[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know Carol is gonna lose, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (256KB, 900x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 900x1365px
Does anybody really believe carol has any chance of being right in this?

It's already obvious that she going to lose.

If she wins, then Ulysses is in full effect and crime and conflict would be nonexistent for them to write comics about. Plus Tony needs a win after being on the wrong side of the first Civil War. Even the Spider-man death flag has been dropped on Carol because we know he's going to flip to the right side after seeing some kind of irreconcilable moral dilemma on the pro-Carol side.

Is anyone at all getting convinced that this is a murky issue like they want us to believe like in CW1, because I sure as hell don't feel it. Minority report, marvel edition, just isn't making the grade.

At least Carol will finally lose, not that I can't see Marvel pulling some shit and making it so that she switches rhetoric at just the right time to be on the winning side.
>>
>>84955119
Everyone will lose.
>>
Nah, Carol will win because they're desperately trying to push her, and last time Tony won Civil War and nobody liked it.
>>
>>84955168
I hope its a heros lose and villians do something? ending
>>
Why the FUCK is carol giving all the orders while steve just stands there?
>>
Firemen from CW will win
>>
>>84955254
Beta knows his place.
>>
>>84955254
He's Hydra now.
>>
File: Endlesswartime.jpg (249KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Endlesswartime.jpg
249KB, 750x750px
>>84955254
>>
>>84955465
>>84955254
KEKED
>>
>>84955119
>. Plus Tony needs a win after being on the wrong side of the first Civil War.
But Tony won Civil War.
>>
Doesn't really matter, the reader loses regardless of the outcome.
>>
>>84955119
or you know just kill off ylysses
>>
She might. I mean, Marvel doesn't seem interested in writing about super heroes doing super hero things. With Ulysses predicting crime and it always being stopped the heroes will have plenty of time to sit around coffee shops and be catty with eachother like the E! shows.
>>
Ulysses is of course going to predict something which doesn't happen, OR he predicts Carol does something criminal.
>>
>>84955119
Nah, I can see her winning and having her shit become the status quo for a while before becoming undone in another event that has the marvel universe "return to more heroic roots" shortly afterwards. I mean Tony won the first civil war despite it being the bigger status quo changer of the two sides.
>>
>>84955204
>last time Tony won Civil War and nobody liked it
because he was wrong. This time he is kinda right and needs the moral victory, he is the biggest superhero, has the pleblord writer in his comic who also writes this event... Tony is going to win.
>>
>>84955119
Carol will lose like Tony "lost" the last Civil War.
She will beat the other heroes on a fight and will have some control and relative power in the new status quo after the event.
>>
>>84955119
Remember when Tony was an asshole at the beginning of Iron Man 1 & how Star Lord was a self centered merc until the middle of GotG?

Marvel is going to have Carl Danvers learn a special life lesson by the end of Civil War 2. She'll win. She'll just be as bland & boring as KSD's run

Also, Marvel has to get that hype train rolling for what? 2019? 2020?
>>
>>84956342
You mean like how Tony was on the run from Norman Osbourne and had to erase his own brain?

It didn't take long for the Pro Reg side to see the colossal train wreck they caused...
>>
>>84955860
Like turning into a fascist and opressing dictator that would make Doom look tame?
>>
>>84955465
>chairforce pulling rank over army

