[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2" SDCC FOOTAGE DESCRIPTION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

File: 1469404511422.jpg (114KB, 1000x585px) Image search: [Google]
1469404511422.jpg
114KB, 1000x585px
Scene 1

>Yondu Udonta (Michael Rooker), Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel) have been captured by the Ravagers, space pirates led by Taserface (Chris Sullivan), who is planning to surrender them to the Kree. Yondu and Rocket are locked up in a prison cell, while Baby Groot, whom Taserface considers "a harmless twig too cute to kill", gets put on a birdcage, and one of the Ravagers is ordered against poking Baby Groot's eye out.

>Baby Groot manages to escape, and Yondu calls for him to retrieve his fin, which allows him to control the Yara arrow. Baby Groot instead produces several other stolen items including a mechanical eye, an office desk and a pair of underwears, before Rocket manages to give him proper instructions. Yondu gets his fin back, and calls for his arrow, which slaughters hundreds of Ravagers in rapid succession as Jay & The Americans' "Come a Little Bit Closer" plays on the ship's speakers. During the mayhem, Baby Groot finds the Ravager that wanted to poke his eye out and throws him off of a catwalk to his death.
>>
I thought Yondou ran the Ravagers.
>>
File: 1469404793285.jpg (188KB, 585x343px) Image search: [Google]
1469404793285.jpg
188KB, 585x343px
Scene 2

>Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) and Gamora (Zoe Saldana) are standing atop an alien-looking skyscrapper, waiting for an extradimensional beast they've been hired to kill. Star-Lord notes it's weird seeing Gamora with a gun, as she usually prefers swords, but she chastises him for thinking she'd take on a monster with only a sword. As they begin to bicker, a montage follows, to Fleetwood Mac's "Break the Chain".

>Star Lord suiting up for battle.

>Drax (Dave Bautista) stranded on an alien landscape, saying "screw spaceships" under his breath as he's left behind.

>Gamora taking on the extradimensional beast with her sword after her gun is destroyed.

>Rocket firing at all sides, with Baby Groot on his shoulder.

>Drax punching organic-looking walls.

>The team meeting their newest member, Mantis (Pom Kleitmantieff).

>The team meeting their newest employer, Ayesha (Elizabeth Debicki), one of the Ancients. Rocket introduces himself, saying that Star-Lord had told him the Ancients were a bunch of "conceited jackasses", but he thinks they're cool. Star-Lord shuts him up and refers to him as a raccoon, which Rocket takes offense to. As they bicket, Star-Lord settles for calling him a "trash panda".

>Finally, as the team stands on the same alien landscape from earlier, an technological egg-like ship appears, from which comes Ego (Kurt Russell), the human manifestation of the living planet they're in. He introduces himself as Peter's father, to the team's surprise, and talks of how, out of loneliness, he made a human form for himself, so he could visit Earth and where he fell in love with Peter's mother Meredith. When asked by Drax if his human form is anatomically correct, Ego confirms "Yes, Drax. I do have a penis. And it's a pretty good one, too".
>>
>>84803497
They mutinied after he let Quill get away with the orb
>>
>meme music out the fucking ass

Sounds like a parody of the first movie
>>
>>84803520
Oh man, /tv/ is gonna have a field day with this.
>>
>>84803520
Cant wait for this to appear in the comics too ;)

Ooked on a feeling dunna duhhh XD
>>
>>84803668
Stop.
>>
File: 1l4Oi.jpg (78KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1l4Oi.jpg
78KB, 960x717px
>>84803400
>No prussian gasmask helmet

DROPPED AGAIN
>>
>>84803563
How? He had them all terrified of his whistly arrow thing.
>>
>>84804919
That's why they slapped off his mohawk you sillywilly.
You can see a fuckload of ravagers right behind him when he opens the orb, all they had to do was see the troll, sneak up on him and mutiny,
>>
LEAK WHEN
>>
>>84803520
>"Yes, Drax. I do have a penis. And it's a pretty good one, too".

