[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 30

File: harley.png (4MB, 1367x3071px) Image search: [Google]
harley.png
4MB, 1367x3071px
Defend this.
>>
Character development. Harley is no longer trapped by Joker in an abusive relationship. the clown getup is a symbol of this, which is why it's gone now.
>>
File: 1468691203804.jpg (27KB, 296x385px) Image search: [Google]
1468691203804.jpg
27KB, 296x385px
>>84926441
I c-cant.
>>
>>84926441
I like both desu
>>
I thought Harleyfags don't want her with Joker.
>>
>>84926481
If she isn't associating with Joker or Ivy she just isn't as interesting. Without the Joker involved in some way, she becomes a shallow, wacky retard character. Ivy at least provides lesbian undertones and usually those stories aren't completely detached from Joker.
>>
Why does Tara Strong still voice Harley when Hynden Walch did a way better job in Assault on Arkham?
>>
>>84926441

Is that bottom right drawing by Chris Burnham? When did he draw Harley?
>>
>>84926481
I don't mind her breaking away from the Joker, because honestly otherwise she's a really shallow character.

What I don't like is saying "We're going to pull her away from him being almost her whole character" and then having him throw her in a vat to turn Harleen Quinzel into "The Joker, but with bangin DDs", and having her character just be "lol so randumb" crazy whore with a hammer.
>>
File: DIG008827_1._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg (157KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
DIG008827_1._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg
157KB, 640x984px
>>84926592
Cover only.
>>
>>84926553

Because Tara Strong would have a mental breakdown and commit suicide if you took "her character" from her.
>>
>>84926553
Yeah Walch is the best Haley that isn't Sorken.
>>
>>84926441
Why do I need to defend it? Pic related is correct.
>>
>>84926655
I thought she was still riding the "WE LOVE YOU TARA'S TITS" fanboy wave from The Forbidden Program.
>>
>>84926651
Woah, she cut Batman's legs?
>>
>>84926811
When you have a hammer...
>>
>>84926655
Didn't know she was that much of a cunt about "her apparent intellectual property." I say they fire her just to piss her off
>>
>>84926794
Why she doesn't ride me?
>>
>>84926474

That's only an explanation.

You were asked to defend it. Explain why this is a positive change for the character in a practical sense, setting aside narrative reasoning ("If she's independent her life will be better.").

How does this make Harley into a better character?
>>
>>84926655
>"her character"
End this meme.

>>84926903
She's not. Stop listening to bait. She just loves the characters she voices. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>84926651

The haft of that hammer looks like it's made of a piece of rebar. Looks uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>84927043

Hi Tara.
>>
>>84926971
>How does this make Harley into a better character?
Use your brain cells. If she's no longer just a henchman, she can now be her own character. That's already an upgrade in itself.
>>
File: 1469333198451.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469333198451.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
>>84927078
Sup, virgin.
>>
File: harleyfw.jpg (14KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
harleyfw.jpg
14KB, 300x309px
>>84927081
>If she's no longer just a henchman, she can now be her own character.

>The character's best story is Mad Love, which is about her and her relationship to the Joker
>>
>>84927081
>henchmen can't be characters
>>
>>84927078
Hi Hitler
>>
File: harley.png (421KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
harley.png
421KB, 640x480px
>>84926553
It's not fair!
>>
Is any of Harley's solo stuff actually good?

I think the only time I've ever read ANYTHING with her in it is Mad Love, which is great.

She was always a fun character on BTAS but I can't really picture her as a lead.
>>
File: Tetra wink.gif (263KB, 250x162px) Image search: [Google]
Tetra wink.gif
263KB, 250x162px
>>84926441
>Defend this
It's a chart that some biased child created to start an argument and/or vent their immaturity.
>>
Why is she still called Harley Quinn even though nothing about her motif represents a harlequin anymore?
>>
Why isn't Arleen Sorkin still voicing Harley? Mark Hamill's still voicing the Joker.
>>
>>84926794
Man fuck those horsefags, Tara Strong did none of that stuff pre-Small Equines.
>>
>>84927206
There's nothing mature about NuHarley
>>
>>84927104

Reminds me of when one mom in your neighborhood would go all out for Halloween and dress up to hand out candy.
>>
>>84927110
Mad Love was a part of her character's history. It was significant, but that time has passed. Deal with that or kill yourself.

>>84927113
They are side characters at best with no real focus of their own.
>>
>>84927242
She retired and gave her blessing to Tara Strong

I forget how recent that motion comic of Mad Love was but that was the last time she voiced the character I think
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 459x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 459x249px
>>84927110
>Mad Love
WRONG
>>
>>84927251
Bitch I'm so mature, I had a bowl of nails for breakfast.
>>
>>84927081

>"If Sam had split away from Frodo he could've been an actual character instead of just being a squire."
>>
>>84927312
Nice strawman.
>>
>>84926553
They got Tara for Arkham City onwards for whatever reason, and the Arkham games were Harley's biggest exposure to normies. She's probably chummy with a lot of Warner Bros. people by now, too.

