[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Splat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: The_Splat.png (68KB, 878x768px) Image search: [Google]
The_Splat.png
68KB, 878x768px
So whats the logic behind The Splat's schedule? I used to make the nightly threads for The 90's Are All That when the block first started 5 years ago for reference if anyone remembers.

We've got Hey Arnold at 10 and 10:30. Okay, its popular, enjoyable by all ages, and is getting a new movie.

Then we have Rocket Power at 11 and 11:30. Okay... its not that popular, why give it two slots?

Then you have Doug from 12 to 2 am. Why? Why so much?

Next is Catdog from 2 to 3 am. Fuck Catdog.

Then the most popular Nicktoon before SpongeBob, Rugrats is stuck in the 3-4 am slot. Why?

Hey Arnold is back for the 4-5 am block.

Then it ends with Angry Beavers from 5-6 am.
Why are they repeating shows so much? Why is Rugrats stuck at such an ungodly hour? Why isn't there more 90s cartoons playing like Rocko?

I'd at least put Rugrats at the front with Hey Arnold.
>>
>>84921392
Also, why the fuck do they show Rugrats from the 2000s? Kimi can burn in hell.
>>
>>84921392
>Then you have Doug from 12 to 2 am. Why? Why so much?
Because no one is watching then
>>
>>84921499
But why are they putting shows like Rocket Power in the front or Angry Beavers in the rear where people are most likely to watch?

I don't understand why Rugrats is where it is on the block.
>>
>>84921392
what are you going on about? They change the schedule practically daily
>>
>>84921740
I just checked my guide and it's pretty much the same every night except the weekends.

Why would they favor Rocket Power over Rugrats? Is Rocket Power getting a revival or something?
>>
Why don't they just convert the Nicktoons channel to a full time 90s Nick channel? That's what it used to be when it first opened.
>>
>>84921392
Contrary to the belief here quite a few people loved some of those ( Rugrats was always considered top dog though Im guessing they just think some people who stay up or have weird schedules will be watching). My only guess for the repeat is they dont know what to put there or that is a extra slot for if they decide to air a tv movie.
>>
>>84922192
They run movies on the weekends. Last weekend was Rugrats Go Wild.
>>
>What's the logic behind the Spat's schedule

Capitalizing on "le 90's kidzz" nostalgia shit that actually comes from 00's kids instead of 90's kids
>>
>>84923659
What's your definition of '90s kids?

I'd say born between 85 and 95. Old enough to have memories of the 90s.

But also, is that really a fair thing to say? Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Angry Beavers, Wild Thornberries, Catdog, All That, SpongeBob, etc all survived into the early 2000s. Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Wild Thornberries, Catdog, and Rugrats ended in 2004.

And they were in reruns for a year or two after that. Other shows like Rocko were on Nicktoons Network constantly.
>>
>>84923772
90's kid is definitely until '94, unlike most of the people that I know that call themselves 90's kids but were born in '96 or '97.

And imo it is fair to say, even if the shows went on until the early 2000's the "better episodes" as most people would call out came from the 90's era and started that whole nostalgia fad that most of its fanbase is a part of even though a large percentage of them didn't even like at least 5 to 6 years in that decade or can barely remember it.

I'm not saying the shows are bad or anything, but I do hate the 90's culture for complaining about jackshit on the cartoons from the '00s and '10s and stating that they will never be as good as the cartoons from the '90s even if half of them couldn't tell you jack on how it was like to live in that era. Nickelodeon recognize this and are looking to get more viewings with this block, he'll even Cartoon Network brought back the Powerpuff Girls in some shape or form, and there's rumors or Ed Edd & Eddy and Johnny Bravo coming back
>>
>>84924141
*didnt even live
>>
Hey Arnold is the exception in that it was great the entire way through, even up until 2004.

Except for the movie.
>>
One thing I always find odd is whenever they air a movie, it's always Go Wild. I think they aired Go Wild about 20 times since they started the block last year, and the first two movies and the HA movie didn't air once.
>>
>>84927298
HA still airs on one of the Showtimes of all places
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 367x332px
I remember I was kind of excited for The Splat because I thought it was going to be a new channel or replace Nicktoons. And it ended up being 90s are all that with a different name
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.