[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JSA Storytime: JLI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 49

Good evening owls of /co/,

we Parisian now
>>
>Jim Lee acknowledging the hypercrisis >>84924983

what a time to be alive
>>
>>84940501
quiet night?
>>
>>84940501
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/758672342708948992

So you guys are getting this right?
>>
>>84940501

man this run alone has homaged that cover a ton
>>
>>84940501
Peej has seen better days

>>84940616
even the trade has a nicely designed cover! day 1 purchase
>>
>>84940606
ho shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>>84940616
I've had it on order for like 6 months already
>>
>>84940616
eventually yeah but I've got other stuff I'm paranoid will go out of print first that I have to prioritize
>>
>>84940616
>Mega Man Fan Shan @jeyshan26 9h9 hours ago

>@TomKingTK I hope Kyle's time here is still canon for #DCRebirth and #HalJordanandtheGreenLanternCorps.

>Robert Venditti
>It is.

huh. I figured they'd forget Omega Men existed the second it was done
>>
>>84940616
I can't get it soon enough
>>
>>84940673
dammit, dog

brb
>>
>>84940673

if captain atom is actually working for the us government i feel like this is murky
>>
>>84940501
Hello Storyteller.

Suicide Squad Rebirth preview just dropped. Obama is kinda scary looking.

The inclusion of Harley and Croc does nothing for me, but at least we've got a good number of the classic Squadies on board.
>>
>>84940687
Venditti said Kyle isn't really in the book right now cause they're gonna do soemthing with him

Having PTSD hopefully
And Omega Men selling well enough in trades makes me hope for a sequel by King, like Midnighter got
>>
https://twitter.com/koto_official/status/758764040550178816

guess who got a statue?
>>
>>84940840
oh that looks nice

I wish their Sinestro statue looked better
>>
>>84940840
>DC COMICS CAPTAIN COLD NEW52 ARTFX+

>Details:
>Highly detailed sculpt includes two different arm pieces, allowing for display with either his cold gun or ice-covered arms.
>Leonard Snart wears his hooded blue and white vest and cold weather goggles, stepping straight from the pages of DC Comics!
>Display alone or alongside other Kotobukiya ARTFX+ statues like The Flash!
>>
>>84940718
He'd forged some significant independence by this time, but don't expect Bates/Weisman-quality characterization out of this Nate

>>84940840
100% husbando
>>
>>84940840
Dammit, why am I poor?
>>
>>84940616

I've got the whole series collected in single issues, and the first four of them signed by King, and I will be day one buying this regardless.

I really just want to do all I can to get DC's attention and encourage them to sponsor unexpected stuff like this more.
>>
>>84940840

I go more for figures that I can pose, but that's sexy as fuck.
>>
X-anon is ending things apparently :(
>>84938933
>>
That new Titans 2 cover tho

i like bleedingcool's implication the watchmen stuff was just johns trolling
>>
>>84940993
I think he just means he's changing the numbering
>>
>>84940993
I salute your endurance, X-Anon!

Also, that Longshot story is FUCKING BATSHIT
>>
>>84941006
he seems to have shat on arrow with some comment about Ollie/Dinah so he probably doesnt give a fuck
>>
>>84941033
Geoff is the president now, he doesn't have to pretend to give a fuck about shitty things any more
>>
>>84941026

I'm ready for stupid young Wally and PG flirting.

PRIME UNCUT NOCENTI
>>
>>84941026
Man I loved the era of GIANT CUFFS
>>
File: Cj8lyhuWkAACUMM.jpg large.jpg (39KB, 716x243px) Image search: [Google]
Cj8lyhuWkAACUMM.jpg large.jpg
39KB, 716x243px
>>84941033
Here's that quote, it was couched in a comic interview though

I still say the whole Rebirth one-shot was him shitting on upper management in general, I get the feeling he was as mad at the reboot as any of us
>>
>>84941071
Geoff is someone I'd totally have beers with

Also: King, Orlando, Zirch, Simone, Andreyko

(i got a bit more editing to do but I'm gonna hit second deadline, woooo)
>>
>>84941071

I'm slightly worried for the writers on Legends who have the task of writing Stargirl. You just know he's going put out a hit order on them if they fuck that up the way they did the Hawks in season 1.
>>
>>84941026
... Wally, shut up. I will never understand why people like this guy so much. Really, this is what you people went APESHIT over? Yeah, okay, whatever.
>>
>>84941134

I wouldn't be surprised, it sounds like he had a lot of things planned in regards to his Flash run before the rug got pulled out from under Flashpoint.

