[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harry Partridge or Max Gilardi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 21

File: HPMG.png (504KB, 921x508px) Image search: [Google]
HPMG.png
504KB, 921x508px
Which one do you like more? When it comes to personality? Skill? Style?
>>
>>84994721
Both are lacking in all three categories
>>
>>84994782
Fpbp
>>
File: cowabunga man.jpg (25KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
cowabunga man.jpg
25KB, 600x300px
>>84994782
Zimbabwe!
>>
>>84994721
Max likes to rip off John K a lot.
>>
>>84994721
I believe partridge is better all around but I haven't looked at his work for a while. Good chance I might find him more annoying than funny.
>>
>>84994782
Not sure about Harry Partridge. That guy is legit good.
>>
>>84994721

Partridge's animations are pretty good but his jokes are unfunny as fuck. He should get someone to help him with the writing.

Don't know much about Gilardi but seems to try to create z-tier controversy to stay relevant.
>>
Harry for all of them. But I feel like Max isn't even trying unlike Harry in some toons.
>>
Harry Partridge, how is this even a question? He's good enough to be in the industry for real, Gilardi is just some edgelord who got famous from fucking MLP of all things
>>
they are the prime example of this generation's lazy self-indulgent. they uglyness bubbling up with their so-called "art"

the badness that they produced is something hitler would have played in all of his camps

awful humor that shows their self-loathsomeness in full to the world it needs to go and they need to go

in other words i don't like it
>>
>>84994721
Harry is a far nicer person.
Harry has better comedic timing and jokes.
Both can animate well, but Harry is far more consistent with his quality.

The only thing Max has going for him over Harry is that he seems to produce more things in a year.

Who is the character in Harry's icon anyway?
>>
>>84995068
The character is based on some excited 80's girl.
>>
>>84994721
I like Max more when it comes to comedy, but that's probably my sense of humor is closer to mega64's so they kinda cross over. Harry overall does his own thing most of the time rather than just trying to capitalize on popular shit. That being said neither are my favorites and to compare two animators against each other is kinda lame.
>>
>>84995068
>Who is the character in Harry's icon anyway?

just some girl from an 80s toy advert I think
>>
>>84994721
My nigger cartoon is better than your nigger cartoon.
>>
>>84994721
They're both awful.
>>
>>84994721
I find Harry to be funnier honestly.
>>
>>84994828
Don't scare me.
>>
>>84994721
Harry.

Not even a contest.
>>
>>84994721
Partridge is better by far in all three categories.
Gilardi's such a little fucking cunt, and his shit isn't even funny, plus his animation has just gotten lazier and lazier over the years. Thinks he can be a big boy troll but he throws a hissy fit anytime somebody has a comeback prepared for his not at all witty "banter"
>>
>>84994721
Just compare their most recent works
https://youtu.be/JjwuoGPXWF0
https://youtu.be/DYFHeab053w
>>
>>84997598
GOD Max got so lazy. No wonder he's always lashing out like a little teenager, fucker's compensating hardcore.
>>
>>84997598
At least Harry was able to acknowledge that the second Dr. Bees was shit.
>>
>>84994721
Max is a fucking tryhard
>>
>>84994721
Let's add a fourth category: Background
Harry is self taught and honestly wastes his skill by having no interest in working as a cartoonist other than self employed.
Max went to art school and tried to get approved into disney at the age of 19, getting denied for obvious reasons he threw a hissy fit and told himself that its the corperations that are wrong, not him.
>>
>>84997598
>You're in one
I love Harry
>>
Fagx GayLardy seems like furry.
>>
Harry.

This isn't even a contest.
>>
i like harry, mostly because i've been watching his cartoons before i heard of max

style-wise i enjoy max, because i enjoy his john k. esque style
>>
Anything is better than Max in terms of personality.
Harry has more skill, but I prefer Max' style and he has more videos that I like, his humor is hit or miss but when it hits it's spot on.
>>
>>84994721
the jerry chronicles and the northern incident were his only good things
mickey the dick had a few moments in its final episode but that was it
as for harry, he is the goat flash animator but its really just an extremely well polished turd. the first dr. bees was pretty much the only good cartoon he ever made

max became a brony so he isn't any better now. god both of these guys kinda suck.
>>
I hate the term "sellout" but that's exactly what Max G. is, churning out uninspired cartoons about the newest "in" thing that may as well be Family Guy skits with how much they rely on shock value instead of actual humor. He had an entire original series lampooning the culture of content creators who rely heavily on parodies instead of making their own shit... and then he abandoned it to rely heavily on parodies instead of making his own shit.

