[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some LEGIT flaws in Steven Universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 24

File: image.jpg (836KB, 1242x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
836KB, 1242x1920px
What are some LEGIT flaws in Steven Universe?
>>
File: tumblr_nrkh7l7wU01rggl92o1_1280.png (493KB, 1280x1254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrkh7l7wU01rggl92o1_1280.png
493KB, 1280x1254px
>>85023940
Generally bad fight scenes.
Occasionally hamfisted drama/message.
Inconsistent storyboarding and style.
Mayor Dewey hasn't shown up for too long.
>>
>>85023940
Severe pacing issues
>>
Embarrassing levels of plot convenience, i.e. jasper just showing up

Goes off model a lot in the worst way possible

A lot of lore remains unknown because of Stevens arbitrary curiosity

Steven's voice
>>
>>85024044
>>85024065
Most of SU's flaws can be traced back to one source: the 11 minute format. It's not good for a show that wants to be as sprawling as SU does.
>>
Jasper's comment about how she "respects roses's tactics" has rubbed me the wrong way since i first heard it
>>
>>85023940
Pacing
>>
Subjective, but I don't really like Steven as a character. I understand why he has his role in the story, but some personality tweaks would go a long way.
>>
>>85024044
>Occasionally hamfisted drama/message.
I was usually able to put up with it just fine until the Ruby and Sapphire episode
>TWO GEMS
>OF THE DIFFERENT KIND
>FUSING
>UNBELIEVABLE
>THIS IS UNNATURAL
Yeah cool we get it you literally flipped the script we get homosexuality message already, we've gotten it since season 1. You can stop.
>>
>>85024093
Basically. Don't know why Sugar is insistent on that format.
>>85024087
>Steven's voice
I feel like it started out on the deep side, now it's getting really high-pitched. That, combined with his really tiny body, big head look in some of the later episodes (usually Lamar boarded ones) makes him look really really young.
>>
>>85024044
First post already got it for me.
>>
It's not very entertaining, the voice acting is irritating, the "messages" are incredibly basic for anyone over ten or so, the comedy isn't funny and it's not well drawn.
>>
>>85023940
>artstyle
>fight scenes
>lore wank
>thinking it has deep messages
>>
Let's start with a shorter list: what if anything does this show do right? All I got is music and background art.
>>
>>85024044
dubs can confirm this
>>
>>85024172
you think she'd have learned from AT
>>
The pandering can be a bit eye-rolling at times, as in non-hetero lifestyles are literally the best possible solutions to any problem imaginable. The gems fusing... which is absolutely shorthand for lesbianism... makes them unbeatable in combat and only ignorant, unenlightened evil gems turn their nose up at it. The men are all utterly useless or horribly corrupt and sniveling caricatures, while the negatives of the female character are essentially those stupid false negatives you'd give at a job interview (I get TOO focused on my goals, I get TOO angry when I see injustice around me) and even the purple one, who should be the one with actual flaws, is flawed in the way that the counterculture can identify with and support (ugogrrrrrrrl!). The only way Steven is remotely successful is when he is either backed up by a strong brown competent girl or actually fused with her into a perfect hermaphrodite who, according to the episode, is literally the sexiest thing anyone male or female has ever seen and not at all a horrible uncanny valley creation which it would actually be in the real world. And let's not even pretend that the whole series won't build up to a final battle where Connie and Steven fuse and wield both the sword and shield as some proud asexual Conan the Xirbarian.
>>
>>85024263
>deep messages
I don't know who would think it has deep messages. It wears its messages on its sleeve. And that's obviously a problem you have with its fans, not the show itself.
>>
>>85024700
See, I don't know how you can think this when Peals thing for Rose is consistently portrayed as some unhealthy idol worship shit that she really needs to get over.
>>
>>85023940
It doesn't go far enough. What everybody gets on about with progressive politics in the show is actually remarkably safe.

Think about it. There lesbian and bi-sexual relationships in the show. OK. But it's all under the safe auspice of "alien" characters.

The Gems sexuality is completely alien from ours so what we would considers an alternative sexuality is absolutely normal for them.

