[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C L U S T E R F U C K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 30

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/29/12330184/avengers-infinity-war-no-longer-two-movies-marvel-disney

>damage control to justice league being individual movies
>78 characters
>not a split movie
What a shitshow
Yikes!
>>
To be fair, Marvel did CW as a reaction to BvS
>>
File: pancakes.jpg (238KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
238KB, 816x1356px
> shitposters actually think marvel movies is worried at all about DC movies after the recent clusterfucks

> people will give this thread and stupid uninformed posts like >>85024281 serious replies
>>
>>85024238
This has just been bad journalism.

The Russos said a while ago they were gonna change the names because the movies are both distinct and don't really feel like a part 1/part 2.

Then they actually go ahead with changing the names and online journalists go "durr I wonder what's going on here!?"
>>
I bet Thanos doesn't even show up in (what used to be) Part 1 now.
>>
You retards like men in your buttholes.
>>
>>85024281
This.

Marvel will attempt copying deadpool, but with which character? Spiderman?

They even gave him black lines, it's fucking embarrassing
>>
>>85024417
I bet Thanos has a rap battle with quiplord

YO YO I'M THANOS
I'M THE BOSS
FUCK HACK RUSSOS
WE WANT BACK JOSS

What a shitty universe
>>
>>85024455
Faggot mouseboy
>>
Wait, didn't we know months ago that they weren't going to be called part 1 and part 2?

I swear we knew about this around Civil War's release.
>>
>>85024814
Yes, this announced that they were going to be changing the names like a month or two before Civil War came out.
>>
>>85024839
>>85024814
Yep.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war/40445/avengers-infinity-war-films-to-get-new-titles
>>
>>85024370
The Russo's admitted CW was a reaction to BvS though. He didn't make that up.
>>
First film will essentially be Thanos Quest.
Second film will be Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
Nice try, anon.
>>
The first movie should be Thanos Quest and the rest of the Avengers can just fuck off.
>>
>>85024238
pathetic thread tbqh
>>
>>85024814
But it was said they would still be a duology, just have different names, like infinity gauntlet and infinity wars.
>>
>Civil War is a reaction to BvS
>turns out to be the infinitely better film
I'm okay with the MCU just reacting to the DCEU.
>>
>>85025017
It still is.
>>
>>85025050
>civil war is a kids movie made by Disney
>bvs is for older audiences

I'm okay with Disney marvel being the kid friendly version of DC

Why are they so based?
>>
File: splat.png (25KB, 123x106px) Image search: [Google]
splat.png
25KB, 123x106px
>>
>>85024238
theyre just renaming it infinity gauntlet instead of infinity war part II you retard, directors said already that they arent part 1 and part 2
>>
>>85024814
We did. People just have short attention spans.
>>
It will be a clustefuck, but the quips will be lit tho
>>
>>85024928
>>85024947
they will never do this but it would be incredible if they actually did
>>
>>85025017
And that's still the case, what's your point?
>>
>>85025111
This. The fact of that matter is that Marvel shills and "general audiences" are just too stupid to understand the philosophical depth and subtle nuance of Zack Snyder's brilliant Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. 20 years from now, it'll be looked back on as the apex of cape movies the likes of which nothing ever came close to before and never will come close to after. The sheer amount of craft and symbolism in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is akin to the highest forms of art. Its only flaw is being too deep for all the mindless children who have been rendered brain dead by the MCU's onslaught of quips and memes literally making a generation of movie viewers too stupid to understand and appreciate genuine artistry and intellectual masterwork.

Truly, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the total realization and abject manifestation of capekino.
>>
>>85025111
>Why are they so based?
Because unlike the DCEU they can make good movies.
>>
>>@85025222
Nice trips, but you need to work in the words delectable and indelible, as well as perspicacious before you can have my (You)s.
>>
That sounds awfully familiar
>>
>>85025222
Okay buddy.
>>
>>85025222
Hi Zack. How's intro to philosophy going?
>>
File: 1469832679677.gif (355KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1469832679677.gif
355KB, 250x140px
>>85025222
>>
>>85025277
I'm not your buddy, guy.
>>
>>85024919
>>85024281
>>85024370
Who the fuck wouldn't do it, though?

Batman v. Superman is a scary title to compete against, and they did a great job at it. In retrospect it kind of seems like they built a cannon to break an egg, but still.

It's good that DC is making Marvel uneasy, that generally makes for better movies.

Also,
>78 characters
>not a split movie
They've already said that it wasn't 78 characters and that the movies would change titles long ago. These aren't news.
>>
BvS was a response to The Avengers, so...
>>
>>85025229
Why are you company waring?

DC is objectively deeper and grittier, tailored for mature audiences, look at bvs.

Marvel is lighter and fun, tailored for little kids and Their fathers.

