[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REPORT: The current state of DC films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 28

File: 1470021134013.jpg (65KB, 999x554px) Image search: [Google]
1470021134013.jpg
65KB, 999x554px
- Warner reestructured their plans for the entire DCEU after Batman V Superman was poorly received. Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.

- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.

- There'll also be reshoots to lighten up Wonder Woman, but the movie was overall less gritty than Suicide Squad, so there won't be as much. The studio is happy with what they've seen so far.

- Justice League is being produced under strict management, but the studio is happy with what they've seen so far. A sequel is still planned for 2019, but Snyder will only be brought back if he delivers with the first one.

- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.

- Johns will rewrite The Flash with Rick Famuyiwa too. The script has problems, which led to Seth Grahame-Smith leaving the project. It'll be shuffled from March 16 to October 5. Villain is the Reverse-Flash. They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.
>>
File: 1470021567679.jpg (197KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1470021567679.jpg
197KB, 2400x2400px
- They're also having troubles with Shazam and there's talk of delaying it. Johns will also touch up the script alongside its writer, which WB still hasn't selected. Dwayne Johnson remains attached as Black Adam.

- Justice League 2 is in early stages, all it is known is that it'll have Darkseid. Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.

- Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.

- Cyborg is in preliminary stages and might be scrapped. He'll be making an appearance in The Flash first to test the waters. Johns will also be involved with the writing, and he wants to include the Metal Men in the plot somehow, it's an old passion project of him.

- Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind as the leads, but that could change.

- Suicide Squad 2 is in the cards, as a way to introduce Deathstroke, which Warner believes can carry his own franchise.

- Projects in development are a Harley Quinn solo movie, a Birds of Prey movie and a Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up movie. a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed, but talks have since died down.

- No plans for more Superman standalones

- One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies. Their two biggest targets right now are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie, and a Flashpoint adaptation in a Flash sequel.

- No directors or writers have been approached for Shazam, Cyborg or GLC yet. All of those are in a state of flux where ideas change every day.
>>
>>85042271
>They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.
I'm not going to pretend like CW Flash doesn't have issues but it's honestly great television and fully committed to the most ridiculous elements of the cape genre. If anything, they should be struggling to make their movie MORE like the show.
>>
Source? You can't just say stuff without providing a source.
>>
>>85042271

You know how you could make the Flash movie not too much like the series?

NOT FREAKING USE EOBARD RIGHT AWAY.
>>
>>85042271
Where is all of this from?
>>
>>85042293
> No plans for Superman standalones.
Bravo WB BRAVO. with that I have no intentions in seeing your shitty universe.
>>
>>85042271
source?
>>
No Superman movies? FUCK He needs a MOS 2 to clean up the shitstain Zack Snyder has left.
>>
>>85042334
They probably mean plot wise
>>
>>85042271
No source but I'll bite.

A JL/SS movie sounds like a really bad idea, and no more solo Superman films would really piss me off

They ought to scrap the Cyborg film, I guess there's a chance he's a breakout hit in JL but I doubt it.
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235KB, 582x600px
If Snyder winds up being responsible for no more solo Superman movies I will TRACK HIM DOWN and beat the shit out of him.
>>
No Superman solos are a deal breaker for me. I WANT more Superman movies. Just keep Zack "the hack" away from it.
>>
>>85042293
>are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO
>the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.
>>
>>85042638
Lol what I find funny in order to do KC they FUCKING NEED TO DEVELOP SUPERMAN EVEN FURTHER. BE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER.
>>
>>85042271
>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
>>
>Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind as the leads, but that could change

>implying Booster Gold and Blue Beetle wouldnt be the ultimate DC buddy cop movie

Criminally underused characters imo
>>
>>85042271
>- Justice League is being produced under strict management,
So keeping Snyder on a tight leash. As i said they should do in the first fucking place. Contrary to popular belief he is capable of delivering a good movie. Just not on his own!
>>
>>85042585
I think he is. He was the one who planted the Batman idea apparently.
>>
>>85042293
>- No plans for more Superman standalones
>>
File: 1469732289501.jpg (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1469732289501.jpg
37KB, 633x758px
>>85042293
>No plans for more Superman standalones
>>
>>85042293
>Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel.

If this movie doesn't have green lantern construct sunglasses, shotguns, cop cars, and one-liners I will be severely disappointed.

why can't they just make a lantern Lethal Weapon?
>>
Anyway, where's the source?
>>
>>85042790

If the movie opened with John and Guy sipping construct coffee in a construct squad car the rest of the film could be shit and I wouldn't even care
>>
>Source: My ass
>>
>>85042817

OP's anus
>>
>I tell 4chan I want a buddy cop Green Lantern with Hal and John
>this happens
Thanks 4chan
>>
>>85042824
>STEWART
>GARDNER
>MY OFFICE
>NOW!
>>
>Harley Quinn solo movie

FUCK NO. After they butchered Joker/Harley relationship in the Squad movie, I don't want a Harley/Sirens movie
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x397px
>No plans for Superman standalones
>>
File: I love stupid bullshit.png (330KB, 545x402px) Image search: [Google]
I love stupid bullshit.png
330KB, 545x402px
>it's an "OP pulls shit out of his ass" episode
>>
>>85042271
>>85042334
>>85042407
With Johns running it it's kind of a surprise they aren't starting with Captain Cold. He's even dead in the CWverse.
>>
>>85042271
>>85042293
So much bullshit. Are you not getting enough suckers on /tv/ with these threads that you're targetting /co/ now?
>>
>>85042824
Can GLs construct food? Would it just disappear in their stomachs before it could be digested and provide them with nutrition
>>
>>85042585
Give them time to get their shit together. I'm pretty sure after their past 2 fuck ups, WB isn't as willing to put out another Superman film until they are 100% sure that it won't suck or flop. I expect him to be fleshed out in the JL films, maybe a team up or two, then eventually given his own solo film
>>
>>85042895
>I got the Guardians on my ass after that stunt you pulled on Xanshi, it's either you two or the entire sector! My hands are tied! Turn in your rings and batteries, you're off the case!
>>
>>85042933
He's coming back on the CW shows.
>>
>>85042271
>- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.
This will have ended up being a mistake. If there's ANY DC property that should be darker and grittier, it's Suicide Squad. From the people who've seen it already, the reshoots have been a mistake.

>- Justice League is being produced under strict management, but the studio is happy with what they've seen so far. A sequel is still planned for 2019, but Snyder will only be brought back if he delivers with the first one.
This isn't good news imo.

>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.
I really hope they dial back on the horror. Keep the Trench creepy sure, have a few creepy, tense scenes, but overall, it should have more of an adventurous, superheroic feel. They shouldn't try so hard, is what I'm saying. Excited about Ocean Master, since I feel like he's probably Arthur's best villain. I hope we get Black Manta at some point as well.

>>85042293
>- They're also having troubles with Shazam and there's talk of delaying it. Johns will also touch up the script alongside its writer, which WB still hasn't selected. Dwayne Johnson remains attached as Black Adam.
I hope they don't fuck up Shazam.

>- Justice League 2 is in early stages, all it is known is that it'll have Darkseid. Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.
Let's blow our load on Darkseid early!

Who the FUCK decided that this was a good idea? It's fucking SUPERMAN for fucks' sakes!
>>
>>85042407
This. Flash has literally one of the biggest and most interesting rogue gallery. Why the hell would they stick with a redundant villain that they even struggle to write with? There's like half a dozen guy as much as interesting as Zoom they could choose.

> which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
> especially the Joker
For fuck sake this has already been done to death. Can we move on? Can we go with another guy for once? I'm so tired of the Joker and I just wish they put down this character for good.
>>
>>85042990
I'm a simple man, all I want in life is a feature length movie about two guys with magic rings shutting down an intergalactic drug smuggling ring.

Is that too much to ask for?
>>
Also can I get some sources on these please?
>>
>>85043022
>From the people who've seen it already, the reshoots have been a mistake.