Also I don't think the show has enough Canadians.
>>
>>85024511
Greg is pretty great and the more we get from him the more he works as a character. He's some guy who fell head over heels and realized he needed to grow up and since losing his wife he's been the best father he can be.

Pearl also depicts someone who is way too hung up on the idea of a person, rather than the actual person, to the point of being a toxic individual who will tell a kid that's a very healthy way to live their life.

As far as the supporting cast goes, they're all right. Lars & Sadie have some major issues, but the Cool Kids, the Pizzafish and Frymans, the Mayor, and Mr. Smiley all have their own appeal. They all have a thing they do and they don't really break from those things they do, so they're kind of reliable B-Plot material; while also being willing to deviate in how that usual thing is presented. Ronaldo has moments of being absurd or crazy, but he really is just a fat fedora nerd on par with any you'd find in a college anime/gaming club. So even he is pretty reliable in his characterization.

Garnet works best when it is Garnet, rather than Ruby & Sapphire; mostly because Garnet goes with the flow of the plot and is well voiced. Garnet's generally well-written, as opposed to the parts that make her up.

Music (that which isn't sung) and background art are all great. The actual songs are hit-or-miss, really depending on who is singing them because Sugar is not a master songwriter.

But those are just my thoughts on what does work. I know a lot of people have issues with the supporting cast, but the Beach City people are all pretty tolerable and solid at their chosen niche; with a few exceptions.
>>
File: 1469941818216.png (418KB, 1181x1653px) Image search: [Google]
1469941818216.png
418KB, 1181x1653px
>>85024700
>The gems fusing... which is absolutely shorthand for lesbianism... makes them unbeatable in combat and only ignorant, unenlightened evil gems turn their nose up at it.
This would be a valid point if we hadn't had several instances of characters using fusion in a destructive way.
>Amethyst fuses with Garnet because she feels like a piece of shit all the time and being Sugilite lets her feel confident. Sugilite ends up nearly killing Pearl.
>Pearl kept on repairing the direct communication hub to their sworn enemy just to fuse with Garnet for the same reason as Amethyst, basically manipulating her to fuse.
And then we have the Stockholm Syndrome Ogre over here who, upon being stuck in a fusion for months(?) that was basically full on psychological torture, tries to browbeat the other gem into refusing because she's basically become addicted to it.
>>
>>85023940
GEMS
>Most gems are 1000's of years old, but Malachite being fused took a huge toll on Jasper and Lapis even though it was .005% of their life?
> Sugar shouldn't have made the gems so old, why haven't they resolved their low self esteem issues in millenia?
> The Crystal Gems are dedicated to saving life on earth, and have worked with humans before, but have no concept of human rituals like school or time.
> The gems' being really autismo to other peoples feelings is weird too, considering they're so fucking emotional. I could understand if they knew and were indifferent, but how can you be on a planet for 5000 years and not understand why babies have to be raised by humans?
> Does Yellow Diamond want to blow up the Earth or what?

