[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accurate, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (167KB, 600x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
167KB, 600x268px
Accurate, /co/?
>>
>>85089023
It's like Lisa literally take the entire show, because that started to sucks with the huge amount of unfunny pretentious references and cult about universities.
>>
File: Superman hates smokers.jpg (91KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Superman hates smokers.jpg
91KB, 1366x768px
Yes
>>
>>85089023
Not quite, it needs some mention about how nearly every scene/episode centered around Maggie now has to reference Who Shot Mr. Burns in some way (Maggie with a gun, Maggie considering killing someone, etc).
>>
>>85089023
No, it's not 2009 anymore dumbass
>>
>>85089023
Lisa always had the character flaw of being preachy and perhaps even judgemental, but it was tempered by the fact that sometimes she was also just a kid with kid impulses who would get into shenanigans with Bart. Now, she's pretty much written as an adult, but a short adult, with no kiddish elements to her. And she's just there for whenever the writers need a joke that has to do with liberal stuff. She's just Brian Griffyn now,

Bart was a delinquent, but there was something real in his self-control problems and need to rebel. These days, they have him just do exaggerated evil shit like I dunno crushing everybody's cars with a wrecking ball or something.

Homer doesn't even have a personality anymore. He's just there to deliver whatever jokes they need delivered, regardless of what kind of character that joke requires. He's infinitely malleable to the point of not having an identity.

Marge is just... I don't even know, but she's not funny anymore, either.
>>
>>85093311
They made Marge far too overbearing.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 1069x1033px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 1069x1033px
Fixed
>>
>>85093446
>fixed
>2009
>current year
>>
>hurr I think about cartoons differently cuz I'm older now
Every fucking time
>>
File: 1365811439792.png (69KB, 235x176px) Image search: [Google]
1365811439792.png
69KB, 235x176px
Reminder that The Principal and the pauper didn't kill the Simpsons. That episode was produced by Oakley-Weinstein, the characterizations, good humor, etc. were still intact, "classic" in that episode and not yet full retard.

Sure, the plot of Skinner being an impostor was silly, but that episode didn't have things like a ship being bounced out of the water by springs, or Homer being treated as the center of the universe.

It's Mike Scully who truly killed the Simpsons. Season 10 is where the show really died: big name guest stars who always got their ass kissed by the writers (rather than poking fun at themselves as they had in the past), the animation definitely changed, the plots seemed fairly phoned in, a more Saturday morning cartoon feel to it, the whole universe suddenly centers around Homer, Homer becomes incredibly irritating and unfunny, etc.
>>
Not saying I don't understand where you might be coming from, but you might want to take into account that the show is 25 and the characters are something like 27. Kids who identified with Bart when the show premiered are going to identify far more with Homer now. Hell the mean audience age is probably something around 35 or older.
>>
>>85096017
are you dense they changed the personality of the characters same with family guy
>>
>>85096877
Why is the Tamzarian thing received so poorly?
>>
>>85097638
>hurr character development sux
>>
>>85098049
Honestly, I find it to be triggering. They shouldn't have jumped the shark, and they dishonoured a veteran no less.
>>
>>85098267
character development is one thing, flanderisation is another.

kind of fitting that it would have gone this way, huh?
>>
Maybe it's just been too long since I watched the really early seasons, but Bart never seemed like the main character to me.
>>
>>85098049
Because it was fucking stupid and completly destroyed a character background.
>>
>>85100754
I haven't simpsonned in some time, was skinners background that important?
>>
>>85098305
>and they dishonoured a veteran no less
Eh it's okay, it was a 'Nam veteran.
>>
>>85089023
No. Bart never wore the blue shirt on TV.
>>
>>85101178
It wasn't important for anything specific, but it doesn't mean you can just shit on it.

It is seen as precursor to the following problems caused by lack of fucks given.
>>
>>85098049
Imagine if, during the middle of King of the Hill, Dale was revealed to actually be 100% competent and was secretly a government agent making sure that Redcorn's bloodline could continue to go on, but sympathise with the white man so they couldn't get back ALL of thier land, which the government needs for secret purposes.

The humour of Skinner being a stick in the mud bumbling principal who's constantly thwarted by a grade schooler is shattered when you find out that he was never a stick in the mud bumbling principal, but just someone pretending to be someone who wanted to be one.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.