Literally one guy who said this
>>
Just more proof that been a Captain Marvel fan is suffering.
Damn you, big red cheese.
>>
>>85042271
>>85042293
This probably isn't true anyways but while I like his comics getting Johns to write everything would be a mistake.
>>
>>85043097
Wasn't it more than one person?

I mean, I'm holding out hope but WB being WB, I wouldn't be too surprised.
>>
>>85043030
>For fuck sake this has already been done to death. Can we move on? Can we go with another guy for once? I'm so tired of the Joker and I just wish they put down this character for good.
Guess this is like how Superman films kept reusing Lex Luthor. They are worried about using a lesser villain not being punchy enough.

But still, no reason why you can't just use a lesser villain who would be defeated easily, in order to give the hero more screentime for development.
>>
>>85043130

But anon Captain Marvel is getting a movie very soon
>>
>>85043030
Actually there were recent rumors that it may take place in Arkham.
>>
>>85042977
But it's not Superman's fault. It's the fucking idiots of a director and writer who suck so much.
>>
>>85043162
I've never understood why we've never had Brainiac in a Superman movie. Especially after the Transformers movies, you'd think a killer robot who launches giant death machines would be a recipe for success.
>>
>>85043162
>Guess this is like how Superman films kept reusing Lex Luthor.
Funny enough, but there still hasn't been a truly great Lex Luthor on film. Kevin Spacey was probably the closest, though. But they wasted him on Superman Returns.

>They are worried about using a lesser villain not being punchy enough.
Thing is, there are still lots of other villains they could use. There's Bizarro, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, I mean come on.

>>85043193
You know full well what he meant, anon.
>>
>>85043160

I've just seen the one guys tweets compared from May to July but even then he said he still liked it. The waiting game is getting real annoying now
>>
>We will never see Brainiac
>We will never see Metallo
>We will never see Bizarro
>We will never see Cyborg Superman
>We will never see Doomsday done right
>We will never see a great Superman movie.
>>
>>85042271
>Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies,

Oh, so they really did get rid of Snyder?

...well, okay then. I actually have some hope for the DCEU now.
>>
File: 1460735997857.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460735997857.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>Mr. Mind will never appear in a movie
>>
>>85042990
Would watch.
>>
Can you imagine the next Superman movie featuring Superman Red and Superman Blue?
>>
>>85043289

They couldn't officially remove him from directing Justice League but when as the last time you heard about Zack leading this universe?
>>
>>85043298
Meant to reply to >>85043130
>>
>>85042271
>studio is happy with what they've seen so far
Every time I read "studio/executives are happy" I can only think of them having no idea if their films are good or not.
>>
File: heny-laugh.gif (875KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
heny-laugh.gif
875KB, 245x300px
>>85042271
>- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.
Except this has been BTFO by the director. Stop trying so hard, OP. I know you feel threaten with SS coming out soon.
>>
>>85042271
>Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.
Thank fucking god. Hack "Shithead Edgemeister Supreme" Snyder is the worst thing to happen to DC/WB movies since Superman: Quest for Peace.
>>
I've been waiting for Superman to fight Brainiac for a long time...and looks like it will never happen. Thanks Hack Snyder.
>>
Not being lighthearted wasn't the problem with BvS. Adding more jokes and lightening the mood wouldn't have fixed structural issues in it.
>>
>>85043349

I couldn't tell you, since I with Snyder at the helm I had no interest in following anything DCEU related.
>>
>>85043285
>We will never see Doomsday done right

Doomsday is shit. He was done right. Because he was shit.
>>
>>85043401
It's funny people just believe all this shit with no source.
>>
File: 48494.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
48494.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>Only two more sleeps until I see Suicide Squad

Getting nervous lads
>>
>>85043499
Has there been any word on if it's good or not
>>
>>85043193
>Been this much of a comic book pleb and basically the living reason DC changed the character's name.
You should go back to /tv/ my friend.
>>
>>85043455
This. BvS was just a narrative mess, there's nothing you can do in post to fix its fundamental issues. It watches less like a movie and more like a series of unrelated vignettes.
>>
>>85043527

Twitter reactions went up a couple days ago, but you know how unreliable those can be.

I think the review embargo ends on Tuesday.
>>
>>85043551
I was burned by twitter reactions with BvS. So much shilling by obvious fanboys. I feel stupid in retrospect.
>>
>>85043401
>Except this has been BTFO by the director.
Yep always trust the director. They would NEVER lie about their movie. Just like how Abrams said Khan wasn't in Star Trek 12.
>>
Kingdom Come would look like an attempt to copy Civil War to normies (superhuman gulag, Batman pitted against Supes again, etc) also it's too early to happen in the timeline of this DCU..
>>
>>85042271

If they'd done shit right in the first place, they wouldn't have to be embarrassingly scrambling to make it more palatable at the last minute.
>>
>>85043470
Bizarro would have been a better villain. BUT NO! WB had to blow their load with BVS. Not even giving us a proper Superman sequel to flesh out his character.
>>
>>85042781
>>85042782
To be fair this is almost a good thing if true, considering how they've treated him.
>>
>>85043592
Ayer ain't no pussy. That nigga doesn't give a fuck what people think.
>>
>>85043453
Fucking this. Fuck all this shit, man. Our first and maybe only attempt at a cinematic universe and they fuck this shit up.
>>
>>85043537

Or I could have been fucking with him?
>>
>>85043669
This isn't a good thing. It will never be a good thing. Superman needs to be fixed, he needs to be fleshed out, he just needs a good director and writer.
>>
>>85042293
>adapting kingdom come
You almos had me there
>>
>>85043592

The timing doesn't even make sense. They announced re-shoots and then less than a week a new trailer came out with more jokes ans plebs took that as proof they added more humor
>>
>>85042271
>They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.

Lies.
>>
>>85043298
I liked his voice on B&tB.
But yeah, its never going to happen.
>>
>>85043693
And they raped Superman in the process. Batman I guess to some extent as well.
>>
>>85043735
>>85042675
So what? All Aquaman villains are equally boring and uninteresting. Nobody wants to see them or Aquaman on a movie.
>>
>>85042271
>hopeful and adventurous
Neat
>Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone
I think suicide squad should be a dark film except when dealing with comedic characters (most of whom are dark themselves) but i understand why they did this audiences would not want a 3rd dark film in a row and it was not worth delaying release until more light films came out first. I just hope they have not overdone it
>the Trench
I like the trench but i hope they dont make the mistake of overusing them like the new 52 did stick to a single apperance then keep them dead (pretty much that series only major problem (well that and why the fuck did they not just offer up vulko to surface prison in orms place ))
>>85042293
>having troubles with Shazam
This makes me a sad anon
>might be scrapped
I doubt it its to late to take him off justice league and it would be weird to have a movie for every other league member.
>have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind
I imagine they will change it to simon baz and jessica cruz as there currently in a budy cop book
>Suicide Squad 2 is in the cards
Cool time to lobby for who we want to late to make it dark though make it a little darker then the first then go fully dark on the 3rd
>Deathstroke, which Warner believes can carry his own franchise
I doubt he can but i would be happy with a single solo maybe we can get solos for a bunch of villans sort of like villan month.
>Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up
That cannot possibly work
>a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed
Im dont much care about blue beetle but im always down for more green lantern goodness
>talks have since died down
Aww
Makes sense he is to broken to fix suddenly in a single film its to drastic a tone shift but it also cant be done over several films because they would be horrible the solution is to lay the groundwork for character development in other films.
Continued 1/2
>>
Nice fanfic. You forgot the part about the Batman movie being set in Arkham
>>
>>85043804
Continued 2/2
>Flashpoint
Aka fix synders shit and whichever aspects of suicide squad people dont like (hopefully not many)

I was so fucking close to fiting everything in a single post.
>>
>>85043836
At least that's a rumor that has been circulating recently. Most of OP's stuff feels like he just made it up. Adapting Kingdom Come? Fucking insane to think they'd ever attempt that.
>>
>>85043804
Reading my post over it makes it seem like i was saying its shazam that cant possibly be scraped it unfortunantly very much might be its cyborg that wont.
>>
>>85043885
They literally mashed together DKR and Death of Superman in a script that would make an 8 year old with autism proud.