STEVEN
> Steven is going full circle into being occasionally obnoxious, a decent protag, and now highly obnoxious. His only wants to talk everyone out of doing things, but Steven also thinks they're a bad person if he can't talk them out of something the first time
> Steven also sees things that are incredibly fucked up and goes about his business for several episodes. He will never follow up with curing centipeedle and finding out what Diamond Damage does because he wants to put Lapis on a boat lmao
> Episodes that focus on Steven alone is usually just him being very precocious and very grating. I get that he's also supposed to be as young as he feels, but I'm ready for an older Steven
> I don't want to watch episodes with some nigga crying over not getting a fresh donut or putting on a dress
>It would have been nice if he could have put up a decent fight with Jasper the second time around, but no, we have weak pussy Steven.
> Rebecca let the artists go to far with all the free reign and constant gem shipping and not enough plot episodes, it's basically like AT. I just want an interesting plot
> Stevenbomb ruined comfy townie episodes and now they all feel like filler
> Pearl ruined the song in Mr. Greg
the list goes on
>>
>>85024914
> Does Yellow Diamond want to blow up the Earth or what?
Yes. She's shitter shattered over the war still.
>>
the writing in general is just plain abysmal. i feel like i'm watching a fanfiction. it panders to girls by making all the characters unnecessarily emotional. at least one character has cried at least 10 times. i can't stand this show, and it's such a shame because there's a huge amount of effort that goes into the art and music, but fuck it's just too girly. i'd rather watch MLP.
>>
>>85024044
>Mayor Dewey hasn't shown up for too long.
I would watch a political drama staring him.
>>
Fuck Lars.
>>
>>85024946
meant at least every character has cried at least 10 times. or somewhere close to that. THEY'RE ALWAYS CRYING.
>>
File: 1428421877695.png (297KB, 1084x833px) Image search: [Google]
1428421877695.png
297KB, 1084x833px
>>85024958
>I would watch a political drama staring him.
Me too, anon... Me too.
>>
>>85024172
>>85024579
>Basically. Don't know why Sugar is insistent on that format.
It's because she wanted the show to be storyboard driven in writing, and that wouldn't have been feasible with a 22 minute format (Alex Hirsch and JG Quintel also talked about it on a podcast once)
>>
File: 1394494696692.gif (912KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1394494696692.gif
912KB, 250x189px
>>85024886
>Greg
Being the best father he can by being a hobo and letting 3 strangers raise his kid instead of him?
>Pearl
It was cool the first time, the next 4 times she did that schtick it was just getting repetitive and really shows you how the plot of this show NEVER advances, even baby steps.
>Garnet
Was good for some dry humor, but ever sine the reveal she has never done any of that and is just a shitty marysue now.
>Music
I don't get why people praise this chip tune shit so much. Every other show does music better, they just generally don't have a bandcamp and individual postings of their music so it never gets much attention just flat out how much better shows like Gravity Falls or Harvey Beaks do music.
>>
>>85024093
The problem is that with a longer format, there's be a lot of episodes that would have to be jammed with filler. Especially the cutesy slice of life episodes that fit 11 minutes perfectly.
>>
>>85025162
>I don't get why people praise this chip tune shit so much.
Okay, I can tell you've never actually listened to it. Good to know.
>>
>>85023940
The airing schedule / pacing.
You can't have a huge multi month long break and then wrap up the arc in 30 minutes.
It makes it anticlimactic as fuck.
>>
>>85025146
I dunno. Samurai Jack was storyboard-driven entirely, and it was 22 minute format. And there's nothing stopping them from providing a script in format once they've done the boards.
>>
>>85024093
>the 11 minute format.

That's a shitty excuse. Any decent writer can make use of the time they have to tell a story

You're as bad as the "korra season 1 was bad because they didn't have enough episodes" faggots
>>
>>85023940
It's shit.
>>
File: steven_universe_earth.jpg (745KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
steven_universe_earth.jpg
745KB, 1920x1080px
>>85024044
I think you have some good points but I'd like to voice them in my own way. Specifically the fight scenes are bad in my opinion because none of the hits ever have any weight to them. Without that it's hard to convey the intensity of a fight to you're audience.

On the other end of animated fight scenes you have this
https://my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm
I'm not expecting that level of quality but I hope the stroyboarders and animators really put effort into improving the action sequences in the show.

I don't have much to say about the occasional hamfistedness of the show. It definitely happens frequently but it's a problem I find easy to just shrug off. Mostly because sometimes you do get a nice genuine emotional scene and I'm happy with those even if they come with a lot of scenes that do miss their mark or are overbearing.

I'm pretty neutral on the inconsistency of the style in the show. I think it is a valid criticism but you'll probably see a lot of people defend it for being "cute" or giving the show "personality". Which I think is also a fine stance to take in a subjective way. Though fucking big hair lapis made me mad so I would be in full support if the showrunners cracked down and pushed for more consistent animation.

The last point for me is less about the mayor and more about wanting to see how the gems are perceived by world authorities and the population as a whole with more detail. We get glimpses of the effect they've had on the world and I get the feeling Sugar doesn't really want to go to far into this subject but as a proud lorefag it would give me enjoyment to have a better picture about how this world operates.
>>
>>85023940
There's not enough of it.
>>
>>85024914
It's pretty established that even though gems are super old actually changing is a very difficult concept for them.

