[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Stuffs the MCU always gets away with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 24

>Badly portraying their villains
>>
>Having a good cinematic universe
>>
>plot holes
>terrible acting
>bad jokes
>shitty villains
>>
>>84849917
>>Having zero tension so that little kids won't feel bad or anxious about anything
>>
>Every Avengers movie the Avengers hate each other
>>
>making the audience have fun
>>
>Shit writing
>cringe jokes
>nonsensical plots
>nothing being memorable
>>
>making the same film over and over again
>>
>horrible writing
>QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS
>dumbed down plot
>"""grounded""" characters
>>
>disrespecting the source material
>overuse of CGI
>putting jokes in too many places they dont belong
>unfunny stan lee cameos
>>
>>84849917
>not having a single plot element that requires effort beyond being capable of looking at the screen
>>
>making the show villains so pathetic and unthreatening, they are incapable of adding any tension to scenes that are supposed to be tense
>making the show villains annoying manchildren because that's the only way MCU writers can give someone "depth"
I'm looking at you, Netflix.
>>
>not using actual heroes for your superhero movie
at the very least, DC got down that Superman and Batman are something other than just human
>>
I get that audiences, specially the ones that go watch cape movies, don't want to feel too tense or uncomfortable, but i wish that the MCU would at least do a villain that's really threatening and frightful and that would fuck the heroes up.

The MCU villains always end up as the butt of some joke done by the heroes. They're always humiliated in some form or another for some. Take Loki in The Avengers with the "Puny God" bit.

I'm still pissed off about Ultron thanks to the hype as fuck trailers.
>>
>>84849917
>taking 8 years to introduce a black person that isn't a sidekick
>taking even longer to even cast for a female-led film
Why do SJWs suck the MCU's dick? Not saying that I give a shit about it, but DC cops a lot of hate for not being diverse enough.
>>
>all these replies
>>
>using colors other than black and variations of black
>>
No tension.

I mean, it's just proved how numerous and to what degree plebs exist, but you can only pull the "OH NOES GOOD CHARACTER DIED (but really didn't)" and still have anyone give a fuck about anything.

To be fair, i find the same true with 90% of comic runs.
>>
>>84850985
>but you can only pull the "OH NOES GOOD CHARACTER DIED (but really didn't)"
Well at least the MCU has good characters that people can root for.
>>
Man DC fans are really mad people have been ripping on the Justice League trailer
>>
>>84851564
First off,
>trailer
It was a teaser. It's not the full movie.

And it's not like MCU does anything good. You literally settle for shit. How someone could not see how MoS and BvS were better than the entire MCU combined is beyond me.
>>
>>84851002

I only like Steve Rogers.
>>
>>84851655
>How everyone could not see how MoS and BvS were better than the entire MCU combined is beyond me.
ftfy
>>
File: Laughing at Sad Affleck.jpg (84KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing at Sad Affleck.jpg
84KB, 604x311px
>>84849917
>Anally ravaging DC fans enough that they need to start threads about it.
>>
File: laughing intensified.gif (460KB, 512x392px) Image search: [Google]
laughing intensified.gif
460KB, 512x392px
Lets get this shit started

>DCucks
>DCshills
>DC films
>the shantytown of DC
>>
>>84851564
>>84851655
>>84851703
>>84851734
>thread is full of people venting out on their grievances on a fictional universe
>hijacked by LOL MUH CAPESHIT IS BETTER THAN YOURS XDD faggots
I hope you all get flayed alive in some dirty rats-infested basement
>>
Here's the funny thing about MCU ballwasher casual scum

In the near future, they will abandon their "geek" phase once the bubble bursts as quickly as they jumped on board when it became fashionable

These people think they are cementing these movies as classics by eating and praising every ounce of shit the MCU can shit out, but the reality is these movies are known for being normie bait...and once the trend ends and things go back to the natural order of things, these movies will only be revealed for what they were and will be remembered as a pretty shitty corporate appropriating of nerd culture that mostly appealed to teenaged girls

That being said I enjoy parts of the MCU, but I'm also not a moron
>>
File: laughing lohan.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lohan.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>84851758
>DC Autists are this fucking mad
>>
File: Bump yourself down.jpg (222KB, 562x462px) Image search: [Google]
Bump yourself down.jpg
222KB, 562x462px
>>84851734
>>84851758
I rest my case.
>>
>>84850693
>Why do SJWs suck the MCU's dick?