I can see them trying to adapt Kingdom Come mashed with Blackest Night for an encore.
>>
>>85043843
Oh and forgot one
>>85042271
>Reverse-Flash
There better be an it was me barry
>>
>>85043722
>thinking Snyder won't adapt a story with religious themes/symbolism out the asshole

Senpai...
>>
>>85042271
>Struggling with making it different from the Flash TV series.

>When Flash TV series has based Eobard Thawne
>>
>>85043339
Reign of the Supermen or GTFO.
With Idris Elba as Steel, of course.
>>
>>85043960
There's no way it won't be. Screenshot this
>>
>>85042638
Hey that recent kfc comic did something funny with kingdom come
Well researched panel to.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
No matter how bad the live action movies get just remember; DC will always be able to fall back on their animation department.
>>
>>85043598
Kingdom Come is literally nothing like movie Civil War.
>>
>>85042824
Green lanterns #2 had a car construct
>>
>>85042941
Remember that time /co/ was tricked into thinking starro was in the powerless trailer
>>
>>85042699
Who is this booster gold? I thought blue beetle's best friend was green lantern
>>
>>85043758
Truly, worst timeline.

>>85043802
No, go fuck yourself. If you'd actually read comic books, you'd know that Ocean Master and Black Manta both were great antagonists. Granted those are probably the only two really good ones he has but it's more than a lot of other heroes have.
>>
>>85042293
>a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed, but talks have since died down.
I really hope you're fucking lying.
>>
>>85044261
>If you'd actually read comic books

I read comics, just not Aquaman comics, and guess what, fucko? Neither does everyone else. No one cares about Aquashit, or any of his water park themed villains.

It is truly mind boggling that WB continues to push Aquadumb, it's embarrassing, even. But then again, it's WB.
>>
>>85044350
Bait: the post

Honestly actually trying to do Aquaman at least some justice and trying to push him is one of the best things WB is doing right now. Shows that they at least care on SOME level.
>>
File: 1460450019913.jpg (36KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1460450019913.jpg
36KB, 419x604px
>>85042293
>Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
>>
>>85043804
>why the fuck did they not just offer up vulko to surface prison in orms place
Vulko lit the keg but it was Orm who exploded.
>>
>>85043998
There are so manythings you need to do to set up kingdom come. It just wont work.
>>
>>85044551
There was a rumor that the entire movie would take place in Arkham. Would be pretty cool and definitely something different for a live action Batman movie.
>>
>>85043665
I'm just imagining BvS being exactly the same, except the final battle is against Bizarro spouting his Bizarro lines. Just, completely undercutting the seriousness of the rest of the movie, and the three heroes having zero idea how to handle it.
>>
>>85044582
You're talking about the same people that basically tried to adapt TDKR as the second movie in their shared cinematic universe. I hope Johns can stop some of these stupid ideas.
>>
Aquaman is the movie I'm looking forward to most.

Based Arthur and Mera running around being heroes. Orm, Manta? Sign me up.
>>
>>85044597
I probably should've singled out the "They believe it has Oscar potential" bit, which is a flabbergasting thing to believe at this point in production.
>>
>>85044625
>You're talking about the same people that basically tried to adapt TDKR as the second movie in their shared cinematic universe.
Seriously. WHO the fuck does this? How nonsensical is that? They should've just saved TDKR for a future Elseworlds movie. For when people get sick of Batman as he is now and then move onto Elseworlds.

>>85044626
That's assuming that James Wan doesn't overdo it with the horror.
>>
>>85043665

They should have just turned Scoot MacNairy's character into Metallo, it was such an easy set-up and would have fit in so much better thematically with the ending of the film that I have no idea how they screwed up something this fucking simple.
>>
>>85044518
It shows they are clueless, it shows they think putting their most recognizable characters in a blender will net them success.

It won't :^)

I wished they played with one of their dozens of underrated, worthwhile properties, but nope, instead we get to cringe at an Aquaman that can't even hold his breath underwater.
>>
>>85044682
>That's assuming that James Wan doesn't overdo it with the horror.
How can you overdo Arthur/Mera? They have always had amazing chemistry and joking with each other wouldn't seem out of place.

Of course, no quips between Arthur and Manta would be a requirement.
>>
>>85043665
>Bizarro would have been a better villain.

We can only hope that some idiots cloned Superman from his "corpse" which would later become Bizarro for a JL sequel
>>
>>85044619
That's exactly how I pictured a finale. Like imagine him beating all 3 of them handily while picking up cars and shit and throwing them around and all the time spouting nonsense, and they actually have to THINK and work together to defeat him.
>>
>>85044685
Fucking THIS.

And instead of Doomsday, should've just made that character Parasite instead, without using Zod's dead body.

>>85044701
But anon, Aquaman IS a worthwhile property.

>>85044716
It's not Arthur/Mera that I'm worried about, it's the horror aspect.
>>
>>85044718
Yawn. Ship sailed on that.

Doomsday was fine. But it would have been better if they didn't kill Superman and showed that his ability to befriend Bats and team up is what saved him. This "if we weren't a team we would have been fucked" would be a good impetus for forming the JL. Superman giving Batman a kryptonite ring would have been a fantastic way to end the movie, showing where both characters had evolved.

Personally I think if you are going to use Batman as a villain, they should have gone the whole 9 yards. By making him half hero Superman had no clear justification for fighting him, when your title character has no motive it's not going to end well.
>>
>>85044759
>it's the horror aspect.
Realistically they can't film the bulk of the movie underwater. So it will probably see a lot of on shore action, then delve into the depths in act 3 to fight the big bad trench queen.
>>
>>85044653
He's an Oscar winning director and screenwriter who is writing and directing a franchise that he's loved his entire life. He's even said he's not directing the movie until he's happy with a screenplay, which he's not at the moment. There's also no studio interference, he gets to make his own movie how he wants to. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could get nominated for a couple big Oscars.
>>
>>85042293
>- Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
Haha, oh wow
>>
>>85044682
>Seriously. WHO the fuck does this?
People that fundamentally don't understand DC characters or stories. Which is why I fucking hope to god Johns is gonna try and stop some of this shit if these rumors are real.

Adapting Kingdom Come has the same fucking problems as something like TDKR. Even putting aside the fact that they're supposed to be Elseworlds and how the main DC versions of these characters would never act the way they do in those stories. TDKR and Kingdom Come only have meaning because they're so fucking out of character and because they're building off the history of the characters in general.

Please stop this fucking madness Johns.
>>
>>85042941
>So much bullshit.
Source?
>>
>>85044788
Also factor in that his lowest rated movie on RT is something insane like 95%. I know RT is a bit of a cesspool, but that record is insane.
>>
>>85044765
>Ship sailed on that.
Not "too late"

We established DCU Lex is both brilliant and absolutely bonkers.
They even kept his egomaniacal streak where he admits him creating 'doomsday' was never a mistake or a miscalculation because "hey, it managed to kill supes." So he will attempt it again by cloning another kryptonian.
>>
>>85044831
You can't do "evil kryptonian abomination created by Lex Luthor" twice.
>>
>>85044826
Are you seriously asking for a source on a post that's debunking an already source-less post on /co/?
>>
>>85044784
>Realistically they can't film the bulk of the movie underwater.
Can they? I mean, a significant part of the movie is going to HAVE to be set underwater. It's Aquaman.

>then delve into the depths in act 3 to fight the big bad trench queen.
I wouldn't mind this at all, honestly.
>>
File: 1460958815543.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
1460958815543.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>85044806
Nailed it so hard it's not even funny.
>>
>>85044889
>Can they? I mean, a significant part of the movie is going to HAVE to be set underwater. It's Aquaman.
Point to another movie that has pulled this off, or even close? There is a Harry Potter scene under water which looks good, but nobody talks. How are they going to have him talking under water and shit? It has not been done before.