That being said, the DC was in some pretty dire fucking straits immediately preceding the reboot, so I can't blame them for wanting to do something different.
>>
>>84941136
>Geoff is someone I'd totally have beers with
>you will never share a drink with Geoff while you talk about fucking Kanto and other favorite D-listers for 12 hours
>>
>>84941136
previous page: JMD you scamp, those are some quality lit jokes

>>84941134
remember when we read Brightest Day? That was not the work of a man heading into a reboot.

>>84941139
"Have the Rolling Stones killed."

>>84941161
Early Wally and post-Waid Wally are very, very different animals, cranky.
>>
>>84941071
>>84941136

I'm picturing him spending hours at shareholders meetings or whatever rambling about like the Fatal Five and how they're the perfect villains for today
>>
>>84941184
the closest I've ever come to anything like that was getting hammered at a reception and singing something back to its composer

he was delighted
>>
>>84941134
>I still say the whole Rebirth one-shot was him shitting on upper management in general, I get the feeling he was as mad at the reboot as any of us
his GL run is proof of that as far as I'm concerned, he ignored the reboot as hard as he could for the first 12 issues or so
>>
>>84941161

Wally gets a lot better as he gains more experience as the Flash. Sort of like how he's a complete dick to Kyle in the early parts of Morrison's JLA because he's still unsure himself about his role taking on Barry's legacy and his place on the team.
>>
>>84941188

and people love character growth

i still don't like brightest day but yeah, johns got screwed and has been machiavelling his way back to the top. just took 5 years
>>
>>84940896
So far JLI Captain Atom's characterization has been "guy who is not used to all this superhero shit and feels out of place" which I'm ok with, it's much better than the Government Stooge or Bargain Bin Dr. Manhattan.
>>
>>84941188
>Remember when we read Brightest Day?
I remember it being very meh. I liked Aquaman and Deadman's storylines though. The bit where Arthur and Manta meet again was good. You could feel the mutual hatred radiating off the page.

>Early Wally and post-Waid Wally are very, very different animals, cranky.
Which one is the Young Justice cartoon version based on? Because that's the one that needs to die in a fire and never come back.
>>
>>84941253
I'll take Johns over Berganza's BRING OUT THE BODY BAGS and FIVE STAGES OF GRIEF teasers, fuck.

>>84941277
The Manhattan stuff makes me actively mad, now.
>>
>>84941232
>Sort of like how he's a complete dick to Kyle in the early parts of Morrison's JLA
to be fair, Kyle deserved it
>>
>>84941161
Wally had honest-to-god character development, a rarity in superhero comics.
>>
>>84941318
YJ is....shit, I'm not even sure, but I didn't like it at all either.

>that Trek joke
>>
>>84941370
>not in the USSR
ha!
>>
>>84941228
He pretty much ignored it for the entirety of the rest of his run. Not that he specifically contradicted stuff, I guess, but he didn't really do anything to assume there were new readers.

I could really tell Morrison and Johns were bummed from their writing in both Batman Inc and Green Lantern. But they both ended on a great high note and then they went to work fixing shit.

At the same time Johns' Aquaman was stellar, and JL has a high probability of being ghost written, IMO. It didn't feel very Johns at all until Forever Evil.
>>
>>84941370

i saw the new trek last night, real good.
>>
>>84941352
Yeah, it's hard to overstate how much Wally lucked out and got a few writers who actively kept and grew what they inherited from earlier ones (even if Waid did fuck the Rogues over and Johns brought them back bigtime). It's a remarkable run through from COIE to Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>84941224
Yeah, this seems more in line with the likable everyman Nate from his ongoing.

>>84941370
>YJ is....shit, I'm not even sure, but I didn't like it at all either.
I wanted to like it, but almost all the characters were either bland or godawful annoying.
>>
>>84940610
>>84940610
OP is a late faggot
>>
>>84941412
I might recruit my BIL to go see Skwad
>>
>>84941423
I like eating dinner! Food is delicious!
>>
>>84941418
> were either bland or godawful annoying
I just wanted everyone to go away and have Captain Marvel take over the show. YJ Billy was great
>>
>>84941451

I don't think I've gone to a movie with someone else in like a year.
>>
>>84941401
>He pretty much ignored it for the entirety of the rest of his run. Not that he specifically contradicted stuff, I guess, but he didn't really do anything to assume there were new readers.
well I'm like 99% certain he had to re-write the First Lantern stuff, and he'd teased an arc involving Alan Scott just before Flashpoint that he obviously had to scrap, but yeah I suppose he ignored it as well as he could for the rest of his run

I agree about JL, Throne of Atlantis just felt like an extension of his Aquaman run but I can't figure out why the first two arcs feel SO off
>>
>>84941412

i think waid just didn't use the rogues because he wanted to avoid barry comparisons
>>
>>84941479
hah, holy shit, the Chamber of Commerce is endorsing Clinton????