Will this be a bold new meme on the level of DANCE OFF YOU AND ME?
>>
>>84804870
Of all the ways in which these movies deviate from the source why is this one so offensive to you people? The original comics didn't even have the mask part
>>
File: Ego_Prime_(Earth-616)_0001.jpg (40KB, 208x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ego_Prime_(Earth-616)_0001.jpg
40KB, 208x400px
I dunno. Egos humanoid form kinda already looks like Kurt Russel.
>>
>>84805235
Because it's the best costume in superhero comics, period.
>>
>>84805235
Because it's only natural to want a hat that sexy to appear on film.
>>
>>84805255
Deepest lore.
>>
>>84803520
>Fleetwood Mac's "Break the Chain"
Huh, more subdue song than I was expecting.
>>
What's Stallone gonna do in the movie?
>>
>>84805567
He's a Nova Corps Judge.
>>
http://www.thedevilseyes.com/2016/07/guardians-of-galaxy-vol-2-leaked-sdcc-trailer.html?m=1

This site apparently had the trailers. Leaks are out there.
>>
>>84805897
Commence searching.
>>
>>84805235
a classic case of the not muhs my friend
>>
>>84805722
>YOU BETRAYED DA LAHW
>>
>>84805235
yeah they should be complaining about a cosmic movie somehow having room for more penis jokes.
>>
>>84803520
>Ayesha (Elizabeth Debicki),
SEMEN DEMON
>>
>>84803737
Who gives a shit about /tv/? Why would you give a shit about a cancerous board that still thinks Baneposting is the height of comedy but can't stand a goddamn one-liner in a cape flick.
>>
>>84803400
>>84803520
None of this really sounds as endearing as the first movie.
>>
>>84810576
The first movie wasn't that good either.
>>
File: 1326660859792.jpg (55KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
1326660859792.jpg
55KB, 400x365px
>>84803400
>(the Guardians)
>have been captured
>>
>>84810576
Most of the good stuff in the first movie was written by Nicole Perlman
>>
>>84803668

What the fuck is meme music? Just having music in your film?

Get a fucking life /tv/
>>
>>84810576
Shh! Don't break Disney's narrative! This is going to be the most epic film ever! I AM GROOT! OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA
>>
>>84803400
>Baby Groot finds the Ravager that wanted to poke his eye out and throws him off of a catwalk to his death.
how fucking strong is mini-Groot?
>>
>>84803400
>Baby Groot instead produces several other stolen items including a mechanical eye

It's his isn't it?
>>
>>84805235
I seriously don't get why not muhs get so upset.

>RREEEEEEEE Earth-199999 differs from Earth-616. Not muh costume. Not GREEN? REEEEE He's hispanic? REEEE
>>
>>84816111
>[DC sweating intensifies]
>>
>>84813345
Not really.
>>
Fuck, did anyone actually catch the trailer before it was pulled?
>>
>>84816199
It'd be fine it the movies didn't influence changes in 616. People were fine with the first GotG being a loose adaptation but after the train wreck that's modern cosmic marvel it's hard to keep caring
>>
>>84803400
I love Mantis but the only thing I read with her was a few Avengers issues and that mini where Galactus dies iirc
>>
>>84817606
I didn't. Wasn't even aware there was a camrip.
>>
>>84803400
>>84803520
well that sounds just awful.
>>
>>84803400
>>84803520

No Nebula/Gamora hate fuck? boo obviously fake
>>
I dislike that Groot is portrayed as a dumb oaf. The "punchline" in the comics was that he was regal and intelligent, and just couldn't communicate... In the movies it seems like he's a glorified pet

I enjoyed the first one despite this, but it's still disappointing
>>
>>84818541
groot is playing the long con
>>
>>84818097
FUCK.

I don't give a shit how knee jerk the fucks around here want to hate it. If I'm going to hate it in actually going to SEE the damn thing first not act like some retard from /v/
>>
>>84818541

Groot hasn't been that since the end of DnA. He's been portrayed as a goofier Chewbacca since Bendis.
>>
>>84805722
What a waste.
He would have been a perfect Champion.
>>
>>84805235
Because it has some rad style together with the round eyed mask.
>>
>>84818541
>The "punchline" in the comics was that he was regal and intelligent, and just couldn't communicate.

That was a stupid fucking joke and you know it. On the same level of those long speaches that get translated into "go fuck yourself"
>>
>>84813345
M8, have you ever read Perlman's plot description? It was markedly different.