But god, fuck if he isn't talented. I wish my shit looked even half as good as his.
>>
>>84998934
Wisenheimers was his greatest work.
>>
>>84995061
Lol, look at this butthurt cunt.
>>
>>84994721
Regardless of skill and style I think we can all agree that Harry is far more imaginative/original that Max, and doesn't rely solely on parodies of whatever is popular at the time
>>
>>84998934
>Not liking Chuck's New Tux or Saturday Morning Watchmen.

I'll admit his more recent stuff feels lacking in the laughs, but his older stuff was pretty damn entertaining. I like to think that his stuff is not as funny because he doesn't have time to polish his scripts anymore. He's got too much freelance to worry about.
>>
File: WHAT ARE YA.jpg (198KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT ARE YA.jpg
198KB, 650x975px
>>84995061
Fuck off, John
>>
>>84999585
basically everything Harry's ever produced is a parody...
>>
>>84999585
IO really wish Max would stop doing parodies. Not because I hate them, but with the youtube algorithm now, trying to get a ton of views based on a popular thing doesn't get one much now.
Max has said a few times he's working on something original, and I hope he gives us an update on that soon.
>>
>>84995061

> TH-TH-THIS GENERATION
>>
Max during his peak was way better but while Harry has always been consistently good, the new "parody" Max ranges from decent to just god awful.

I don't hate Max as much as /co/ does, I thought his Animal Crossing animation was great, but then he does shit like the DB diaper episode and Jesus fuck what the hell was that about?
>>
>>84999626
Check the 10 most recent videos on his YouTube and tell me how many of those are parodies versus Max's YouTube
>>
>>84999671
He gets a decent payout so long as his animations are at least over five minutes long. It kind of forces him to make stuff based on popularity now. Why do you think his FNAF and Animal Crossing Parodies were both around eight minutes long?

Sad thing is that he invests a lot of time making parodies because they are easier to write for, easier to design for, and have a built in audience so he doesn't have to worry about it not catching on. Wacky Game Jokes 4 Kidz didn't catch on and he invested a LOT of time into it. I doubt he wants to do that again unless he knows it would be a hit.

>>84999772
I still have no fucking clue. Max's parody cartoons tend to be mostly 'make the characters assholes or retarded and see what happens'. I liked his animal crossing one since it didn't feel like it was just pissing on the source material.
>>
File: ac51bd08fb[1].jpg (210KB, 1279x672px) Image search: [Google]
ac51bd08fb[1].jpg
210KB, 1279x672px
Happy Harry can do no wrong in my eyes after his Hitman skit
>>
>>84994721
Harry is a better animator and a way better dude. Max is a lazy animator & a lazy comedian who cashes in on whatever's popular with the same old "wow so edgy" humor that we've seen time and time again, and he's shown repeatedly that he's just a straight-up dick. I remember this one time he did a panel with Egoraptor and kept heckling the fans that would come up and ask questions, just for the sake of being "funny". Made Arin look like a saint in comparison.
I don't really like people who act like a dick constantly just because they think it's funny.
>>
>>84999671
>Max has said a few times he's working on something original, and I hope he gives us an update on that soon

Really? When did he say that?
>>
>>84994721
I honestly don't know who the fuck are these two are, sooooooooooo: neither
>>
>>84999779
without looking at Max, thel ast ten videos he's produced are:

>and update video
>a parody of 80's saturday morning cartoons
>a preview of a parody of 80's saturday morning cartoons
>a parody of silver aged superheroes
>a parody of superheroes
>another update video
>a parody of kickstarter videos
>an intro to rifftrax
>some sponsored video for a videogame
>a teaser for the the above

so a decent number of parodies. ADMITTEDLY they aren't as blatant as Max's parodies, but they are parodies nonetheless. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with doing parodies
>>
>>84994721
Just look at Max with his ear decorations for degenerates.
Makes him lose by default for me
>>
>>84999836
>I doubt he wants to do that again unless he knows it would be a hit
That's why I feel that this is more of a passion project, with him working on it in his spare time, with the parody works taking up most of his time.
>>
>>84995061
words of wisdom.
kids will not get this.
both should be already working for the industry, but instead, they are lazy fucks, who only care about the lowest common denominator
>>
>>84996952
look at this cute japanese girl.
japanese girl.
japanese girl.
japanese girl.
japanese girl.
>>
MY DREAM IS WORLD WITHOUT JUICE
>>
>>84999883
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that Chinese lettering when I watched it.
>>
>>84999895
Same. Anyone remember what he said about Rebecca Sugar after that Skylar Page incident?