>>84941505
I saw Deadpool with my BIL, and the last movie I saw in a theatre before that was Frost/Nixon.

>>84941538
it wasn't just that, he Underworld Unleashed them
>>
>>84941506

Alan reminds me iirc Johns had a lot of Legion stuff seeded, Alan in Black Witches throne

>>84941583

fuck you're right. I always forget it bc it was an event and not flash comics
>>
>>84941505
I saw Zootopia with somebody when it was out, that's the most recent time I've gone to the movies with somebody else in like two years

I saw Star Trek Beyond by myself and I will probably see Skwad alone too
>>
>Do we know many Sheriff of Babylon issues will there be @TomKingTK ? 12?

>We're aiming for 60.

Hopefully Batman will help him reach his goal
>>
>>84941370
I think YJ just sort of did their own take on Wally, there was an emphasis on him being into science which I don't remember ever characterizing him before.
>>
>>84941493
Billy was pretty great, yeah. Ironically, I wanted this to be a League show after a few episodes, because they were actually cool characters.

On the other hand, YJ was my introduction to Her Majesty Queen Mera, so... yeah.
>>
>>84941663
I think they wanted an excuse to change his origin story to something he actively had a hand in instead of "gets the same super powers as Barry in the exact same manner thanks to sheer luck"
>>
>>84941630
IIRC Waid has said "first event, kind of messy", but still

That Robinson Alan stuff was so weird

Hey, speaking of JL, bets on who this is:

https://twitter.com/JosephPIllidge/status/758312222015782912

Because honestly? Most JL of the past decade has *sucked*.

>>84941635
I'll go with my BIL because it's a brew'n'view and I can get stupidly drunk that way
>>
>>84941506
I maintain that the first arc in particular was some kind of committee written pitch for a JL movie, involving Johns, Lee, Harras and Didio at the very least. It just feels so manufactured. It was clearly written well before the rest of the New 52 stuff and then the reboot was centered around it.

But that's speculation.

>>84941583
>Chamber of Commerce is endorsing Clinton
wot day fock

>>84941505
Maybe I'm projecting but I feel most of us might be "goes to the movies alone" kinds of folks, and some of us may be "goes to the movies alone and gets hammered at the theater bar" kinds of folks.
>>
>>84941726

fuck them that origin rocks
>>
>>84941538
The Rouges were mostly written off by WML though. They just decided that "the game" wasn't the same without Barry so they all went off. There's a fantastic issue where they throw Captain Cold a party for getting out of jail ( his Suicide Squad mission release) and Wally get's invited

Gorilla Grodd was the big Barry villain that stuck around

I think WML and Waid did the right thing, except for Underworld Unleashed. I don't like the Johns stuff
>>
>>84940616
When are they going on sale? I want to get it at my LCS if possible.
>>
>>84941732
>I maintain that the first arc in particular was some kind of committee written pitch for a JL movie, involving Johns, Lee, Harras and Didio at the very least. It just feels so manufactured. It was clearly written well before the rest of the New 52 stuff and then the reboot was centered around it.
>But that's speculation.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was basically written by committee, with a lot of Jim Lee interjections

does that explain the Graves arc too though? that was a weird one as well
>>
>>84941752

the funniest thing is how now Barry has a ton of Wally villains cause of the show
>>
>>84941505
I literally only go to the movies when someone else is paying, I don't really value the experience enough to justify it when I can wait a few months and rent for $1.50 or whatever the cost is.
>>
>>84941731
>Because honestly? Most JL of the past decade has *sucked*.

Johns had some good bits to his run. Genuinely loved Forever Evil and Amazo Virus is a really good Trinity story, if not a JL story.
>>
>>84941732
>Maybe I'm projecting but I feel most of us might be "goes to the movies alone" kinds of folks, and some of us may be "goes to the movies alone and gets hammered at the theater bar" kinds of folks.