>I wouldn't mind this at all, honestly.
That's basically what happened in the comics. You even get the scene where the light antenna fish swim away and Mera is like "I thought you were controlling them". Arthur responds "Their primal instincts overrode me, they ran scared, somethings coming". That is pretty good horror suspense imo.
>>
>>85044788

>He's even said he's not directing the movie until he's happy with a screenplay, which he's not at the moment. There's also no studio interference, he gets to make his own movie how he wants to

For all the mountains of shit I've given WB for how they've handled the DCEU and the people they've hired to helm the project, if there's one thing I can praise them for it's how they treat their directors.

The "one for me/one for them" system has produced some damn great films over the past 15-ish years.
>>
So much made up bullshit.
>>
>>85044916
>Point to another movie that has pulled this off, or even close? There is a Harry Potter scene under water which looks good, but nobody talks. How are they going to have him talking under water and shit? It has not been done before.
IT'S FUCKING AQUAMAN JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
>>
>>85044953
Directors generally like working with WB because they leave them the fuck alone. Although that's how you get shit like Watchmen and BvS. They let Snyder have too much leeway. But it's also how they get Fury Road and The Dark Knight.
>>
>>85044979
All caps screaming isn't a valid response. It has not been done before, it has not been shown it can be dome. It does not logically follow that it will happen.
>>
>>85045008
>Although that's how you get shit like Watchmen and BvS

Which both ruled.
>>
>>85044960
I really hope you're right.
>>
>>85044875
>debunking
Not how that works.
>>
>>85045018
But it's still Aquaman. His whole 'thing' is that he's able to talk and breath underwater, along with every other Atlantean. Maybe it's unrealistic to expect that the entire movie will be like that. But a significant portion of the movie should still be underwater.
>>
>>85045008

And they're letting Affleck direct his Boston crime films in an era when it seems like nobody is willing to fund those kinds of movies.

>>85045034

>which both ruled

Now let's not say things we can't take back.

Just because it's clear artistic expression doesn't make ti good. Auteur theory isn't a shield against criticism.
>>
>>85045034
Yeah, well I think WB would like it if their comic book movies would stop being so divisive.
>>
>your title character
>supesfags actually believe this

>has no motive
Muh Matha
>>
>>85043592

But we should trust an anonymous poster, on 4chan of all places.
>>
>>85045084
>But it's still Aquaman
That's true. But in practical terms. It has never been done before. They are going to have to pioneer a new process to resolve this problem, they may not be able to resolve it.
>>
>>85045116
>>has no motive
>Muh Matha
Has no good motive. Are you happy?

I would have preferred it Bats was hellbent on taking him down and Supermans motive was protecting himself and those around him without resorting to the old Zod solution.
>>
>>85044827
>RT
Use metacritic.
>>
>>85045180
>Use metacritic.
I don't use either. If I like the look of a movie, I watch it, otherwise, I don't. I haven't found critics or consensus that I generally agree with an can rely on.
>>
>>85045178
>Has no good motive
>I don't care if someone kills my mom

>I would have preferred it Bats was hellbent on taking him down
He was
>Supermans motive was protecting himself and those around him
He was
>without resorting to the old Zod solution.
100% agree
>>
>>85045095
They were better than all the play it safe bullshit that usually gets fanboy panties wet.
>>
>>85045205
No, I'm just saying if you're gonna cite either site, metacritic is the better one. RT's aggregate isn't as good and the fresh/rotten bit is very misleading.
>>
>>85045180
Argo: 86
The Town: 74
Gone Baby Gone: 72

That's a pretty good average. Gone Baby Gone was also the first movie he ever directed and his score has only gone up since then.
>>
File: newspaper.jpg (8KB, 251x224px) Image search: [Google]
newspaper.jpg
8KB, 251x224px
>>85042634

>decide to make superman movie
>movie is bad
>knee-jerk response: no more superman movies for 20 years

See you in 2036
>>
>>85045213
The mother killing was an ass pull deep into act 3. That is not a well constructed motive.

The audience still identifies batman as a hero. There is no justification for Superman to throw him through a building or even threaten him.
>>
>>85045226

>play it safe bullshit

And most of those are better movies then BvS. Even the worst MCU film is better then that abomination.

I've seen too many terrible, terrible indie films made by half-cocked auteur wannabees to have the rose-colored glasses over "artistic vision" anymore, at this point just the actual fucking quality of the film matters more to me.

If you have to make your movie by a committee or by the singular vision of your director, either way I don't care. Just make it good.

>>85045242

>The Town rated higher then Gone Baby Gone

What madness is this?
>>
>>85045291
>The mother killing was an ass pull deep into act 3. That is not a well constructed motive.
They established Bruce's trauma about his mom 2 minutes into the movie and went back to it multiple times. They definitely didn't pull it out of their ass. Whether or not you liked the motive is a whole different story.
>>
>>85042293
Fuck you, here's a plan. Man of Tomorrow; Legion of Superheroes retrieve Superman from the past to combat the arrival of Braniac in the future. Show Superman a world that embraces superheroes and powers as a result of his arrival on Earth.
>>
>>85045320
>Even the worst MCU film is better then that abomination.
I'd rather watch Green Lantern again than either Thor movie. Also, Iron Man 2 is fucking garbage at every level.
>>
>>85045360
nah that anon is right, the worst mcu film is better than every dc flick except for Nolan's work and 89 Batman, Donner Superman.
>>
>>85045178
Literally any motive would've been better than Superman being blackmailed and Batman being tricked.
>>
>>85045355
>live-action LoSH in a DC movie
I NEED IT

Sadly none of that will happen any time soon.

>>85045360
IM2 was disappointing but it wasn't a bad movie either. Just not a very good one.
>>
>>85045360
2 was watchable.
3 was a fucking disaster.
>>
>>85045404
No.
>>
>>85045441

Yes.
>>
>>85045437
Iron Man 3 >>>>> Every other MCU film.
>>
>>85045360

>I'd rather watch Green Lantern again than either Thor movie

That's madness.

>Also, Iron Man 2 is fucking garbage at every level.

Iron Man 2 is absolutely the worst MCU movie by a wide margin, but even with how much I disliked that movie and how disappointed I was it didn't come close to the near-depression and anger I felt coming out of BvS.

It's the worst movie since fucking Catwoman, and for all the boundless horrors that film had at least it was short.
>>
>>85045474
If you felt near depression and anger about a comic book movie you take this shit too seriously.
>>
>>85045474
>the near-depression and anger I felt coming out of BvS.

Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>85045433
Not that guy but IM2 suffers from the same problems BvS does. It's largely a halfbaked advertisement for their teamup movie.
>>
>>85045084
>>85045149
"Eh, just greenscreen it."
>>
>>85042271
>>85042293

> Johns writes Barry aka the character he's worst at
> make it different than tv show
> black iris, eobard right away, flashpoint sequel

wew lad.
>>
>>85045508
Nothing wrong with that. Unlike all of the casuals and /tv/ posters on this board, some of us grew up with these characters and have always wanted them to be translated on screen properly. Seeing the DCEU in the state that it's in is legitimately depressing for some of us, considering how much these characters and this universe means to us.

>>85045556
I agree but it also wasn't nearly as bad as BvS was either.
>>
>>85045467
>taking a shit on the Mandarin
>>
I'm glad it all sounds so bad.

I have no interest in DC movies after they turned all the characters to niggers.
>>
>>85045556
>It's largely a halfbaked advertisement for their teamup movie.

If anything BvS seems largely unconcerned with setting up Justice League. They just chucked in a scene of Wonder Woman watching the trailers. The main body of the film couldn't give less of a shit.
>>
>>85042904
Cry more. Affleck is best Batman. Cavill is an awful Superman. Barely speaks. Barely smiles. Barely wins.
>>
>>85042271

Faraci still peddling this shit?
>>
>>85045610
Properly? I think the DCEU is more interesting for the downright weird choices it has made.
>>85045622
Ben Kingsley was funny as fuck though.
>>
>>85045683
>Properly? I think the DCEU is more interesting for the downright weird choices it has made.
It's only really interesting to me as a fan of DC Comics. Otherwise, they're clearly struggling trying to find their footing with the DCEU.
>>
>>85043193
>But anon Captain Marvel is getting a movie very soon

Black Panther was getting a movie "very soon" That was until Spiderman became part of the MCU fold. If tomorrow turned out that Fox bended the knee to the mouse, they would scrap a whole phase in favor of revving up some X men flicks.
>>
>>85045679

I have no idea where this "lightning the tone" bullshit is coming from, every David Ayer project outside of Fury is filled with banter and quips.

