[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghostbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So I find it weird that Ghostbusters had a sequel, a video game, two cartoons and a shitload of comics.

I mean, the movie ends with the Ghostbusters kicking god's ass, where do you go from there?
>>
>>85079514
You milk it for all it's worth.

That's why Sony is making a cinematic universe out of Ghostbusters.
>>
>>85079514
Kicking A god's ass.

No big deal.
>>
>>85079804
Isn't Gozer technically superior to the Christian god? Not only did it casually destroy a monument dedicated to the Christian god, it did so in the form of a cuddly marketing mascot.

Plus you know, unlike the christian god... Gozer exists within that universe beyond the shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>85079570
>That's why Sony was making a cinematic universe out of Ghostbusters.
FTFY
>>
>>85079972
>Isn't Gozer technically superior to the Christian god?
Not particularly? There's no proof one way or another if God exists in the ghostbusters universe as far as I'm aware of, and if He does there's no window of reference for his power.

You forget that God's not above letting some places of worship get destroyed to teach his people a lesson.
>>
>>85080117
The bible itself is quite frank about Yahweh not being the only god out there, what with 'Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me' and all that jazz.

Still, even if the Christian god isn't the only dude on the deity block, he has many, many more houses than virtually any of the others. One of them getting stepped upon by a moldy old Sumerian throwing a snitfit doesn't rate his doing anything, particularly what with humanity allegedly having free will and proving (as it turned out) capable of defending itself without intervention.
>>
>>85079972
>>85080117
>>85080242

Maybe Gozer is the Christian God?
>>
>>85080461
Naw, he's Sumerian, Yahweh was Israeli. Gozer wasn't Yahweh any more than Baal or Ishtar were.
>>
>>85079514
Technically they lucked out on a risky gamble by matter of circumstance.

-the portal structure was still active and the door did swing both ways
-Crossing the streams could very well have killed them even if it did still shunt Gozer back through the door and destroy the portal behind it
-Gozer's Destructor Form was only capable of being big and smashing stuff. It came with no other armament and defense other than being gooey. The military could have theoretically taken it down at cost in an urban space
-They survived, scraped by and took cover enough not to die horribly in a blast that took out said marshmallow man

You just keep working, that's where you go.
>>
One could easily argue that the Ghosbusters themselves were part of God's greater plan, since it is a bit convenient that these three scientiests came up with such cientific discoveries at the exact moment Gozer finally got his way into our world.
>>
Hey, people die everyday.
>>
>>85080499
All them mudslime countries seem the same to me.
>>
>>85079514
Kicking Satan's ass.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.