Well at least that parts accurate.
>>
>>84956465
To be fair I don't think either side in civil war II are right. Tony completely wants to disregard Ulysses, and Carol is starting to go minority report. Both of them are using Ulysses disregarding that whole being a person thing. Why not just use the visions to help check for crimes or even discourage criminals from committing them? If I have to pick a side I'll go with Tony, but neither are inherently correct. Tony will win the fight until Carol goes binary, and then Tony will retire in the Oath. Then Carol will either drop the issue after Ulysses quits so he isn't treated like a tool. That or Cap will manipulate Carol into giving him control so he can "Hail Hydra". Tony as we begin to see in Invincible Iron Man #12 will retire to focus on his company. Riri will take over as Iron (Wo)man. She'll be the smarter iron man until the next writer decides that's completely stupid and Tony comes back to the more "Heroic Age" wealthy and ready (hopefully) to do superhero things.
>>
>>84955119
Of course she will. The one in the right always loses.
>>
File: Time for Carol.jpg (22KB, 287x225px) Image search: [Google]
Time for Carol.jpg
22KB, 287x225px
>>
>>84956987
Oh and Carol? Will probably be very bland. Her and Tony will inevitably go to different AA meetings which comically turns ou to be the same one, HOW WACKY? Then they'll get into conflict. Carol will probably focus on Alpha Flight 2.0. It will be dull.
>>
>>84955981

The Superhero Registration Act along with the Initiative, everything else Tony did was bad though
>>
>>84956987
Tony is at least skeptical & wants to see where the Golden Goose's prophecies are coming from, so to speak.

Also, it's quite horrifying to see how comfortable half the Marvel universe is with an angry authoritarian with boundless daddy issues & unchecked power running the show.
>>
>>84955860
Haven't you read the latest issue? He predicts that a woman is going to destroy Wall Street and it turns out her briefcase is empty.

Also, Carol is going to kill/remove Tony, hence the new Iron Man Riri and the Infamous Iron Man, Doom.
>>
>>84957603
>new Iron Man Riri and the Infamous Iron Man, Doom
That is such a stupid idea. It's alright to replace a character from a certain standpoint but replacing him with two characters that are using the same name henceforth?
Nevermind two Thors, two Captain America's and two Spider-Man.
I wish someone would just go to Marvel and slap all their stupid shit.
>>
>>84957603
>Carol is going to kill/remove Tony, hence the new Iron Man Riri and the Infamous Iron Man, Doom.
Tony is going to retire as Iron Man after CWII:Oaths, and make a public announcement that anyone who thinks they can do a better job of being iron man than he did is welcome to try.
>>
>>84957739
>CWII:Oaths
>Tony and Carol trying to work out their differences with Steve "Hail Hydra" Rogers as their mediator
This is gonna be hilarious.
>>
So why was Ulysses wrong about the girl being Hydra? He can easily get predictions wrong because it is still just probability, but if his breain is suppose to be collecting all the data from everything show it should have known that everything about her including that she wasn't hydra.
>>
>carol wins
>ulysus dies
>>
>>84955465
How's he out ranked? They are both captains
>>
>>84957938
Carol can fly ergo shes the higher ranked captain anon
>>
>>84957912
Dunno, did he also see Carol making the recruits her own little Hitler Youth?
>>
>>84955119
She'll "win" but tons of people in universe are going to hate her
>>
>>84957912
>>84958072
Is he even aware of what he knows? It all comes to him in visions, so his mind is collecting the data and randomly spitting probable futures out at him. His conscious mind being left out of the process is probably why his personal bias doesn't effect things. Honestly nothing should effect it unless his mind is invaded or the data is changed before it gets to him. He should be capable of making mistakes regarding existing things that have already happened unless he lies.
>>
>>84955119
Both Tony and Carol are wrong.
Tony is wrong because he wants to just ignore Ulysses' visions and never act on any of his intel at all. If it were up to him, Thanos would have killed everyone at Project PEGASUS and looted their Iso-8.
Carol is wrong because she's going all Minority Report instead of using Ulysses' visions in an efficient and legal way.
Blue Marvel is right.
>>
>>84957912
>sily get predictions wrong because it is still just probability, but if his breain is suppose to be collecting all the data from everything show it should have known that everything about her inc

