[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus... Gunn confirmed he's Quill's father.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 32

File: ego.jpg (69KB, 325x365px) Image search: [Google]
ego.jpg
69KB, 325x365px
Jesus...

Gunn confirmed he's Quill's father.
>>
Well that explains how he was able to tank an infinity stone, eh?
>>
nope

nope

noooooooope

don't care about this movie at all anymore gunn is literally just gunning for memes
>>
>>84765865
bullshit, sauce.
>>
>>84766068
>Peter born from Ego

If he plays it right it can come off just as weird and spiritual as the original conception for Star-Lord.

Seeing that Mantis is added, I kind of want the weird back in the Engleheart creations.
>>
>Ego gets announced for the MCU.

Who should play him?
>>
>>84766163
It's Kurt Russell you dolt
>>
>>84766163
Ian McKellen.
>>
It's gotta be a misdirect. Gunn probably got sick of all the clickbait reporting on who Star-Lord's father might be that he put together some shit for a laugh. Ego's probably in the movie sure, but just as an easter egg.
>>
>>84765865

Kurt Russel confirmed for Ego.

Dissappointed as I wanted Starhawk, and weired that Peter's dad is a planet.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-04-26-00h36m27s123.png (559KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-04-26-00h36m27s123.png
559KB, 854x480px
>>84765865

Are you sure it wasn't him saying Quill has a planet sized ego?
>>
>>84766157
>Drax makes a penis joke

nah fuck that
>>
>>84766217
>this denial
There was literally a part of the trailer where Russell talks about how he constructed a human body.
>>
gonna need a source there buddy
>>
>>84766441
Everyone who was at the SDCC panel.
>>
>Gunn goes to absurd lengths to give Quill a new origin that parallels Starhawk's
>Yondu' role is supposed to "make sense in context" as he knew Peter's father at one point
>LOL NO IT WAS EGO ALL ALONG :^)
>Ego has literally no connection to the Guardians whatsoever

I'm mad as hell.
>>
>>84766079
Comic con fool
>>
>>84766163
Kurt Russell is playing him you fool
>>
>Russell's Ego lands in a spaceship and introduces himself as Peter's father. He says that constructed himself in a human form.
>"Did you make a penis?" Drax asks.
>Frustrated, Peter tries to shut him up.
>But Ego doesn't mind. "Yes, Drax. I made a penis."
>>
>>84766565
That's funny as fuck.
>>
Gunn's facebook confirms the Ego thing.
>>
>GOTG comics are ruined
>GOTG movies are ruined
>all within the span of 3 years

This has to be a new record.
>>
So you can say.. Quill's mom..
Got Planet banged...
Just wow
>>
>>84765865
I bet they are going to pull parallels with Jesus/God/Religion.
>>
>>84766745
Yo daddy's so fat!
>>
>>84766228
Starhawk would be almost as weird as Ego, but I don't see Kurt Russel being willing to play a true Starhawk.
>>
>>84766782
This isn't a Snyder shitpile.
>>
>guys, Marvel Studios totally respects the source material!

Top fucking kek
>>
>>84766665
>WE DISCLOSED THE IDENTITY OF PETER QUILL’S FATHER

>This is the biggie, I guess. And, yes, as many people guessed, or assumed, Kurt Russell is playing Peter Quill’s father. And Peter Quill’s father is (as almost no one has guessed)…

>EGO.

>Known in the comics as Ego the Living Planet. Yeah, his dad is a planet. Sort of. It will all be explained in the film..

>But to me, this is the absolute center of Vol. 2, and one of the reasons I’ve been so excited about it. When Marvel first approached me with the first movie, I thought, “Wait a second? A talking raccoon? Isn’t that a rather ridiculous idea to base a movie around?”

>It was then that I took a step back and asked myself: Okay, if a raccoon could talk, and shoot a machine gun, how could that be? And answering that question ended up being the entire foundation of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1. There was a sadness in the answer. Rocket was an animal experimented upon, torn apart and put back together, without compassion. He was the only being of his type, had never known any hint of kindness, and was utterly and completely alone until he met his fellow Guardians. And, one of them in particular – Groot – thought it was worth sacrificing his life for his sake. This melancholy and beautiful undercurrent helped to ground the character for me. He had far more in common with Frankenstein’s monster than he did Bugs Bunny. And I related to him, greatly, and I hoped other folks who felt like outsiders would as well.

>Ego seemed, in many ways, like an even more ridiculous character. But I asked myself, if a planet was alive, how could that be? And how could it father a child?
>>
>>84766898
>The answers to those questions took me to a far deeper place that I expected. I don’t want to give away too many answers at this time. But what Nova Prime said about Peter’s father at the end of Vol. 1 is certainly true – he is something ancient and unknown. And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely than being the universe’s sole talking raccoon.

