[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

Since this movie was a biggest dissapointed for Paramount since Last Airbender, what's next for TMNT movies?
>>
Hopefully straight into the trash.
>>
>>84986741
OP here, scratch that, I was wrong, I checked. What Out of the Shadows has made in two months, Last Airbender made in a week.

This movie is a way bigger disappointment than Last Airbender.
>>
>>84986741
Is the new cartoon good?
>>
Holy shit. 1%?

Poor Amell.
>>
>>84986741
Why was this shit on so hard? It's not like the first one was good but I heard more people complaining about this being shit.
>>
File: nah system shock.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nah system shock.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
>>84986870
Nah
>>
39%.
>>
>>84986890
Well, time to end myself then
>>
File: J.J._Abrams_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (221KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
J.J._Abrams_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
221KB, 1280x911px
>>84986741
Reboot by JJ
>>
>>84986885
Because at least the first movie wasn't full of cringe comedy, at least the first one had a story structure, at least the first movie didn't leave out important details like the bad guys' motivation.

Oh yeah, and the CGI is fucking worse even though they allegedly has ten million dollars more to work with.
>>
>>84986741
>it hit DVD in a month after it hit theaters
Can't recall any movie hitting homes this fast before. Shit must have really bombed at the box office.
>>
>>84986741

Don't believe this piece of shit, lying, anon.

TMNT 2 has a 39% on RT.
>>
>>84986960
$81,156,022 Domestic and $154,260,505 foreign, that's $235,416,527 wold wide.

The budget was $135 million, so the rough estimate for what it'll take for the movie to break even is $340 million and there is no way it's going to make that kind of money now.
>>
>>84987003

OOOOOOO THIRTY NINE PERCENT!!!
>>
File: click.jpg (209KB, 993x1525px) Image search: [Google]
click.jpg
209KB, 993x1525px
IDW TMNT adaptation when?
>>
i loved this movie a ton. i feel bad for it. I want a 3rd one because the second one was such an improved over the first.
>>
>>84987076
improvement*
>>
>>84987003
Read the filename.

And by the way, not only is 39% rotten on the Tomato meter, take a look at what the "positive" reviews actually say:

>Feels remarkably like it was conceived and created by (as opposed to merely for) 12-year-old boys.

>Slightly more entertaining than the previous film, this sequel makes a lot more noise.

>Their exuberance keeps the goofy film going whenever the ooze dries up, but never fear, the next scene will feature snot, brain fluid or some sort of ooze to satisfy the 10-year-old next to you.

Shit is backhanded as fuck.
>>
>>84987003
Honestly, this feels more like a case of Bay's reputation tainting the movie, since this one is much better than the first ugly piece of shit.

Saw it, pretty much 1987-fan Fan Pandering: the Movie. Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, oh my!

>stupid humour
It's the fucking ninja turtles, and it's Bebop and Rocksteady of all people specifically. Funnily, despite their "loldumb" moments, they are actually pretty competent when fighting the turtles.
>>
>>84987143
they were way more capable in the movie than the entirety of the show.
I agree with the Bay thing, every complaint I've seen has some mentioned of " Bay directed it, that fucker, that's why it's shit", or some variety thereof, which isn't even true.
>>
I actually liked the movie. Honestly, it was a big improvement. Sure, there were moments I didn't like (maybe three), but I enjoyed it.
The reason why the second movie gets hate is because of the first movie that wasn't the best and as >>84987143 said because of Bay's reputation.
I don't understand why people use sites like Rotten Tomatoes as a proof that the movie is good or shit.
>>
>>84986870
the 2012 nick cartoon? yeah it's great.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-30+at+07.19.26).jpg (306KB, 732x1277px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-30+at+07.19.26).jpg
306KB, 732x1277px
>>>84986741(OP)
>>lowest rated TMNT yet, but a joke.png
>The sad part is, it's actually one of the highest rated TMNT films yet.
>>
>>84987358
Reading TMNT 2 (1991) critics consensus make me want to kill some people
>>
>>84987240
There was a time on /tv/ when rt ratings didnt mean shit and no one gave a fuck about the box office gross. Now to prove a movie is bad people on /tv/ let normies decide. DARK TIMES
>>
>>84987407
The RT's rotten meter is complete bullshit. Look at the new Ghostbusters. The movie was shit, yet it got 73% on RT if I remember correctly.
And look at >>84987358 TMNT movies always get bad reviews from the critics.
>>
>>84987358
Well, we can assume most of the positive reviews were paid for.
>>
>>84987091
>Feels remarkably like it was conceived and created by (as opposed to merely for) 12-year-old boys.
Come on, anon, with a property like this that's not an insult.
>>
>>84986870
'12 turtles are hit and miss, like most shows nowadays. Season 1 and 2 are really solid, but after that it's clear they don't want to conclude it but they also have no idea how to add more story to the show. Season 3 is all over the place in quality, while season 4 has been consistently terrible, with the only really good episode being basically Turtles Forever 2.
>>
>>84987554
What? Why did you assume that?
>>
>>84987647
I like the episodes from season one to season three.
Season four's space arc was really confusing. It's started like nothing and ended like nothing. Some episodes were good, but others were either boring or ruined by cringey "love" between Raph and Mona. Casey became degenerate. It's sad. I just hope they will fix it in the next episodes.
>>
i can agree with a lot of the genuine critiques this movie got, but it was nice that the people in charge seemed to have listened to what fans wanted after the first one. pandering, listening to ideas, whatever people wanna call it.
i guess i don't understand what people wanted from this movie/franchise. to take itself seriously? be fun and light-hearted? a mix of both?
For what it was i thought it was great, definitely not without it's problems, but an all around solid, fun action movie about ninja turtles.
>>
>>84986741
it was actually good in some areas
>>
>>84987667
It had a review embargo.
>>
I don't know if Ninja Turtles is something you can really do as a major blockbuster. The three 90s movies were low-budget kids films starring no-name guys in costumes.
>>
>>84987892
So what? It's not like embargo is a bad thing.
Just because you didn't like the movie doesn't mean that most good reviews were paid.
Paying for reviews seems very stupid to me. It's just a waste of time.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.