still keeps her distance because of her occupation.
>>
>>85112129
>Nobody has written a personality for samus that everyone can agree on.

In my head its 2/5 Ripley, 1/5 the old Laura Croft, 1/5 Sarah Connor, and 1/5 Faye Valentine

She is a loner bounty hunter that travels to completely unknown places without much of the way of back up and has to improvise solutions and tactics to deal with otherwise otherworldly forces. There is very much a "This needs to be done by someone and I am the best to do so" about all of the metroid games.
>>
>>85112179
>>85112214
>>85112316
Huh, it's almost as if everyone has the same basic idea about who she is based on her actions and the circumstances she willingly puts herself in and then Other M proceed to shit all over that.
>>
>>85112018
Sakurai said Prime is an alternate story line to the main one. Thus, by the time of Other M, Samus has only fought Ridley twice, and killed him only once.
>>
>>85108826
> metroid is red autist running around blasting things
> ironman is red autist flying around blasting things
Your welcome
>>
The Shi Ar remind me a little of the Chozo
>>
>>85112675
>Sakurai said Prime is an alternate story line to the main one

First of all, It's Sakamoto. And no, he said literally the opposite. Prime is not a "gaiden", it's just as canon as the rest of the series.
>>
If Metroid belonged to Marvel

the Chozo would be mytical ancestors of the Shi Ar, and Samus would be a starjammer or guardian of the Galaxy.
>>
>>85112991
>starjammer or guardian of the Galaxy.
>in modern marvel

Thank God in heaven I've been spared this.
>>
>>85109982
Prime 3 and the Brawl incarnations are my favorite. Prime 1 just doesn't do it for me for some reason, Prime 2 and Hunters looks awful, but 3 and Brawl were a good balance of severe and beautiful to me.
>>
>>>>85115715

I never got why Nintendo focuses on Samus being demure when she's a battle hardened bounty hunter. They have princesses for that.
>>
>>85117168
They focus on it because they're caught up in making her a waifu. I'd like my Samus to have a hardened, terrible beauty, but you're right in saying that demure is a swing and a miss.
>>
>>85112991
No, she'd be an Inhuman
>>
File: 1426913616653.jpg (38KB, 351x352px) Image search: [Google]
1426913616653.jpg
38KB, 351x352px
>>85117168
Because that's the point of the suit. Power suit is for battle hardened bounty hunting, being out of the suit is for being a beautiful woman.

It's about contrast between the two, that's what Nintendo focuses on.
>>
>>85112214

That and she was raised by mystical bird aliens so just might not be that comfortable with social situations in the first place as a result of living so long away from other humans.
>>
>>85112675
>Sakurai
This isn't Kirby or Smash, sir.
>>
>>85108826
Dark Horse Aliens comics.
XO Manowar.
>>
>>85112675
He clearly meant Prime is a side story. It isn't Metroid 1.5. It's the Prometheus of Metroid. Same universe, different plot.
>>
>>85118688
Hell yeah
>>
File: 1468631472222.jpg (229KB, 866x898px) Image search: [Google]
1468631472222.jpg
229KB, 866x898px
>>85109021
>>
Seems like an appropriate place to ask: does anyone have that Ms paint comic about some guy slowly turning into a fly-like creature after being thrown into a weird put in a strange unearthly world? He had a cat too, or something.
>>
>Space mercenary chuck with high tech weapons fighting alien infestation with an 80s twist.

Dark Horse's Alien Series might appeal
>>
>>85120267
No, fuck you. Metroid threads on /co/ are the fucking best.
>>
>>85122236

Agreed. Mostly because if things get off track into shitposting, we've got a lot of fanart and Space Pirates comics to dump.
>>
File: 1444834135031.png (61KB, 208x195px) Image search: [Google]
1444834135031.png
61KB, 208x195px
>>85120267
I like how you have to announce your reporting, like as to make a stand or a point when it's not even up to you to decide.
>>
>>85112018
>wut

The Metroid Prime games were made by an American studio.

