[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1469679735689.webm (1MB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469679735689.webm
1MB, 640x720px
Thoughts?
>>
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
>>
>>84925753
It's not a reference to that specific anime, retard
You could have posted literally any magical girl transformation sequence and it still would have looked similar
Starting with the hands, then going to the feet, then the torso/hips
Americans don't care about anime by a large margin, chances are any references made are going to be to popular anime like Sailor Moon or more recently Evangelion and Naruto
>>
>>84925862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImUihjYZA0
Totally the same.
>>
>>84925906
Yes, it is extremely similar.
>>
>>84925753
top one has a nice boobie bounce. they are totally different
>>
They're both ripping off Sailor Moon.
>>
>>84925753
Laziness.

>>84925862
You're visually retarded.

Yes, transformations sequences have conventions, but that's not the same as doing the exact same sequence with a different character. As >>84925906 shows, the posing and compositions are very different when compared to Sailor Moon, and with a small amount of effort one could find that most magical girl transformations are at least animated on their own instead of ripping off another wholesale.
>>84926138
If we're going down that route then all magic girl anime is ripping off Sailor Moon to some degree. Which is true. But also irrelevant.

This isn't "ripping off a convention/idea/trope/ect." but straight up stealing animation to lessen workload. It would be fine if they're made their own transformation from scratch, no one would have a problem that, but they didn't.
>>
>>84928360

>If we're going down that route then all magic girl anime is ripping off Sailor Moon to some degree

Really? How does Sally the Witch rip off sailor moon?
>>
>>84928360
It's not laziness, it's an intentional homage.
>>
Yeah that works for Starfire.
Now give her a Super Form!
>>
>>84928360
Mad weeb upset that nobody else agrees with his "epic ripoff spotted"
>>
>>84925753
Wait, what's on the bottom?
>>
>>84928407
Alright, I should have said "most."

I would think it goes without saying anything before it didn't rip it off, but I guess I have to say that.
>>84928425
It's not. I know Americans like to hide behind "homage," but this is not a homage. This is using another person's animation to save time.
>>84928515
I don't even know what anime that is. I just don't like the shitty practices in comics and animation wherein wholesale plagiarism is not only commonplace, but defended.
>>
>>84925753
it's pretty stupid to have transformation scene in a superheroe movie
>>
>>84925862
This.

It's an amalgam of all transformation sequences like this.
>>
>>84928717
>It's not. I know Americans like to hide behind "homage," but this is not a homage. This is using another person's animation to save time.

So you're just making stuff up then, ok
>>
>>84928843
>shot for shot the same
>it's not from that anime
Did you watch the same webm?
>>84928860
No, I'm not. But hey, good job trying to deflect criticism about a shitty animation studio.

Homage involves doing work. it involves making reference to something in a respectful way - not using it as a base to slap your own character on top of to make your life easier and shorten animation times and costs. Which is what they did.

it's fairly obvious when you look at the last shot of Starfire's transformation. It's so completely different in animation quality and how it's composed that's it's jarring. It doesn't fit with the rest of the sequence, but it got shoved in there anyways because following the original all the way to the end wouldn't work for the character.

But hey, keep on with the "u mad" comments. Sure does shore up your non-existent argument.
>>
>>84929011
It looks like a clear homage to me. I don't see why you're denying this just to get mad.
>>
>>84925753
Yes, those both are generic magical girl transformations.
>>
>>84929011
Only the first three sequences are similar retard, not the fucking whole thing.
It's a fusion of all "Sailor Moon-eque transformations", period.
>>
>>84929011
>shot for shot the same
did we watch the same webm

I was going to assume you're being sincere but now you're being ridiculous
>>
>>84929273
>>84929443
>other people insulting me
>I'm mad
Never got this. It makes no sense, and isn't even a defense. More like an admission of defeat.

Here's some transformation sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eY73Uplauo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0i61quKqUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8ecSZlUqk

All of these are visually distinct. None of them would be even remotely confused with the OP anime. Which is the point. Despite having similiar conventions, they are distinct. Even when actually making homage, like here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXN8lpjdrhg
They are their own animations. OP's webm shows two animations that are the same.
>>84929523
The first three shots are the same. They are not different. The posing, composition, and tracking, are the same.
>>
>>84929581
the difference is those are some actually good anime shows and not some generic trash like in the OP
>>
>>84925753

incredibly dumb
>>
>>84929581
You have provided zero evidence that suggests it isn't an homage
>>
if you wanted a bait thread you could have a picked a better topic than two cartoons nobody gives a shit about
>>
>>84930036
This, desu.
>>
File: I have no geah but I must punch.gif (557KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
I have no geah but I must punch.gif
557KB, 480x270px
>>84925753
> Thoughts?

Punches are 1000% thunder
>>
>>84928360
>exact same sequence
Then where is Starfire's armor and headgear? Where is the anime girl's skirt? Oh, wait, maybe it's NOT the same, and you're an idiot.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.