[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As part of the DC Trinity shouldn't wonder woman be more popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

As part of the DC Trinity shouldn't wonder woman be more popular?
>>
Isn't the whole trinity thing more a love triangle between her, Superman and Batman? I mean, Superman and Batman are constantly swapping her between them.
>>
>>84868789
Your average person only knows these characters through movies (and possibly cartoons they watched as a child). Batman has already had almost 10 movies, and Superman has had a lot as well. Wonder Woman is set to get her first soon. Batman and Superman also have more cartoons. And Adam West's Batman is much more famous than Linda Carter's Wonder Woman.
>>
>>84868789
Do you even know her origin story? Can you even name 3 of her villains?

No one gives a shit about Wonder Woman. The only reason she is notable is because she was a girl on the Justice League
>>
>>84868789
She should be an had her chance. The Linda Carter version was iconic and her 80's run was also very popular.

Unfortunately, until now, DC hasn't given her enough marketing, good runs, or authors. Hopefully, it'll last.
>>
>>84868789
She is plenty popular, but the problem is that people only care about her superficially.
>>
she is popular among homosexers, and possibly a few girls, too
>>
>>84868789
It's never really been a trinity
>>
>>84869157

I'm not gay!
>>
>>84868789
She's a better idea for a character than she is a comic book character, usually.

In a weird way she's like the Hulk, another character who was popular on television even while his comics weren't very popular.

With Diana I think she often comes off as a cold character who looks down on regular humans, unlike Superman who was raised in the human world. Lynda Carter gave her more warmth than she usually has (every episode ended just with a closeup of her smiling). And George Perez's version at first emphasized her fish-out-of-water innocence in the harsh '80s world.
>>
File: 1469204574142.jpg (411KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469204574142.jpg
411KB, 1382x2048px
>>84868789
She's the third part of the Trinity by virtue of the fact that she's been continuously published since her debut alongside Superman and Batman.

But superhero comic books have always been a man's game and it's harder to sell her as a solo act than as an ensemble alongside other big guns like Superman and Batman.

To say nothing of the variable quality of her stuff.

There is some stuff that is iconic about her
>comes from an Island full of warrior lesbians
>blocks bullets with her armbands
>magic lasso
>Invisible Jet

But beyond the Linda Carter show and(again, an group piece) her appearances in the Justice League cartoon, how much can your average Joe say about her, the same way people can go into detail on some Superman or Batman work, whether it's older stuff like the Adam West or Christopher Reeve stuff, or newer things like the Dark Knight trilogy or Man or Steel?

She's never really had a fraction of the pop culture presence Superman and Batman have had, and that's a tall fucking order that gets bigger with every passing year.

She's at least lucky that she's THE female superhero, and pretty much the only popular one that isn't a legacy character or didn't debut as part of a supergroup(e.g. X-Men).
>>
>>84868789
I feel like you should consider the following: take any capeshit character that's not Batman, Spider-Man or Wolverine (or X-Men to a lesser extent these days), and there will be a huge disparity in popularity
>>
>>84868789
She's the third most popular character....in terms of actually being known. So yeah
>>84868893
As far as I know she's only been in a canon relationship with Supes. She's not getting passed off constantly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.