I'm all for dark humor, but he was a bitch.
>>
File: bubbles.png (172KB, 1182x857px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.png
172KB, 1182x857px
>>84994721
I think Partridge has more skill, I'm not going to give an opinion on personality since I don't know either of them personally, but style-wise I prefer Gilardi, and I love it when he experiments with it. I just wish he still did livestreams.
>>
>>84994721
Partridge by far; he's the one that's legitimately funny from time-to-time.
>>
>>84999836
God, I loved WGJ4K. Apparently, he hated them.
Gilardi is better than Harry and Northern Incident proves that. It's just that he is lazy as fuck.
>>
>>84994721
Harry Partridge is good. That other guy is HotDiggetyDemon right? His animation's alright, but god damn his jokes are so bad. Just tryhard edgy bullshit.
>>
>>84994721
Partridge's animation is better, but in terms of actual content, Max's best work is better than Partridge's best. Jerry and Wacky Game Jokes 4 Kidz were both masterpieces. Unfortunately, Max has become the very thing he once hated, churning out parodies instead of original content. Luigi's Day Out is what made it obvious, since he criticized "it's Mario, but real and gritty" parodies himself in WGJ4K.

As it is, I have more faith in Harry's future than Max's, unless Max turns his ship around. He needs to use his own characters instead of copyrighted ones, and a healthy injection of pathos now and then wouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>84994721

WHATS THIS? A THREAD WOEFULLY UNDERPOPULATED BY BEES? A LARGE INFLUX OF BEES SHOULD FIX THAT!
>>
>>84994721
Ukinojoe
>>
>>84997598
>sans.mp4

Ow. My trypophobia.
>>
>>84994721
neither of them

they are both attention whoring scum and both should die violent deaths.
>>
>>85006833
wew lad, tone down that edge
>>
>>84999585
Half of Harry's videos are Elderschrolls related.
>>
>>84994721
Both are obnoxious try hards. Max has some good stuff, but it's all still middle school levels of edgy.
>>
>>84999836
>Wacky Game Jokes 4 Kidz
only good thing he did

the tom fulp "interview" kills me every time
>>
File: gooseman.jpg (176KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
gooseman.jpg
176KB, 700x700px
Neither. Sexual Lobster is superior to both in every way.
>>
File: BW.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BW.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>85008006
there's no denying
>>
>>85008006
Nah man, all hail Steven.

Steven, King of the Lesbians
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjwuoGPXWF0
>>
Gilardi lost me ever since that "Steven Niggaverse" fiasco
Cooniverse would have been much better
>>
neither of them have ever made anything good.
>>
>>85007059
what edge? this is truth. truth hurts.
>>
>>85008657
>this is truth. truth hurts.
totes :^)
>>
Is Max still dating Monica?
>>
>>84994782
>Harry Patridge
>Lacking

I agree about Max Gilardi though.
>>
File: 1450548757784.jpg (255KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1450548757784.jpg
255KB, 500x498px
>>85004251
I think Max is well aware of what he has become.
He has just given up on making original content, and animation has finally turned into a job that generates money for him.
>>
File: gog.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gog.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I've always like Partridge's work because his style reminds me of Korgoth of Barbaria's.
>>
>>85008006
My problem with Sexual Lobster is that every single video he makes has the same kind of absurdist tone so once you watch one of his videos you've essentially watched all of them.
>>
>>84994721
Max panders to shitty memes and fandoms.
>>
Harry Partridge is funny While max is a cunt who thinks he's funny because he's a cunt
>>
Harry Partridge. Max Gilardi is just edgy. There's nothing actually good about his animations.
>>
File: eddaaaa.png (266KB, 521x437px) Image search: [Google]
eddaaaa.png
266KB, 521x437px
>>84994721
Edd Gould.
>>
Max's humor may be shit, but I like his style. Harry great all-round though.
>>
>>85013426
>tfw he died in his prime
>>
>>84994721
>tfw Sleepycabin is disbanding

It hurts, /co/
>>
File: 1463364069571.png (990KB, 802x796px) Image search: [Google]
1463364069571.png
990KB, 802x796px
Harry is better than Max in all those departments, but the Jerry saga is better than everything Harry has done.

The pony videos are embarrasing.
>>
>>85013426
good opinion
>>
File: TFWNoBees.png (759KB, 1769x1041px) Image search: [Google]
TFWNoBees.png
759KB, 1769x1041px
Harry made Dr. Bees, a single two-minute video that runs circles around everything Gilardi has done.