Nintendo, being a Japanese company, does not consider any games made by foreign studios to be "canon".

The Prime games are about as legitimate as the CD-I Zelda games, so far as Nintendo of Japan is concerned.
>>
>>85111758
they did ruin her but he's still right

sakamoto was right when he said that everyone having a different idea of samus was bad for the series. he was wrong about literally everything else but he was right about that.
>>
>>85122407
>The Prime games are about as legitimate as the CD-I Zelda games, so far as Nintendo of Japan is concerned.

1/10
>>
>>85122407
>Nintendo, being a Japanese company, does not consider any games made by foreign studios to be "canon".

I've read that Miyamoto hated Donkey Kong Country with a passion and openly talked shit about Rare in interviews.

Not surprised.
>>
File: 23645.jpg (102KB, 400x622px) Image search: [Google]
23645.jpg
102KB, 400x622px
>>85108826
Iron Man #237, OP
>>
>>85111943
That comic was made by Japs trying to be westaboos.
>>
>>85122407
when retro was finished with metroid prime they were immediately put on projects that were much more important than metroid could ever hope to be

there is no secret conspiracy against retro studios
>>
>>85109982
the varia suit is a bunch of 80s mecha parts slapped together

she was always anime

they just had the sense to rip off the good shit back then
>>
>>85122407

The Metroid Prime games bombed in Japan because they were FPS. The Japanese have a cultural dislike of FPS games (I heard they get motion sickness or epilepsy more easily or something).

So it makes sense that since no one in Japan played them or enjoyed them, they would not be considered canon by the Japanese.
>>
>>85122407
Oh fuck off. Only Sakamoto possibly thought that the series wasn't canon and lord knows no one gives a fuck what he thinks now after Other M. Possibly Sakurai as well but he has nothing to do with Metroid so who gives a shit.

Most other people at Nintendo, including Tanabe, seem to respect Prime and consider it canon.
>>
>>85122407
>Nintendo, being a Japanese company, does not consider any games made by foreign studios to be "canon".

They can't seem to make up their minds how much of the Donkey Kong games made by Rare "count". Sometimes they go with Rare's canon that the current Donkey Kong is the offspring of the original Donkey Kong, sometimes they don't.

It's like they're caught between their desire to make money off of a popular franchise made by gaijin, and their Japanese nature to be xenophobic isolationists who must purge all gaijin taint from their business.

It's fun to watch.
>>
>>85118039
its amazing how many people don't understand this

be mad at nintendo for being incapable of showing restraint, but there's a point to samus being a beautiful woman and not a grizzled warrior under the armor
>>
>>85122407

You can be as butthurt as you please. But if the Prime games weren't made by Nintendo, then the SHOULDN'T count.
>>
>>85122857
no seriously there isn't some kind of secret resentment towards their western developers, with the possible exception of NST

nintendo really likes seeing NST suffer for some reason
>>
>>85122702
Funny, the Metroid Prime games did better than Other M did commercially and they also seem to have their own dedicated fanbase. Most Japanese fans seem to vastly prefer the Prime subseries than Other M.

Also from what I've heard, the Prime games were never localized all that well into Japan. Supposedly for one thing, they replaced the more imaginative area names with generic names, with stuff like, "Fire Area," instead of "Magmoor Caverns."
>>
>>85122931

Nintendo's goal first and foremost is to appease their Japanese consumers. Foreign consumers are an afterthought. And they receive serious backlash when they try to appeal to foreigners, anyway.

I was reading a translation of 2chan users when Little Mac was revealed for SSB. The Punch Out games were never popular in Japan, so the inclusion of Little Mac was seen as an appeal to outsiders. Japanese fans were livid; SSB is a Japanese game and should only be concerned with Japanese gamers.

They wanted more Fire Emblem characters.
>>
>>85122975
metroid's problem in japan is that a lot of the people who would be into those sort of games over there moved on to the playstation and never looked back
>>
>>85123099
Oh?
>>
>>85123085

Nintendo of Japan was burned by American developers so much in the 80s, they pretty much outright refuse to work with or trust Western companies now n days.