>I can’t wait for you guys to see Kurt Russell bring this character to life onscreen. It has been a rapturous experience creating Ego with him. We have both pushed ourselves as far as we can go in making him real, and grounded, and emotionally centered.
>>
Why does Marvel hate their Cosmic characters so much holy fuck
>>
>>84766898
>>84766946
What a fucking asshat

I can't believe I ever liked this tool
>>
>>84766898
>first a talking tree and an anthropomorphic raccoon with a really bad attitude and an affinity for comically sized guns
>then a living planet who banged an earth woman and had a kid
What's next?
>>
File: Promotion.jpg (17KB, 320x375px) Image search: [Google]
Promotion.jpg
17KB, 320x375px
>>84766898
>>84766946
>it's a good writer uplifts a character no one cared about episode
>>
>>84766898
>>84766946
Sounds interesting. Need to see the film in order judge how well he pulls it off.
>>
What's wrong with making Ego his dad? It's not like his dad has ever been an important part of his character. Hell when was the last time anyone has even seen J'son
>>
>starlords mom is such a slut she fugged an ENTIRE PLANET
>>
>>84767134
I also am failing to have a problem with this. It reeks of older style science fiction.

Now if it's done badly in the film, that's a different story, but so far all I've heard are the concepts.

About the only thing I'm really dreading is Marvel's inevitable movie follow up changes which destroy the current characters.
>>
Cant wait for tueaday to hear pat bitch about this
>>
>>84767012
Howard the Duck.

Oh wait.
>>
I wasn't expecting this at all.
>>
>>84767012
I really can't imagine what the fuck he would do next. Hopefully the third movie brings in a non-meme writer/director to salvage this trainwreck of a franchise.

>Mantis isn't green because she was fleshy in the comics first!
>makes Quill's dad a fucking planet for the sake of a stupid dick joke

I mean what the actual fuck
>>
>>84767134
>Hell when was the last time anyone has even seen J'son

Wasn't he the bad guy in that stupid Dark Mirror or whatever crossover? I sure didn't read it.
>>
>>84767262
I mean, really, the only place he can got from here is the Abstracts.
>>
>>84766565
forty kek
>>
>>84767307
He was villainous in some big Guardians event where everybody was ganging up on poor widdle Earth. IIRC that was either right before Dark Mirror or part of it.
>>
>>84767262
>Mantis isn't green because she was fleshy in the comics first!

Is this really a problem? They already have two green cast members.
>>
memes on memes
>>
>>84767341
>implying they'll ever be anything more than an Easter egg in the first movie
>>
File: 1348107030583.jpg (791B, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1348107030583.jpg
791B, 195x195px
>people actually wanted it to be j'son or starhawk
>>
>>84767446
The real issue is that she isn't barefoot. Gunn can go fuck himself for that.
>>
>>84765865
Don't forget, Ego was featured on Agents of SHIELD last season.
>>
>>84766806

Ego is way weirder than Starhawk. Starhawk can easily be cool (discard the switching genders shit) but Ego has the potential of coming off as extremely weird.
>>
>>84767446
It's not a problem per se it's just a hilarious justification on the part of a guy who clearly doesn't give a single fuck about anything else being true to the comics

I mean she's not even the Celestial Madonna, never studied with the priests of Pama (which would be a great way to expand on the Kree backstory he totally glossed over in the first movie)

Just reeks of self-important bullshit
>>
>>84767539
No he wasn't.
>>
>>84767262
Living Tribunal and 4th wall breaking jokes.
Maybe have the abstracts(sans the ones tied up to the FF franchise) show up
Have them realize they are in the middle of some major shit when Thanos shows up and starts slapping niggas shit.

Maybe even hint at the battle between him and Eternity.
Dear god let them show Thanos and Eternity duking it out.
>>
>>84767549
>but Ego has the potential of coming off as extremely weird

durrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>84767565
>Just reeks of self-important bullshit
I mean, this is a Marvel movie we're talking about here.
>>
Yo papapa so fat
>>
>>84767488
Haha yeah man fuck me for wanting more GOTG in my GOTG movies right?

>we will never see the classic guardians together on the big screen
>Yondu will forever be a meme character from here on out
>>
>>84767641

Well I meant moreso his transformation from human form to planet and back again.
>>
>>84767645
Marvel movies are fun though, that's their main criticism even on /co/
>>
>>84767723
I'm sure the 5 comic GOTG fans are quite pissed.
>>
>>84766709
I wish I can save this post and show it to /co/ 6 years ago

>What? No way troll, they will never make a GOTG movie

second best thing is this post next to posts from an archive about a GOTG possibility
>>
>>84767723
Better update that Charlie-27 shrine for your webring.
>>
>>84767641
No shit, but the cool kind of wierd that makes people go HOLY SHIT!
Not the off kind.

I honestly wish that he was some kind of mysterious benefactor and they realized that the reason why it seemed like he was the only one there and seemed to show up everywhere was because he was everywhere.

And after they make a skin of their teeth escape they just keep going and realize that they are not getting away, they think the ship is in a tractor beam or something but the movement of the stars tells them that the planet is following them

They look back and see a giant face. Then they are all hit with a psychic wave screaming something or other.

Something like that.

But this...has potential to be cool.
Will he have any powers or anything or will it just be...different.
>>
>>84767816
You're damn right I'm pissed you fucking movie casual.

I had no problem with him changing around as long as he kept it firmly grounded in GOTG, but this is just absurd.
>>
>>84767900
enjoy your bendis shit and old comics forever
>>
File: past.png (93KB, 481x119px) Image search: [Google]
past.png
93KB, 481x119px
>>84767853
>webring
holy shit
>>
The OG guardians team have never been interesting outside of Annihilation and even then they paled in comparison to Nova and his shenanigans
>>
>>84765865
SON OF A .... QUILLS FATHER IS EGO PRIME!
>>
>>84767953
Bendis and Humphries are awful. I had a lot of faith in Gunn.