>>84927163
>She was always a fun character on BTAS but I can't really picture her as a lead.
She really isn't cut out to be a leading character. She is defined by her relationship to the Joker. Take that away and she's really shallow.

>>84927215
Pigtails and checkered clothing are enough now.

>>84927242
Arleen may have retired from the role. Regardless of the circumstances, her voice has aged a lot. In Arkham Asylum she gave a halfway decent performance, and she sounded pretty horrible in DCUO.

>>84927287
>that motion comic of Mad Love
???
>>
File: image.jpg (501KB, 650x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501KB, 650x699px
>>84927163
She has literally become Deadpool from the Messiah/T-Bone era.

Which is an amazing series, but its a radical departure from what she was before.

Longtime Harleyfags are massively arsepained as are those who want super cereal comics. But overall? Its okay. 7/10, with moments that hit 8.
>>
>>84927333

I prefer to think of it as a tangential deduction of opinions.

If splitting away from a character that treats you like shit and steals the spotlight is the way to becoming a better character, it's reasonable to make this assumption about other duos.

Perhaps not speaking in generalities would make your argument a little stronger.
>>
>>84927104
I think she pulled that off decently.
>>
>>84927435
Shame she can't give a good performance as Harley. It's like the worst combination of Toot, Timmy Turner, Dil Pickles, and a shitty accent that she could muster. Every line sounds forced and horrible. How anyone could like her in the role is beyond me.
>>
>>84927399
You're the only one putting things in generalities here. We're specifically talking about Harley and Joker here, not every duo that ever existed. Also notice how I said "henchman" and not "hobbit life partner" or what have you. You're clearly reaching in order to attempt to kill my argument, which you have failed in doing.
>>
>>84926655
Holy shit, like David Hayter?

I'D LOVE TO SEE THAT, THEN WATCH THEM FUCK EACH-OTHER SENSELESS
>>
>>84927291
Name a Harley-centric story better than Mad Love.

YOU CAN'T!
>>
>>84927081
> be her own character
> robins everywhere frown sourly
>>
>>84927104
She looks like a cam whore who does cosplay.
>>
The trouble with Harley is that one of her biggest traits is her affiliation with the Joker.

She's at her strongest as a character in design, personality, motivation, but at the end of the day, most people want her to break out of her abusive relationship with the Joker.

At this point, you really only have three options if you want to distance her from the Joker:
1: Have her spend more time with Ivy, but this doesn't entirely separate her from the Joker, and she'll eventually go back to him. This keeps her strength as a character intact, but the audience ends up inevitably disappointed when she does go back.
2: Have her make a full recovery. While this ultimately retains her strength as a character, it renders her largely unusable, because unless she relapses and goes back to her, there really isn't much to do with what is effectively an ordinary citizen.
3: Clumsily lop out her relationship with the Joker, yet still keep her "crazy", and therefore usable. This destroys a lot of her motivation and character, and in an effort to distance her design from her "Joker Days", her design also suffers. She basically turns into a joke character, a Deadpool with tits.

Harley Quinn may be a strong, complex character in her own right, but by design, she can't really be removed from the Joker.

I just wish Hot Topic and shit would stop glamorizing Joker and Harley's relationship
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 657x1022px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 657x1022px
>>84927567
Gotham City Sirens 4-6.
>>
>>84927790

At talking funny and never actually committing to getting the tits out and you got it!
>>
>>84927567
OH MY GOD it's your favorite story so that means your opinion is the the only one that counts!

oh wait, no
>>
>>84926441
>not dressed

since when is this a bad thing? all the others same like valid complaints, but the costume change complaint has always seemed like a bit of a nitpick to me. Like, whys it okay for Spidey and Iron Man to have 20 billion costume changes but god forbid Harley isn't always wearing the Batman Animated series costume. She's hotter with less clothes anyways so you'd have to be a fag to be complaining about lack of clothes.
>>
File: harleys2.jpg (771KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
harleys2.jpg
771KB, 1080x809px
>>84927870
It's not even my favorite story. Harley just doesn't have many about her.

>>84927873
>the costume change complaint has always seemed like a bit of a nitpick to me
>god forbid Harley isn't always wearing the Batman Animated series costume

For me it's less "the costume isn't the same!" and more that instead of being a jester, she's some sort of leather-clad dominatrix/biker/stripper thing. Throw in a checkered red and black(or blue) pattern to the clothes and give her pig-tails (usually also colored), maybe some white face paint, and then that's most of her other costumes. Her BTAS costume at least resembles a harlequin.
>>
>>84927553

It doesn't take much to kill your argument. You provided no examples of Harley being a better character since leaving the joker, and I'm sure if you had, you'd have neglected to provide any reasoning as to how your examples displayed positive change.

