[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamala KHAAAAAAN!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 38

File: Kamala-Khan-01.jpg (32KB, 636x359px) Image search: [Google]
Kamala-Khan-01.jpg
32KB, 636x359px
Will people remember her?
>>
Yeah but in that Jaime Blue Beetle way where a small, rabid fanbase is desperate for more of her. It'll be bittersweet.
>>
It depends.
She's cute, but she doesnt resound with the Marvel core of consumers yet. Marvel's done plenty of 'young heroes' comic books, like that kid with the Sentinel as his pet, the young black Captain America teen, Patriot, and so many others.They generally dont 'hit' home.

Now, Miss Marvel MIGHT be on to something. She's got some appeal, she straight forward SJW diversity appeal and push and she's also got some appeal for the core, because the stories are cute.

But cute only goes so far. She needs to get her CORE storylines, soon. Something strong and powerful that makes her more than a memetic , underpowered young teen hero. She needs a strong storyline that sticks to people's minds, and cements her as a strong character with drama chops as well as comedy.

She needs a defining arc that hits home, her Death of Gwen Stacy moment.
>>
>>85047558
Jaime got screwed over by the n52-boot throwing out his strong first solo rather than just picking up right where it left off
>>
>>85047548
Honestly, they may have to kill off Carol and have her take the only Marvel title for about 5 years for that to happen.
>>
>>85047548
Ms. Mohammad?

No.
>>
>>85047666
I also find it hilarious that Kamala also has NO background or anything related to Carol's legacy other than she likes Carol.

It's super underwhelming, but it does make it clear she's not a legacy character.

Another problem is her powerset. It's so underwhelming as to be problematic.The writers have ALREADY weakened her by stating that she more she gets wounded, the more her morphing/stretching abilities get compromised and less malleable. So, as a brawler, her regeneration ability compromising her primary skill set means that her lifespan as a hero will be very fucking short.

If that's what they're going for- a hero slowly losing her powers? Shoot, that's cool. But I dont think they're gonna go for that drama angle.

Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.

Aside from Nova. That kid's got the suffering game down.
>>
Only Sam and maybe Robbie will survive the SJW age
>>
>>85047727
Sounds like Miles too.

Its like they're empty characters defined by who they hang out with. WTF?
>>
>>85047727
It's sad for how long these characters have been going, only Sam has actually had to do anything difficult in his solo.
>>
>>85047727
>Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.

This is actually sort of a selling point. Some people prefer the "constant smaller problems" angle to a superhero life than the "BIG HUGE CRUSHING THING every now and then" angle. Part of Kamala's appeal is from being someone trying to stay afloat with a million things to do and still do the right thing, rather than huge melodramatic events.

Also, let's be honest, not sure anyone writing at Marvel right now even knows how to do the press hero to the limit thing without killing a bunch of secondary characters for "lol shock value" and cheap drama, and seeing how Kamala is one of the few Marvel characters that still HAS a fucking functional supporting cast, I don't want to risk it.
>>
>>85047605
>>85048433
Well, they did just blow up Bruno.
>>
Radical extremist arc when?
>>
Probably.

She's the most successful Teen Hero they've had since the Young Avengers, really. She's going to be showing up in the Cartoons soon too, so she's pretty solid.

Of Marvel's teens, she has as many appearances in games as Kate Bishop, Miles Morales, Sam Alexander, and X-23.

Only Squirrel Girl has more.

Below her include Quake, Wiccan, Amadeus Cho, Nico Minoru, and (believe it or not) Thor Girl.

Of those, only Amadeus Cho, Quake, Squirrel Girl, Sam Alexander, X-23, and Miles Morales have shown up in cartoons so far.

Sam and X-23 having started in Cartoons are a bit of a cheat.
>>
>>85048352
Ironically Sam is the character no one gives shit about & is the most likely one to get done away with.
>>
>>85047548
Stinky smelly sandniggress
>>
>>85047548

At this point, it would almost be impossible for them to fuck up badly enough for her to disappear completely. It's still possible for her to fall into obscurity, but in twenty years time, people who read comics will at least know about her. She'll be Dazzler or Cloak and Dagger tier at the very least.
>>
>>85048352
>another Samfag not bothering to read the comics
>>
>>85049886
calm down manchild, she isn't real
>>
>>85047558
Her fanbase may be small, but she's got big powers.
>>
They spent so much effort promoting her it's hard to imagine.
>>
>>85049936
>Dazzler or Cloak and Dagger tier
you mean occasional beat up or say two lines cameo tier?
>>
>>85047727
>Aside from Nova. That kid's got the suffering game down.
I can't wait for this meme to end.
>>
>>85051293
They're gonna go rabid once Marvel starts phasing him out.
>>
>>85047727
Of all the things you mentioned, power set is least problematic. There are dozens of ways to write around or just plain forget her power limitations. Just look at wolverine who started out as needing days to recover from bullets and Hulk fights.
>>
Marvel isn't pushing her nearly as hard as Sam or Miles. It's kind of strange, really.
>>
>>85052291
Yeah they are...
>>
They went way too fast with her, I think. She went from literal nobody in a makeshift costume with only a basic understanding of her abilities and what she wanted to do with them to Avenger in less than a year. They got all the Inhuman bullshit out of the way quickly and haven't really brought it up since, which could be a good or bad thing depending, but the problem is that we have a girl who's been a member of the Avengers and yet is still barely out of the gate as a hero.
>>
>>85047548
Probably not, it's Marvel after all.
>>
>>85052291
It's a shame because she's the only one I like.
>>
>>85049314
Cho showed up in a cartoon? Neat.
>>
>>85047727
>I also find it hilarious that Kamala also has NO background or anything related to Carol's legacy other than she likes Carol.
If you want to stretch it, Kamala is Inhuman so in a way, she draws her powers back to the Kree and the most important part of being a "Marvel" is a kree connection.
>>
>>85057113
He was in Ultimate Spider-man as the Iron Spider... for some fucking reason. He was also in that Black Widow/Punisher anime.
>>
File: 1469909095882.jpg (530KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1469909095882.jpg
530KB, 1600x1230px
>>85047548
>Will people remember her?