>>84767987
>OG Guardians
>Annihilation
>>
File: 1312166946753.jpg (51KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1312166946753.jpg
51KB, 720x540px
>>84765865

You're joking.
>>
I want drawfags to have pictures of Ego with a floating cup of wine trying to woo Quill's mom.
>>
>>84767987
No shit. I storytimed about 15 or 16 issues of the OG Guardians when the first movie came out, and there was zero fucking interest on this board. Seeing someone sperging about how they're a hardcore fan and how Ego ruined their life is hilarious.
>>
I have no idea what the fuck Marvel is doing anymore, but let's see where this train goes. I want to see them exhaust every facet of Marvel.
>>
>>84765865
Wait, Peter's mom took a dick from a living planet? No wonder she ended up with cancer.
>>
>>84765865
This is fucking stupid.
>>
I guess the only thing I can say about this is, "not muh Guardians."
Like, it's fine that he's doing his own thing with them, I just don't understand why? The GDnA stuff put down a pretty good tonal bedrock for a film of scrappy fighters trying to hold the Universe together before everything fell apart. But they just all feel like different characters now, and that bums me out.
>>
>>Thinking of an Ego size penis
>>CUM and get your loooooove!
>>
>>84768118
Who said anything about it ruining my life? If anything it's probably a good thing ultimately, I can stop worrying about this shit.

And I'm sorry nobody else turned up for that storytime but I distinctly remember appreciating it. Sorry other people don't like the comics I've always loved I guess? Whatever.
>>
>>84768207
I feel like Marvel is gonna get waaaaaay too tongue in cheek. I mean, the new Thor Ragonork logo makes it seem like they want the film to be a cheezy 80's fest.
>>
>>84768207
>, I just don't understand why?

This is the most autistic shit i have ever heard in all of 4Chan since that guy that was pissed because they gave him an underwater weight test.
>>
>>84768307
You need to lurk more and stop posting then.
>>
Finally, Marvel Adventures' Ego the Loving Planet gets adapted to the big screen.
>>
File: 1452220635112.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1452220635112.png
211KB, 327x316px
>haha casuals aren't going to see this movie, they're going to think its too weird, a talking tree and a raccoon?

>WTF EGO IS HIS DAD???? WTF MARVEL THAT'S TOO FAR
>>
>>84767588
Yes he was you idiot, he was the planet simmons was trapped on. Remember, it was "alive"?

And the moons you can see in the sky match Ego perfectly.
>>
>>84768414
Your strawman doesn't make any sense. The raccoon and the tree are from the comics. Ego has never interacted with these characters (as far as I know, I'm no expert like this other anon apparently is). No one is complaining about it being too weird, just that it doesn't really make any sense.
>>
>>84768429
That planet wasn't even called Ego, it was called Maveth, and its history wasn't Ego's at all: Hive made its civilizations go to war, destroy each other, and turn the whole world into a wasteland. It being "alive" was all just Hive. Literally nothing to do with Ego. Now piss off.
>>
>>84768546
>Ego has never interacted with these characters
>Or maybe they have
You're a fucking retard, dude.
>>
>>84767242
I just want Matt to laugh his ass off and yell "EGO THE LIVING PLANET!"
>>
>>84768307
>This is the most autistic shit i have ever heard in all of 4Chan since that guy that was pissed because they gave him an underwater weight test.

His sister had to wear tight pants and a sport bra, so she enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
>>84768623
That would be you since you lack such basic reading comprehension. I said as "far as I know," that's a perfectly valid clause to add because it hinges on the comics I've read.

And that doesn't change the fact that my point was that your strawman doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>84768746
If you don't know the history of the comics maybe you shouldn't comment on it then, you dumb fuck?
>>
I'm mixed on this, on one hand
>Oh neat, Ego!
On the other hand
>But isn't he a Thor villain? Why GotG?
Could Marvel pull something where Galactus could appear in the MCU if they reclassified him as a Thor antagonist?
>>
>>84768831
>continuing to miss the point

Your attempts at deflection will not save you anon. Your strawman was bad. I suggest you lurk more before trying your hand at epic memes.
>>
So....who's going to be the first to draw up some Ego in planet form fucking Quill's mom? The internet needs this.
>>
>>84768944
I'm not even the person you responded to, dipshit.
>>
>>84768600
No you fucking idiot, the planet wasn't called Maveth before the super inhuman was banished there. It's alive, has tentacles growing out of the ground and the exact same moon setup as ego.

It's fucking ego, you daft cunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 184x184px
STOP TALKING ABOUT EGO THE LIVING PLANET
>>
>>84768600
Idk man but he might have a point, didn't they say the plant was alive and had "moods"?

Plus creating sandstorms was never part of the inhuman's power set, so it makes no sense why he would be able to control the weather like he did. Could very well be ego
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x683px
>>
>>84769113
Then why are you involving yourself in the first place? Now you look even dumber than the anon I responded to.