Personally I think that his power is being manipulated by Kobik and she's manipulating Ulysses for Red Skull. Think about it, if Carol goes fascist and only takes intel from Ulysses then Red Skull and Hydra win by controlling Ulysses from the shadows. Plus at worst he could always oust/hydrafy Carol after she institutes her new world order and use the police state she enabled as his forefront for nuHydra.
>>
>>84958289
There's also the fact that shit he sees might be caused because someone tries to stop it. The Asgardians are experts in that kinda thing.
>>
>>84957912
My guess is that the twist will be that she's actually a deep-cover sleeper Hydra agent and thus not even she knows it unless Hydra activates her protocols or something.
>>
>>84958374
Nope, it's the exact opposite. Ulysses can't cause self-fulfilling prophecies, if he did Tony would be wrong. His visions either come true because people let them come true or can't stop them, or they don't come true because people stop them or he was wrong. It's not how his powers work, he views a future in which he never had the vision.
Which means he's the exact opposite of the prophecies of the Ulysses of greek myths, where prophecies always came true no matter how hard you tried because the Gods are assholes.
>>
>>84955465

Are they actively trying to turn CIS Males against her before her movie even starts filming? Hell, the only reason she is even fun is because following her comics and arcs are like watching a trainwreck. She's a sociopathic hardcase, and a terrible human being, and now they are pushing her as a leader over Cap and others?

Heh, who am I kidding. Few MCU fans read the comics, or didn't before the MCU, and they will heavily dilute her 'human trainwreck' traits. She'll lead the Avengers when Evens retires.
>>
>>84958454
Why are we getting these hints that the Hulk that will go and fucking kill everyone is going to be Jen?
If Bruce didn't die because of that little vision he had Jen would have no reason to be so pissed that she's already growing out of proportions even for herself and get black sclera.
>>
>>84957912
Yeah, there's something going on. Getting the future wrong is one thing, but getting the past and present wrong too?
Either this is a sign that Ulysses' powers are failing (which means that the entire morality debate is now pointless, good job bendis), or the woman really is a Hydra agent. It's also possible that the Red Skull was going to/had mind-control her into doing something for Hydra and not even she knew about it.
>>
>>84955119
>ulysses is in full effect and crime and conflict would be nonexistent

you're assuming ulysses is correct when it's already confirmed that his predictions are probabilities and not facts set in stone. carol can win and there will still be threats to write about. the situation you're positing is whether or not carol is right about her assumptions concerning ulysses, which we already know is not the case.
>>
>>84958515
she's air force, they're higher rank than military, dumbass.

but i agree carol is a piece of shit, just not because she hurts masculine sensibilities. she's just an awful character overall.
>>
>>84958547
The Hulk in Ulysses' vision was clearly a male. Plus, the Hulk in the vision killed Hawkeye and a bunch of other characters we know for a fact are still alive after CWII is over.
The whole point is that Ulysses' visions aren't as reliable as Carol thinks.
>>
>>84958547
Well Ulysses seems to kinds just the result instead of seeing all the details leading up. The factors that could cause are what his brain takes in without his knowledge. Not to mention everybody in the room saw it and confirmed it to be Bruce hulk.
>>
>>84958588
Or he is mind-controlling Ulysses?
I mean he's not immune to that, isn't he?
>>
>>84955119
Why the fuck is Peter even on Carol's side? I'd think this is something he'd object to.
>>
>>84958663
Jean couldn't look into his mind, but it would be a possible twist that Red was keeping her out.
>>
>>84958667
He wanted to use Ulysses to make mad dosh and not waste money on scientific paths that would lead into dead ends.
>>
>>84958685
Well he does have Xavier's brain.
>>
>>84956873

Even at his worst, Tony did not make Doom look tame.

>>84957603
>Carol is going to kill/remove Tony

I think he's going to quit, not be removed. In fact I think he might run for President of the United States. Mark my words.
>>
>>84958667
Because Peter isn't an idiot.
Ulysses told him that a guy would murder 2 people. Instead of beating him up with no evidence, he followed him. When he saw him break the door of his ex' house and pull out a gun, he jumped in and arrested him.
To Peter, Ulysses is a way of preventing Uncle Ben scenarios from happening. If he thinks something bad could happen, he feels he has a responsibility to check on it.
Peter knows how to use Ulysses. He's on Team Carol not because he doesn't agree with Tony's premise of never using him ever. Doesn't mean that Peter is a fascist, just like Blue Marvel isn't a fascist.
>>
>>84955119
>Is anyone at all getting convinced that this is a murky issue like they want us to believe like in CW1,
murky issue? did you read cw1?