>Peter was an astronaut/pilot that gets shot through a wormhole and winds up in another Galaxy in the middle of an ongoing war, before being abducted by a group of escaped prisoners basically Farscape
>no Yondu, no Ravagers, no Kree, no Nova Corps, no Nebula, no Knowhere, no Collector
>focus is on the war between the Spartax and the Badoon
>Ronan isn't even a religious nut, just a goon leading Thanos' army ala Ultimate
>J'Son is Peter's father and the story was ultimately about Peter claiming his legacy as the Star-Lord of Spartax

Does that sound familiar? It should- it was the basis for Bendis' original 2013 attempt, before the movie came out and Bendis switched to aping Gunn's version.

Basically the only thing Gunn kept was the core team and the Infinity stone plot.
>>
>>84805897
Did anyone get the video? Putting up a torrent would be the best option, otherwise they'll be taken down.
>>
>>84819415
And actually I'm not even sure if the macguffin was an Infinity stone, cause Perlman's version was written when Thanos was just a mid-boss in Avengers 2 and GOTG was supposed to lead directly into it. I'm beginning to wonder if Thanos was originally just gonna be after the Tesseract again.
>>
File: 1429574520862.gif (283KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1429574520862.gif
283KB, 450x338px
>>84817979
Blame the writers, not the movies.
Believe me, with people who actually care about writing interesting stuff, you'd get cool things, more stuff that is related to comic events, and at most. more comic stuff for movies to follow, instead of comic following movies. But we're talking about this Marvel era with Quesadilla, Alonso, Bendis and Ike The Kike, so you're gonna get that and people might complain, but they aren't gonna stop it.
>>
>>84819766
Catering to casuals on a wide level almost always results in sub-par quality. The casuals don't care cause they have no real investment, and Marvel doesn't care cause it's cheap, easy and makes them money in the short term. The only ones that suffer are us, and there's too many of us that still buy the trash just to get upset about it.
>>
>>84805255
nice
>>
>>84805722
>Stallone
>Judge
I'd see this just for that if I wasn't looking forwards to Kurt Russel already.
>>
>>84818541
he's a baby, not smart like the old one
>>
Swamp Thing could grow from nothing to a full body of humanoid size in under a minute. Why doesn't Groot git gud?
>>
>>84820180
Honestly the movie sounds like it could be pretty good and I'm glad it's totally standalone. I just have to learn to stop applying any kind of a comic filter to my analysis.

And I know Gunn has read plenty of comics, especially older stuff. Probably why he's so keen to drag out characters like Ego, Taserface, Yondu, and the Collector. Hes also familiar with DnA and Bendis' work, and has said the classic Star-Lord stories are one of his favorite iterations of the character. He just doesn't seem interested in doing a particular adaptation of any story or run, instead crafting his own tales that draw from all the cosmic stuff he likes. I think we just need to stop holding him to such particular expectations.
>>
>>84820379
I have the advantage of not having read any Starlord/GotG stuff, ever.
>>
>>84820406
Heh, that definitely helps. I've maintained since the beginning that trying to do some kind of straight adaptation of our beloved GOTG v2 would have been absolutely disastrous. It leans too heavily on too much other material.
>>
>>84819415
Why are people still aping the Bendis is doing the movie meme, it's not true. Read more comics.
>>
>>84819276
>>84818541
He could communicate pre-DnA and he was interesting but once DnA got to him he became a non entity bruiser

Gunn said he based Groot on his lazy dog.
>>
>>84803520

this shit can't be right. if it is, this shit is way more cringey than the first movie
>>
>>84821319
He doesn't literally copy the movie but his early issues of GotG were absolutely based on early drafts of the movie. That's why Bug shows up in Avengers Assemble but disappears without a trace before the ongoing starts. That's why the Badoon are so important early on, but dropped in relevance after they were replaced by Sakaarans. He was modifying it as he learned more about the movie.

After Gunn started showing more stuff Bendis settled for copying only the superficial aspects since it was too late to backtrack all the stuff about J'Son.
>>
File: 1415767446356.gif (2MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1415767446356.gif
2MB, 500x213px
>>84803520

PENIS CONFIRMED PENIS CONFIRMED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkr77jE5GFY
>>
>>84821551
He could talk in the original Annihilation Conquest run, couldn't he? And wasn't that DnA?
>>
>>84803520
>"Yes, Drax. I do have a penis. And it's a pretty good one, too".

A fine line for a movie that's getting shoehorned into the Disney Theme Parks next year. Bravo Bob Chapek.
>>
>>84821929
Those early issue were also using the movie Avengers team (even more retarded since Hulk wasn't with them yet). It's quite clear Marvel wanted to use those first comics to have a TPB to sell when the movie was confirmed. That whole copying the superficial aspects is complete bullshit, if anything Gunn is starting to copy Bendis because Rocket gets angry that Quill calls him a Raccoon in that clip, something Bendis introduced.