In the latest episode Rose talks about how they come out of the ground knowing what they are and that they'll be that thing forever. She likened humans ability to grow and change themselves as a super power. I feel like actually being close to a human (Steven) for the first time is a catalyst to many of the gems changing themselves for the first time even if they've been the same for millennia.
>>
>>85025386
>CN just dumping all of S3 at once
>not enough of it
>>
Steven's is waaay too immature for a 14-year old kid. It can be distracting sometimes.
>>
>>85025794
Pearl is fucking disgusting in this picture.
>>
>>85025224
>No real instruments apart from the ukulele and a rare use of real guitar
It's retro videogame music from a person who literally composes music for pixel indy videogames.
https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/sets/steven-universe
>>
File: Sailor J.png (193KB, 540x691px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor J.png
193KB, 540x691px
>>85023940
no Jasperdemption
>>
Too much concentration on physical flaws in character design to pander to special snowflakes. You really expect me to believe EVERYONE in the multiverse isless then 7/10 hot?
>>
>>85024987
Is that Clay?
>>
>>85023940
The only glaring flaw is why Steven never asks questions. I get why we as an audience need to be drip-fed information to keep speculation and mysteries going, but there's no reason for Steven not to be curious about all the shit going on.
>>
>>85025867
https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-mirror-gem
https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-dance-of
https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-amalgam
https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-opal
Yes, these all sound like "retro videogame music".
>citing real instruments as the end all be all of quality music
Don't you have a Pink Floyd/Queen album to jack off onto?
>>
File: tumblr_nlfv23cipM1thiw1jo1_1280.png (450KB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlfv23cipM1thiw1jo1_1280.png
450KB, 1280x934px
>>85025988
Yes
There's an accompanying fanfic too that I can't be assed to find.
>>
File: 1469747390746.png (63KB, 756x863px) Image search: [Google]
1469747390746.png
63KB, 756x863px
>>
>>85024044
This. I honestly want more Beach City episodes, I love all of the human characters, except Lars
>>
>>85023940

Steven is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>85023940
Connie isn't the protagonist.
>>
File: ohshitnigga.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitnigga.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>85024700

>Conan the Xirbarian

Fuck you you made me spit out my soda laughing
>>
File: 1467361853361.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467361853361.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>85024093
There's nothing wrong with an 11 minute format, given that most half hour shows pad themselves out by having multiple ongoing threads that jump from one to anther in the middle of key moments.
That is I think an inferior format, trying to watch tv shows is painful after having not done much of it in years, they're time wasters most of the time, trying to fill out a half to full hour set rigid time frames.
11 minutes makes you stay on point, create a concise clear events.
Don't agree, next time any of you watch tv pay attention to how many simultaneous scenes are going on, how often they jump around and how slowly the story progresses.
Once you see it, you lose interest in traditionally paced tv shows.
>>
>>85024890

>Thinking that lesbians=good and non destructive relationships.

I want this meme to die and die hard. Hell even Buzzfeed had to admit Lesbian and other same-sex relationships have at least 25-50% (50% moreso for Lesbians) of domestic abuse. If fucking Buzzfeed has to admit the gays ain't alright then there really is a problem.
>>
Too many episode where nothing is happening, before something interesting occurs in the very last minute, only for the following episode to be just as uneventful.
>>
>>85024044
I like SU a lot, and even I agree with these
except the last one, fuck off Deweyfags
>>
>>85025162
>Being the best father he can by being a hobo and letting 3 strangers raise his kid instead of him?
Greg knows the Gems care about Steven and that Steven has a greater purpose than just being a normal boy. Greg long ago came to terms with how his own life is vastly different thanks to Rose. Besides, I'd like to see you tell Garnet and Pearl you're taking the kid and never coming back.
>really shows you how the plot of this show NEVER advances, even baby steps.
Because her crippling issue that is the major reason she's such a fucking tense and toxic person should be resolved in a single episode and she should be perfect and learn her lesson immediately with immaculate results. People cannot possibly learn a lesson and still fucking struggle with it. Totally.
>Was good for some dry humor, but ever sine the reveal she has never done any of that and is just a shitty marysue now.
Did you miss that Garnet's almost always off doing her own missions? They drove this home a lot.
>>
>>85024044
fpbp
>>
>>85026029
might be cool if they addressed this, in fact it might become some of the deepest storytelling a kids cartoon has ever attempted. wont happen though, SU has to get on with SOL episodes about pizza and french fries.