>untrained superhero blows up a small town
>oh no
>maybe we should train them, have them register
>that sounds like a go-
>and if they don't, we hunt them down with capekiller squads
>wait what?
>then we put them in concentration camps
>whoa its just a registra-
>we even have this nazi doctor we can have clone the ones who resist so we can make copies loyal to our cause
>okay, cap is right
>also lets get captain america assassinated
>jesus
>>
>>84958739
>I think he's going to quit, not be removed. In fact I think he might run for President of the United States. Mark my words.
I dunno. On that one artwork with Black Iron Girl it looked like there was a purely holographic Tony there. Maybe he'll die and become the new JARVIS because he uploaded his mind again.
>>
>>84955119
Like Tony last time, Carol will lose morally, but she'll technically "win".
>>
>>84958759
Yeah, but Carol is going full Minority Report, that's not something Peter would do.
>>
>>84958868
Maybe it'll cause her to relapse into alcoholism and even have Jess tell her off.
>>
>>84958877
isn't that basically his spider sense writ large?
>>
>>84958826
>untrained superhero blows up a small town
That's not what happened. The New Warriors were expert heroes who'd been active for over 10 years in the real world. They took out all the villains with ease.
The kids died because Nitro had been given a power boost thanks to MGH provided by Damage Control, who instructed him to kill a bunch of people in order to give them more business. The NW had no way of knowing that Nitro had been upgraded like that.
>>
>>84957912

In the last "Civil War 2" comic, Tony hypothesizes that since Ulysses experiences his future visions, they're mentally damaging him, making him more susceptible to dystopic visions. What this implies is that even if Ulysses' visions were correct the first few times, the more traumatizing visions he has, the worse his mental state will become and the less accurate his visions will be, and the more dystopic visions he will have, prompting a downward spiral.
>>
>>84958892
His Spider-sense in supernatural though. Plus, it only warns him from danger, it doesn't allow him to predict other people's actions.
>>
>>84958877
I think it's less about being on Team Carol and more about being against Team Tony. Carol is the side that wants to use Ulysses, so he's helping them for now. Especially since Carol going Minority Report pre-crime arrest doesn't seem to be public yet.
>>
>>84958941
Would explain why he looks so JUST on the cover of that one issue

>>84958970
But it won't be for long. I doubt what happened in Miss Marvel will be so easily to conceal anymore.
>>
>>84959012
>I doubt what happened in Miss Marvel will be so easily to conceal anymore.
You're acting like Bendis cares about what happens in tie-ins. He's treating the "probabilities" like a big revelation even though it's been spoiled for weeks even in books that logically have to take place before issue 4.
>>
>>84959044
>Bendis.
Ugh. Can't just someone kill the guy?
I mean a life sentence of prison sounds preferably than him basically running Marvel right now.
>>
>>84958859

One does not exclude the other.

If Tony leaves a copy of his mind to mentor Riri, he can devote all his energy to banging interns - I mean running the country.
>>
>>84959203
Who would Tony run against anyway?
Loki?
>>
>>84955119
>Tony has Dr fucking Strange
Excuse me, how is this a fight again?
>>
>>84959285
But Carol has Medusa, supreme Queen of the Inhumans :^)
God just shoot me
>>
>>84958630
>she's air force, they're higher rank than military, dumbass

I never mentioned military rank, bro. They are superheroes, and Captain America lost all right to pull rank when he chose to stand against the legal government (even if he was right), so his seniority, track record, and not being a human trainwreck outranks her massively. Applying what rank they held in active service (if I remember correctly, neither are anymore) is stupid dick waving with no relevance.