>>85045508
>>85045529

It was a mixture of the god-awful filmmaking, the self-important nonsensical tone, and the damage done to the characters.

And I LIKED Man of Steel.
>>
>>85045737
>Black Panther was getting a movie "very soon" That was until Spiderman became part of the MCU fold.
You realize BP is still slated for 2018, right? Hell, I don't think the release window for BP has changed all that much.
>>
>>85045320
GBG was hot garbage.
Town was decent, ending was shit.
>>
>>85045360
IM 2 is my favorite of the three
>>
>>85045759

It was even moved up.
>>
>>85045790

It's amazing how much Civil War elevates IM2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5GV6zsK1U
>>
File: 1323554051213.jpg (330KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1323554051213.jpg
330KB, 900x900px
>>85043725
How does this work? David Ayer called this bullshit for what it is & still people believe there was reshoots to fulfill some made up quip quota. I could just imagine new shots of actors with new hair styles or facial stubs, or weight differences since the last finished filming.

How retarded are you people?
>>
>>85045790
Just to clarify, I know it isn't "good", but it's got the right amount of levity and the acting is just the right amount of hammy.
>>
File: civilwar.jpg (65KB, 591x592px) Image search: [Google]
civilwar.jpg
65KB, 591x592px
>>85045742
>every David Ayer project outside of Fury is filled with banter and quips.

Yeah but not the kind you'd could put in a comic book movie.

>It was a mixture of the god-awful filmmaking, the self-important nonsensical tone, and the damage done to the characters

The filmmaking was better than any MCU film, at least it looked like an actual movie, pic related. Also at least it tried to take itself seriously, no winks at the audience, which are pretty tiresome by this point.
>>
>>85043030
Eh it makes sense to rehash the core villans.
Your making these films for a whole new generation of children.
Its a shame about those poor kids whos first introduction to luthor was batman vs superman (and the poor everybody who watched that film in general)
>>
File: 1305486096066.jpg (20KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1305486096066.jpg
20KB, 210x230px
>>85042271
>MCU 2.0

no thank you, MCU has been bland and repetitive since forever, there are no suprises left, neither in style nor storytelling, civil war should've been it, fresh air, something new but at the end it was only character fanservice and the controversial topic was dropped at the end anyway.

Restricting Snyder is one thing, it is necessary but taking the liberty from other directors is what turned the MCU into a huge mass of mediocrity.
>>
File: 00000000000000000000000000.jpg (633KB, 2325x1584px) Image search: [Google]
00000000000000000000000000.jpg
633KB, 2325x1584px
>>85042271

Still wont be able to compete with Marvel.
>>
It's too early for Kingdom Come
It's too fucking early for Darkseif
It was too fucking early for Apocalypse
>>
>>85042293
>- One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies. Their two biggest targets right now are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie, and a Flashpoint adaptation in a Flash sequel.
These are such shitty ideas.
>>
>>85045925
The trouble is that WB wants money, and doing things the old way has burned them twice now. You can't blame them for wanting to change their approach to a more proven method.

Now, the REAL change they should have made is to fucking jettison Snyder after MOS and have someone else be in charge of subsequent Batman & Superman films. The smart thing to do now is to jettison him after Justice League and continue with the filmmaker-driven approach, just sans-Snyder. But WB won't do the smart thing.
>>
>>85045925
>Restricting Snyder is one thing, it is necessary

Fool.
>>
>>85043998
Synder should make bayonetta films he would be perfect for it.
>>
>>85046016
>jettison him after Justice League and continue with the filmmaker-driven approach

Why do you nerds just assume filmmakers will like the same things about these properties that you do? If you want a filmmaker driven approach you're gonna get eccentric shit like BvS, either you like it or you don't.
>>
>>85046040

No he wouldn't. See Suckerpunch.
>>
>>85046040
>Snyder
>making a Bayonetta movie
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>85043722
It was the suicide squad/jl teamup that stood out as false to me.
>>
>>85046048
I really wouldn't have minded the central conceit of BvS if it were made by someone who could tell a coherent story and make me care about the characters.
>>
>>85043953
Ahhhhhhhhh
>>
>>85045960
can't compete with the king of inoffensive action & audience tested drek with strong emphasis on acquiring family bucks.
>>
>>85046056
In light of CISbusters, that movie would atleast get a 80%.
>>
>>85044350
So we should just ignore 70% of the earths surface
>>
>>85046067
You'd probably like the Ultimate Edition better, but in any case "making sense" is a vastly overrated quality for a movie to have.
>>
>>85044565
Yeah but they did not even try
>>
>>85046088

Are you really suggesting a movie about fucking Ant-man should be dark and gritty?

This is why you idiots continue to fail.
>>
>>85044682
Eh i imagine the horror will just be some terrible creatures of the abyss.
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>>85046108
>"making sense" is a vastly overrated quality for a movie to have.

blessed be thou, which hast given me the wonders of capekino.
>>
>>85046088

Marvel doesn't make films for goth kids. Find something else to slit your wrists to.
>>
>>85043669
They have treated him superbly like a realistic relatable human being instead of a campy garbage Mary sue you piece of fucking shit.
>>85043707
They have done nothing but flesh him out.
Smiles & campy silliness aren't character depth.
>>
>>85044701
Your a faggot but i do have to wonder how the hell that shot of aquaman wemt into the film he really does look like he is holding his breath.
They clearly cared about the shot enough to bring in a whole extra director of photography just for that and the lois lane drowning scene so how did they think that was an acceptable take.
>>
>>85046108

This isn't Mullholland Drive, BvS is still a narratively-driven blockbuster about guys punching each other.
>>
>>85044749
My favourite part of the movie was when they did use teamwork to kill doomsday. It was not just working together it was making effective use of numbers and individual skills to gain an advantage in an impressive fashion.

Theres not enough of that these days.
>>
>>85043758
Your a delusional trash.
They have done literally nothing bad to Superman. The notion that they have raped him by making him a sympathetic human being with fears & conflicts who has to deal with actual consequences instead of a writing him as perfect Mary sue who can wave his problems away is a insult to storytelling and human creativity.
Burn the fuck in hell.
>>
>>85046252
Hardly any blockbusters make sense though, I wish people would stop acting like they do.
>>
>>85043285
EXPLAIN how Doomsday wasn't done right just because they didn't put as many spikes on him?
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>85042293

>Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential.

I like Batfleck guys, but come the fuck on. They won't give any important awards to a cape film.
>>
>>85046298

They make enough sense. Plotholes aren't as big a deal as people make them out to be, especially in blockbusters.

BvS had issues beyond plotholes.
>>
>>85046314
They're gonna have Leto killed to make sure it gets a statue.
>>
>>85046214
>They have done nothing but flesh him out.
>Smiles & campy silliness aren't character depth.
By the same token, making him NOT smile and keeping him stoic constantly, with the same stoic grimace on his face constantly doesn't flesh him out either.
>>
>>85044916
I just take it to mean that this movie is going to produce huge advancments in filmmaking technique they have to have it underwater they will be forced to find a way.
>>
>>85045742
But it didn't do ANY damage to the characters by giving us a alternate version of them differing from the classics because of differing context.
>>
File: 1429648403706.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1429648403706.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>85042293

>One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies.

No. NO. FUCK NO. Stop it.