We're all friends here, relax
>>
>>85025485
Avengers was a response to the dark knight sooooooooo
>>
File: image.jpg (803KB, 1953x1027px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
803KB, 1953x1027px
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/avengers-infinity-war-renamed

>May 5th 2016

Dude they literally announced they will be changing the movie titles almost 4 months ago

Its not like this was a last minute ditch decision because of "damage control". Feige put Russos on Infinity War and obviously they want to make changes to the movie.

I'm not trying to be "Marvel drone", but let's use some common sense her folks. When is summer over?
>>
>>85025509
>Why are you company waring?
I'm not, I was just stating an objective fact.
>>
>>85025538
The Dark Knight was in response to my ass, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
>>
File: image.jpg (460KB, 2000x1134px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460KB, 2000x1134px
>>85025222
>capekino
>this whole thread
>>
>>85025509
>DC is objectively deeper and grittier,
Grittier yes, deeper no.

Heck, there's more about the uniqueness and value of humanity in Guardians of the Galaxy than philosophy in either of the DCEU movies. They aren't particularly deep, because they just state their 'philosophy' and don't actually explore it.
>>
>>85025568
Your ass was a response to my dick, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
>>
>>85024238
They said this months ago. How is this news?

>>85024281
True. It's also funny they were able to pull off a verses movie better than the DCEU.
>>
TRIGGER WARNING:

I enjoyed BvS and Civil War
>>
>>85025585
I think you should just stick to marvel movies, dc seems a little too vexing for you.

Doctor strange is coming out soon!!
>>
File: 1469881889819.jpg (231KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469881889819.jpg
231KB, 471x500px
>Snyderfriends are still this buttblasted about the MCU
Pretty pathetic.
>>
>>85025597
Your birth is a response of my dick in your mom soooooooooooooooo
>>
>>85025663
Weren't you publically banned for posting this a few months ago?
>>
>>85025721
Werent you 1.jpg?
>>
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely-on-the-status-of-the-avengers-a144082

> "We're many drafts in. We're on the third draft of movie one and the second draft of movie two. [We're writing them in tandem] as much as we can. On any given day, you're only working on one but that doesn't mean that next week, you aren't working on the other one. And certainly, notes are coming in and all sorts of production stuff is coming in, like for instance, 'that thing over there is now a window not a door so adjust that.' Or, 'we're not going to this town now, we're going to this town.' That kind of stuff happens constantly and will continue to happen for the next few months. "

"When we lock ourselves in a room with the Russo brothers and a couple of execs from Marvel, one wall has cards for movie one and the other wall has cards for movie two and another wall has little baseball cards of every character still alive in the Marvel universe - down to Darcy's boyfriend in Thor 2 - literally, anybody who did not die and has been established as alive. And then we looked at that began to shuffle the cards around. So basically, the big scene is when Darcy's boyfriend and Galactus get together and....[laughs]. "
>>
>>85025795
Do I look like an image? What are you talking about?

On an unrelated note, doc strange and SW team up in infinity war please :^)
>>
>>85025578
is this image made by a person who thinks capekino is serious
>>
>>85024238
Let the Russo Bros do their own thing. Winter Solider was great...studio interference create civil war
>>
>>85025425
This. Competition is good it has challenged Marvel to try to step out of their box. I'm hoping it pans out because Thor 3 has gotten me cautiously optimistic for a true Thor film. And Dr Strange is definitely different from their normal stuff.
>>
>>85025868
>Darcy's boyfriend and Galactus get together and..
Do they mean Galactica? Do it! My dick would be diamonds!
>>
>>85027153
Everything I hear about Thor 3 catches me by surprise, for good and bad.

In fact, I wasn't even planning on going to see it, but they picked Taika Motherfucking Waititi, who is probably my favourite indie director, so I'm there.
>>
>>85025425
>Cannon to break and Egg
honestly can you blame them? BvS was supposed to be the flagship that launched the DCEU. How were they supposed to know that WB would shit the bed that badly?

We live in a universe where a Superman vs Batman film was made and it sucked.

They miscast fucking Lex Luthor of all people. How do you do that?

Meanwhile we get Gaurdians of the Galaxy as a appetizer for Star Wars in terms of visual effects and genre and fucking Hank Pym of all characters gets a definitive actor?

Who the fuck is writing our universe?
>>
>>85027285
>They miscast fucking Lex Luthor of all people. How do you do that?