They PR is god tier. Wonder woman is middle eastern, Aquaman is a pacific islander, and cyborg is a nigger and yet the media gives 0 fucks.
>>
File: tfw.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
1MB, 193x135px
I don't understand this.
Are there people that want Marvel or DC movies to suck?
Are you the same people who are into videogame platform wars?
This shit was retarded back in nintendo vs sega days and it's still retarded now.

I want Justice League to be good and I want Doc Strange to be good.
>>
>>84851800
>ashkenazi jew

Wonder Woman is basically fucking white regardless of what /pol/ says.
>>
File: how about kek.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
how about kek.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
>>84851806
No, you don't understand. Justice League WILL be good. It ALREADY IS good, and anyone who says differently is a cuck, casual, MCUFag who just doesn't know true kino when he sees it.
>>
>>84851806
Company wars /tv/cancer needs to die. I have never seen a bigger pile of obnoxious faggots in my entire lives.
>>
>>84851847
>lives
Are you mario or a cat?
>>
I think this thread is proof of how cancerous MCU fans are and how awful their films are.
>>
>>84851806
>I don't understand this.
>Are there people that want Marvel or DC movies to suck?

No, nobody does. We all want GOOD comic book movies, and while we get some good ones every once in again the amount is not proportionate to the amount that are coming out since capeshit is the current trend among fake geeks and hipsters (who, for the most part, are MCU fans, not Marvel fans but MCU specifically)

So, it isn't about wanting movies to suck...it's about real fans acknowledging that a lot of movies DO suck and wanting the fake fans to go the fuck away, but this will all happen in time
>>
>>84851859
What's the matter? Don't believe in reincarnation?
Are you oppressing me and my religious beliefs, is that is? Check your Christian privilege.
>>
>>84851859
But hardly anyone has said anything good about them in this thread, you fucking moron.
>>
>>84851847
It's literally only the MCU fans from /tv/, how can you not see this?
>>
File: 1451346435844.gif (980KB, 245x144px) Image search: [Google]
1451346435844.gif
980KB, 245x144px
>>84851859
>DCshills are this upset
>>
>>84851869
Meant for >>84851857

Alright, you know what? Fuck you all. I'm too damn sleepy to argue with you shitposters.
>>
File: tom-chris-giggles.jpg (58KB, 583x423px) Image search: [Google]
tom-chris-giggles.jpg
58KB, 583x423px
>>84849917
>Making a Cinematic Universe a full 5 years before DC managed to.
>Making billion of dollars
>Winning Audience and critical acclaim
>>
File: BP movie.png (114KB, 1428x475px) Image search: [Google]
BP movie.png
114KB, 1428x475px
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>84851868
Holy shit, this.

If people need a perfect example of cape movies that respect their source material while still being amazing, try the DCEU.
>>
>>84850508
>I get that audiences, specially the ones that go watch cape movies, don't want to feel too tense or uncomfortable, but i wish that the MCU would at least do a villain that's really threatening and frightful and that would fuck the heroes up

I feel like they are saving that for Thanos.

That's how they are going to portray the power shift. All of a sudden, the bad guy they are fighting isn't a joke.