No more of fucking slamming 3-4 iconic stories together. Pick one and go with it.
>>
>>85042293

Fuck you DC

>Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up movie

Fucking disgusting

>- One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies. Their two biggest targets right now are Kingdom Come,

Now i know this leak is fake as fuck.
>>
>>85044953
>one for me/one for them
What do you mean?
>>
>>85046341
He has reasons for acting that way though.
>>
>>85042293

>Snyder will be the last guy to touch Superman for a long time

This isn't how I wanted big blue to go out.
>>
>>85046108
But it made perfect fucking sense.
>>
File: fortomorrow3.jpg (309KB, 827x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fortomorrow3.jpg
309KB, 827x1024px
>>85045654
Like Superman smiles a lot. Confirmed pleb.
>>
File: 1468111784647.png (627KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468111784647.png
627KB, 1597x1600px
>>85042271
>no source
>gets serious replies anyway
>>
Report from WHERE?

Has anyone in this thread even verified a source, before spouting off?
>>
>>85046377
In the theatrical cut Superman isn't as fleshed out, his actions are contextualised better in the Ultimate cut.
>>
>>85046056
Sucker Punch was only bad because nothing had any weight because it was almost all dreams.
And there is nothing wrong with sexy school girls fighting dragons and giant samurai, but don't have it be in the same film where they are getting raped and lobotomies in real life.
>>
>>85043537

>he didn't get anon's sarcasm

Jesus
>>
>>85046394
There's never a source other than "my uncle who works for WB", but people can still have fun discussing it though.
>>
>>85042293
>Flashpoint

What an obvious and easy way to undo everything Snyder has done.
>>
>>85044759
>it's the horror aspect.
But that is a extremely fucking good thing to be in the film.
>>
>>85046348

>But it didn't do ANY damage to the characters by giving us a alternate version of them differing from the classics because of differing context.

If you stripped every last drop of DC out of the film and called it Dayman vs Nightman: Dawn of Justice it would still be a bad film on a character level.

>>85046366

Basically Warner lets a director create a passion project or a more financially risky movie as long as they then do a more conventional studio picture next time, and the cycle goes on.

Think about Nolan's career, and how he was making movies about magicians and mind heists in-between his Batman movies. That's the one for me/one for them system.
>>
>>85046394
From 4channer's mind.
>>
>>85045149
If they had not used such a sparse costume they could probably solve the breathing problem with air tanks in the trident and some sort of tiny experimental breath mask with hoses in the suit.

The speech problem however i dont know how the hell they are going to make that work.

Knowing what synder thinks about talking in costume though i doubt they were worried when they greenlit this film but now that synders way has been shown to be wrong they must be panicking.
>>
>>85046387
Majority of /co/ are actually stupid.
>>
I already hate The Flash movie. Fucking Reverse Flash to start, probably Daniel West, and fucking Cyborg?!?! Fuck him. Bland character forced in an origin movie. When in hell have Barry/Vic EVER had a decent dynamic? Also no more Superman films is a mistake. God I hate this damn clusterfuck of a universe
>>
>>85046341
No but his conflict & concerns, and subtle emotions & reactions do.
>>
>>85044889

>a significant part of the movie is going to HAVE to be set underwater

That's the hard part. There's a certain motion to everything when humans try to move around underwater. They're slow as fuck. We're not built for it.

Atlanteans move in the water as easily as we do on land. Remember his slow lunge at the camera? He only booked it once his CG kicked in and it was really jarring.

I just hope they're not going full Thor with it and forcing most of the movie to take place on land, or just domed, aerated underwater cities.
>>
>>85046435
But it's not bad on a character level.
This is the most relatable and understandable Superman I have ever seen in live action.
This is a almost perfect Lois Lane (needs just a bit more snark)
And this is a 95% perfect Batman.
>>
>>85045508
Superman is more then just a comic book character he is an american cultural icon.
>>
>>85045652
That was one good thing about the film yes.
Only times it came up was luthor at the start, the email and the dialogue between supes and wondy at the end
>>
>>85046506
Americans take their cultural icons too seriously.
>>
>>85046506
>Superman is more then just a comic book character he is an american cultural icon.
The amusing thing is how Snyder took the American out of Superman. He is now just a dangerous illegal alien who has no home in America, not even a job at the Daily Planet now that Clark is dead.
>>
>>85046506
>he is an american cultural icon

and thats all he is, doesn't mean people want to watch a movie about him.
>>
>>85046573
What the fuck are you talking about?
He specifically says he is about as American as you can get in Mos.
Clark doesn't follow orders from America in the comics either.
How the fuck is this different?
>>
>>85046611
>He specifically says he is about as American as you can get in Mos.
Saying and doing are two different things. He can say what he likes, he doesn't have an American identity left. Even his intended best friend at work was killed for laughs.
>>
>>85046573
>how Snyder took the American out of Superman
>the american

whatever that means.
>>
>>85046644
Who?
>>
>>85046648
>whatever that means.
The Clark Kent.

The Clark Kent mask, which he can't wear anymore.
>>
>>85046056
>>85046059
Think about it what does synder like
>destroying buildings
Check
>no apparent care for collateral damage
Check
>Religious imagry.
Im not going to pretend it will be any less stupid and hamfisted then his superman imagry but it wont be so distracting because it will be during a deluge of other angles. (Basicly he will think the imagry is deep but to everybody watching its just something you expect to see)

And lets not pretend those games had a good story so theres no concern there

I say give him one chance to get it right plus if it is shit he wont be allowed to touch anything Japanese again just like hes not going to be allowed to touch anything holywood.
>>
>>85046661
>Who?
Jimmy Olsen.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-zack-snyder-explains-why-he-killed-off-jimmy-olsen-a6954956.html
>>
>>85046664
>i've never red Superbro
Get out.
>>
File: War-of-Supermen-4-6-7.jpg (300KB, 1170x900px) Image search: [Google]
War-of-Supermen-4-6-7.jpg
300KB, 1170x900px
>>85046668
>>
>>85046214
One thing i will admit is if you look at his childhood his actions make perfect sense he has always been heavily influenced by his father.

Its not a matter of not ma superman its not ma Jonathan

It was still fucking stupid
>>
>>85046678
Who is that? It was Talon.
>>
>>85042271
Any actual source for ALL OF THIS or are you just a shitposting chimp ?
>>
>>85046678

Considering Jimmy was played by Zach from The OC I'm amazed I haven't seen an "UM WATCHA SAY" version of his death yet.
>>
>>85046314
I could see aquaman getting an award on technical grounds.
Then again i suppose thats not an important award
>>
>>85046722
You need to believe in faggot.
>>
>>85046348
If you want to do that make a fucking elseworlds film.

Call it what if Jonathan kent was an overprotective uncaring coward.
>>
>>85046369
Yeah because pa kent was so out of character.
>>
>>85046394
Eh its fun to talk as if its viable
>>
>>85046668
>>no apparent care for collateral damage
Except Clark factually did care about such hence...
>Trying to drag Faora out of Smallville (Only to be tackled by Non)
>Punching Non into the train yard & out of main street.
>Never punching, pushing, tackling or throwing Zod thru any buildings in Metropolis. He dragged him alongside one but that was about it.
>Let loose with those full power punches & took Zod to the edge of downtown before Zod swerved back in.
>Killed Zod before anyone else could get killed in the battle.
>Took Doomsday into space almost immediately.
>Held onto Doomsday even after seeing the nuke coming.
>Died to stop Doomsday.
I guess since he didn't actually cry and scream out "NO THE PEOPLE" that all went over your lying piece of shit head.
Lol Snyder actually does something subtely and your bitch ass misses it.
>>
>>85046401
Its the theatrical cut that matters.
>>
>>85046435
>Warner lets a director create a passion project or a more financially risky movie as long as they then do a more conventional studio picture next time
Oh thats a really neat system.
>>
>>85046854
Whatevs bruh
>>
>>85046758
>if you want to do that make a fucking elseworlds film.
It IS a alternate universe from the previous films.
>overprotective uncaring coward.
If he was uncaring he wouldn't have tried to hammer in the notion of the big picture and the countless many lives that hang in the balance besides just the ones right in front of Clark.
If he was a coward he wouldn't have died to protect them.
>>
>>85046773
He wasn't out of character.
He was perfectly in character.
He just lives in a realistic world with consequences instead of a bright happy fantasy land.
>>
>>85046471
>domed, aerated underwater cities
The only way i would accept any large chunk of the film occuring in such a place is if its for scenes involving diplomacy with surface dwellers.

