[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Killing Joke Movie Ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 48

File: batman-the-killing-joke.jpg (715KB, 2000x2683px) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-killing-joke.jpg
715KB, 2000x2683px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DWn2OPwvM

Thoughts?
>>
>>84763092
So Batman killed him in this one too?
>>
>>84763812
totes
>>
>>84763092
Wow. How did they fuck up this bad, the animation awful, the art awful, the voice acting awful.
What happened?
>>
File: batman-the-killing-joke.jpg (16KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-killing-joke.jpg
16KB, 620x349px
>>84763092
>>84764267
Director directs for shit apparently.
>>
Wow the voice acting in that was super awkward. I always imagined Batman talking with urgency, and the Joker almost on the verge of tears as he told the joke
>>
>no rain
>no police sirens
>no headlights
Why have a animated movie if you're going to butcher all the scenes like that? They didn't add anything, they took it away. I'd rather have the movie without the prolougue if it meant they'd use the extra dosh to complete the scenes. It's like they expected Conroy and Hamil's voice acting to carry a visual experience.
>>
>>84764437
>Director directs for shit apparently.
I dunno its starts to feel like alan moore had a damn point about adapting comics to another medium with this.
Holy shit is this bad.
>>
>>84764242
The comic definitely had more implications with the shadows and disappearing light.
>>
>>84763092
they just edited with the dialogue far too much, not to mention having no direction whatsoever with the voice acting and animation queues.

its like they just gathered the two iconic voice actors to read the script and thats it
>>
>>84764267
A Sam Liu Joint
>>
>>84764782
I didn't think that Batman killed him in the comics. Maybe I'm naive because the comic is called The Killing Joke, but Gordon wanted Joker brought in by the books. I didn't think Batman would blatantly defy his request by killing Joker.
>>
It's been awhile was the court room scene in the graphic novel because I liked it
>>
File: 123253664643.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
123253664643.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!
>>
Why are people so upset over the sex scene?
>>
>>84764938
Plus that whole speech Bat gave the joker on how he can't crack Gordon and they aren't murderers like he is. That wouldn't make much sense if he just kills him right after saying that.
>>
>>84764938
>I didn't think that Batman killed him in the comics. Maybe I'm naive because the comic is called The Killing Joke, but Gordon wanted Joker brought in by the books. I didn't think Batman would blatantly defy his request by killing Joker.
Yes and no. Batman went to confront joker about how they were basically fated to destroy on another at the start. He gives joker another chance at the end and joker basically rebuffs it again.
So that's three strikes really, the first being that batman brought him in without killing him the first time.
So when you get to the end the question is if batman breaks from the realization of the inevitable, which is why he might've killed him.
>>
>>84765046
Because Babs in modern continuity is closer to Dick's age and dates him so some people think it's weird. Also SJWs who never read comic wanted Babs to be a strong independent woman who didn't need no Batman
>>
>>84765046
With whom? Tell me it's not just some random guy thrown in because "yay modern women"
>>
File: 1422491056033.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1422491056033.png
434KB, 571x540px
I liked the movie. I'm not a big fan of capeshit but I heard so many people hyping the shit out of the Killing Joke so I gave it a shot and it kept my interest. I give it a 8/10
>>
File: Aladdin Shrug.png (529KB, 625x341px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin Shrug.png
529KB, 625x341px
>>84763092
To be honest, the joke is actually pretty funny.
>>
>>84765400
Bruce
It's all over the internet, as well as the whole movie, go watch it, sorry for spoilers.
>>
>>84765428
Have you read the comic?
>>
>>84765400
Barbara has sex with Bruce
>>
>>84765097
Don't get me wrong. It's brilliant writing, and I understand why some people think that he did kill him, but I didn't the first time I read it.
>>
>>84765428
RTFC
>>
>>84764613
Maybe we can finally not have Conroy and Hamill do this anymore.
>>
>>84765698
You can say that Batman is keeping it in the family.
>>
>>84765698
Is it so fucking hard to remain faithful to a comic?
>>
>>84765717
>Don't get me wrong. It's brilliant writing, and I understand why some people think that he did kill him, but I didn't the first time I read it.
Well that's why its a good book, it leaves quite a bit of things up to the reader to work out, and it gives you the leeway to decide.
Good works of art have subjective material in them.
>>
So gordon told me not to do it and I actually didn't
>>
>>84763092

That actually wasn't bad. I don't see why /co/ hates this so much.
>>
I've always liked Bruce/Babs.
>>
>>84765651

I haven't read the comic myself but I seen a few Youtube videos of people giving an overview of the comic. It looked really cool I may read it myself one day but this movie was pretty good to me
>>
>>84765046
It skeeved me out because It's basically the same thing as have him fuck Tim Drake or Dick.
>>
>>84765046
virgins get mad when their fictional heroes fuck.
>>
>>84765762
Rumor was that B. Timm added it in since he was involved and thats his like, OTP or something.

I thought that sex scene was initially there to show that Bruce was into Babs and he'd go ham after Joker attacks Babs but Bruce remains pretty calm throughout everything pretty much.
>>
>>84765891
it's adapted word by word so you don't really need to now. The only thing different is there's a police headlights in the background at the end in the comic.
>>
>>84765891
For people who read the comic and really enjoyed it, its easier to be more critical of the cartoon adaptation. It isn't terrible by any stretch but I think it gets rid of some of the intensity in the comic, and at the same time adds some unnecessary stuff (like Babs being a bitch to that random guy and tossing him for no reason)

I actually don't think the sex scene itself was terrible it just felt unnecessary because it didn't affect the plot really. Its not like they slept together and that made her act in a way that got her 'caught' by the Joker or whatever, so it doesn't add anything imo.
>>
>>84765775
except it is

Bruce Timm made a comic where Bruce fucking knocked her up while she was still dating Dick but she lost it when a random goon sucker punched her in the stomach causing Dick to realize Bruce literally cucked him
>>
>>84765775
The moore i think about it, the moore i think they did a pretty good job, the prolouge adds the looming threat of whats coming, instead of bam! Thats it! Discard babs and move along.
the art style was ass though, It would've been better if it was btas style, though I think the general public would've been more weirded out seeing their cartoon version they grew up with obliterate babs with btas joker, the scene would've made a bigger impact with those well known designs, imo.
Them trying to capture the original style felt flat with the budget they had, maybe if it had the budget of Mask of The Phantasm, it would've been perfect...and if it did had the budget of phantasm, then I don't know what the hell where they doing with it, cause I seriously doubt it all went on voice actors, I know mark is hot right now but not that! Hot.
>>
>>84766262
lol

Post the pages
>>
>>84763092

Do they get married after this?
>>
File: oh.....jpg (62KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
oh.....jpg
62KB, 600x461px
>>84766500
I don't have all of them but I have some of them
>>
>>84766568
Sssssnaaaake eateeeeer
>>
>>84766568
This arc was shit and pretty fucked up too.
>>
>>84766568

Man, I've tears in my eyes
>>
>batman fucked batgirl
why timm
>>
>>84766692
he's always had a boner for the pairing. fucking shippers. what don't they ruin?
>>
File: k then.jpg (449KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
k then.jpg
449KB, 1920x1476px
>>84766568
this is the only other one I have

but basically she walks home one night and tried to stop a mugging but she gets a pregnancy pain and the goon hurts her enough to miscarriage
>>
anyone has that webm where babs is walking and overhears a couple arguing about something and she proceeds to beat up the guy?
>>
I can't believe Marvel is churning out that trashy secret wars animated thing instead of something with some effort put in. This is their chance to get a foothold in the cartoon department while DC keeps shitting the bed with garbage like this and the New 52 adaptations.
>>
>>84766055
This actually really doesn't work in anything except the comic. As much as I dislike Moore's "It was written for comics and can't be translated to other mediums" schtick, he's right. Because all the laughter is in text, and the sirens going EEEEEE are overlayed on the same panel, and the silhouette of batman holding (or killing) the joker, its hard to tell whether they're both laughing together, or batman is strangling joker while joker screams or something. In the animation, as good as the voice acting is, they don't have that purposeful uncertainty, and in the end they opted to have batman alone laughing, which is a lot more definitive than the comic, even if it is a little uncertain. Also, they left out the police car lights, which is a shame, because thats one thing that could have been translated well into a movie. I like the movie, but it loses a lot of the very comic medium specific things that Moore did, which is a shame. Kinda the same problem that watchmen had.
>>
Let's all be honest, if we were as influential and successful as Bruce Timm is, we all would put our OTPs/Fetishes into whatever work we were working on
>>
>>84766986
agreed
>>
>No headlights turning off like in the joke
>Laughter isn't drowned out by siren

how do you fuck up that bad
>>
>>84766772
I see Damien takes after his father, maybe they should rename him Dick to soften the blow.
>>
>>84764613

Same. Joker was having trouble getting the joke out, stumbling over his words. It felt like he just went back into joke mode as a desperate defense reflex.

