[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bojack Horseman Season 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 540
Thread images: 63

File: You're a good person.png (722KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
You're a good person.png
722KB, 1000x1000px
Just more Anons getting depressed over a talking, 1200 lb horse and his zany friends.

And it's great.
>>
BoJack did nothing wrong. Besides everything.
>>
>>84778661
Fuck Todd.
Who do you blame for being a fuck up /co/?
>>
he's going to kill himself at some point right
>>
>>84778736
That would be a pretty cop out ending to be honest and I would like to hope this show's writers are better then that.
>>
Bojack is a horrible person that deserves every bad thing that happens to him and worse. Every choice he makes is the wrong one and he does it intentionally. He's a blackhole of sadness and depression and will suck in everyone and everything around him. He's more ass than horse.
>>
>>84778736
It would be too easy.
>>
Let's real talk for a second. Can you really not blame his entire upbringing for the horrible life he has now? I mean imagine if the exact same life happened to you. How well do you think you'd turn out?
>>
I really want to know where the production team finds such fitting music for the show. The song that played at the end of Episode 12 is fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTm6bGOT7Wc
>>
>>84778779
Letting one aspect of your childhood define you is pathetic and just an excuse.
>>
>>84778779
I blame the unsafe attachment he formed with his mother in his first year of life.
Read about it, that shit can fuck you up good.
Also, the gay friend who put him in the Horsing around show was also quite the asshole.
>>
>>84778730
You guys i guess

My psychologist says I am not able to see the positives of anything. And I am self critical of how everything could be done better
>>
>>84778661
Fairly sure horse-people aren't actually as heavy as real horses.

Bojack is probably 300lbs at most (his/their heads probably add a lot of weight compared to humans).
>>
File: 1454467033028.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1454467033028.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
Just finished the last episode of season 3. I got to say, it's another hit, probably the best so far. I just wonder why I watch this show, now I feel depressed. Bojack's character feels too real to me. We can all identify with Bojack and his self destructive attitude and I believe that's what makes this show so great. We feel for Bojack because maybe we have a bit of Bojack in ourselves. Now we return to our horrid and wait for season 4. Can't wait to start the depressive cycle again.
>>
>>84778824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1m_ZMO7GU
I was the avoidant baby.
>>
>>84778830
Sorry anon.
>>
>>84778893
It's alright, remember to check this on you too
>>
>thought I was like bojack
>turns out I'm really more of a diane
>>
>>84778830
Stop visting 4chan, it's not funny may mays or edgy teen shit anymore. We're a bunch of depressed assholes comforting other depressed assholes. Life is better without 4chan
>>
>>84778838
I think he canonically doesn't have a horse sized dick so I can't imagine he weighs as much as a real horse. That being said early on he did say it takes a lot more beer for him to get drunk due to his size.
>>
File: 1468301462136.gif (755KB, 312x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468301462136.gif
755KB, 312x281px
>things falling apart through no fault of his own like kelsey's movie and the oscar nomination
>hyperventilating and trying to sabotage things because they might fail
>Bojack's mom telling him he's broken
>"It's you"
I just don't know anymore man
>>
File: Congratulations, Carolyn!.png (190KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations, Carolyn!.png
190KB, 800x600px
I really want Bojack to end up with her. Especially after this season. She's the only person besides Diane that really knows him and understands what he's been through. She wouldn't let him wallow in self pity or put an unhealthy amount of blame on other people when he starts to go off the deep end. He, when he doesn't let himself get caught up in ego and depression, has the capacity to be fatherly. To truly be kind, and honest with her when she wants to fall back into her bad habits of trying to fix everyone but herself.

They've already set up the possibility, but they still have to work through their issues on their own before they'd even be willing to truly try.

It's the only way I can see how they'd scrape out a mildly happy ending from the depressing wreckage that is this season. Right back at the beginning of the show in the broadest sense of the word, but with everyone understanding that they're not perfect, they're not incredibly special, they're not free from flaws.
>>
>>84779021
codependency is a bad thing anon. If you honestly think they are good together you have a shitty world view lad
>>
File: 1458827057245.jpg (23KB, 490x326px) Image search: [Google]
1458827057245.jpg
23KB, 490x326px
>>84778830
There are no positives to anything in this world. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Anything that is going well will eventually not go well. Everyone that is having a good time will degenerate into a bad time, because that is how things are.

Money cannot help us escape ourselves, as Bojack Horseman shows. Nothing can help us escape ourselves. We only see the cold and harsh reality of life if we truly choose to accept it.

You and me. We know what this place is really like. We are not deluded.
>>
>>84778973
>I know that I'm a Diane since she hid in Bojacks house for months pretending to still be at the war zone for Mr. Peanut Butter
>I'm also that person that at first seems to have her shit together
Feels bad.
>>
>>84778993
Hell, even with just the head (and neck) being different, horse-men's hearts would have to be way bigger and pump way more blood than a human's would, just to keep them from constantly passing out whenever they're in any position other than laying horizontal on the ground.

...well, shit, I just started rewatching from the first season, I'm on the first episode, and Bojack JUST said he weighs 1200 lbs.

HOW. Is he made out of molybednum or something?
>>
>>84778661
This show had two of the best Batman actors in it.
Brave and the Bold Batman
Lego Batman
>>
>>84779059
Go to sleep Asriel.
>>
>>84778812
"One aspect" is not the case. It was decades of abbuse
>>
I feel like Diane and Bojack are gonna get together at some point. Would it work out?
>>
>>84779130
Having a mean mother saying mean things to you when you're a kid doesn't justify you being a shit when you're 50.
>>
>>84778812
>childhood
She tried to drown him in the tub at 22!
>>
So was Ernie unable to find any horse children?
>>
>>84778812
I'm glad you didn't grew up in an abusive household anon.
>>
>>84779169
Maybe it's a gag.
>>
>>84779159
I get the sense that the only things she's ever said to him have been mean.
>>
File: Bojack Horseman in a nutshell.png (691KB, 1382x1665px) Image search: [Google]
Bojack Horseman in a nutshell.png
691KB, 1382x1665px
I want Bojack to have a Near Death esperience.
as he's having it I want him to hear two voices.
Herb's and Sarah Lynn's.
Herb telling him to do everyone a favor and just die while Sarah Lynn begs him to keep living.
>>
>>84778973
I see what you did there.
>>
>>84778985
This.

I realized that when I stopped obsessively reading every post about my hobbies, I enjoyed them much more.

If you want to enjoy comics, don't read about them on social media. Video games, tabletop games, food, music. Just enjoy what you enjoy, social media is like having Bojack give an opinion. Its poison.
>>
>>84779228
>sarah Lynn
>giving even the slightest fuck
>>
>>84779059
To be fair, most of the problems with the characters is:
1) Lack of self-actualization, all of them are looking for purpose or a sense of greater satisfaction.
2) Lack of distraction, with the exception of PC every one of them have a huge amount of time on their hands on any given day with which they either make stupid decisions or stew in their own bullshit.

Hollywoo life is what ruins them all.
>>
So what's up with Bojack having a daughter?
>>
>>84779078
No remember that PC was able to throw him around.

She must be Hulk tier.
>>
Alright I just finished the last episode then, watched 6 episodes yesterday and 6 today, so I'll just do a bit of a ramble while it's fresh in my mind. I probably should have rewatched the first two seasons because there were a few characters I didn't remember too well (i.e the rabbit working with Gecko). I thought it was great just like the first two seasons, the right balance of melancholy. I hope the show ends next season though (haven't looked at any news so maybe they aren't even doing one, not really sure) because it's starting to get a little too much in a loop (even though that's the point of Bojack fucking up). Also Sarah Lynn dying, which I think was a good thing to do to make stuff more real. The show is really good at making you binge watch it as well by having perfect endings ("No", "Sarah Lynn", etc. They didn't really focus on Bojack's parents or anything which I think could've been good but they did a fair amount of that in S2 so it's understandable. Overall really solid, the writers are great at being consistent but I'm glad they took a chance with some of the things in this season because they were great.
Also I know episode 4 was deliberately intended to be one of those "classic" episodes (which normally annoys me) but they did it brilliantly.
I thought I had a few images saved from the last season's threads so I was going to post one of those but I might have deleted them, rip.
>>
>>84779255
You don't go on a colossal lethal bender with someone you don't give a fuck about
>>
>>84779295
Countless sexual partners, It was bound to happen.
>>
File: tmp_24091-146619113569386628650.png (286KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24091-146619113569386628650.png
286KB, 540x404px
Post yfw http://youtu.be/GpIrMnVd5l8 started playing.
>>
>>84779255
To be fair, at the end of the bender she was sort of at the same place he's at where they want to actually turn their lives around and do something useful.

Her last words were "I want to be an architect" after all, and prior to that she was musing about college. The bender and seeing where Bojack ended up made her want to be better, and also took away her chance at it. Like a Twilight Zone ending of an episode Rod wrote while really depressed or pissed off at someone.
>>
>>84779311
Sure she cares but she'd still tell him to eat a dick
>>
>>84779295
Remember early on when he said he's given women lots of money for abortions over the years, and never really followed through on if they did it or not?
>>
>>84779295
he's had a ton of unprotected sex and paid for several abortions without confirming they went through.
He's got bastards by the boatload
>>
>expecting Rudabega to have an affair with Gekko
>it's an actual business partnership

Color me surprised.
>>
>>84778736
The show will run for nine seasons and end with Bojack dying in hospital from "not being loved enough".
>>
Anyone else think the series is going to end with Bojack doing something to get away from Hollywoo again, getting into a situation where he faces death, realizes how stupid he has been his whole life and finally gets it, but end up dying in an accident of some sort
>>
>>84779336
I disagree.
I honestly think she'd want him to live.
>>
>>84779363
fuck off Padme
>>
>>84779346
Same, I was waiting for that.
Also the payoff to the earlier part where the manatee recorded him saying Secretariat was CGI, because Ana just said "I took care of it" and nothing really happened.
>>
>>84779346
They're the good guys, anon.
>>
>>84779400
I don't disagree but it isn't in her character to 'beg[s] him to keep on living'
>>
>>84779346
The two are exactly what the main cast would look like if they got their shit together.

I think the entire purpose of that is to show that none of the characters are past the point of no return, making the tragedy to come even greater. A lot of the theme of the season was pulling the rug out from under everyone, and making there be no excuses for their bullshit. Diane is still painfully without a purpose because she can't come up with a job for herself, Princess is still thriving on something she hates because it gives her a sense of purpose and is unwilling to give up the game regardless of being very aware of what she loses by playing it, Bojack is still meandering emotionally from thing to thing and not learning any lessons, Peanutbutter doesn't have his life figured out because he's been shown to be very emotionally fragile despite his relaxed attitude and general friendliness which is why I relate heavily to him , and Todd is still a complete mess unwilling to stick to anything or secure his life while shrugging off everything other than his own sense of having been wronged.
>>
Ethan kills Bojack, calling it now
>>
>>84779429
She wouldn't beg, more like she'd be all "Don't you even Fucking think of dying yet Bojack!"
>>
>>84779021
I would like that but it feels like if they were going to do it they needed to lay more of the groundwork this season instead of push them further apart.
>>
>>84779429
More like Herb giving him shit for every fucked up thing he's done, while she gives excuses and points to him at least trying.

Even better, if they play it that way it comes across as something that could have just been his own normal thought process in a delirious state thinking he's talking to them. Herb could be explained as his own self-hatred and guilt, she is his happier thoughts when he tries to make himself feel better, and in the end it can be argued he's still the same regardless.
>>
>>84779159
The problem is that it lasts well into his 20s, which causes him to be fucked up in his 20s and make his life worse, which spirals from there. How is he ever supposed to recover when he's been fucked up from the start? He tries and tries but can never stop it.
>>
>post yfw
Captain still dies
and Mr. stops being nice
>>
>Shark fin
>White rhino horn

Holy shit, that'd be like having "Mexican pinky" and "Thai nose" as smoothie ingredients.

