[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ayer on Joker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: jokes on you.jpg (129KB, 599x777px) Image search: [Google]
jokes on you.jpg
129KB, 599x777px
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-on-creating-a-new-joker-w431640

>How much input did Jared have on the new look for the character?

The basics for it were always gonna be the pale skin and the green hair. But he was very involved. And, you know, we did the tattoos, which are controversial, but, I mean, we wanted him to be of our world.

>Yeah, people were taken aback. Was the idea, "What does a criminal kingpin look like now?"

Exactly. Because then character was always a gangster, you know? He has always been sort of a gang boss and part of the underworld. You look at his origin in the early 1940s, when Hollywood had made these gangster movies ... so, just wanted to lean into that idea a little bit and go, "What does a contemporary organized crime leader look like?"

You know he's got a point. Joker was very much in that classic 1930s styled mobster vein, right down to the tux , the kind of Dick Tracy gimmick villain.
>>
>>84966562
I'll say it, I like the tattoos. They make him look hot and creepy at the same time, gives me a real Morrison joker vibe
>>
Hardcore viral on this shit show.
>>
>>84966688
>DC Shill the post
>>
File: image.png (146KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
146KB, 500x561px
>>84966850
Well memed
>>
>>84966688
>>84966850
But thats exactly right. His style was directly pulled from Morrison. The thin white duke
>>
>>84966886
Morrison Joker didn't have tattoos and dress like a pimp from the 80s in any of his three appearances
>>
Honestly its just the DAMAGED one that irks me the most
>>
>>84966688
MOTHER
>>
>>84966964
>Morrison Joker didn't have tattoos and dress like a pimp from the 80s in any of his three appearances

Morrison's Joker is everything and it's contrary and that's the point (Arkham Asylum reveals more of the Morrison's Joker than his long run)
>>
>>84966562
I hope to high hell that Affleck and Leto do a TDK Returns movie, or even just a short. To see those two duke it out in the Tunnel O' Love was just so well done for the comic and the animated movie IMO
>>
>>84966562
>"What does a contemporary organized crime leader look like?"
I seriously doubt the higher ups on crime look like that.
>>
File: 275409-81587-joker_super.jpg (17KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
275409-81587-joker_super.jpg
17KB, 400x230px
>>84966562
>Joker was very much in that classic 1930s styled mobster vein.
No one's arguing that, but it doesn't explain anything. I'm not saying it should but just remember that word for a second. Explain.

See most gang affiliates get ink that shows their loyalties, climb, prison time and losses. Unless you're born in, then you're just sorted without any branding needed.

Either way that's the explanation real world wise. Joker's are just self-referential and as a result redundant. In case that went by some of you I'll say it in plain, those tats aren't telling me he's the boss of a gang or part of one unless the Jokerz already exist in DCEU, perhaps as an off shot of Royal Flush, which would be an interesting play on origins but it's not what's happening.
I'll concede right now that perfectly defines and illustrates the Joker's extravagant, indulgent personality. He's unaffiliated with anyone but himself and loves his gimmicks because he's the Joker, but see that's where it ends then.

The tats aren't one of the puzzle pieces if it's all of a one piece puzzle. In short despite their efforts, or claims, he doesn't look more like a gang boss with the tats, he just looks like the Joker with tats.

I understand why they felt they needed to explain it, but they didn't need to. It won't matter, remember this is the Joker. Look at what happened with gangster Joker, Nicholson, in the first Batman movie? He goes from a dour hitman to a complete clown and it required no further explanation. You have to realize at some point when dealing with these characters that some things don't, won't and really shouldn't make sense or be explained.

You know what a recently traumatized kid who lost their parents to murder would do if a bat flew into their room while brooding? They'd go to town on it with a fire poker. You can write about phobias and seizing fear and signs and whatever else but Batman dresses like Batman because Batman is Batman. End of explanation.
>>
Well I will hand it to Ayer for acknowledging the tatoos as controversial instead of Snydering a defense.
>>
>>84966562
You're right, and with this in mind I could stomach the tats, maybe even like them, but they still look more hot topic than Slav-Mob
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.