Quite easily actually, they've done it several times.
>>
>>85027285
>Who the fuck is writing our universe?
Definitely Morrison.
>>
>>85027285
>Who the fuck is writing our universe?Mojo? Or who the fuck is that F4 near omnipotent alien that just wants to have fun on earch and makes everyone act in his play. I only know him from the cartoon
>>
>>85027387
Impossible Man?
>>
>>85024238
I trust Disney to milk the ip for all it's worth. They must have found a more profitable path.
>>
>>85027427
That sounds right
>>
>>85025222
Is this pasta? It tastes an awful lot like pasta.
>>
>>85024238
I'm predicting 2.3 billion $ box office, 92% RT score.
>>
>>85024238
It is damage control but the actual reason is that movies split in 2 have been flopping or being dump to tv
It will basically be the same shit without the "part #" on the title to trick brain dead normies into thinking they're 2 different movies now
>>
>>85027853
All that money
Simply to make more money
>>
>>85024238
They're just changing the title from the working title to something more gripping than THE STORY - HALF OF THE STORY.
>>
>>85025509
Damn.
Zack REALLY did a number on you didn't he?
>>
>>85024522
>WE WANT BACK JOSS
Thanos is not that evil
>>
File: 1468634098362.jpg (44KB, 517x630px) Image search: [Google]
1468634098362.jpg
44KB, 517x630px
>>85025222
>BvS
>"intellectual masterwork"

oh god my sides
>>
>>85024480
You realize that moving eyes on a mask is a quintessential comic thing right? No one holds a copyright to that. The fact that they found a way to do it that still fits in their world is impressive. If Deadpool has laid the groundwork for Marvel to try more batshit things then they were already doing then we all win.

Deadpool was a fucking fluke for fox and they will do the opposite of what is right in order to see that success continue. Fox wants to ensure their movies continue to be successful? Sit down at the fucking table with Marvel and Sony.

You know which character would be the perfect bridge between All 3 currently successful Marvel universes, Deadpool. He could show up in the netflix shows and fit perfectly, Agents of Shield and fit wonderfully mocking the limits of TV and then back to the movies with no damn issue. No one would question the timeline or bat a fucking eye.
>>
>>85024370
This post makes me want pancakes.
>>
>>85025222
BvS isn't just a bad Superhero movie, It's a BAD MOVIE period. How that shit got through editing is amazing. There are almost NO establishing shots, the sense of time is fucked to all hell. Character motivations are a mess, the writing is comically bad. They shoehorned in WW. No matter how great her scenes were, you could remove her from the story completely and things would still unfold exactly the same.
Seriously I could go on and on.

Even if this was bait I had to react.
>>
This thread comes straight from bizzaro world.
>>
This is great idea.

No one fucking wants to see two part films, and I'd rather have two separate back to back Avengers films than this Harry Potter/Hobbit bullshit.
>>
It sounds like this was how it was always going to be, they just officially changed the names.

>This is apparently something the films' directors, the Russo brothers, have been discussing for a little while now. Entertainment Weekly points out that, back in May, one of the brothers said the two pictures are "very different movies" and that a name change was in the works. "We just haven’t come up with the titles yet," he said.
>>
>>85025509
Yes the new flash that can't save anyone without electrocuting everyone around him. Or Fox Quicksilver Whose speed level is never consistently established and can save an entire mansion full of i'm gonna say 50 plus people all spread out in a fraction of a second. Yet Apocalypse who has no speed abilities what so ever can some how stop him.
>>
File: divergent0003.jpg (200KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
divergent0003.jpg
200KB, 1280x1920px
It was I, Marvel Studios, I ruined your chances of you getting more money. I ruined all future 2 part finales everywhere. I RUINED EVERYTHIING.

Moral lesson: this is what happens when Hollywood gets too greedy.
>>
>>85031743
who?
>>
File: Pamcakes.jpg (233KB, 1247x888px) Image search: [Google]
Pamcakes.jpg
233KB, 1247x888px
>>85024370
>>85031392
All I can think of while reading this.
>>
>>85031535
This is right
>>
They should have made AOU and CW the two-parter.

>Avengers 2, Part One: Ultron War
>Avengers 2, Part Two: Civil War
>>
>>85031808
TL;DR: A Hunger Games clone movie based on a YA novel where the first half of a 2 part finale bombed and the finale is going to straight to TV.
>>
>>85025659
I'm huge DC fan when the stories are told properly. DC tells infinitely more interesting and compelling stories when they are allowed time to breath. Their DCCU is a fucking mess and if they have any hope of salvaging it they have to get rid of Snyder. Keep him on has cinematographer if you can, he definitely is one of the only big directors capable of capturing the grandiose nature of DC heroes. But he is a hack writer who has an extremely warped perspective of the characters he is in charge of.

They want any chance to save their DCCU then bring on Bruce Timm, Paul Weisman and Paul Dini as the universe managers. Have the strongest writers of Justice league and Young Justice work on all the scripts. Hell you wanna throw a bone to a strong young writer, Bring on Max Landis. His American Alien comic was amazing.

