[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They're finally going to split up the X-Men across different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

They're finally going to split up the X-Men across different teams and books and put them out to pasture like the Fantastic Four, aren't they?
>>
>>84857788
So, what actually causes the X-Men and Inhumans to fight?
Fighting the Inhumans isn't going to stop the Mists, and the Inhumans have no reason to attack the mutants.
>>
>>84857788

Can't you x-fags keep your shit contained to one thread? Good fucking gravy.
>>
so iis that Jean by Magneto? what's up with that look
>>
>>84857941
Apparently the X-men have a way/make a way to destroy the mists, the Inhumans say they ain't hearin' that.
>>
>>84857788
Could the inhumans fuck off back to their mountain already

Leave Kam she's cool
>>
>>84857788
Where's Crystal?
>>
Is there any reason that the Inhumans can't just terrigenize other Inhumans normally after the mists are got rid of, or are they just absolute bastards willing to cause mutant genocide so randos from around the world can get sick powers they won't be feared and hated for?
>>
>>84857981
Jean is time displaced past version of herself.

The orig 5 x-men came to the future, are trapped here or something.

And Iceman was secretly gay the whole time, so Jean Grey read his mind, and young Robby confronted Present Day Robby. Now they can be happy gay out of the closet.

Because Bendis doesn't believe in bisexuals.

Or clear/coherent writing.
>>
>>84858047

Pretty sure there aren't any mists besides the Terrorcloud. If the mutants get rid of it then Inhumans are fucked.
>>
>>84857981
it's based off the real jean's old marvel girl outfit
>>
OP here, just some info in case nobody heard the news from Comic Con:

>The biggest news was not necessarily the most surprising, and may simply strengthen many fans' fears about the future of the X-Men. Axel Alonso made the announcement of this winter's big event comic entitled Inhumans vs. X-Men. Given the current climate of the Marvel universe, this conflict (the roots of which will be explained in Death of X), a showdown between these two factions has seemed inevitable for a while. Alonso explained:

>“There's natural antagonism [between the X-Men and Inhumans]. There’s two species at war and maybe only one can win."

>The event will be co-written by Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire and feature art by Leinil Yu.
>>
>>84858047
Because Disney demands it, just like with FF. They can't put it in the movies, they'll make the comics force shit into the back/front/side to side to make it more 'readable' to the non-comics fans they think they'll get.
>>
>people joked about an Inhumans v X Men event
>it's actually happening

At least it's not the main big event like people thought it would be.
>>
>>84858146
Just like Axis wasn't? :^)
>>
>>84858003
Didn't Storm say she was fully capable of blowing the mists out of the atmosphere but she doesn't because plot excuse?
>>
>>84858088

when did she get it tho? Apocalypse Wars?

>>84858059

i just didn't know she got a new costume
>>
>>84858080
What happened to the Terrigen they used to have?
>>84858126
>Because Disney demands it
It's cute that you think this shit has only been going on since Disney.
>>
do you think lemire regrets writing the x-men
>>
>>84858178
>when did she get it tho?
dunno, hasn't happened yet
>>
>>84858203

i dunno, secret wars

>>84858231

gadammit marvel
>>
>>84858206
Why would he? He got to write OML, that's what he wanted, right?
>>
>>84858206
He gets money so I doubt it
>>
>>84858203
>What happened to the Terrigen they used to have?
Black Bolt blew it all up, hence the Terrigen Cloud
>>
>>84858003
Source on this? If so the Inhumans are assholes.
>>
>>84858206
I'm pretty sure Lemire is just in half-ass mode like every DC -> Marvel transfer.
>>
>>84858047
No Terrigen left.