With nothing else to go on, I could only address your central argument, which seems to be that if a character doesn't work for/with another anymore they're better.
>>
>>84926903
its weird shes only like it for this one character
>>
>>84927081
>If she's no longer just a henchman, she can now be her own character. That's already an upgrade in itself.

No, it isn't. This line of reasoning makes as much sense as saying that Alfred abandoning Batman would be an upgrade in itself. In both cases the character is written as a satellite character from the start and simply has no legs to stand on otherwise.
>>
>>84928131
Didn't she get all bent out of shape when they did a recast for NuPPG?
>>
>>84928042
I'm not going to write a dissertation just to appease your autistic attitude toward a fictional character, Anonymous. But it's another matter to shoot down an obvious strawman, which I have already done to you.

She's a better character now because she has more room to do new things without being tied down by the Joker. Whether or not there are good stories about that right now is subjective. But the fact is that she has more freedom now to move about on her own steam. That's my whole point.
>>
>>84928185
See, you're doing the same thing Hobbit guy did. We're not talking about Alfred here. Alfred's the Butler. Alfred is an old man. Alfred doesn't have any room to grow solo. Harley does.
>>
I don't really like Harley as a character, and it always struck me as weird when she's implanted in everything because of her popularity. Does she even have any powers or skills besides being CUH-RAAAZY? As far as I know she was just a normal psychiatrist before she got brainfucked by Joker. Did he teach her kung fu when she was his henchman?
>>
>>84927206
That's like when people where creating images making fun of mlp. Calling the people making fun of mlp immature, for making fun of a fucking children's pony cartoon that adults where enfatuated with. I don't know if this is irony or hypocrisy.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1049x1375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1049x1375px
>>84928021
Just because its the only one you know doesn't make it "the best".

Its the one everyone starts with, but Harley has been in quite a few stories that are great.
>>
>>84928319
Sam would work independant of Frodo.

Just saying. Gets a bit of wanderlust after his kids grow up, gets the old mithril from the Took residence, and goes for an adventure.
>>
>>84927110
>the story that made harley into an idiot who slept her way through med school
>good
>>
>>84928021
I feel like there's only so many ways to alter or modernize that type of look, though. It's a very specific type of costume.
>>
>>84928252

Okay! Now we're getting somewhere. See how you got through that without a "dissertation?"

Now, I gotta agree. A character having the freedom to do what they want is positive change.

Now, given that her character was created for the explicit purpose of serving the joker; removing her from him more or less neutralizes her only motivation or drive.

How will she be free to do new things, if she has no reason to do so?
>>
>>84927081
Why not just create new female characters that capture whatever you like about Harley without all the baggage of being defined by being The Joker's Girlfriend?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 207x244px
>>84927310
Yah, so?
>>
>>84928495

Hundreds of characters in the DC universe wear spandex onesies, that look near identical to their classic costumes.

Why does she have to put on a whole new look instead of just giving her the armor-plating spandex panel-lines treatment and preserving the spirit of the original costume?
>>
>>84928021
I think the important thing to take away here is that all the ones there that aren't the harlequin outfit are complete shit
>>
>>84927333
Nice dejected resulpatory.
>>
>>84928571
I also had a delicious glass of milk to go with it.
>>
>>84926441
Nice facebook meme
>>
>>84927279
>Mad Love was a part of her character's history. It was significant, but that time has passed. Deal with that or kill yourself.
That's a fucking extreme reaction over opinions on fictional character. That said, I think if a story is "significant" not just for its in-universe revelations but for its well-done execution and just overall being an objectively great piece of art, such as Mad Love was recognized, then yeah, it's ALWAYS relevant to that character. And you can't honestly tell me any of the nu52 origins for Harley affected you the way that seeing or reading Mad Love the first time did.
>>
Wait, judging by this thread, the majority of Harleyfags (or Harley-hags, whichever) don't even LIKE Mad Love? That's just fucking baffling to me. I assumed that her fans liked her because of her pathos, how you gonna turn on the story that GAVE HER that pathos? And WHY, other than "because it contradicts my headcanon/nu52-comics-that're-basically-fanfic about her being a brilliant psychiatrist who totally isn't co-dependent"
>>
>>84926651
And? The other version of Harley did it too. She's more competent than she appears and can be surprising.

Of course, she can also fumble things or make stupid mistakes, but both Batman and the Joker do that too. The BTAS Joker even got rocked back on his heels once by a middle class office worker who he pushed too far.

The "disguise myself as a party clown" caper was also small beer for him too. I mean, it wasn't the bottom of the barrel or anything, but it wasn't his best showing either.