>I'll drive home, you had a drink and tend to try and run people over if they piss you off.
>Fuck you! I know how to fly planes!
>>
>>84959420
No, seriously. Strange has been through the meat grinder because of retard writers, but the last few years they've been doing him justice. Hell, he obliterated not-Justice League by himself. How the fuck is he not soloing Carol's team while Tony sits back and enjoys a martini? Not to mention Whor and Tony himself, who's become retardedly powerful with these new suits. This is a mismatch if i've ever seen one.
>>
>>84959471
Who has Vision?
>>
>>84959420
>Carol has Medusa
>Not single Inhuman showed up for the fight on last page
>>
>>84959471

I mean, Carol's got three not-Supermen on her side, including herself. That should be a match for him.
>>
>>84959533
Tony. Not that it matters against Strange, but yea, thanks for reminding me, Carol is also up against freaking Vision.
>>
>>84959471
I don't think Steve is going to summon any death gods, he wasn't even near sane when he pulled that shit. Plus Carol has Magik who could take everybody to Limbo where she is god. The place where she has beaten Strange and Dormammu
>>
>>84958917

See, I hate how the good guys always have to be 'perfectly' right rather than just right. I already sided with Cap in the Civil War, and likely would have even if they hadn't basically turned Tony (and the Illuminati) into super villains, and even (in your example) retconned/planned an actually quite clever mistake/accident into something malicious.

Your example is just drama for dramas sake. I liked it when it was just a fuckup.

>Are any of the New Warriors still ded?
>>
>>84959574
>three not-Supermen
>match for Dr ''my day job is battling universe-devouring horrors, and that's on the good days'' Strange
Sure. Not to mention Tony has Whor and Vision.
>>
>>84958970
That's almost AvsX all over again, but with Ulysses in Hope's place.

>>84958877
Peter is kinda sidelined by now, we see him in Team Carol only in covers, the only relevant Spidey around in the event is Miles and he's pro-Tony.
>>
>>84959533
Vision is a loser in the comics so who cares? He's not wanked to shit like he is in the movie. Someone like Thor could molest him with ease.
>>
>>84959574
Who cares? Strange and Whor are there. They can handle 3 cheap Superman knockoffs. Unless it's Sun God. That guy was an animal.
>>
>>84959588
>The place where she has beaten Strange
He wasn't Sorcerer Supreme back then and AvX is shit anyway. DD beat Psylocke, ffs. Nothing in that book should be considered canon.
>Dormammu
Dormammu has suffered greatly under these new retards writing him. Originaly he was the arch-nemesis of Eternity (the multiversal one), and he was powerful enough to beat Elder Gods in their own dimensions and cause Classical Odin to shit himself to barely stalemate him outside of Dark Dimension. He also created Stannish, who is equal to Mephisto, on a whim. Now they're writing him as a Hell Lord (even though he's a Faltine sorcerer and Hell Lords are far beneath him, but can't expect these retards to respect canon), and as a jobber, whereas he should be Strange's second strongest foe after Shuma. Magick gets a lot of people to job to her that really shouldn't.
>>
>>84958917
>The New Warriors were expert heroes who'd been active for over 10 years in the real world. They took out all the villains with ease.
Actually that version of the New Warriors was not very experienced, and in fact had members who were VERY new (like Microbe). Also they were showing off, because it was being filmed for a reality tv show about superheroing.
>>
>>84959635
Dude, non-jobbing Thor is a monster that fights Skyfather beings on a daily. Losing to him is no shame. Vision is pretty fucking powerful.
>>
>>84959654
>That guy was an animal.
Yes he was, and Strange fodderized him.
>>
File: hurf.jpg (109KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
hurf.jpg
109KB, 1600x1064px
>>84958001