Stop playing catch up to marvel and let the story they want to tell be done slowly and methodically. They could probably start outpacing Marvel by the 3rd movie. Oh and stop trying to shove Shazam and Cyborg down our throats. Give people the justice league the MASSES are most familiar with at this moment. Give us John Stewart GL and Shieera as Hawkgirl.

Follow this guideline and I could promise you people would stop bitching about DC,
>>
>>85031946
So you think this is happening to Marvel too?
>>
>>85031993
No, Hollywood hopped on the trend where a finale of a series is separated into 2 films thanks to Harry Potter. Now thanks to Divergent bombing spectacularly, Hollywood realized the trend no longer works and Marvel finally noticed that.
>>
>>85024238
I was always under the assumption the "Part I Part II" thing was something of a placeholder, just sounds a little goofy for movies that aren't direct sequels like the Star Wars stuff. The main thing will be if they make the story flow from one to the next in close proximity chronologically or something, I don't think any of the movies has done that.
>>
>>85024238
Why are they merging parts 1 and 2 into one big movie?

I would rather have a well paced 5+ hour long story split over two movies than one rushed 2.5 hour movie.

There's too many things to address in a single movie, especially if all the marvel characters are going to be in infinity war.
>>
>>85032061
So Marvel is still doing a lot of money.
>>
>>85025509
You know, I'm not going to say that I could do better and I won't say it's bad, but that's some pretty basic ass fucking lightning to be bragging about.
>>
>>85032212
>Why are they merging parts 1 and 2 into one big movie?
They literally aren't. They are using the 'Infinity War' title for the first of the two movies (the second is currently 'Untitled Avengers'). I.e. the name change that we knew about months ago. Everyone has just stopped reading the articles at that point and extrapolated the most retarded conclusion.
>>
First movie will be earth based. Second movie is where it gets serious and they go into space.

Or maybe it's the opposite.
>>
>>85032453

I'm really interested to see how they make Thanos relevant to Earth (or rather, how they put Earth at the focus of Thanos' plans) since in the comic Earth was literally irrelevant to Thanos and every bad thing that happened to it was a result of him dicking around with his new powers on the other side of the universe.
>>
>>85032534
Well, they've got like half the infinity gems on earth now.

Maybe they'll ape DC and make Earth some kind of cornerstone of the universe
>>
>>85032453
I would love the first movie to end on Thanos completing the gauntlet and immediately wiping half the universe out. Fade to black, roll credits. That shit would have everyone talking until next one
>>
>>85032624
Too dark for a kids movie.
>>
>>85031572
Yeah, I was expecting them to make it Avengers: Under Siege then Avengers: Infinity War.
>>
>>85032657
I dunno, all you'd have to do is look up into space, and show one half of the stars in the sky suddenly blinking out of existence.

Dark implications, but would successfully raise the stakes pretty high
>>
File: 1410752971850.jpg (135KB, 1249x684px) Image search: [Google]
1410752971850.jpg
135KB, 1249x684px
>>85031922
>>
>>85032624
>>85032657
I heard there's some rule in China where if your villain doesn't get punished, you can't show the movie there.
>>
>>85032732
Really, China will just make up whatever excuse it wants to keep a foreign film out of its theaters
>>
>>85025406
needs
>it's not stupid!
>you're stupid!
>>
>>85024238

DC holding on to a movie that has one trailer out. life support cant be turned off soon enough.
>>
>>85032732
But Zemo won Civil War.
>>
>>85025868
The question is, is Daredevil on that wall?
>>
>>85024238
they just change the title IW part I/Part II for something else
>>
>>85025509
>Marvel is lighter and fun, tailored for little kids and Their fathers, mothers, friends, teenagers and their girlfriends, and sometimes even old people
>DC is objectively deeper and grittier, tailored for "mature audiences" (AKA single adult male fedora wearers)
>>
File: 1416267492610.png (461KB, 578x475px) Image search: [Google]
1416267492610.png
461KB, 578x475px
>>85025222
>This. The fact of that matter is that Marvel shills and "general audiences" are just too stupid to understand the philosophical depth and subtle nuance of Zack Snyder's brilliant Batman v Superman

I got as far as that.
>>
>>85031973
sorry you were too dumb for BvS
>>
>>85032983
He got taken in by Panther. It doesn't matter whether they win or accomplish their goals, if they receive punishment then it's fine.
>>
>>85032732
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows ended with Voldermort on top.
>>
"Capekino" is really a fucking fantastic meme. I have to complement /tv/ on this, they've done it again. And just when I thought they were losing their touch.
>>
>>85033445
You're either trolling or stupid as shit but i'll play.
What are the philosophical arguments being made in BvS that I am to simple to grasp? Please elaborate so that I may debate how the movie failed to accurately convey those themes in a coherent manner. If you refuse to elaborate and simply reply that you either don't have time or I wouldn't understand or that you don't want to explain it to me and I should look it up, then you are conceding to my argument.
>>
>>85034083
>You're either trolling or stupid as shit but i'll play.
>What are the philosophical arguments being made in BvS that I am to simple to grasp?