She's fucking evil!
>>
File: 1467609489354.png (158KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1467609489354.png
158KB, 417x405px
>>84779501
>not taking thai nose
>>
>>84779469
>More like Herb giving him shit for every fucked up thing he's done, while she gives excuses
This is in character. Points for trying is a little off but making excuses is both technically supportive and in line with her standard actions.
>>
File: terter.jpg (254KB, 1303x727px) Image search: [Google]
terter.jpg
254KB, 1303x727px
Okay, so the painting looks like her in the nightie in the opening.

The painting of her above her bed was the drowning of a female character in Hamlet as foreshadowing, what's this one?
>>
>>84779494
Ooh ohh

>Mr. wants to raise his nephews
>Diane doesn't want to take care of kids
>They fight over this
>This is what tips Diane over the edge and she shits on her husband on the mouse girl's website
>This compromises Mr. Peanutbutter's chances of becoming the mayor

They'll be so miserable, I'm excited!
>>
>>84779501
Did you not see the chicken episode?
>>
>>84779530
I'd fame it like this.

"That's an excuse, Bojack!"
"Well at least he's trying, unlike you were!"
"I died of cancer! That's not a lack of trying!"
"Sounds like an excuse to me. Lots of people survived cancer, like that guy who played The Hulk!"

Then you que a joke about there being three Hulk actors, with the punchline being a Ruffalo=Buffalo pun.
>>
>>84779541
So at what point during all of this does she fuck Bojack.
>>
>>84779471
it's a Nature vs Nurture Debate and they seem to be leaning towards Nature (You were Born Broken, It's just YOU)
But at the same time people Theorize that the Nature argument in an attempt to make people more easy to catagorize and subsequently blame for their actions and the two people saying it have reason to Deflect blame (Bojack's mother for putting him through hell for more than 20 years and Todd for trying to avoid redhead's affections with a side of being just about as horrible of a person as Bojack is)
>>
>>84779535
Temple is Jewish church
>>
File: rstertaer.png (1MB, 1299x729px) Image search: [Google]
rstertaer.png
1MB, 1299x729px
>>84779535
>>
>>84779569
Herb didn't die of cancer, he crashed his car and got covered in something he was deathly allergic to IIRC
>>
>>84779581
What if he was born damaged but fixable and then his parents' abuse solidified his brokenness and prevented him from being capable of fixing himself?
>>
I felt like teasing us with sarah lynn in the motel and then actually doing it cheapened it.
>>
>>84779597
that's the third option, that people are born with certain natures but the right/wrong upbringing can save/ruin them
>>
>>84779593
Yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the painting, not the dialogue.

However, I think the flowers are poppies. Besides poppies being connected to opium, they are also symbolic of death, more specifically a restful or peaceful death.
>>
>>84779609
I thought it was perfect. Her dying in the drug run was sort of cliche and a forgone conclusion at this point. The fakeout gave people a chance to think it was a gag before the real hit later.
>>
>>84779609
I don't think it was teasing per say. More like representative of just how tired she was.

You go too long without sleep, you really can go into a silent cardiac arrest and die. Suddenly getting a full nights sleep doesn't suddenly reverse the effects either, if you go too long without sleep it can take months of regular sleep before your body returns to normal. Permanent damage can still be present though. We don't know how she was sleeping during the bender.
>>
>>84779640
It was such an obvious double fake out though, the second she woke up I knew she'd be dead by the end of the episode. The planetarium scene didn't even really hit me that hard because of it.
>>
File: 546547635756.jpg (277KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
546547635756.jpg
277KB, 1024x743px
>>84779595
>>84779627
This is the original, it's called "The Birthday" by Marc Chagall
>>
>>84779660
It was never going to hit hard. Ever. If you didn't see the drug bender start and immediately think oh, she's dead isn't she then the fake out wasn't for you.
>>
>>84779676
>It was never going to hit hard. Ever.
Well obviously not if you read the posts people are making in these threads, clearly a lot of people felt like it hit them hard.

>If you didn't see the drug bender start and immediately think oh, she's dead isn't she then the fake out wasn't for you.
It was obvious from the start of the bender which is exactly why the fakeout was terrible, it was some attempt to be clever and throw people off knowing what was going to happen but it was all so obvious.
>>
BOJACK KILLS
>>
>>84778754
>Every choice he makes is the wrong one and he does it intentionally.
Season 3 episode 4
>>
File: 1465935860086.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1465935860086.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>84779724
the foreshadowing in this show is fucking brutal tbqh i'll be generally surprised if the daughter who calls doesn't get involved in s4
>>
>Banging the feminism out of hypocritical trollops.

That's our BoJack!
>>
>>84779744
you mean the episode that started with him making bad choices that led to an adventure with a baby he only met because of a bad choice?
>>
>>84779754
She'll definitely be in it but I wouldn't be surprised if its just a tiny bit at the end. I mean, look at all the Jill Pill hype.
>>
>>84779812
What part of him meeting the baby was a bad choice? The only part of the meeting that was Bojack's fault was that he fell asleep on the bus instead of getting off sooner and that isn't a choice.
>>
>>84779812
But he didn't ONLY make bad choices. He could have left the baby.
>>
File: 1469350871717.gif (210KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1469350871717.gif
210KB, 612x612px
>>84779758
Is bojack going to die or is he going to fix his shit?

Will he even have anyone left in his life to witness either?
>>
Who voiced The Closer?
>>
>>84779758
its a fucking shame she's the best feminist in the show and yet won't get recognition on how a feminist character should be, a person who happens to be a feminist and not just her sole character
>>
>>84779854
>implying baby seahorses don't get left on buses all the time
>implying our pure oceans aren't over run with the fuckers
>implying "muh gubmint" isn't the only reason these "gimmie dat" seahorses don't keep having so many kids

He should have left the baby. It was going to end up on the governments dime anyway.
>>
File: blow choice.png (245KB, 484x325px) Image search: [Google]
blow choice.png
245KB, 484x325px
So what's /co/'s stance on abortion?

He'll have himself. Just like everybody does.
>>
>>84779871
Sounded like whoever voices Mallory Archer.
>>
>>84779871
sounded like Malory Archer's VA though i could be wrong
>>
>>84779879
Shit, as far as im concerned theres only one stance on abortion. Acorns arent trees.
>>
>>84779878
Funny thing, its clearly meant to be a joke about a single father raising kids. Which the stereotype you're parodying is supportive of, since they take a hardline stance on the issue of women always getting custody over men.
>>
>>84779893
Well, there's the Libertarian approach which is "Nobody has the right to say no" and/or "You can't write a fair law that covers all the situations on such a complex issue".

Interestingly enough, Hillary's VP pick has the former stance. He's against abortion on a personal level but believes the government has no right to forbid it or provide obstacles for it.
>>
>>84779879
if you're stupid enough to get pregnant you should have to raise your stupid ugly baby as punishment. Only time abortion is okay imo is if they baby is going to be a retard and you can tell or if you were raped.

>haha yeah dude cum in my vagina it's cool I'll just scrape my walls tomorrow BRAP BRAP KILL DAT FETUS
>>
File: venture_ep029_008.jpg (104KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
venture_ep029_008.jpg
104KB, 1080x608px
>>84778661
Felt like Venture Brothers Season 3.

Very enjoyable, balanced evenly among cast members, and well-written, but its consistency prohibits the memorable absurd highs of its predecessors.
>>
>>84779940
lol
>>
Wait. They had a yearlong bender? She managed to write a song in the middle of it?
>>
>>84779967
no she wrote a song for the nazi who played yahtzee
>>
I don't know if we takes about this before but who was the horse girl trying to get a hold of Bojack from PC in the last episode? Was she someone important?
>>
>>84779940
See, I can poke holes in that because no birth control method is 100% safe. Sperm can exist inside the vagina for weeks, meaning having sex on the period isn't safe. Condoms can have holes not visible to the human eye. Birth control pills...well, same thing with the sperm surviving until the next fertility cycle.

Sex in general is never really completely safe. Only wizards and the sterile are free from pregnancy risk. Or, you know, just stick to butt stuff. But at that point you may as well go gay and be completely safe.
>>
>>84779501
>She's fucking evil!

This show has cannibalism up the turd hole.

Deal with it.

Or better yet, resent the creators for not including non-sentient animals
>>
>>84779996
Implied to be his daughter from one of the times he just paid for someone telling him she was pregnant ended in him giving them money for an abortion and forgetting about it, never checking to see if they went through it.
>>
>>84779879
>aol-time-warner-pepsico-viacom-haliburton-skynet-toyota-trader joe's records
>>
>>84780018
Calm down dude, that was a mirthful explanation point. Not outrage.
>>
>>84780020
Oh well that makes more sense and ties back to past episodes

Tbh I don't want her to be in season 4, it's bad enough that Bojack fucks up his friends life but fucking up his daughters life would be even worse
>>
File: u r horse.png (263KB, 544x405px) Image search: [Google]
u r horse.png
263KB, 544x405px
>tfw you genuinely thought the reflective ad was a good idea

Man, I'd never make it in Hollywoo.

JK was fabulous during this scene btw.
>>
>>84780150
I didn't realize it was for billboards. Yeah I guess I'm bad at marketing.
>>
>>84779865
Anon, BoJack wants to famous and loved.

He despises other though, mostly because he's afraid they'll find out what an utter scumbag he is.

Nothing would make him more satisfied than to pass on peacefully after some kind of emotional or biological high, separate from anyone who could potentially ruin that for him

Iris out and all that.
>>
>>84780150
to be fair it would have worked better as small mirrors and they could have picked a different one for billboards, if anyone was wrong here its the person who thought running with one idea was
>>
>>84780150
I thought the reflective idea was gonna be like a poster to put into a movie theater, there it would have made sense not in a fucking billboard sign.

Not to mention how broke are they that they can only choose one ad and have to use it in every medium of advertisement
>>
>>84780150
Something like the version Bojack initially was holding is a good idea, obviously it doesn't work for a billboard though.
>>
>>84780134
I don't know, they've done a good job subverting expectations after building them.

As a callback to another episode and a subverting, he turns out to be a great father figure for someone who he can really help, but pushes her away out of fear and shame for his past experiences as a father figure, some building of his father through flashbacks and showing some of the same behaviors as him, and something of his own actions coming back and biting him in the ass. Like her step-father having a restraining order against him from something in the 2000's.
>>
>>84778860
We fetishize sadness.

The lesson of Bojack is to move on from Bojack.
>>
>>84779075
>>I'm also that person that at first seems to have her shit together
Tell me how

I mean I don't have my shit together either and probably never will but faking it might come in handy at some point
>>
>>84780195
I thought the lesson of Bojack was not to be like Bojack? To be better?
>>
Did Todd's explanation of his sexuality feel really hamfisted for anyone else? He's had sex and girlfriends before this season.
>>
>>84780221
you're right
>>84780195
you're wrong
>>
>>84779021
It'd be feeding Bojack's unhealthy sex mommy thing, and her even unhealthier urge to try and create order in the lives of others to make up for the stability her own life lacks. It would be terrible for both of them.
>>
File: rtsetr.jpg (217KB, 1305x731px) Image search: [Google]
rtsetr.jpg
217KB, 1305x731px
Obligatory post: which character can you relate to, and how?

What is the worst thing you've ever done that haunts you Bojack-style?
>>
>>84780221
No. It's to find a way to his dimension and kill the bojack
>>
>>84780237
I think its different in this case because he knows she's a highly sexual being, whereas before he's never reached the sexual stage and just viewed it as a close friendship.