In terms of Style and/or Scale the Christmas show and the whole little dog and pony show with bombs and Ace was really up there. Although one of those isn't actually just a Gotham thing. The fact that he was orchestrating and producing it is impressive though, even given his record of being surprisingly punchy out of his home turf.
>>
>>84928185
I can see Alfred working without Batman, even if it would be a completely different character.
I mean, he has SAS/spy background. There's gotta be something worth writing a book about.
>>
>>84928591
I meant, like, the original jester costume was literal jester costume. TAS Harley's look was not original, jesters existed before Harley was created. what I meant was, its difficult to modernize a jester look without making it look exactly the same as a standard jester costume. You kinda HAVE to add new twists to it otherwise it'd look the exactly the same. same way Batman has had different looks throughout the years but ultimately always looks like a bat. there's only so many ways to modernize a grown dude in a bat costume, but you can add new and different tactical add ons and armor and stuff. you can't really add those types of things to a jester costume without making it look stupid or like how Injustice Flash looks essentially the same as regular Flash except with armor plating which looks retarded.
>>
>>84927553
No, that's like saying history literally doesn't matter because it isn't right now. You can dodge the evidence but henchman can be good characters, and even have comics about them without being shallow. Ditching a characters hook for their borrowed personality is a shallow attempt at creating a compelling character.
>>
>>84928453
Its kind of depressing that is absolutly the comics only flaw but its such a colosal fuckup it still makes it a bad comic from only 3 panels
>>
>>84927365
>>84927163
>>She was always a fun character on BTAS but I can't really picture her as a lead.
>She really isn't cut out to be a leading character. She is defined by her relationship to the Joker. Take that away and she's really shallow.
There's a very telling bit in the DVD commentary for Harlequinade where Paul Dini talks about this episode worked because Harley had Batman as a straightman, and how she really only works when she has another strong personality to bounce off, like Joker or Poison Ivy, but that he never thought she'd work as a solo character because "in her own comics, they'd probably go off having her be the straight-woman to her own wackier relatives and friends." I thought that was hilariously on-point considering it came out like a decade before this comic.
>>
>>84927368
Does Conner's Harley have any character flaws as the cost of being "lolariously" insane tho? Because at least Deadpool had The Box.
>>
>>84927110
The only time she was ever really just a henchman or moll was like, the first story they were initially intending to just use her once for. They just kind of ran with her and she has been a character of her own ever since. Not always the most important, but a definite recurring character, not a henchman. Henchmen are a dime a dozen in Gotham and in the greater DC universe .She's not just some mook.

>>84928329
She either taught herself afterwords or she took it for self defense/exercise as one might expect from a progressive, modern woman. Then she got insanely serious afterwords to be useful to the Joker, and thereafter obsessively spent her time training.

If you are talking about a version that knows kung-fu, and not one that just totes around guns or leverages "I am fucking crazy and have no regard for my personal safety" with blunt objects like mallets, and/or explosives/dangerous gadgets. This allows her to be actually fairly dangerous because a lunatic with a large mallet really can smash your head in and is considered a credible threat by the cops, but also well within the range of "oh, it's Harley again, I guess I'll just effortlessly stiff arm/backhand her. Again". To Batman. And when you look at the Arkham games that's what happens. She's really not that dangerous to you in a fight.

The mooks can take beatings, and some of them are pretty slick with blades, and the assassins are well, fucking ninja bitches with katanas and stuff. You actually have to work at it a bit.

Harley jobs like a chump after doing acrobatic, but ineffectual flips at you.
>>
>>84928453
You do know that's her origin story before the Nu52 right?
>>
At least she's not a swedish african demigender transcontinental furry
>>
File: Char_harlequin.png (393KB, 824x832px) Image search: [Google]
Char_harlequin.png
393KB, 824x832px
>>84928881

I won't say you're wrong. But if such minute add-ons help preserve Batman without getting stale, why can't they work for Harley?

Maybe don't put on tactical plating or pouches, but some bigger gloves? maybe some boots or a belt? Or like a hip-holster?

I think the beauty of Harley's costume is its simplicity. She's literally just wearing a bodysuit and a collar. You can tack any number of clown-y bells and whistles to make the suit look modern, while still invoking the spirit of the original.

If you add a different texture to the body suit or even change up the pattern to something like this pic here, I think you'd wind up with something that invokes the spirit of the original, while still making a new design that appears functional and striking.
>>
>>84929156
And its the one part of her new 52 thats an improvment
>>
>>84927873
I honestly think the fullbody costume was way hotter. It was like seeing her nude without seeing anything. Now they are practically trying to make her an objectively sexually character rather then just sexually suggestive. But I honestly just don't care for Hatley in her own comic, so that's just me.
>>
Easy, the one on the right is a shitty overrated character, just like the one on the left.
>>
>>84926441
>Defend this.
At least it's not as bad as anything Marvel has done in terms of changing characters in the last three years.
>>
>>84928021
Honestly, if batman decided to start wearing shorts and a wife beater with a bat symbol on it, these hardly fans would get why clothing and personality are important to each other. A slut costume creates a slut persona, and that's not harley. She's sexy, not a sex symbol.
>>
>>84926441

Why would I? I only like Harley as a battered housewife.