that's probably the biggest flaw how this show dispels any tension. i remember when jasper first arrived in her ship and getting goosebumps thinking 'holy shit it's like DBZ', only to have her flicked away into the sea and never seen again for 20 episodes about steven playing with action figures.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 366x380px
>>85029073
I agree with you but
>DBZ
>tension
>>
>>85029240
i don't know what dbz you watched, honestly.
>>
>>85024065
>>85024087

These. Well, for the second post I only really mean Steven's voice.

Some plot points feel like they get resolved too quickly (To see a recent example, see the Mr. Greg episode) though they at least plant seeds in earlier episodes that pay off later.

Steven's voice lately isn't necessarily terrible, but when the VA is trying to sound compassionate he comes across as insincere. Like me at work pretending to be nice, rather than the actual nice guy Steven is supposed to be.
>>
>>85025999
The point is it sounds like crap compared to shows that actually have real music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyYj2I8XxY
>>
File: 1440944452416.jpg (65KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1440944452416.jpg
65KB, 672x434px
>>85025374
>https://my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm

Holy shit, when did Pokémon get this good?
>>
>>85029504
I disagree completely about Mr. Greg, since that was an episode that was set up for a while. A lot of Greg and Pearl's interactions were awkward and hostile, and this finally resolves that. For a better example of resolving things too quickly then just look at Sardonyx week.
>>
>>85024087
>Embarrassing levels of plot convenience, i.e. jasper just showing up
I'd say this is the biggest one I can think of, not just stuff showing up but stuff like the Gem Monsters no longer showing up for no real explained reason.
>>
The episodes focusing on the teens are almost always bad.
>>
>>85023940
the boarder/writer who isn't good at turning sucky outlines into gold always gets the shit ones
>>
>>85023940
Bad animation, bad character design. Also it's really low-energy.
>>
>>85030122
XY really kicked up the notch after the shitshow that was BW.
>>
>>85024093
So you're just gonna disregard all the well written shows with 11 minute episodes?
>>
>>85023940
Scheduling and 11 minute format.
>>
>>85025374
I definetly agree with your last point.
I really enjoy just hearing the different names for the East Coast cities/states (as I am an east coaster myself) but its about the only bit of planet building they really do. Heck, I don't think we've ever seen military or police on the show.
>>
File: 1469421172317.gif (878KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1469421172317.gif
878KB, 300x212px
>>85024146
>TFW the show starts hinting towards fusion between two or more different gems is not as great as it was made to be
>Ruby and Sapphire can't function unfused and their personalities are mostly gone
>Pearl kept manipulating Garnet into fusing with her because it made her feel strong
>Now Jasper has become a depraved fusion slut and she's going more and more insane due to the withdrawal

I'm glad they're treating fusion as a lore thing and stopped hammering in the message. Because right now it would be extremely disturbing.
>>
>>85023940
It's a SoL show masquerading as an action show with meaningful backstory.
>>
>>85024146
I think you're just seeing what you want to see there.
>>
>>85030238
I disagree with that. That still four episodes of conflict, dragged across what felt like at least a week in the show's time. Every character involved in the conflict had their own episode exploring how it affected them. By the end I kinda expected them to make up.
>>
>>85025374
On that scene, come on man.
>Repeat animation
>3 minutes to build up to the real fight
>1frame attacks when they clash at 3:25 mark
>Attacks simply sliding off the daggers at 3:30
>Music starts playing with another "let's avoid animating anything and putting blue lines over everything"
>Constant cuts to people talking instead of allowing any lengthy exchange, not even the trainers
>Posing for big attacks at the 5min mark literally the most smooth animation outside of just running
>Explosion yet again obscures any contact.

How does this have weight? How is this even combat?
SU has it's fault but this is not something better.
>>
>>85035076
https://youtu.be/jf2ZEmQncn0
Honestly, to give an SU, this short fight has far better animation along.