>That's why the Badoon are so important early on, but dropped in relevance after they were replaced by Sakaarans.
The Badoons were literally the main bad guys in the last arc. Read more comics.
>>
>>84822108
He talked in Giffen's Star-Lord mini, I don't recall if he talked in the actual Conquest mini by DnA. At any rate DnA were the ones that introduced the change.

Still, I've never understood why a handful of people care so much. Groot had like 3 or 4 appearances before Giffen's 4 issues so it's not like there's some great history that DnA ruined. They just shifted him from Giffen's arrogant tank to silent tank. Its a particularly strange case of the not muhs.
>>
>>84805235
Because they're pretend comic fans who only read abnetts shit and think all cosmic should be that.
These are the same people who pretend to miss dicknova.
>>
>>84822552
>complete bullshit
>changes everybody's costume again to look like the movies (remember McNiven's were implemented when he was collaborating on early movie designs)
>gives Quill a Walkman and makes him funny again
>Guardians start breaking out of prison every few issues

As for the raccoon thing I imagine that was something that was already in the script, not something that Bendis introduced.

And I know the Badoon were in the last arc but you're ignoring my point: they were introduced as being extremely important early on, as was their war with the Spartax, but Bendis put them in the backseat for awhile when Marvel realized they didn't have movie rights to the Badoon.

Your poor attempts strawmen do not affect my point that the early issues were absolutely based on early drafts of the movie.
>>
Has anyone found the leaks yet?
>>
>>84820379
NO how dare he fuck up cosmic marvel. And by cosmic marvel I mean the months of dna cosmic shit i read and assume cosmic marvel has always been.

How dare he not pander to my nostalgia of a very short period of marvel cosmic stories because I personally like them because I refuse to read anything older than them.

This movie isn't even about the annihilators!
>>
>>84822741
>changes everybody's costume again to look like the movies
If you're talking about Quill, that was done on his solo by Sam Humphries. As a matter of fact, Bendis tries to not use Quill's movie suit often. Not even Groot looks like the movie nowadays and that's the easiest one..

>gives Quill a Walkman and makes him funny again
complete proof you don't read comics. Bendis NEVER had Quill use or talk about a walkman, the funny Quill was also started on Humphries book.

>Guardians start breaking out of prison every few issues
Only happened twice in Bendis book. the first issues (that wasn't even a prison), and the Spartax escape arc.

The Raccoon thing obviously was on the script that they started writing after Bendis book was out, do I need to remind you Rocket didn't care about the Raccoon thing in the first movie?

And I didn't ignore your point, first thing I did was adressing it so no, you don't get away with that either.
>>
>>84803520
>Kurt Russel
Already at least an 8/10.
>>
So when will we get the actual footage?
>>
>>84823072
Look up the FCBD 2014 issue. By Bendis. Original art had armored Quill, final version had movie costume. Well before Humphries even got a book.

The raccoon thing WAS in the movie but only survived to one line. Quill calls him a raccoon, Rocket asks what's a raccoon. That's the only time raccoons are mentioned in the movie.

However, if you look up interviews from 2013, Gunn discusses how Rocket is definitely not a raccoon and is likely to be offended by calling him one. This was the cause of much salt on /co/ when we heard about it because we were still pissed about in being in the comics out of nowhere. It just didn't make it to the final cut. The sequel is now doing something with it but it has nothing to do with Bendis, and was probably something in Perlman's script originally, which is what Bendis was working with when he started writing GOTG. Need I remind you that Gunn specifically told the cast not to read Bendis' comics?

And yes, you are ignoring my main point, which is that Bendis' early work was based on early drafts of the movie. I never said the Badoon never appeared again, only that they declined in relevance after they were changed to Sakaarans in the movie. I then specifically stated that he has NOT attempted to copy the plot of the movie after it came out and has only lifted superficial things since. You're fixating on technicalities and nitpicking.
>>
>>84823480
You too are fixating on nitpicking, I mean the FCBD issue? really? You do realize these comics are prepared with months in advance and Bendis is a team player with his friends right? Up until that point Bendis used his own costumes and after that, he still didn't use the movie costume until 4 issues later. It's obvious Humphries was the one who pushed for the movie costume change, him or Alonso.