I never heard any of that shit when I was in the military. Anyway, Cap flew a plane once. Into the sea.
>>
>>84959697
I know that, but the movie make it look like Vision is on the same level of power as Hulk and Thor, when that's not the case in the comics. Then again, movie Thor is pretty depowered.
>>
>>84959725
Stange had to sell his soul to some Cthulhu monstrosity to do that though.
>>
>>84959761
Did he get a mulligan on all his selling his soul shit after they put the universe back together or what?
>>
>>84959741
>movie Thor is pretty depowered
Except when he destroyed an entire city reinforced with Vibranium with a single strike, and tanked the resulting explosion completely fine. I agree, they needed to show him cut loose more, he jobbed a lot, but that scene showed that, without a doubt, Thor is by far the most powerful Avenger. Shit, movie Thor could survive a nuke no problem.
>inb4 Tony helped
Tony merely refracted the force of the blow back so that it completely destroys the city rather then just break it into many still dangerous pieces. All the power came from Thor.
>>
>>84959790
I dunno know. Secret Wars was a mess.
>>
>>84959605
Microbe is still dead, but nobody cares about him. Namorita's status is debatable since Nova brought back a version of her from the past that just vanished after DnA left. Brevoort says its best to assume she's still dead.
>>
>>84959827
Nah, I had this argument someone not too long ago. We took a look at the dialogue and Thor didn't really do shit, they just Deus Exed the Vibranium core.
>>
>>84959761
>>84959790
Yes, so he just did a standard demon summoning. Except Strange is so retardedly powerful that he summoned a Many-Angled One. He can do that shit whenever he wants, he just has to fight the god's will with his own, or it'll take over him like it did back then. And people like to forget that he can channel Zom, who is, like, the most powerful demon ever, so much so that Dormammu worked with Eternity just to seal him (couldn't kill him). And Classic Strange did even crazier shit. Strange is far, FAR more powerful then anything else on Earth and even universe (freaking stalemated and IG wielder by himself), and it's a terrible shame how they've been treating him in recent years.
>>
>>84959869
Dude, did you see the scene, Thor flattened the fucking city. Vibranium is supposed to ABSORB vibrations, not multiply them, and Thor overloaded it.
>>
>>84959903
Not like Bendis will remember that.
>>
>>84959940
Bendis actually wrote a non-Sorcerer Supreme Strange actually match and nearly beat over fifteen A-list Avengers by himself, including Thor. Just with magical skill and talent. They overwhelmed him eventually but he still beat the guy controlling them, ergo he won.
But yea, he probably wont give a fuck.
>>
>>84959927
That's not what happened. Thor had to wait for Tony to destabilize the core, if Thor could have done it under his own power he wouldn't have needed Tony's help there.
>>
>>84959903
>Zom

Didn't he get stalemated by fucking Hulk? I know WWH made everyone job to Hulk, but still.
>>
>>84955119
>Plus Tony needs a win after being on the wrong side of the first Civil War.
You do realize that Tony was supposed to be on the RIGHT side of Civil War 1. It was that shit, that the morally atrocious guys were supposed to be the good guys in it.
>>
>>84960001
The force of Thor's blow still cleared all the buildings before the ground itself exploded. Either way you spin it, it's by far the most power displayed by any Avenger.
>>
>>84960073
Sure, but that's nothing compared to comic Thor. Meanwhile DC has Superman and Zod casually knocking down skyscrapers and surviving nukes. I wish Marvel would be up their power levels to their comic book standards.
>>
>>84960041
>I know WWH made everyone job to Hulk
That's what happened. Also Strange literally holding back so much only the faintest spark of Zom's power was allowed. Also he was murdering Hulk until a bunch of retarded hippies got in the way and cause Strange to completely shut Zom off. God i hate WWH.
>>
>>84960144
Hmm, yeah if anything DC got the power level right I guess.
>>
>>84960144
>Sure, but that's nothing compared to comic Thor
Yea, but that goes for everyone.
>Meanwhile DC has Superman and Zod casually knocking down skyscrapers and surviving nukes
>knocking down a skyscraper and surviving a nuke is more impressive then clearing and entire city by hitting the ground and surviving said city exploding into your face