Attacks have weight, characters have multiple flowing frames of animation, use of blur and stretch, strong lines of action... Not to mention the choreography is strong for a short 3 scene fight.
Watch this frame by frame and watch the pokemon frame by frame, there's a distinct difference.
>>
File: IMG_20160729_143948.jpg (6KB, 76x127px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160729_143948.jpg
6KB, 76x127px
it's not interesting
>>
>>85026029
Basically this.
>>
>>85024700
>A bit

Why start by understating your point if you're just going to launch into a standard /pol/ rant
>>
>>85023940
The constant crying every episode. Name one episode where you didn't see a single tear from at least ONE character.
>>
I hate it when they sing. Its so fucking bad.
>>
>>85025992
That's his life man, it's not as weird to him as it is to us.
Plus the gems always dodge his questions or give non answers, only recently have they actually been actually telling him stuff.
>>
>>85034901
I guess, but the way it was actually resolved was rushed and disappointing. They took the most cliche route possible solely to restore the status quo, where Mr. Greg does the opposite. Pearl and Greg truly becoming friends changes up their dynamic and has a lot of potential overall.
>>
>>85036531
Not reay, any of the few times Steven asked them stuff they were pretty staightfoward. Pearl may sugarcoat it slightly in season 1, but they never outright dodged his questions.
>>
>>85036531
But Steven doesn't even ask questions. He should have asked how gems got corrupted way back when Pearl told him in ocean gem
>>
File: tumblr_njt20iDdt01s7kus0o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njt20iDdt01s7kus0o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x275px
>>85024044
>Generally bad fight scenes.
I disagree
>>
It suffers heavily from filler; especially in the first season.
Someone really needs to make a watch list or abridged version that cuts out all the shit from the first season so that people can easily catch up to the present.
>>
>>85037167
"Generally" would imply exceptions like this fight exist
>>
>>85023940
Too many hiatuses.
>>
File: 16412674.jpg (38KB, 460x371px) Image search: [Google]
16412674.jpg
38KB, 460x371px
there is literally nothing wrong with steben universe and if i had to choose between saving my grandmother's life and getting another good season of su, i would let my own grandmother die
>>
>>85025297
>>85027500
A few times on SU I felt they rushed the story of some episodes. One recent that comes to mind is the drill episode when Steven and Peridot are underground.

Yes, 11 is OK, but sometimes it would be better if they used more time.
>>
>>85023940
Shitty airing schedules
Boring fight scenes
Impossible plot
Mary Sue MC
Mary Sue MC Mother
Shitty songs
>>
>>85024044
>Mayor Dewey hasn't shown up for too long.

I hate this meme. Dewey is shit, a bad politician, and his voice actor blows.

Go back to Tumblr, Peweyposter...
>>
>The crystal gems are awfully incompetent at the best times (see any "Peridot chasing scene for example")
>things happen too fast due to 11 minute episode slot
It's too early to call this, but I hope Marty gets a redemption.
>>
>>85027768
>Hating Lesbians
Once again, what happened to you /co/? You used to be cool.
But yeah lesbian relationships, like any relationship, run the gamut from good and healthy to damaging and hurtful. It all depends on the people involved and how they connect.
Fusion is no different. A compatible relationship can result in a stable fusion like Garnet, while and an non-compatible relationship can result in... well Malachite.
>>
File: ahahahafaggot.png (33KB, 693x175px) Image search: [Google]
ahahahafaggot.png
33KB, 693x175px
>>85037424
>Once again, what happened to you /co/? You used to be cool.
This. We can't enjoy things anymore without looking for some political agenda
>>
>>85023940
Well I have one friend who doesn't like the show because it's too dark and depressing for his liking.
And I have another friend who (while he hasn't watched it) says it doesn't sound dark enough for his liking.
So I guess in summation I need more friends.
>>
>>85024044
I take the inconsistent storyboarding and style with a grain of salt as Rebecca lets everyone draw the characters in their own way as long as it doesn't drift too far from the original format.
>>
>>85036949

Kinda fell behind because I forgot I posted here, but even though they did the setup for Mr Greg fairly well, they still went from Pearl and Greg awkwardness to Pearl and Greg = friends in the matter of an episode. It takes steps.