And that thing about Gunn telling the cast not reading Bendis books is always taken out of context by all of you. Pratt ended that sentece clearly saying that Gunn told them not to read ANY comic. You can try to twist his words by saying Gunn told them that if they had to read anything they should read DnA, but that won't change the fact that at the end Gunn told them to not read one single comic, Bendis or otherwise.
>>
>>84823785
I am only responding to your inane prattling while continuing to reinforce my original point. So I'm going to stop altogether and, once again, get back to the basics:

>Perlman's script was about the war between the Spartax and the Badoon
>Bendis' first arc was about the war between the Spartax and the Badoon

>Perlman's origin for Quill retained the astronaut stuff
>Bendis' 0.1 retained the astronaut stuff

>Perlman's script featured J'Son as Peter's father, and Star-Lord as a Spartax title
>Bendis' early issues emphasized J'Son as Peter's father, and Star-Lord as a Spartax title

>the very first draft had Bug as a member of the team, he was dropped shortly after
>Bendis' first issue writing the GOTG (AA) had Bug as a member of the team, he was dropped shortly afterwards

Now, are you implying that this is all just happy coincidence? Or are you going to admit that Bendis based his early stuff on early drafts of the movie?
>>
>>84803520
This sounds amazing, and I hope it triggers /co/ more than the first movie did.
>>
>>84824263
you are saying all that stuff like it wasn't established in Star-Lord's canon before. Bendis using J'son, Spartax, the astronaut origin and the Badoon have nothing to do with any script from anyone. All that is and always was part of Star-Lord backstory. The fact they wanted to use that in the movie in no way means Bendis use them because of the movie. I clearly stated that the first Avengers Assemble story was done using the movie characters from both franchises in order to sell the TPB when the movie was announced, did they used the concepts of the movie (Bug being on the team mainly) in the AA story? Yes, they did. That, in no way means Bendis was copying anything afterwards. The more he advanced his stories, the more he distanced from the movies, but of course none of that will ever be admitted by you because your hateboner for Bendis is too big to see.
>>
>>84824263
>>84824819
Are we sure this isn't just Bendis/the JIDF?
>>
>>84824819
>you are saying all that stuff like it wasn't established in Star-Lord's canon before

I am doing no such thing. There are some clear discrepancies you are glossing over, however...

>Bendis using J'son, Spartax, the astronaut origin and the Badoon have nothing to do with any script from anyone. All that is and always was part of Star-Lord backstory.

Not true. NASA and Jason, yes. However the Badoon were never enemies of Sparta, in the old stories it was the Ariguan. In fact, it was JASON of SPARTA. "J'Son" and "Spartax" suddenly appeared, under Bendis, at the same time the concept was being retrofitted for use in the movie.

You are also conveniently ignoring the fact that Star-Lord was a title bestowed on Quill by the master of the Sun, not a titled used by his father's empire.

Additionally, there is the matter of none of this stuff being relevant to Quill's adventures in 616 prior to the movie starting development.

>The fact they wanted to use that in the movie in no way means Bendis use them because of the movie.

Anon, Bendis has practically admitted this. He was a consultant for the MCU. McNiven briefly worked on concepts for the movie. And you still think the movie in no way informed Bendis' extremely similar take on the comics? That it's just coincidence?

>I clearly stated that the first Avengers Assemble story was done using the movie characters from both franchises in order to sell the TPB

Precisely. Another example of early attempts at movie synergy.

>The more he advanced his stories, the more he distanced from the movies,
but of course none of that will ever be admitted by you

Excuse me? I've already agreed with you on this. We are talking about the earliest stages of his tenure here.

>because your hateboner for Bendis is too big to see

Nowhere in any of my posts have I expressed my opinions on the quality of Bendis' work. I am only stating facts about what informed his earliest stories. You can like Bendis' material and see this.
>>
>>84825118
It can't be Bendis because Bendis knows full-well that he only took the gig because a movie was in development and that early movie drafts influenced his early stories for the GOTG.
>>
>>84803668
>It took five posts for the first idiot to parrot a word we doesn't understand
You kids are getting slower
>>
>>84825483
>Anon, Bendis has practically admitted this.
Okay then, show me where he admitted this. I don't want your interpretations of what he said, I want a quote where he clearly admitted this.

And since you apparently have a copy of Perlman script you could also point to show me that too since you're convinced "J'son" and "Spartax" are things Perlman invented.

