[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You lied to me, /co/, he doesn't suffer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 1448529074136.jpg (363KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1448529074136.jpg
363KB, 900x1366px
You lied to me, /co/, he doesn't suffer.
>>
>>84961802
He suffers for you as we speak.
>>
>>84962040
How so?
>>
>>84961802
Fine! He suffers 99% of the time. Feel better?
>>
>>84964218
He just goes through standard super hero bad stuff, he doesn't suffer any more than the average hero.
>>
>>84964331
>clearly didn't read Nova 8
>>
>>84964519
That was standard super hero bad stuff though, unless you mean the part where no other hero really wants to talk to him, in which he case he shouldn't care. He's friends with Beta Ray Bill and has received praise from both Thor and Captain America.

I'll say it again: Sam doesn't suffer any more than the average hero.
>>
>>84964728
Compare him to most modern Marvel heroes.

The closest to Miles suffering was all undone by Secret Wars.
>>
>>84964331
He's pretty much on par with Hal in the Silver Age with "Shit just keeps going wrong over and over".
>>
>>84964331
I think the suffering meme kinda went out of control a bit, but he certainly does in comparison to his contemporaries. Miles has also had a rough time of it but at least he gets more reprieved.

Also, it's more the Sean Ryan run that caused the "being Sam is suffering" what with the reveal that the dad he'd been living with wasn't actually his dad but an evil alien clone. Then all the spaghetti dropping with Kamala, getting blackmailed by Vision, losing all your normie friends because you're superheroing then realise that none of the superheroes really are your friends, having every Nova you try and find end up being dead, still having no idea where your dad is because you let the trail run cold because of the fake dead who is also dead...

That run is just a series of bad shit happening without many high moments.

All the kid needs is a real mentor. Someone that Sam can rely on. Someone like Big Dick Rider.
>>
>>84961802
Being Cyclops is suffering, Nova is just average
>>
>>84964827
Anon, Sam will get Dick it would stop his suffering and marvel needs their white men to suffer
>>
File: 1439064053736.png (3MB, 634x1963px) Image search: [Google]
1439064053736.png
3MB, 634x1963px
>>84964777
His uncle is still dead, and while no one else remembers that his uncle ever even existed he does.

I mean, unless Sam's dad dies as soon as he's found Sam really doesn't have it that bad.
>>
>>84964835
>Being Cyclops is suffering
>having 10/10s constantly throwing themselves at you but being too much of a stick in the mud to enjoy it
Eh. A lot of his issues are self inflicted. He didn't have to abandon Maddy and Nate because "woops, Jean's back." He could have stuck to any of his number of retirements but kept coming back to the X-men because he can't not be a soldier or leader.
>>
>>84964835
At least Cyclops got to go out being worse than Hitler.
Nova went out crying like a bitch
>>
>>84964728
He suffers in a different, more tangible and relatable way. Instead of having his girlfriend murdered or being slandered relentlessly he misses his dad and he feels like an outcast in the superhero community, plus the strain on his home life. It's relatable.
>>
>>84964947
He found A dad that turned out to be a skrull or something who then did die. Not as traumatizing as killing your own uncle sure, but that weighs on a man.
>>
>>84964947
>no one else remembers that his uncle ever even existed he does
They remember Aaron. He's still dead though.
>>
>>84964947
Does he? Uncle Prowler's death was a big deal for like all of two issues after it happened, then it was promptly forgotten by everybody, Miles included.
>>
File: 1467455166733.jpg (354KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
1467455166733.jpg
354KB, 1000x1537px
>>84965087
Well the same could be said of Sam, a lot of what people claim to be bad shit happening to him he just brushes off if it's not happening at that exact moment.
>>
>>84965017

I honestly just find it so funny how the super hero community doesn't really care about him at all. With the Nova helmet, he can potentially hang in with the A-tier heros that are the heaviest hitters. He even went at it against Beta Ray Bill momentarily. Not only that, but the dude can fly at high speeds, which is pretty important when trying to save people.

Jesus christ, why the fuck doesn't anyone actually try to train him? Sam could be way more reliable if he had someone to train with and teach him how to fully utilize the nova force. I know Richard Rider is gone for now, but I'm pretty damn sure someone smart like Tony could figure out how to have Sam utilize the Nova force bettter.
>>
>>84965710
Well dick is coming back and will be training sam. So that will be happing
>>
>>84965710
He literally had to steal the nega bands from Iron man because they wouldn't let him go into the machine that needed breaking with his RADIATION PROOF uniform and space beams.
They sent Kamala in there like every moment wouldn't be a risk or turning into a puddle of goop by Annihilus and she doesn't even have any weaponry.
>>
File: suffer man.png (1MB, 1254x795px) Image search: [Google]
suffer man.png
1MB, 1254x795px
>>84965710
Sam is already a heavy hitter and they realized that after he fought the reversed hulk (I don't understand why he didn't get more praise for this) when no one else was there to stop him.
But all it got him was a avengers member card and a pat on the back from cap

One of the things I like about Sam is that he is actually a really true hero and just wants other heroes to like him something that miles and Kamala got almost instantly without going up against A tier threats like Kluh
>>
File: 1466540996153.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466540996153.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>84967284

Has Kamala actually had one of those fights that utter destroys them at the end of a rope but they have to keep fighting?
>>
>>84966709

Let's be real here, they sent Kamala because they needed someone to shrink to get inside the machine and break it. Thor's hammer just bounced off its casing, there was no way Nova was going to crack it.
>>
>>84965710
>Jesus christ, why the fuck doesn't anyone actually try to train him?

Rocket Raccoon trained him in his origin, and Speedball and Justice presumably trained him a little when they let him on the New Warriors. And the new book's description heavily implies that Rich will be training him the way he never trained his own brother.

Other than that, the most he got were some pep talks from Captain America and a rather blunt pep talk from Nextwave's Captain.
>>
I bet Rich is his father.

>Mom, you didn't tell me you knew Richard Rider!
>Sam, honey, let me just say that when he and I got nasty, there were TWO Dick Riders that night.
>>
>>84967688
Rich was like 25 when he "died". I doubt he had a kid when he was 10. Especially since that's one of the things he was crying about right before he "died".
>>
>>84964827
Someone like the Captain.
>>
>>84967725
>Wait, but if I was born ten years ago, that means you and Dad...
>Your father was very well equipped for his age. Much like you, Sam.
>MOM!?
>What? Gamora told me all about it.

Or maybe it's some kind of a Rip Hunter thing and it was Future Rich Rider sent from the future to ensure the present.
>>
>>84967791
The captain will just make Sam less of a pure hero and more jaded

Sam needs someone who can guide him through his hero troubles and pep talks about normal life
>>
>>84967866
Richard seems like he has much better and more urgent things to do than talk to Sam.
I knew him being paired up with Sam was going to be unavoidable after Richard comes back, but I was hoping they'd at least wait a few issues for that.
>>
>>84964827
no, he needs Captain Cunt
>>
>>84967358
she will in a couple months when she gets her ass kicked by carol danvers
>>
>>84968061
I really, really hope Richard cathartically does that to Sam.
>>
>>84964947
he's not the prowler of this new book? I liked uncle aaron
>>
File: 1446899473682.jpg (253KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446899473682.jpg
253KB, 791x1200px
>>84968173
Who fucking knows, I hope it's Hobie though.
>>
>>84968099
Why would he? The only reason I can think that he'd be mad at Sam is telling his parents that he was dead.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.