[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 5 Batman animated movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: -Bat1.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
-Bat1.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
Top 5 Batman animated movies?
>>
Why does everything have to be a competition with you?
>>
>>84892586
1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Under the Red Hood

the rest are shit
>>
>>84892642
he wants to make a youtube video bout it leave him alone
>>
The one where Batman does it.
>>
>>84892826
"With the recent release and dissapointment of The Killing Joke I thought: Hey, maybe I should do a list of the good Batman animated films. So without further ado, here's my Top 5 Animated Batman Films."
>>
>>84892788

Return of the Joker?
>>
>>84892586
GOAT:
1.MOTP
2. Sub Zero
3. ROTJ
4.DKR pt.1
5. DKR pt.2

UTRH, Assault on Arkham, and Year One are pretty good too. Everything else is pretty bad.
Son of Batman is the lowest dogshit
>>
>>84893027
>2. Sub Zero
Nah
>>
>>84893027
I'd personally rank Return of thr Joker at no. 2, but Sub Zero is tight as shit so I don't dislike your order.
>>
>>84893612
What would you put at number 2?
>>
>>84893647
I was torn between the two of them. But I've always held a strong like for Sub Zero simply because it's a Batman movie where they put effort into developing a villain that wasn't Joker.
>>
>>84892586
1- Under the Red Hood
2- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
3- Batman: Year One
4- The Batman vs Dracula (Underrated as hell)
5- Batman: Assault on Arkham

I'm only listing movies with Bruce as Batman, Terry Bats is more Dark Spiderman than anything.
>>
1 The killing joke
2 Under the red hood
3 Mask of phantasm
the rest are shit
>>
>>84894251
>Batman vs Dracula
I forgot about that one. Pretty great if we're being honest here.

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Return of the Joker
3. Batman vs Dracula
4. Sub Zero (dat Toonami ad)
>>
>>84892586
>Mask of the Phantasm
>Under the Red Hood
>Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
>Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
>Justice League: Doom

My vote
>>
1.The Killing Joke
2.The Killing Joke
3.The Killing Joke
4.The Killing Joke
5.The Killing Joke

(You) Plz.
>>
>>84892586
1. Killing Joke haha
but really it was alright
>>
>>84897095
>>84899077
Damn, these are some original jokes.
>>
>>84894397
>1 The killing joke
The actually killing joke parts are good but the animation is pretty dogshit and the Babs storyline is really bad and utterly pointless since she disappears from the story once she gets shot.
>>
So can we all agree Mask of the Phantasm is batkino?
>>
>>84894652
I really enjoyed Crisis on Two Earths. While it wasnt strictly a Batman movie, that Batman/Owlman fight at the end was excellent. Such a great scene imo.
>>
>>84899367
Nah the killing joke parts leave a lot to be desired. Hamill needs to stop smoking and the voice director was asleep.
>>
Do you think they'll ever take another shot at adapting TKJ? I'm sure it won't be for another decade or so, but I'd love to see it be done justice.
>>
>>84892586
1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Return of the Joker
3. Under the Red Hood
4. Dark Night Returns parts 1 & 2
5. Year One (although I enjoy the Gordon plot more than the Batman one, this is still a very good Batman movie)

Honorable mentions:
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman vs Dracula

>>84894251
>Underrated as hell
Agreed. My favorite scene (or at least the one that still sticks with me) is Joker at the bloodbank.
>>
Mask of the Phantasm
Under the Red Hood
Year One
The Dark Knight Returns
Subzero
>>
1. Under the red hood: Phenomenal.
2. TDKR: Straight adaptation of arguably the best batman story written yet.
3. Year one: What Batman begins should have been.
4. Mask of the phantasm: Best animation of the bunch. Solid Batman story. Personally I find it less epic than the rest. Maybe a toss between this and Year one for number 3.
5. Public enemies: Personal favorite. Burying batman with his parents left me shocked at the moment. Also, Supes and Batman beating bad guys, bad girls, good guys, good girls and pretty much every guy and girl they see for about 30 mins. Also PG.
>>
>>84894251
>>84894475
A L U C A R D
L
U
C
A
R
D
>>
>>84899367
I thought the Babs plot was fine. Had nothing to do with the Killing Joke, but as a bonus animated episode, it was enjoyable enough.
>>
>>84899367
>The actually killing joke parts are good
Nah, it's all presented poorly and nearly everything comes of oddly sedate and devoid of drama.
>>
>>84900004
I think that's an issue with the more "direct" adaptations from comic to animation, TDKR had the same problem. Pacing and scene framing just doesn't transplant 1:1.
>>
>>84900004
>nearly everything comes of oddly sedate and devoid of drama.
So it's like the re-colored version of the Killing Joke
>>
Why is Under The Red Hood so highly regarded? Not trying to start and argument, just genuinely curious?
Sure it's better than the horrendous comic arc it's adapted from and has nice action, but otherwise I don't see anything truly outstanding about it.
>>
>>84900047
Yeah that's a good observation. DKR did it better I think though, the plot was still engaging.

>>84900059
Nah, Bolland's artwork without any colors is better than the movie.
>>
>>84900114
Actual character development, the best non-Hamill Joker and a very strong climax.
>>
>>84900189
I'm not really sure if I agree with the "best non-Hamill Joker" part but I do agree with everything else.

I remember watching it for the first time and seeing that final scene in which Jason puts on the Robin suit for the first time and declares it the best day of his life. There was just something almost haunting about that scene which stuck with me.
>>
>>84900114
>Great casting. Even without Conroy and and Hamill, the lines were strongly delivered.
>Great animation. The style used and the usage of colors black,red, gray and blue sticks out a lot.
>Great pacing. Batman be vigilanting. Batman be detectiving. Batman be brooding. Nightwing be chatting. Most of the time the transitions of those moments were right.
>Great rogue gallery. Every character had a motive to be there and helped the movie go forward. I never cared for black mask until this movie.

I'm gonna get crucified by this but what the hell. There are people like me that don't read comics but watch cartoons. Finally watching Jason Todd character was something that I hadn't experienced. So sad that watching Damian Wayne wasn't as enjoyable.
>>
>>84893027
>Assault on Arkham
I agree on the pretty good, but it's a Suicide Squad movie merely disguised as a Batman movie.
>>
>>84900527
Yeah I agree with all of your points. I suppose as someone who thinks Jason is just a more compelling character in the ground, the mere concept of Red Hood irks me slightly.
>>
>>84900604
I still consider it a Batman movie primarily because it's set in the Arkhamverse. It's certainly more of a Batman movie than some of the JL ones that people have listed in this thread.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.