>X has never happened (to my knowledge)

Is a perfectly normal thing to say, especially when I'm not even complaining about Ego's presence in the first place. I was only pointing out that anon's strawman makes no sense since nobody in this thread is complaining about Ego being too weird, and was attempting to explain why other people are actually complaining, while clarifying that I myself do not know for certain.
>>
>>84768546
Even if they did interact, what difference would that make? It's not like movie Quill is the same as comics Quill, and they made that work just fine. The logic of your complaint might as well be
>how can characters in movies interact with each other if they aren't dictated by a comic book to base their interactions on?
>>
>>84769343
B
>>
I'll believe it when we see it in the movie.
>>
>>84769343
DR QUILL? I'M NOVA.
>>
>>84769455
I'm not complaining about anything, I pointed out a fallacy in anon's strawman.
>>
File: 1466914186025.jpg (703KB, 901x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466914186025.jpg
703KB, 901x750px
You all aren't really this stupid are you?
>>
>>84769455
>>84769606
Both of you fuck off, you're both retards.
>>
You guys realize that if Ego the living planet is in GotG Vol. 2, there is absolutely NO CHANCE Maveth from Agents of SHIELD was Ego, right? I mean I know AoS fans can be pretty delusional, but you've got to realize they wouldn't let Star Lord's father deput on an ABC show, right? Tell me you grasp that.
>>
>>84768838
Ego's a Thor villain in the same way Galactus is a F4 villain.

They originated in those books but play a much larger role to the universe at large and aren't bound to them
>>
>>84769654
You first, idjit.
>>
>>84769343
Ego vs Unicron when?
>>
>>84769343

FOR
>>
>Kurt Russell as Ego
>fucked Peter's mom in the 80s

So would his human form have looked like Snake Plissken or MacReady? Because if it did, I don't blame his mom for taking the planet-sized d.
>>
>>84769459
A
>>
>>84769926
YOU
>>
File: Starman.jpg (38KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
Starman.jpg
38KB, 348x500px
>>84769990
If anything, him not being humanoid but taking human form that looks like Jeff Bridges to father a child with a human woman just makes the Starman parallels stronger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nip7k0m08PM
>>
File: 1462231930240.png (16KB, 512x468px) Image search: [Google]
1462231930240.png
16KB, 512x468px
>>84769455
> It's not like movie Quill is the same as comics Quill, and they made that work just fine.
Meme-Lord did not work out just fine. They ruined Quill's cool origin and his development up to where he forms the new Guardians for DUDE 80s LMAO bullcrap.
>>
>>84769185
>No you fucking idiot, the planet wasn't called Maveth before the super inhuman was banished there.
It doesn't matter, you dumbass, if it was called Ego they would have called it Ego. The fact that they didn't says a lot.

>It's alive
It isn't.

>has tentacles growing out of the ground
It had an alien plant, living in water. Which isn't how Ego's tentacles work.

>the exact same moon setup as ego.
Except that it clearly doesn't have the "exact" same setup when we only saw two moons and the one is far tinier than any of Ego's are.

Christ, all of that shit about the planet being "alive" was just the paranoid ravings of the guy who had been there for years and had no idea about what Hive was. Tell me, why didn't Ego ever interact with any of these people through all of the centuries they came? Why didn't Mantis, who we know he raised via the panel, interact with any of them? Why did all of the planet's hints at being "alive" only be things that helped Hive? Why didn't Hive ever talk about the planet being literally alive? Why does Maveth's backstory include zero hints at Ego? Why isn't GOTG2 going to acknowledge this stuff at all?

>>84769304
The planet was in fucked up shape and subject to all kinds of shitty weather, that's what they meant by "moods." That is what the people who had no idea what exactly Hive was thought, yes. The fact that Hive was in all of those sandstorms makes it pretty obvious that he was somehow generating them, or that he was just hanging out in the part of Maveth where they were most common. The implication was very much that Hive was behind everything bad happening on Maveth, leading to Will's fear that the planet itself was out to get him. Which also makes no sense with how it sounds like GOTG2 isn't depicting Ego as this fucking cruel, sadistic villain who helps evil Inhumans kill and possess people from the planet where he fell in love and had a kid.
>>
>>84770246
You posted a laughing reaction image, but your post is full of butt-hurt. Why is that?
>>
>>84766565
>laughing evans.exe
>>
>>84770281
>Which also makes no sense with how it sounds like GOTG2 isn't depicting Ego as this fucking cruel, sadistic villain who helps evil Inhumans kill and possess people from the planet where he fell in love and had a kid. TRUST ME GUYS! I ALREADY SAW THE MOVIE! I'M NOT JUST SOME CUNT THAT IS PULLING SHIT OUT OF HIS ASSHOLE
>>
If this doesn't make it into the movie I'm gonna be pissed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Mqj9X-xLk
>>
>>84770425
I'm going off of what Gunn said about Ego's character on facebook, you dumbass. In fact, let's return to that, shall we?

>The answers to those questions took me to a far deeper place that I expected. I don’t want to give away too many answers at this time. But what Nova Prime said about Peter’s father at the end of Vol. 1 is certainly true – he is something ancient and unknown. And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely than being the universe’s sole talking raccoon.
>And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely than being the universe’s sole talking raccoon.
>And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons
>a cosmic being, alone for eons
>alone for eons
>ALONE
>FOR
>EONS
There's your proof that Ego isn't Maveth. Now fuck off.
>>
>>84770654
>I'm going off of what Gunn said about Ego's character on facebook, you dumbass. TRUST ME GUYS! I ALREADY SAW THE MOVIE! I'M NOT JUST SOME CUNT THAT IS PULLING SHIT OUT OF HIS ASSHOLE
>>
>>84770785
>going off of what the director himself said
>pulling shit out of my asshole
How long are you planning to be buttmad that you were proven wrong for?
>>
>>84770920

Yeah. That's EXACTLY what you are doing, you stupid cunt.