We know he is going to kill Vision anyway, with a high probability of him fucking up Xandar and Asgard as well. There should be ample opportunity to see him just tear through the good guys like a hurricane.
>>
>>84851816
No she isnt white, white is a phenotype, and she doesnt have that phenotype, that and that half of his family were jews of palestine prior 1900's only half of his family is ashkenazi.
>>
>>84851893
>cape movies that respect their source material
>try the DCEU
It's okay to admit that you don't read Superman comics.
>>
>>84851951
>his

what the fuck are you talking about son.

either way, that bitch looks like any skinny white model you'd find on an average runway.
>>
>>84850508
Hopefully Shuma Gorath could fulfill that Role.
unless they turn him into tentacle Bill Cipher.
which they can totally do because y'know, disney
>>
>>84851975
i legit thought she was liked eastern european or italian or french before i found out she was israeli.
>>
>>84851952
>falling for bait
>>
File: Riddler-two-face.jpg (44KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler-two-face.jpg
44KB, 618x412px
>>84849917
>Badly portraying their villains
By "badly", do you mean not turning them into hyperbolic scenery chewing clowns?
All the way to spazz-clown nu-Luthor.
>>
This thread has 51 replies and 23 posters

If it proves anything, it's that MCU shills are real. As a Marvel fan my entire life, I can't even admit to it without feeling embarrassed because of how it's been appropriated by fake geeks and gamer girls
>>
File: only pretending.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
only pretending.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>84852009
>>
>>84852026
You're really trying to push this "Marvel fans aren't real nerds" meme, aren't you?
>>
>>84852055
No, what I'm saying is that MCU fans aren't real Marvel fans
>>
>>84851952
Point to me any inconsistencies in the DCEU. I'll wait.

Meanwhile in MCU we get horrible butchered villains, heroes outright acting like villains, and really dumb side characters, some of which were heroes put down to do nothing.

Mandarin is probably the worst movie sin I've ever seen, how anyone can defend it is beyond me.
>>
>>84852121
>how anyone can defend it is beyond me.

Because they're not Marvel fans, or comic fans
A real Marvel fan probably likes some of the MCU movies as some are good, but is obviously insulted by a lot of the utter bullshit they've shat out

MCU fans don't care because they aren't Marvel fans, they're people who jumped on a trend
>>
>>84852121

I like the DCEU movies, but in the comics Superman stick around whenever he saves someone while in the DCEU he disappears.

I get that they wanted to portray him as the silent guardian type of hero, specially because he didn't wanted to meddle in politics, but that's still something that this particular version has that is pretty different from the comics various versions.

Just trying to be fair and all.
>>
>>84852121
>Point to me any inconsistencies in the DCEU. I'll wait.
Inconsistencies as in a character acting in a way that is inconsistent with their comic portrayal? Well for starters, what Superman can you point to in comics that has actually pushed a dangerous invader AWAY from an uninhabited cornfield INTO a populated area?
>>
>>84852173

>Well for starters, what Superman can you point to in comics that has actually pushed a dangerous invader AWAY from an uninhabited cornfield INTO a populated area?

That doesn't happen in any of the movies.
>>
>>84852181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6DQwQyVGOc
>>
>>84852173
>what Superman can you point to in comics that has actually pushed a dangerous invader AWAY from an uninhabited cornfield INTO a populated area?

What Spider-Man do you know that got everything he has from Tony Stark?
>>
>>84852173
>Well for starters, what Superman can you point to in comics that has actually pushed a dangerous invader AWAY from an uninhabited cornfield INTO a populated area?

Superman in the animated series destroyed a lot of building by throwing people into them and such without a care in the world
>>
>>84850693
>>84851800
No. It's because SJWs don't actually care about minorities, but rather like to pretend to care for the poor plight of the coloured people, whilst being satisfied by their aryan schlicking bait.
>>
>>84852213
See
>>84851893
>If people need a perfect example of cape movies that respect their source material while still being amazing, try the DCEU.
>>
>Avengers killing people
>>
>>84849917
Making more money than DC. It's almost like people pay more to be entertained by quality cinematic
>>
>garbage cinematography
>>
>>84852121
Zod, White lex, Jimmy
>>
File: bugs sad.jpg (38KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
bugs sad.jpg
38KB, 232x197px
>>84849917
>making mediocre films that are dragging down the comics

