[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers Combiner Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

Episode 1 just came out on go90. How'd you like it?

5 minute format is disappointing and Windblade is terrible as usual.
>>
>>85084865

Didn't make it past the trailer.

>Windblade is Windblade in WINDBLADE: THE STORY OF WINDBLADE, starring Windblade

Nah.
>>
>>85085183
How bad is she?
I seem to recall people voted for her to be a telepath
Is she actually a telepath of a fake telepath?
>>
>>85084865
I'd watch it, but I'm not in Electionland2016.
>>
>>85085295
Ehhhhh, she talks to a specific sub species of Cybertronian mentally. There is only about 13 or 14 members of said sub species.
>>
>>85085295
I like her. Ofcourse, as fan-created character, she's automatically a fan-favorite, which means /co/ hates her.

She's a telepath, in the sense that she's a city-speaker, meaning she can communicate with the God-minds of Metroplex and the like. Most of his ilk, including Metroplex himself, are no longer in a state where they can communicate directly, so they needs their city-speakers to relay their words for them.
>>
>>85085489
>Ofcourse, as fan-created character, she's automatically a fan-favorite, which means /co/ hates her.
/toy/ doesn't much care for her either.
>>
>>85086014
She has a hollow body if you turn her sideways and balance issues
>>
Windblade... I don't think that we are supposed to like her at all. I mean, at least, that's the impression that I got from the episode. In this episode she just comes across as a monster and even though the whole 'you are like me' bit was too much, I think ultimately, that's what the series is going to be like.

Your expectations for these characters are going to be pulled out from under you. Optimus is no longer the leader of the Autobots or the right leader for the time, Starscream is going to be a good ruler and is going to do what is best for Cybertron... Or at least, I hope that's going to be the case.
>>
>Available only in Murrica fuck yeah
Was it any better than the trailer? The voice acting made me cringe.
>>
>>85087175

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YHxMeGDdqs

The Youtube is international.
>>
>>85085489
>Most of his ilk, including Metroplex himself, are no longer in a state where they can communicate directly, so they needs their city-speakers to relay their words for them.

Which is pretty funny, since before they introduced her, all the one's we saw could speak just fine. Hell, Metroplex got fucked over just so she could have someone to talk to.
>>
>>85087230
Thanks. Have they said how many episodes there will be in the series and are they all going to be 5 minutes long?
>>
>>85087230
>Menasor, and Computron go down really easily.

This is off to a great start.
>>
>>85087457
Windblade's energy sword has been folded 1000 times

Or Combiners are a really dumb idea that provide no defensive upgrades and therefore just make for a big target

What really bugs me is that they didn't split up to fire from all directions
>>
>>85087684
>Windblade's energy sword has been folded 1000 times

I get the feeling that's what they're going for. Her sword is super special and can cut through anything, or something.
>>
>>85087230

So first ep is
>Introducing Edgy windblade NOW MORE EDGY THAN USUAL
>symbolic insignia crush
>that "you are like me" thing
>OC that had 30 secs of screen time

Oh boy i hope it gets better, also the five minute format?

I kinda expected 10 mins at least
>>
Ok, this was awful. The combiners weren't the least bit menacing, Windblade is a psycho, the voices were worse than average, and this was barely long enough for a prologue scene, certainly not for a full episode. Looks like Honest trailers, sorry, Optimus will be next.
>>
Anyone have a stream or download link?
>>
>>85088948

>>85087230
>>
>>85089025
Try again
>>
>>85086257
>Starscream is going to be a good ruler and is going to do what is best for Cybertron
heh.
>>
Where can I find it?
>>
>>85091261
>>85087230
>>
>>85087230
"This video is not available"

any mirrors?
>>
>>85085295
Windblade in the comics is a naive, idealistic diplomat who gets forced to play dirty and compromise her ideals to win the political games she gets caught up in. I like her.
Windblade in this is generic grimdark badass who's racist towards combiners and is motivated by MUH RHODEY.
>>
File: 1468781968603.jpg (25KB, 234x163px) Image search: [Google]
1468781968603.jpg
25KB, 234x163px
>>85086257
>Starscream is going to be a good ruler and is going to do what is best for Cybertron

>MFW I start having flashbacks to how much the Unicron Trilogy wanked on starscream's popularity
>>
>>85085489

Windblade is a fan built character, fans ''''''voted''''''' for it.