Harry is friends with the MST3K guys, Max is friends with Fagoraptor. It's really no contest.
>>
Harry Partridge
>too much lol videogaems
>too much lol randumb xD
>many of his shorts are just poorly written
>extremely well practiced/fluid animation

Max Gilardi
>ponies
>voices EVERYONE and they all sound the same because he's an underwhelming VA
>surprisingly creative
>good comedic timing
>jokes are hit/miss, but generally well-written
>animation is above average for web shorts
>>
File: 82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpg (83KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpg
83KB, 400x400px
>>84994957
Why don't they just collaborate, with Gilardi writing, Harry animating, and the money between them used to hire actual voice actors?
>>
>>85016815
gilardi strikes me as someone very difficult to work with

basically kricfalusi with less talent
>>
>>85016815
because no one in this industry, including people online, actually like or get along with one another.

they just use each other for benefits and suck up constantly. just a bunch of hypocritical shit people who dont even make what they want to even though they can.
>>
>>85016988
This. I'd prefer Harry to collaborate with clients and writers more than other artists. The latter would get in his way while the former is something that could help him branch out if it promises a cheque.
>>
>>85016988
>gilardi strikes me as someone very difficult to work with

Listen to his podcast he did years ago with Yotam
>>
>>84994721
Harry is several leagues ahead of Maxie boy.
>>
>>85018695
Cliff notes. Plugging something as burden of proof is stupid, people are busy.
>>
>>85015188
how do people listen to that shit? a buncha annoying nerds, one sounds like a huge breathy fatass, talking about unfunny shit. i can barely understand them half the time. fuck, i hate "lets record us talking!" podcasts
>>
>>85000153
t. bitter 30 year old
>>
>>85012626
I'm fond of the way he truly seems to be making cartoons for himself rather than anyone else
>>
>>85018903
I enjoy that too, I know I'm in for something interesting, or a catchy song.
also, i fucking love his voice
>>
I feel like Paperbag animator is one of the most underrated YouTube cartoonists

http://youtu.be/VevRo7kk_Y0
>>
>>84994721
Harry is the clear winner

>Better, more distinct animation
>More pleasing character designs
>Self aware humour
>Doesn't always rely on shock value or edgy persona
>More original content than fan-work
>No degenerate piercings
>>
>>84994721
Harry all the way.
>>
>>85016815
Because Max is an unfunny prick. I always liked Harry, he never came off as a try-hard to me.
>>
>>84994721
Harry isn't stuck making bottom of the barrel parodies with shock humor unlike Max. Harry's the clear winner here.
>>
File: 1425246431467.gif (8KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1425246431467.gif
8KB, 480x320px
>>84997598
>YOU'RE IN ONE
>>
>>85000354
No, what did he say?
If he plans on being a professional animator in any sort of capacity then he shouldn't be taking potshots at animators and showrunners in the industry. That's just tacky and stupid.
>>
>>85021181
Skylar page had been fired for apparently groping a coworker, and Max had said something along the lines that Sugar should be groped for one reason or another
>>
>>84994721
I don't know who Max Gilardi is.
Harry is amazing though.
>>
>>84997598
I liked Max's video more
>>
>>85021756
Wow. Classy. And he wonders why he's still not an industry pro yet.
>>
>>85022091
well that and the fact that his writing is on par with a 12 year old who just discovered cursewords and that his animation is highly static despite the stylization.
>>
I feel like all of Max'a latest work is one big joke or experiment or something. I liked wgj4k and based on what I've heard from him, he doesn't seem the type to get suckered into fanbases.

Maybe he saw how popular pandering makes him and just doesn't give a shit about his integrity. I could respect him a little for doing that.

Either way, Yotam is still one of my favorite internet animators.
>>
>>84999439
my nigga

ANCIENT
DREAMCATCHING
BUSINESS
PLUS
RESTAURANT AREA
AND
POOL
>>
Max is the closest thing weve got an non baboon John K and you guys shit on him.