Their earliest forays into media resulted in shit like Captain N, the Super Shows, the LoZ cartoon. Or the awful Valiant comics. Or the fuckin Bob Hoskin/John Leguizamo Mario Bros movie.

Western game developers were further hurting the brand with heinous dogshit like the CD-I Zelda and Mario titles, or off-model, unplayable stuff like Mario is Missing.

NoJ doesn't want to reach across the ocean and work with Westerners anymore. And you can't really blame them. The "If it's good enough for Japan, it's good enough for everyone else" business model has been working just fine for them since the 2000s.
>>
>>85123085
>I was reading a translation of 2chan users when Little Mac was revealed for SSB.
this is like judging what americans are like by reading /v/

both retro's and rare's donkey kong country are super popular over in japan. they fuckin love that shit, they don't care that it's made by westerners

when nintendo needed mario kart 7 out on the double cause the 3ds was bombing hard, they went to retro studios for help

they give next level games good projects all the time (federation force is a dumb idea but that one's on tanabe)

they don't hate their western developers except for NST

they really fucking hate NST and like to inflict pain on them. i don't know why.

>>85123155
think about this one

metroid used to sell fine in japan until the 8 year gap
>>
>>85123272
Which 8 year gap?
>>
>>85123085
>They wanted more Fire Emblem characters.

Sigh.

Of course they did.
>>
>>85123442
He's talking about the 8 year gap between Super and Prime/Fusion.

Also I don't know about that, honestly.

Metroid fans in general tend to also be huge fans of other Nintendo properties. There's generally a ton of overlap period between fanbases of every Nintendo franchise.

Metroid has just always been niche as fuck.
>>
>>85123513

Metroid didn't start to become popular in Japan until Fusion and the introduction of the Zero Suit.

Waifus are the only thing Japanese gamers care about, so that's all Samus is ever going to be from now on.
>>
>>85123568
>Metroid didn't start to become popular in Japan until Fusion and the introduction of the Zero Suit.
The Zero Suit was introduced in Zero Mission though.
>>
>>85123513
>Metroid has just always been niche as fuck.
It's a shame they are really fun games.
>>
>>85123598
Shock of shocks, a guy complaining about Japan ruining Metroid or Samus being seen out of her suit doesn't play Metroid games.
>>
best selling metroid games in japan were the first two (both sold over a million) and super (over 500k)

fusion didn't do so hot and zero mission mega bombed in japan

japan didn't really care for other m much either, barely outselling fusion which is catastrophic considering the game's goals and budget
>>
>>85123272

I get the feeling the only reason NintendoJapan let Retro make the Prime games in the first place was because they were genre and mechanic experimenting with so many of their franchises in the Gamecube era.

Star Fox Adventures was a third person action-platformer and not a space shooter.

Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine added weird upgradable weapons to the gameplay.

And Metroid Prime was an FPS.

If Nintendo hadn't been in that experimental phase, Prime never would've been allowed to happen. And now that that phase is long out of their system, we won't be seeing anything like Prime again.
>>
>>85123698

It's almost like... Metroid is only popular/profitable with foreign markets, and so trying to change it to appeal exclusively to Japanese markets where it's never been fashionable is a... bad idea?

NAH. Fuck the gaijin. Miyamoto-sama knows what's best.
>>
>>85123742
aint his call, mainline and prime are split up between two departments

miyamoto wants to see another prime

he also wants to see NST dead. dunno why that is.
>>
>>85123780
>NST
?
>>
>>85123816
Miyamoto hates pregnancies, I guess.
>>
>>85122931
>>85123272
>>85123780

>NST
>NST
>NST

Wtf are you sperging out about, now?
>>
>>85123838
No I mean I don't know what the fuck that stands for.
>>
>>85123703
>Star Fox Adventures was a third person action-platformer and not a space shooter. Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine added weird upgradable weapons to the gameplay. And Metroid Prime was an FPS.