I mean, it kind of makes sense it would come out that way.
>>
>>84780237
has he? I seriously can't remember
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rW6ObizMw
>>
>>84780239
I really like the final fight Todd had with Bojack, telling to stop being sorry and to be better, it reminded me of this poisonous relationship I had with someone who didn't want to change or be better and I had to just cut them off

>>84780251
Sounds like a plan
>>
>>84780221
>I thought the lesson of Bojack was not to be like Bojack? To be better?

It's Fess Up and Grow Up
>>
>>84780237
>He's had sex
Literally when

>>84780150
The billboard and blimp were retarded, but the small posters were a 10/10 idea
>>
>>84780265
He sort of kind of involuntarily unwillingly accidentally had a quasi-threesome with Bojack and Sarah Lynn.
>>
>>84780265
>>84780296
Didn't he get into a threesome with bojack and sara?
>>
>>84779967
No

It lasted 44 days, from January 19, 2016 (according to Sarah Lynn's calendar at the start of the episode) to February 28, 2016 (date of the 2016 Oscars)
>>
>>84780237
I was more concerned about Bradley's regression.
>>
Bojack really needs closure with Penny.

And by Closure I mean he needs to go balls deep in her,
>>
>>84780308
He got literally snagged in a vice made of their flesh, but he was neither an active nor a willing participant in it
>>
>>84780285
That and confront a problem directly, and not to just make decisions based on emotion.

A large part of the problem is all of the characters other than PC make decisions based on emotion which puts them in a fragile emotional state. PC's own problem is losing the ability to take a step back and evaluate where you're going.

In fact, PC lives Bojack's ideal of getting through another day, and loses the constant introspection of Bojack's meandering. They're the two incorrect extremes.
>>
>>84780335
I'm surprised she got so upset when she saw him. Maybe she was just creeped out?
>>
>>84778661
>Mr. Peanutbutter's a dirty foreigner

RUINED FOREVER!!!
>>
>>84780245
We literally just did those last thread, give it a break.
>>
>>84780335
What was up with her being really freaked out by him? I would not have expected that from unless her mom made her scared shitless of the fact that Bojack could have raped her or something.
>>
>>84780349
He's Canadian
>>
>>84780349
That looked like New England. According to Diane, its just in the countryside, but based on the region I'd say its somewhere in Oregon or maybe Washington, in the male strange little bay towns all over the place. That also lends the Captain's wife being in Alaska more credence.
>>
>>84780364
You can rationalize it with her mom talking to her and him seeming to stalk her, but it still felt a little extreme to me. Being creeped out is one thing but she tries to act like he did something awful to her
>>
>>84780364
He drove from cali to her exact location in ohio and presumably remembers the reason he went to New Mexico.

>>84780333
What do you mean?
>>
>>84780385
It's in Canada

The Labrador Peninsula is a real place that actually exists
>>
>>84780385
I thought it was like Newfoundland or somewhere in Canada desu
>>
>>84780385
you dumbass

delete this
>>
>>84780364
He basically stalked her across the country, its pretty obvious why
>>
>>84780400
There's a province called "Newfoundland and Labrador"

One guess where the Labrador peninsula is
>>
>>84780245
>worst thing

I don't remember. I definitely know there was something five years ago. But then I started working and now everything that came before seems so trivial.
>>
>>84780396
>What do you mean?

He seemed cool with not being obsessed with showbiz like the other Horsin Around crew members. This season, he tries to go for it
>>
>>84780364
Sometimes, when you make a bad enough adult-style decision as a kid it can leave you with a massive stigma.
More like she's grown to realize exactly what her bad decision did, who she disappointed by making it, and how much worse it could have been.

It could also be she still has some affection and felt panicked that she could see herself trying again.
>>
File: newfoundland-and-labrador.jpg (164KB, 800x407px) Image search: [Google]
newfoundland-and-labrador.jpg
164KB, 800x407px
>>84780385
It was Labrador. There's a province in Canada called Newfoundland (and Labrador). It's on the east coast, pretty much north of New England.

Here's a picture of it.

That's where they were.
>>
>>84780394
Like I said I would say her mom put some shit in her mind on how fucked up of a personhorse Bojack is (which she isn't wrong) but it felt like she drilled it way to far into her head and probably told her that Bojack would probably come back to try and fuck her again
>>
>>84780335
>Bojack really needs closure with Penny.

What he needs to do is fix himself first.

The Closer might have been a manipulative spinstress, but the psychological tendency to separate a person from deed is really one of the big things holding Bojack back.
>>
>>84780385
lol
>>
>>84780415
That does seem very out of place now that you mention it. You think they should've had the third girl try to Kickstart it instead?
>>
>>84780405
>>84780429
Just read these and they do make more sense than what I was thinking of >>84780440
>>
>>84780364
it's fucking weird seeing someone you had a bad experience with a couple months come out of nowhere in a fucking trench coat she'd be even more disturbed if she knew the context of why he showed up in the first place
>>
>>84778661
>VIM
>definition: energy/enthusiasm

I didn't know that word was a thing. Now I do.

Thanks, BoJack Horseman. Thanks, Netflix.
>>
>>84780402
>>84780445
Is that some famous place that I should know?

Because as a Canadian I had no clue it exists.

I mean, its not like saying you don't know Vancouver or something.
>>
>>84780452
No, she's moved on to "serious theatre" and stuff

I think it makes more sense for Bradley to regress than her, he was just down in Hollywoo for Herb's funeral and he saw the opulent lifestyles Bojack and the others lived, which were all kickstarted by Horsin' Around, while he was just running a hardware store. He probably thought he was missing out on something.
>>
>>84780460
Not to mention, the bags under his eyes combined with the fact they clearly hadn't been showering during the bender based on how stained their clothes were by sweat just prior, and it becomes Bojack looking like a homeless man. Which along would be a huge and frightening shock, other contexts aside.
>>
Margo Martindale crashed into Cartindale Cargo. Sometimes this show just has its best moments as decorations, and I love it.
>>
>>84780405
>>84780394
Her being creeped out to him being there makes sense, the whole "I was only 17!" thing doesn't.
>>
>>84780462
Also, her old agency was called "vigor"

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/vim-and-vigor

>>84780465
Newfoundland AND LABRADOR, dude

Maybe that should have given you a little pause?
>>
>>84780462
Never heard "vim and vigor" before? Its a fun expression.
"Full of vim and vigor".
>>
>>84780505
>>84780510
Nah, just salt and vigor.

But now I've got a new expression I can use. And it's sort of alliterative.
>>
>>84780510
I've always heard it expressed as piss and vinegar.
>>
Why did Mr. Peanutbutter call Canada "the Old Country"? That's what you call the place in Europe where your great-great-grandfather came from, and you have no attachment to whatsoever except for the time when you took a family vacation there when you were 12 and pissed off all the locals by claiming to be a fellow countryman.

>>84780539
I think it's salt and vinegar
>>
>>84780502
When you're 50, 40 feels like it was last week.

When you're 19, 17 feels like six years ago.

Going from senior year to college is a pretty massive leap in adulthood as well, the first moment where you are in the real world and that your actions have consequences your parents can't fix. If Penny thought not only that her actions drove away Bojack and disappointed her mother in her but also may have caused some kind of argument, maybe breakup, of her household if her father found out, and possibly internalized that feeling of action=consequence while still feeling she hadn't regretted it as much as she should have, then you've got a sudden massive landmark in decision-making maturity. Which would make you feel a bit older than you are.
>>
Post jokes that genuinely caught you off guard.

That's the sole criteria.

I mean, this gag isn't half as funny if you don't know who the frog is all ready.
>>
>>84780581
What was the point of this scene?
>>
File: what.png (587KB, 494x869px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
587KB, 494x869px
>>
>>84780569
>Why did Mr. Peanutbutter call Canada "the Old Country"? That's what you call the place in Europe where your great-great-grandfather came from, and you have no attachment to whatsoever except for the time when you took a family vacation there when you were 12 and pissed off all the locals by claiming to be a fellow countryman.

Mr. Peanutbutter's a moron.
>>
I liked this season more than season 2, it also made me stop caring about the characters so whatever happens to them next season I'll be ok with it.
>>
>>84780569
Because he's Mr. Peanutbutter.
>>
>>84780597
Haha! No closure for you.
>>
>>84780597
Hello illegitimate S4 fodder.
>>
>>84780597
>landline
what a poor
>>
>>84780569
>>84780542
"Vim and Vigor" was the popular term in the 1800's. Both words basically mean healthy in different ways, so to be "full of vim and vigor" is to be "full of love and generosity" or "sad and melancholy" or "stressed and frustrated".

I don't think salt and vinegar is an expression for being active. Its just the ingredients to a flavor of chips.
>>
>>84780592
foreshadowing s4 business shit, and to show judah isn't 100% loyal
>>
>>84780597
So how bad will Bojack's life get after she starts hating him?
>>
File: kWKzPen.png (971KB, 491x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kWKzPen.png
971KB, 491x1080px
>>
What are you gonna do when Season 4 is the final season? I honestly don't know if I ever want this show to end.
>>
>>84780657
Fuck, I thought the exact same thing. I was upset they didn't reference it exactly.
>>
>>84780677
>Not wanting a show to end
See what happened to the Simpsons. I hope season 4 is the last season.
>>
>>84780677
Take a long drink of whisky and ash a cigarette out on my arm while reciting some of my favorite Neitzsche lines.
>>
>it's a coming of age story about a girl who loves jellybeans

Welp. First Herb. Now Kelsey.

Another member for the deserved Hollywoo obscurity club.
>>
>>84780677
>I honestly don't know if I ever want this show to end.
iktf but godamnit there's a fucking reason stories have endings
>>
File: image.png (547KB, 374x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
547KB, 374x667px
>tfw the sequal to Horsin Around could have actually helped him out a lot

How mad are you that he fucked that up?
>>
>>84780690
But Simpsons was good for arguably 10 seasons or at the very least the quality dropped from then on. Point is they could do as many seasons as they want so long as it stays being good.
>>
>>84780688
A BB reference would be lame as fuck, if anything they should make him do a bit about pops being a shitty cereal.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mra73mIdMs1qz4rgp.gif (672KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mra73mIdMs1qz4rgp.gif
672KB, 499x281px
>>84780701
>tfw she dies in s4
IT REALLY IS LIKE HERB ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>84780677
Look.

Either something comes to an end early, while it's still good, or it gets milked until it's nothing but a husk of its former self.

There is nothing that runs for a long time while maintaining its original quality. Nothing.

The best thing you can do to a work of fiction is to kill it.
>>
>>84780701
>Implying that wouldn't have turned out to be the dopest shit
>>
>>84780705
are you referring to the bojack horseman show or what ethan is doing
>>
>>84780701
>obscurity club
Not so sure. One of penny's college friends was reading the book so maybe Kelsey might get a better life than tampon fingerpuppet theatre
>>
>>84780725
Venture Bros is still as great as it always was. Simpsons was good for 10 whole fuckings seasons with a smattering of good episodes for a bit after. I think this show can easily do more then 4 seasons.
>>
>>84780752
Kelsey wasn't going to do tampon fingerpuppet theatre

She was worried that her daughter would grow up to be a delusional artist who did tampon fingerpuppet theatre
>>
>>84780705
Temporarily. Part of what he realized is that he's just making the same mistake again, hinging his entire life worth on a new show that he was willing to screw other people (PC) over and getting attached to a child because he enjoys being a father figure. Which considering he has been dealing with a problem of repeating past mistakes which fucked over everything else in his life, its pretty effective.
>>
>>84780747
Ethan, though he did also fuck up the BH show by convincing the hamster dude to make it more realistic and edgy
>>
>>84780779
Ethan isn't his name, Ethan is the name of the character he played on Horsin' Around

His name is Bradley Hitler-Smith
>>
>>84780796
i'm the guy he replied to,i know i just wanted to pull a bojack
>>
>>84780796
go home Goober
>>
>>84780569
>>84780636
>I think it's salt and vinegar

Come on, fellas. Don't you remember Bioshock Infinite? Salt? Vigor? That was a whole thing. That was a play on the phrase.
>>
>>84780779
He literally took one sentence to be convinced, he was thinking along the same lines as Bojack
>>
Sometimes I wish this show was weekly so we could all geek out over twists like this.
>>
So I just finished the new season

Todd is a fucking asshole

Bojack did nothing wrong

Epsiode 4 was really great and almost made me cry, what a work of art

Overall I think it's my favorite season so far
>>
>>84781028
>Todd is a fucking asshole

Can you blame him?