>>84857941
The magic of editorial need. Before secret wars the cloud didn't kill mutants and the Inhumans didn't want the cloud but couldn't stop it because blowing up the city left them with few resources. Post secret wars it kills mutants and despite Medusa making a big deal of all the problems it caused Medusa/attilan apparently wants the cloud to keep going so it can continue to transform people around the world. The whole transforming people to gain more Inhumans was Black Bolt's plan the entire time but Medusa wasn't in on and even left him for the shit, Attilan can't possibly house that many new people, and there is a trillion other problems it will cause. There is no reason for any of the Inhumans besides Black Bolt, Max, and whoever agrees with them to fight for the cloud. Medusa was against it and Nuhumans like the ones with Crystal right now, and Kamala should be completely against letting it run.
>>
Match ups! Make your bets

Mosaic v Archangel
Reader v Colossus
Triton and Lighting Girl vs Iceman
Moon Girl v Sabretooth(oh god what.)
Medusa v Storm
Karnak v Psylocke
Black Bolt v Magneto
Kamala v Jean
Inferno v Wolverine
>>
is black bolt still weakened because he could blow away most of them
>>
>>84858319
>Before secret wars the cloud didn't kill mutants
It just amped their powers to hilarious level, right?
>>
>>84858351
most of the inhumans are going to destroy most of the mutants even if it should be the other way around
>>
>>84858394
I thought it made their powers go sideways, like it did Quicksilver and those folks he tossed it on because of M-Day?
>>
>>84858394
It did nothing to anybody except Inhumans. Only in son of M did Terrigen effect mutants and it was only shown on depowered ones.
>>
>>84858420
Don't worry, Storm is there with her FEATS.
>>
>>84858177
The excuse is that Storm can't blow away the most because the Inhumans need it to live? But it's okay if it's killing mutants because muh copyright.
>>
File: 1469458512145.jpg (78KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1469458512145.jpg
78KB, 922x1400px
>>84858379
he's retired
>>
>inhumans knowingly release terrorcloud on earth that transforms humans against their will and kills mutants
>somehow they are not treated like the villains they clearly are
>>
>>84858530
That rad
>>
>>84858310
All we know are they are fighting over the effects of the cloud. We have no way knowing if the Inhumans are stopping them from stopping it. However Axel/soule/Lemire's emphasis on how the cloud is salvation for Inhumans and death for mutants makes it sound like they are fighting over who survives even though they are currently working on a cure for M-pox together and the Inhumans aren't in any immediate danger right now.
>>
>>84858530

what is even up with black bolt these days. he used to be my favorite inhuman
>>
>>84857788
So after Civil War II and her opposition to Ulysses, Kamala is still doing whatever Medusa says?
>>
>>84858351
The matches probably won't be the ones that happen just based on how silly the pairings are.
>Mosaic v Archangel
I dunno, if mosaic's powers work on arch he should instantly win
>Reader v Colossus
Reader
>Triton and ISO vs Iceman
depends on if Ice is playing to win
>Moon Girl v Sabretooth(oh god what.)
Devil Dinosaur
>Medusa v Storm
>Karnak v Psylocke
Why the hell would Karnak fight anybody other than Old Logan. Psylocke because mind ninjutsu
>Black Bolt v Magneto
tie,
>Kamala v Jean
Jean
>Inferno v Wolverine
wolverine
>>
>>84858779
>Medusa v Storm
Storm
>>
>>84857788
I'm curious to see if Quicksilver will play any role in this.
It turns out he's not a mutant, but he still feels a connection to them, but his daughter is an Inhuman.
>>
>>84858621
when soule started writing inhumans he wasn't allowed to use black bolt, he is now but he prefers the characters he's spent a lot of time on too
>>
File: 1458138150477.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1458138150477.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>84858621
Attillan got nuked, and the inhumans lost nearly all their terrigen crystals
after people found out he intentionally detonated the bomb that unleashed the mists, Medusa confronted him and challenged him for the throne
he said (in his own way) 'fuck this, I insured our races survival through the nuhumans, I've given the best years of my life for my people, you want the throne you can have it' and left new attillan.

since from the outside it seemed like the inhumans had removed him from power and exiled him, that was enough for most everyone not a mutant.