Metroid Prime was the only good one of any of those.
>>
>>85123859
what
>>
>>85123901
>Luigi's Mansion
>Super Mario Sunshine
>Bad
>>
>>85123859
He's got a point. Nintendo never seems to let NST do ANYTHING but shovelware these days.
>>
>>85123980
That's all NST has done since 2004. That company had what, three decent titles of their own?
>>
>>85123780
I remember for about a decade everybody blamed Sonic X-Treme's never coming out with SoJ's feud with SoA. It was heralded as some sort of lost messiah of Sonic, a game that would have been revolutionary and amazing if it weren't for those goddamn Nippons.

And then the concepts and builds eventually leaked, and it turned out that the game was absolutely awful from the ground up in damn near every incarnation. The feud had certainly negatively affected the game, but the devs who were so quick to pass the blame were fucking terrible all on their own and deserved to have that game canned.

Project HAMMER has a lot of the same tone.
>>
>>85123703
>If Nintendo hadn't been in that experimental phase, Prime never would've been allowed to happen. And now that that phase is long out of their system, we won't be seeing anything like Prime again.
tanabe, miyamoto and even sakamoto want to see retro make a new one

they've all said it at one point. retro is one of their crown jewels

what they don't want to see is hunters 2 because they want nst's building destroyed. details unclear.

federation force started life as a hunters follow up and NST didn't even know about it until it was unveiled
>>
>itt
>WAH WAH WAH Why won't those racists at Nintendo make a game that appeals to ME!?

Yes, Nintendo has been isolationist since the early 2000s. Yes, they've been deliberately steering their brand away from Western tastes.

But they've also been making record profits since then and without all the embarrassing shit they wound up regretting during the 80s and 90s.

So why the fuck SHOULD they try to appeal to Westerners when their Japan First business strategy has been working so well these past 15 years?
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 1024x1024px
>>85109982
Yeah. I mean I don't rage about it or anything I just think it's rather silly. I don't want Samus to be overly butch or dykeish, but making her too animu waifu looking is also going in the direction IMO.

In Prime she's perfectly attractive but she doesn't look done up. It's a practical kind of beauty and even extends to her hairstyle, which is just a simple ponytail instead of an elaborate 'do.
>>
>>85124378
>mole
>>
>>85124282
>But they've also been making record profits

I thought they've been struggling ever since the bottom fell out of the Wii and they never recovered.

Probably explains why they had to work with a gaijin company like Disney and license out their IPs were Wreck-It Ralph. They can't afford to be xenophobic seppuku-holics anymore.
>>
>>85122327
its the mind of an sjw
>>
>>85124429
>Probably explains why they had to work with a gaijin company like Disney and license out their IPs were Wreck-It Ralph.

If it hadn't been Disney, Nintendo would have never even entertained the idea of licensing their IPs to a foreign company.

It just so happens that Disney has a superb presence in Japan and a big working relationship with Japanese corporations.
>>
>>85124378
fusion samus is my favorite because her appearance is mature confident and laid back, plus she looks like a leiji matsumoto character and i like it when metroid has some 80s anime influence in it
>>
>>85124559
Yeah, I like this one too.
>>
>>85124559
Yeah, that's probably the best. Prime's is okay, but it sort of makes her look like a forty year old housewife. Fusion's Samus looks like she actually has a life outside of her games.
>>
>>85111943
>6"3
So shes 2 inchs taller than me now thats hot.
>>
>>85125152
not canon.

She's short in Other M outside the suit, which as bad as the game was, is unfortunately canon.
>>
Why was Other M called that again? To this day the title confuses me.

Then again I've not played it.
>>
>>85125319
Mother. They wanted to focus on her character and this being Japan we're talking about, they heavily focused on Samus' feminity, which they botched horribly.
>>
>>85109123
Fuck no

>>85108826
I like to think pic related when it comes to personality, ignoring the Other: M shit we got a Samus who is compassionate towards vulnerable creatures, has a sense of justice, likes helping those in need, can be terrible when angry, and isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty when she needs too.

