[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to say that the movie is too mean towards prince John.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Princejohn07.jpg (28KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
Princejohn07.jpg
28KB, 400x270px
I have to say that the movie is too mean towards prince John. He's way too pathetic and non-threatening to justify the way he's shat on, especially since the sheriff is the proper villain. It's not even like John is enabling the villainy performed by his servants, it's not made evident that he holds any real authority as his own men don't seem to respect him. The sheriff and the guards are terrorising the commoners of their own accord, in the case of the sheriff not even for monetary gain but because he appears to enjoy being a dick (he even sets John's castle on fire to kill just one man). It's almost obscene, the sheriff justifies his pointless, pleasure-driven terror by dumping the useless excess to the child-like prince John who doesn't understand the purpose of money (he doesn't spend it on luxuries, he literally sleeps with it).
>>
>>84779417
>He's way too pathetic and non-threatening
I saw the movie again on Netflixa while back. While he's clearly immature, and seems ineffectual at first, he has moments of cunning at times, that make the heroes who get sloppy of underestimate him unexpectedly get into deep shit. The most prominent examples were, I would say, the Archery competition, when he deduces that the Stork is Robin Hood without Hiss telling him, and without actually seeing Robin Hood under the costume the way Hiss did. And later, he's ruthless enough that he starts taxing the Nottingham peasants enough that they get arrested for not being to pay it, and has them all imprisoned. Ultimately, he may have been a big baby, but he got everything that was coming to him.
>>
>>84779518
Think back to the beginning of the movie. It opens with Prince John being scammed and humiliated by bandits, which leads him to unleashing the sheriff upon them. He's not given the chance to act prior to this, even the narrator picks sides against him. The idea that prince John is awful and unjust is derived from biased accounts by characters who haven't met him before, and what follows is John attempting to retaliate for the endless ridicule and actual crimes commited against him (why isn't anyone mad at Robin for creating this mess?!). He has an excuse, but the sheriff's unrestrained cruelty and violence has none.

>when he deduces that the Stork is Robin Hood
(People who think like) Children are quick to see the obvious.
>>
>>84779417
Him being a pathetic loser doesn't stop the fact that he's a selfish prick.
>>
>>84779903
One of his first lines is talking about how he schemed with Hiss to usurp the throne from his brother.
>>
>>84780099
The Lionheart was one of the worst kings in this nation history, fuck the church for writing him as a good king, not to say John was much better though.
>>
>>84780099
Consider that one of the romanticised qualities of the protagonists of the movie is revolutionary behavior and defying authorities. At the same time, the movie doesn't provide the audience with enough context to infer whether John was an exceptionally bad ruler or not. John's greatest sin is that he's illegitimate, unlike Richard who only makes such a brief appearance that he's able to dodge criticism (although he is actually at fault for having been absent).
>>
File: robinalternate.png (934KB, 795x590px) Image search: [Google]
robinalternate.png
934KB, 795x590px
>>84779417
>non-threatening
Someone didn't have a peek at the alternate ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULpcSWqC3TA
>>
So NOW you realize this Disney classic is overrated garbage?

Glad you finally dropped these nostalgia glasses.

>>84782047

This movie would be better with that ending! what stopped them?! Or who?
>>
>>84779417
So just like real life, then.
>>
>>84782226
>what stopped them?! Or who?
The eternal anglo strikes again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.