[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, what is /co opinion on Nameless ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Nameless_612x380_0.jpg (47KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_612x380_0.jpg
47KB, 612x380px
so, what is /co opinion on Nameless ?
>>
'Morrison needs to cheer the fuck up'.
>>
>>84955903
/thread
>>
>Everyone Goes Insane And Fucking Dies In A Horrible Way: The Space Odyssey
Christ, Grant. Cat died again?
>>
>>84955986
You mean they all died in the mansion when Nameless murdered them and then he made some mental hallucination of a space mission and them dying violently.
>>
>>84955470
Its a meme comic favoured by reddit
>>
>>84955470
Made me uncomfortable. The first comic I had to stop reading because it was so fucked up on so many levels. I stopped at issue 4. I'd love to read the rest but I know I'll have to prepare for it.
>>
>>84955470

>Jesus Christ how horrifying

The usage of color made me physically uneasy quite a few times.
>>
>>84955470
Babbys first circular comic.

I knew as soon as I saw the Mansion he was going to do a "IS THE SPACE REAL OR THE MANSION REAL" stupidity.
>>
>>84956454
Shut up bitch, you didn't know shit.
>>
2deep4me

Seriously, it was just too dense, some of the things it did were amazing, the layouts, and generally the plot was very interesting but some of the stuff just went over my head.
>>
>>84955470
Read the first issue or two and thought it was edgy garbage, complete with Morrison's drug-addled nonsense dialogue/ exposition.
>>
>>84955470
My head hurts.
>>
>>84955470
Wish there was a scan of the GN because that's got concept art and design notes.
>>
Does it have a follow-up story/series? Or are those 6 issues all it has?
>>
>>84958154
Just those 6.
>>
>>84956039
>meme comic favoured by reddit
How do you know?
>>
I'm pretty disappointed in this thread. It's a great horror comic and it's also one of the best recent Morrison mindfucks.
>>
Lovecraftian themed comic recommendations, anyone?
>>
OP here.

thanks guys, I will try to read the collected edition this month...
>>
>>84956024
fucking shit i gotta read it again,
>>
>>84960975
The Squidder is a good one
>>
Would have been excellent minus the meta unreality bullshit. So much cosmic horror potential squandered.
Considered making an edited version leaving out a lot of pages to make it just that, I really hope it becomes a movie that does the same.
>>
>>84960975
The King In Yellow
>>
File: providence08-wrap.jpg (651KB, 2328x1800px) Image search: [Google]
providence08-wrap.jpg
651KB, 2328x1800px
>>84960975
Providence
>>
>>84962152
Elder-gods tier
>>
I've got to re-read it.

Reading Grant Morrison is (almost) always tough to understand with 3-6 weeks in-between chapters.

Regardless of that, I enjoyed parts.
>>
>>84961719
Morrison really needs an editor strong enough to give him a clip around the ear whenever he starts drifting into self-indulgence. He had that at Vertigo, and that's still the period of his best work.
>>
>>84961719
>>84962543
When it's done well the reality warping amplifies the cosmic horror instead of detracting from it. I think it was done pretty well in Nameless.
>>
>>84960975
You can try Alan Moore's The Courtyard.
Witch Doctor also has a bit of lovecraftian feel to it not to mention its pretty good.
>>
>>84955470
Morrison makes yet another comic where he references obscure esoteric events and religions and the plot is impossible to understand?

I love it
>>
File: 281 4.jpg (111KB, 844x569px) Image search: [Google]
281 4.jpg
111KB, 844x569px
It was excellent. Seriously terrifying and disorienting.

Not terribly similar but Ellis' Injection is unique in its way and really good. Team of scientists, mystics, hackers etc fighting a sentient techno virus that makes ghosts and monsters.

>>84955903
See: Klaus
Heavy Metal
>>
File: God.png (484KB, 571x348px) Image search: [Google]
God.png
484KB, 571x348px
>>84960975
How would you like a story about Cthulus bandworms?
Check out Witch doctor
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.