apart from a brief job helping to rescue his son Ahura from the clutches of Kang, he now runs his swanky nightclub called The Quiet Room, which he markets as a neutral ground on which no conflict will be tolerated

and he's the happiest he's been in decades
>>
>>84858844
Honestly I think he still has restrictions on Black Bolt seeing how BB is still left out of the majority of advertisement, covers, and stories. BB only showed up for two pages in Civil War 2. although that could be because Bendis doesn't like him
>>
>>84858497
Of god, reminds of a comic vine thread of storm vs Black Bolt.
>>
Are there any villains left at Marvel??? It's all this stupid hero vs. Hero shit now
>>
i was terrified he could talk now
>>
>>84859097
>shithumans
>heroes
>>
>>84859097
90% of stories are still hero vs villain. It's just that Hero vs Hero stories tend to be events, so people pay more attention to them, thus tainting their perceptions.
>>
>>84859097
There are plenty, but none worth making a large event about besides maybe Doom and Kang.
>>
>>84859097
>hero vs hero
>implying the inhumans aren't bad guys
>>
>>84859116
nope, still relying on body language and interpreters
>>
>>84858982
A lot of writers don't like Black Bolt. Because of his obscene powerlevel and inability to talk at his worst he is a plot device more than a character
>>
>>84859097
marvel only has a handful of heroes. the rest are just various powers vying for control and survival
>>
>>84859097
hero + other hero = double money
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 083-004.jpg (349KB, 883x903px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 083-004.jpg
349KB, 883x903px
>>84859238
>>
>>84858866
Shit. Would anyone else read a Quiet Room ongoing that's just about Black Bolt silently keeping his club running and/or being a dick to people? Because fuck, I sure as hell would.
>>
Does Marvel have any idea what it wants to do with Inhumans or X-men any more?

I remember loving Black Bolt, but I don't remember him having any decent stories. Now I don't even know what the fuck is going on with him until this thread

Why is Marvel pushing inhumans to begin with?
>>
>>84859422
>Why is Marvel pushing inhumans to begin with?
Closest thing to HATED AND FEARED that isn't X-Men.
>>
>>84859422
the movie, that I think got shelved
>>
>>84859238
I hope that isn't how Soule feels since his Black Bolt has actually been good. All you really need with BB is good coordination between the writer and artist. He is "Actions speak louder than words" the character. You can get a feel for who he is and why he does what he does through his actions without the need of words.
>>
>>84859407
absolutely
>>
>>84859422

At some point in 2013 or so the order came down to de-emphasize the franchises whose movie rights were owned by Fox. So phase out the Fantastic Four and try and make Inhumans into the new mutants (as opposed to the New Mutants).

It had to be sometime after 2012 because in 2012 Marvel still put a priority on the X-Men (that's why they put their star writer, Bendis, on the book). But something must have changed, leading to the blanket ban on Fox-affiliated characters in most games, cartoons, etc.
>>
>>84859488
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/705659-comic-con-kevin-feige-directors-and-stars-on-the-marvel-cinematic-universe

>“We’ve announced through 2019, we have ideas through 2021 – it sounds like the future but it’s not so far away – we’re determining what we’ll be doing then and certainly Inhumans will be a part of that.”
Feige says it will be coming
>>
Okay, so...who does Beast fight for?

Does he fight alongside the X-Men, or with the Inhumans?

Also, I fucking hate modern Marvel.
>>
>>84857788
Who is in the Marvel Girl outfit?
Teen 616?Jean, Dead 616 Jean, Rachel, Ultimate Jean?