>I wish Marvel would be up their power levels to their comic book standards
Nah, that would turn off the mainstream audience. Comics are retard as it is with every other book being ''these two guys can each destroy a planet by scratching their ass, watch them throw down at full power and not blow up a mountain''. We don't need that in movies too.
>>
>>84960238
Surviving a nuke is more impressive than using a plot device to destroy a city, yes. Keep in mind that Superman was depowered twice by Kryptonite at that point.
>>
>>84956987

>Bendis
>Letting other writers kill off his OCs
>>
>>84960323
Like i said, at worst, Thor's blow was powerful enough to clear an entire city of buildings.
>>
>>84955119
Based on the epilogue's solicit, it sounds like Carol and Tony will realise that fighting each other over Ulysses is just tearing them apart, so they're going to hand Ulysses over to Steve Rogers since he's the only one they can trust with his power.

In other words, they're going to hand him over to HYDRA.
>>
>>84955860
Or he predicts himself going evil and causing the next catastrophe. This vision will then be projected into everyone during the big final battle in issue 7.
>>
>>84956987
>until the next writer decides that's completely stupid and Tony comes back
Anon, we're 3.5 years away from 2020. Arno is going to be the next Iron Man.
>>
>>84957912
>So why was Ulysses wrong about the girl being Hydra?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he wasn't wrong.
>>
>>84960666
KEK
>>
>>84960772
I love how Steve being Hydra wasn't something he could see. He'll only see it once it's too late.
>>
>>84958358

They are both wrong, if one is having two completely different arguments, which is whats going on with CW2.

Vision 1: Thanos appearing in a certain location and attacking.

Action taken: Show up,

Justified? if Thanos doesn't arrive then no harm caused, if he does show up then deal with the situation.

Vision 2: civilian is sleeper hydra agent

Action taken: arrest civilian and hold them with no other evidence than the vision

Justified? No, even with an investigation and telepath-scrutiny not collaborating evidence was found.

(now I have precisely zero doubt this lady will indeed prove to be a sleeper agent in order to justify carol's actions, to muddy the water)

These are two entirely different utilizations and responses to the visions. There was no moral downside to "I see Thanos at Location X, lets go to Location X and check it out". There are moral ramifications to "lets hold a civilian while lacking any evidence of wrong-doing".

But this is the muddied mess that Marvel wants and deliberately crafted. Here we are discussing this mess.
>>
>>84957938
They addressed it in one of her ongoings; she's actually a USAF Lieutenant, which does in fact outrank Steve.
>>84958190
That's going to be covered in the new Captain Marvel v11 - the cover has protestors on either side, one side proclaiming Carol a feminist icon, the other calling her a fascist dictator
>>
>>84959285
Because, he got nerfed hard
>>
>>84959741
>movie Thor is pretty depowered

Well, yes, that's true. But he's still the most powerful Avenger. He should've rekt Tony in Avengers 1, but in Age of Ultron they did him some justice in power level terms. I think the whole muh dream scenes were to justify why he wasn't in Corea helping retrieving the capsule with Vision inside, because that would've been an instant win for the Avengers.

Like the other anon said, one shot-ing Sokovia was impressive. He survived not only that explosion, but also survived the cave he was in being collapsed when the city started ascending. And when Ultron says "Thor, you're bothering me" and takes it one on one with him, that was cool too. In that scene, a casual friend told me "Right, like Thor's the only one bothering him, not the other Avengers". Maybe it was bad delivered, but I think Whedon wanted to show us that Ultron acknowledges Thor's a major threat to his plan, so he tries to take him down ASAP.