Until you actually show me how Ego looks, behaves and what he does in the movie. Is nothing but asspulls, you stupid mother fucker.
>>
>>84770246
Peter had a stupid 60's pulp origin. It wasn't cool.
Unless you meant the moon-destruction attitude-origin for Pete, and the Dirty Dozen Kree prison recruitment.
>>
>>84771038
Calm down, anon. So your fanfic theory won't be true. Get over it.
>>
>>84771202
>So your fanfic theory won't be true.

Wut?
>>
>>84771202

>Get called for his bullshit
>Tries to deflect the point

Don't try this shit, it only makes you look like a fucking moron.
>>
I am liking this change. It's very intriguing. Humanizing Ego the Living Planet. I trust Gunn. This should be good.
>>
>>84771307
You're the one deflecting the point by claiming quotes from the director are "asspulls."
>>
Do we even know what this movie is about?
>>
File: pat clouds.png (152KB, 385x261px) Image search: [Google]
pat clouds.png
152KB, 385x261px
>>84767242
They should have a roll of duct tape handy to cover his mouth any time he tries to talk about anything related to comics.
>>
>Peter's mom is such a slut she let a whole planet fuck her.
>>
>>84771400

So you can tell me just how the entire movie is going to be from quotes? I bet you loved what they did with BvS before release!

You stupid, stupid cunt.
>>
>>84771569
None of your bitching about me using sources changes what Gunn said, you know.
>>
>>84768295
>the new Thor Ragonork logo makes it seem like they want the film to be a cheezy 80's fest.
And that sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>84771487
She's like Galactus if he was a complete slut. Instead of eating planets, she gets fucked by them.
>>
>>84768546

Not 100% sure, but Gamora and Drax interacting with Ego back in the old Marvel Cosmic days or (especially) during the Infinity Watch era seems pretty damn likely.

Quill, Groot, and Rocket? Not so much. They were bargain bin nobodies before Annihilation/Conquest. Gamora and Drax were central players during most major Thanos stories.
>>
>>84766565
>"Yes, Drax. I made a penis."
God tier quote.
>>
>mantis is an autistic orphan that was literally living on Ego
>her role will be the innocent and socially awkward step little sister of Peter
Mark my words.
>>
>>84773162
That would be cute.
>>
>>84765865
You guys get that Gunn is fucking with you, right?
Do you think for a second a director would spoil the ending to his movie a year before it's released?
>>
>>84773376
It's a good thing he didn't spoil the ending then. The movie's about Peter's relationship with his father, why would you think he only appears in the ending? Russell is literally in the trailer they showed at SDCC.
>>
>>84773474
>Russell is literally in the trailer they showed at SDCC.
Has that been uploaded yet?
>>
>>84773696
No, and I doubt it will be anytime soon.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (58KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
58KB, 500x332px
>>84773748
>>
>>84773696
>>84773748
And it won't.

Gunn literally said on Twitter the trailer would only be released for the SDCC attendants. We can only hope for ''''leaks'''' now.
>>
A. FUCKING. PLANET.

Now we only need Sly Stallone to play generic Nova Corp "Richard Rider" for /co/ to burn like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>84774159
Who do we get Ahnold to play?
>>
File: 69617320.jpg (92KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
69617320.jpg
92KB, 500x315px
>>
File: 1265405030516.jpg (186KB, 587x470px) Image search: [Google]
1265405030516.jpg
186KB, 587x470px
>>84774268
>>
>>84774268
So, did Ego give her cancer? How high in transuranic elements is planet semen?
>>
>>84774267
Annihilus
>>
>>84774479
Or Warlock.
>>
>>84774479
Fox has the rights
>>
File: 1462730045096.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1462730045096.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>84766898

Wow my interest in this suddenly tanked. Did Gunn lose his fucking mind?
>>
>>84774763
Man, I was hoping if they would change it they would use Starfox just because it would be funny if Peter was Thanos' nephew.
Has Ego ever taken a human form before in comics?
>>
>>84774763
No.

He knows how to make money. Now, with this reveal he'll have legions of curious and naive normalfags going to see how the fuck a Planet could possibly make a children with a human woman, hyping up the interest for the movie even more.
>>
>>84770246
>They ruined Quill's cool origin

What, the whole Master of the Sun shit that was barely explained and never made sense?
>>
File: o-JEREMY-CLARKSON-facebook.jpg (325KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-JEREMY-CLARKSON-facebook.jpg
325KB, 2000x1000px
>>84766163
>>
File: Guardians 2.jpg (82KB, 558x282px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians 2.jpg
82KB, 558x282px
What will be the huge weird plot twist of Guardians 3?
>>
>>84776289
Will we make a crazy image for 2 like we did for the first?
>>
>>84767953
Not even Bendis was retarded enough to make Ego a father of a Terran.
>>
>>84776383
He's probably sitting on the edge of his bed lamenting it didn't occur to him first.
>>
File: 1465702090297.jpg (18KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
1465702090297.jpg
18KB, 510x430px
>Ego will star in movie before Mogo.
>Casuals and marvelfags will call copycats when Mogo gets shown in a Green Lantern movie.

