[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: photo11895458.jpg (46KB, 398x562px) Image search: [Google]
photo11895458.jpg
46KB, 398x562px
How was it?
>>
Heard there was a sex scene
>>
>>84779206
ok, pretty good
>>
File: 3I7bMkF.gif (299KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
3I7bMkF.gif
299KB, 448x256px
>>84779206
i feel that the killing joke is supposed to be about batman and jokers relationship. but instead the 40 first minutes is about batgirl.
This was a batgirl movie not a batman or joker one.
I guess it's because SJWs would be pissed otherwise. But those guys are pissed anyways because of that retarded sex scene
>>
Really bad. The new content is unnecessary, feels really disjointed next to the actual story, and just isn't entertaining. That's all without getting into the discussion over the Bruce/Babs sex, which is frankly unnecessary to discuss because there are enough other problems with this movie without delving into ship wars.

So then we get to the story proper and it's just as bad. The animation isn't great. If you've seen the trailers, you know it's not great. If you can sit through that, well then you get to move onto the next problem: the dialogue isn't delivered very well either. There are some decent hits from Hamill, but everyone's delivery feels strangely rushed and like a first or second read-through rather than end-product quality. This is a comic people have pored over and discussed and dissected to death and debated over the intent of characters, yet we just get workman delivery all over the place. What the fuck? Conroy especially just sounds like he's reading his lines rather than emoting, not very good. And THEN if you can get past all those stylistic issues you get to the meat of it which has also miraculously been butchered. All the subtlety and nuance of Moore's dialogue is instead butchered into text as they feel the need to pad the living shit out of it in order to justify the film length. Plus the extremely iconic last page has been butchered (the flashlight part of the ending has been excised completely amongst other things) and the whole execution just feels poor. The ridiculously poorly conceived addition of prostitutes discussing Joker visiting them also makes me wonder what the fuck they were thinking and why Timm, Azzarello, et al seem to have some weird sexual hangups they decided to air with this adaptation.

I thought All-Star Superman was a mediocre adaptation, but this is just an outright bad one. It's baffling just how bad it is.
>>
>>84779206
Batman turns out to be some sort of grooming pedophile.
>>
>>84779206
bad.

but youre not allowed to say so
>>
>>84779206
batgirl hits a man shes never met because he told his girlfriend he needed space
>>
I liked it but it seems like /co/ didn't. Not surprised really.

Which of the other DC animated films are good? The only other ones I've watched are Under the Red Hood and Year One. Doesn't have to just be batman. Which one is their best film?
>>
Loved it.
>>
Copying and pasting from another thread:

I just came back from a screening of this in Australia.

It was alright. The entire first act is new, the Joker doesn't appear at all until heaps of new stuff.
Lots of iconic lines were missing, but the dialogue was for the most part good. Great voice performances across the board, obviously.
They made a big deal about the music (the post-credits thing was literally just a 5 minute jerkoff session about how amazing the music is) but it didn't seem so great to me. Fine, but unremarkable.
The nudity was entirely omitted. I mean, you saw a bit of flesh when she was naked but her nipples and butt were not shown, and the commissioner's penis was also never seen. I was a little frustrated by this - the whole point it was supposed to be true to the comic with nothing held back, but they ended up pulling some punches.

As for the two more famous ambiguities in the comic:
Barbara's rape is more heavily implied by the inclusion of a scene where prostitutes discuss how weird it is that he never visited after breaking out of Arkham, because it's usually his first spot. They say he must've found another woman.
Batman killing the Joker is more heavily implied by the fact that as the camera pans down from both of them laughing, the Joker's laugh stops abruptly and Batman's continues a while longer.

I'd probably go a 6/10. Any of you seen it yet? What did you think? Also happy to answer any questions.
>>
>>84781917

crisis on 2 earths is one of my favorites
>>
>>84782346

I did. It thought it was all right
>>
>>84781917
My favorite is New Frontier.
Cliche, I know.
>>
>>84781917

I liked Flashpoint a lot.

All Star Superman is probably my favourite animated Superman.

Most of the Batman films that don't feature Damian are great (still pissed that Court of Owls was ruined by Damian).
>>
>>84782521
The worst part of that film was Dick getting his ass handed to him by both Damian and the Court of Owls.
>>
>>84782521
>Most of the Batman films that don't feature Damian are great (still pissed that Court of Owls was ruined by Damian).
fuck you cunt
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.