[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of these characters are still relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_oauaj2je761sff0xeo1_1280.png (259KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oauaj2je761sff0xeo1_1280.png
259KB, 623x414px
How many of these characters are still relevant?
>>
>>84809272
Hulking, Wiccan and Not-Fury, but the first two are from before Alonso's time so it's pretty hilarious to see him try to take credit for them. Smarmy bastard.
>>
Wiccan and Hulkling are the only ones I even know about. What are they up to nowadays?
>>
>>84809272
The Avengers Academy characters are still relevant to me damnit!
Yes I still mad.
>>
other than the AA and YA characters. I have no idea who the fuck those are.
>>
>>84809272
Miles, and Wiccan and Hulkling to a lesser extent
>>
I don't remember Zapata Bros, Coldmoon, Dragonfire, and Raizo Todo. Like I have no idea who they are at all.

Marcus Johnson is the new Nick Fury which I'd say is a promotion

Reptil and Striker are the missing ones.
>>
>>84809272

HMMMM I wonder if Miles, the most successful of those characters by a mile, and RiRi have anything in common...

these fuckers need to start going at bendis directly and stop this dance around subtweet bullshit
>>
>>84809272

Miles is literally the only one of importance out of any of them.
>>
>>84809350
I think most of these guys are in limbo at the moment, and Wiccan and Hukling might be joining them soon.
>>
This is what happens when you simply make new diverse characters. They absolutely have to be legacies or no one will ever care about them, but Marvel is still doing the legacies disrespectfully now.

Maybe the next wave of this will be the one where they figure it out.
>>
>>84809272
I haven't read anything Marvel in a bit but isn't Marcus Johnson black Nick Fury now?
>>
Coldmoon and Dragonfire were NEVER relevent (Point One was their only appearance), they were suppose to attract Chinese players to Marvel Heroes, but I don't think they ended up in it either?

Zapata Brothers were in Deadpool and the Mercs for Money #4, apparently.

Raizo Kodo hasn't been in anything X-men 26, also the last apperence of the Zapatas before Mercs for Money
>>
>>84809272
Miles, Hulking, and Wiccan are the only ones around. Literally who at the rest of them.
>>
Man remember how awful Rawhide Kid was

https://twitter.com/wheeler/status/756877988197756928
>>
>>84809535
No that's moronic. It's that in general characters take a long time to develop a large following. Luke Cage certainly wasn't a legacy character but it took decades before he became as popular as he is now.
>>
>>84809272
>>84809535
Diversity has nothing to do with it. Most characters end up doing nothing and becoming irrelevant after 4-5 years. Once the original creator stops writing them, they get side lined and become backgrounders or death fodder for the next guy who wants to introduce his own special snowflakes.

Think of all the new mutant teams. For every Laura you have a Maggot, Sand, and Adam Xtreme. For every relevant character there are 4 or 5 randos no one remembers.
>>
>>84809649
>>84809725
I didn't mean that it was unique to diverse characters, just that the people who cry "why don't you just make a new x character instead of a legacy" don't seem to get that it won't work if you want one with prominence.
>>
>>84809272
Honestly all of the Academy Kids fit since they're all not white. and now most are fucking dead or irrelevant.
>>
>>84809787
They develop prominence over time and exposure. Black widow was C-list tops until the Avengers film came out. They don't need to be legacy characters.
>>
>>84809619
What was Rawhide Kid's deal?
>>
>>84809868
Striker was pretty white from memory
>>
>>84809919
Maaaaaybe half asian but yea, white
>>
File: 1313461154378.png (258KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1313461154378.png
258KB, 512x409px
>>84809356

It never gets any less painful
>>
>>84809883
They don't want to wait 20+ years for a character to catch on.
>>
>>84809619
>one noncanon version of the character is gay
>LGBT freaks claim him as one of theirs regardless
I hate homosexuals, they're barely even human
>>
>>84809535

No, fuck you. You just need to put effort.

Wolverine wasn't popular out of the blue. He starred in a team with established characters were readers got to know and fall in love with him, and then and only that the publisher gave him a mini to test waters and later an ongoing.

That's how you do it. You start small to gain a following and then you up the scale while not stopping to put effort in it.
>>
Andrew Wheeler is a fucking faggot, get this comics alliance shit off of /co/
>>
>>84809906
Western character from the Golden Age. Shows up occasionally in time travel stories, sort of like Marvel's version of Bat Lash. They made him gay recently.
>>
>>84809868
Finesse, Veil, Striker and Lightspeed were all white

Striker and Lightspeed were queer but that's different
>>
>>84809988
That was 30 years ago when comics were still popular. Not happening today. Just salp a legacy on them and hope their relevance lasts when they bring back the real guy.
>>
>>84810044
Wasn't Striker supposed to be Asian?
>>
>>84810084
Where the fuck did you get that idea?
>>
>>84809982
That sucks for them because that's how it works a lot of the time.
>>
>>84809272
Whor Machine can suck my dick. Fucking political correctness ruining everything.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.