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character says that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
>>
>>85024238
>>78 characters

Yeah, that's to many
>>
>>85034208
*too many
FTFY
>>
>>85024238

I'm so fucking over Thanos and he hasn't even done anything yet. GET ON WITH IT!
>>
>>85024281
>>85025425
>>85025642
BvS destroyed Civil War in terms of quality. All they need now is better normie bait and they win. Seems like they already did it with JL.
>>
>>85034324

I am actually surprised how hyped people are for Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League considering everybody and their nan apparently hates MoS and BvS
>>
>>85034242
This is why you don't spend more than 4 years hyping something.
>>
>>85034083
I'm still waiting on your refutation.
>>
>>85034176
The fact that you believe being able to philosophically extrapolate all this shit makes the movie anything but a dead simple plot told and acted badly with some really butt ugly CGI means that while you might have read a couple philosophy books you have absolutely no goddamn clue what makes a story good or not.
>>
I love how people dont understand this.

Infinity War will be the beginning, maybe ending with snapping his fingers with the gauntlet. Then the next few movies will deal with the new world, and then Avengers 4 will be the ending with everyone teaming up to fight Thanos again.
>>
>>85034324
>BvS destroyed Civil War in terms of quality.
tell yourself that
>>
>>85033070
The actual real question is why Galactus is on that wall

F4 rights confirmed?
>>
>it's a pointless dick measuring contest between DC and Marvel
Name me one good reason not to watch movies from both.
>>
>>85025222
whats a six letter word that describes a fan of BvS?
>>
>>85034818
Cuckkk?
>>
>>85034818
Fedora
>>
>>85034818
Faggot
>>
>>85034818
Snyder
>>
>>85032453
Eh, I feel like focusing on settings like that is a little too simplistic. You can have a bit of Earth and a bit of Space in both movies.
>>
>>85034571
I'm the guy that challenged him, What he just tossed out is word soup, not even Snyder would interpret his work in such a bombastic and pretentious manner. Remember this is the director who suggested that Batman could get raped in his movies. The greatest philosophical argument the movie poses is spelled out by Luthor himself. Can a being that is all powerful be all good? That view that both Luthor and Bruce operate under is No. However the pathos behind their motivation to take down Superman are radically different.
Luthor desires to become a God among men by killing the closest thing humanity has seen to a god in his lifetime.

Bruce is tainted by years of fighting and seeing no progress. However he would sooner see humanities end brought about by their own hands then by the hands of an outsider. He has accepted his role as Demon of Gotham by the time we meet him in the story but still see's himself a self appointed guard to humanity. So while he sought no glory in killing Superman in his mind there would two positive outcomes. He would have'd saved humanity and his legend and ability to strike fear in criminals would grow exponentially.

All the base philosophical arguments made regarding human nature to meeting a being of almost absolute power are simplistic arguments because we have very good understanding of how humanity reacts now.

Just like the movie depicted poorly, Some would adore, Some would fear, Some wouldn't care, Some would see it as a challenge and Some would become fanatics.

Regarding how a being with absolute power would react to walking amongst man. It would be nothing like how the fuck Superman is portrayed. I could go into that but I've rambled enough.
>>
>>85034485
right here buddy
>>85035308
Without out the pretentious writing.
>>
>>85034324
Bizarro, get off of /co/
>>
>fuck we need a female lead superhero
>.....who won the Oscar last year?

>wow these part 2s are big money
>....put it on the slate.
>wow these part 2s arent big money
>....take it off the slate.

Legendary maverick producer Kevin Feige.
>>
>>85034176
All philosophy students are autistic. I'm sorry, but y'all need to expluhn to me like I'm 5.

I am Zach Snyder
>>
>>85035195
>>85035574
You must truly be retarded if you think that...
>>
>>85034808
Anon if we got rid of all the marvel vs dc wars a good quarter of the board would be gone.
>>
>>85037139
Is that supposed to be a negative?
>>
>>85037157
>some men just want to see the board burn
>>
>>85036340
They said months ago that they would be dropping the part 1/part 2 gimmick...
>>
>>85038476
Burn? Do you even realise how much better /co/ would be with a quarter of its activity gone? Fast boards are shit.
>>
So it will be another "nothing happens the movie". Safe as shit film, just in line with ten more marvel movies after it.
>>
"muh mature and deep bvs" is the shittiest 4chan meme(cancer)

Everyone that spout the bullshit is just dedicated troll or shitposter. People should stop reply to them.
>>
>>85024238
EVERYONE REMAIN CALM
ATTENTION, THEY ARE STILL GOING TO BE 2 MOVIES, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT PART 1 WILL BE THE ONLY ONE CALLED INFINITY WAR AND PART 2 DOESN'T HAVE AN OFFICIAL NAME YET.