I would totally be the latter if there were any theaters around here that served beer. I'd have to drive a couple hours out to get to one like that.
>>
>>84941858
I was kind of de facto excluding Johns because there's no fucking way he's writing something for Illidge's startup publisher
>>
>>84941817
I saw Beyond before noon and it was like five dollars

I'm never going to an evening showing again
>>
>>84941858
>Amazo Virus is a really good Trinity story
I really hope the dynamic between Diana and Lex sticks around. She'd be crushed if he turned heel again.
>>
>>84941893

Oh okay I misread your post.
>>
>>84941893
Bryan Hitch? They used his art for the tweet...
>>
>>84941731
He's talking about Meltzer. His run wasn't good at all but he's "critically acclaimed".
>>
>>84941927

>Plugging in critically-acclaimed #JusticeLeague writer (REDACTED) for the (REDACTED) miniseries for @lionforge

I mean, 'critically-acclaimed' and 'Justice League' don't line up that much unless you're casting a very wide net and will include, like, Meltzer in that, at which I would lol

>>84941943
:) (this posted while I was writing)
>>
>>84941858
I really enjoyed Throne of Atlantis and Forever Evil (the FE JL tie in issues were great, especially) and Amazo Virus was pretty good

overall his JL didn't have enough Justice League in it though, there was a little bit of paired off interaction and a LOT of trinity shit but it never really felt like a team book

also I'm still extremely butthurt that they removed Hal for like 30 issues and now he's gone again
>>
>>84941784
I really have no clue what was going on with that arc, it doesn't feel like Johns and it doesn't feel like a movie pitch. That arc gives me a lot of Lee vibes somehow, just a feeling though.

>>84941888
AMCs around here have bars in them called "MacGuffin's". I don't know why it's so prevalent where I live but seemingly nowhere else.
>>
>>84941971
I don't think I hate myself/everyone here enough to run Meltzer JLA
>>
>>84942018
I liked the Hal/Dinah/Roy interaction in Meltzer JLA

everything else was pretty bad though
>>
>>84942018
>>
>>84942018
I'm doing it after I'm done with my current storytime
>>
>>84942078
you sick fuck!

:D
>>
>>84942018
>missing the Lasso
Oh, so this is during Perez's run.

Heh, the hell of it is, these days, Diana seems to have lost her Lasso again, and replaced it with a sword and shield. Ugh.

>I don't think I hate myself/everyone here enough to run Meltzer JLA
Isn't Meltzer the guy who wrote Identity Crisis?
>>
>>84942132
>Isn't Meltzer the guy who wrote Identity Crisis?
yes

he did short JLA and Green Arrow runs too
>>
>>84941370
My problem with YJ is that it never really convinced me that their team was a good idea. You can go serious with kid heroes but for whatever reason it didn't work for me.
>>
>>84942171
the GA stuff is mmmmmokay, the JLA is awful
>>
>>84940708

Man, Catherine was after Nate's superpositional cock right away.
>>
>>84942116
>I wonder if the Lords of Chaos had anything to do with this...
Man what was with Post-COIE DC and its boner for the Lords of Order and Chaos? That shit fucked up Amethyst big time.
>>
>>84942232

I'm currently watching through Batman the Brave and the Bold with my little brother and there's a Dr. Fate episode that deals with them.

He agreed that it was a silly idea and it's a good thing DC phased them out later on.
>>
>>84942184
Yeah the covert Op team made of teens was a dumb idea that The League seemed to accept way to easily
>>
>>84942212
A lot of people on this board bitch about comics being much worse than they were 5 years ago, but I'd take current Marvel and DC over the entirety of post-Identity Crisis/Avengers Disassembled any day of the week.
>>
>>84942224
good taste

and dat ass
>>
>>84941370
I hate the atomullet
>>
>>84942171
>>84942212
I see. Identity Crisis was just a long stretch of dullness with occasional spikes of offensive bullshit. It's like a heart monitor of crap.

>>84942224
To be fair, so is most of the people in JSA Storytime.
>>
>>84940993
Pretty sure he's just finishing "Vol. 3" and moving on to whatever he's calling "Vol.4."
>>
>>84942232
Well to be fair JM DeMatteis was writing Doctor Fate at this point
>>
>>84942317
>To be fair, so is most of the people in JSA Storytime.

We have a long, long list of husbandos discovered from these threads.
>>
>>84942293
UNF UNF UNF

https://twitter.com/bcunningham71/status/758831002659631105

WE HAVE AN EDITOR WHO WANTS TO DO L.E.G.I.O.N.
>>
>>84942426

What else is Cunningham overseeing with DC right now?
>>
>>84942426
god bless
>>
>>84942347
I once tried to go all the way back to the beginning, when we actually read the JSA and see how many husbandos and waifus we had.