Harry churns out such boring content now.
>>
>>85023503
>Harry
>"churning out" anything
he takes forever to make his videos, he's definitely not pumping them out quickly to make a buck, which is what that word implies
>>
>>85008006

God, it baffles me that anyone finds those videos funny. I kept waiting and waiting for a joke and it never came.
>>
>>84994721
easily partridge, and his dad is in a p cool band.

max doesnt do bad work necessarily, although he does the common cheap tricks to cut corners in animation. but his real problem is being stuck in this 90s vidya idea-pool ideology
>>
>>85023735
>in
XTC is long dead anon
But they were pretty fantastic
Drums & Wires, Black Sea, English Settlement, and Skylarking are all 9 or 10 out of 10 albums
>>
>>84997598
Meme tier humor right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzXmJyolfY
>>
>>85021756
>>85022091
Actually, he said he wished Rebecca Sugar had groped someone, because then her show would be cancelled. Obviously, he was joking.
>>
File: 1469954077890.png (126KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1469954077890.png
126KB, 245x267px
>>84997598
>we're already halfway done with this year

Harry's biggest flaw is his fucking work ethic.
>>
File: 1469955412507.gif (138KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1469955412507.gif
138KB, 270x270px
>>85016743
t. Max Giardi

Also
>ponies

The claims that people keep making about him over compensating and trying way too hard to be an edgy off the wall animator like Oney or Pebbles, let his entire edgelord pony series be a big fat conformation to those claims.
>>
>>85016743
I'm confused, how can a "hit/miss" joke be well written?
>>
>>84994782

And yet somehow they are still better than you.
>>
>>84994721
Max has had a few enjoyable things. I liked The Northern Incident (although the punchline felt a little played out), the early .MOV entries, and the stuff he did for cons. The rest of it is pretty off-putting, later season Family Guy-tier stuff.

Harry consistently makes me laugh, with the exception of like... well, the second Dr. Bees, offhand. Just feels like a more complete package overall.
>>
>>84994721
Max Gilardi is a pathetic cockroach.
>>
File: Burnie Sanders.png (195KB, 761x991px) Image search: [Google]
Burnie Sanders.png
195KB, 761x991px
>>84994721
Judging by most of these replies, Max loses. I like his style but sometimes I wonder why he doesn't try to make a go at comics or freelance illustration.
>>
Can someone explain me why Youtube/Newgrounds animators generate almost as much butthurt as Pewdiepie? It really seems, superficially, to be just an absurd amount of jealousy for talent, or jealous that someone has the talent but doesn't use it like the jealous person would think he himself would, but I hate the jealous argument, it always seems like oversimplification, so is there anything more to this? Is there anything that actually justifies it?
>>
>>84997598
I...what was the point of Max's video? I really don't get it
>>
>>85026930
>jealousy
Hardly. When you know an animator has the potential to be better and falls from that expectation it's called "disappointment."

Have your parents ever used that word before, anon?
>>
>>85027134
I didn't get it either, San's reaction might be a reference to either something from the game or something else entirely.
>>
File: CARIC5.png (122KB, 633x843px) Image search: [Google]
CARIC5.png
122KB, 633x843px
>>84994721
I wish Max still did caricatures.
>>
>>85027208
Take a look at the posts in this thread. These people are not former fans, they genuinely hate them.
>>
>>85027134
>MLP
>FNAF
>Undertale

Max tends to make videos based on what's popular at the time.
>>
>>85027589
Which is funny cause once he releases his video the trend has moved past by a long time, so it's just fandom pandering now.
>>
>>85027536
Whatever, Chicken Little.
>>
>>85027668
The fuck you just called me, motherfucker?
>>
Why did Max get a septum piercing?
>>
File: 1422060874254.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1422060874254.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>84996952
>>
>>85013426
Pretty good.
>>
>>85019132
That was the only thing he's done, anon. Of course he's going to be underrated when he has one video out.
>>
I like Jason Steele better
>>
>>85026128
Wow anon you sure showed them! xD
>>
>>84994721
when is max gonna grow out of the piercings?
>>
>>85009019
What?!
>>
>>85025215
that still a shitty classless thing to say
>>
>>85026073
His points are hit/miss but generally well-written.
>>
I love both of them. Can't really choose one or the other.
>>
>>85025215
Still tacky & stupid for somebody wanting to get into the industry.
>>
>>85026930
Artists are just shit people in general that's pretty much why. Hypocritical jealous shit people with shit talent. Fucking pro gamers are better people than them.
>>
>>84997598
I cringed. Stupid sans.
>>
>>85008006
https://youtu.be/Tbo8SNTNsQQ
Oooooooohhh
Ahhhhhh ohhhhh aaaah
>>
>>84995014
THIS
>>
Talented witty Harry or edgelord halfassed Max?

Hmmmm
>>
>>85000153
Past the edge, lazy isn't quite what I'd call them, more like unambitious
>>
>>84994721
fags
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.