[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a good Flintstones series be made today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: -1.jpg (55KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
55KB, 600x359px
Could a good Flintstones series be made today?
>>
>>84906807
In comic form.
>>
yeah just make it like the current comic
>>
>>84906807
Staying true to the original sitcom format? Not really. It would be pretty boring. Just compare old Flintstones to early Simpsons and see how much writing has changed to accommodate for audiences. Even without the adult jokes, Simpsons was still much snappier with it's comedy. They'd have to really re-write some of the characters personalities and exaggerate them to make them funnier.
>>
>>84906807
part me wants to say "no. you moron, there hasn't been a good flintstones series yet. there's nothing remotely good about it, it should never have existed. fuck you and your gay hanna barbera nostalgia"
but then part of me... watched Mystery Inc. Possibly the most polished turd ever. So...... mmmmaaaybe? As some kind of really genuinely funny sitcom... perhaps? Still pretty hard to believe though. unless doug tennapel or scott adams wrote it, it'd be a nonstop bunch of knocks on creationists.
>>
GRAND DAD
>>
>>84909432
FLEEENTSTONES?!
>>
Probably not, Fox wanted Seth Macfarlane to make one but they canned it because he was dead set on keeping it as much like the original as possible. Fox wanted cavemen Family Guy.
>>
>>84909529
How did Fox get their hands on the rights to the Flintstones? isn't it a WB property?
>>
>>84909529
>Fox wanted Seth Macfarlane to make one but they canned it because he was dead set on keeping it as much like the original as possible.

Seth is a hack, so this is hard to believe.
>>
>>84909529
I thought it was supposed to replace The Simpsons and it was canned after they decided not to cancel it?
>>
>>84909833
>Seth is a hack, so this is hard to believe.
Seth is a huge fan of Flintstones. Hell he used to work at Hannah Barbera before he got big off Family Guy. He's mentioned multiple times how The Flintstones and The Simpsons are major influences for Family Guy
>>
>>84909833
He got his start on Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab, and Family Guy-beta (Larry & Steve) was also done there. It's not hard to believe he'd still have respect for those properties.
>>
>>84909833
Seth worked for CN for years and wrotte a very good Nonnhy Bravo, and is from the same generation of workers as Genndy and Craig at the time.

I think that he can accept when a classoc amd well know cartoon doesn't need to be edgy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.