I decided not to bother when the images weren't there.
>>
>>84942232
>That shit fucked up Amethyst big time.
It wasn't just that forced nonsense that ruined OG Amethyst. It was the sudden GRIMDARK that got injected into the book. Like, Amethyst was already fairly gritty and serious, bu then characters started dying left and right, Amy herself went full on bitch mode, and tragedies started happening that were way more funny than tragic.

They killed the dog for fuck sake! THE EDGE!
>>
>>84942426
Please for the love of god
>>
>>84942441
He's a JL group editor, I think

He was the group editor for Omega Men and I think he co-edited some issues
>>
>>84942426
Holy shit, they remembered Nate can change back.
>>
>>84941136
Godless one party state, how is Dmitri this perfect?
>>
>>84942486
>>84942441

i had bad associations with that name for some reason
>>
>>84941161
He had organic character development, Anon. It was great.

This is early, total slut Wally, who joined the Justice League for rent money because he squandered lottery winnings and hadn't been hired by the IRS yet.
>>
>>84942534
>>
>>84942560

I'm so mad we never had all these great commie heroes hanging out together. (Gates, Dmitri, Kilowog sometimes)
>>
>>84942464
That's a long fucking list that would only serve to showcase how much of a bunch of pathetic lonely nerds we are.

>>84942560
Because he's a Soviet character who's actually a character and not a Cold War strawman.
>>
>>84941224
Shouldn't Nate be a touch more comfortable being leader after being Superfield Marshall during Invasion?
>>
>>84942639
I know I've turned a bunch of anons on to the hotness of the JSA's older men

I feel only pride no shame
>>
>>84942725

I'm definitely one of them. Dammit.
>>
>>84942738
my work here is only beginning
>>
>>84942725
>I know I've turned a bunch of anons on to the hotness of the JSA's older men
Honestly, you may be responsible for a lot of things on /co/. I blame you for the sudden rampant fanbase of Baron Zemo that was not terribly visible until we ran through Thunderbolts.

>>84942629
We haven't earned the glory of Gates joining the Rocket Red Brigade.
>>
>>84941370
>YJ is....shit,

JSA, Since I started in on these threads at the butt end of LOSH, I have grown to respect your tastes immensely. This makes me feel that my reactionary rejection of YJ for being completely unlike the comics is wholly justified.
>>
people are spitting fire convention-ally

>Dude whipping out pocket Constitution
>Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Introduces himself as Michael Jordan. Says it doesn’t matter, bc Trump can’t tell the difference btwn the two of them
>>
>>84942822
>Honestly, you may be responsible for a lot of things on /co/. I blame you for the sudden rampant fanbase of Baron Zemo that was not terribly visible until we ran through Thunderbolts.

A general appreciation for the Hawks too. I can't remember that being a thing before.
>>
>>84942822
JSAnon is a true master of sigil magic.
>>
>>84942858
damn, that's a sick burn

I'm gonna miss Crazy Uncle Joe

>>84942870
I am but a conduit of greater forces

Ralph's twitching nose is always great
>>
>>84941412
>got a few writers who actively kept and grew what they inherited from earlier ones

He also got three writers who put in really long, steady runs in BML, Waid and Johns., and Baron's wasn't bad either, though shorter than any of theirs.
>>
>>84942858

Please no, I'm following twitter right now and it's terrible enough.

Half my feed is conservative pundits and the other half is liberal musicians/comic writers/artists and I'm having a hell of a time telling what the fuck is going on now.
>>
>>84942952
Yeah, whatever was going on in Editorial, people got to camp and stay on that book, and there was even a nice approach of "don't toss out what came before but go for a contrasting tone"

>that sex joke
>>
>>84942861
True. Somehow, Storyteller got everyone to look past the Hawksnarl, and instead look at the brutal shirtless guy aspect.

>>84942870
She is, but the LOSH sigils have been a slow burn. Because sometimes, the universe just says no.
>>
>>84941505
I used to go to movies alone, but now I need to drive an hour and a half to get to a theater, so I tend to go with my sister.
>>
>>84941583
>I saw Deadpool with my BIL,

I saw it with my mom. Don't think I would have done that if I'd known going in there was pegging.
>>
>>84943023
>>
>>84943000
Follow Kurt Busiek. He's randomly going in about hippo-themed supervillains now.
>>
>>84943045

>LOSH sigils have been a slow burn

praying it just means the pay off will be better.
>>
>>84943023
>"don't toss out what came before but go for a contrasting tone"
Why doesn't that happen more often?
>>
>>84943023
Well Post Crisis or even Legends they gave everyone time to reestablish everything. That's why JLI has the cast it does, editorial didn't want Superman, Wonder Woman, or other major characters to be pulled between them

Great editors like Karen Berger or Mike Gold
>>
>>84941663
Well, in New Teen Titans (and pre-Crisis Kid Flash backups) he was going to university for a BSc, because being Barry was his life goal.
>>
>>84942928
EM will always be just a discount Plas.