I know the obvious answer is teen, but that is not the body of a teenager.
>>
>>84859567
>>84859488
>>84859469
But why? Are movie goer really the same demographic as comic reader?
Or is it more brand synergy bullshit?
>>
>>84859591
he probably spends the whole thing in his lab, crying over the latest failed attempt at an m-pox cure and contemplating suicide
>>
>>84857945
Yeah it's taking up room that could be used by more threads about movie trailers damnit!
>>
>>84859639
hoping for atleast a boost for a few issues
not many people cared about inhumans like 4 years ago
>>
>>84859567
Dead pool still gets a ton of shit in the comics, and the X-men have gotten back 2 back events. Regardless of how X-fans feel about the developments they still get a lot of attention in the comics. They both still get fucked in the games and cartoons though.
>>
>>84859614
teen jean. artist just can't into teens. look at kamala
>>
>>84859656
I was hoping he'd make up for his fuck up by bringing back the teen X-Men by tearing off teen Jean's arms and beating the rest of the teen X-Men to death with them.
>>
>>84859656
He cures M-pox at the last moment or is revealed to be the cause of it in the first place.
>>
File: 1451901641741.jpg (973KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451901641741.jpg
973KB, 976x1500px
>>84859684
I suspect most of the people who cared about inhumans a few years ago only got into them due to Earth-X
>>
>>84859771
and the jenkins lee inhumans series
>>
>>84857941

that has already been spoiled by Marvel

Beast discovers that something called "saturation point" of the terrigen cloud will be reached soon that will kill all mutants.
The X-Men unite to destroy the terrigen cloud, and Inhumans try to prevent it since no more terrigen = no more inhumans.

I imagine there will be no winner, perhaps they discover some villain was weaponizing the terrigen mists, and after destroying his plans the mists no longer hurt mutants.
>>
>>84859639
Theories go, Boost popularity, because they wanted to replace mutants BUT NOT for the purpose of replacing the X-men but rather making a way to make no origin needed super powered characters that wont get roped into Fox movies, to make more adaptable stuff for the Inhumans movie, an Editor high up really likes the Inhumans.
>>
>>84859771
Marvel has always had a soft spot for the Inhumans and were actually trying to push an Inhumans movie in the '90s (that's why their movie rights are not part of Fantastic Four).

So the current push is partly wanting to have a substitute for mutants and partly that every editor thinks he can finally make the Inhumans popular.

I don't think it can really happen. The Inhumans are some of the purest Kirby characters of the '60s (when someone asked him in the '60s who created the Inhumans, he just said "I did") and they're weird and freakish and not very relatable.
>>
>>84859833
I'm still holding out that one of the first nuhumans made by the cloud was to terrigen what hydroman is to water, and they are both why the cloud is apparently impossible to predict the movements of. and the source of m-pox, because magneto killed their dad or something
>>
>>84857788
So we're all gonna forget that Marvel is producing an X-Men show with fox or are we just all ignoring that?
>>
>>84859988
i'm not getting paid 2c a post to dissuade people's fears
>>
>>84859639
>But why?
>Are movie goer really the same demographic as comic reader?
>Or is it more brand synergy bullshit?
Part of it is that Fox owns the merchandise rights. Marvel wants to make a maximum profit on everything. So they push the Fantastic Four and X-Men to the back of the closet so they can make adaptations and merchandise on properties they have full control of. Hence, trying to replace X-Men with Inhumans and pretty much letting Fantastic Four fuck off to wherever.
>>
>>84859988
they'll never get rid of the x-men the market is way too lucrative
x-fags have been buying regardless of quality for years now
>>
>>84859988
It's still too early to tell if this is a sign of a thaw in the relationship with Fox, or what effect that'll have on the comics if so.

A lot of what we're talking about now was planned when Marvel and Fox were at their bitterest, though. If there is a thaw we won't see evidence of it for a while yet.
>>
>>84860047 Well either way the X-books make them money why get rid of it? I understand Fantastic Four getting canceled it wasn't selling well but the X-books are selling a lot better than most of the other books at Marvel why cancel something that's making them money.
>>
>>84858779
> kamala v Jean
Mind powers don't work on kamala
>>
>>84860449
Why not?
>>
>>84860449
They don't?
>>
>>84857788

Who gives a shit at this point, Xmen are almost as boring as the fucking inhumans at this point. No one is buying this shit.
>>
>>84859233
In me in a few years after the inhuman movies everyone will forget about mutants and inhumans will reign supreme. I mean I already know that I'm going to raise my kids to hate the x men and think in humans are better. The x men don't have any stories left to tell. Once the movie comes out they'll probably movie synegerize it and give the comics to good wirters
>>
>>84860255
They're not going to cancel the X-Men, they're just de-emphasizing them.