Every day.

It's the kind of superhero story that I wish we had more of in the west. Borderline magical girl.
People wring their hands that Marvel is too cartoony and not very serious sometimes. I disagree, I think Marvel should strive to be more cartoony, as all of their writers suck shit at writing serious. That's why I think Ms. Marvel has been one of their most successful reboots.

Now, as long as they don't pull her into any more stupid Bendis shit, I'd be more than happy to keep buying her comics electronically.
>>
>>85052354
This

I feel like there is still time to save her, though. Like, even though the build-up has been immense, there is still time to step it back down to realistic power levels before it goes out of control and she's fighting Thanos or some crazy shit.

I think power creep is what ends up killing most non-established superheroes.
>>
>>85051293
>>85051814
Lol
Sam is here for the long run. Kamala is trash compared to him.
>>
>>85047727
>Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.
I remember Nova fighting a raging black and red Hulk during Axis and he got fucking wrecked, he and his helmet. He was punched in Arizona and landed in France. He only won by being really clever.
He's far from Miles and his fucking venom blast.
>>
>>85060428
>>85052354
>>85048433

Yeah, all her stories have been cutesy little adventure smoke something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. None of its been compelling at all. She needs something tragic and character defining, something that comes up again and again. It also doesn't help that every hero she meets bends over backwards for her.

>>85048769

Apparently no one cares about infidel meat man.
>>
>>85061187
Richard is coming back soon.
How long do you really think Sam will stick around after that? Nothing's he's been on has been successful.
Sam is headed towards obscurity very quickly
>>
>>85061736
It'll be a Hal/Kyle situation
>>
File: images (5).jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>85047548
>>
File: 1455249495251.png (269KB, 205x520px) Image search: [Google]
1455249495251.png
269KB, 205x520px
>>85061187
>mfw Sam will be gone soon
>>
Where the fuck are the cut pictures?
>>
>>85061906
Let's keep Dick in space rebuilding the Corp while Sam stays on Earth- with, f course, the occasional cameo\visit to the HQ
>>
>>85062261
You just know Brevoort and Loeb have to be pissed.
>>
>>85048076
>Robbie
He didn't even survive and year and a half
>>
>>85062308
Problem with that for Sam is that he's just gonna be on team books from now on, since we already know Richard will be the focus for the main Nova book.
None of Sam's team books have lasted. He's coming up on the third one after 3 years. Champions won't last long either. Sam's gonna be going into obscurity soon.
>>
File: Franku Cries.png (90KB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
Franku Cries.png
90KB, 350x192px
>>85062261
>MFW Sam will be gone soon and the OG 5 Muties are here to stay.
>>
>>85062564
Do any of them except Cyclops do anything anymore?
>>
File: 1469423960614.jpg (92KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1469423960614.jpg
92KB, 410x410px
>>85062761
No
>>
>>85061676
>Yeah, all her stories have been cutesy little adventure smoke something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. None of its been compelling at all. She needs something tragic and character defining, something that comes up again and again. It also doesn't help that every hero she meets bends over backwards for her.

Hahah, You're joking, right?

Funny joke if so, hilarious misunderstanding of the character or why people like her if not.

If people want to shoehorn her into something akin to The Killing Joke while Bendis is still at the wheel, they should be prepared to burn their Ms. Marvel copies that they'll have clogging up warehouses in the near future.
>>
>>85061187
>Sam is here for the long run. Kamala is trash compared to him.

lol

Unless you're wanking over power levels, there really is no place where Sam outdoes her on anything. Her stories are better, her books are better, she's just a superior character overall.
>>
>>85063700
this, really
it's why putting her in civil war part deux was an awful idea. she isn't meant for that kind of storyline unless shenanigans are afoot.
>>
>>85063763
I really don't understand why Sam's fans seem to think Marvel will pair him with Kamala. They have no chemistry and she clearly doesn't like him.
Marvel won't be keeping Sam for much longer.
>>
>>85047548
The better question is will people remember Reed Richards?
>>
>>85064727
and now someone will post the panel of sam's mom saying a girl telling you she hates you means she has a crush on you
>>
>>85052291
Literal confirmation that 'pushing' just means 'I'm seeing a lot of this character I don't like'.
>>
>>85064727
They hope they'll be paired together so that Sam can leech off Kamala and last longer than he would normally.
>>
>>85065444
There is nothing redeeming about Sam. He's been around for years and NO ONE gives a fuck about him. Let him go, Loeb.
>>
>>85065444
Sam is too good to fuck a gross girl from Jersey
>>
>>85058990
>Every day.

This. I think she's here to stay.