They fucked it up.
>>
did robin checked if she's pregnet?
>>
>>84766986
Sure, but more Dini than Timm. Find your waifu in real life and marry her so it doesn't spill too much into your work.
>>
>>84766986
But it's fine, its not a fetish, they're two people who ruined something good by having sex, its perfectly believable and great conflict, I just wish it was fleshed out more, like a TV series.
>>
>>84767149
Or hire a prostitute that looks like your waifu and tell her to put on the same mask your waifu wears.
>>
>>84766986
>>84766986

Yes, I don't think his OTP is that harmful, just his storylines for it
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 428x410px
>>84763092
Wow. 0 atmosphere.
I already knew the animation was going to be shit. But where's the fucking pacing in jokers final joke. Where's the emotion, it just sounds like they were reading off their lines.
Whoever directed this should be fired
>>
So, who did the Gordon tunnel of love torture monologue better? Hamill or Baker?
>>
>>84767295
Sam Liu
He's done a lot of these DCA films
>>
>>84767449
Baker is a hack
>>
>>84767495
You didn't answer my question.
>>
I enjoyed it, Hamil in particular. Conroy didn't really seem to care at all. The headlights were missing, but cutting the Joker's laugh had a similar effect at least. I don't expect much from these DC movies, and that really helps a lot.
>>
>>84767535
Neither
Your head and how you read it the first time.
>>
File: donald.jpg (4KB, 126x115px) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
4KB, 126x115px
>>84766055
Posted in another thread but I need to reiterate the fact that the deluxe edition coloring for Killing Joke is shit
>>
>>84767795
Is the deluxe edition where its monochrome except for red?
>>
>>84767885
Yep, everything is completely desaturated and gray.
>>
>>84765334
but in batman beyond barbara say that they use to date, even terry freaks for a moment
>>
>there will never be a Killing Joke movie that looks like the Batman Zeller's commercials
https://youtu.be/Wu29pEuuVg8

It even has the Brian Bolland coloring for god's sake.
>>
File: kj.jpg (379KB, 1297x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kj.jpg
379KB, 1297x1024px
>>84767885
Pretty much.
>>
>>84767939
>thinking SJW's care about facts that don't support their delusions
>>
Just watched it.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MESS UP THIS BAD?
I know its wrong to compare the art quality to the comic but the whole thing looks flat and boring.
The first and very last segment was unnecessary and made it to look like the whole story was all about Barbara instead of Batman/Joker and felt like nothing but filler.
They completely botched the transitions between the past/present
The VA was mostly horrible, with most of the important lines delivered flatly
They completely cut out the Joker's monologue about the average man and instead replaced with a generic fight between Batman and the freaks
And of course, the ending
What the fuck man. When I heard Conroy and Hamill were on board I was hype as fuck.
>>
>yfw the leaked version was an unfinished version from 6 months ago
>>
>that btas batmobile hybrid
>that woman painting with btas art style when paris is talking on the phone at the club
>that jester face from btas at the carnival
>laughing fish on his bat computer
Hnnng

>that Heath ledger joker on bat computer
>that busted robin
>>
>>84765907
>not having BruDick as your OTP
bro
>>
>>84768318
Oh...so I have something to look forward to, if it's true.
Any notable differences?
>>
>>84768369
He was making an "if only" wishful thinking, not stating that as fact.
>>
>>84768443
Oh...
>>
>>84768331
but anon, bruce's heart belongs to the joker.
>>
File: 1469058376665.gif (18KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1469058376665.gif
18KB, 125x125px
>>84764938
Actually, Batman kills the Joker, and that's why is called de Killing Joke.
With the speach of Batman to help the Joker and go forward try to resemble with the Joker's joke.
Bruce started to laugh because it was true. And that's why in the comic at the last panels that is a light and then shuts down, resebling the joke
>>
>>84765046
For fuck's sake, they didn't have sex, they only made out
>>
>>84764613

I imagined the musical number differently in my head.
>>
>>84769298
And then fucked.
And then talked over phone about how they fucked.
>>
>>84765870

I liked it but I wanted to love it. I guess its just due to the way I read it in my head and thats just extremely hard to put it on film for someone that isn't in there.
>>
Watching it now and god this Batgirl part is lasting forever and sucks hardcore. Even ignoring the sex, this is terrible. I'm ready for the fan edit to fix this up.
>>
>>84769298
He only put his penis inside her redheaded vagina and then she said it was just sex.
>>
>>84769298
They were only making out without clothes and then she was only pretending to yell at him about how "it's just sex, it doesn't mean anything"?
>>
File: Killing Joke.jpg (254KB, 637x645px) Image search: [Google]
Killing Joke.jpg
254KB, 637x645px
>>84763092
Joker doesn't state that the gun is empty, that seems like such a strange omission, I feel that line really push Bruce to offer him help in the book.
The lack of rain, wind or any kind of real weather is killing me as well, that gave a since of omen, like a major chance at change was to take place. Also the lack of oncoming headlights from the police, that gave a sense of suspense with Bat's offer to Joker, that it was a small window for Joker to choose what road to take. Another note I take issue with is how the joke was played, in the comic Joker told the joke mostly standing in place showing arm and head movements giving a sense of the manic to the joke, like he can't hold it together. In the film it just feels he performing a bit, walking around and being way to showy with his joke as if he rehearsed it all night, I feel the punch line was rush as well, there should have been a generous pause between "what are you Crazy?" and "You'll turn it off..." Also the laugh take between both of them was short and weak, it should have been unsettling long of the two of them laughing to give an uneasy feeling like the book did.

The lack of light going out is doubly awful.
1. it makes his joke no where near as profound
2. it doesn't give the same sense of hopelessness, fuck the whole "did he kill him?" let's think on the broader narrative, that light going out was the last chance of hope that anything would ever change, that Bat-man's belief at the start of the book is all that's left, that in the end, where it be that very moment or years onward, the only way their story was going to end is one of them the killing the other.

It's such an insult to the original it almost hurts to watch

This seems like such a hack job but looking at the team that made it makes me wonder if there was some monkey paw wish made years ago that DC would be more relevant in media.
>>
>>84767939
It was shit when it happened then too.
>>
>>84767795
it looked like blood on the ground in the original which confused a lot of people, they needed to recolor it.
>>
>>84770235
I guess people could get confused, if they were retarded. The recolor was unnecessary and only detrimental.
>>
>>84763092

Pretty funny joke.
>>
>>84763092
So at the risk of sounding like an idiot, can someone explain the ending of this story for me? I've read the comic, watch the movie, and read analysis and I just can't rap my mind around the ending. Some say Bats kills the joker others that it just a display of how crazy batman is, but the ending itself just doesn't make sense to me
>>
>>84770439
Nah that was this animated film. More people will be exposed to that and it will hurt the story, people will not understand why this garbage got such praise.
>>
>>84770461
See
>>84770030

>sense of hopelessness, fuck the whole "did he kill him?" let's think on the broader narrative, that light going out was the last chance of hope that anything would ever change, that Bat-man's belief at the start of the book is all that's left, that in the end, where it be that very moment or years onward, the only way their story was going to end is one of them the killing the other.
>>
>>84766055
Is the closeup on the rain circles in the last panel supposed to be symbolic of something?
>>
>>84770584

you could interpret it as a dimmer of hope gone
>>
>>84770030

>I want the movie to be exactly like how I imagined it when I first read it: The Post
>>
>>84765072
>>84764938
It was confirmed by the writers that he didn't kill Joker.
>>
>>84770584
Like tears in the rain
>>
>>84770561
But why have batman laugh? That's what unsettles me, no matter how many times i read it
>>
>>84770838

glimmer
>>
>>84764613
>I always imagined Batman talking with urgency, and the Joker almost on the verge of tears as he told the joke