HERE ARE THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT BOTH PARTS SCRIPTS
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely-on-the-status-of-the-avenger
>>
I'm surprised at how many people still pretend civil war isn't anything but a mediocre movie. I can barely remember anything other than the the airport scene and the ending fight. Even then it's not something I would rewatch. The movie had no consequences and the legitimate debate about the registration act was thrown out for muh bucky. BvS, despite being a divisive movie, had some of the most top notch and memorable scenes to come out of capefilms. I'd rather take that over a mediocre movie any day.
>>
>>85034324
>He believes in /tv/ memes

28%
>>
File: 1469623136166.png (652KB, 821x767px) Image search: [Google]
1469623136166.png
652KB, 821x767px
>>85039446
>>85034324
>>85034176
When will this meme end?
>>
>>85031743
2-part movies have sucked ever since Harry Potter brought them back into the spotlight.

Reminds me of that fucking Sony email thing about Spiderman where fucking every movie is a 2-parter for no particular reason.
>>
If you really believe Civil War is better than BvS (particularly the UC), you're a literal fucking manchild and incapable of intelligent thought.
>>
>>85040272
>I do not understand this, it must be very complex
>>
>>85024947
Yes lets have a movie about a character who we can't really empathize with.

Let's ignore the arcs we have set-up with the Avengers characters and just have them be boss fights for Thanos.
>>
>>85025894
Stephen and Wanda team-up is best team-up ever.
>>
>>85034242
When you're sitting in a comfy chair its hard to will yourself to get up, anon.

That's the struggle Thanos faces, the all-human struggle to get off your ass.

Poignant as fuck.
>>
>>85039365
You expect people to read the fucking article?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
>>
>>85040272

>You need a certain degree of intelligence to appreciate my comic book movies

How does it feel having a life so debased your only sense of accomplishment comes from the intellectualism you're desperately trying to project onto your entertainment?
>>
>>85031313
Still can't believe fox pulled it off though. They release the shit on valentine's day and made money of it.
>>
>>85039446
This argument is stupid, they discussed it as much as needed in the movie. We saw everyone taking sides, then a conflict arose that challenged the exact thing they were arguing over. What the fuck more do you want, 40 minutes of debate? This wasn't like the comics, the accords didn't apply to all meta humans, it applied specifically to the avengers. Watching them argue in circles would have been a waste of time.
Cap - Anti (After WW2 and Fall of Shield, won't trust handing over autonomy to anyone.)

Tony - For (Guilt over the damage they've caused and desire to keep everyone together.)

Widow - For (Being a spy and desire to keep everyone together, she'd rather work in the system.)

Warmachine - For (Military Man and Loyal friend to tony, also desires to keep everyone together.)

Falcon - Anti (Fall of shield and loyal friend to Cap)

Vision - For (Practical, Logical, easiest enforceable safe guard)

Wanda - Anti (Loyal to cap, distrust of people who see her as a monster and weapon. No desire to be controlled.)

Barton - Anti (Fall of shield, Fury Trusts Cap so he Trusts Cap.)

Lang - Anti (Idolizes Cap and understands the system doesn't work always)

Peter - For(Idolizes Stark and simply wants to do what is right.)

Panther - Indie

How were their motivations regarding the accords not well established? Do you really think people wanted to see Avengers: 12 angry men?
>>
>>85025222
Go to bed, Goyer.
>>
>>85042579
Man I've never bought into the idea that delivering a movie at a certain time ensures more revenue. Specifically when it's a good fucking movie. A good movie is a good movie and it will make money, either in the short term, long term or both. That whole idea about "Movie seasons" is that old out of touch movie exec thinking that should die in a fire.

Deadpool was a success because everyone on board had a singular vision and really enjoyed what they were working on. The studio stayed the fuck outta the way except when trying to screw them by chopping the budget which forced them to become more creative.
>>
Oh shit, a new thread in wich /co/ is saying how much the MCU sucks and how its all going to fail miserably.
>>
>>85039446
Marketing. Marvel is the "in" thing right now, DC is playing catch up. As a result, the cool, popular thing to think is Marvel is the best, DC is judged more harshly as people aren't willing to judge Marvel as much. It's bandwagoning really, and people love to hate. Take for example the new Ghostbusters, and how everyone reacted to the trailer, despite it just looking like any other lousy movie trailer with nothing great sticking out.