In fact, I suspect in a few years, she'll drop the Ms. Marvel name for good and be her own hero.
>>
I'm pretty young and have been reading comics for maybe four years now.
I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero, I think she's really great and hope she has great runs in the future
>>
>>85065860
We're getting there. Richard coming back is the first step to Sam being phased out, but after all the work Marvel put into him, he won't go quietly.
I'm betting there's gonna an event down the line where he dies and it infuriates Richard for some reason.
>>
>>85065983
>I'm pretty young and have been reading comics for maybe four years now.
>I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero

See this, /co/? This is what it's all about. Comics for the next generation.

People around here tend to be vocal about hating young people.
>>
>>85065983
>I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero
Is that really saying much though?
I'm pretty far removed from the MRA faggotry that bleeds over to this place, and but I don't have any female capeshit books on my shelf besides her.
A lot of bitches don't really get books and when they do 99% of them are mediocre to garbage.

I'm saving space for the Azzerello Wonder Woman Absolute edition in 6 months though.
>>
>>85066316
>I'm pretty far removed from the MRA faggotry

You don't sound like it.
>>
>>85066351
How so?
>>
>>85066730
You used the word bitches to refer to women as a demographic.
Although, to be honest you just sound like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>85066730
>>85066730
>How so?

Well
>A lot of bitches don't really get books
>A lot of bitches

Was that really necessary? Really ask yourself that question before you get triggered.
>>
File: nfg.gif (1MB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
nfg.gif
1MB, 500x286px
>>85067300
>>85067359
Wew.
I use niggas to refer to dudes as a demographic too, it's how I talk informally on and off 4chan. I'm sorry for being raised on late 90s hip-hop.

I'm literally complaining that girl characters don't get enough books, but I guess that isn't enough to make up for offhandedly using a mildly-pejorative term once.
>>
>>85067739
>it's how I talk informally on and off 4chan.

And you're...proud of this?
>>
File: 1469642254817.jpg (553KB, 1135x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1469642254817.jpg
553KB, 1135x1469px
I love Kamala and her stupid hulk hands.
>>
>>85067852
People speak the way they speak, stop being triggered that people are different from you.

Not even that Anon.
>>
They completely ruined her by putting her on the avengers. The first arc of the current run was decent enough because it was her dealing with jersey problems while expanding upon her background cast like Bruno and Mike. The second arc was a lot weaker because it was a typical 'i'm overworked oh no' story because they just HAD to put her in the Avengers. The third and current arc is a piece of shit thanks Bendis.
>>
>>85048803
Pretty sure they already did that before Secret Wars
>>
>>85049314
>Sam and X-23 having started in Cartoons are a bit of a cheat.
Sam was not in a cartoon first
>>
>>85067852
I'm okay with it.
If my use of unaffected slang is on the shortlist of the problems people have with me then we were probably never going to get along anyway.

The people that would dare complain are the same people contributing to Drake's album sales where he does the same thing, so yeah. I don't give a fuck. See above gif, homie.
>>
>>85068021
>The third and current arc is a piece of shit thanks Bendis.
That says more about Kamala's writer than it does Bendis, the Totally Awesome Hulk issue dealing with Banner's death was pretty good even if 90% of it was just shitting on Carol. Hell, even Miles' book had a decent CW II issue and that's written by Bendis himself.
>>
>>85068110
>I'm okay with it.

But not proud.
>>
>>85068255
I'm proud of a lot of things, use of slang isn't really one of them.

Wanna hear my mixtape tho?
>>
I just cant get....anything out of Kamala.
She's got some funny stories, but I'm really horribly, put off by how OOC every mainline character has been to accomodate her and treat her like she's special. Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, Carol, just fucking EVERYONE treating her like she's gonna be great and they love her- when just a few years ago, they were literally shitting on the Runaways, Young Avengers, Juston...

Now they're treating Miles and Kamala all special, like they're in any way important. My question is WHY? It stinks of weird shit. I mean, you've got guys like Sam, the new Nova, who's fought opponents TONS tougher than either of them, who's nearly died for the team, but he gets no respect.

I mean, It just makes no sense considering how SPECIAL they treat those other two fucking kids.

Is it because he white?
>>
>>85068489
It's because nobody cares about same irl. Why waste time hyping him up in other books?
>>
File: 1465243241360.jpg (184KB, 736x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1465243241360.jpg
184KB, 736x1131px
Kamal is cute

CUTE

But in all seriousness she's the Peter Parker for the new generation. It's also neat that she comes from a fan's perspective and I like that her storylines are very comfy.
>>
>>85068489
>Sam, the new Nova, who's fought opponents TONS tougher than either of them, who's nearly died for the team, but he gets no respect.
Because of Sean Ryan being a shitty writer. Before him if Sam did something good and others knew about it he'd be appreciated for it.
>>
>>85047605
I consider her meeting with wolverine to be a rather defining event but she does need something more.
>>
>>85068601
>>85068564
Not only that, why is he treated like a punk?

Isnt he the new Nova?
Last I remember, he was fucking powerful. Gravimetric control, high tier super strength , can open warp gates...

Shouldnt he be considered a MUCH more important person to recruit and respect, considering he SHOULD be able to one shot Miles or Kamala?

Last I recall, Richard Rider could TAKE ON an enhanced Silver Surfer and defeat armies by himself.

Is this Nova just shit in comparison?
>>
Kamala is the first comic from Marvel that I've actually followed in a long long time. She doesn't feel like a chore.

She actually got me interested in reading other books from Marvel.
>>
>>85048433
I have to agree.
>>
When will Disney give her a movie??
>>
>>85068735
Shitty writing, no one knows what to do with him, he shouldn't have been a Nova.
>>
>>85051293
It may be a meme but its also true
>>
>>85068797
I dont mind good fun and comedy, but she's a superhero. Is this comedy and funtimes that all she is?