I think the problem here lies in the delivery not meshing with your headcanon. In my opinion the delivery was fine, but your imagination works as well.
>>
I really wanted to like this but that animation and art direction is really fucking sub par, I'm really disappointing. Even the acting from Conroy and Hamill doesn't seem up to snuff. What the hell happened?
>>
>>84771135
>That's what unsettle

I suspect that was the point
>>
>>84766262
>but she lost it when a random goon sucker punched her in the stomach

It was the jaw anon. Read the comic again.
>>
>>84771135
You had a moment where you thought you could help someone, someone that hurts you, hurts your loved ones and can't stop doing it, you thought in a brief moment, you could help them.
But as soon as you have that thought it's dash away and what stands before you is what you always knew, that this will never end until one of you is dead
>>
>>84770961
>>84771214
I feel the bigger issue is this the big end, the conclusion of it all. Rather than getting a sense of the Killing joke that this will never change until someone is dead you get the sense of a ending that just makes you want to say "That's it?"
>>
Can't wait to see this whole thing, the ending doesn't seem bad at all.
>>
And talking about DC animation, is the supposed 2nd series of Gods and Monsters shorts happening?
>>
>>84772407

no clue
>>
>>84772407
axed
The stated a few months ago it wasn't happening on twitter
It's why at the SDCC panel it wasn't mention with all the other upcoming animated projects
>>
Yeah I guess some details are missing but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Really could have used the rain for a more dramatic backdrop though.
>>
>>84772797
well shit, was hoping for the G&M universe to get expanded a little. Hope it gets an actual show on a place like netfix or something eventually.

So Killing Joke is the last DC DVD movie for the time being? I guess the next obvious one is following up on the Terra tease at the end of JL vs. Titans with Judas Contract but who knows. Maybe Sinestro Crops war adaptation will finally happen.
>>
>they fucked up the ending
Jesus christ, this is just sad. They put the bare minimum effort into this and it shows. This is THE iconic comic, it deserves some love put into its adaptation. What we got was pathetic. I know it's stupid to get mad over this, but I am legitimately upset by how bad it is. Even the DCEU movies we've seen so far had their own - heavily flawed - vision for what they wanted to be, they had visual flair and great soundtracks to fall back on when the writing fell flat. This doesn't have anything. It's just soulless garbage.
>>
>>84773256
They're doing that Judas Contract one and a Justice League Dark one.
>>
>>84763812
No, as you can hear there is not sound of choking or struggle
>>
>>84773303
JL Dark is what exactly? Some other Crime Syndicate/Justice Lord type of thing? Cool i guess
>>
>>84764938
>I didn't think Batman would blatantly defy his request by killing Joker.
him doing just that was one of the things that would add a punch to the story
>>
>>84773447
It's about magic superheroes; Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, Constantine, etc.
>>
>>84773652
Hmm, that's cool too I guess.
>>
>>84773256
>>84773303
Next up is Justice League Dark, TT Judas Contract, and Batman and Harley, an original story/more fapfiction by Timm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8bP1bLj_w

disgrace of a scene
>>
>>84774070
I think I hear autotune.
>>
>>84774070
was this part of the comic? I mean I bet the general montage of Gordon's ride probably is but is it supposed to be musical at all?
>>
>>84775737
That was the first thing I asked myself when I saw it.
>>
>>84775737
Yes comics are well known for their musical numbers.
>>
>>84775805
Well I mean is Joker supposed to be signing at all? Like you can put rhymes and an indication that he's singing into speech bubbles and everything.
>>
File: killing joke page.jpg (154KB, 564x863px) Image search: [Google]
killing joke page.jpg
154KB, 564x863px
>>84776134
I don't know, I can definitely see how someone could interpret this page as singing.
>>
>>84776205
Yep it was supposed to be. Thanks for the page.
>>
>>84776205
>scan from deluxe edition

threw my phone at the fucking wall
>>
>>84776431
>posting from a phone
>thins he has some highground
>>
>>84776431
It was the first google result, I wasn't looking to post a high res storytime or anything.
>>
>>84763092
>>84763812
I've never understood why people think he killed him. I also dont really get that last joke.

Im slow, i know.
>>
Haha, it's so good that these old friends can joke and laugh together

It's almost like the Joker didn't just shoot Batgirl in the spine and strip Gordon naked and have him molested by midgets

Still, they're like old FRIENDS right. No hard feelings. You definitely don't want to HURT the Joker. Just stand there and laugh with him like a dickless FAGGOT
>>
>>84777125
Batman's laughing because he's losing it and about to kill him, he's not having a hearty chuckle at a witty joke.
>>
>>84777117
>I've never understood why people think he killed him
symbolically how the shot moves away from the lights and police sirens overtake the laughter can be seen as such. in the movie he clearly did not kill him
>I also dont really get that last joke.
its basically a retelling of what they talked about. batman is the guy who gets over his bad day and gets on the other roof but for the joker its impossible and as abused as walking on a beam of light from a flashlight
>>
>>84777191
Stop with the ding headcanon. This isn't the fucking Sopranos. You're just making shit up to make this seem better than it is
>>
File: 199633-jason-todd_400.jpg (58KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
199633-jason-todd_400.jpg
58KB, 400x602px
>>84777125
>like a dickless FAGGOT
>>
>>84777191
this
>>
>>84777223
The Sopranos isn't exactly deep either, if you can't handle that, I can see why you think Batman's having a wee chuckle with a friend.
>>
File: Bat-grrr.gif (484KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bat-grrr.gif
484KB, 300x225px
>beyond shit animation
>shit plot additions
>shit delivery of lines

Well done DC, you've ruined one of the most successful and influential comics in history because you were too cheap to give it the funding it easily deserved. Which is fine, it's not like you want to rebuild trust and interest in your brands considering how VERY well received your cinematic universe, which you are still forced to develop.

Cunts.

CUNTS
U
N
T
S
>>
>>84777234
lol
>>
>>84765046
>>84769298
>>84769442
Are we still talking about the ending?
>>
>>84765854
the absolute madman!
>>
>>84769349

I may have read this somewhere but I always imagined the song being sung to the tune of "Always look on the bright side of life"
>>
>post credits scene
>in a comic that's literally 100% about its ambiguous, weight, and suggestive ending
lol
>>
>>84777665
They had big enough of a pause and the post credit scene had nothing to do with the killing joke.
>>
>>84777665
What was the post-credit scene? I didn't bother to watch past the credits
>>
>>84777706
>>84777665
what was the the post-credits scene?
>>
>>84777735
>>84777706
Babs shows just how handicapable she is, becomes Oracle.
>>
>>84777665
>>84777706
>>84777735
>>84777765
>literally killing all the weight of the ending
https://youtu.be/u6Xz-LfbZNM
https://youtu.be/e7SRlaFVKtc
>>
>>84767982
Who the fuck though that was a good idea? The original had so much energy because of the garish sideshow palette.
>>
>>84777809
I can't believe this just made me hate this more than I already did. Good grief. I'm too tired for this shit.
>>
>>84777809
>literally killing all the weight of the ending
That is what happened in continuity
>>
>>84777850
So? It's completely inappropriate either way.
>>
im workin on a basic edit of the movie that completely removes the extra prologue shit with barbara and post credits scene shit
>>
>>84763092
I didn't really understand the ending.
Babs get paralyzed, Bruce hunts down Joker, Joker tells a joke and everyone laughs like it is some 90s sitcom.
>>
>>84777920
I just want to let you know that I hate people like you
>>
>>84777930
because it is, its all an edgy autistic kids dream
>>
Was there cursing in the original comic?
>>
>>84777930
you just don't get the joke, it was to die for. 10/10 would make me forgive hitler
>>
>>84778055
I have really been feeling the summer for the last 2 days
>>
>>84778087
Oh, go fuck yourself. God forbid I don't read the shitty comic every other month like some of you neets do.
>>
>>84777920