And it's this reason that people are going to hate Darkseid, because in the general public's mind, no matter what happens, he'll be seen as a Thanos ripoff as he'll probably show up first.
>>
>>85034176
>"Look, Mommy! I can use big words to sound smart!"
>>
>>85039446
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>85040272
>this movie was edited incoherently and it talked about philosophy
>THAT MEANS ITS GOOD
>>
It better be 4 fucking hours
>>
>>85043033
Whatever you say, kiddo.
>>
File: 1462152634217.png (253KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
1462152634217.png
253KB, 568x638px
>>85043264
>>85043418
>I can't form a counterargument so let me just write dismissive statements that don't really contribute to jack shit

The least you could have done was lower the post number by replying to both with the same post and practically the same comment.
>>
File: 1467829966822.jpg (68KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1467829966822.jpg
68KB, 750x726px
>>85043481
More like
Any logical objective person would have known that Civil war is better than BvS so if they can not see that by themselves why waste my time explaining
>>
File: 1428841761232.png (640KB, 564x631px) Image search: [Google]
1428841761232.png
640KB, 564x631px
>>85043823
>Any logical objective person would have known that Civil war is better than BvS
In what way? At least give some area before you just say "B-but I just won't waste my time explaining it, I swear my taste is better pls no bully"
>>
File: 1429931099707.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1429931099707.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>85044072
Civil war is better in every aspect except for cinematography. Its simply a better story with better characters and executed better. Should i really waste my time?, there are a lot of videos and reviews which carefully explain why Civil war > BvS but it's really not necessary, anyone can easily see why it is better. Go and play the hurr marveldrone card i do admit when marvel craps the bed (Thor movies,Age of ultron,etc even some decisions in Civil war can be questioned and it still stands better than BvS)
You realize you are not giving arguments and then complaining about other people not giving arguments, right?
>>
>>85031973
>They want any chance to save their DCCU then bring on Bruce Timm, Paul Weisman and Paul Dini

they all suck now though
>>
>>85044696
I'll add on to what this guy is saying: CW does the unthinkable and has the final conflict actually be about the two heroes with conflicting views duking it out, not teaming up to beat the villain secretly behind the scenes fucking shit up. The original CW did that too, I guess. That alone gives its plot more cohesion than BvS, which pulls the classic "heroes have conflicting ideologies, get into a fist fight, but then it was all orchestrated by the villain and they put aside all their differences and beat up some other villain in the finale, leaving their conflict unaddressed." Of course, one of them is dead, but there you are.

That said, the final fight was because of Tony trying to get revenge, not necessarily their conflicting views, but the movie still ends on the note of the two of them and their allies having to go separate ways because of their conflict. It's not a completely grim thing, there's the point that they might need to come together again and they're looking forward to it, but it still ends with their conflict causing a break in the team for logical reasons. Not merely skipped over because they had to punch a dude together.
>>
>>85031456
It really isn't. IF anything its mediocre and perhaps disappointing.

It gets a bit old seeing everyone running about claiming BvS is bad/garbage/the worst need to watch more movies. Sure its perhaps barley passable, but compared to most of the absolute crap that gets shoved into theaters, at least you can watch it.
>>
>>85042663

Unusually for a blockbuster movie, they actually thought about each character's motivation's.

Most film-makers only bother with the main protag and pretty much half-ass everyone else.
>>
>>85024238

>no longer a multipart movie.

fucking yes. It's dead. it's fucking dead at last.
>>
>>85045085
Oh please tell us Mr. Film Connoisseur how your taste are superior to ours?

You have absolute shit taste and shit opinions if you think BvS is a good movie.
>>
>>85032767
>grim runs off crying
I always liked how grim could be sensitive to insults despite being a grown man surrounded by children.
>>
>>85045192
This. Marvel is finished.
>>
>>85045202
Dude chill, It was never said it was a "good" movie, however people are treating it like its the worst movie ever made in the history of filmaking. It deserves a good amount of flack, but some folks have gone overboard and refuse to even give it a fair shake.
>>
>Avengers: Thanos Quest in 2018

>Avengers: Infinity War in 2019
>>
>>85032061
You are doing an apple and orange comparison the Marvel/Disney thing is its own beast. Just because it doesn't work for some companies don't mean it will flop for the MCU. Since they have a juggernaut backing them like Disney. They can push it and make it work. Harry Potter and the MCU is very similar in their scope. You can hype it endless since you have the star power or known face and the money to push it and people in charge who know what they are doing.
>>
>>85045192
>>85045248
They're just changing their names you retards...
>>
>>85024238
This doesn't feel like damage control at all. It feels like an expansion of what we were told months ago: that Infinity War Parts I and II were going to be two complete movies in and of themselves, and not simply a single movie with a six month break between the two halves.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160801_0008.png (190KB, 768x887px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160801_0008.png
190KB, 768x887px
>
>>
File: Thanos smile.jpg (210KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos smile.jpg
210KB, 970x545px
>>85045472
>>Avengers: Thanos Quest in 2018
>MFW it's Thanos trolls the universe: the movie
>>
>>85045827
Don't break the shitposting narrative anon, Snyderdrones will believe anything that makes the MCU seem like it will "flop".