When she's being an "independent woman", she's "Harleen Quinzel" not Harley Quinn.
>>
>>84926441
>abusive relationship
>deliberately using a pic from decades before the VA even voiced Harley to make her look better while using the most unflattering picture you can find of the new VA
>true
>not true
>true
You're at 2/5.
>>
File: 1452152795321.gif (92KB, 451x416px) Image search: [Google]
1452152795321.gif
92KB, 451x416px
>>84926441
>Picture of ears bleeding next to Tara Strong
>Dressed as a clown
>Not dressed
Top-tier shade
>>
>that one guy on /co/ who has a grudge against Tara for voicing Harley
>>
>>84929218
Well, the classic Commedia dell'arte character costuming is variable and permits creativity, and so does the Harlequin or "Arlecchino" does too.

The main requirements are "tight fighting and colorful". At some point I think it was mostly jacket and pants, but then I think all the characters wore cariactures of normal dress at that point. Also our version is a comic character, and normal dress for comic characters is pretty much gonna be the a leotard or jumpsuit.

Also classic for her, even if his themed henchmen frequently just use face paint or cheapass clown masks, if they wear anything.
>>
>>84926441
It's all true.
>>
File: Concept-Art-Harley-Earth.jpg (1MB, 1229x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Concept-Art-Harley-Earth.jpg
1MB, 1229x2000px
>>84928495
>there's only so many ways to alter or modernize that type of look
I don't think anyone had a problem with her jester costume to begin with. It's also like 25 years old. Not that most capeshit characters just become "outdated," see Spider-Man.

That said, it's not hard to give her a new costume and not fuck with the jester motif. S&M nurse Harley just set a precedent, and we keep getting leather and corsets. Injustice Harley's default costume isn't terrible, keeping in mind it's a fighting game.

>Although skimpy, it doesn't lose the jester element. Checkered colors, diamond patterns, frills, those hanging triangular bits with the bells, the height of the shoes & the "pointed tips."
>Harley still has white face paint, the mask on the concept art is drawn on, while the in-game model just has it.
>Costume also ties into her link to the Joker/playing cards with the diamond patterns, the card around her neck, and the green streak in her hair
>While I generally don't like the pigtails in place of the hat, I think this look is one of the better versions of it.

>>84928818
>judging by this thread, the majority of Harleyfags (or Harley-hags, whichever) don't even LIKE Mad Love?
That's like one Anon
>>
File: jokerfw.jpg (18KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
jokerfw.jpg
18KB, 510x430px
>>84928932
>its such a colosal fuckup it still makes it a bad comic from only 3 panels
Are you autistic?
>>
File: 1466924608913.jpg (312KB, 838x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1466924608913.jpg
312KB, 838x1024px
>>84929669
The fuck are you speaking, boy? That some kinda satanic fag shit?
>>
>>84928508
I think the biggest problem is that BTAS clearly signaled that if she were to give up on the Joker, it would be to settle down and live an ordinary life. Since that would be boring, the nuHarley comics are all about trying to have their cake and eat it too - this, I think, even more than an autistic desire to "streamline origins" is why she was given the acid bath treatment in 52, so she's perma-clowned even if she decides to strike out on her own from the Joker. So she's just trying to live an ordinary life, maybe even work as a therapist, but also she still looks and behaves like fucking clownshoes because lol acid bath, and also also she can't just live an ordinary life because crazy things just keep happening to her "euugh why cant ppl lv me alone >_< XD" So that gives her a persecution complex that appeals to certain demographics.

Really, Harley Quinn's solo books bug me for the same reason Nightwing's do, or at least used to - if you want the character to strike out on their own, good luck with that, but retaining all the obvious influences the Batman/Joker had on them while still acting as though they're somehow fully autonomous characters is shooting yourself in one foot. It's why I loved DickBats, because it was getting Dick Grayson back to the core dynamic (duo), in a way that let him grow but still acknowledged Bruce's influence. And, frankly, Grayson went over so well, I think most people would probably buy a straight-up psychological drama book about Harleen Quinzel trying to rebuild her life without all the Hot Topic trappings, but then that book wouldn't double as advertisement for Harley Quinn vinyl dolls, snowglobes, lunchboxes, beer coozies...
>>
File: harleyinanutshell.jpg (1MB, 565x3227px) Image search: [Google]
harleyinanutshell.jpg
1MB, 565x3227px
>>84929907
Pretty much all this. A large reason I hate her new origin, along with the OP thing that it basically gives her an excuse to be a retard and makes her annoyingly similar to Joker.
>>
>>84928319
>Alfred doesn't have any room to grow solo. Harley does.

