[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chinese superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DC-Rebirth-Chinese-Superman.jpg (290KB, 1988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Chinese-Superman.jpg
290KB, 1988x1000px
i picked up the first issue, seems pretty interesting so far. so I assume we're eventually getting a Justice League of China book in the future, with literal chinese knock-offs of the main JL team? mite be cool.

what does /co/ think of the new character?
>>
>>84772486

When do they stop being government cronies? Not interested until then. And the unoriginality is terrible.
>>
>>84772624
When do they confront how the Communist Party doesn't give a shit about people outside their family?
>>
Enjoyed the first issue, Kenan is cute. I don't think they intend on a spinoff book though at least not just yet.
>>
>>84772624

The idea that some faction of the Communist Party is creating Justice League knockoffs is freaking entertaining.

I hope it remains as a story set in China, modern China is hella weird.
>>
I haven't read this, but what happened to the August General and the Great 10?

Did Rebirth get rid of them?
>>
>>84772930
They're still around. They were in the arc that led into this one but I didn't read it.
>>
>>84772782
>modern China is hella weird

How so? And how much do the people care or not care about their government and their lack of say in it?

And why does there seem to be so little Chinese pop culture given that it's the most populated nation in the world? India's Bollywood produces tons of films.
>>
>>84773039
China has a ton of films too, and just like India, no one gives a shit about them.
>>
>>84773039
>And why does there seem to be so little Chinese pop culture

Dude, there are TONS of Chinese movies, tv shows and written fiction that never gets out of the country.

But what makes it so interesting?
It is an ultra-corrupt capitalist society controlled by a communist party that dictates whether or not you can be allowed to move into one of their most prosperous cities.
They build entire cities that will never get populated just to keep money flowing.
They make knockoffs of EVERYTHING. Some people were selling knockoff chicken eggs made out of inedible oils and plaster.
A milk company used toxic chemicals to fool a lactose-content test so they could water their product. People died. The scandal was so great that the Chinese government executed the people running the company.
They have mobile execution chambers so they can execute criminals and harvest their organs for sale.
They have a murder-boner against Tibetans.
North Korea is their angry toy dog.
A very significant part of the country only understands part of one of their two official written languages.

China. Is. Weird.
>>
>>84773510
>A very significant part of the country only understands part of one of their two official written languages.
China needs to adopt English or Hangook scripts.
>>
>>84773510
If only a native who lived there could write these comics while at the same time pointing out all the wackiness without running the risk of being shot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.