HEY SUE HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE STARS RECENTLY
>tfw checking Google to make sure I'm phrasing that reference correctly and the page in question is the first result of an image search for "Sue Dibny"
>>
>>84943045
>She is, but the LOSH sigils have been a slow burn. Because sometimes, the universe just says no.

Didn't one of the Legionaries appear in Rebirth?
>>
>>84943132
Because people want to make more of a splash.

Also, fandom has a hair-trigger, judging by all the people I've found on Twitter who are all "I'm dropping Batgirl because the first arc doesn't have Alysia in it/why aren't they writing Frankie Charles as Babs' BFF and they got her nickname wrong"
>>
>>84943132
Because most people writing for the Big Two are more interested in telling THEIR stories, rather than the characters' stories.
>>
>>84943185

Saturn Girl, arguably Best Legionnaire. Looking for Superman.
>>
>>84943185
Yeah, it was clearly Imra
>>
>>84941752
>Gorilla Grodd was the big Barry villain that stuck around

Also Abra Kadabra. And Piper and Trickster showed up a fair amount as non-villains.
>>
>>84943184
>>EM will always be just a discount Plas.
But he doesn't act like Plas at all?
>>
>>84943310

Abra is Wally's arch nemesis and I will fight you
>>
File: 1464161119707.jpg (926KB, 1392x2140px) Image search: [Google]
1464161119707.jpg
926KB, 1392x2140px
>>84943185
Johns dropped a hint in the special, yes. It's probably Imra. Though, he said that this is still a ways off, like after we're done with Dr. Manhattan's bullshit.

There's a chance they might show up in the Supergirl TV show as well. Which, being the Supergirl TV show is.... considerably less exciting.
>>
>>84943304
>>84943315
EM is a great case of how personality and genre niche can distinguish two power-set similar characters
>>
>>84943310
I love Pied Piper as the champion of the poor and downtrodden
>>
>>84941971
Guy in the green shirt in the second panel is why cons need those Cosplay is Not Consent posters.
>>
>>84943359

I need some good story with Ralph, I mentioned watching through Brave and the Bold with my brother, and he's convinced that Plastic Man is awesome and doesn't understand why Elongated Man exists.
>>
>>84942078
I hope you get some alone time with Doctor Light, you monster.
>>
>>84943209
>>84943255
When did comic book writers become such gloryhounds? Piggybacking gloryhounds at that.

>>84943279
>arguably
Anon, pls.
>>
>>84943477

they're all best legionnaire
>>
>>84943359
>>
>>84943489
Peej, that is 100% unfair to the German treatment of the Nazi past
>>
>>84943437
Your bro knows what's up
>>
>>84943437
Oh, your brother's one of those, eh? Look, just explain to him that they're much different characters despite having the same powers. Ralph is a private detective, O'Brien is an ex-con. If your brother isn't a total moron, he'll understand why it's not a problem.

The myth of character redundancy is such a huge crock.
>>
>>84943485
Even Niedrich?
>>
>>84943516
that fucking mustache
>>
>>84943516
I've heard there's been a rise in nationalism in Germany lately though. Maybe not so unfair.
>>
>>84942624
>I'm starting to sound like something out of a comic book

Given the meta element of Nate's solo book, this joke is extra good.
>>
>>84943624
No, it's still unfair. It's complicated in post-unification because of particular myths the GDR held onto, but you really cannot fault Germany in the education system and official policy on presenting Nazism.
>>
>>84943477
>When did comic book writers become such gloryhounds?

They want to get an audience so they can leave and survive off independent work. Think about the big Marvel writers 5 years ago and where most of them are now. It's an easier route than just working your way up the independent scene
>>
>>84943516
>Power Girl being a bitch
Nothing to see here.

>>84943594
See, Neidrich's redemption would've been a fine idea, but I maintain that it came much too easy. Unlike Andromeda, Earth-Man did legitimately awful things, like turning Earth into a xenophobic hellhole. I can't really offer any suggestions as to how to pull this idea off better, but I just feel it wasn't quite earned. At the very least we should've been spared the awkwardness of Tasmia craving his dick. Ugh.
>>
>>84942809
Speaking of Meltzer being awful, look at this. Sue, hanging out at Justice League Headquarters. Happy. Unraped.
>>
>>84943765
fuck Identity Crisis
>>
>>84943623
>>84943712
>that costume
This Rising Sun dude is totally a White Mage.

