[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that when South Park made fun of extreme political

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Bordertown.jpg (135KB, 900x493px) Image search: [Google]
Bordertown.jpg
135KB, 900x493px
Why is it that when South Park made fun of extreme political correctness, they got nothing but praise for it, but when Seth MacFarlane tried to do it with Bordertown, everyone completely shat on it?
>>
>>85067418
It wasn't making fun of political correctness though, if anything it was doing the opposite
>>
>>85067418
South Park has variety in its joke while bordertown was MEXICANS LMAO!
>>
>>85067418
Because South Park put some fucking effort into it.
>>
>>85067418
How many episodes did that show even air before it was cancelled, three?

Seriously, I heard about it, ignored it and then seen that it was cancelled soon after. How bad were the ratings?
>>
Because unlike Seth MacFaggot, Trey and Matt are actually funny.
>>
>>85067582
Technically it aired the whole first season before they canned it, but ratings went down the toilet after the third episode, it's likely Fox had decided to kill it months before they actually announced the cancellation.
>>
>>85067548
>>85067583

While Seth is a hack, claiming Matt and Trey are better is pure delusion
>>
>>85067418
I watched one unfunny episode and continued to slaughter my eyes for a few more episodes trying to give it a chance. Truly awful material that should've stayed stalled in preproduction
>>
>>85067418
we loved bordertown though
>>
>>85067784
>Matt and Trey are better is pure delusion
Even if you don't like Modern South Park (which is still is fairly decent) Matt and Trey during their peak were far and beyond funnier then Seth ever was.
>>
>>85067418
Going from left to right, how correct am I on these characters and their personalities?

>Mexican Grandparents
Old timers that see their sons as a failure and are somehow the wise ones. Will call every white person they see a gringo.

>Guy holding the pineapple drink
Is the Secondary character's brother and is jealous of him and get's into illegal schemes in Las Vegas.

>Punk kid with the goatee and hair
Is smart but always in trouble and doesn't apply himself. Has a band.

>Wife
Always a nagging bitch that speaks Spanish when she's really mad.

>Kid with the soccer ball
Retarded as hell, but is really great at the sport of soccer and they see him as a way to get them out of poverty

>Guy in the Green
Cool dude that's friends with everyone but deep down despises his family's ways, or something of that nature.

>MC
Is terrible at his job but somehow he's still the best one at it because everybody else is even worse.

>Redhead holding soda
Probably a drunk and in general lives vicariously through that kid next to her

>Blond toddler
This kid goes through beauty pageants and has that ole' "Southern Debutant/Belle" attitude in spades

>Mexican Border police agent
Is actually great at his job, but is still somehow looked over for advancement, but still does his best because he's a Mexican border security agent

>Couple holding each other
Liberal as hell and are the mouthpiece for Seth and are complete douches that are always right

>Guy with mullet and hat
Racist/Redneck stereotypex9/11 and a conspiracy theorist to boot, but has a heart of gold

>That Coyote with a shovel
Is the true voice of reason and always gives out sage advice, before running off.
>>
>>85067418
The difference is one of them is funny, the other is not.

When a show is funny no one gives a shit about the subject matter.
>>
>>85067418
Did Seth really have much to do with this show?
>>
File: 3southmtv[1].png (124KB, 455x335px) Image search: [Google]
3southmtv[1].png
124KB, 455x335px
>>85067418
did it have any 3 south references/cameos?
>>
>>85068346
What does Seth even do on his shows anymore, besides voice acting? Does he create the concepts and then run off and let the writers do whatever they want?
>>
File: becky buckwald.png (272KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
becky buckwald.png
272KB, 475x355px
>>85068228
>Blond toddler
>Couple holding each other
>Guy with mullet and hat
These are spot on. Missed the mark on everything else, though.

>>85068368
Pic related, one of the main characters looks and sounds exactly like a minor character from 3 South. Same name, too.
>>
>>85069388
>These are spot on. Missed the mark on everything else, though.
I got three right, that's better than expected.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.