I also liked that Thor was one of the three that melted Ultron's armor. It was really great. It wasn't a "heroes uses their special attacks one after another against the final boss to beat him", like a digimon chapter or TMNT. It was only three of them, Vision (Ultron's son with the Infinity Stone), Thor (the powerful one) and Tony (Ultron's creator and the face of the MCU).
>>
>>84961144
>USAF Lieutenant
She's a Colonel, Lieutenant would be going the other way.
>>
>>84961491
He keeps getting buffed ever since he became SS again, though.
>>
>>84961535
Is Thor's strength his own or he gets some upgrades when he wields Mjolnir?
>>
>>84961535
>He should've rekt Tony in Avengers 1

Bear in mind, despite the 'power up'. Tony's armor took some damage in that fight and Thor was basically untouched. It took Ultron pounding on the guy for an extended period to even bruise him. It's pretty clear that, if he had actually intended it, Thor could have won that fight.

It's made pretty obvious when he is later brawling with the Hulk and holding his own, and even holding back as he is trying to calm him down.

Even in the above Ultron scene, he is sort of just taking the blows. i don't think we have ever really seen Thor cut loose properly. Maybe in Dark World? I don't recall it that well outside the Loki scene and Thor on the London underground.
>>
>>84961563
Fair enough - I cannot into US military.
>>
>>84961675
It's his own. In the comics, on his own he has strength, speed, durability, weather control, and godblast. With Mjolnir he gets much more refined weather control, matter and energy absorption, transmutation and control, flight, teleportation, time and space manipulation, more focused Godblast, Anti-Force, etc. It's also an insanely good melee weapon, seeing as it's near-indestructible and can control amp itself with energy.
>>
>>84961675
>Did not watch Thor.

The latter. Is is low-tier superhuman (or metahuman in DC terms). Still inhumanly tough and strong, but not too far above the levels of Captain America.

The hammer basically gives him most of his power. But it doesn't seem to be related to holding it, oddly. As long as they are 'bound' he still retaisn the power whilst the hammer is not on his person, as we saw in Avengers when he fought the Hulk, before calling Mjolnir.
>>
>>84961833

He's asking about the MCU, I assume. Where we see in his fight in his first movie that without it's power, he is a basic Asgardian.
>>
>>84961535
This.
>He should've rekt Tony in Avengers 1
Despite all the Tony wank in that scene, and it did piss me off, it was pretty clear Thor had the advantage. Even with the bullshit 400% power-up, Tony's repulsors literally couldn't scratch Thor (even point blank), and when he actually tried fighting him hth Thor absolutely demolished him with far superior skill and experience. Meanwhile, Thor was crushing his armor with his grip, and the headbutt scene speaks for itself. Thor was holding back and Tony was amped, and still Tony could even scratch him while Thor was slowly taking his armor apart.
>>
>>84961888
That was Odin striping him of all his power.
>he is a basic Asgardian
Not even. He had trouble with ordinary humans that movie Sif would ragdoll. Do you honestly think a bunch of nurses could hold down an Asgardian? That a needle could pierce his skin? Odin made him human.
>>
>>84955497
He was still on the morally wrong side. OP's referring to morals rather than a physical victory
>>
>>84958358
>Blue Marvel is right.
Of COURSE he's right!

He's BLACK!

Remember when T'Challa said the Illuminati was a bad idea at the first meeting?

Black is ALWAYS right with BENDIS!
>>
>>84956987
So in short, Tony is being impractical about Ulysses while Carol is abusing power and civil rights.
>>
>>84962221
Pretty much. Like others have said, Spider-Man and Blue Marvel are the only ones with common sense here.
>>
>>84961633
Then the Impirikul happened..
>>
>>84962221
Bullseye.
>>
>>84958362
That's wrong. Red Skull thinks Kobik dissolved because she didn't come back to his side after Standoff when in reality she's with Bucky and his group. That's just one of his current miscalculations, with Hydra!Cap starting to think he could run Hydra better and subverting his orders.
>>
I feel I'd be able to weigh in on this a lot better if I had actually seen Minority Report.

And I didn't.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.