His three biggest role models are BoJack, PC, and Mr. PB.

Who are all varying degrees of douchebag.
>>
>>84780909
Oh fuck, I never got that because I was distracted about how much money I spent on that game. I COULD'VE BOUGHT FOOD
>>
>>84781012
Don't know about you, but I'd bitch about how easy it'd be to fake an email like that.
>>
>>84780909
Bioshock Infinite was garbage
>>
>>84781070
To be fair, Laura saw Princess Carolyn do all kinds of skeevy business. Something like this would be pretty much nothing to PC if it meant keeping the wheels greased.
>>
>>84780657
"It's not the cancer, or your wife, or your son, or the meth, Mr. White! It's you!"
>>
>>84779879
I am pro abortion because it reduces crime and helps to alleviate the surplus population but I would be strongly against it if someone I was close to got pregnant accidentally.
>>
>>84781073
As a whole yes.

But its like Mass Effect 3, or Resident Evil 4. A lot of good stuff, but holy shit did the small amount of bad just completely fuck over the entire thing.
>>
>>84780569
Because Labrador IS the old country for Labradors. The breed of dog originates there.
I guess that makes Mr Peanut butter Native American, I wonder if that will come up in his political campaign.
>>
>>84779879
I am pro abortion because I think it's terrible for a child to know it's only an accident

I think generally less people should be allowed to raise a child, and working genitals shouldn't be the only condition to be allowed to raise one
>>
>>84781224
>>84781224
>>84781049
But the porn though.
>>
Is it really true that terrible people have so much sex they can't even keep count of how many potential bastards they have?

The world isn't really fair desu.
>>
So what exactly IS the difference between an agent and a manager?
>>
>>84781340
Percentages.
>>
>>84781340
You know all the extra shit Princess Carolyn was doing for Bojack and Mr Peanutbutter that had nothing to do with getting them work. Thats what managers do.
>>
>>84781369
So like a babysitter for adults.

>>84781364
Noice.
>>
>>84781409
Yup, look up "Hollywood managers" most of them are stage moms looking to get paid for raising their own kids.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-07-17-17h50m45s31.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-07-17-17h50m45s31.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
tfw Sarah Lynn never got more than one or two porn pics
tfw now it's too late
Good night sweet angle.
>>
>>84781430
I never actually thought to look up porn of this show
>>
>>84781430
>porn of the show
no i don't want that
i don't want that at all
>>
>>84781459
it's mostly just tons and tons and tons of gfur.
>>
>>84781469
some of the PC stuff ain't bad
>>
Bojacks daughter was disturbingly hot
>>
>Saying no to clients: One client wanted to invest in a dog massage therapy school to train people to soothe dogs, but Taylor persuaded the client to reconsider. She talked another client out of an Aston Martin recently because he already had six cars, and another out of a "full grill of diamonds" for his teeth that would have cost him $200,000. "It was the dumbest thing I ever heard. Sometimes this can be exhausting."

Damn, being a manager seems like a real shitshow to work as
>>
>>84781525
>Quirkiest client request: "A client wanted $50,000 in cash to go to a retreat to walk on hot coals for 30 minutes. I told him that for $100, I’d burn some coals in the office and save him $49,900. He almost fired me."

kek
>>
File: 5.png (52KB, 390x257px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
52KB, 390x257px
>>84781469
Are you sure? :^)
>>
>>84781480
Not really a suprise. Most of it involves Mr. Peanutbutter.
>>
File: 1469207283438.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1469207283438.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>84781545
STOP TEMPTING ME SATAN
>>
>>84781409
>>84781421
To be fair, she was basically an agent and a manager at the same time.

All she's doing is dropping having to find them work.
>>
File: 6.png (270KB, 961x882px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
270KB, 961x882px
>>84781558
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-24-21h35m46s400.png (1MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-24-21h35m46s400.png
1MB, 1920x1088px
>the show ends with Charlotte fulfilling her promise to kill Bojack after her daughter tells her that he showed up unannounced, in a trench coat and clearly fucked up on drugs
>>
I wish I was cool enough to go on month long benders and snort drywall
>>
OK, can we all agree this episode is the worst so far of the entire series?
>>
>>84781594
I actually really liked it. The prolonged chase through the underground was too long without a joke though.
>>
>>84781587
I could actually see that happening. Bojack finds some peace in the simple life but it just so happens to be nearby her and her family. Her daughter telling he rmom that bojack showed up and everyone talking about bojack hanging out nearby drive her to a confrontation
>>
>>84781594
I thought it was pretty neat and I the end was funny
>>
>>84781594
It was the most boring but still at worst only mediocre. Underwater setting shenanigans made up for the babychasing.
>>
>>84781594
nice b8 m8
>>
>>84778730
My own person.
I could have everything, but I don't how how to do things or express myself so I remain alone in my little room drawing, shit posting or procrastinating.
>>
Does anyone here know about MBTI types? If yes, what do you think are the characters types?
if you don't, look it up, it's interesting and you could learn a bit about yourself.
>>
>>84778661
Why do people people barely talk about the best part of the show which is the critique of Hollywood culture?

Theres several shows and movies about self destructive fuckups and they are done better with less shitty humor. The only other thing I can think about that talks about Hollywood culture is Birdman.
>>
>>84781594
Is underwater supposed to be China or Russia in this universe?
>>
>>84781669
>that commercial

Its clearly japan or china
>>
>>84781669
Korea or Japan basing on the commercial with Mr. Peanutbutter
>>
>>84781669
Clearly an asian analogue, I'm going for Japan.

The commercial with Mr. Peanutbutter, the commuter (salaryman) sardines, the episode having partially a Lost in Translation vibe...
>>
>>84781660
I always considered them crude simplifications of people that only exist for egoistic purposes just like horoscopes and fortunetelling. So yes I know about them but personally I got nothing out of it.
>>
>>84781669
>>84781675
>>84781680
It's clearly a melt of all those foreign countries.
>>
>>84781594
When he realized he could swim underwater was when I thought the episode was crap. Complete asspull
>>
>>84781714
>>84781669
>>84781680
>>84781707
Is that how americans feel like in general outside of their own little world?
>>
>>84781709
MBTI types are literally just a different flavor of horoscopes or blood type stereotyping.
>>
>>84778661
I really don't want to sound like a contrarian for the sake of being one because I honestly want someone to explain.

I don't really feel what other people say they feel when they watch the show. I just kind of look at it as a series of just one retard perpetually fucking up.

The emotional beats are just kind of missing me.
>>
>>84781587
The reaction of her daughter seemed a little awkawrd to me.

I mean, Bojack seemed to clearly know what he was doing, but so did her.

That she switched full victim seemed a bit odd, to me.

Was she that manipulated by Bojack?
>>
>>84781723
>can someone explain emotions to me
Bitch you retarded or something?
>>
>>84781594
It really didn't need to be a full half hour.

Music was great, but this show is too ugly for something as zany and whimsical as this sequence.
>>
>>84781721
I don't know, I am not american.
>>
Who was the horse girl trying to call bojack in the last episode?

Also, I lost the idea behind the season's ending. Could someone elaborate on the running horses sweat?
>>
>>84781754
Bojack freaks out when he sees horses actually exert real effort into something and get places without the help of damaged sidekicks or dumb luck.
>>
>>84781043

Yes. He is the prime example of an entitled, first-world asshole. Seriously, how can you feel for someone who lives in the 6th most wealthiest state in the world, has a financial safety net which he keeps in place imposing guilt on other people and basically does whatever he wants every day of the year? Fuck him, and everything he stands for.
>>
>>84781754
>Who was the horse girl trying to call bojack in the last episode?
His daughter probably. It was foreshadowed in a previous episode where he said he paid for the abortion of several women he slept with back in the 90s
>Also, I lost the idea behind the season's ending. Could someone elaborate on the running horses sweat?
His idol when he was young was a Race horse. Seeing the horses running reminded him of stuff.
>>
>>84781721
Wouldn't know, not American.
>>
>>84781727
Yes.

Teenagers are stupid.
>>
>>84781818
But that's the thing. in season 2, she had really thought it out. It wasn't something she did on a whim without second thought. It was something she almost did after being told several time she shouldn't.
>>
>>84781727
>"I was 17, I didn't know any better"
gee I don't know anon, maybe minors aren't the most emotionally mature, and when a 54 year old man trying to have sex with you during that vulnerable period your judgement might get a bit clouded

She probably realized how fucked up it was Bojack was hitting on her after he left
>>
>>84781851
TEENAGERS

ARE

STUPID
>>
>Diane considering getting an abortion
>figured the entire time that all the goofy music video shit and everything would convince her that she shouldn't go through with it
>she actually does and nobody hassles her about it the entire time

I was honestly impressed. I figured for sure they would have her back out at the last minute because hurr durr muh prolife
>>
>>84781896
I really liked that episode.
It managed to do the "making fun of both sides of the argument" thing a lot better than South Park
>>
>>84781858
>how fucked up it was Bojack was hitting on her after he left
Was he?

I don't know, sometimes, I think he touched all her boutun while doing everything to make it so he wasn't the one asking for it, just like he did with Todd when he ruined is space opera, but I am not sure it make the other less responsible.

I mean, she actually checked the law.
>>
File: 00865.png (691KB, 957x514px) Image search: [Google]
00865.png
691KB, 957x514px
So, how did everyone feel about HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT: 2k16 Electric Boogaloo?
>>
>>84781722
Well they are for more reliable
>>
>>84781851
If I had gotten what I wanted when I was 17 I'd be a libertarian free range farmer growing weed in jamaica.

Let's jsut say I', glad 17 year olds don't get to decide anything.
>>
>>84781908
>>84781896
Also, the lyric of that song are just fucking awesome.

I almost wish it would have been a genuine song without the layer of "it's an in-universe "exaggerated" parody song".
>>
>>84781896
I think the message of that episode was loud and clear:

GET DAT FETUS
KILL DAT FETUS
GET DAT FETUS
KILL DAT FETUS
>>
>>84781931
>I'd be a libertarian free range farmer growing weed in jamaica.
It...

It honestly doesn't sound that bad.

Unless you have issues with heat.
>>
>>84781932
Wasn't the ending song the entire song though?
>>
>>84781943
Yes. And I said it as awesome.

I am just saying it had a layer of pardoy that made it acceptable to the wide audience.

Had it been a bonna fide production, it would have caused a huge media shitstorm I wish I could have seen.
>>
>>84781942
Have you seen the crime stats in Jamaica dude?
>>
>>84781969
Not as bad as Mexico.
>>
>>84780677
I don't think it'll be milked, for a series like this Waksberg knew what the ending was before any of us knew it existed.
>>
>>84779021
I know that the show should end with Bojack becoming fine with himself and them getting back together for real would be the worst thing to happen to them both because 7 years of on-again off-again intimate resentment are unlikely to congeal into something healthy and functional, but dam it, those madmen are making me want it with shit like The BoJack Horseman Show and Best Thing That Ever Happened

God damn it.

