[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly was the morale of this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: poster-42391-Megamind_7.jpg (47KB, 408x605px) Image search: [Google]
poster-42391-Megamind_7.jpg
47KB, 408x605px
So what exactly was the morale of this movie?
>>
Sometimes bad people are bad because of circumstance not nature.

I think?
>>
You can be who you want to be not what society tells you to be.

Society told Megamind to be a bad guy even though deep down he really tried hard to be a good guy. Society told Metroman he had to use his powers to help the city even though his dreams were to be a musician.
>>
I never really thought of a morale, but it's one of my favorite animated movies.
>>
>>84907762
White Knight are actually just huge jerks who wants to take advantage of women.
But seriously, a mix of >>84907821 and "It's not what powers/skills you have that determines if you are good or bad, but instead it's what you choose to do with them.
>>
>>84907821
>even though deep down he really tried hard to be a good guy

The movie literally opens with him trying to kill Metroman with a space laser
He had pretty bad intentions, he also liked being a villain for the attention people gave him
>>
>>84908014
No it doesn't, the movie opens with him as a kid trying really hard to win the kids over with his intelligence and inventions but they all viewed him as a loser who just caused trouble. So he embraced the troublemaker aspect because he thought that was the only thing he was good at. Him killing Metroman with a laser was much later in his life after this dynamic was established. And even he didn't expect it to work, his fights with Metro were always just big play fights and was shocked when he won. Hell, he was shocked when Metro said he was weakened.

>he also liked being a villain for the attention people gave him
Well yeah, he got no attention for trying to do good stuff and got no real love in his life aside from Minion. It's why he fell so hard for Roxanne, it was the first human person to like him for his personality.
>>
>>84908140

Pretty much this. He was a character with a shunned backstory that was later given another opportunity when his attempts at keeping the play fighting going went horribly, horribly wrong.

Heck, in the brief period of time when his evil reigned over all, he never went all out super evil. He mostly just took what he wanted and realized it wasn't fulfilling at all.
>>
>>84908014
But if you stayed to watch the movie, you'd learn that Megamind only did those lethal schemes because he knew Metroman would not die from them.

He was shocked when it "worked", and felt bad when Roxanne implied he was a psychopathic monster in the news.
>>
The presentation is the most important part about a super villain.
>>
>>84907762
Putting babies in jail messes them up when they're older
>>
>>84909982
its the distinction between a villain and a super villain
>>
This was a good movie.
>>
>>84910219
The most important lesson of the film. You can't just go around being a murderer and call yourself a supervillain, you have to have style.
>>
>>84907762
I forgot about this movie. I might watch it tonight.
>>
Best Dreamworks 3D film. Severely underrated.

Much better than the Incredibles.
>>
>>84910848
I'd agree with you if it wasn't for HTTYD
>>
>>84907762
im not sure it even had one
>>
>>84907972
>White Knight are actually just huge jerks who wants to take advantage of women.
This is true though.
They don't know it because they don't have the opportunity to but a lot of beta orbiters are really douchebags.
>>
Superman should stay dead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.