Everything will just go great for her forever?
Man, must be nice being a girl hero in modern comics. I remember when Carol got raped by her own future unborn son, and when Sue Dibny got raped by Doctor Light.

I guess the current age is the happy go lucky camp age?
>>
>>85068904
>I guess the current age is the happy go lucky camp age?

What makes you think books about people in colorful underwear should be grim and serious?
>>
>>85052354
Im am happy they got the inhuman stuff out of the way quickly but yeah she went way to fast
>>
>>85051177

Yes, that tier. Again, I'm saying that's the worst she can do at this point.

The point is, she won't be completely forgotten (or completely forgotten outside of Wikipedia and a half-dozen semi-ironic fans) like, for example, the lesser X-kids.
>>
>>85068885
No it fucking isn't.
>>
>>85061187

You may like him better, but Sam doesn't have nearly the popular following that Kamala does.
>>
>>85068885
Every character goes through tough shit. Sam isn't special because of that
>>
>>85068904
They were silly melodrama silver age shit, it not actually serious and just a fluff as modern stuff.
>>
>>85065972
>In fact, I suspect in a few years, she'll drop the Ms. Marvel name for good and be her own hero.

Not going to happen. It's part of her brand now. They might try to distance her from it every once in a while, but they try to change Spider-Man's costume every once in a while too - and it never sticks. People will remember her as Ms. Marvel forever.
>>
>>85068943
>What makes you think books about people in colorful underwear should be grim and serious?
Watchmen was in '86, anon. Most of us started reading comics after that.

For 20 years everything was about darkness and grittiness and edginess while still being colorful and vibrant. It that came to ruin comics in the 90s and subsequently make people take them more seriously in the early 2001s.

The resurgence of 'fun' and unashamed camp just happened in the past 10 years or so, Marvel's taken it too far now and DC's just figuring out how it works.
>>
>>85069051
What 'tough shit' has Kamala gone through?

Has she nearly died after receiving a beatdown from a near unstoppable rage machine?

Has she lost an arm and an eye after being betrayed by her best friend?

Has she lost her boyfriend after a sadistic enemy found her secret identity and threw him off a bridge?

How about if her worst enemy found out her best friend and beat him to death with a crowbar while laughing?

No?Then she hasnt endured shit.
>>
>>85065340
That sounds retarded
>>
>>85069209
I remember a lot of pouches, everyone looking constipated and gold foil no.1s of everything.
>>
File: 1441830590245.jpg (312KB, 619x975px) Image search: [Google]
1441830590245.jpg
312KB, 619x975px
>>85069118
If Dick can get rebranded to Nightwing, Ms. Marvel can become...uh....Jersey Girl?
>>
>>85069118
I think every single kid hero who liked or worked with Carol was distanced from her at the first opportunity. I'll be surprised if Ms. Marvel keeps the name considering they're already starting to distance her from Carol.

She'll probably keep the costume, and Marvel part of her name, but she'll lose the Ms. for sure.
>>
>>85069297
Maybe she can get water boarded on Guantanamo and her family deported, cross yer fingers!
>>
File: RCO022_w_1469677080.jpg (3MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
RCO022_w_1469677080.jpg
3MB, 1988x3156px
>>85069297
>What 'tough shit' has Kamala gone through?
>>
>>85069297
Reminder that Sailor Moon went through mosr of that and died a few times too ;^)
>>
>>85069386
We arent even sure if he's dead yet.
>>
>>85069209
>Watchmen was in '86, anon.

And Alan Moore himself says superheroes are for children. What's your point?
>>
>>85068904
That dr light rape was retarded and out of character
>>
File: naruto-698-arms.jpg (90KB, 508x534px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-698-arms.jpg
90KB, 508x534px
>>85069297
>Has she lost an arm and an eye after being betrayed by her best friend?
>>
>>85069342
>>85069357

Well, I could be wrong. I generally assume that a brand's inertia is hard to change once its in motion, but stranger things have happened.

Most of her fanbase probably think of her as "Kamala" more than they think of her as "Ms. Marvel", so that might make it easier for her than for others.
>>
>>85069433
He wants Kamala to get raped, violently.
And then to buzz her hair short at the end of the arc.
>>
>>85069433
My point was in the 70 words after those five, son/
>>
File: 1393274207985.jpg (147KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1393274207985.jpg
147KB, 601x601px
>>85068583
>she's the Peter Parker for the new generation
Pete was always about the everyday man living out his fantasy. Her being a moosilman doesn't allow her to nearly do as much a Pete, like banging an assload of chicks, super and normie.

plus she's a girl. I wanna say 90% of the comic reading demographic is male
>>
>>85066112
Its why i dont get people complaining about movies rehashing villans from previous series.
We have all seen the joker in the last few trilogys the children havent.
>>
>>85069543
>everyday man
He's a super genius that dates supermodels and whose high school bully is alter-ego's his biggest fan.

He was a nerd revenge fantasy at best.
>>
>>85067300
Holy shit your a faggot
>>
>>85068232
True.
>>
>>85069494
Brands can change all the time as long as you stick to them.