>>84779059
Shut your petal flaps you gullible goat puppy brat.
>>
>>84781982
>Anti cartel organization in Mexico becomes a Cartel themselves
Its really sad
>>
>>84781942
Nah, it sounds cool because it has a bunch of cool words in the title but in reality would probably be hell. There are much easier ways to enjoy a tropical environment and copious amount of weed.
>>
>>84781982
Seriously? If violent crime is as high as Jamaica then America needs to build that wall, like now!
>>
>>84782029
Jamaica is childplay comparaed to what is going on in Mexico.

Also, a whale would be useless.
>>
>>84782029
We need Weed
>>
>>84781774
I honestly think the worst parts about him are that he's a selfish unfunny leech who should be grateful he even has someone who considers him a friend. Yeah bojack and that girl messed up by banging but come the fuck on what was she supposed to do after he straight up leaves her in that fucking situation? He's straight up becoming the brian of this show.
>>
What was the payoff with the manatee recording the conversation?
>>
>>84782074
The Blackwoman eating her
>>
I think it's sad that Bojack so desperately wants his life to be like the one he had on Horsin' Around, but the only two things his real life and his fake life will have in common is the horse dies in the final episode
>>
>>84781982
>Not as bad as Mexico.

Never has harsher praise been uttered.
>>
>>84781028
>>84781774
>imposing guilt on other people and basically does whatever he wants every day of the year?
Todd has never imposed guilt on anyone, though.
The only guy's fault is to have let himself dwelve too far into being cozied up, but that's something he has actually fixed up in season 3. The guy actually managed to launch an rule successfully a working business.

he has actually taken his life back in hand.
>>
>>84782074
Nothing its a dropped plot point. Happens all the time in TV shows
>>
>>84782045
why does he even care about the sex?
when someone's asexual they can't blame the other person for leaving to get their desires fulfilled by another person.
should I feel bad for him because he's confused? fuck him
>>
>>84782045
>Yeah bojack and that girl messed up by banging but come the fuck on what was she supposed to do after he straight up leaves her in that fucking situation?
Uh? You got that wrong. Todd didnt actually knew they had said. All he knew is that Bojack had done something to upset Emily and THIS is the reason he was angry at Bojack.
>>
>>84782074
Turns out she was a decent person and didn't ruin his life and the movie by mentioning the cgi insertion or the boat story.
>>
>>84782074
She is dead.

On a more meta way, it was a way to bring back the ending of season 2 and inform the public those events still bothered him and his state of mind at the moment.
>>
>>84778730
Yeah, fuck Todd.
His shit at the end came out of nowhere and ruined it
>>
>>84778736
He's going to pull a Dr. House and fake his death
>>
>>84782125
And yet he still is the should be the last person on the planet to have say any kind of shit to bojack. They literally had 4 characters that had much more valid reasons to say that kind of shit to bojack PC being the biggest one.
>>
>>84782110

Yeah, sure is hard launching a business when you have the connections that come with living in Hollywood and hanging out with celebrities and business people. Also, how does the fact that he got his life back on track make him less of an asshole?
>>
>>84782110
>he has actually taken his life back in hand.
And then lost it pretty quick.
>>
File: 1308045234797.png (401KB, 429x444px) Image search: [Google]
1308045234797.png
401KB, 429x444px
>bojack getting alcholic/drug blackouts
Thank god my only vice is 4chan and videogames
>>
>>84782205

That's mostly from sleep deprivation and alcohol. Doing the right kind of drugs responsibly has very little negative side-effects.
>>
>>84781594
I was waiting for Spongebob during the entire episode.
>>
>>84782176
>And yet he still is the should be the last person on the planet to have say any kind of shit to bojack
He is among the people who know him the best, of course he is the best person placed to critic him. Todd is angry not because he "stole" is possible girfriend, he is angry at him because he took advantage of her being down and Bojack was fully aware of that. He is angry at him because in the end, he hurted a friend who was dear to him.

> PC being the biggest one.
Unlike Todd, PC really fucked up with Bojack.

>how does the fact that he got his life back on track make him less of an asshole?
He wasn't in the first place. His main issue was that he was a smoocher and he addressed it.
>>
>>84779893
Well thats a lacking analogy

Once the acorn falls from the tree, it's growth and development is independant of it's birth tree. The "umbilical cord" has been cut already.
>>
>>84781594
Fuck you, I liked that it tried something different and told a story with sight gags and little/no dialogue.
>>
>>84781594
>hating on silent episodes
How does it feel having shit taste?
>>
>>84779879
>>84779893
That's not what matter.

That acorn isn't tree doesn't matter to the pro life what matter to them is that it's living and what it can become. Tell to a pro-life that and egg isn't a chicken and they will look at you with oggled eyes going "how the fuck is that supposed to be a point?". Especially for religious people who consider God has a plan for everyone. The moment it is seeded, you are ruining god's plan if you have an abortion regardless if the foetus is human or not yet.

No, the actual issue is that' it's the woman's body. Pregnancy put the body under terrible stress, there is a real risk out of mortality and getting all kind of complications that can have long live effect.

This is an hug amount to pay and this is why the mother should decide whether or not she want a baby.

It's her body, she is the one who decided what to do with it.
>>
>>84782224
>doing drugs
>responsibly

Unfortunately, the percentage of people that manage to combine the two reliably tend to be extremely low.

And I say that as someone that's been on oxy (for legitimate pain reasons) for, uh, I'd say over five years of my life (which doesn't sound like much, but I've managed never to actually abuse it or have it fuck my life up in all that time).
>>
>>84779879
White people have the most abortions in the world. Every single abortion is one less white people in the world.

If every single african, chinese, arab and chicano had as many abortions as whites do I'd be more than happy to pay taxes to subsidize said abortions. But they don't, so tough luck white women.
>>
>>84782422
I thought everyone needed oxygen.
>>
>>84782464
Highly overrated. CO2 is way better.

Stupid O2-breathing dumbshits. Way to be part of the crowd.
>>
Anyone else catch the fact that this was the first season Bojack didn't get his big greatest desire?

First was his book, which while it was somewhat demeaning, was a huge success.
Then it was his movie, which he was completely CGi'd out of, which was also a huge success.
But he didn't get his Oscar. He wasn't even nominated.
>>
>>84779595
>>84779535
Don't feel too bad about what happened /co/.

This is all she was and all she ever could have been.
>>
Is it me or is Season 3 the season who did the most animal based gags?
>>
Tips don't work that way
>>
File: 1469234812695.jpg (207KB, 585x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469234812695.jpg
207KB, 585x600px
>>84782506
>>84782464
>not getting high on sulfur
>not being connected to a tank of nerve gas 24/7
lmao @ ur lives
>>
Where (and why) did all the FUCKING WHITE MALE hate come from?
>>
>When that kids pre to wanted to pimp their son out to Bojack so they could sue him for child molestation.
Good grief.
>>
>>84782650
Episode 4 pretty much.
>>
>>84782401
A baby is separate, moron
>>84782429
That's American negroes actually
>>
File: 1469276010669.png (35KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1469276010669.png
35KB, 184x184px
Is mister peanut butter a real human bean?
>>
>>84782675
Pretty clearly a Michael Jackson reference there.
>>
>>84782669
The writers. Read some of their interviews, they're pretty left leaning, although not extreme left. If the address the problems with liberals though Diane ruining Mr PB's campaign for some attention grabbing article I'll consider them even handed. We'll see in season 4.
>>
>>84782704
He's a doggo.
>>
>>84782774
What kind of doggo?
land doggo?
sea doggo?
snibbity snab pinch pinch doggo?
slither hiss hiss doggo?
>>
>>84782701
>A baby is separate, moron
You are missing the point big times, anon.
>>
>>84782840
Golden Doggo, one of the rarest types
>>
File: 84498-050-6c3f30ae1.jpg (417KB, 1600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
84498-050-6c3f30ae1.jpg
417KB, 1600x1070px
>>84782704
He's a Labradorian.
>>
>>84782892
I'd suck a dick to live in a place that comfy desu famalamadingdong.
>>
File: WestFromLabrador.jpg (265KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
WestFromLabrador.jpg
265KB, 1440x810px
>>84782968
Perpetual economic depression, though, so a lot of them wind up moving out west to landscapes like pictured left to make money there and send it home while bitching about how it isn't as great as Labrador (and Newfoundland).

Mr. Peanutbutter probably sent a transfer back to the family once a month since he moved to Hollywoo.
>>
>>84778804
>>84779171

I grew up in an emotional, verbal, and physically abusive home. It fucked me up during my teen years, but I'm 23, living with a beautiful medical school student, and about to start teaching. It is 100% BoJack's fault at this point. You can't blame your mistakes on your past forever, at some point, it's just you making these mistakes, and you have to let the past go.
>>
So how does interspecies reproduction work in the Bojack universe? The kid has a 50/50 shot to be the species of either parent?
>>
>>84783134
Rock on, fella. Rock on.
>>
>>84783134
meant for
>>84778779
>>
>>84779854
He tried to leave the baby though, repeatedly. He only took it when he realised it wasn't possible to leave it
>>
>>84783138
Yeah. Looking at Charlotte's family.
>>
>>84779879
Doesn't matter what anyone's view on it is, the government has no right to tell anyone what they can or can't do to their own body.
>>
>>84783268
Yeah, Bojack isn't an intentional villain. He's not the type to make the choice to deliberately abandon a newborn infant by the side of the road, even if he'd like to on some level, even if it's the 'logical' thing to do on some level.

He fucks up accidentally, at least on the outright evil level of behavior.
>>
>>84779871
Candice Bergen aka Murphy Brown
>>
Bojack's problem is that he basically has 2 modes: Submissively doing whatever someone else thinks he should do, and lashing out. He isn't happy doing what others think he should be doing, because they all want him to do things for THEIR benefit, and when he lashes out, he hurts the very people who know him better than anyone.

The most disappointing part of the show was when he was on set for Ethan Around, and the little girl says she wants to be famous, just like him, and rather than him explaining that being famous isn't something you do, it's something that happened to you, he lashes out and drives off. I suppose it goes back to Princess Caroline saying she wishes she could do it all over again, but realizing she'd probably just fuck it up like the first time. That's Bojack. He gets all these opportunities to do something better, and he fucks it up every time.
>>
>>84782669

I thought most of it was ironic.
>>
>>84783718
Also whenever something even slightly good happens to him, he goes overboard and becomes even more of a conceited ass than usual.
>>
>>84782669
>>84782763
Season 3 finale had that cute mouse girl sister website owner who was basically a huge parody of SJWs
>>
File: file.png (553KB, 842x526px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
553KB, 842x526px
So, was Princess Carolyn even a good agent?
I'm not speaking about BoJack in particular here, just her career as a whole. She's spectacular at damage control, but I can't remember her being all that good at actually picking up new clients and getting them jobs, partially because so much of her life centred around one lost cause.
She came pretty far, from the daughter of an alcoholic maid to owner of her own company, though that didn't work out in the end either.

I want her to be happy.
>>
Another terribly sad thing is that just about everyone in this show has more money than they know what to do with. Their individual paydays are tough to figure out, but they all could walk away from the Hollywoo life and do whatever they want, and yet they stick around in that toxic environment.