Neither you, nor, for that matter, actual comics have offered any proof of that. Harley's solo adventures either constantly looped back to her relationship with Joker (even if Joker was not physically present), as did Gotham City Sirens, or sucked all that is dick due to having to replace actual Harley with Deadpool, except with tits, withoout any hiddent depth and unfunny.
>>
>>84930007
>Harley landing a hit on Batman
No.
>>
>>84926903
>>84926655
I kind of wonder what made the Anti-Tara meme so prevalent
>>
>>84929509
>if batman decided to start wearing shorts and a wife beater with a bat symbol on it, these hardly fans would get why clothing and personality are important to each other
>if batman decided to start wearing shorts and a wife beater with a bat symbol on it
>batman wearing shorts and a wife beater
>with a bat symbol on it
Uh... THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AMAZING.
>>
>>84930196
Likely a combination of
>Revulsion at her attention-whoring
>Hatred of a certain show
>Hearing her too much
>Her shitty Harley voice
>>
>>84926441
>not muh
>>
>>84926811
Because of the shit perspective, it looks like his legs are stumps, but they're just bent towards his back really tightly.

Upon further inspection, Batman also has ropes running through his crotch, the artist has some bondage fetish desu
>>
>>84929509
Superman did almost exactly that for a while and people loved it.
>>
>>84930197
Yeah if they made a dumb alternate universe like this I would read everything set there.
>Arkham County
>Gotham Trailerpark
>Batmotruck
>Sheriff Gordon
Fuck.
Yes.
>>
File: 1469669206488.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469669206488.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>84928652
>>
>>84930084
Remember when the Harley Quinn comic book had an actual Deadpool expy show up just to proclaim Harley as his waifu?
>>
>>84926441
I won't. As much as I hated the old Harley, nuHarley is objectively worse.
>>
File: ricky hash coins.jpg (60KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
ricky hash coins.jpg
60KB, 720x477px
>>84930361
>Mike Clattenburg's Batman
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKIN' HASH COINS
>>
>>84926441
>nu-52 Harley fell down a vat of acid too

no.
stop.
Why.
Why is this shit selling so much.
Why.
She is just female joker that is a anti-hero now.
stop.
why.
>>
>>84930566
Not even an anti hero any more
The way I see it is good guy HQ is like /mlp/, it gives the most retarded of the retards somewhere to go so they can stay the fuckaway from the rest of us but not go to another comic company(or chan in /mlp/'s case)
>>
File: 1416694144563.png (394KB, 718x681px) Image search: [Google]
1416694144563.png
394KB, 718x681px
>>84930566
>Arkham games exposed Harley to a huge amount of normies
>Social outcast girls eat her shit up and buy the latest merch at Hot Topic
>She's since been whitewashed so she's become less of a cautionary tale and more of a positive role model, and can act as a wacky hero/Deadpool-esque character for entry-level female comic readers
>>
>>84930007
>A large reason I hate her new origin, along with the OP thing that it basically gives her an excuse to be a retard and makes her annoyingly similar to Joker.
I think that last bit is especially on point - Harley kinda embodies the more... what he would call "puckish" qualities the Joker has abandoned over the years, as exemplified here:
>>84927813
Because, whether you like it or not, she was created as a comic relief foil for the Joker, who is HIMSELF a self-styled comedian. In BTAS, this translated into her actually being funnier than him without trying so hard, which made it clearer why he treated her like shit despite her loyalty - she made him insecure in his own forte. In the comics, that translated to him strapping her to a rocket and jettisoning her out of his life in first fuckin' appearance - which is something that I think needs mentioning: comics Harley is always treated by everyone as though they're all familiar with her tenure as the Joker's sidekick, because the readers are familiar from the DCAU, but in-universe, virtually every year of her existence is her "striking out on her own". It'd actually be MORE of a shake-up than a restoration of the status quo if the comics' Harley got back together with Mister J and made it work for a few years. If nothing else, it might help Joker rediscover that sense of "pop crime" panache that /co/ often bitches about him losing.
>>
>>84928252
Then why are you here, if you plan to just leave your shit argument in the desk and expect people to let it stink the room you are sourly mistaken
>>
File: Jason Todd writeup.png (571KB, 1544x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Todd writeup.png
571KB, 1544x1086px
>>84930797
The sad thing is she's not even the only example of this marketing trend in the Bat-family.
>Under the Hood/Arkham Knight exposes Jason Todd to a huge amount of normies
>Social outcast fuckbois eat his shit up and buy the latest merch at Hot Topic
>He's since been whitewashed so he's become less of a cautionary tale more of a positive role model, and can act as a badass antihero/Punisher-esque character for entry-level edgelord comic readers
>>
Who gives a shit? They're just comics bro.
>>
File: sharetemp.jpg (709KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
sharetemp.jpg
709KB, 1920x2951px
>>84927567
Wasn't so hard
>>
>>84930717
People like this guy here >>84928252 who use autism as an insult to deny to themselves they in fact are autistic.
>>
>>84928530
Ah, the ol WW, Supes conundrum
>>
>>84930965
>Basically everything about Harley in college
>Good, much less better than an actual quality story
>>
>>84928652
You weenie
>>
File: 1467678250903.gif (990KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467678250903.gif
990KB, 480x360px
>>84930961
Anyone who need ask this ever shouldnt be here
Either get the fuck back to /tv/ or get to readcomiconline.to and get with the shutting up while boning up
>>
>>84930965
Forced drama is forced. I cringe so hard when I see people try to act like this is the definitive version of her origin story "no she was secretly a brilliant biochemist and psychiatrist all alo-"FUCK YOUUUUUUUU
>>
>>84931138
It gave better context to Mad Love, it also gave a better background to Harleen
>>
>>84931333
>it also gave a better background to Harleen
Mad Love's page about her in college is more than enough. Her comic made everything a little more stupid.
>>
>>84931223
How the fuck is anything with her first boyfriend and a experiment went wrong forced?. It actually explain why Joker could manipulate so easily Harleen and why Harleen had an obsession for the Joker
>>
>>84926441
....I don't even get the Taylor Swift joke, all bitching aside. Is is considered somehow UNUSUAL to recount a song in your head? Do earworm songs only work on crazy people?
>>
>>84931392
Nah. It didn't explain why Harleen had an obsession for the Joker
>>
>>84931414
>It actually explain why Joker could manipulate so easily Harleen and why Harleen had an obsession for the Joker
>>84931483
>It didn't explain why Harleen had an obsession for the Joker
Those are what makes that story fucking stupid. Tying her to the Joker before her internship is forced and shitty.
>>
>>84931520
Nah, man, nah
>>
>>84928021
I wish Flapper Harley appeared in the comics.
>>
>>84931589
Well you're stupid and fuck you.