Reminds me of the Guardians copypasta. Man, that was a funny one.
>>
>>85045680

1: the article states that the films will likely stand on their own more, making them more cohesive single entities
2: even given the possibility that the only thing that's changed is the name, this still shows that multipart movies have finally stopped.

even if it's just a cosmetic change, getting rid of the part1/2 thing can only ever be a good thing.
>>
>>85048842
>1: the article states that the films will likely stand on their own more, making them more cohesive single entities
In other words exactly what we heard from the Russos ages ago about them being 'very different movies' that would get different titles anyway?
>>
File: 20160722_125522.jpg (163KB, 404x343px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_125522.jpg
163KB, 404x343px
>>85034324
>>
>>85024379
Fucking this.
>>
>>85031869
Damn Hellboy is a cute.
>>
File: Smug Thanos.png (199KB, 682x809px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Thanos.png
199KB, 682x809px
So what will Thanos get up to if the movies aren't direct continuation from one another?
>>
>>85049150
They could still be direct continuations though.
>>
>>85049178
But there's two movies in-between.
>>
>>85034705
CW was literally worse than Avengers 2... and that is something i thought impossible to do given how big of a pile of shit avengers 2 was
>>
>>85049242
>literally worse
>literally
Why is this word in here?
>>
>>85033397
so i guess one direction is better than Van halen ?
Since you know, by the numbers more people like them.

Enjoy when thanos with full gauntlet is defeated by a friendship ray coming out of galactus ass while the entire marvel cast is re-acting grease
>>
>>85049335
Galactus is a Fox property though.
>>
>Civil War made as a direct reaction to Batman v Superman
>Infinity War cut down to one movie as a direct reaction to Justice League

I get it, and Civil War was the objectively better movie, but it still feels kind of sleazy.
>>
>>85039928
>28%
27% m8
>>
>>85049365
>Infinity War cut down to one movie as a direct reaction to Justice League
How long is it going to take to kill this meme? They announced that the titles were changing ages ago.
>>
File: Bqc_w9PIcAAmO_U.jpg (23KB, 448x373px) Image search: [Google]
Bqc_w9PIcAAmO_U.jpg
23KB, 448x373px
>>85034324
Anon, this is getting embarassing..
>>
>>85024281
>This is what DCucks actually believe
TOP KEK
>>
It feels like some kind of treshold has been crossed but what?
>>
>>85049617
None whatsoever.
>>
I don't like it when Mom and Dad fight
>>
>>85024238
OP you're literally the dumbest shit I've ever seen on here. Either your didn't read the article or your critical thinking skills are moot and you should convert to islam and carry babies for the rest of your life.
>>
>>85025663
>that image
>"I don't think about you at all."
>said the studio as they literally re-purposed a solo cap 3 movie to be Avengers 2.5
>implying Marvel wasn't scared shitless of BvS.
>>
>>85034176
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology.
>>
>>85024238
I think the reason of them not being a two-parter anymore is that the two-part movie fad that Harry Potter started died out once the last two Hunger Games didn't do well critically and the last Divergence movie bombed at the box office and it's final part coming straight-to-video.
>>
>>85024238
Justice League shouldn't be two movies either though. Split movies are cancer.
>>
>>85025222
Looks like I'm the not only one who can't help reading it as an extremely bitter sarcasm mockering BvS fans who attempt to seek deepness where is but a shallow puddle.
>>
File: 65wat.jpg (20KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
65wat.jpg
20KB, 567x567px
>>85034324
>>
>>85035574
But Feige is producing Black Panther 90% black, he is a daring genius
>>
>>85041855
>wahh i need to relate to the characters
Fuck off
>>
>>85024937
>>85024964
>how to spot a shill / marvel intern: 101
>>
>>85042663
>not all metahumans
Pretty sure Ross said it would include future emergences.
>>
>>85024379
This.
>>
>>85024379
>>85049027
>>85053041
If the movies are separate, that STILL means all the Thanos shit is getting pushed to just one movie. Which means it will be a rushed, crowded shitfest.
>>
>>85049150
Farm

Seriously though, I'll be mad if he gets killed off by the heroes at the end instead of going away to be a farmer
>>
>>85053101
What? How fucking retarded do you have to be to think this?
>>
>>85053101
The Back to the Future sequels tell separate stories while being part of a larger arc. Same with Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources.

Its not uncommon for books, TV shows, and comics, to tell a story over separately titled segments.

There's different ways to tell a story over two movies:
> Make one story, and split it over two movies.
> Make two stories, which are very tonally distinct,yet are very much parts of an overarching story.
> Make the two entirely separate other than some arcs.
>>
BvS was so bad it spawned a new trolling method of pretending it was high art quality shit. Can Marvel even compete?
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.