Why even live /co/mrades?
>>
>>84776492
You do know Ego was created first right?
>>
>>84776436
Or laughing his ass off because he dodged a bullet by having established J'son already.
>>
>>84776578
Doubt so. Bendis lives to angry people.

>dodged a bullet
If anything it's making people more interested in the movie.
>>
>>84765865
Glorious, I know it is fake, but just the idea of Ego's giant, continent sized dick sticking through our atmosphere to plunge into momma quill's bedroom window as they have LITTERALLY EARTH SHATTERING ORGASIMS, and no one pays attention because she grew up in a prude community and they all just turned up the radio or tvs to not hear things Jesus would ignore... Ohh God, that series of images will keep my sides in orbit for many days.
>>
>>84776675
>Glorious, I know it is fake
Is not though.
>>
>>84776675
>I know it is fake
Except that it isn't. Anon, they literally announced this.

http://time.com/4420764/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-kurt-russell/
>>
>>84765865
I love it. It really fucks with the whole movie/comics synergy thing Marvel is trying to force. It's gonna be fun to see how Bendis will strugle to retcon it.
>>
>>84776492
But Anon, Mogo IS the copy.
>>
>>84776672
Like I said, dodged a bullet. No one will force him to acknowledge this retardation because his story is already laid down. The interest of the movie will rub to the comic anyways...or won't. Either way he wins. And if the movie is shit, he would've dodged two bullets.
>>
>>84776831
Bendis doesn't give a fuck about the movie anon. Never did.

Before you start describing Humphries comics or posting Humphries pages, I'll tell you he's out of the company already.
>>
>>84776900
And like I said, he loves to piss people off. Something like Ego being the real father of Peter Quill would've attracted more readers just to see how bad he'd fuck up, but instead he'll do shitty Guardians of Earth.
>>
>>84777009
He did when he stole ideas from early scripts for his book.
>>
Are we sure that Ego will actually be a living planet in this, rather than a living star?
>>
>>84767239
Bendis just got cucked by Gunnagain
>>
>>84777041
You seem to think Bendis is struggling with sales or something like that. He's not. If it's about pissing people off, that's the easiest job in the world. Cosmicfags will rage about absolutely anything. He doesn't even have to try.
>>
>>84777130
For reference. Gunn seems to have said.
>GO.
>Known in the comics as Ego the Living Planet.
>Yeah, his dad is a planet. Sort of. It will all be explained in the film..
>>
>>84777077
In a book he did for the paycheck. Not even he cares about what he did on Avengers Assemble anymore.
>>
>>84777130
Gunn's called him a living planet and talked about how he's thought about how that would work, so why wouldn't he be?
>>
>>84777172
But he is. His Guardians run has been steadily decreasing in sales and DC is blowing up Civil War II out of the water with Rebirth. He needs something to create a shitstorm, like Hydra Cap did, and his usual shitty writing is not doing it anymore.
>>
>>84769343
UUUU
>>
>>84776492
>implying the GLC movie is ever happening
>implying Snyder won't remove all mythos from the Green Lanterns and just make Hal's ring something Bruce Wayne invented for him
>>
>>84776336
Post the first, I lost it
>>
>>84777262
Nope he isn't. His book is on par with Marvel's current plan for sales, what's more he's the only guy keeping the franchise alive after all the other books of the line bombed badly. I bet Marvel is begging Bendis to stay.
>>
>>84777385
It is though and it keeps going down.

Marvel doesn't need to beg, it's a fact the fat fuck won't leave his comfort zone.
>>
>>84777262
Nova's coming back soon. I'm sure that'll happen sometime during the "last GotG arc forever" thing going on soon. That will get some interest going
>>
>>84766228
This Starhawk would have been cool and it felt like Gunn was setting him up too.

Didn't much like what I heard about vol. 2 I guess whatever good was in the first one was because of Nicole Perlman.
>>
>>84777847
It's happening in November. It's confirmed he and Sam are starring in the new Nova book together.
>>
>>84778005
I already knew that. I was just saying Richard could appear before the #1 of that book starts in the upcoming arc for GotG where Bendis is trying drum up some drama. It'd be a very easy way for him to increase interest for that.
>>
>>84767488
Nah fuck J'Son

I honestly did expect Starhawk though, Gunn has mentioned him multiple times as being one of his favs and Meredith described him when she described Peter's dad also the Ravagers in the comics are connected to him.
>>
>>84767816
The same 5 who gave a shit about the Movie GotG before they were in a movie, go home bandwagoner.
>>
>>84777911
Perlman was the one who set up Quill's backstory in the movie and the one who wrote the main plot as well.

All Gunn did was direct and add his personal brand of humor.