At this point, people were more familiar with Barbara Gordon as Oracle than Batgirl, but they stuck to it, so I guess she's Batgirl now.
>>
>>85069641
You're replying to bait. The Costanza face should have given it away.
>>
>>85068564
Which makes sense
What does not make sense was the writers going out of there way to have people ignore him at the party.
>>85068489
Wolverine was great in that issue.
>>
>>85068583
>she's the Peter Parker for the new generation
I hope this means peter will be alowed to get married again without having to worry about it making him seem older.
>>
>>85069727
I read up to the 'mooslim' part and still some how assumed he was trying to make a valid point.
Now that I've finished reading it, I'm embarrassed I replied to it now.
>>
>>85069209
Yes but your not meant to copy watchmens tone.
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO007.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>85069641
>He's a super genius that dates supermodels and whose high school bully is alter-ego's his biggest fan.

Kamala is a B- student who is painfully single and whose high school best friend thinks her alter-ego is a menace.
>>
>>85069534
The post was a little hard to understand.
>>
>>85069357
Funny thing is I already find her to be a better Ms. Marvel than Carol was. But that's mostly because Carol has been shit for years.
>>
>>85069494
>think of her as "Kamala" more than they think of her as "Ms. Marvel"
Yep
Shes incredibly easy to change the name of for that reason.
>>
>>85069983
I..Don't her friends know she's Ms. Marvel?
I mean that mask isn't really fooling anyone and I'm pretty sure she wears that shirt a lot as a civilian too.
>>
>>85070106
>I..Don't her friends know she's Ms. Marvel?

Just Bruno and her mother. I don't think the other Avengers even know who she is.

>I mean that mask isn't really fooling anyone

That mask has been fooling people for almost 80 years.
>>
>>85062463
LONG CON, ANON
>>
>>85066316
I really like the last and current Black Widow books.
>>
>>85070162
It's not even a "conceal the eyes" domino mask that the Batfamily sans Batgirl has. But I guess Marvel citizens are retarded.
>>
>>85070162
It was implied that Miles found out.
>>85070330
I explain it away with her shapeshifting powers. She morphs her face into generic paki girl.
>>
>>85070518
>It was implied that Miles found out.
Figures. They will probably end up together after all. After the Gwen fling thing.
>>
>>85070518
>I explain it away with her shapeshifting powers. She morphs her face into generic paki girl.
Glad I'm not the only one that does this.
>>
File: okay.png (315KB, 383x517px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
315KB, 383x517px
>>85069727
>>85069856
>"its bait if i don't agree with it" meme

>>85069983
thanks for having my back, homie
>>
File: Civil War 2.gif (1MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War 2.gif
1MB, 355x200px
>>85070566
I like how Marvel is trying to push the diverse agenda, but still end up making a white person the focus

plus Kamala is way better
>>
>>85069386
Was there a story time of this?
>>
File: 1107043.jpg (211KB, 600x918px) Image search: [Google]
1107043.jpg
211KB, 600x918px
>>85047548
Yes, in much the same way we remember Bludwulf; as an embarrassing relic of the fad of her age.
>>
>>85070738
I'm expecting the Gwen thing to last about as long as Peter/Kitty in Ultimate.
>>
File: kitty and pete.png (801KB, 786x426px) Image search: [Google]
kitty and pete.png
801KB, 786x426px
>>85070842
why did it end? I know Kitty is Bendis' waifu, it doesnt add up.

I kinda wanna see it happen in 616. because fuck Memelord and how bendis ruined Venom
>>
>>85070987
How long did Pete and Kitty even last?

And probably had them break up because he already planned to off Pete down the road back then already.
>>
File: 1467586360988.jpg (157KB, 632x758px) Image search: [Google]
1467586360988.jpg
157KB, 632x758px
>>85071213
> mfw he already planned to off Pete down the road back then already

I think the relationship only lasted for 3 years

I remember reading an issue of ultimate spider-man like 2 years ago, were they were all reminiscing peter, and kitty imagined that they got married and still fought crime

life truly is suffering
>>
>>85069386
Context?
>>
>>85070691
>thanks for having my back, homie

Kamala is more relatable than Peter Parker.
>>
File: 1469024698821.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1469024698821.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>85070783
Yeah, when it came out.
>>
>>85068489
I can't speak for Miles, but for Kamala; it's because her books have generated some interest.

Her run has been Marvel going back to what people have wanted from them for years: Write fun stuff.

Sam is great, don't get me wrong. At the same time, he's another superhero tackling real superhero problems in a sea of serious and grim that is consistently facefucked by Bendis. It's hard to take anything seriously at Marvel when he gets every other storyline.

So if you can't take anything seriously, why bother? Just enjoy the cute and fun with Kamala and relax.
>>
I've only read Sam in Avengers.

What's recommended reading for him?
>>
>>85068735
Power levels don't generate sales, is the problem.

You can make do-everything-invincible-man. But if no one is reading, who cares?

Power levels = sales is a golden age mentality. It worked for a while, up until the point that people wanted deep and complex characters with complex backstories and motivations.
>>
>>85070566
I can't even wtf they're doing with Miles atm.
Both gwens, kamala, lana, it seems like everyone wants his dick now
>>
>>85072346
Nothing. Wait for him to get killed off in a few years and read that.
>>
>>85072058
Is that the Captain?
>>
>>85047727

What if

And this is going to sound crazy

That's not the point of Kamala, or what they're going for? What if, Suffering isn't actually the same as entertainment?

What if you can have drama without trying to shit on the storyline with clones, wars, invasions, deaths, and resurrections every dozen issues?

Amazing idea, huh?
>>
>>85072721
I think that's Logan.