The sad thing is the guy who OWNED a hardware store in Washington decided to jump back in to that cesspool. For all the talk of having to keep moving forward, everyone keeps trying to recapture the past.
>>
>>84783955
>So, was Princess Carolyn even a good agent?
She's a great agent. She just fucked up 1 deal.
>>
>>84783955
She was an excellent agent. She's just had a run of bad luck, shitty bosses, and a stab in the back partner.
>>
>>84781070
It wasn't the fact that they had proof PC betrayed her, finding the email sparked the idea they should tell the former assistant she was betrayed.
>>
>>84783980
People don't just move to Hollywoo to make money. They go there to become famous, to make people love them, to Be Someone.

It's a tale as old as the hills, baby, and it'll probably never end (short of California burning entirely to the ground).
>>
>>84783955
She was hopscotching all over the place with acquisitions and opportunities in Season 1, got JD Salinger and Mr. Peanutbutter their own show in Season 2.

It's just that she kind of jumped the gun with VIM. Getting such a big building, hiring all those people, trying to juggle all the clients she brought with her.

That's too much, man!

It's probably why the smaller firm of her rivals managed to stay afloat despite a tinier number of contracts and much shoddier workspace.

As for BoJack, it was a combination of a love for challenges and outright love. She's the best, so she can take the worst client any agency can have (old, obscure, and way too rich to be that optimum level of hungry) and turn him into a runaway success and maybe even a proper boyfriend...eventually...maybe. Bit of ego, lots of pity, and plenty of misguided affection.
>>
>>84781321
only the rich ones
>>
>>84783980
>And I'm trying to hold on to my past
>It's been so long I don't think I'm gonna last
>>
File: black_kotaro1.png (508KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
black_kotaro1.png
508KB, 480x360px
>>84781594
wut
>>
>>84779535
It's just a version of "The Birthday (L'Anniversarie)" by Marc Chagall.
The woman in the painting, here Sara Lynn, is being kissed by her husband on her birthday. The man is "leaping" through the air to kiss her, his love unbound by physical constraints.
Or something like that. I'm not good with Chagall.

I can't make out who/what the husband is in this version. He's greyish pale, with black hair and fully black eyes. Sort of unnerving. Might have some skull-like about it, but it's hard to tell.
Might be meant to symbolise death. Or I'm just thinking about death when I see her, hence me reaching that conclusion. Might be nothing.
>>
>>84781925
I'm more of a Nature&Nurture man than a pure on Nature man, so I think it was bullshit
>>
File: bojack.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bojack.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
Excellent season but the finale destroyed me
>>
>>84781545
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................sauce?
>>
>>84782074
>>84779413
Mark my words, it's gonna come back in season 4, Ana killed her.

Or paid her off not to talk. But most likely killed her.
>>
>This ending theme variant
I love stuff like this. Also, Pokemon BO

https://youtu.be/rGtVDQNzuxY
>>
>>84781925
Didn't have as much bite as Todd telling Bojack that he doesn't expect much from him anymore after the Rock Opera betrayal of Season 1 and paled in comparison to Princess Carolyn's more pointed criticisms from the previous episode.
>>
>>84784320
The "Fuck" actually really got me.
>>
File: being depressed. 2015..png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
being depressed. 2015..png
286KB, 889x592px
>>84778830
>>84779059
Apparently BoJo is an ENTP - ENTPs see the world unfiltered

Seeing the world that he's in, imagine knowing that everything promising relief or long term joy, anything promising to fix things or the little social lies we do to pretend.

It's like seeing the code in the Matrix for him i guess - but failing to adapt is all on him
>>
Ralph's! Sister!!! Pics!!!! WHEN?!?!!!!
>>
Dude, I think season 1 is actually my favorite.
>>
>Penny's breakdown

Hot christ, I was expecting it to be bad if it ever happened, but I wasn't expecting to be that bad.
>>
>Bojack disappears to Run with the Horses
>While Diane is sad and Todd is guilty everyone else is too busy with their lives to care.
>he's declared dead after a token search
>The only Person still looking for him is his Daughter.
what happens?
>>
>>84784384
Ralph...

Runaway Ralph. Heh.
>>
>>84784460

I think what made that hurt the most was the "I never wanted to see you again" or whatever the exact dialogue was. It was extra biting. Like...just having someone so sincerely not wanting to see you, because it brings them such disgust...that hurts.
>>
So, was the horse girl at the end confirmed Bojack's daughter? Or is that just a heavy implication?
>>
Are there any screen grabs of Captain Peanutbutter?
>>
>>84779580
>Bojack finally gets it in, after 3 seasons, and he hates himself for it and only feels worse
feels exactly like something this show would do.
>>
>>84778661
I watched several of the 1st season episodes before the new season. Which made the Todd stuff jarring.

Characters can be whimsical and dumb with a sex drive. 1st Season Todd clearly did with the cartel wife and japanese scam lady. Still Todds minor so his story beats don't really matter.

Great season. It didn't sugar coat the whole thing either. I think we can feel miserable for Bojack but understand his friends positions. Chronically depressed people could note it as well I guess.

Also sad minor detail in the we see Running Gibbon with his wife in the flashback
>>
>>84784723
Did you see anyone confirm it in the show?
>>
>>84784777
>1st Season Todd clearly did with the cartel wife and japanese scam lady.
todd had a good vibe with Emily too. It's when it came down to sex that he had some sort of struggle.
>>
>hype up Jill Pill as a Season 2 ending hook
>literally a side character that has no actual connecting to BoJack beyond happening to have something to do with a guy that worked on BoJack's failed show that was conveniently never mentioned before
>10 minutes screentime and her usefulness is gone and we move on
Wow

Amazing

Truly inspiring and well planned writing.

If you're in here, BoJack writers, can I have your autograph? It now definitely belongs in the Hall of Most Amazing Writers Ever. Literally the next Odyssey.
>>
>>84779169
One of them is a kid dressed as a horse the other two are horses. Watch it again. Check the photo in the back
>>
>>84784472
>Daughter finds Bojack in search for answers.
>Gets disappointed that the answers are either meh or nonexistent
>Reveals that her desire to find him was jumpstarted by hearing he was dead on the news after "the most dismotivated Horseman Hunt in history"
>Decides to get him back to Hollywoo so he can prove he's alive and fork over that long-delayed child support
>BoJack, ever in need of thinking he has the high ground, criticises her for just wanting his money
>"What else are you good for?!"
>road movie for a bit, then maybe she becomes his new sidekick in Season 4 when they get back to LA since the members of his usual menagerie are either too busy to help him out or are just find being at the other end of the bridges he burned
>twist: she's actually very good at acting and uses this talent to get by in town
>>
>>84784723
Who knows, the writers certainly don't. Just another sequel bait that they'll figure out later.
>>
>>84784947
Remember how whatsisface, INCONCEIVABLE, was wearing the same sort of horse-head in season one when he was playing Bojack?

I guess horseface is more socially acceptable than blackface. How degrading.
>>
>>84784472
I don't think people will be too busy to care, they. Just might be too upset to look. The loss of Bojack might affect their relationships and jobs.

All the while, his estranged daughter goes looking for him.
>>
>>84784954
I doubt anyone will look for bojack. When he left for new mexico no one looked. When he was on a drug fueled bender, no one looked.

It fonally happened. Bojack pushed away everyone.
>>
File: 1465965791193.png (3KB, 273x287px) Image search: [Google]
1465965791193.png
3KB, 273x287px
>It's a you deeply identify with Bojack in his quest to try and find happiness and not be a shitty person episode
>>
>>84784874
Stop posting, Bojack. And just come home. You need to work things out with your friends.
>>
>>84781545
>artist adds lines of shitty dialog to the art
>it isn't her saying "That's too much, man!"
one fucking job.
>>
>>84785101
That's true. Now he'll have to figure things out on his own.
>>
I wonder what they'll post on his Twitter page now?

Season 2 ended with the hope that maybe, slowly, things can get better. So it made sense when the posts were lighthearted and funny.

But now, he's burned almost every bridge he has, so I wonder how that'll reflect.
>>
>>84785140
Just don't blame and insult people for your mistakes or to mask your own inadequacies and you'll all ready be in better shape than Bojack.
>>
>>84779541
>This compromises Mr. Peanutbutter's chances of becoming the mayor

It's more likely that Diane will be coerced into writing a piece that tries to assess whether or not Mr. Peanutbutter would make a good Governor.

She'd try to focus on his good personal qualities, but eventually she'd have to talk about his various failed businesses, media projects, marriages, and that one time he stole a giant letter.
>>
>>84784874
>Jill Pill was "hyped"
>by a single line of dialog

you did this to yourself
>>
BRAP BRAP
PEW PEW
why does every season end with running?
>>
>>84785334
Cause that's what horses do.
>>
There was something in the episode with the Oscar nomination party, Ana was speaking very hush-hush to someone on the phone, and I've got a very bad feeling that it has something to do with Bojack telling the manatee about the movie being CGI
Also, what was with the running horses? Was that supposed to symbolize something?
Fuck I need to rewatch it all
>>
>>84785310
The plot threads they're setting up are very predictable. Diane will start getting on her self righteous streak by working for Tumblr: The Mouse while PB runs for office and just when everything's going well on his campaign and he's winning, Tumblr Mouse will tell Diane that she has to drop the bomb on her husband.

She will, cue the fallout. The only question is whether this is what they'll use for them to get the divorce we all know is coming.
>>
>>84785365
well why isn't he running DURING the season
>>
>>84779431
>The two are exactly what the main cast would look like if they got their shit together.

They are actually flawed antiheroes who manage to overcome their shortcomings in the course of their story. Rudabega is a role model we could all learn something from.
>>
>>84778730
Myself. I can't enjoy social relationships because I don't trust anyone, I feel so ugly inside and outside and everyone is so bland... I guess I'm asexual like Todd.
>>
>>84785383
He is, Running is a theme of the show. Bojack runs from his problems. Princess Caroline "runs" by buring herself in work, spinning her wheels to destract herself. Diane ran away to avoid dealing with her marriage in season 2 and tried to Run away from Bojack in season 3. Mr Peanut butters philosophy is to just keep busy till you die.
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 718x540px
mfw I get no pics of the fem mouse in episode 12
>>
>>84785372
>She will, cue the fallout. The only question is whether this is what they'll use for them to get the divorce we all know is coming.
>they divorce
>Mr. Peanutbutter's new girlfriend is the kind of vapid bimbo you usually think men his age would go for
>Diane calls him out on this
>Mr. Peanutbutter admits that, looking back on his all of his failed marriages, he "had a type" but that this preference really, really wasn't working out so why not go in the opposite direction for love
>>
File: babby.jpg (18KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
18KB, 385x383px
>>84779879
If death is absence of neural activity, human life begins at neural activity around the 10th week. So, abortion before the 10th week is fine, after is murder.
>>
>>84781594
No, it was great. If you want boring episodes, watch the first four of the first season.
>>
>>84785580
Even better. He'll be set up with a Homely house wife type to help his political career and realize that what he really wanted all along was a good wife. Diane will feel superior because she's a "strong independent woman" but Mr Peanut butter will find the happy family life he always wanted.
>>
>>84785372
That will defo happen but I'm still betting Captain peanut butter will die and the question of adopting his kids will be the straw that breaks them up.
>>
>>84779879
pretty much what this anon said>>84785636
As soon as a proto brain is formed - it is morally wrong to kill it, if you believe human life is sacred
>>
>>84779431
>none of the characters are past the point of no return

unless they are dead
>>
>>84783371
So why aren't people allowed to suicide?
>>
>>84783371
Yet drugs are illegal.
>>
They've been teasing boxer vs. raptor for three seasons now, when are they going to finally tell us who won
>>
>>84785636
Where are you getting those figures from?

Could it be your ass?
>>
>>84785839
Drugs is not a part of the body.
>>
>>84785681
Nice.

>strong independent woman

Who is kept aloft by palimony and is frequently made fun of for it!
>>
File: 1469261697075.png (2MB, 1700x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1469261697075.png
2MB, 1700x1275px
End of Eva when?
>>
How many laugh-out-loud moments did this season have for you?