Vol. 2 is truly Gunn on his own though so we will see what he's made of.
>>
>>84767488
I'm just surprised they didn't make his dad be Adam warlock.
>>
>>84773797
How did no one in all of Hall h have their phones on? Jesus it should have been leaked already.
>>
>>84768207
Why the fuck are you only now bitching about it? Drax, Star-Lord and Yondu are NOTHING like their comic counter-parts, in both origin and character, yet them doing it to Ego and Mantis is somehow crossing the line?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (933KB, 2560x1965px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
933KB, 2560x1965px
>>84768546

Holy shit fuck off
>>
>>84766946
>being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely
Gunn I sort of don't doubt that entirely, but why the fuck would the first thing such a being with all its knowledge of all the kinds of organisms it can find simple genuine companionship with do is find a female human to get some pussy?!?
>>
>>84780709
>but why the fuck would the first thing such a being with all its knowledge of all the kinds of organisms it can find simple genuine companionship with do is find a female human to get some pussy?!?

It's almost like he's making a movie to tell that story to explain it..........woah.....
>>
>>84780788
Yes, any story told is automatically self-explanatory, such as all the deliberation on Odison's unworthiness and name being a title or Bobby Drake's sexuality.
>>
>>84780881
>any story told is automatically self-explanatory,

An over 2 hour long movie isn't automatic self-explanatory interjection.

They're making a movie to tell you this story of how Ego the Living Planet came to bring about Peter Quill.
>>
>>84766228
>and weired that Peter's dad is a planet
his mom stood on a chair
>>
>>84766565
>>"Did you make a penis?" Drax asks.
>>"Haven't you seen Steven Universe?" Ego replies
>>
>>84776289
>What will be the huge weird plot twist of Guardians 3?
Groot's Jewish.
>>
So how long you guys think till the footage leaks online?
>>
>>84780654
Are you fucking stupid? Richard Rider isn't a member of the GOTG.
>>
>>84766565
Is this real?
>>
>>84783147
unfortunately
>>
>>84783160
You're kidding. So we aren't even getting proper-sized Ego? That's fucking lame.
>>
>>84766709
The comics are actually saved. Bendis' run is finally ending.
>>
File: 1465841922257.jpg (46KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1465841922257.jpg
46KB, 568x479px
>>84783609
>he thinks Bendis was the real problem with the current state of the franchise
>he thinks Bendis himself won't pick his sucesors like he picked Zdarsky
>he thinks this whole last arc isn't just a stunt to relaunch
>>
>>84775175
The idea of stealing someone else's destiny and having to prove that you deserve it is a rather cool one.
>>
So how long until the comics reveal that lonely Ego is Peter's real dad and he just took the form of Jason (who he had probably met at some point) to explore the and fuck Pete's mom and Jason being a right cunt in 616 used this knowledge to manipulate Peter who he never really liked anyway but who would have made a powerful heir to the Spartax throne? Or something.
>>
>>84783925
Yeah but that was never really the plot of the origin. The other astronaut was never destined to be Star-Lord, it was probably meant to be Quill along. The Master wanted him for his singular devotion and dedication, but knew that he needed to work out his anger issues.
>>
File: Thorse Yes No Yes.png (374KB, 680x352px) Image search: [Google]
Thorse Yes No Yes.png
374KB, 680x352px
>>84768406
>Ego the loving planet
>>
>>84783909
>dumb evans poster
What was the real problem then, asshole?
>>
>>84766228
>TFW I shouldn't ask but I will
So any drawfags want to do lewds of Peter Quill's mom and dad doing with his dad as a planet?
>>
>>84784366
>so do I just, like, hump a mountain here or what?
>>
>>84765865
Isn't that Pat?
>>
>>84765865
How can a living planet have sex with a woman?
>>
You know, after sleeping on it, I realized that Star-Lord has always been an absolute mess of a character.

>Englehart does kooky cosmic astrological origin, bolts before explaining anything
>Claremont turns him into Flash Gordon
>Zahn eschews Quill entirely in favor of a new guy that may as well be a Jedi
>Marvel tries a couple times to bring Quill into 616, can't keep a straight timeline to save their life
>Giffen makes him a bitter old soldier for some reason
>DnA make him into a funnyman
>Bendis tries to turn him into Commander Shepard
>Perlman turns him into John Crichton before Gunn throws out the astronaut stuff
>while Bendis half-assedly attempts to follow suit Humphries makes him a walking meme
>Gunn throws all the previous shit out the window and makes him the son of a living planet

I mean when the hell is this character going to stabilize?
>>
>>84784152
Marvel's direction for the franchise you imbecile. Guardians of the Galaxy is considered inside Marvel editorial as a comedy franchise for kids.
>>
File: tumblr_nacml4VfVM1qh59n0o2_500.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nacml4VfVM1qh59n0o2_500.png
192KB, 500x375px
>>84784501
>How can a living planet have sex with a woman?
>>
>>84766163
Kevin Bacon
>>
>>84784503
I see Star-Lord as a guy with potential, but seriously it's one hell of a mess.

>>84784738
OK, now I've seen it all.
>>
>>84784501
Ego's got a tiny dick (proportionally-speaking, anyway; it's about the size of Andre the Giant).
>>
File: tumblr_nacml4VfVM1qh59n0o3_500.png (190KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nacml4VfVM1qh59n0o3_500.png
190KB, 500x375px
>>84784738
>And the punchline
>>
>>84784501
Apparently he can form a humanoid body.
>>
>>84765865
>That small scene in Firebreather where the MC finds out he's half kaiju and his mom is about to explain to him how she copulated with the King of the Kaiju.
>>
>>84784917
Remembered that one.