I knew there would be a fan edit. When you're done, spread the word far and wide.
>>
>>84763092
They totally fucked, right
>>
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/batman-the-killing-joke-sexual-violence.html

Doesn't sound like Timm even liked The Killing Joke to begin with.
>>
>>84778188
>Azz came up with the idea
Typical, his Hellblazer had some garbage sex stuff too. Never give him free reign to unleash his edge.
>>
File: yoda unimpressed.png (229KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
yoda unimpressed.png
229KB, 500x250px
>>84778188
>It has always disturbed me and I made a real concrete effort going into this project: I’m not going to try to put my own "spin" on it. I’m not going to make it a Bruce Timm movie.
>I’m not going to make it a Bruce Timm movie.
>>
>>84778257
and that "joker cucks his sidekick" thing in his joker comic
>>
File: batman finally loses it.webm (3MB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
batman finally loses it.webm
3MB, 1200x676px
>>84778149
Batman rapes Joker at the end
>>
File: t464363463464.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
t464363463464.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>84778149
They just made out
>>
>>84778149

it was the inevitable conclusion
>>
>>84763092
They fucking nailed it the entire audience just sat there while the credits rolled (helps that there was an interview with the composer after the film but a bunch left during that)

I dont regret taking the trip up to the city to watch this in cinema
>>
>>84771214
I think thats going to be a major factor with a lot of this film.

The ghost train scene and the ending are incredible if they fit your asumptions about the scenes.

If they dont you will be disapointed.

Im mostly just mad they ditched the madness is the emergency exit line but thats just because i really fucking love that line what they had instead works fine.
>>
>>84780149
Auctualy i would like to make a partial retraction.
What i said definintly applys to the ending but the train is less clear cut.

Specifically i think if the song itself is not what you expected you can still appreciate it i for one expected something much slower and still liked it.
>>
>>84765046
Tumblr hates it because ma objectification or some such thing

Everybody else hates it because it was fucking stupid babs is not selina
>>
>>84780079
Reading the thread i realise i forgot about the lights.
So the ending defintily works as a scene if it works as an adaption is less clear
>>
>>84778149
of course
>>
>>84776891
Low res storytimes are better anyway some of us have limited bandwith
>>
>>84780587
...and shitty internet speeds.
>>
>>84777665
Ambiguity of what happened with bats and joker maybe.

The comic never acts like maybe she wont survive.
>>
>>84777930
That was not the ending that was the whole movie everything before it was a prolouge
>>
File: Batman - The Killing Joke 47.jpg (484KB, 900x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - The Killing Joke 47.jpg
484KB, 900x1408px
>>84766055
Oh christ that recolor triggers me everytime.
>>
>>84777117
because in the comic it's shaded in a way that it looks like Batman's hands are around the Joker's neck. It's quite neat with the overall theme of one bad day; you could argue that all it took for Batman to finally kill the Joker was to laugh at one of his jokes after a stressful night and sympathising enough with him to realise there's no going back.
>>
>>84766055
>>84780695
whyyyyyy
>>
>>84765585
I remember having to take a break from reading from laughing at the joke myself.
>>
>>84766055
They did change jokers dialogue before he sent gorden into the ghost house
He said basicly the same thing but with difrent words
>>
>>84780695
I have not seen the original version of the page before i understand why people place so much importance on the lights now.
>>
>>84780695
I dont mind the recolor, a lot more of Bollards detail comes out and the linework doesnt get lost due to the coloring.
>>
>>84767066
Dami hate babs.
>>
>>84766399
who thought drawing that remix was a good idea?
>>
>>84763092
I find it so weird that they didn't put more money into this film. Since this is an adaptation of a very popular and important story + the original voice cast, you'd imagine that'd they'd expect this to sell better than their other animated films. So what do they do? A complete hatchet job.
>>
>>84780894
Does anybody have a link to the original coloring im on phone right now so prefrebly something i can read in browser
>>
>>84780894
In fact seeing this page makes me seriously wonder if people that support the original are maybe right
>>
if batman killed the joker, how come the joker was still around in the next comic book
>>
>>84777809
The music in the 2nd scene sounds a bit like the JL tune from the Snyder films
>>
>>84778485
"That's it Joker! It's time to end this. You're gonna get raped."
>>
File: Batcard.jpg (38KB, 584x324px) Image search: [Google]
Batcard.jpg
38KB, 584x324px
>Take one of the benchmark stories of your most enduring, successful and profitable franchises
>Crank out some garbage that isn't up to par with a Scooby Doo direct-to-video movie.

It's like they are purposefully testing the innate profitability of Batman at WB.

In a few years, they'll probably put out a short film that's just a phone footage of a homeless guy in a Bat-suit furiously masturbating in a filthy alleyway s will probably gross $400 million for them .
>>
>>84781398
it wasn't suppose to be a canon story. but DC liked it and made batgirl a cripple.
>>
File: 1451925734452.png (48KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1451925734452.png
48KB, 570x570px
>>84777809

Fucking christ

>"Yeah dad! I'm gonna go play all the SPORTS."
>>
>>84767982

Honestly, the original is too colourful and the redone version is bland.

There must be an in-between of those two massive extremes.
>>
>>84781898
My ideal would be the original on some panels and the new on others.

But i think that would just annoy most people so your suggestion is probably more practicle
>>
Gotta be honest. When did this "Batman killed the Joker" thing start? I read that comic originally with the intent that his ass got sent to jail. THAT and the subsequent cannon of Babs given a cripple leads me to believe the intent was to never kill the Joker and it's just some stupid meme.
>>
I liked the movie, fuck you /co/.
>>
it's out already?
>>
>>84777809
I like how this establishes that Barbara is still crazy even though she's over Batman. She's blowing off her own dad so she can obsess over fighting crime.
>>
>>84777117
>I've never understood why people think he killed him.
People are retarded.
>I also dont really get that last joke.
Both of the guys are crazy.
>>
>>84782188
I think it's like 50% trolling and 50% crazy fanfiction writers.
>>
File: sheesh.webm (3MB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
sheesh.webm
3MB, 1200x676px
>>84778149
That's what people who are in a relationship do, anon
>>
>>84782387
It is nice
>>
>>84781736
batman of zur-en-arrh?
I'd buy it.
>>
>>84765585
Also it's enhanced because it explains why the joker turned batman down. He's afraid that batman won't follow through and he'll completely lose what little of himself he has left.
>>
>>84763092
Doesn't play out exactly how my headcanon imaged it, but I think it was presented well.
>>
How do they keep ruining everything. It was all there. The script, the storyboards. All they had to do was make a fucking cartoon of it.
>>
If you turn up the volume all the way up you can hear Joker moaning in pleasure.
>>
>>84782789
No, apart from the gut instinct to not trust Batman hes acutely aware that Batman is insane. An insane person rehabilitating another is as ridiculous as walking across the beam.
>>
>>84782188
Read it again, the entire fucking stort is about how one of them will eventually kill the other.
>>
>>84782188
I think the idea, especially in this video, came from the fact that Batman puts his hands on Joker and Joker stops laughing.

Originally the story wasn't supposed to be canon, just an elseworlds title, but it was so well received that DC incorporated it.
>>
>hahahha, and then he said you were gonna arrest me!
>ahhahahha, don't worry, I'll drop you off at the carnival like always
>>
>>84783482
DC published a a Batgirl Special literally a week before the Killing Joke was released where they retired Batgirl specifically to set up her role in the story.
>>
>>84782818
I think thats a problem a lot of people will have with stuff that does not fit there expectations of scenes
I really dident like how long it took joker to take the shot for one.
That may be because i am brutaly unforgiving of characters all standing still for a moment before combat starts in general though.
>>
>>84781225
I really would like to see what all the fuss is about
>>
>>84782188
>When did this "Batman killed the Joker" thing start?
It was original released as a stand alone elseworldsand was the same time as other one shot titles of the time. And it was speculation more than anything because that's what Moore wanted, to this day out of everything he has said about that work, he has never given a definite answer to the outcome of the book, which considering everything he has sad about the book tells me he wanted it to be ambiguous.

