[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were there any good storylines at all in Vol2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Batman_Vol_2_1.jpg (566KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Vol_2_1.jpg
566KB, 1280x1966px
Were there any good storylines at all in Vol2?
>>
>>84896681
CoO was pretty good, but has somehow ended up getting hugely overrated despite just being The Black Glove with ninjas. Secret City was pretty fun.
>>
>>84896728
CoO was ruined by the horde of Talon warriors. Should have been just a single highly-trained assassin.
>>
>>84896681
Zero year and Court of Owls were the best
>>
First half of Zero Year and Court of Owls

I wish there was an Owl family instead of horde of talons.
>>
>>84896782
>CoO was ruined by the horde of Talon warriors
I agree.
>>
>>84896728
CoO is mostly copied from Lapham's city of crime rather than Batman RIP.
>>
>>84897765
Is Zero year really worth a read?
>>
>>84898344
Cool, I didn't know that. Is City of Crime worth a read?
>>
>>84898427
Everything until the last arc is pretty good.
>>
>>84898536
Yep, it's one of the best Batman stories.
>>
>>84898615
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
I liked zero year at first but I stopped giving a shit towards the end
The Gordon story starts focusing on Bruce just as Gordon starts getting interesting
Both Joker stories are bad
Both eternal books are bad, the first of which I read in two night and the other I couldn't even read half because it was so shit

All in all I'd say go read Morrison or Dini or Alan Grant instead
>>
>>84896681
I enjoyed

CoO and Endgame

Whole run is pretty good and I usually reccomend it to be read as a whole. It lags a bit when Gordon is batman but it gets good again.
>>
>>84898427
/co/ really likes it, but I just got really bored and quit reading because of how absurdly decompressed it is.
>>
>>84898692
Eternal just drags on so much. It couldve been good with better pacing
>>
>>84898741
They should have cut all of the Batwing fluff.
>>
>>84898568
>>84898737
Alright, thanks. I might give it a shot later.
>>
I liked Endgame as well. But it has it;s bad parts like the first issue was shit and Snyder decided to turn entire Gotham upside down once again. Lack of characterisation for any character was present in it as well. But the Joker being candyman and Gordon-Joker encounter and Batman in the hospital parts were great and pacing was good too.
>>
>>84898915
>But the Joker being candyman
Except Snyder copping out on this was one of the worst parts of the story.
>>
Court of Owls: Great
Zero Year Part 1: Ok
Zero Year Part 2: Good
Endgame: Shit
Eternal: Starts out good but gets progressively worse as it drags on
Batman and Robin Eternal: Same as Eternal
>>
>>84899334
>Leaving out DOTF entirely
Exactly how it should be.
>>
I really liked Endgame, I think it's one of the best Joker stories out there, Joker stories shouldn't be on the scale of Endgame every time, but for this one, I think it worked. I also feel Snyder was able to make the Joker creepy without having him killing babies by murdering their mothers and letting them starve. These types of stories usually work better in elseworlds though, which is why I think Endgame's quality will diminish over time as more Joker stories are made.
>>
>>84896681
Death of the Family was spooky as hell in the first half and then it became leper diarrhea in the second. I don't even understand what the Joker's plan was, it was just fucking retarded.
>>
Might as well ask here. Anyone have that recommended Batman reading list pic?

I've read DRK, Doom that Came to Gotham and a few others, all highly regarded but I think I've never actually read 'normal' Batman and I'd like to know more of what the character is truly about.
>>
>>84902456
Read Dennis O'neil/Adams Batman, collected recently in "Batman Illustrated by Neil Adams"
>>
>>84902456
Only read what >>84902672 suggested if you can tolerate extremely dated dialogue and villain of the week type stories.

Otherwise go with the Batepic by Morrison.
>>
>>84902819
Batepic meant to be read after many other things
Including Neil Adams, he has a whole issue dedicated to flashing back and referencing it

This anon is a stone cold retard
>>
>>84902819
Holy shit you're stupid. Dennis O'neil Batman was basically a mix of martial arts adventures, Bond-esque type adventures and actual detective stories.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.
>>
Kek I forgot that story even existed. That's how forgettable it was.
>>
>>84896681

It doesn't really get good until Zero Year. IMO Court of Owls was a bit of a rehash after the Black Glove.

After ZO there's a mediocre Joker arc, and then it cruises to a satisfying end with the surprisingly entertaining RoboGordonBatBunny arc.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.