>>84943765
Why you gotta make me sad, anon?
>>
>>84943810
Ooh, that reminds me I'm playing that FF phone game
>>
I think I remember this Rising Sun guy from COIE. Gave me some serious Sunfire vibes.
>>
>>84943883
That's because there's a shitload of Rising Sun Japanese characters.
>>
>>84943184
>EM will always be just a discount Plas.

Except for all the stuff that's different, like the Nick and Nora stuff with Sue, and his long friendship with Barry that doesn't seem to be thing anymore.
>>
>>84943337
Well, yeah. Even DC agrees with that.

But he started out as Barry's villain.
Then he became Wally's Eobard.
>>
>>84943841
>>
>>84942426
beautiful
>>
>>84943921
I'm confused, is this Rising Sun from the beginning of Claremont's X-Men run or is this a different Rising Sun?
>>
>>84944003
Wally, why are you blonde?
>>
>>84944028
colorist fuck up, probably thought they were coloring Buddy
>>
>>84943841
There's a Final Fantasy phone game?

Is it based on 15, AKA [BISHIE PANDERING INTENSIFIES]?
>>
>>84944023
That's my point, a lot of Japanese superheroes have a "rising sun" theme.
>>
>>84944054
I honestly thought I was done caring about FF, then I saw the trailer for Roadtrip With My Bros: The JRPG
>>
>>84944054
it's very like FF6 sprite era actually
>>
>>84943516
Power Girl, do not lecture a Russian on the Great Patriotic War.

His [male relative] drank [human body fluid] and ate [type of vermin or clothing material] at Stalingrad!
>>
>>84943732
>>Power Girl being a bitch
>Nothing to see here.

JLE Peej is as bitchy as she ever got.
>>
>>84944115
Dumping Metamorpho's supporting cast was a mistake.
>>
>L.E.G.I.O.N. tweet liked by King

let's go ahead and pretend it's happening
>>
File: ENb67GV.jpg (492KB, 1200x1876px) Image search: [Google]
ENb67GV.jpg
492KB, 1200x1876px
>>
>>84943921
It's almost like nationally themed superheroes tend to accrete around the same tropes.
>>
>>84944115
Is it the ATB game? Or Dimensions or whatever it's called? Something like that.

I don't keep up with the new-fangled phone games, as long as I get my Dragon Quest games.
>>
>>84944173
I want to believe but I don't want my heart broken
>>
>>84944115
>it's very like FF6 sprite era actually
Ah.

>>84944090
Right? It actually looks pretty interesting aside from the Gundam levels of fangirl baiting.
>>
>>84944090
oh my gosh, I kind of want it

when is that new upgraded PS4 shit out???
>>
>>84944173

I wanna start hype (for LOSH too) but Booth doing the Wally v Abra fight I've been wanting for years has taken some of the wind outta my sails.

Johns gonna do Zoom/Kadabra War feat. Legions of Superheroes across multiple medias and make it ok tho
>>
>>84944240
>when is that new upgraded PS4 shit out???
speaking of PS4 shit I just found out that my PSN account that got hacked a month or so ago is irreparably fucked. thanks sony
>>
>>84944159
Killing Simon Stagg on CW Flash was too.
>>
>>84944218
it's FFBE

it's basic but cute
>>
>>84941161
This is WML Wally, he's still in New York, lives with his Ma and is mildly sexist.

He gets a lot better once he moves back to Central/Keystone and settles down with Linda.
>>
>>84944343

There's a metaphor in there.
>>
>>84944274
this page is amazing
>>
>>84944240
>when is that new upgraded PS4 shit out???
No word yet. The fact that it exists was a leak Sony wasn't prepared for, they'll probably announce it at Gamescom in August
>>
>>84944343
>lives with his Ma
She lives with him, there's a difference.

I hate his Mom so much
>>
>>84943841
I'm still annoyed that the Matrix Software FF remakes are phone exclusive. I wanted to play 6 on my DS, with the opera scene fully voiced!
>>
>>84944385
Good character interaction counts for a lot.

>>84944240
>oh my gosh, I kind of want it
It really is a fuckin' road trip movie done up as Final Fantasy game. It's so surreal, but kinda awesome.
>>
>>84944385
HOOT HOOT MOTHERFUCKERS

thanks for reading, back tomorrow

>>84944431
my household is behind the times and almost ready to get a media machine to hook to the older TV, soooo
>>
>>84944213
Yeah, but you'd think someone'd notice and decide to make like, a Super Yuki Onna or something.
>>
>>84944474
I have so many complicated feelings about the opera scene, lol

(no one involved had any idea what 'aria di mezzo caratere' meant, I can tell you that)
>>
>>84941232
Isn't that kind of a tradition for all the Flashes except maybe Jay and Alan?