However the "did he kill him?" spike up when Morrison shared his opinion and that caused a big boom in talking about it again, however now we have the whole recon of it being a canon story.
>>
File: 1419916172292.jpg (109KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1419916172292.jpg
109KB, 500x689px
>>84777930
>Babs get paralyzed, Bruce hunts down Joker, Joker tells a joke and everyone laughs like it is some 90s sitcom.

I don't know anything about the comic, but I just saw the movie.
Going by that, my interpretation was:
>Joker's plan failed, and everyone is safe "relatively"
>Batman uses this opportunity to try and reason with the joker
>Joker almost looks like he was starting to get it
>Joker then tells a joke
>it's just a completely normal joke
>it's actually funny
>catches batman off guard
>they both laugh

Considering the Joker is actually known for being psychotic and not funny, and he was a failed comedian before he became this joker, it caught me off guard to.

And again, this is coming from someone who just saw this story unfold for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>84783738
There is nothing about Batman killing Joker in the script. It's ambiguous if you're reading too much into it.
>>
File: 590136741022342456.png (13KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
590136741022342456.png
13KB, 500x350px
>>84783646
>DC published a a Batgirl Special literally a week before the Killing Joke was released

Bat-man "The Killing Joke" March 1988

Bat-girl special "The Last Batgirl Story" May 1988

Stop being stupid
>>
>>84783646
Anon Killing Joke came out 2 months before the Bat-girl send off.
Are you being paid by DC?
>>
File: READ.jpg (1MB, 3222x1249px) Image search: [Google]
READ.jpg
1MB, 3222x1249px
>>84783783
That's what I said
>which considering everything he has sad about the book tells me he wanted it to be ambiguous.
>>
>>84783795
>>84783823
The date on comic book covers are always dated months in advance. The Batgirl Special was actually released March 22, 1988, the Killing Joke came out March 29.
>>
File: alanmooreneonomiconhornbook11.jpg (182KB, 655x1023px) Image search: [Google]
alanmooreneonomiconhornbook11.jpg
182KB, 655x1023px
>>84783833
If he had wanted it to be ambigious it would have been there in the script, but there's nothing there. It's just a regular fade-out to mirror the beginning. Moore's scripts are overly detailed, he wouldn't leave a detail like that out. This is the first page of Fish Rape, which is only a single page spread.
>>
>>84777920
No chance you could just reanimate the whole thing in a better artstyle...?
>>
>>84770976
But he should have. Sadly Moore cares more about making some shitty pseudointellectual meta commentary than writing a good story.
>>
>>84782558
good thing he found out it wasn't the joker before he tried to do anything sexual
>>
>>84783913
not OP but i'm thinking about it. this is such a travesty.
>>
I can't remember who was doing an interview with Kevin Smith but he said that Batman killed the Joker. On the last page both of them are laughing with Batmans hands placed on Jokers shoulder. The shot pans down to the last panel and you just see the laughter stop. Not trail off, cut off.

The guest said thats where Batman broke his neck.
>>
>>84783954
re-animating the ending of course, not the entire movie
>>
>>84783853
what's your source?
Because everything Im finding is stating the flip.
Oh yeah and here's my smoking gun of why your opinion can't work:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3888180
>"I asked DC if they had any problem with me crippling Barbara Gordon — who was Batgirl at the time — and if I remember, I spoke to Len Wein, who was our editor on the project ... [He] said, 'Yeah, okay, cripple the bitch.' It was probably one of the areas where they should've reined me in, but they didn't."

Key note is he said "At the time" meaning either he knew nothing about her getting retried or that it wasn't in the cards till after the killing joke was in motion.
>>
>>84784000
The Batgirl Special was written and put together after they knew and approved Moore's plans to cripple her. Killing Joke was a 48-pager, the special was only 38 pages with ads, it could be completed in less time.
http://www.comics.org/issue/69291/
>Shipping date of March 22, 1988 per Direct Currents #2, February 1988.
>>
>>84783952
Man, that would've been so awkward.
>>
>>84783990
Show Batman breaking his neck, then

Show me in the comic where that happens or even where it's implied. Otherwise it's dopey fucking headcanon
>>
>>84784393
It's just an interpretation of the piece. Interpretation doesn't always equal headcanon, it's just how some readers interpret the ending.
>>
>>84770584
- It was literally the first vignette of TKJ. The comic open and end with the same vignette
- Reinforce the cyclical nature of Batman and Joker's relationship. There can't be a resolution because both are corporative mascots, in-universe the two madmen. They're on a circle.
>>
>>84777930
I've always read it as Bruce not laughing at the joke itself, but just the sheer fucking horrific ridiculousness of the situation. Joker ejects Batman's offer of rehabilitation and tells a joke that acts as an analogy of the offer. Bruce realizes that he has no other option than to just kill him at this point
>>
>>84770976

Batman doesn't kill the Joker (as if the deliberately cyclical paneling -- representing their conflict's immortality -- isn't a clue). Batman killing the Joker is something that Grant Morrison came up with a few years ago. Alan Moore doesn't like Morrison at all -- he thinks he's a stalker at best and a plagiarist at worst -- and his response was epic.

https://slovobooks.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/last-alan-moore-interview/

>To be brutally honest, I’d prefer it if, as with the Before Watchmen re-creators, their associates and their readers, admirers of Grant Morrison’s work would please stop reading mine, as I don’t think it fair that my respect and affection for my own readership should be compromised in any way by people that I largely believe to be shallow and undiscriminating.

>This may seem like a disproportionate response, but for thirty years I have had to patiently endure the craven and bitchy hostility of someone who, when I bother to think of him at all, I think of as a Scottish tribute band. While he is clearly not the only reason why I have come to feel actual revulsion for the greater part of today’s comic world, he has probably done more than any other single individual to foul its atmosphere and make it unbreathable with his ongoing reeking incontinence – and that, believe me, is in a field where he has enjoyed a great deal of vigorous competition. -- Moore on Morrison
>>
>>84784459
>Interpretation doesn't always equal headcanon
that's exactly what it means
>>
>>84784763
>admirers of Grant Morrison’s work would please stop reading mine
Which he's done what of in the past 10 years? Hell 20 years. He's just a cantankerous old man sitting on his porch yelling at the damn kids to get off his lawn when clearly they're on the sidewalk. He sees problems where there are none.
>>
>>84784803
Say that there's a possibility you could interpret the story as him killing the Joker is just analysis. Headcanon is generally something that has no basis in anything and is just something that a fan thinks to make him like the story more. Where as, even if Moore didn't intend it that way, there is some basis for interpreting the ending as Joker dying.
>>
>>84784763
Alan Moore seems like such a duchebag. He just hates everyone and everything and think of himself as some kind of untouchable demigod.
>>
>>84783990
Honestly, this is one of those things like "Guys, what if Rugrats was actually someone's fever dream!"

The ending scene is an exploration of their individual philosophies. Batman deliberately chooses to have hope in the face of overwhelming despair, and Joker says that, no, there is no hope, even if he wants to believe that there is. They laugh and share that weird moment because they realize they're both ridiculous.

To believe that Batman killed him at the end, you have to believe two things: 1) that Batman said he wanted to do things by the book and offered him rehabilitation knowing that if he turned him down it would be a death sentence (and never told him that when making the offer), and 2) that Joker was right all along, full stop.

The second point invalidates pretty much everything that came before, re: demonstrating that people aren't as bad as Joker thinks they are. Batman came out of what happened to Gordon trying to drive home that point--that's why he refused to hurt Joker anymore at all.
>>
File: Batman The Killing.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Batman The Killing.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>84765046
>tfw you'll never throw batman to the ground
>tfw you'll never ride him
>tfw you'll never have sex in the middle of the night under gargoyle
Also babs taste in underwear is surprisingly innocent.
>>
>>84785519
>Also babs taste in underwear is surprisingly innocent.

Underwear underneath a body suit.
>>
>>84785519
And stupid.
At least wear bullet resistant vest
>>
>"It's just sex"
Spoken like a true slut.
>>
>>84785519
It's probably the best she could wear to hold down her boobs in the costume.
>>
>>84763092
It was pretty mediocre. The art direction was nothing fantastic as expected and I felt the plot wasn't nearly as gripping as the graphic novel. The batgirl plot is nothing but filler and does not seem to fit quite in with tone of the original plot.
>>
>>84785674
She's lying because she's desperate to have his attention again.
>>
>>84785891
Timeskip babs confirms
>>
>>84767795
>>84777826
It was Brian Bolland's decision, and really at that point, the artist who drew the scene should have final execution over how it should look. Pic related, how crap recolouring of Bolland's work also fucks with canon. Anderson's hair should be Blonde, not Red.
>>
>>84763092
Kevin Hack status: blown the fuck out.