I think Hasbro had a lot more of Windblade in mind like her kabuki inspired design, another concept art showed her as a knight, these were features the fans did not vote for, more fans would have went with the knight motif.

Windblade is really a companies attempt at a fan character.
>>
>>85091781

I agree the CW series version is the worst.

Comic Windblade is stupidly naive but she's sometimes likeable, the RID cartoon version i enjoy most though. mostly cause she's a magical girl on a mission from god.
>>
>>85091781
Why does Windblade care about some guy from another company?
>>
>>85091901
What would /co/'s ideal transformer be?
>>
I really wouldn't mind Windblade being Your New Favourite Character so much if she had ANY consistent personality features. So far we've had IDW's idealist diplomat, RID's dedicated young meguca with no characteristics, Takara's airheaded bimbo, and this thing's murderbitch. At least G1 characters tend to keep a few features between incarnations, unless they're called Shockwave.
>>
>>85084865
It's shit, my fanfic is better than this and it's only about one page.
>>
>>85092000
/co/ can't agree on shit.
Probably either a character with an interesting personality quirk who wasn't pushed as the coolest and most badass, or a megaslut.
>>
>>85092089
>Takara's airheaded bimbo
Shame that's not the IDW version. Would go well with her favorite writer.
>>
>>85092861
Yeah, keep pushing that meme, faggot, we're totally not all sick of it.
>>
>>85087230
>computron going down like a chump

the fuck?
>>
>>85092990
Is it really a meme if it's one person desperately trying to make it happen?
>>
>video not available

I'm from burgerstan though
>>
>>85092089
To be fair, TF Legends Windblade's personality is not her true one put one that an overcompensating closeted tiger taught her. Natively is closer to RiD Windblade if she lost humor and went solely higher power's execution incarnate.
>>
>>85093208
same here
>>
>>85084865
It was easily the worst Transformers related media I've seen in a long time. The only good thing was the designs of the characters and even that didn't prevent it from being awful.
>>
File: 1444116197131.jpg (37KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1444116197131.jpg
37KB, 500x273px
>>85092000

A grumpy old man bot with a spear. Transforms into a space-ballista of some sort

An unaligned paranoid conspiracy theorist who turns into the Avro Arrow
Thinks he's the key/knows too much about a bunch of things. Often is more right than wrong, but in an entirely sideways manner
Something based off MorPhex or a hexapod tank
>>
>>85085183

Too redundant
>>
>>85086014

Yeah, well Transformers fans by nature are an extremely negative and irrational lot.

I'm quite okay with her
>>
>>85098216
Wanting her to be able to stand without too much effot doesn't seem absurd
>>
>>85098216
That's nice, Maggie. Now make sure TAAO doesn't suck this month.
>>
File: RID_Strongarm.png (604KB, 579x819px) Image search: [Google]
RID_Strongarm.png
604KB, 579x819px
>>85092000
Strongarm
>>
File: smug Starscream.jpg (75KB, 434x432px) Image search: [Google]
smug Starscream.jpg
75KB, 434x432px
>>Fans demand darker series aimed at an older crowd.

>>Fans are given darker series aimed at an older crowd.

>>MFW fans complain even when given what they ask for.

Oh Transfags. Do you EVER tire of being oh so predictable?
>>
>>85098401

My name isn't Maggie and I don't worrk for any comic company.

But is IS most amusing that because Im NOT stooping to the usual negativity and shit-flinging that has come to be the primary characteristic of the fandumb, that somehow Im associated with making it.

Criticizing one side of an argument does not mean support for the other or being a part of it.
>>
>>85098335

An issue easily fixed with a tiny doll stand from Hobby Lobby for $1.50.