Also she destroys planets like WW breaks necks.
>>
>>85125900
Yeah I get the Mother part but just moving one letter around is retarded if that's the only reason.
>>
>>85126015
Pretty much that. Some people envision a slightly colder version akin more to Bobba Fett, but besides that people generally agree on what her personality would be like. Really makes you question who's writing those "100 head canons" posts.
>>
>>85109982
Most likely Nintendo wanting synergy and for Zamus to be her definite look out of the suit, IMO the animu look doesn't fit Samus at all and neither is making her look like a waifish supermodel.

The look she has in Prime Hunters was fine, I also like pic related, she needs to look strong and feminine, cutesy supermodel Samus is just pure shit.

>>85124420
Wouldn't be surprise if that was Sakamoto's request, he oversaw that game and told Retro what they could and couldn't do for the first game.
>>
>>85120189
XO Manowar even did a Metroid-style variant cover.
>>
>>85122419
>sakamoto was right when he said that everyone having a different idea of samus was bad for the series

If the official story hadn't been complete shit it would have been much better received and you know it.
>>
File: 2d_endings.jpg (45KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
2d_endings.jpg
45KB, 600x340px
>>85111943
>>
>>85126245
>she needs to look strong and feminine, cutesy supermodel Samus is just pure shit.

She doesn't NEED to look like anything in particular since she has the galaxy's most advanced armor on all the time.
>>
File: 4942325-2859989077-42493.jpg (419KB, 888x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4942325-2859989077-42493.jpg
419KB, 888x1920px
>>85126015
Forgot my pic

>>85126244
Nah Samus is not Boba Fett at all, Fett doesn't have much morals or qualms about fucking people over for money, or compassion for strangers, Samus does.

Not that Fett's heart can't be touched but it's hard to do that, Samus also isn't in it for the money like he is.

But anyone who has played Super Metroid, Fusion, and has managed to bother reading the logs in the Prime games knows that Samus is nothing like a cold Boba Fett type.

I guess Captain N comic Samus comes close to that because she wasn't abive torturing or fucking over people but the fact that she loved Kevin made her want to be good (and that is less interesting than a Samus who is good because of of her life experiences and who truly wants to protect the universe, not to mention cliche for a female character).
>>
>>85126128
Japanese titles tend to be kind of stupid and arbitrary.
>>
>>85126244
>Really makes you question who's writing those "100 head canons" posts.

literally only Other M apologists. Maybe there was no consensus on her favorite mixed drink but almost every game except maybe the original had some small glimpses at her personality.

Ask yourself: if there were so many different competing headcanon Samuses, there should have been a few people whose headcanon Samus matched perfectly to the one we got in Other M, right? And yet not even the Dobsons of the world would claim such a thing.
>>
>>85126631
They really love making everything sound flowery and overwrought.
>>
>>85126497
You can say that about every armored character ever but once you show what they look behind that armor it impacts their character.

Also with the shitty disappearing armor Sakamoto gave her when she gwys emotion and her being a braindead moron that is willing to risk cooking alive because a man didn't OK her to use protection I am surprised she manahed to keep herself pretty.

Anyway I am not askimg for bulldyke Samus but cutesy animu waifu bimbo shit ahould stay in fanart land.
>>
>>85122407
i dunno, they seem to acknowledge the new Punch-Out game well
>>
>>85126687
While we're discussing Japanese title practices, why Fate: Stay Night? What the hell does that mean?
It sounds like a coming of age hentai.
>>
>>85126769
>shitty disappearing armor Sakamoto gave her when she gwys emotion
Looks like I missed more shit from that game.
>>
>>85126687
They just grab whatever word sounds cool in English and put it together because it sounds good to them.