I don't know how one can interpret even the art in the original comic as Batman grabbing Joker by neck choking him to death.

I thought whole point was that to the outsiders, like cops, it was just the usual Joker Batman goose chase, as they come officers see them in this pose and think "Gee, Bats, you've done it again!".

But when in fact these 5 minutes they had after Batman pinned Joker was first time they had a meaningful conversation, in fact, that's the joke, Bats is the one who made across and Joker is the one who made rational assertion "what am I, crazy?".
>>
>>84766055
>word by word

Dialogue is changed, Joker's whole monologue is acted out differently (instead of ending on a sad note, he screams "Why aren't you laughing?" as an angry tirade), minor circus characters are turned into fighting henchmen, Batman kills midgets, the stupid court scene...

They did everything to turn a dialogue-heavy comic into an action cartoon. Joker's "It's all a joke" monologue was effectively ruined, as was Batman's "Heard it before" line.
>>
>>84785917
>those lingering shots on her ass and chest
God bless Timm for being an unashamed heterosexual.
>>
>>84767295
I was thinking the same thing. they could have stretched out those silent moments in between the dialogue, added more presence to the rain and lighting. Used more gesture communication instead of rushing the dialogue out ...etc.

I feel like I could have directed that whole segment a lot better considering what can be taken from the source material.
>>
>>84766772
Bruce is such a dick to Dick
>>
>>84786402
This is what I'm always going to hate about Batman Beyond. This pairing makes no sense to me and just makes Bruce literally the worst kind of person.
>>
So can someone explain something to me, is the Killing Joke still canon or is it now a one of side story with all these universe reboots and such?
>>
>>84786553
"Canon" is a pointless term in a multiverse.
>>
File: 1419315444406.gif (852KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1419315444406.gif
852KB, 320x320px
>>84786580
You got a point there. I somehow keep forgetting about that.
I'm glad too since I was never a fan of what they did to Barbara afterword.
>>
>>84786553
Well it was canon back then when they turned Barbara into The Oracle.
>>
>>84786505
Bruce and Babs having regrettable sex once does come across as better than DCAU Bruce who had an actual relationship with the woman his ward was once in a serious relationship in.
>>84786553
Yes, it's still Rebirth canon, and comics twitter threw a fit because CamStew soft-retconned it not too long ago by suggesting it may have been an implanted memory.
>>
>>84786505

Bruce IS a piece of shit that cares very little for other people that ain't his favorite clown. He likes to think he isn't... but the fact is that he has plans ready to kill the only people that would call him "friend".

He deserves little to no happiness.
>>
>>84770584
metaphor for the beam of light offered.
>>
You know what I want to see? Some villain cutting off Damien's arm in the middle of job and Batman going borderline murder crazy.
>>
>>84771214
I don't know, anon. I don't think that the problem is with the acting; it's with the framing.

Look at these panels from the comic. You really get a great impression of how there's a desperate sadness underneath the Joker; the overbearing lighting contrasts really well with the emotions on his face, and makes the presence of Batman, clad in black, all the more oppressive.

Compare it to the film. The lighting is really flat, and the expression on Joker's face looks more like mild annoyance, rather than a moment of utter misery and self-hatred.

Really, the issue was that they adapted it as they would any other story, with DC animations house style, when it really needed to be more stylized and slightly surreal.
>>
>>84786701
He needs t just fuck Joker already.
>>
File: killing joke ending.jpg (361KB, 630x983px) Image search: [Google]
killing joke ending.jpg
361KB, 630x983px
>>84787031
Forgot my image.
>>
File: mpv-shot0013.png (691KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0013.png
691KB, 1920x1080px
>"state of undress"
>not painting her face like a clown
>>
>>84764752
I think that Alan Moore has a point about direct adaption, certainly. Adapting characters or the key parts of stories into cartoons or live-action can be done well, but directly adapting a comic and expecting to keep the same visual style seems really difficult. The ending of Killing Joke packs a lot of meaning into the art which is completely lost in the adaption.
>>
>>84765046
It doesn't really add anything to the story. I understand why they wanted to flesh Babs out a bit more, but making her subplot one about a relationship with Batman doesn't make the Joker shooting her more significant; it just makes it seem like Batman is only upset because he boned her and now her hips don't work like they used to.
>>
>>84787031
I would agree, the lighting and art are more of a problem than the acting. I really liked how Joker sounded in that bit, like he was thinking back on his past, reflecting how he'd come too far to go back.

Why couldn't they at least have had it raining?
>>
>>84765046
Because they're sexually frustrated.
Also sex with crippled barbs when?
>>
>>84787560
>it just makes it seem like Batman is only upset because he boned her and now her hips don't work like they used to.

This. Making them fuck first just adds a layer of "they had sex and so he's EXTRA MAD" which Batman doesn't need to be upset after one of his partners gets shot. It actually cheapens their relationship in my opinion, since the implication that fucking her beforehand gives him extra drive implies that he might have had less drive if he hadn't fucked her.

One could argue it was a way to create that motivation for the audience, but everyone knows who Batman and Batgirl are now. There's no reason to create this motivation when we all know their relationship already.
>>
>>84765046
Because it feels like a gym teacher having sex with the principal's teenage daughter. It's wrong and kind of appalling.
>>
>>84787663
>It actually cheapens their relationship in my opinion, since the implication that fucking her beforehand gives him extra drive implies that he might have had less drive if he hadn't fucked her.
How does additional facets to a relationship both necessarily cheapen and necessarily not provide additional (as in more than there was otherwise) drive?

I don't think it was a good choice in this story, but your logic is extremely fucked up by universally discounting that sex has any kind of meaning. Lover is almost always a different and deeper relationship than coworker.
>>
>>84765428
>>84765585
shrugmind
>>
>>84787560
He doesn't want to have sex with her again though.
>>
>>84787560
That's what my gf took from it
That the only reason her crippling was tragic was Bats was pounding her
>>
>>84787789
I didn't say that sex didn't give any meaning, I said it gave meaning that doesn't need to be there because Batman's motivation to get the Joker in the Killing Joke was always 100%. They don't need to throw "he shot someone I fucked once" on top of it. That's the sort of cheap motivation that you have in bad action movies where they have sex with someone once and suddenly they have all this motivation to help the person once they're in trouble in the later parts of the film.
>>
It took me a while but the movie actually helped me understand the ending. The key line is
>normal people don't break

Joker broke. We know that. Batman is already broken. We know that. The story is about Gordon, not Batman or Joker.

That's why you can't have Batman kill Joker. Joker is not trying to break Batman, he's trying to break Gordon. Batman's steadfast commitment to justice is the result of him breaking. The Joker can't re-break him.
>>
>>84788010
It didn't rekindle their relationship though. At best he maybe felt guilty about completely pushing her away.
>>
Ive got two tickets for this for the Vue in Leicester square if someone wants them, ill do them for £15
>>
>>84787789
That's the poison welled bs western culture has feed you
Brothers and sisters in arms can have just as strong bonds as lovers without the sex
You can have a close intimate bond with a person without it being a courting for a mate or sex

Your mindset is why things are so fuck up that anytime two people seem close they must be fucking (especially if they are opposite sexes)
>>
>>84788010
>I didn't say that sex didn't give any meaning.
FUCKING RETARD that's exactly what you said.
>>
looks like shit, the animation is garbage, and the voice acting is also bad, how they managed to missdirect conroy and hamil is beyond me, but the did it

at least batman kills the clown in the end, and they make it pretty obvious too
>>
>>84765334
What's ironic about this is every liberal girl I met in college either fucked an older man at some point or wanted too. They are upset when nerdy content actually calls them out on their shit and they lash out. Note I have nothing against woman doing this I am 30 and fucked 20 year olds I'm just saying it's hypocritical double standards
>>
>>84788151
I've got a counter deal for you; you keep the tickets and give me £15.