I don't complain. I DO something about it.
>>
>>85098728
I didn't know darker meant shittier
>>
>>85091992

Whatever are you blathering on about?
>>
File: Smug Tomoko.png (88KB, 287x288px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Tomoko.png
88KB, 287x288px
>>85099041

There's that trademark inability to ever be positive about anything again.
>>
>>85098525
top waifu
>>
>>85099172
I can still be positive but that doesn't change the fact that it's shit, it just might get better.
>>
>>85092000
I don't know about "ideal" but I'd like to see a southern 'bot that isn't a total stereotype. Or at least not one of the usual stereotypes like "redneck" or "tough gun nut."

Make him a classic looking pickup truck, I feel like there aren't too many of those.
>>
>auto-tune menasor
>>
>bought bruticus combiner wars toy
>on its way
does he show up? Ive been recently getting back into TF
>>
Meh. Still better than RiD.

Can't even afford lip synch, guys?
>>
>>85084865
does it have Ratchet?
Is he Jeffery Combs still?
because that was fantastic.
>>
>>85101981
Probably not, and definitely not.
>>
I like IDW Windblade. Scott's pacing is all over the place but I think Windblade's character arc has been pretty strong so far. She started out as well-intentioned and naive but was always more on the skeptical side.

I find the contrast between Windblade and Aileron especially interesting.

TAAO definitely sucks so far though aside from the art (the only downside of which is its early 2000s anime digicolor palette). I liked Windblade v2 pretty well all things considered. The rushed pace was kind of refreshing compared to how glacial the other books can be sometimes. But Scott needs to stop trade-writing "mysteries." They're all terribly paced and the reveals are never satisfying.
>>
>>85102191
>TAAO definitely sucks so far though aside from the art
>Aside from the art and Combaticons
I fixed it for you.
Better late than never.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (256KB, 1078x1500px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
256KB, 1078x1500px
>>85098525
But is she hot, poisonous, and deadly?
>>
File: Strongarm_smile.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Strongarm_smile.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>85098525
Best answer
>>
File: stretchtux1a.jpg (41KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
stretchtux1a.jpg
41KB, 480x352px
>>85092000
Stretch/Tux from Gobots.
>>
>>85101756
He's going to be in "till all are one" in a few issues since the covers already spoiled it.
>>
>>85084865
Windblade is a member of the kkk
kombiner killing klub
>>
>>85091781
Also Windblade in RiD is the areal ace who's got spunk but has been solo for so long she's forgotten what it's like to be on a team and has to get used to not doing things "her way"
She's pretty good.
>>
File: 1432962394659.png (227KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1432962394659.png
227KB, 572x380px
>>85084865
>bad animation
>bad voice acting
>forced "drama"
>windblade windblade WINDBLADE
>>
>>85104273
Thicker
>>
>>85102191

You have some shit taste.

TAAO has actual been good unlike Windblade 2.
>>
File: dogvom.jpg (156KB, 618x604px) Image search: [Google]
dogvom.jpg
156KB, 618x604px
>>85084865
>Menasor's voice
>>
>>85111990
Then only good part was when he smashed Computron's head in and called him a nerd.

Although I don't get why Nosecone and the others were killed when Scattorshot should have been the only one killed by a headshot. Same for Menasor- Wildrider, Breakdown, and Dragstrip should have been fine.
>>
>>85112014
Because they didn't have the money to show transformations or individual robot modes
>>
>>85092000
Some dude who transforms into a stealth bomber and is basically Starscream but edgier. At the end of the first season he successfully kills Megatron and mindrapes every other Decepticon. Season 2 haves a pair of Decepticons who managed to get away before Edgescream (tentative name) could brainwash them switching sides and the Autobots have to stop his crazy plan which consists of taking over Cybertron by building a Trypticon clone on every city.

At the end it's revealed that he did all of that because he haves low self-esteem. Season 1 often had the other Decepticons taking credit for every thing he did or suggested, so he lost his trust on other people and started believing that mass brainwashing was the only way he could succeed.
>>
>>85111990

Dashie is awful as Menasor, a total miscast.

I actually think Windblade's voice is the only decent one here.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.