But you know, he has the least room to speak about that than anyone. All of his problems are directly/indirectly caused by himself.
>>
File: 1461766851758.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1461766851758.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>85047548
i dont know you ask me
>>
File: 1461904435190.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1461904435190.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>85073005
>>
>>85073005
It's "I don't know you TELL me" dummy
>>
>>85073005
Tony would make a great not-father.
>>
>>85072917
No way that's Logan. Sideburns and hair aren't bushy enough.
>>
>>85068583
I see it as a third-fourth generation Marvel character.
Gen I is Cap, Namor, Human Torch. Those first prominent heroes in WWII.
Gen II is the founding Avengers, F4, X-men. Those who brought heroing back.

Gen III are those growing up in the shadow of Gen II, where Superheroing is beginning to become a generally accepted thing. Some spawn directly from the actions of Gen II, such as Vision. Consider Spider-man, who does his work unaffiliated to a Superhero group, and has to work out problems alone.

Gen IV is the generation raised under GenIII, and doesn't know the world before Supers existed. The upper gens are around long enough to recognize new folks starting out, and understand the uphill battle they faced to become accepted, and thus lend a hand in making sure they aren't trampled.
>>
>>85073144
He would be the worst father ever.

I almost wonder if Civil War 2 isn't going to lead to an arc that's akin to Ms. Marvel having a broken superhero home. With a deadbeat father and overly controlling mother.
>>
>>85073193
You can kind of see it in the close-up, but I get what you mean.
Anyone else popular retire recently who that could be?
>>
>>85072427
My theory is they want to pair of a spider man so people will be distracted from peters lack of a marriage.

They are rapidly cycling though partners to see what works best.
>>
>>85072917
Why would logan do that when he suported kamala so much
>>
>>85073005
>>85073022
I love that ultimately this was solved by 2 people just talking about there problems you dont see that enough
Also the timescale on that issue made no fucking sense
>>
>>85073464
Good question.

Maybe he thinks Kamala has something that Sam does not.

Or it's a different Logan. There's already what, three running around in this continuity?
>>
>>85072721
>>85072917
>>85073193
>>85073427
>>85073464
>>85073621
It's the Captain. He mentions Nextwave by name and swears using the same skull and crossbones censors the comic used.
>>
>Art so bad no one can even tell who a character is.
>>
>>85073767
I kind of like it that way.

If it was immediately obvious, then there would be no mystery to it.

Besides, anyone can change their hair.
>>
File: 1448699377753.png (132KB, 194x469px) Image search: [Google]
1448699377753.png
132KB, 194x469px
So why do they want Miles and Kamala together? I'd like to believe shippingfags wouldn't give a big boost to sales.
>>
>>85073919
They're trying to do the thing with Miles that they did with Peter: Play him off as a nerd who is actually a ladies man while in-persona.
>>
File: avengers assemble.png (351KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
avengers assemble.png
351KB, 1366x768px
She's here.
>>
>>85074100
It would have been better if she wasn't.
>>
>>85070162
Tony knows, he gave her a lift home.
>>
>>85074100
Do people actually watch that show? As in, they voluntarily sit down to watch full episodes, and enjoy it enough to keep doing it?
>>
>>85074267
No one on /co/ does. And for that at least, I give them credit.
>>
>>85047548
The big test for her is gonna be how well her next book is once G Willow Wilson is done writing her.

Any new character can be done well when they're created and written by someone with a specific vision for how the book should go. The real test is when it's handed off to someone ELSE.
>>
>>85074100
has Carol even appeared in Assemble?
>>
>>85074100
Who voiced her? Ash?
>>
File: the last riderfag.jpg (31KB, 481x577px) Image search: [Google]
the last riderfag.jpg
31KB, 481x577px
>>85061187
This smells like false flagging. Whoever could be behind it?
>>
>>85047619
>Implying Marvel won't drop the ball with Kamala so fucking hard as soon as a new writer gets on her solo book
>>
>>85072074
Fuck. Guess I missed that
>>
>>85070162
>I don't think the other Avengers even know who she is.
Most of them should know at this point. Vision and Tony knew, which to me implies that all the adults do (so Jarvis, Jane and FalCap aswell). Miles figured it out during the science competition issue.

Then in the last arc where they fought Annihilus, Miles yelled Kamala's name and Sam was standing right beside him so he at least learned her first name thanks to that outburst.
>>
>>85074544

You think Cassandra Cain fans never shut the fuck up? Just wait until they ruin Kamala.
>>
>>85074505
You know even Alanso back tracked on that, right?
Richard's always had more fans than Sam.
>>
>>85072346
Nova v5 and v6, and Original Sin #0 which happens between issues 16 and 17 I think. Yost's New Warriors is alright and he has a couple decent moments in there but that book was pretty much nothing but wasted potential.

It's also worth reading AXIS to see how him messing up is pretty much responsible for the whole event going sideways.
>>
>>85075139
Shh, shh, it's ok anon. Brevoort can't hurt you anymore.
>>
They need to make a Ms. Marvel movie.
>>
>>85075269
Not really, no. Her powers would like kinda creepy on film and is actually better suited to animation.

An animated adaptation of her first couple arcs would be good. Her origin and going up against the inventor could be condensed into a solid animated film.

