[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why? Why do they keep making these spin off comics about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: n4q8nddajqssaks3xkud.jpg (49KB, 636x417px) Image search: [Google]
n4q8nddajqssaks3xkud.jpg
49KB, 636x417px
Why? Why do they keep making these spin off comics about the SAME HEROES with"different stories" and not just make a NEW story about a new superhero? Why do they have to keep making new Batman and Harley Quinn stories in alternate universes and shit over the original?

Do people actually enjoy to consume these stuff? I personally think Harley Quinn 52 is terrible.

Why do people give this a hand and fund THESE instead asking for NEW hero ? ?? ? ?
>>
>>84969967
>not just make a NEW story about a new superhero?

Original characters with NO ties to existing ones don't sell like you think they will. If they did then more and more of them would have books coming out and still going.

>Why do they have to keep making new Batman and Harley Quinn stories in alternate universes and shit over the original.

That's the fun thing about ALTERNATE universes. They don't usually mess with the main universe

>Do people actually enjoy to consume these stuff? I personally think Harley Quinn 52 is terrible.

People clearly do considering the fact that the books keep selling and keep going. Doesn't matter if YOU think it's terrible, other people don't.
>>
Because new heroes rarely catch on unless they're attached to some sort of pre-existing hero.

When was the last time a new character, not based on another hero/villain, got popular.

Was Deadpool the last one?
>>
>>84969967
I think a big part of it is just that superheroes have more or less been done at this point.

If you try to make an original superhero, it'll probably bear a resemblance to some existing one and people will think it's a ripoff. If you just redo an existing one, then at least you'll have an audience among people who already like someone who follows the Spiderman archetype, or the Iron Man archetype, or whatever.

Personally, I'm not tired of Spiderman, I'm tired of "kid gets super agility and strength and decides to become a hero" stories. The people out there who can still get into that sort of thing are the audience for Spiderman reboots, and they don't care that it's called Spiderman.
>>
File: 470px-Deathstroke.jpg (87KB, 470x480px) Image search: [Google]
470px-Deathstroke.jpg
87KB, 470x480px
>>84969967
>Why do people give this a hand and fund THESE instead asking for NEW hero ? ?? ? ?

Because people like familiarity. People don't buy new heroes.

>>84970162
> a new character, not based on another hero/villain
>Deadpool

huh?
>>
I do actually enjoy alternate universes takes. Because they don't touch on the original.
But now this little fucker is taking over on the original universe. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>84970227
Yeah, you got me there.

What about Jessica Jones? Was she the last one?
>>
>>84969967
Oh young naive anon-kun
>>
>>84969967
That isn't even a picture of an example of what you're talking about. The least you could do is pick Ultimate Peter Parker, but no, you had to pick the actually different character.
>>
>>84970265
Alias was written for Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones was a hasty substitute when Bendis was told he couldn't use Drew.
>>
Batman stories sell in every universe
New characters, truly new characters without attachments to existing IPs, nearly never sell
>>
>>84970334
So yes?
>>
>>84970334
thats actually a filthy lie but whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.