Yeah, Marvel sure did win...
>>
>>84849917
He was the only villain that actually felt like a character and not another punchbag for the Quipvengers.
>>
>being better than the current Marvel Comics universe
>>
File: 1469381018029.jpg (122KB, 436x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469381018029.jpg
122KB, 436x768px
>Character is faster than bullets
>Gets shot

Defend this
>>
>mfw the only marvel movie people care about since avengers age of ultron is doctor strange

What went wrong tbqh?
>>
>>84853697
When is it stated that he's faster than bullets?
>>
>>84853738
I don't know, CW made 1.1 billion, that says a lot about people who don't care about it tbqh familia
>>
>>84853791
>Spiderman+Avengers made less than dark knight rises

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84853931
That's still a lot of money.
>>
File: Man of Steel3.jpg (151KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel3.jpg
151KB, 1920x800px
>>84852504
Yeah, where's the intense blue-filter? And it's not dark out, and there's no CGI debris or effects washing around in the background like a modern Vidya Gaem, and by god what's with using establishing shots?
>>
>>84853973
>>84849917
company wars like clockwork baka
>>
File: Freeze.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Freeze.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>84853998
>Is bothered that there are company wars going on in a Company Wars thread.
Why didn't you just report and move on, friendo?
>>
File: Batkino.jpg (88KB, 812x464px) Image search: [Google]
Batkino.jpg
88KB, 812x464px
>>84853931
I'm pretty sure that every WB/DC movie since TDKR has made less adjusted, and certainly domestically.
Nolan's second film is literally the apex of WB's success with cape films.
>>
>>84849917
Zemo was a genuinely good antagonist. His plan was great, and he won. And in the end, he was pretty sympathetic. The film could have spent a little more time on him, but he's likely to get more development elsewhere.
>>
>>84853931
>Captain America: Civil War - $1,151,190,028
>The Dark Knight Rises - $1,084,939,099
Check and mate, DCuck.
>>
>>84854108
Iron Man 3 outgrossed both of those, I will point out.
>>
>>84849917
The villain thing is the part that pisses me off the most

I don't care about the quips (even if they aren't funny all the time they are usually not awful like in deadpool)

Marvel has great bad guys but the half ass it every time.

People jizzed their jean shorts from Zemo and he was awful...and didn't even need to be in the movie
>>
>>84849917
Never saw Civil War, does Zemo get the costume at any point?
>>
>>84854225
>I don't care about the quips (even if they aren't funny all the time they are usually not awful like in deadpool)
Whedon pls go and stay go
>>
>>84853931
I know this is bait, but it was swamped by lots of other movies. If it came out around the time BVS did, it would've made as much as Age of Ultron.
>>
File: Luthor.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>84854225
Marvel is a hero-driven narrative, they ask you to get invested in the trials and drama of the hero, in the nuances of the character. The villains exist mainly to provide a dramatic foil, a challenge for the hero's resolve, and occasionally a superficial "This is the hero gone wrong."

The DC films have, since the 1980's, been about AA-list celebrities tearing up the screen with over-the-top antics and shenanigans, to which the hero is a straight-laced foil, the obstacle that finally thwarts the villains delightful mayhem.

Which is where we get to the Suicide Squad being the DCEU's real great hope to recapture their movie magic, being literally a movie about Villains saving the day with shenanigans.

The real drawback to this second approach is that it's awkward to keep re-using a popular villain portrayal for many films in a row, the advantage is that since no one really gives a major fuck about who's driving the Batmobile, you don't get stuck with a reluctant star like Downey or Maguire that has to be convinced to return for sequels. (Though the Superman films have used Luthor in 6 of 7 movies).
>>
File: Daredevil2.jpg (126KB, 618x934px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil2.jpg
126KB, 618x934px
>>84854385
Cavill and Gadot are smart casting choices because they are television actors who've appeared in a couple of action flicks that either didn't succeed (Cavill) or owe nothing of their success to their performance (Gadot). Since neither of them have a career or the real hope for one outside of cape films, they are pretty easy to lock into large contracts.

