[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Killing Joke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: sun.png (294KB, 1270x722px) Image search: [Google]
sun.png
294KB, 1270x722px
I want to tap that with the power of 1000 suns
>>
>>84819779
Nailed it.
>>
>>84819779
I want to fuck her till she can't walk
>>
>>84819779
considering Barbra was created in the 60's show is it really that crazy that Bruce Timm would reference it to justify batman and babs relationship? I mean I know its not good to reference that show when you want batman to be taken seriously but they fucking created the character and it is kinda implied they have a thing I don't love the idea but people are overreacting
>>
>>84821910
And how many similarities does the 60s show have with The Killing Joke?

You don't get to play the "it's a different story" card, and then fall back on "b-b-b-but it was kinda in the 60s" when your work gets torn to shreds
>>
Mega where?
>>
>>84819779

Holy shit, where did you get the film in all it's 144p glory??
>>
File: tumblr_m6phkvUI4v1qdbhwwo6_1280.jpg (258KB, 912x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6phkvUI4v1qdbhwwo6_1280.jpg
258KB, 912x1250px
>>84821910

Considering books like The Killing Joke were written specifically to get rid of the Campy-Cancer Batman from the 60's show, i'd say there's plenty of reason why Timm's reasoning is complete horse shit.

He's just covering for his own wank fantasy. He insists "the sexual tension has always been there", when it's pretty fucking obvious that this is 90% in his own head.

Bruce Timm is also the guy who reinvented Batgirl as an 18 year-old schoolgirl in BTAS, which was later adapted into other cartoons and comics like Batgirl Year One, All-Star and The new52.
But before BTAS Barbara was always in her early to late 20's when she was Batgirl. It was Timm who de-aged her to Grayson's age, and then made her lust after 35 year-old Batman.
>>
So let's address this for a second. I know there are at least 3 threads of TKJ constantly but whatever.
So TKJ is(was?) a self contained story of presenting the batman that every Robin hates. A Bruce who is willing to cripple criminals in front of their wife and kids but will never be able to kill them, he won't cross that line because that is what makes them apart. Somehow, after all this years he knows that he will be forced to do it or be killed, so tries to make an effort to change that with Joker. In the end, there are 2 lessons learned. Gordon's "by the book" is the proof that good people can stay good, forcing Joker to realize that indeed "it was just him" and "only one bad day" is not an excuse to madness. The second one is batman realizing and accepting that, in some way, he is not any different than the Joker.

If that is the premise of the comic, that is excellent. I can understand people putting TKJ on the top 3 batman comics. My only problem is why Gordon was chose as the victim in the first place. Barbara being shot, I have no problem with that. For all I know, Joker wanted to torture Gordon. It could have been his wife or son in Barbara's place. It's in Joker's character though, kill mercilessly family members of his victims, I believe that. I still don't buy why he chose Gordon to be Batman's lure. Maybe I'm missing some previous canon comics that ties Joker, Gordon and Batman together.

Before I go into the actual movie rant, someone can enlighten me of why Gordon had to be Jokers victim? Maybe is something I missed.
>>
>>84823747

The Killing Joke would have been better if the victim wasn't James Gordon, but Robin or Batgirl.
>>
>>84823899
Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of Gordon being tortured. I just want to get why exactly him, in this occasion. I would have loved this story even if it doesn't have a clear reason.

Unfortunately, I purposely decided to watch the movie before the comic.
The prologue started okay. I like Batgirl as in "i don't see her often in animation so that's cool that she is in here" kind of way. Suddenly, the first villain wants to fuck her and she is okay with that because she will not allow that. I understand that in a more non-kid friendly batman world, people inside this universe want to fuck cape heroes. It kind of fell on the unpleasant side but oh well, they have added a innuendo and a sex scene in the last 3 years for each DC animated movie. I guess that is the "we are mature" quota. Then, Batgirl nags and complains why she even listens to Batman in the first place if she is so independent and strong already. Then, she realizes she can't hate him even if Bruce treats her indifferently because she desires him. I was like "Oh fuck, Bruce timm making TAS canon to TKJ?". But then, they drag this awkward moments, "it was just sex" and i'm like... At this point i am uncomfortable. I mean, I like to see cape heroines fucked or get fucked in my doujins or /aco/ story times (feel darkseid comic of the year), but here it doesn't help anything to what comes after.
She quits being Batgirl and TKJ happened.

Batman didn't even felt anything different after she being implied raped and shot at. If Batman was more like "I shouldn't dicked her and leave her, I should have confessed how I felt and tell her something" it would have been lame as fuck but would have justify the first act. Maybe she being implied raped and shot would be the perfect opportunity for he to take the final step of killing Joker, as a lot of people assumed that happened in the comic. Maybe not killing him specifically, but an extended dialogue about who will kill who at the end.

cont.
>>
>>84824813
But no, anything of that value was added. The scene when Batman goes to the hookers implies that Joker fuck girls constantly, so instead of going to her as usual he went to Gordon's house. Batgirl was assaulted and implied raped.
I don't mind that but if that was changed, why they didn't put weight in this? They left everything else as the comic.

I dunno /co/ I think I missed the opportunity to read a good comic story and decided to ruin it by watching this movie. I can't blame Timm because I fucking love his work overall.

At least year one and DKR were great movies.
>>
i would ram her like a 44 bullet to the spine
>>
>>84825021
The part about the hookers makes it seem that Joker went after Barbara sexually and was in it for Babs rather than Batman. The Barbara parts make no sense since the comic was supposed to be about Batman and Joker.
>>
File: 1466645725014.png (744KB, 1366x666px) Image search: [Google]
1466645725014.png
744KB, 1366x666px
>>84825044

I would ram Ram!!
>>
File: 1469212759884.jpg (105KB, 482x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469212759884.jpg
105KB, 482x392px
>>84824813

The portrayal of Barbara Gordon in the film is atrocious. Literally the work of sexist idiots trying to pander to 3rd wave feminism and failing miserably.

The whole thing of Barbara lusting after Batman is purely Bruce Timm's fap fantasy, and he has the audacity to use the 60's show as an excuse.
>>
>>84825287
Exactly. As I see it, in TKJ comic Joker assaulted Barbara but with a clear intention against his father and prove something to Batman. And if you think about it,
Joker wouldn't rape super heroines out of pleasure against them. Even in TKR doesn't seem like he sexually assaulted
Selina. But in the movie, you clearly humanized Joker by adding her pregnant wife, backstory and then the hookers scene. So yeah, people have arguments to argue that Joker raped her as it is implied, not so much in the comics as it is less believable in his intentions.
By the way, about that Batman investigating the hookers, didn't you just stated 5 seconds earlier that EVEN the mob leaders are terrified of Joker? and now some low street hookers
smirk and giggle when they talk about "having a good time"?

>>84825936
When I saw the kiss instantly reminded me of TAS. I didn't care too much back then. I mean, if you make it believable then it's fine. Even if I don't agree with it. Here, I don't know what was his intentions plot wise. It's not like Barbara was in love with Bruce like in the cartoon or anything. I really want to know the context inside the story. Outside, yeah I do believe that Timm has waifus like everyone else, maybe DC said "Barbara can't touch Dick because we already stated 3 movies ago that he is eating Tamaran pussy".

Phew, that's it. I'm gonna try not to overthink this anymore, im done with the movie. Thanks to the anons that replied.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.