For another example, that one episode where Connie's mom confiscates Steven's sword. Despite Connie's obvious skill, what mother (Especially a super strict mother) is going to completely accept her daughter swordfighting and getting wrapped up in interstellar space wars in that short a time frame? Hell it took Khan like 10 seasons to warm up to Bobby in KotH and that was a normal situation.
>>
What do you want from memes shows?
>>
>>85026029
>If he likes you, he will do anything for you. If he doesn't like you, too bad for you.

Sounds like autism.
>>
>>85037167
Why do people post this as a "good fight"? It's boring, flat angle, static, there's no creativity in it other than hopping and flailing, characters stand in place, there's no impact, weightless, it's not even that well animated. The best you can say for it is that the characters are consistently drawn.
>>
>>85023940
The pacing is a total mess and a lot of stuff like fusion and future vision was implemented without much thought and as such don't make much sense. The rules are very loosely defined, which hurts in a show that attempts to maintain internal consistency. Which, to the show's credit, it does a pretty good job at doing so.

This show would be amazing if the episodes were longer and the schedule wasn't so broken up.
>>
File: dmgpS.png (142KB, 946x472px) Image search: [Google]
dmgpS.png
142KB, 946x472px
>>85036211

to sound moderate, toothless and thus reasonable, basically to set the groundwork so that any negative response fits pic related perfectly
>>
>>85037424
Lesbian porn gets really boring.

Why do you think futa is popular?
>>
>>85037167
And what makes this good?
>>
I still don't feel like Steven has grown up or eveolved in any sort of way and the fact that all problems are solved by him talking it out is boring and anticlimactic, specially since it's pretty much just him asking the enemy to stop and they just kind of do for almost no reason, IE the cluster.
>>
>>85038806
Yeah like when he talked Jasper out of capturing them, and Japser just went back to her home planet for almost no reason.
>>
>>85025374

Do you expect me to read the rest of your post after you try to pawn off fucking POKEMON of all things as anything resembling good fight animation?

It has high framerate thanks to lots of CGI, but the scripts are as bad as ever and there's no tension or emotion, and the animations have no weight to them and use cheap tricks like smoke explosions to avoid having to draw difficult shots.

Here's an actual good anime fight(starts at 46 seconds): https://youtu.be/PhAW0vZ-peA?t=46

No tricks there, just pure cinematography and animation skill - the fact that it's not half as "smooth" as pokemon doesn't matter one bit.
>>
>>85025247
Doesn't Jack have long periods where it can draw out time though? Slow quiet panning of scenery and moments of impact shown multiple times for emphisis? It's good for Jack because it's a show that's also trying to be a bit artistic and stylized but a lot of other shows can't pull off the same.
>>
>>85025247

Jack is almost entirely different from any other American cartoon, though. I can't really think of any other kids series that lets the animation speak for itself the same way that Jack does, with the long stretches of dialogue-free sequences.
>>
>>85038890

ok there is one.

now name more.
>>
>>85038020

It's not weightless.
>>
>>85034643
Fusion started off so cool, I just wanted to see the different designs and watch them fight stuff.

Now it's just just seriously grating relationship crap and we haven't seen a new fusion in forever despite the fact there's now like 7+ possible component gems.

Why do you tease me Sugar?
>>
I thought Steven was 10. But he's 14.
>>
>>85024044
>>85024065
First posts, best posts
>>
>>85024146
>Two different things together
>Symbolises homo, aka same
Nice try
>>
>>85038903
The pokemon battle is better honestly
>>
>>85040674

You are deluded.
>>
>>85037749
Very true, but honestly I'm just glad they got the greg/pearl tension out the way. It got annoying really fast.
>>
>>85040706
Well it is.
>>
File: 1458689115081.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1458689115081.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
>>85032147
by any chance does anyone have a mega for pokemon?
I want to see more of the fine animation
>>
>>85024100
Would you say it was a

shameless display?
>>
>>85040706
You are biased.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.