Mad Love makes a point to reveal that Harley's intentions are to breeze through school with minimal effort, then write a tell-all book or something of the like by exploiting the famous criminals in Arkham. She is, in turn, exploited and manipulated by the Joker into sympathizing and falling in love with him.

Having it be some sort of pre-determined shit and pre-existing obsession is just stupid. Kesel's run is okay otherwise.
>>
>>84931828
But that's the thing, that Harley issue doesn't invalidate all of that, it just explain why she chooses Joker in the first place
>>
>>84929462
Defend, not justify
>>
>>84931909
But it does contradict it. Mad Love has Joker annoy her at first, then rekindle her interest by offering to share his "secrets." And yes, it's not the same continuity, but the way Mad Love sets it up is several times better.
>>
>>84931828
>Well you're stupid and fuck you.
Responses like this are what keeps me coming back to this board. Top fucking keks right there, mate.
>>
>>84929907
Money can make things great and ruin them, this is an example of both happening
>>
>>84931958
I dont think I could, I don't like her as a hero, Suicide Squad is different, barely even anti heroing so thats okay. But she works as a better villain. I wouldn't t mind if she struck out on her own and started arching Nightwing or another batkid while simultaneously competing with Joker just because grudge matches and shits and giggles, her getting over him is fine but goddamnit she doesnt work as a straight up hero. Thre is no Anti about her any more.
>>
>>84929907
Good point anon, this is a huge part of the reality of the situation. you didn't have to call anyone a retard or a faggot either.
>>
File: 1465813582533.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465813582533.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>84932206
>Didn't have to call anyone a retard or a faggot
>WELCOMES2FORCHAN.jpeg
Here is your customary two litre bottle of piss and crack pipe! Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>84926441
No. Shit on the right is terrible.
>>
File: deedee.gif (128KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
deedee.gif
128KB, 600x460px
Harley's granddaughters>>>Harley

>There are two
>They're younger (Dini says Harley is ~27)
>Not crazy
>Don't constantly job to Batman
>Voices are cute but not annoying
>Nice hats
>Refer to the both of themselves singularly
>>
>>84932585
You missed
>They are related to Poison Ivy
>>
>>84930196
I notice her every show she's in. It's as bad as same face in comics. I'm more mad at directors hiring her and not having her change her voice range around.
>>
Could someone recommend me some Harley reading that isn't the 52 crap? Already have Mad Love
>>
>>84928404
what is this from?
>>
>>84926441
Both versions of the character broke Joker out of Arkham.
>>
>>84927272
I wish I had a mum like that in my neighborhood.
>>
>>84932933
There was a revision to NuHarley's origin that makes that stuff a bit different. Regardless, NuHarley wasn't a costumed freak pre-chemicals, whereas classic Harley took it upon herself to become one.
>>
>>84930197
I guess I didn't realize how appealing this was. Regardless my point is still there
>>
>>84932894
Harley Quinn first ongoing (2000 - 2004)
Harley & Ivy
Gotham City Sirens (up to issue #12)
Batman: Harley Quinn
Convergence: Harley Quinn
>>
File: harleybubbles.gif (40KB, 280x450px) Image search: [Google]
harleybubbles.gif
40KB, 280x450px
>>84932839
>I'm familiar enough with her different voices to recognize her in everything and that's her fault somehow
Does Jennifer Hale catch this much shit on /v/ or /co/? Because she's shown way less vocal range in a career just as long.