Affleck is desperate to get funding for some big movies, he's got to be tired of making low budget "acclaimed" films that hardly anyone pays to see. He's hoping to catapult himself into high-tier directing gigs by doing all this Batman-shit for WB in exchange for a greenlight on some big projects. He knows full well that playing Batman in movies has never improved anyone's career.
>>
>deviating from the source material
>shitty casting
>>
>>84849917
>Fuck up the villain, give him no screentime, don't give him his costume
>That'll all be in the sequel, duh anon!

Nothing could possibly enrage me more than that retarded argument. Don't make me wait for the fucking character, show him.
>>
>>84849917
"MCU Zemo wasn't a faithful adaptation of the character" is the #1 way to spot a true casual.
>>
File: Mask.jpg (8KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
8KB, 267x189px
>>84854593
It's possible to have a great character be a faithful interpretation of a comic-book hero (say Hellboy), and to have a great character be a VERY loose adaptation of a comic book hero (Bighead for example).

Bigger problems exist when you don't make the character appealing or compelling in any real way (see: the last two Supermen).
>>
>>84851806
I want them to be better in general. But I won't like that they do suck both of them. I feel marvel sucks more but thats more due to sheer quanitity of samey quip films.

Liked Nolan Batman, was not super impressed with Man of Steel, despite desperately wanting it to be greatest thing ever. And I've still haen't seen BvS, though I got the uncut edition now.
>>
Why does anyone care? I know I'm not the target audience for current Marvel comics or the MCU, but I still have DC stuff to be excited for. Not everything has to be aimed at you fags. Did you also get upset that the Supergirl show was for young girls instead of you?
>>
>>84851782
Indeed. It won't take long before normies see how the MCU is repetitive and bland on most parts. It'll then be "cool" to see the MCU's flaws, just like it was for the DCU.
>>
>>84852212
Never, but Man of Steel was about telling the story of a rookie Superman.
>>
>>84854970
>was not super impressed with Man of Steel, despite desperately wanting it to be greatest thing ever.
I know that feel mate. Though it was a show that left me completely blueballed.
Not saying which show in order to avoid further company wars bullshit, but I was expecting to be great.
>>
>>84851655
>MoS and BvS were better than the entire MCU
Heh! Look, i've always considered myself more of a DCfag, but i AM at least capable of admiting that Snyder is fucking shit up in ways Whedon never did
>>
>>84855150
I just don't like it when bad things are hailed as good. The MCU is at best mediocre, and I guess its success speaks volumes of the public's tastes and intellect.
>>
>>84849917
>nerfing the shit out of their heroes/villains
>having a "house style" GOTG is the only "distinct" movie from Marvel.
>quips galore. they didn't have the rights to Spider-Man so they basically made every character into Spider-Man
>>
>>84850301
it's a movie not a pop quiz
>>
File: Cant Siege The Feige.png (491KB, 1886x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Cant Siege The Feige.png
491KB, 1886x1020px
>>84849917
Daily reminder Feige is an extremely impressive producer who literally turned trash franchises into the hottest franchise in media today.
>>
>Combining villains into one clusterfuck of an OC
Case in point: Whiplash/Not!Blacklash/Not!Crimson Dynamo, Aldrich Killian/Not!Mallen/Not!Mandarin, Yellowjacket/Not!Darren Cross/Not!Ultron.

Literally why.
>>
>>84854735
>great character be a faithful interpretation of a comic-book hero (say Hellboy)

Hellboy was the furtherest thing from "faithful adaptation" unless you mentally equate Hellboy with tween romance.
>>
>>84863365
Hey, I don't blame Hellboy for wanting to fuck movie Liz because I know did too.
>>
>>84863413
Mignola hates the movies
>>
>>84850693
Actually I've seen a lot of SJWs on tumblr hate the MCU, especially the upcoming Doctor Strange movie.
>>
File: puking.png (8KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
puking.png
8KB, 80x80px
>have 95% of your movies end with a boring 20-30 minute sequence of skyscrapers falling while aircrafts pew pew at things
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.