Please, I'm pretty broke right now.
>>
>>84764267

>DC animation

Why do you even ask? DC animation does great series, but 85% of their direct-to-video fair is hot garbage.

Go ahead, look them up. Take a look at all the releases they've done. There's a handful that everyone likes, and the rest is utterly forgettable trash.
>>
File: 1459567260248.jpg (31KB, 400x453px) Image search: [Google]
1459567260248.jpg
31KB, 400x453px
>>84774070
>>
>>84788247
Feels like a rush job to get it out near the same year as BvS because this was put into production less than a year ago
>>
>>84788288
What's weird is the shit that's based off bad events turn out great and shot based on good events turn out fantastic
Killing joke animated film is garbage while under the red hood is spectacular even though the comic was so shit stain from the big events happening around it
>>
>tfw it was perfect until the final scene
What the fuck happened? The Joker just sped through that joke 5x too quickly. All the atmosphere and impact and shit was non-existent.

Why the fuck?
>>
>>84788211
>Making them fuck first just adds a layer of "they had sex and so he's EXTRA MAD"
I said this, which implies that he got extra motivated due to the sex, which says sex has meaning.
>>
File: jack joker.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
jack joker.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>people bought tickets to a direct-to-video cartoon.
>>
why was this so hard to make?
We have seen animated features sold in store that were less than an hour long why couldn't they have doubled the animation budget and just focused on the novel itself?
>>
>>84788442
A bad one at that
I wonder how much this will effect Disc sales of at all
>>
I feel like they completely fucked the whole story up.
>>
>>84788489
Most of the audience reviewers on RT find it mediocre while a lone critic gave it a rotten rating. It doesn't seem promising imo.
>>
File: 1459046961226.jpg (50KB, 564x896px) Image search: [Google]
1459046961226.jpg
50KB, 564x896px
>>84763092
The dialogue when batman is in jokers cell at arkham was cringe worthy. I realize they are trying to be true to the book but some editing or pacing was really needed in that scene.
>>
this just shows that DC needs to take Timm, Kevin and Mark out back and shoot them

they are done, this shit is over, they fucked up and they have lost touch, new people need to take over
>>
>>84785440
Please, there's coming up with "it was all a dream!" fanwank, and then there's interpreting a page clearly left open for interpretation in a work called The KILLING Joke in a story where Batman constantly talks about killing the Joker that maybe he actually did do it. Maybe you don't interpret it that way, but don't be an ass and treat it like some illuminati plot.
>>
>>84788665
obviously, all SJWs
>>
>>84788752
Or they could just not hire them for something again. Not everything needs to involve shooting, anon.
>>
>>84788793
I know you are shitposting but when you get both ends of raditcal opinions against your product you have really fuck up on spectacular levels
>>
>Paris Franz
Did they need to make this?
The whole goon prologue was unnecessarily, while the sexual tension could have been better.
But that name was worse than the nunchucks joke.
>>
>>84788752
>>84788916
My question is where's Paul Dini in all of this?
He has proven time and time again he knows how to write characters and events.
>>
>>84784393
>>84784803

The comic doesn't show Batman sparing the Joker, either. What it shows is them laughing, and the line of light disappearing in the puddle.

Unlike headcanon stuff, it's specifically open to interpretation. Saying that Batman definitely did or didn't is an inherently flawed statement; the fiction is the fiction, and it ends in an ambiguous situation.
>>
>>84783763
The joke is about Batman and Joker. Even the Joker saw how stupid it would be for a crazy man (Batman and the guy shining the flashlight) to try and help another crazy man (Joker and the guy scared to walk across.)
>>
>>84766986
This is true. Hell I want to write a fantasy and to satisfy my loli fetish I'd want one character to have a child wife that loves him like with Aisha.
>>
>>84782789
Fuck, thanks for the insight.
>>
>>84783280
Yeah that's the other bit. Joker sees Batman's offer as an empty promise that one psycho sells to another to give them hope, offering a potential easy solution because the other psycho can't "cross the gap" as easily as the first could.
>>
File: 1461383869225.jpg (14KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
1461383869225.jpg
14KB, 236x235px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_r-qsxGiKY
>We could have gotten this
>>
File: 1469222775325.png (48KB, 305x305px) Image search: [Google]
1469222775325.png
48KB, 305x305px
Wasn't the 'origin story of Joker' in The Killing Joke not meant to be the canonical backstory?
>>
>>84789565
correct
it was just a side story of something in the off future
>>
>The Killing Joke' is widely derided for its depiction of violence against women
Why can't we have nice things?
>>
File: 1469287348656.png (462KB, 470x611px) Image search: [Google]
1469287348656.png
462KB, 470x611px
>>84789605
But of course they had to make it canon since everyone loved 'The Killing Joke'.
Alan Moore must be rolling in his royalty checks.
>>
>>84789565
It was just a one off. That's all Alan Moore planned it as, but DC decided to make it hard canon.
They same thing happened with his GL one shot where he made that one planet that's a GL.
>>
Daily Reminder that Brian Bolland wanted the boring colors in the Deluxe version from the beginning:

>Bolland envisaged the flashback sequences in black and white, and instructed Watchmen-colorist John Higgins to use "muted November colors". He was upset when he saw the finished comic had "garish ... hideous glowing purples and pinks ... and my precious Eraserhead-esque flashback sequences swamped in orange." The 2008-published 20th anniversary edition of the book featured new colouring by Bolland, restoring his artistic intentions to the palette.
>>
>>84789770
Nobody cares what Brian Bolland wanted.
>>
>>84789789
>Nobody cares what the artist wanted
That's kinda sad.
>>
>>84788785
My point with comparing it to those theories is that it's popular with a lot of people (not going to make an assumption as to why you like it, you do you) because it makes the comic bleaker and folks are fascinated with the idea that there's greater clarity in the most cynical interpretation of a work.

If somebody wants to believe that Batman offered the Joker rehabilitation out of empathy, had a moment of emotional openness with him, and then put his hands around his throat and strangled him to death in full view of the approaching police, I'm going to say I think that's an attempt to subvert the bittersweet message of the book (as bad as things get, good people must continue to believe in doing good things). I don't think it's such an out there interpretation that it constitutes a conspiracy theory, and I can see why someone could draw the conclusion. However, I'm annoyed that for a long time it was treated as some kind of mindblowing revelation as to the true ending of the book, when at most it's an alternate interpretation that's interesting insofar as it presents a scenario where Batman wins by losing.
>>
>>84789813
Not if he wants to George Lucas it.
>>
Mark Hamill was really good in it. But it was shit. Shame.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0hNziyAs0
Here's a better version.
>>
>>84787508
>I think that Alan Moore has a point about direct adaption, certainly. Adapting characters or the key parts of stories into cartoons or live-action can be done well, but directly adapting a comic and expecting to keep the same visual style seems really difficult. The ending of Killing Joke packs a lot of meaning into the art which is completely lost in the adaption.
Thanks that's entirely what I mean. I should've finished my thought there. The loss of the little thing in the art is a bit agonizing when it was so well told.
>>
First half was great, then they had to ruin it by making it edgy teenager shit with the worst writing i've ever seen.
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>84790215
here is your (you) good sir
>>
>>84789438
There's still issues with how stiff and sudden the movement is there but yeah, having that stark artstyle would have really helped.
>>
>>84774070
What? It's literally like something off the show.
>>
>>84789009
>Countdown
Everyone has misses.
>>
>>84785440
>The second point invalidates pretty much everything that came before, re: demonstrating that people aren't as bad as Joker thinks they are. Batman came out of what happened to Gordon trying to drive home that point--that's why he refused to hurt Joker anymore at all.
It doesn't though. In many ways after joker admits that he can't or won't stop, it would be mercy.
He says its too late for that, he gone too far into what he is now.
It wouldn't be batman killing him out of hatred or anger, it would be mercy.
>>
>>84775737
Yes it's supposed to be a musical. The comic shows him dancing with the freaks and one of the rhymes is "it's just music, sam"
>>
Wellt his is horrifically underwhelming considering this is the project Hamill has been crowing about for like 20 fucking years
>>
How did Batman get the coffee he gave to batgirl?
>>
>>84791226
Hamill was perfect until his very last scene though.

