[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: From_hell_tpb.jpg (39KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
From_hell_tpb.jpg
39KB, 224x300px
Is it good? Of course it's about the worst Ripper theory but it's not like there's much variety in Jack stories in fiction.
>>
>>84765155

Read it. It's pretty decent.
>>
>>84765155
From Hell (2006) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-InYourEar,Man)
https// openload dot co/f/v_HkgnG8EqQ/
>>
>>84765155
It's not just about Jack the Ripper; it's about the city of London in which Jack the Ripper existed, and how people experienced the horror and spectacle of the times.

Is it good? Read it and decide for your self. It's very earnest.
>>
It's not good, it's great. It's dense and dirty and psychotic. It's ambitious in its scope. It's writing and art are top class.
>>
>>84765155
I love it. The sheer amount of research that went into making the setting feel real is astounding, and almost every individual moment is annotated in the back of the trade with information and citations on why things are the way they are. It's my favorite Moore work.
>>
>>84765155
revisionist garbage that ignores the fact that jack the ripper's identity was always known and he was only ever not arrested because the jewish community defended him and refused to testify in court even though they admitted to seeing him commit the murders
>>
>>84778092
this.
>>
>>84778092

...you never read it, did you.
>>
>>84778092
Who was he?
>>
>>84779077

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper_suspects#Aaron_Kosminski
>>
Moore's besr work, family.
>>
>>84781345
I like Top 10 more but to each their own.
>>
It's a masterpiece, a truly awesome read from start to finish.
>>
Huh, Sir William was a cool dude, Moore didn't do him justice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_William_Gull,_1st_Baronet#Support_for_women_in_medicine

(Well, he was awesome in From Hell, but not as likeable as he seems to have been irl)
>>
>>84778092
>Jewish community

It was one unreliable witness
>>
File: 1385760144133.png (284KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1385760144133.png
284KB, 491x491px
>>84783087
No, they were 100% reliable and they admitted it was him, but refused to testify against another jew, which back then in england meant they couldn't be convicted.

DNA testing later proved they were telling the truth.

tl;dr: you're not fooling anyone chaim
>>
Does this have prose like Watchmen?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.