Also remembered that it was supposed to be a Marvel movie and the MC's dad was supposed to be Fin Fan Foom, but they changed it all.
>>
>>84780654
One of the first things Gunn said about GotG 2 is that Nova isn't going to be in it.
>>
>>84767987
But the OG Guardians weren't in Annihilation?
>>
File: Reign 03.jpg (354KB, 1280x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Reign 03.jpg
354KB, 1280x1980px
oh god why do I feel this is gonna degenerate into pic related
>>
>>84785219
Don't feed him, he's just another jackass passing judgement on comics he's never bothered to read.
>>
>>84765865
Ego's gonna pull a Zeus and transform into Kurt Russel to bang Peter's mom
>>
Ego's 'human' costume: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-first-look-at-kurt-russells-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-costume
>>
>>84766068
>gunn is literally just gunning for memes
What does that even mean?
>>
>>84785607
Why did they even bother showing this off?
>>
Why is everyone acting like this is going to ruin the film? We have threads literally every day about how 'casuals' are ruining comic adaptions by not being able to handle ridiculousness and now you think this is too much?
>>
>>84786864
Firstly because /co/ is not a single person and secondly because the majority of /co/ is composed by contrarians that love to shit on anything.
>>
>>84783196
Oh, we are..
>>
>>84786983
THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>84786864
I admit I was pretty pissed yesterday but that was due to my own expectations more than anything. Needed to do some rampant anonymous venting and then go think about it for awhile.

I'm okay with it now. It's not what I was hoping for but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As other anons have said I can see how this could turn out interesting and tie in more to Englehart's bizarre vision of the character.

I still wish he would mine the existing GOTG material a bit more but it's his prerogative, I'll do my best to judge the movie on its own merits.
>>
File: 1342965750701.jpg (40KB, 490x208px) Image search: [Google]
1342965750701.jpg
40KB, 490x208px
>>84785607
>god avatar of a planet

>looks like a hobo

ehhhhhhhh
>>
CONCEPT ART OF EGO FUCKING CONFIRMED
>>
>>84766228
Starhawk is shit.
>>
>>84787296
If Starhawk is so shit why did Gunn basically give Peter his origin? You know Starhawk is Gunn's favorite character right?
>>
>>84774763
>the writer of tromeo and juliet, scooby doo live action movie
>Did Gunn lose his fucking mind?

yes, that's a nice observation. very fucking nice.
>>
>>84766068
Ego is a meme?
Don't you have to be kinda well known to be a meme??
>>
File: 1253512652134.png (241KB, 512x377px) Image search: [Google]
1253512652134.png
241KB, 512x377px
>>84776492
>dcasual thinking they're being smart while getting basic facts wrong
The ironing
>>
How long until J'Son is reteconned from the comics?
>>
>>84766163
It's going to be Sylvester Stallone
>>
>>84767723
Man, grow the fuck up. The MCU hadn't been a 616 adaptation ever and if anything they've just moved further and further away. Starhawk as peters dad sounded cool but so does this.
>>
>>84788120
A month after this movie comes out.
>>
>>84788245
Well not to be pedantic but the original Guardians weren't 616 in the first place
>>
>mfw ego is with pratical effects
>>
>>84788871
>>84787200
can't wait for /co/ and /tv/ to shit on cgi and say it looks teletubbies-tier

can't

fucking

wait
>>
>>84766565
heh, it's pretty funny
>>
What if Ego has the ability to create a human sized avatar of sorts?
>>
>>84789626
He did it when he appeared in the second season of that Fantastic Four cartoon that used to air on Fox Kids.

It was also the episode where he died too.
>>
File: ego0002.jpg (190KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
ego0002.jpg
190KB, 1280x1707px
ego costume
>>
>>84765865

Oh the fuck did that fuck his mum?
>>
>>84785251
Why did he have to dig up M.J.'s corpse?
>>
>>84789626
He is, and Drax makes a dick joke.

Can't wait for that scene.
>>
>>84774448
Let's be honest with ourselves. There is no woman, human or otherwise, who could survive the Dgo.
>>
>>84784503
Is he the Hawkman of Marvel?
>>
Will Kurt destroy a priceless artifact in this movie as well?
>>
Forget about Quill''s gigantic slut of a mom for a moment. Do they have Wi Fi in space?
>>
>>84789753
Neat. I like the cape.
>>
File: 1459227377480.png (245KB, 335x303px) Image search: [Google]
1459227377480.png
245KB, 335x303px
>they have sexualized Ego
>>
>>84789788
Have you never seen hentai? Ego the living planet and also the space tentacle monster
>>
Has there ever been a comic where Ego meets or speaks to Gaea? She's basically earth itself, right? Or she at least represents its bio-force or whatever.

And if not, any fanart of Ego in planet form fucking planet earth itself? I want to see their celestial dance.
>>
>>84790737
Not really. I mean up until Bendis got his hands on him there was a relatively clear continuity between these changes, scattered though they were. But nobody aside from maybe Claremont ever really defined a proper long-standing place for him. I guess Gunn is sort of doing that on the movie side but again he's practically thrown out all the previous material to do it.
>>
>>84766068
Take your autism to reddit
>>
>>84777009
but he only killed off rhodey because he thought he died in the movie
>>
>>84793931
What an idiot
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.