Of course that would require Marvel Animation not to be total fucking GARBAGE.
>>
File: 1448319887578.jpg (203KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
1448319887578.jpg
203KB, 640x984px
>>85075077
Oh wow these 3 really do not care about secret identities.
>>
File: image.jpg (1002KB, 2167x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1002KB, 2167x3000px
>>85075300
Idk, i think her powers could translate decently, especially with today's special effects and MCU's budgets.
>>
>>85047548
I don't know, I seem to back losers most of the time. I say I like something and almost immediately it gets canned. While things I can't make myself understand why anyone reads just goes on and on and on. But she's already popped up in a videogame so maybe she's popular enough. And she has the whole Marvel legacy to coast on. But what would be interesting is after CWII she drops the name Ms Marvel. And seeing if she could maintain the buzz she has entirely on her own merits. I wouldn't mind that as a formula for legacy characters in general adopting the name for something like a trial period in the beginning until they become secure enough to go on without it. But that probably isn't going to happen.
>>
>>85075240
Tom "Wears a Fedora" Brevoort should be fired. The fuck does he even do at Marvel other than spend all day on Tumblr.
>>
File: 1468967704100.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1468967704100.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>85047548
Who?
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (354KB, 801x1111px) Image search: [Google]
RCO013.jpg
354KB, 801x1111px
>>85075675
You serious, mate?
>>
>>85058990
wait a sec, is the x-man on carols right forgetmenot ?
>>
File: anon.gif (2MB, 268x214px) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
2MB, 268x214px
>>85074505
I've been a fan of Dick since New Warriors, eat a dick
but Sam is cool and better written than all these other minority kids so why not keep him around fucking shit up
kid has heart, bring back Dick and have both
all this hate for Sam is sycophantic
>>
>>85048076
Sam is shit and Robbie is already gone.
>>
>>85047558
Except in Kamala's case she actually sells.
Especially in trades, which is something that marvel has probably been waiting for.
>>
>>85075082
I don't think that editor or whoever she is would allow for Kamala to be ruined.
>>
>>85075915
Sam is great and Robbie will be back.
>>
File: Hermanos.jpg (152KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
Hermanos.jpg
152KB, 485x750px
>>85076066
dubs don't lie

it's official btw haters
>>
File: if she gets lucky.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
if she gets lucky.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>
>>85069297
Jesus. I seriously hope you nver gets your hands on kamala. Youll make her family get killed and her raped by a crow bar while contracting HIV
>>
>>85073745
Speaking of stylised censors as stupid as it is to censor swearing in hellblazer why the hell did they discard the runes from his dcyou for his rebirth they are still giving him special symbols but there just not as good.
>>
>>85074361
Indeed.
I hope that day does not come anytime soon though
>>
>>85047548
Do people remember Cassandra Cain?
>>
>>85075082
/co/ will burn.
>>
>>85075644
Worked for the robins.
>>
>>85069386
She's a Muslim girl. She was probably circumcised before she was ten. Also, her parents can honor kill her if she steps out of line.
>>
>>85075967
Why do marvel trades sell so poorly compared to dc trades anyway
>>
>>85069446
Agreed, why not just make a new character to do the raping? They could even call him Dr. Rape and give him the power to steal life energy from rape.
>>
>>85076938
Would not have fixed all the problems with that story but at least it fixes one of them
>>
>>85076935
They're more expensive, have less pages, are worse quality, and go out of print fast

That and DC makes more an effort to push some trades
They have Watchmen, DKR, TKJ, Batman Year One, Kingdom Come, some popular Vertigo vol 1s, which puts them above marvels trade sales almost automatically
>>
>>85047548
I WANT TO KISS KAMALA on the forehead as a loving father
>>
>>85076938
what a terrifying villain
>>
>>85077001
I feel like theres an easy thing they can do to boost sales.
Provide a better product for a lower price.
>>
>>85076938
Why not make him a hero? His power is rape, but he can still use it for good.
>>
>>85077157
Because dc already has that (minus the life energy thing)
>>
>>85077211
Really? What hero uses rape for good?
>>
>>85077244
Batman
>>
File: 4640682-bueno+excellente.jpg (80KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
4640682-bueno+excellente.jpg
80KB, 580x350px
>>85077244
bueno excellente
>>
File: 4640682-bueno+excellente.jpg (15KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
4640682-bueno+excellente.jpg
15KB, 300x352px
>>85077244
>What hero uses rape for good?

Fucking casuals need to leave.
>>
>>85069983
>>Kamala is a B- student
she's actually A+. School calls her parents when she gets a C.
>>
>>85077430
Sam's the only dumb kid these days
>>
>>85077430
Trying to copy parker a little to hard there marvel
>>
>>85077430
Jesus, does every superhero also need to be super smart?
>>
File: plz like me guys.gif (76KB, 268x162px) Image search: [Google]
plz like me guys.gif
76KB, 268x162px
>>85077501
not all of them
>>
>>85077501
>Jesus, does every superhero also need to be super smart?

Yes, because how else can they be relatable to the average American kid?
>>
>>85077501
Well it makes sense to be a little smart it helps with superheroing.
But b- average maybe even the occasional a is good
Consistent a+ is just stupid.
Hell most of her smarts getting put to use is chemistry give her Bs in everything else with As in chemistry
>>
>>85077542
I would almost say its escapism of a universe where the u.s education system is good (you guys have it better then us ausfags though)

But then that gets thrown out the window when they start talking about these geniuses having to compete for scholarships to afford university.
>>
File: 1459368046028.gif (433KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459368046028.gif
433KB, 400x400px
>>85074386
There were kids dressed up as her in the Halloween episode. It was implied she was more popular than any of the other avengers, actually.
>>
>>85077650
man, marvel really hopes that if they tell us enough times that she's popular it'll just become the truth
>>
>>85047548
Nobody likes her but waifufags
>>
So if she wasn't Ms Marvel, what would her name be?
>>
>>85077729
Ms Muslim?
>>
>>85077501
Being an A+ student is not super smart
>>
>>85047605
I'd like to see her have a more defining arc, but I would also like proper hijinks

She is sort of stuck in a dull middle ground
>>
Honestly Kamala Khan fans have always been fucking annoying waifufags, so I'll be glad to see her go
>>
Wait is Ms. Marvel ending?
>>
>>85077945
New story arc is called "The Death of Kamala Khan"

She rents a truck to take a vacation to Nice, France, but hits into a bit of a roadbump
>>
Live by a gimmick, die by a gimmick.