Like Kirby Triple Deluxe, Nintendo was told by NoA that the title sounded like something jumbo size that you would order from a restaurant menu and Nintendo didn't give a fuck, told them to go with it anyway.
>>
>>85126945
Honestly, "something jumbo sized that you order from a restaurant" sounds like a pretty fitting Kirby title.
>>
>>85126839
If she gets scared or sad her armor starts disappearing, pretty much anything that makes her emotional is a risk because she needs to concentrate real hard to keep her armor on or some shit.
>>
File: othermcanon.png (37KB, 1310x330px) Image search: [Google]
othermcanon.png
37KB, 1310x330px
>>85126769
>You can say that about every armored character ever

If it's power armor that doesn't require physical strength or stamina to carry or move around in, I can, and I will.

>Also with the shitty disappearing armor Sakamoto gave her when she gwys emotion and her being a braindead moron that is willing to risk cooking alive because a man didn't OK her to use protection I am surprised she manahed to keep herself pretty.

It's your own problem if you actually expect anything in Other M to be coherent or consistent with the other games, or if you try to make logical judgments about the Metroid universe based on what happened in that game.

>cutesy animu waifu bimbo shit ahould stay in fanart land.

That's what she looked like in her first two games though
>>
>>85126945

Triple Deluxe sounds vaguely like it could be referencing the 3D gimmick, so it's still more appropriate than Other M.
>>
>>85122407
>>85126783
Where did this non-canon thing come from? I only heard Sakamoto say that they weren’t going to reference the Prime games in Other: M which makes sense because the Prime games where their own story and it was like a sidequest to the main Metroid story.

Also if anything Ither: M contradicts a lot of shit from the main Metroid games.

Also the shitty Federation Force is aping the Metroid Prime style and Figma already confirmed an upcoming Metroid Prime Samus armor figure OKed by Nintendo and while none of this affects the game's canon it means the Prime aesthetic is being brought back.
>>
>>85122516

pretty sure that was a lie started in some book somebody wrote that was unsourced.
>>
>>85122516
Yeah you read blatant shitposting.
>>
>>85123703

That doesn't make sense because if Prime 4 was made today it would no longer be considered experimental.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>85127015
How did they fuck up power armour this bad? Why not just have it be normal armour?
>>
>>85127094
She was a sprite in the first two games.
>>
>>85127287
Sakamoto really really can't write.
>>
File: 1419803146316.jpg (40KB, 512x307px) Image search: [Google]
1419803146316.jpg
40KB, 512x307px
>>85127333
Yeah but, you know. I don't know.
>>
>>85127287
that armor mechanic logic makes its worst way possible with that PTSD in that Ridley encounter. Come on, Samus faced foes that are as powerful as Ridley in other games, and she is afraid of him suddenly? The better resolution of this plot is to make Ridley do the ambush attack, instead of making Samus suddenly has a panic attack.
>>
File: ShantaeDance4.gif (5KB, 38x41px) Image search: [Google]
ShantaeDance4.gif
5KB, 38x41px
>>85127308
and?
>>
>>85127527

no matter how you slice it, it's dumb that her armor would be designed in such a way that it can become useless in high-stress situations.
>>
>>85126833
Its probably just a mishmash of English words they thought sounded cool. It's like how English writers will use random Latin to seem sophisticated.
>>
>>85127527
Didn't Ridley kill her parents?
>>
>>85127568
I want to fuck that genie.
>>
>>85127873
We all do.
>>
>>85126409
What's Animu about that? It's just a woman with long hair, if anything, with the probable exception of Fusion, they based Samus' look on Kim Basinger.

>Which person is the image closest to [Samus]; was there someone specific?

>Sakamoto: Personally, I like Kim Bassinger from 9 1/2 Weeks and My Stepmother is an Alien.

>Osawa: Yeah, I see that. When Samus gets hit, her voice sounds like her.
>>
>people will be discussing other m's story for years and years, due to how uniquely terrible it was
>every metroid fan now knows who sakamoto is, and what his exact role with the game was. he will always be known as other m guy, despite his efforts of distancing himself from the series
>metroid is now equally popular in america and japan which is to say not at all

was other m the biggest backfire since daikatana?

i think it was worse because at least john romero can say that id got worse without him
>>
>>85127954

I don't. I hate purple hair.
>>
>>85127568
She wasn't even that detailed, she was just a generic woman with long hair, big whoop.
>>
>>85122419
>sakamoto was right when he said that everyone having a different idea of samus was bad for the series.

