[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>USA: Boring designs >Canada: Tweened shit Who can we blame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: artschool.jpg (128KB, 690x244px) Image search: [Google]
artschool.jpg
128KB, 690x244px
>USA: Boring designs
>Canada: Tweened shit

Who can we blame?
>>
In the USA's case, producers realized that the audience didn't give a fuck about character designs.

In Canada's case, they are legally obligated to produce a certain amount of animated content, so they will shit out anything they can cobble together.
>>
>>84951484

>legally obligated to produce a certain amount of content
What?

There's only so much time in the day.
>>
>>84951537
It's intended to promote jobs in the industry, and it does but at a major cost of effort.
>>
>>84951537
>>84951635
its like some monkey's paw shit
you get to work in the industry!
but you have to watch your baby be reduced to nothing but fart jokes and formulaic plots that would even make hanna barbera cringe
>>
>>84951537
And the law states that 60% of that time must be canadian
>>
>>84951396
I wonder how many people here that shit all over calarts actually applied and got rejected and are forever salty about it.
>>
File: Pesky bee.jpg (5KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Pesky bee.jpg
5KB, 299x169px
>get creative
>>
>>84951484
>IIn Canada's case, they are legally obligated to produce a certain amount of animated content, so they will shit out anything they can cobble together.
That only pertains to Canadian networks for running domestic content, and is only because it's cheaper to buy and run shows from the US.
>>
>>84951396
the incestuous relationships between channels and studios in the USA. Since everything is owned by the broadcasters, there's no healthy competition, just a game of abuse and agreements. the channels don't get to pic between shows, they order them by the letter, and chose who makes the cheapest version.
>>
What about 3D?
What about American cartoons that's animation is outsourced to Canadian studios?
>>
>>84951396
Danny Antonucci went to Sheridan and so did John K for a short while, you can't really blame the college/program. Most of the better animators from Sheridan likely work abroad as most Canadian studios make low quality trash because Canadian broadcasters need to air something Canadian. It's a fucking disappointment really that I can work to get a bachelor's degree in animation at a highly regarded Canadian college, but unless I want to work on garbage I have to leave the country. When will Canada have a golden age of animation, anons?
>>
>>84953602
>most Canadian studios make low quality trash because American production companies need cheap labour.

ftfy
>>
>>84952535
Stop copy pasting, calarts student!
>>
File: Clampett-1.jpg (251KB, 1476x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Clampett-1.jpg
251KB, 1476x1080px
>>84951396
Blame Korea, blame Korea.
It seems that everything went wrong, once Korea came along.
Blame Korea, blame Korea, they're not even a real country anyway.
>>84951484
Americans do care about animation and it's designs, see this.
>>
>>84951396
>Tweened shit

/co/ doesn't know wtf that word means. It's not the same as interpolated frames which is probably what you mean you fucking moron.
>>
>>84955325
This

Tweening is just the poses in between your key frames. You can draw them, or have a computer do them, which is interpolation. People also call interpolation key framing too. Key frames are just the main poses in an action. Like someone standing, then sitting, the actual movement going from standing to sitting are the tweens.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.