For some reason, the idea of a Twitter celebrity randomly tweeting "I'm getting an abortion" and that getting several thousand retweets slayed me. Then the episode just kept on going with it and I was destroyed.
>>
>>84785810
Social engineering, mostly.

A lot of it is tied to religion, even in places where the law is supposed to be seperate from it. Though right-to-die advocacy groups are making progress in quite a few places.

There are some serious ethical problems that have to be solved with making it legal for people to commit suicide or receive assistance in doing so (if they're physically incapable of committing the act themselves), but it mostly comes down to moral arguments, and a lot of them are rooted in religious dogma.

(Which, ironically, often has its root in attempts by various religious bodies to control the lives of their believers by perpetuating the idea that suicides are punished in the afterlife, to keep people living in misery from seeking an escape in order to preserve their souls)
>>
>>84779879
It's the hallmark of a shitty, selfish person with poor impulse control. Like tattoos. Or liking Arcade Fire.

Get them if you want but know you're an objectively awful person when you do.
>>
>>84786071
I can't tip fast enough
>>
File: hitler for ants.jpg (7KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
hitler for ants.jpg
7KB, 222x225px
>Feminists support abortion
>But eugenics are racist
>>
i didn't like the Todd part with the im not gay but im not sure im straight. I get there are asexual ppl and all that , just feels weird for him.

also ,he can only blame himself for Bojack fucking Emily.
>>
>>84778661
>abortion episode

Initial thoughts:
>that bias

"Hey guise, it's totally ok to kill your unborn child for the sake of convenience, because doing so means to be "empowered", and totally not selfish at all! Also, all those that actually value life? They're all literally crazy protestors that are out to get women to make them feel bad about themselves."

Legit bothered me. THEN;

Watching it again:
>Scene with Bojack, Diane, and cuddlywhiskers at his escape house
>"True happiness is being selfish"

Then I realized that the show was simply reinforcing a point that was made.

At least, this is my interpretation. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>84786114
What? It's true.

I mean, suicide wasn't a sin in Christianity until well into medieval times, when a bunch of serfs started committing suicide to escape their miserable poverty-stricken lives, reasoning that since they were good christians, they would enter paradise and live in peace for eternity.

Given that dead serfs can't work their lord's land, this started to become a bigger and bigger problem, and them, bam, a proclamation went out that suicide was a mortal sin, so if you killed yourself, you'd go straight to hell. That solved the problem really quickly.

Since people killing themselves removes them as productive members of society, a lot of societies have rules against killing yourself, for the same reason as they do not hurting other people or stealing or whatever. It makes sense, really, if you think about it on a strictly utilitarian level. Societies with a religious restriction on suicide very frequently just add it in secular law, as well, for 'reasons' that are rarely well explained.

Where, exactly, did I denigrate religion when I pointed out its role in societies forbidding suicide?
>>
>>84786269
Yep. The point of the episode is that being selfish isn't an inherently good or bad thing. It depends on what you end up creating as a result of selfish impulse.

On the one hand, you have a (kind of) understandable selfish impulse to retain your freedom and youth by not having a baby. On the other, you have a comically extreme selfish impulse of marketing abortion as the new, hip thing to do and make tons of money on it.

It's not a pro-choice episode at all. Everyone, literally everyone, involved in the episode was wrong. Diane and PC were entirely out-of-bounds for turning abortion into a commodity. Aquafina was an ignorant, selfish cunt who latched onto the idea as a means of acquiring money. Then Diane and PC cover up their wrongdoing by orchestrating an elaborate scheme to hide Aquafina.

There's a reason we see Bojack interacting with seahorse babies and Diane dropping acid to look cool with some douchebags.

If anything, the episode was more about people glorifying death and hiding life to maintain a status quo. And in the end that's the only reason Diane did it, to maintain her status quo.
>>
>>84786269
That's Diane's take on Cuddlywhisker's philosophy.

It's more about satisfaction with self than the empty attempts at selfishly hoarding fame, money, and sex at the expense of others.

Bojack's behaviour is typically very selfish and he causes immeasurable harm because of his misery. CW is content to just relax and be by himself because he likes himself which is something Bojack can never do because he loathes himself so completely.

Diane came up to that villa with the notion that true happiness could only be obtained if you had a mountain to die on; the elimination of self; ego folded into a larger movement. This didn't make her happy either and as that teenage abortion clinic client revealed, actually divorced her from the feelings and thoughts of the people she was supposedly trying to help.
>>
File: bugs.jpg (15KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
15KB, 500x481px
>Thought Diane being forced by the abortion clinic to listen to the heartbeat and watch cute baby videos, etc. was a joke
>mfw when I found out some abortion clinics actually do shit like that and it wasn't a joke
>>
File: 1445368926813.jpg (66KB, 364x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445368926813.jpg
66KB, 364x720px
>>84781585
>deer tits
>>
>>84786447
Hey, if you're going to kill something for no reason you at least owe it a glance or two.
>>
>>84786114
I have to say, the rabid pro-christianity bent is the strangest manifestation of image-board contrarianism yet.
>>
>>84779957
You just put my feelings into words.
The drug haze probably didn't help, so im rewatching it while catching up with the thread.
>>
>>84786447
It's just a people version of Meet the Meat.

Abortion is dehumanising enough as it is.
>>
>>84786535
Then don't kill your child for no reason, I don't see the big problem here. You don't want your kid, give it up for adoption. You got pregnant through your choices now carry it to term.
>>
>>84786447
She's lucky she's in Hollywoo, and not one of the Vaginal Probe states.
>>
File: implications.jpg (120KB, 501x700px) Image search: [Google]
implications.jpg
120KB, 501x700px
>>84786573
>fetus
>a child
>not just a secondary mass of cells in your body
>>
>>84786490
Yeah, I never saw it coming back in the early days.
>>
>>84779879
Pro abortion.
There are things worse than death, and one of those things is being raised by shitty parents.
>>
File: picard.jpg (13KB, 620x364px) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
13KB, 620x364px
>>84786638
Literally every organ in your body is a mass of cells.
>>
>>84778736
Death is too good for him
It would end his suffering.
That's not how it's gonna go.
>>
>>84786670
Better talk to the organ transplant specialists then anon, don't want them killing all those poor children, right? :^)
>>
>>84786653
>There are things worse than death.

No one knows what death is like, so you can't claim nothing is worse than it.
>>
>>84786269
I really didn't have a problem because it doesn't particularly bother me when shows/people/media disagree with me.
>>
File: Laugh-Meme-10.jpg (34KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-Meme-10.jpg
34KB, 736x490px
>>84786699
>Doesn't understand.
Your entire body is a mass of cells.

Dehumanizing a baby by calling it a mass of cells is literally dehumanizing yourself and placing the value of your life and experience at the same value of the baby you're killing.
>>
>>84786573
>give it up for adoption
Mother of god, I'd never wish that hell on my worst enemy. you have any idea how FUCKED the adoption/foster care system is? 90% of those kids never even get CONSIDERED for adoption. If you're older then 10, your chances of adoption are so small that they might as well not exist.
It's not as bad as the prison system, but it's pretty damn close.
>>
>>84786760
It's you who doesn't seem to know what the birth to adoption system is like because you're literally describing it as if we still have gigantic state orphanages in rural areas next to coal mines where they get sent to work when they're 3.

Birth to Adoption has waiting lists all over the country. Parents who cannot have children wait years for a chance to bring a baby home from the hospital. It's the teenagers that no one wants to adopt. Go spread your lies somewhere else.
>>
>>84786755
Liberals don't value human life, that's why you're shocked that they don't value children either. They don't care how many fatherless families their welfare policies encourage or how many people are killed by their open borders, why would they care about abortion?
>>
I'm in love with PC
>tfw no milf cat gf
>>
>>84786825
My company does a lot with foster kids. Foster kids' lives, by and large, suck ass.
The thing about pro-lifers is this: You don't want the kids to be aborted, but you also don't want to care about the, once they're here.
If the kids get adopted as a baby, great. But the over a million of the others?
Plus, minority babies are not as desired as white babies. Way fewer of them get adopted.
>>
>>84779323

And what? Wind up building gilded cages for a bunch of hollywoo upstarts who have secured a loan shark to pay for their orgy palace (to be)..

Even had Sarah cleaned up she wpuld still have faced the cold realization that that her new calling isnt all roses
>>
I want to cum on Ralph's glasses.

While he wears them.
>>
>>84780597
Bojack will either fuck this up royally, or he'll find happiness with her. Episode 4 gives me hope that he can be a good parent.
>>
>>84786903
>milf
Do you even know what that means?
>>
>>84786760
So their only choices are
>Be raised begrudgingly by a parent who's unfit/didn't want you in the first place
>Get stuck in foster care of varying quality for their entire childhood
>Die

Tough call
>>
File: liberal america.jpg (174KB, 720x603px) Image search: [Google]
liberal america.jpg
174KB, 720x603px
>>84786755
Anon, fetuses are LITERALLY not sapient

they are for all intents and purposes a mass of unthinking flesh that's basically just an extension of the mother, without capacity for any creation of thought or essence. They may as well be dead already. Claiming it's a child because it grows functional little organs is like claiming your printer is an AI because it's mechanical and does things.

Late-term abortions, when the fetus is actually verging on humanity, are only done when the mother's life is in real and present danger due to the pregnancy, so that region isn't even relevant.
>>
>ywn meet your own albino gyno rhino
>>
>>84786938
Stop importing hundreds of thousands of immigrants that don't belong here and turning a blind eye to millions more illegally moving here and this becomes less of an issue. It's not supposed to be our problem, let South America deal with South America's problems instead of importing them here and then complaining that our welfare isn't substantial enough.
>>
>>84786899
>God I can't believe these LIBTARDS don't value human life like us enlightened conservatives!
>Ugh I can't believe these CUGKS want to help refugees they're such bleeding hearts we should just sink all the boats
pick one bucko
>>
File: 1428035988121.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428035988121.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>84786965
no
I just wanted to fit in
HER BAGINA :DD
>>
>>84787029
I find it weird that PC and Ralph didn't think they'd get along because their a mouse and a cat, but PC and PB get along fine.
>>
>>84787133
Cats and dogs don't usually prey on one another
>>
>>84787092
Last time I checked ISIS had not yet pledged that they had infiltrated American women's wombs or demonstrated that that not giving abortions lead to an average of two terrorist attacks a week in Europe mostly coming from the poor "refugees" over the last 6 months.

When giving an abortion thwarts ISIS from driving a truck through Central Park and killing a hundred people we can resume your false equivalency baiting conversation.
>>
>>84787091
I don't want THEM here either!
>>
>>84786962
The season ended with him getting one of his showbiz kids killed by drugs after initiating a month-long bender with her.

He also fucked her two years ago.
>>
>>84786978
Statistically, legal abortions also have a direct correlation to reduced crime.
>>
>>84786573
fuck off, just let it die, no one needs those babies
>>
>>84787273
And, you know, a reduction in deaths of pregnant women due to not having to seek out shady backalley abortionists. Abortion being illegal doesn't actual prevent abortion, it just drives it into the shadows and makes it more dangerous for everyone but the wealthy.
>>
>>84786978

I rather die before gaining consciousness than live a shitty life
>>
>>84779247
>If you want to enjoy comics, don't read about them on social media.

Not that guy, but this is why I avoid /v/ like the plague.
>>
>>84786573

Why would you ruin your body and be in pain for 9 months for something you're going to give away?
>>
>>84778830
>>84778985
>>84779247
I'd really like to quit 4chan for good, but /tg/ is the only place I can find with half-decent tabletop discussion and news. 90% of where I look, be it Dakkadakka, Warseer, and even Reddit it's just bland rule discussion, usually people putting more effort into finding loopholes into actually playing the game, which is not a subject I find interesting.