Then it went to complete shit at the most important part of the goddamn story, and I entirely blame the directing.
>>
>>84791391
From the batmobile.
>>
>>84791391
From his batcoffee maker gadget in his belt
>>
>>84777515

....yes.
>>
>>84777809

And all of the importance of the ending scene with Joker and Batman has deflated.
>>
>>84777850
Yeah, but they don't show it in that specific story.

Anyway, fuck continuity, tell the story the way it works best, there's time to establish the next story in the next story.
>>
>>84788211
He said that was the case here not always
>>
>>84784763
Alan Moore's beef with Morrison is painfully obnoxious.
>>
>>84788952
I honestly think we could get a few interesting stories out of him
>>
>>84789009
Hes on the firing squad
>>
>>84788952
>>84788952
#Nice
>>
>>84789634
Because we dont deserve it
>>
>>84788952
>random goon hit on batgirl
Dangerous psychopath
>Catgirl hit on batman
There is a chance of rehabilitation.
>>
>>84790215
But that second half was the entire fucking point of the film everything else was pading
>>
>>84791391
I like to think he keeps loose coffee grounds in his belt and just mixed it with some hot tap water. because when you've stared into the abyss long enough, you stop caring about good coffee.
>>
File: Concerned.png (298KB, 343x489px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned.png
298KB, 343x489px
Could someone kindly explain to me WHY the animation is so bad? The technical side of it.
>>
>>84792022
Sorry, but Morrison is a hack and has done nothing on the same level as even Moore's shit comics like Black Dossier or his Lovecraft crap
>>
For such a highly regarded comic book story the animation quality was all kinds of shit.
The Dark Knight Returns movies were miles ahead of this.
>>
>>84792386
Not the issue at hand. Moore hates Morrison for petty personal reasons and would say anything to get under his skin.
>>
>>84792464
I'm honestly surprised that they got Conroy and Hamill on board for this but not for DKR.

The DKR movies were great but this just wasn't.
>>
>>84792386
Congrats on your shit taste, but that's besides the point. Moore is often dishonest and correct when discussing Morrison and his criticisms are fairly petty at this point.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-strange-case-of-grant-morrison-and-alan-moore-as-told-by-grant-morrison/
>>
>>84792346
outsourcing
>>
>>84792346
Outsourced cheaply to chinks who decided 5fps was enough.

They figured the Hamill/Conroy casting would be enough to sell it. I mean, they're not wrong there.

Damn shame.
>>
People argue that Batman snapped and killed the Joker, proving him right. But Batman NOT killing the Joker is an example of his insanity. So Batman not killing the Joker, and just having a hearty giggle with him proves that they are both insane.
>>
Holy shit the animation is worse than B:TAS. The movies never had stellar animation but it at least looked like it bad an animated movie budget.

>Animated Batman movies without Hamill and Conroy to sell it: Pretty good animation
>get those two, fuck it, make it look like a newgrounds parody

Apparently DC will only pay for one or the other and not both
>>
>>84776876
I never claimed to be the Obi-Wan in this situation
>>
Only problem I actually had was the ending.

People are blowing the Babs and Batman scene out of proportion.

Babs has wanted batdick in comics before and she's clearly over 18. Batman also doesn't train Babs like he does Robin. So I think the father - daughter thing is being overblown too.
>>
>>84792849
When was the last time they were cast together besides the Arkham games?
>>
Its up for interpretation on purpose, which is cool, but those stating that they don't get how it can be interpreted as Batman Killing the Joker, don't understand symbolism or reading between the lines. I'm not saying you have to believe that or agree with it (I'm not saying I 100% believe that either), but saying you don't understand how some one came to that interpretation is just being stubborn. It's literally called the KILLING Joke.
>>
>>84793112
It's just a typical SJW shitfit. I actually appreciated the attempt to give Barbara some proper establishment in the story so that the following events would have more of a kick, even though they still clearly mishandled it. The prologue plot with the mob shit was so uninspired and tacked on it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>84763092
How the fuck did they fuck this up so badly.
>>
>>84792346
Because it's a DC Animated movie and they've always looked like complete dogshit on every level. Honestly, I don't know why people keep watching these and I certainly don't know why anyone would expect them to be good.
>>
>>84793369
Yeah, it's not like this one was particularly hyped up and has a theatrical release or anything.
>>
>>84793369
t. Marvel cuck who paid to see Avengers and liked it
>>
>>84764267
>>84764437
>>84764723
>>84764752
>>84764869

You people will never be satisfied with anything. The movie was gold.
>>
File: dc dtv sales.jpg (124KB, 560x409px) Image search: [Google]
dc dtv sales.jpg
124KB, 560x409px
>>84793369
They looked fine before the big budget cuts of 2013.
>>
>>84793369
Year One and Under the Red Hood looked really good for a Direct to Video DC movie. It's just in the last three years or so the bottom has fallen out.
>>
>>84793581
Well yeah if you have shit for standards.

Which considering most people who like capeshit do it is no surprise.
>>
>>84793613
>Superman vs the Elite
>fine
>>
>>84767795

I want to rape that duck's face
>>
>>84767951

>no Joker running away like an epileptic retard
>>
>>84769298
Barbra literally says they had sex 22 minutes into the movie
>>
>>84769693
do it anon
>>
File: REEEE.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>84794192
DELETE THIS
>>
>>84794036
The animation was fine and the character designs were evoking Mahnke and Bermejo's art.
>>
>>84793613
Assault on Arkham was pretty good though.
>>
File: horified.gif (496KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
horified.gif
496KB, 500x385px
>>84763092
GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESTTTTTTTTTTTTT JOKER CONCLUSION I HAVE EVER FUCKING SEEN
>>
The joke at the ending sucked. It seemed like the are the best friends ever. Seemed like a cheesy ending of an awful 80s tv show where they end it with a joke and then they show the credits. WAIT this is exactly what happened?

Otherwise I do not understand why everyone is hating on it. Is it just here or does it get hate in general?
>>
how do we know batman killed the joker in this ending?
>>
>>84777920
please, thank you. That prologue shit needed to be in one section, not divided into groups
>>
Barbara is a stacey normie whore and the director is not only a cuck but also a faggot nigger
>>
>>84766055
> police headlights

BS! Police headlights... Those are just lights from the fun fair. If it was the police we would get red and blue lights as well. Also I guess it takes Batman a while to get the joke. The worlds greatest detective isn't so good at getting jokes I guess. Also I hate the ending. It's shit in the comic and it's shit in the film. HAHA SO FUNNY WE ARE GREAT PALS OH JOKER I LOVE YOU! It's really stupid.
>>
>>84766568
I think he meant to say that he has to congratulate HIS OWN DICK.
>>
>>84793581
get your eyes checked. That was amazingly bland looking.
>>
>>84767982
The left one looks MILLION times better. I think the right one takes more time to colour but it looks so boring and dull and usual. Most comics are coloured that way and I HATE IT. I wish more stuff was done like the left one. It's a COMIC. Make it colourful. Looks more vintage. I prefer old comics before there was Photoshop and the airbrush tool and smudging and what not.
>>
>>84787031

This exactly. I thought the voice acting was great (except for Batman's laughter at the end) but the animation was completely lacking.
>>
>>84767795
i liked it
>>
>>84766055
>Batman puts out what looks like one arm in the comics
>Batman puts both arms out in the movie
>They both laugh together then it fades out as the sirens get louder
>No sirens and Joker suddenly stops laughing while Batman continues

I hate this whole "Batman killed the Joker!" shit that people try to imply, and its a shame the movie tried to push it even more but keep it "ambiguous"
>>
>>84781736
>Batman
>Good thru Forever

Pottery.
>>
>>84798915
>people try to imply

If by people, you mean the author, then you're correct
>>
>>84799221
The author did no such thing.
>>
>>84799706
Please improve your reading comprehension and read the comic again. Until then, do not reply to me ever again.
>>
>>84763092
>>
>>84800044
Moore's original script says Batman and Joker hold to each other because they were about to fall to floor for laughing so much and Moore tend to be very controlling on how his script is going to be adapted into pictures, so it wasn't the author
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.