I like them both but goddamn, it's like anons need to be angry about something 24/7 or you'll die.
>>
>>84926553
Because nobody can resist her (mocking voice) cute squeaky voice of her.

Ugh.

I'm not kidding when I say I had an easier time stomaching Tom Green's performance in Freddy Got Fingered than 5 minutes of the characters she's voiced.
>>
>>84932379
Wait, what are you talking about. I'm saying he made a good argument and didn't call anyone a retard or faggot because that's rare on 4chan. You fucking retarded faggot... step off your épéen high horse. K THANKS BYE
>>
>>84933437
That fanart managed to piss me off desu. It reminded me of how Tara basically claims ownership of the character despite being the worst Harley voice.
>>
>>84933437
I don't even hate her. I'm being serious, it's noticeable to someone who barely watches tv. And when I know other just as talented and definitely more talented. S's in more vocal range and accurate voices. It's just obviously she is a favorite and that's not necessarily good
>>
File: image.png (991KB, 933x747px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
991KB, 933x747px
>>84932906
Legends of the Dark Knight. "Dr. Quinn's Diagnosis".

Batman is chasing Joker and Harley, Harley stops to fight him and is holding her own because she's been Harley long enough to have gotten badass. She stops the fight, says Batman can haul her in if she can analyze him psychologically, with him not having to answer certain questions.

He was faking having a hard time beating her. The cops had the building surrounded, Joker was caught immediately.

Batman was trying to trick her into a confession. He tricks her into admitting she's not even crazy, being with Joker is like being drunk because it allows her to do anything to anyone and give no fucks, including murder. As long as Joker is happy with her, everything is a game and reality only crashes down when they are apart or he's mad at her.

Cops arrest her, Bullock gives Batman the stinkeye for getting a confession instead of him in police interrogation.
>>
>>84932585
Ya know, sometimes I can't help but feel like the designers for Harley's newer outfits took inspiration from these two.

Maybe that's just me though
>>
>>84926481
While I like her with Joker, I wouldn't mind her without him if it meant she was a sidekick/partner to someone else, like Ivy. She just doesn't make a very good solo character. She needs to be part of a duo.
>>
>>84933437
>it's like anons need to be angry about something 24/7 or you'll die.
I have a condition. Please be sensitive you retarded faggot.
>>
>>84927050
is she supposed to have some sort of super strength? that thing looks like it's near 70 kilos.
>>
>>84935657
Harley has Olympic tier strength and athletics apparently. Like female Eddie Brock.

She didn't just fuck for grades in college, she apparently did gymnastics.
>>
>>84926441
They wanna do a modern take on her character by making her a stronger and more stand alone character but fucked it up because that translated to her be a strong independent woman which means she loses her defining traits
>>
>>84928189
yup.
>>
>>84926441
Get ride of the randumb part of here and make her a sane woman who just acts crazy because she's freed herself from social boundaries and I'd be on board.
>>
>>84926553
>>84926655
>>84927132
>>84927365
>>84933502

So am i wrong for loving Harley's voice from Tara. She sounds sexy and funny.
>>
>>84930196
She's everywhere so she annoys hipsters. She's hot so she annoys wizards, and she's a grill so she annoys gators.

Plus this is an anonymous board, so purple can embellish and lie and nobody would notice. Over time the meme becomes reality (at least in people's minds) as people repeat hearsay.
>>
>>84933994
Damn, I gotta reread this, I liked it.
>>
>>84939589
Hipster and wizard I get, but what's a gator?
>>
>>84939589
No, she is a director favorite who gets prissy when she doesn't get her way, and is taking good voice roles from other talented female voice actresses, which if you knew anything about, is a bad foreshadowing to the future of female voice acting. Say goodbye to new voices, Tara is now every blonde or cute girl. If you can enjoy a tara ALL the time, that makes you the problem.
>>
>>84939589
You can get rid of the animal analogies and you have a compelling argument as to why she is a shit.
>>
>>84939589
If anything hipsters wouldn't care because batman is casual. Wizards provably care more about more ambiguous cape shit, and gators are killing a deer in the lake. Don't think they care.
>>
>>84933994
Most crazy people don't think they are.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.