So the X-Men editorship was given to Mark Paniccia, who mostly edits stuff nobody else wants to do (he also got Fantastic Four after Tom Brevoort gave it up). The X-Men were promoted less, they appeared less often in big events, Marvel stopped promoting X-Men movies on its website, any character with a Fox connection was banned from TV cartoons (they won't even add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who the MCU is using).

I don't think the X-Men will or can be canceled but there are a lot of ways to signal that a franchise is not the highest priority. X-fans get mad at that partly because it's petty, and partly because the X-Men used to get a lot more promotion and high-profile launches. And now they're going to the objectively much less popular Inhumans.
>>
>>84860527
>No one is buying this shit.
I keep hoping for this to happen and sales charts are disappointing me every month.
>>
>>84860449
wut ?

also remember she can also use TK
>>
>>84860468
>>84860497
>>84860633
It's cussed shape shifter brains aren't set properly. The cells and neurons or whatever are alway changing. mystique is protected from mind rape too mostly
>>
>>84857788
I hate how unified the Inhumans are. It's retarded.

If I woke up one day as a monster, and someone told me they were deliberately letting some cloud roll around doing this to people, I'd want nothing to do with them. Except maybe to wring their necks, because seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>84860686
Remember Syler from Heroes?
Remember how his brain weakness got written off as a result of his shapeshifting?

It was stupid then and it is stupid now
>>
>>84860561

No one cares about the inhumans and the sales will never be so bad that marvel will get rid of them because they need another big group like the xmen in their MCU
>>
>>84860803
>tfw he didn't even eat brains
I felt cheated.
>>
>>84859833
>Beast discovers that something called "saturation point" of the terrigen cloud will be reached soon that will kill all mutants.
>The X-Men unite to destroy the terrigen cloud, and Inhumans try to prevent it since no more terrigen = no more inhumans.
"Our people won't be able to get new superpowers any more" is morally equivalent to literal mutant genocide?
Just get fucking Moon Girl to synthesize new terrigen, she's the smartest person in the world now.
>>84859899
I'm hoping their movie is good when it finally happens. Make it Kirby as fuck, don't try to turn them into HATED AND FEARED, you're golden.
>>
>>84859833
>Beast discovers that something called "saturation point" of the terrigen cloud will be reached soon that will kill all mutants.
>The X-Men unite to destroy the terrigen cloud, and Inhumans try to prevent it since no more terrigen = no more inhumans.
Citation?
>>
>>84857788
>>84858105
>>84858146
>>84858126
if DC was smart they'd push their own mutants to fill the storytelling niche that the Marvel utants once filled.
They could even get
tom king who worked with claremont to work on that
>>
>>84861297
DC's X-Men analog is Legion, but it's a slave to Superman so they have to get that right first before fully revive LOSH so it doesn't collapse on itself.
>>
>>84859869
but for most of those cases making them antagonise the x-men seems the wrong way to go about it as it will antagonise the x-fans too.
It would be better to have them work together and show them to be not so different.
The only thing that makes sense is that an editor really likes the ihumans and hates the x-men.

>>84860794
what, are you saying you won't give up your social and national and racial identity to become part of the great inhuman ingdom and follow medusa?
>>
>>84861407
>DC's X-Men analog is Legion
eh not really.
It has some similarities to some aspects of the x-men, but on the other hand are totally different for others.
I'm talking about the actual mutants who are walking around in the current DC earth, uniting to protect themselves, fight against the patriarchy, you know, that sort of thing
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.