[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Bruce_Timm.jpg (194KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Timm.jpg
194KB, 1000x1500px
What went wrong?
>>
Apparently the piracy rates are really high because the DC animated movies are always leaking ahead of release so the budget just keeps shrinking
>>
>Showing batman as a bad parent humanizes him
>The only way to show this is by having him fuck Barbara

>>84847729
Source?
>>
>>84847681
is it actually his fault though?

Azz wrote the script and Sam Liu directed it.
>>
>>84847681
Gods and Monsters was the best DCAM in years Bruce

Just focus on making that second season of shorts and stop trying to make DC animated movies, they've been mediocre since flashpoint paradox.

Oh and bring back Green Lantern the animated series. Aya deserves better.
>>
>>84848354
>they've been mediocre since flashpoint paradox.
Thats a nice way of saying dogshit
>>
>>84848354
>Gods and Monsters was the best DCAM

It was all set-up, no payoff. Plus extra swears to be more "adult". The voice actors sounded disinterested most of the time, and the story as a mess.
>>
>>84847681
>What went wrong?
He' not Paul Dini.
>>
>>84847681
They stopped doing anything original and went for adaptations only. There's a reason why Gods and Monsters is so well regarded. It's a goddamn original story.
>>
>>84849631
And let me add it wasn't even that great, but after so many shit adaptations nobody gives a fuck about, it felt like a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>84847729
It's ridiculous how easy those movies leak so early.
>>
>>84847980
I kinda feel like if they realized that the comic would had only been a half an hour worth of material, they should had just gone and made it a half-hour feature, and then maybe adapted Azz's Joker story, and sold the thing as a double feature.

It's not that adaptations expanding on things are bad all the time. It's just that it seems like nobody even really understood the story. When I looked at all those interviews, all the creators were just going "omg Killing Joke was such an amazing landmark because it was like so dark and came out when I was 14 and I didn't think Batman could be so dark but it was just so dark and mature and made Joker really scary and I was like wow so now we have to make this dark movie"

If the people who made this have such a juvenile understanding of the book (and it's not like the book is, like, Proust in the first place or anything), of course anything they add will be shit.
>>
I must say I am way more disappointed with Brian Azzarello than I am with Bruce Timm.
>>
>>84847980
Timm gave the final say.

He's an old hack now. Time for him to retire.
>>
>>84847681
They churn out poorly animated films with the express purpose of milking fanboys of their cash without the slightest concern for quality or art.

DC Animated Films are a joke and a dumb one at that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.