At best Kamala gets remembered as a weird period where Marvel cynically exploited identity politics to boost sales

More realistically, people come across her lewds and mistake her for Korra

A single spurt of semen the last of her legacy
>>
>>85078034
Well at least her run was of fairly high quality.
>>
File: 1456352249191.jpg (736KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456352249191.jpg
736KB, 752x1000px
>>
>>85047548
Cutefags and Islamophiles will, yes.
>>
>>85077706
that's how marketing works
>>
>>85047727
>I also find it hilarious that Kamala also has NO background or anything related to Carol's legacy other than she likes Carol.
>It's super underwhelming, but it does make it clear she's not a legacy character.
I think it's a really good thing as it's easier for new readers. She has her own background and her own supporting cast, no previous relationships that a new reader wouldn't be aware of.

She was never a part of any Ms. Marvel's stories, she's not Dick becoming Batman. So it's better if she's not treated as a legacy character.

In fact, Marvel could have given her a completely different superhero's alias without changing anything to her story. She likes Carol, she gets powers, decides to be a superhero and chooses a name for herself instead of Carol's alias.
>>
>>85068110
Oh, people dare complain about your utter lack of etiquette?
They dare?
And what the fuck is a Drake?
>>
>>85078669
>And what the fuck is a Drake?
Stop pretending
>>
>>85078151
who's the qt on the right?
>>
>>85077430
Well, she was not really played as clever. More a diligent student than a genius.
And next to Bruno she looks like a complete doofus, at least as far as science goes.
>>
>>85078772
Seriously, I hear people complain about that guy all the time, but have no idea who he is.
Some kind of pop singer?
>>
>>85073022
>>85073005
Meanwhile Sam has to skip his normal kid stuff because Vision wants some time with his imaginary family.
>>
>>85079073
google it fucktard
>>
>>85077729
>>85077750
Would it be too cheesy to name her after some historic Muslim woman like Roxalana?
>>
>>85079325
no one would get it, and it wouldn't sound very super-heroy
>>
>>85078772
I believe him. When people were talking about Drake years ago I thought they were talking about Drake Bell from Drake and Josh.
>>
>>85078944

Hellcat, and that image is the best thing she's ever starred in.
>>
>>85079353
True so what about a title like The Sultana?
>>
>>85048769
>Bruno
Wait what

what happened to best boy
>>
>>85047548
I remember her better than Captain Dykehair.
>>
>>85079928
That sounds like she has raisin based powers
>>
>>85069297
That sounds like garbage, frankly.

Not every character needs to be put through a 24/7 edgefest, it's depressing.
>>
>>85077919
They're annoying, but I don't see her leaving anytime soon.
>>
>>85080119
Could make for some reoccurring raisin based jokes. Kamala is the sort of campy hero who could own that sort of thing.
>>
>>85079962
Tried to prison-break Josh the jock from the Carol Youth precrime jail.

>>85080192
She isn't being taken seriously as is.
Might as well call herself The Punjabisher at that point.

>>85080144
This. Kamala is great innocent as she is.
I especially like the Punisher fanfic people have been floating here.
>>
I find it weird that people who don't like a certain character, find the time to complain/whine about them all the time..
I don't like X-men so guess what? I just don't read/think about them lol. Try it
>>
>>85080585
>She isn't being taken seriously as is.
Is that necessarily a bad thing though?
>>
>>85080751
But, but! But how else will people know that I am standing firm against everything SJW, everything that looks like one if you squint just right, everything in any sense of the word social, liberal or progressive, and especially anything Muslim-related that doesn't come grilled?

>>85080838
There is a difference between being seen as just a kid, as she is now, and being an outright joke.
The former makes her relatable for the intended audience, the latter not so much.
>>
>>85077729
Probably captain jersy
>>
>>85081086
I like it.
>>
>>85080585
>The Punjabisher
I want some edgy au Kamala going on a jihad against the mafia
>>
>>85077834
No but skyshark is
>>
>>85078034
More likely it will be remembered as marvels only identity politics motivated character that was any good.
>>
File: Am I perty.png (190KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Am I perty.png
190KB, 800x800px
>>85081236
I was a little skeptical of the idea at first. One thing I don't like about some of these identity politics characters is how they're supposed to be about diversity but they often just tack on the ethnicity or minority identity that's en vogue onto a pretty basic and overused archetype like the urban American teenager and that's what Kamala is but its turned out better than expected.
>>
>>85081211
>I want some edgy au Kamala going on a jihad against the mafia
Or ISIS, now that would be fun.
>>
>>85082604
ISIS mafia
>>
>>85082705
Well they are running a sort of oil cartel so I could see that.

What do you guys really think though, would sucking in contemporary poltiics like the ISIS situation be a good idea? Stuff like that can make a series feel dated but at the same time I don't think that's always bad. Some of the Cold War or WW2 themed series of yesteryear have their own charm to them.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.