Your right about the speed they should have cast a profesional swimmer.
>>
>>85046533
Everybody takes there cultural icons seriously.
Making a film where Superman does not give a dam would be like making a film where Ned Kelly surenders to the authorities at the first oportunity (not that i approve of him as an icon ausfag worship of him is bizarre), where Simpson was to scared to ride out on his donkey or where Scheherazade does not know any good stories.

Imagine if in ghostbusters 2 when they animated lady liberty she smashed an incoming boat with immigrants and refugees.
>>
>>85046471
>I just hope they're not going full Thor with it and forcing most of the movie to take place on land, or just domed, aerated underwater cities.

It has to be done that way. There's no other way to do it.
>>
>>85046678
This feels like far more of an insult to olsen fans then just not having him at all would be
>>
>>85046894
If you want to have alternante interpretations of a character dont put your film in a shared universe.
>>
>>85046894
Ok i will admit that was a poor choice of words.
But it still wasent fucking jonathan kent.
>>
>>85047079
>olsen fans

Who?
>>
>>85047114
But it works perfectly fine in a shared universe.
>>85047124
No of course not, the real Pa Kent is suppose to sell Clark fantasy land bullshit about how perfect he is and how nothing will ever go wrong because he was born to be a Mary Sue who can turn back time instead of facing consequences like a actual fucking character.
How dare he give Clark practical worldly advice and the actual fucking truth about how inconsistent and offen awful humanity is.
>>
>>85047124
>Ok i will admit that was a poor choice of words.
You have my respect for this.
>>
>>85047189
The real pa kent is meant to be optimistic.

As for a shared univetse working no we are now stuck with a universe where batman fucking brands people
>>
>>85047211
>The real pa kent is meant to be optimistic.
There is being optimistic and there is being blindly naive.
He was optimistic about Clark's future regardless if he could see the realistic hardships he would have to endure and the hands of humanity.
>no we are now stuck with a universe where batman fucking brands people
So?
And he has stopped.
>>
>>85047211
>The real pa kent
>muh adaptations have to be the exact same as muh picture books
Fuck off.
>>
>>85047211
>As for a shared univetse working no we are now stuck with a universe where batman fucking brands people

He did it for like three months and then stopped, you big baby. It was a fucking plot point about how he had lost his way and was on the edge of falling off the rails entirely until Superman INSPIRES him to become a proper hero again.
>>
>>85047250
He would never have thought the world was ready.
You can want to be cautious but having him say clark should have let those children drown is horrible superman is not a greater good type hero.

Better advice to give would be to say he should have tried to avoid being seen after the rescue
>>85047299
It happened the people of gotham city will remember it.
>>
File: pixlr.jpg (1MB, 2048x1865px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
1MB, 2048x1865px
>>85047211
Yeah.
>>
>>85047435
HE DID NOT FUCKING SAY TO LET THEM DROWN YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
He said it out of desperation to get his point across.
Thousands could fucking die if Clark Is revealed.
Genocides could happen to spite the being that proves religions false.
>superman is not a greater good type hero.
Then he is not a good hero.
There is nothing wrong with making THIS Superman in THIS realistic world be such.
>>
>>85047497
>Thousands could fucking die if Clark Is revealed.
?
>>
>>85045342
>They established Bruce's trauma about his mom 2 minutes into the movie and went back to it multiple times. They definitely didn't pull it out of their ass. Whether or not you liked the motive is a whole different story.
Supes mother.
>>
>>85042271
>>85042293
>Johns replaced Snyder
Yes, that's not new.

>MUH RESHOOTS
Bullshit.

>Wonder Woman reshoots
Bullshit.

>Johns and Wan rewriting Aquaman
Bullshit. They're just outlining the story. Will Beall is the script writer.

>Shazam delayed
Bullshit. That movie's three years away, they have all the time in the world.

>Everything else
Unsubstantiated bullshit that plays up current rumors and/or logical developments.

Everything written here is pulled straight out of your ass.
>>
>>85047518
I recognize this anon. According to him if Superman reveals himself muslims will kill everybody because religion and this was a "realistic" take.
>>
>>85047518
Social upheavals at Aliens existing.
Political unrest at a country harboring such a being.
Religious retaliation.
Panic & hysteria at his power.
>>
>>85047464
It's strange how you guys keep going to pre-crisis stuff to defend your shit while also talking about how it's not 1938 any more and the "haters" need to grow up.
>>
>>85047594
They kill people over too much of the female face being visible.
You think they would take it well that a incredibly powerful being exist that proves their religion false?
>>
You got any sources for that? Or does your dad works for WB too?
>>
>>85047610
I love the fuck out for the DCEU so far and even I dislike the 1938 line in Bvs.
>>
>>85047595
Then put that stuff in your movie.
People didn't start panicking at all until the World Engine started dubstepping people to death.

Independence Day handled their "aliens exist" infinitely better than Man of Steel did. Martial law got declared, most people started moving out of major cities, some crazies stayed behind to welcome the visitors.

Man of Steel? Zod confirms to the entire planet that aliens exist and they don't even close school the next day. Oh yeah. It changed EVERYTHING.
>>
>>85047435
>It happened the people of gotham city will remember it.

Sop what? Batman is meant to be a scary boogieman figure.
>>
>>85047624
That has nothing to do with my point but given what you just admitted to that doesn't' surprise me.

And because I know it's going to trigger you, Snyderverse is extremely campy. Because camp does not, and has not ever, meant "light in tone" outside of your broken head. You just traded light camp for grimderp and think it's brilliant because you're a twelve year old.
>>
>>85047595
>a realistic take is everyone going fucking mental and killing everyone just because there's one alien that looks like a kid
You're not really qualified to be arguing this point. Putting aside that there's never going to be vague "Social upheavals at Aliens existing" (why the fuck would that happen?), most religions, if they don't explicitly accept beings not from Earth existing in their texts, have gone on the record saying they're cool with it. Aliens are never going to prove religion false anymore than all of fucking science has so far. Thus "religious retaliation" is never going to happen, don't be fucking retarded. Muslims aren't going to suddenly start killing even more people because of aliens, you twit, and they can barely kill people right now fueled by the standard religious fervor. Again, ignoring aliens existing isn't going to actually cause anything with them to fucking begin with. Political unrest, maybe, but people have a vested interest in the status quo and no one's going to do anything over one fucking invincible son. As for Panic and hysteria, I point you to the mid 20th century. We had atomic bombs, capable of reducing the world to radioactive ash 100 times over, and people lived everyday under the very real shadow that it could be the last. And you know what tremendous panic and hysteria we got out of that?

Hippies.

You idea is dumb, and it's clear the movie never even considered half of your ridiculous bullshit as a motivating fear for Pa Kent anyway.
>>
>>85047651
Irrelevant it was the rational logical and justltified fear of such happening that drove Pa Kent. Just because it didn't happen doesn't make it a invalid concern.
>>
>>85047672
No camp is a lack of sencerity or believibility.
Snyderverse has exactly those things.
It's not derp in anyway.
It's a realistic environment with realistic people.
And no I don't think it's brilliant but I desperately appreciate the change of pace from the silly garbage that preceeded it.
And I'm 24.
>>
>>85047710
And by a realistic environment I mean that actions have weight and consequence to them. And mistakes can't just be waved away.
>>
>>85047710
>camp is a lack of sencerity
Are you retarded? Camp needs sincerity. Camp isn't some ironic affectation, it's playing the shtick completely straight. It doesn't fucking work otherwise.
>>
>>85047710
>No camp is a lack of sencerity or believibility.
No, it isn't. That's the definition you made up.

