[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they stay together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: spapeggyandannoying.gif (654KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
spapeggyandannoying.gif
654KB, 600x459px
Why do they stay together?
>>
>>84883606
Cause, ya know, love and all that.
>>
Peggy loves Hank.
And Hank loves Propane followed by Peggy or Ladybird depending on what day it is.
>>
>>84883606
Peggy doesn't think she can do any better and Hank doesn't think he deserves any better
>>
>>84883739
That is the saddest shit I've ever read on this website
>>
>>84883811
Also inaccurate
>>
>>84883811
To be fair it's probably not as negative from their point of view.

Hank would probably think Peggy is the perfect woman for him because sh's dependable and all that boring shit he likes. She's not the wife he deserves because he's settling, it's the wife he deserves because he oughta have a wife like that.
>>
>>84883908
But Peggy despises all that boring shit Hank likes

She's a uppity pseudo-/lit/ whore who can't cook clean or is even fuckable
>>
>>84883952
>pseudo-/lit/
Redundant
>>
>>84883606

Because they get along and still love each other?
>>
Peggy would cheat on Hank in a second if there was someone rich and handsome interested in her
>>
>>84884012
It's canon she wouldn't since when she thought her employer was coming onto her she freaked out.
>>
>>84884012
She tried to do that exact thing with an actor who's kids she was tutoring, cause she somehow got that gig. She even called up Nancy to help her out. Then she flips her shit finding out hank kissed a woman in high school. Typing this out I realize how much I dislike peggy
>>
>>84884012
Why would someone rich and handsome be interested in this gargoyle?
>>
>>84884141
>tried
Really? Because I remember her losing her shit and being worried that if she didn't fuck the guy she'd be out of a job.
>>
>>84884149
They weren't. It's that Valla con Dios actor. He has a young wife and shit. She was just being Peggy, thinking the world revolves around her.
>>
>>84884012
>>84884130
>>84884141
>>84884149
>>84884168
>>84884179

Point is Peggy Hill is an annoying bitch who doesn't even deserve Hank's bony ass, now that we have established who is the more of two evils, try to find a reason as to why they should stay together.
>>
>>84883606
"Propane accessories"
>>
Haven't seen the show, but it's a reason that a lot of people have I guess.
When you are 40-50, you won't divorce because you will not have anyone else, and you stay for the kids.
It took me a long time to realize that people don't really love each other after some time. They just stay because they can't get anything else and then are not young anymore.
Wien I see and old couple or a middle aged couple bragging about how they love each other I wonder if they are lying.
>>
>>84883606
Hank is a good decent man, as >>84883908 said, peggy is dependable, hank loves peggy, he isnt in love with her, but he has to protect his family, and take care of them, he knows without him peggy would die alone and he cares about her so he doesnt want that to happen. Hank does the right thing, and doing the right thing makes hank happy.

Yes peggy is the absolute worst crap, she needed to die
>>
>>84884736
That's a pretty pessimistic view, sempai. Love is a mercurial feeling and will hardly ever be the same, but that doesn't mean that people whom aren't in love don't love each other. By that age/stage of the relationship, people are looking for companions for life experiences rather than someone that simply rouses their loins. One has lived with their significant other for about a decade at that point, so their presence is a default. It may be a languid-looking expression of love to stay with someone after the passion has cooled, but who's to say that Hank doesn't really love Peggy and vice versa after all of these years?
>>
Hank is a creature of habit, everything he does he believes should be done one way your entire life.
Even if he completely despised his wife he'd feel obligated to stay with her forever.
He's just old fashioned like that.
>>
>>84884736
Most people forget that love is just as transitory and difficult to understand as literally anything else we feel. Those people proceed to build their future on a shaky foundation.
>>
>>84883606
bobby

he ain't much but he's all they got
>>
>>84884736
There's different kinds of love, even with in romantic love, and the one that lasts the longest on average is the one where two people can simply be with each other. No bullshit mind games, no need to be showy, no need to worry about power balance. Just two people who can share their entire lives together, having someone you can depend on and not have to have any barriers with.

My parents are getting on in years, and have been married for going on 30 years now, and they still miss each other when they have to be apart for a week or so. They're not really lovey dovey or going at it like rabbits or anything, far as I know thank god, but a few hours here and there of their day just spent sitting around with each other, just hanging out. Talking, eating, even doing different things but near each other. Going to a movie. Going dancing. Just living life, and living it together. Similar interests help too. Neither has any real idealist view of romance, but both have largely joked about not imagining lasting much longer after the other kicks it (partially because they don't really know how to live apart anymore).

I don't think I've ever once seen them legitimately argue. They've disagreed, but never argued in any sort of heated manner. And I get the feeling the sheer stability and contentment of their relationship has rather biased my perspective on human relationships.

All of this to say King of the Hill was probably trying to go for that understated, stable contentment form of long term relationship, especially compared to wide variety of dysfunctional or shallow romances Hanks other friends have (except the Souphanousinphones, amusingly enough), but sitcom flawed characterizations sort of get in the way of that.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.