True, but that is no excuse at all.

>Hey, nobody knows what that brown stuff on the kitchen table is. That's kinda bad. We should replace it with steaming, putrid, vomit-covered shit, so everyone knows what it is!
>>
>>85128138
In that case choose one of the other waifus the games supply
>>
>>85127747
he did, but Samus already kills him several times already.
>>
>>85128064
Other M was so bad it pretty much killed the Metroid franchise for

>>85128143
I always found people basing Samus' look on the older sprites kind of retarded, they had so many limitations that the colors weren't exactly what they wanted nor was the design.

Like the "Samus has green hair" tards, they never intended for her hair to have green hair, that's just the color to let you know what weapon you have switch on, also the ending sprite has brownish looking hair, and they certainly didn't intend for her to have brown hair.
>>
Just keep in her in the damn suit. Who cares what she fucking looks like under it when you spend 99.999% of the game in it.
>>
>>85127747
Yeah but she has killed him so many times without a bleep that her breaking down only on the 5th or 6th time is stupid.

Sakamoto just wanted drama.
>>
>>85128063
more anime than Prime 2 and 3 were
>>
>>85124429
Thats because its fucking disney
>>
>>85127287
Samus's armor has been emotion controlled since Super Metroid.
>>
>>85129624

Example? She doesn't lose her armor due to emotions or anything in that game.
>>
>>85129624
Except that directly counteracts information in Fusion. Also you're completely wrong.
>>
File: sc_npcomics_4-4.jpg (242KB, 840x564px) Image search: [Google]
sc_npcomics_4-4.jpg
242KB, 840x564px
>>85129728
>>
>>85129889

Ah yes, the same canonical document that introduced a blue genderbent Samus guy and had him kill the baby Metroid instead of Mother Brain.
>>
File: orangeblueposters[1].jpg (1MB, 640x1860px) Image search: [Google]
orangeblueposters[1].jpg
1MB, 640x1860px
>>85129938
>>85129889

>blue and orange

also what happened to that meme?
>>
>>85128801
How?

>>85129889
That comic isn't canon but seeing how Sakamoto lifted the orphan Samus thing from it I can see him lifted that emotional armor thing and making the concept worse.
>>
>>85126363
>>85128150
Why are you ignoring the second part of that post?
>>
File: dean_tut_lines_003[1].jpg (42KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
dean_tut_lines_003[1].jpg
42KB, 600x390px
>>85130866

Prime 2's Samus looks like a poor attempt at realism with impossibly yellow hair. I mean, look at that nose. that's the kind of nose that all the weebs would call manly in a "the west has never designed an attractive female character" thread. No one would create a nose like that if they were going for an anime look.

Prime 3 almost looks like something made by Disney. Wait, no it doesn't. Disney would give Samus much larger eyes. It ranks somewhere alongside Blizzard females on the anime scale.

Now, look at Samus's head shape in Metroid 2. Notice anything?
>>
>>85131023

I don't disagree with the assertion that he was wrong about everything else
>>
>>85128372
>Other M was so bad it pretty much killed the Metroid franchise
It killed mainline Metroid which is why it's so strange that it's the Prime fans that are the most angry over it and not the 2D fans.

2D fans should be livid over Other M because no only did it exist INSTEAD of a 2D game, it killed the possibility of ever seeing another one.

I guess that audience just faded away, like mummies.
>>
>>85131313

I dunno what the fuck you're talking about, everyone hated Other M except the really delusional moviebob-tier nostalgiafags and the idiots who still think Nintendo can do no wrong
>>
>>85131313
>>It killed mainline Metroid which is why it's so strange that it's the Prime fans that are the most angry over it and not the 2D fans.

You make it sound as if you can't enjoy the Prime series and the original 2D ones at the same time.
>>
>>85131390
Everyone hated it but you'd think it would be the older fans that would have hated it the most.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.