Camp is simply an artistic style that places emphasis on theatricality, dynamism, and artifice over structure. Snyder's films are literally that. You guys have been saying as much for years now. The onlly difference is you've been calling it "kino" and "symbolism" because you don't know what words mean.
>>
>>85047735

I loved how it was mentioned that Superman stays away from political conflicts, which is always the first step towards justice lords like scenarios.
>>
>>85047680
>Just because it didn't happen doesn't make it a invalid concern.
If there's even a 1% chance.
>>
>>85047763
If your laughing & cringing at the absurdity of something then it's not sincerely handled.
The concept is being treated as a joke. It's being slapped in face and spit on.
>>
>>85047796
>If your laughing & cringing at the absurdity of something then it's not sincerely handled.
Then the Snyderverse wasn't.
>The concept is being treated as a joke. It's being slapped in face and spit on.
That's what we've been saying. And you can't hear it, because you're twelve.
>>
>>85047766
Never used Kino in my life & I don't give a rats ass about the 2 minutes or so of religious symbolism.
Snyder's films have a grand epic sense of scope to them completely unrelated to the symbolism but at the same time such isn't exagerative or what your claiming to be camp at all.
>>
>>85047811
But your factually wrong.
What your describing is crap like Ultimatum or Nemesis.
This is just straight seriousness. It isn't reveling in violence or gore. Or psychotic irrational attitudes.
>>
>>85047811
But there is nothing even vaguely absurd about Mos or Bvs.
>>
>>85047828
>Snyder's films have a grand epic sense of scope to them
That's the camp.
>but at the same time such isn't exagerative or what your claiming to be camp at all.
Me and the dictionary. Seriously if you're so sure you're right, prove it. Cite where you're getting your definition of the term. Because if you go to wikipedia, or merriam-webster or literally anywhere else they're going to agree with me.

The Snyderverse dialogue alone is too bombastic for "realism" as you're claiming. It can only be camp. Just because the word triggers you (since you don't know what it means) doesn't mean this is not the case. Guess what? The Nolan movies were also campy.
>>
>>85047853
>This is just straight seriousness
The memes alone prove this is not the case.
It's SELF-serious, certainly. Which all camp is. It revels in its own theatricality. Its ostentatious.

Every time you call it "epic' you're just confirming it's camp because you don't know what the terms mean and are too confident that you're right to actually find out otherwise. Because you're twelve.
>>
>>85047869
But your fucking lying.
Batman & Robin is factually camp.
Adam West is factually camp.
Mos & Bvs have nothing even vaguely in common with then.
The proceedings having a sense of power& gravity makes for being grand or epic, that is not the same thing as camp. Camp requires exaggeration. This isn't exaggerated, this just naturally feels grand & important.
>>
>>85047893
But self seriousness is a good thing.
And by epic I mean that it is powerful and massive in scale.
Camp = cartoonishness or childishness.
There is nothing childish about Mos or Bvs in anyway shape or form.
>>
>>85046678
>we could have had eisenburg as olson and someone else as lex
OH MY GOD FLASHPOINT FLASHPOINT NOW
>>
>>85047902
You don't know what camp means.
>>85047923
You also seem to think "serious" and "SELF-serious" are the same thing. Look you can keep giving your definitions if you want but the rest of the world doesn't use the words like you do. Snyderverse is campy by the actual definitions of the term. And in fact, it's more campy than the Nolan movies, and maybe even the MCU.

Also
>a movie unverse where a young bruce wayne is lifted into the lights by a swarm of bats
>this isn't theatricality over practicality because you say so
>>
>>85047923
>Camp = cartoonishness or childishness.
No. Camp = exaggeration. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>85047669
Batman is meant to be a scary boogeyman to criminals he considers the law abiding publics fear of him an unfortunate side affect.
>>
>>85047893
>are too confident that you're right to actually find out otherwise
Fine, you think the grand theatricality of Snyderverse falls under the definition of camp.
Fine you win on that.
But regardless it still is not the type of trash that the Reeves & West & Joel products are permeated in.
The outfits, the sets, the environments, the tone, the buildings, the cities, the characters, the proformances (except mabye Jesse) the world building of Mos & Bvs. It all feel real which is what those prior film lacked in every aspect. That is my point.
>>
>>85047680
But it does make it not pa kent.
>>
>>85047992
Self serious is a irrational bullshit lie made up for people to dismiss things they dislike because it dared to treat it's material with dignity.
>>
>>85047784
It really is pretty much the same argument
>>
>>85048031
Yes It does unless you think Pa Kent should be a horrible person who sells lies to his son instead of actually preparing him for the world.
>>
>>85042933
How do you make him a menace alone ?
>>
>>85048021
>It all feel real
No it doesn't. Cynical yes, deconstruction certainly, real? Nope.
The entire premise hinges on the unreal. Otherwise why wasn't NORAD able to detect Clark's ship?
>>
>>85047902
I think batmans anti missile shield was maybe a little campy
>>
>>85048038
No, self series is the child screaming "LET ME DO IT" before he's ready and then fucking up and still demanding to be treated like an adult. Self serious is the twelve year old that thinks he's got the whole world figured out with his reductive argument of "people suck".

Like how you're doing.
>>
>>85048075
But people do factually fucking suck.
Not all for sure.
I'm not asking that they portray the whole world as bad & ugly (they didn't) I'm asking that they mearly don't dance around or sugar coat the parts that are bad.
>>
>- Justice League is being produced under strict management
Great, more dumbed down, made-by-committee corporate crap.

The problems with MoS and BvS were not the tone, but the story.

Thanks for throwing out the idea of not making formulaic action-comedy clone movies like Marvel does.
>>
>>85048687
There making a fucking suicide squad movie thats about as far from cookie cutter as you can get

And im ok with copying marvel if it means the more outlandish heros get some spotlight
>>
>>85042377
>>85042492
>>85043494

Sure he can - this is the interwebz, anon.

>>85042440
>>85042817
>>85042852
>>85042908
>>85042941
>>85043093
>>85043836

The turgid fantasies of a Johns fanboy.
>>
>>85042271
>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.
And there goes my hope of the moving being a good horror action thing
>>85042271
>>85042293
And not a single source to back this up
>>
>>85043022
>>85042271
the reshoots were to make it funny bullshit has already been debunked, this is bullshit
>>
>>85042293
why does warner have such a massive hard on for Deathstroke?
>>
>>85042271
>They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.
This just shows how creatively bankrupt they are. It could be as simple as making the antagonist(s) The Rogues instead of Reverse Flash, and it would straight away become distinct from the show, because even the dynamics would change. Fucking idiots. Also, I'm pissed off that there is no Black Manta in Aquaman.
>>
>>85048821
>>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.
>And there goes my hope of the moving being a good horror action thing

Yeah, it went to shit. Johns is the most vainilla guy in all DC. We will get his Aquaman and nothing more. No terror, no environmental stuff, no mystic stuff, only muh king.

>>85049005
The designe and the name

>>85042271
>Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.

Nothing can be worst that this. Snyder's vision allows different creators to add different inputs and choose anything they want, with snyder ever movie could had been different. With Geoff everything will be adaptations of Geoff's work, no balls, nothing really different than what marvel is doing.
>>
>>85046274
How about fuck up you. If you read Superman comics he has ALWAYS been that way. In BVS he barely even says anything. Read a comic you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1469898008442.png (215KB, 222x363px) Image search: [Google]
1469898008442.png
215KB, 222x363px
>>85042293

SUPERKEKS ETERNALLY BTFO

YOU IN BAT COUNTRY NIGGA
>>
>>85044261
>Forgetting based Fisherman
>>
Oh look 350 posts and not a single source. And googling brings up /tv/ as the source.

Fake as shit.
>>
>>85052175
As someone who used to do fake leaks all of the time for attention (High school was a rough time for me) OP is exactly the kind of shit I would have come up with.

You start off with a plausible base making logical conclusions based off an existing platform, in this instance change being facilitated off of Geoff Johns' promotion. Makes sense that they'd make changes right?

Then you start going a little off the beaten path, you validate a few genuine concerns from the community that have (Shazam might be canceled, Flash series is having trouble differentiating from TV series) while also tying other established rumors from other sources into the mix (Harley Quinn solo movie and Birds of Prey for example)

It's too fucking easy and you will always get 100s of responses from gullible fucking idiots who want to be validated on both sides of the fence.
>>
>>85042377
Half his stuff was already proven wrong. It's a modified copypasta with new material. Why this thread wasn't deleted is baffling.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.