I'm not ignoring anything that changed from Quill's original story to Bendis story, it's called adaptation. Bendis didn't use the original story as it was, he used concepts and adapted them for his use. That's why the Master of the sun is gone.
>>
>>84827056
Lol, and yet you literally just said that

>all that is and was a part of Star-Lord backstory

You've been cornered, multiple times over. I don't know why you're being so stubborn about it. I never said it like it was something bad, but it's far too big of a coincidence for you to keep ignoring. No amount of squirming on your part can change the facts.

Actually, you know what anon? I'm sure you're right. I'm sure Bendis TOTALLY reached all of the SAME conclusions about retrofitting Quill's origin WHILE he and McNiven were consultants on the movie BEFORE Gunn was brought on board and rewrote the script so that it barely resembled either Perlman's script or Bendis' newly-minted ongoing.

Yep, just honest coincidence.
>>
>>84827395
Just like you were cornered plenty of times.

And since you failed to provide any proof, it's safe to asume your argument is completely based on conjecture.

Very well then
>>
>>84803400
>>84803520
It sounds good and definitely has Gunn's fingerprints all over it.

I hope it doesn't pass over to the comics, though. The film worked because Gunn knew how to put a genuine emotional centre behind the quips and dick jokes. The comics are best doing their own thing. It's a shame that Marvel plans so much based on synergy.
>>
>>84827668
Except mine isn't based on conjecture, I just can't be arsed to do all your homework while I'm on mobile. I've pointed you in the right direction multiple times. You can check letters pages in early issues, answers on Bendis' tumblr, interviews with Gunn, early storyboards, the GOTG art book, etc. Some light googling will tell you everything you need to know. You can choose to remain ignorant and continue to assume it's conjecture (for the sake of saving face in an anonymous argument) or, if you want to actually learn something, you can find out for yourself. I really don't care at this point.

Your only argument, however, is "It's coincidence, Bendis just happened to reach the exact same conclusions!" You have given me literally NOTHING but conjecture. Can you point me in the right direction anon? Can you give me something to go on? I'd love to do some homework and be proven wrong.
>>
>>84805897
>>84819521

Why are Marvel not releasing the footage from their panels, anyway? DC released the Justice League tease pretty much immediately.
>>
>>84828108
So the people who paid to be there feel extra special
>>
>>84828108
Because they're playing the long con. Like a year or two ago when they weren't involved with SDCC at all, but rather had their own media event later, to promote Civil War and their other upcoming films. They don't want to play on the same court. They want their own spotlight.

In a few weeks or less, they'll release all their trailers on youtube, stealing DC's thunder yet again.
>>
File: image.png (11KB, 652x113px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11KB, 652x113px
>>84828003
>Can you point me in the right direction anon? Can you give me something to go on?
Okay then, I'll give you a picture and a link to an interview where Bendis explicitly says he isn't imitating the movie (contrary to your imaginary interview where he apparently admitted he's just following the movie). Who should I believe, Bendis himself or your baseless conjecture?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pick-a-civil-war-ii-side-while-grounded-on-earth
>>
>>84828808
>entire argument is about connection between early drafts and early stories in 2013
>half the basis of my argument is AGREEING WITH YOU that he's no longer following the early drafts or the finished movie AND HASN'T SINCE THE MOVIE RELEASED
>thinking a quote from a couple months ago about a currently ongoing event is in any way relevant when everything I'm arguing about concerns material an interviews released in 2013 and 2014

What the fuck is the matter with you?
>>
>>84829052
funny you say that because this is what you posted in your first answer

>After Gunn started showing more stuff Bendis settled for copying only the superficial aspects since it was too late to backtrack all the stuff about J'Son.
Implying Bendis still wanted to copy Gunn.

But hey if you're admitting the Bendis is doing the movies meme is no longer valid and only spouted by people who don't read comics then fine by me. We're okay.
>>
I can't tell who won the fight
>>
>>84829428
No, I'm saying that if Bendis had access to Gunn's final script before he started writing GOTG he likely wouldn't have made J'Son and Spartax so important because they had never been relevant in 616 before the movie entered production an started toying with them. Jason had exactly one 616 appearance pre-Bendis and it was before Quill's place in 616 had even been solidified, it can't even be worked into the canon anymore.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>84809943
DO NOT SEXUALIZE DEBICKI
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.