/tg/ isn't so bad (although like the rest of 4chan, there's a lot of bitching about arbitrary things, even good things), but shitheads from other boards cross-contaminate and infect it sometimes; /pol/tards particularly. I may be making a big move later this year, which will hopefully give me a much more active social life, and ideally that will give me the activity I need to stay away from this site.

For the record, the reason I'm on /co/ right now is specifically to discuss the new Bojack season.
>>
>>84787017
>I have a right to murder things that aren't sapient.

But you're a dog lover right?
>>
File: HOW DROLL2.jpg (14KB, 448x351px) Image search: [Google]
HOW DROLL2.jpg
14KB, 448x351px
>>84784954

>what else are you good for?

Ow, Anon.
>>
>>84787847

Fetus aren't sentient either. Nice try though.
>>
>>84787847
>killing something that isn't sapient, isn't proven to be able to feel pain, and can't survive without acting as a parasite (in the clinical sense) upon the mother's body, doing damage to her body and potentially even killing her is murder

When you use words steeped in rhetoric, in an attempt to shame people into following your extremist restrictions on their liberty and medical safety, you're being a bad dog.

BAD DOG.
>>
>>84780195
i should have figured this after the 982th feels thread
>>
>>84788233
Right, so as long as something isn't aware, you can do whatever you want to it. You've established you value human life about as much as you value a change wardrobe.

And any communication is rhetoric. It isn't a negative word.
>>
>>84778779
I had a childhood similar to Bojack (a little worse desu) and came out more like Todd with hints of Bojack. I guess I didn't turn out well at all.

>>84778812
It's not like you literally wallow in bad memories, it affects you in ways you are unaware of until someone points it out or you recognize yourself in something like Bojack or whatever cause my family stigmatizes therapy so I have never been.

If I could go back to say, my 10-13 year old self I would tell me to seek therapy through the school system, actually focus on grades cause I am more than capable of landing scholarships through gpa or even drawing, work as soon as I hit 16 to save up all my money and move the fuck out of town as soon as I'd be age.
>>
>>84788371

Why shouldn't you able to whatever you want to something INSIDE your body, spawned from your body, attached to your body and dependent on it?
>>
>>84788445
>Why shouldn't you murder something dependent on you?
I don't know, anon. Why shouldn't you?
>>
>>84788546
>why shouldn't you get your appendix or tonsils removed

MURDERER
>>
>>84788546

I guess you let worms live inside you? Wouldn't want to harm a defenseless creature that depends on your body now would you?
>>
File: Capture.png (605KB, 1207x532px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
605KB, 1207x532px
laughed when this joke passed without thinking anything of it
>>
>>84779399
It always looks like he finally gets it but he always fails
>>
>>84788574
Body parts aren't developing human beings.
>>
>>84785810
They are in certain circumstances. Funny thing is this was predicted as a big warning for society crumbling a century ago.
>>
>>84780237
no, it didn't. he wasn't like "hey, i think i'm asexual!" it seemed pretty natural to me. i think you're just having your judgment clouded by the /pol/ of it all
>>
File: HappyBirthday.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HappyBirthday.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>84780598
>>84780598
A hunky moron
>>
>>84780752
>One of penny's college friends was reading the book
man, this is one of the things i love most about this show. nothing is EVER introduced and then completely forgotten about, it's like everything in the show ACTUALLY exists in the show and can make an impact on the plot.
>>
>>84789406
>Bojack and Sara Lynn took one of the pasta strainers and used it as a bowl for their vodka bottles in the car.
>>
>>84780569
>>84781275
this. i remember hearing something like 90% of the dog breeds that exist today only came into existence in the last 100 years or something. labradors may not be that young, but i could easily see canada being "the old country" for them
>>
>>84781275
Essentially this.
>>
>>84781858
>when a 54 year old man trying to have sex with you during that vulnerable period
that's why it's so unbelievable. he was trying NOT to, he just ended up unable to resist temptation. i would go so far as to say that while, yes, bojack was certainly in the wrong, he was a little bit of a victim himself--to pressure. if she hadn't pushed it, he would have succeeded in rebuffing her the first time, and that would've been that. not saying that she can't regret what happened, but she acts like he tried to rape her or something. i understand that the idea of almost having sex with a 54 year old dude at 17 is terrible, but considering she wasn't scarred at the moment, she shouldn't be scarred now. Example given: when I was 7, my parents divorced. I didn't give a shit then, so why would I be like "omg why :(" now? the answer is I'm not. yeah, it sucked, but it happened.
>>
>>84778993
>I think he canonically doesn't have a horse sized dick

what?

well there goes the r34 pics.
>>
>>84786178
I thought it was fitting for him, he sounded confused
>>
>>84781723
Maybe you're just happy.
>>
I'm a little disappointed they made Todd asexual. As someone with anorgasmia, I latched onto the idea that Todd is someone who's simply incapable of having sex.
>>
File: jYqX1Lh.jpg (66KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
jYqX1Lh.jpg
66KB, 550x636px
>Just finished ep 4 of the new season
>"Damn, that was a great mostly dialog-less episode"
>Everyone around me is blowing up and having babies and kids.
>People bringing kids in to work all day yesterday

Man, I really need to get out more, or draw, or something. Damnit I need a feel good show right now.
>>
>>84789999
Why not both?
>>
>>84789999
I think Todd is a character a lot of people project on, thought he was weird with sex cause he was diddled as a kid or something.

He obviously likes people but doesn't want to get too close. He was okay with kissing as a teenager, don't know how asexuality works but it seems like he wants to be intimate with people just doesn't know how.
>>
>>84778824
>Also, the gay friend who put him in the Horsing around show was also quite the asshole.
How? It was Bojack who screwed HIM over.
>>
File: let the speculation commence.jpg (63KB, 534x573px) Image search: [Google]
let the speculation commence.jpg
63KB, 534x573px
>>
>>84786483
you're "killing" a bunch of cells. there's no consciousness in there. i don't understand pro-life arguments, killing something that has no memories, has never actually experienced anything because it has no thoughts or senses, that's like killing a plant. yeah, boo hoo, you just snuffed out the existence of something that was basically nothing anyway. and fuck the idea of "well, it could've been something." yeah, it could've been orphaned or raised by bad unwilling parents. why the fuck would you wish that on a new life?
>>
>>84790193
We already saw Charlotte's family, so the only other option is if she gave the daughter up for adoption, which isn't likely given what we know about Charlotte.
>>
I liked Diane being a racist.
>>
>>84787492
This. I was guilted into going through with my pregnancywhen I was raped as a teenager by my shitty religious family and the shitty religious people in my bumfuck nowhere town. Basically threatened to be kicked out if I didn't.

It was one of the most terrible experiences of my life and I wish I'd gotten an abortion. My body is fucking ruined, and not just in a superficial way. I have permanent back issues that ended up legally crippling me. Something went wrong with the epidural. I mean I can walk a little, I just can't stand or walk for very long without collapsing. To top it all off, I got kicked out of my home ANYWAY so they could raise the kid themselves. FUCK this shitty fucking world. I should have gone with my gut and gotten rid of it, but I was 16 and couldn't have signed for it by myself anyway. Or at least that's what I was told, I don't know. OH WELL NOW AT LEAST I GET TO BE A BITTER OLD PIECE OF SHIT WHO SPENDS ALL THEIR TIME ON 4CHAN AND WATCHING DEPRESSING CARTOONS
>>
>>84786035
>most of those character are either dead or emotionally distant from Bojack at this point in the series
Wow, just like in the real Eva!
>>
>>84790455
I'm sorry this horrible country failed you, anon.
>>
>>84790601
It's okay. I try not to think about it most of the time. Thank you. I sincerely mean it, I guess I needed that.
>>
File: 1466094588876.jpg (94KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1466094588876.jpg
94KB, 602x709px
>>84790455
holy fuck, that's fucking terrible
how could they do that to you?
>>
>>84786447
I've heard how in some clinics, they'll actually get emails once they enter the vicinity. No idea how they do that.
>>
>>84790713
Well, it's the kind of thing you hear about on like John Oliver's show (i know, le cuck etc). Regular people getting fucked over completely by stupid shit. Issues that are completely non-partisan OR SHOULD BE. It's the kind of terrible thing that could happen to anyone but nobody's doing anything to fix it and it makes me feel awful. And it makes me feel lucky to live my shitty life.
>>
>>84790026
>>Everyone around me is blowing up and having babies and kids.
i guess 4chan really is popular in India
>>
>>84790193
they weren't a couple at any point of the show though
>>
>>84784248
The fact we can see it coming just makes it worse, cause we see how it could be avoided
>>
>>84790775
Well they thought I was shitty for having sex before marriage even though they knew it was rape and it was indisputable. I'd always kind of been the "black sheep" too because I was tomboyish and interested in a career in science instead of being a housewife. In the end they decided I wasn't fit to raise a kid and I guess because they didn't really like me very much, it was easy for them to cut them out of their lives.

>>84790870
You know, in a fucked up way I think I am lucky. I could have stayed there and raised my kid, and I think, what if they were right? What if I would have been a terrible parent? Maybe part of me would have resented her for being the product of rape. Or even if things were fine, I'd most likely be struggling and living in extreme poverty forever. Because I was cut loose, I was able to leave that shitty state and while I'm not doing amazing, I'm probably doing better than I would be with a kid. So in a way I guess I do feel lucky. But I feel bad for feeling that way.

Sorry uh. I'm going to stop talking about me now and go back to internalizing these feelings forever. Bojack just gets me really thinking about shit.
>>
>>84789999

Todd is not asexual. He's mentally not ready for sex yet.
>>
>>84791157
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/magazine/the-world-according-to-bojack-horseman.html?_r=0

ctrl+f Aaron Paul
>>
Just finished it. Season 3 might be my least favorite. It was alright, but there wasn't any particularly hilarious episodes nor was there a very solid running plot and arc. This is coming after the god tier season 2 which I admit is hard to live up to, but it felt directionless and stakes-less. Even their big feelsy episode 11 of the season, I just didn't get invested at all in caring about what happened to Sarah Lyn. She wasn't someone Bojack was particularly invested in on screen up until her death and she wasn't likable in the first place.
>>
>>84779879
Abortion is wonderful, it lowers crime rates and unhappy single parentships everyhwhere. This has been proven
>>
Binged all seasons in 2 days.

The Social Justice shit kind of makes it dated, but everytime Diana opens her fucking mouth I keep waiting for a punchline and it just doesn't come.
>>
>>84787017
they are for all intents and purposes a mass of unthinking flesh that's basically just an extension of the mother, without capacity for any creation of thought or essence. They may as well be dead already.

That's true for, like, tumors. A fetus, if left alone, becomes a person. Its natural state is one of growth into a unique human being. I say this as someone who is pro-choice.

The mother is almost always going to be in best position to determine whether the fetus living or dying would be what's best for both of them, and I trust that women who get abortions don't need extra prompting to treat it like the weighty decision it is. People like you, on the other hand, make me wonder if anyone is worthy of being trusted with such a responsibility.
>>
>>84779879
I put the rights of the human being before the rights of a mass of cells any day. I also think men shouldnt have a say in the womans decision to abort.
>>
>>84781727
She overheard her mom. She was terrified her mom was going to literally kill him and leave her life by going to jail and make her life spiral.
>>
>>84778730
myself
I'm only good to other people when we're by ourselves and in any social situation, I start out strong and then, because of mental exhaustion, I absolutely embarass myself. I'm also incredibly paranoid and hostile
Thread posts: 540
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.