To bicker, argue, and become buddies that still argue because it's amusing to the readers?

Or am I thinking of Hawkman and Green Arrow? Or Green Arrow and Hal?

Besides Bruce and Clark, how many Superheroes are just buddies that team up and fight crime?
>>
>>84944466
Wally's parents were so wonderfully terrible.
>>
>>84944466
Mary ruined Wally's fine run of making Jerry McGee a cuckold.
>>
>>84944567

Nah, Wally and Kyle sniping at each other was a departure from the norm. Barry/Hal and Jay/Alan were longtime bros.

i think you're thinking of Green Arrow and everyone
>>
>>84944535
Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

I should've seen this twist coming. Mind control kinda gave it away.
>>
>>84944224
>>84944240
https://youtu.be/IVrnS26mnCA?t=1m9s

Can't wait for the bromance
>>
>>84944567
Nah, Hal and Barry have always been BFFs4lyfe
>>
>>84944567
>Besides Bruce and Clark, how many Superheroes are just buddies that team up and fight crime?
Blue Beetle and Booster Gold is the first one I think of.

Good storytime as usual OP. This run of Justice League is probably the best one I've read.
>>
>>84944588
I love the look on her face when after all her shit talking she realized that Tina got her a birthday cake calling her Mom instead of Mrs. West
>>
>>84944682

Beast and Wonder Man! The OG version of Blue and Gold, only Blue and Red I guess
>>
>>84944535
G'night, OP.

Also consider a Fire TV or Chromecast, at least for the short term. But do not get a Fire TV Stick, it's a piece of crap.
>>
>>84944535
>HOOT HOOT MOTHERFUCKERS

Finally, we end on your own DC Avatar, Owl Woman.

>>84944567
>how many Superheroes are just buddies that team up and fight crime?

DC Only? Or would Power Man and Iron Fist count?

Also- Blue and Gold, Fire and Ice,
>>
>>84941412
To be fair, both Waid and Johns basically cut their teeth on Wally. Only Morrison was a real known star writer out of Wally's entire writer besides Waid's return.

He was a perfect vessel for them to refine their writing (Johns also had JSA, admittedly) as much as he was lucky to end up with such good writers.
>>
>>84944706
>tfw nobody writing remembers the Beast and Simon bromance

We've had three different Uncanny Avengers books, there's no reason to not have Beast on them to bullshit a way to get his bro out of Rogue.
>>
>>84942317
>I see. Identity Crisis was just a long stretch of dullness with occasional spikes of offensive bullshit. It's like a heart monitor of crap.
The bits about how Sue and Ralph love each other were great, Funeral was pretty heartwrenching and the mystery was kind of interesting.

Fight with Slade, what Silver Age Justice League did to Batman and the reveal of the killer were all awful though.
>>
>>84944535
Thanks again OP
>>
>>84942639
He's a Soviet who doesn't want to be a Soviet.
He picks up American mannerism, talks about moving his family out of the USSR. Dislikes the name Rocket Red.
>>
>>84942952
A lot of that was the run being successful enough and people not wanting it to end. Snyder had a similarly long run on Batman (not counting he was writing multiple Batman stories throughout sometimes) which is comparable to Johns. Waid's only seems so long because he took two shots at it. His first run was only 67. Johns' whole run was only 61. About 10ish issues more than Snyder's Batman.

If a run is popular people they're more likely to stick. I mean Waid eventually left for the same reason most successful runs end -- to get on bigger named things like Justice League.
>>
>>84944711
My household is super-fucking-lazy/slow adopter, so that's what I'm working on--we don't have anything Blu-ray yet, FFS. TV streaming is a very low priority, but I've got something I'd like to stream to the TV now.
>>
>>84945008
Any run that's over five years is pretty goddamn long.
>>
>>84945297
Waid's first run was almost exactly five years!

It was a solidly long run, but hardly insane.
>>
>>84944158
She was WAAAY meaner in the All Stars Comics.

This version is a bit long suffering and kind of a grouch. All Star Comics Powergirl was a fucking rattlesnake.
>>
>>84941318
>Which one is the Young Justice cartoon version based on?

This and New Teen Titans which is the worst of both worlds for Wally.

Weissmann really didn't like him much.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.