[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that, once you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 179x282px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 179x282px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that, once you skip to the 31 minute mark, this is literally the best DC film since Phantasm?
>>
If it weren't for the choppy flash animation with terrible framerate. I'd love if they took the great voicework and just remade the 30 minute adaptation portion with an actual budget.

It's too bad it'll never happen.
>>
>>84729136
Does it have an excellent Seal song and the only good U2 song as a part of its soundtrack? No? Then it's a shit Bat-film.
>>
>>84729267
I honestly stopped caring about the animation quality when I realized Hamill's performance was legitimately 11/10.
>>
Posted this in the other thread

Just finished it. Id say it is a 6/10 but not for the reasons everyone else posted

>retarded Alan Moore pseudointellectual shit
>joker flash back scenes were retarded
>my pregnant wife just got killed oh well ill get over it in 10 minutes
>BY THE BOOK after Gordon was just tortured and had to look at photos of his almost dying daughter getting raped by a gangster with green hair

I unironically thought the prologue was the better part of the film. Maybe I just dont get the le alan moore meme

Also what another poster mentioned was that it lacked intensity which is pretty missed potential considering they went with the R rating

Voicework was well done and as a whole the story wasnt bad but it was just a little better than ok. Also I really liked the animation save batman he looked weird.

If you think this is close to flashpoint, doom, gotham knight, MotP, and many of the others you are one dumb nigga. This was pretty average but at least it was a fuck ton better than bad blood
>>
>>84729423
>flashpoint, doom, gotham knight
These are all mediocre at best.
>>
Got any links bruh?
>>
File: 1433010866944.png (530KB, 704x679px) Image search: [Google]
1433010866944.png
530KB, 704x679px
>>84729423
>joker flash back scenes were retarded
Have you read the fucking book ?
>>
>>84729351
BAYBAAAAYYY
THE MORE I GET OF YOU THE STRANGER IT FEELS
YEEAAHH
>>
>>84729469
Nah they are good youre just gay. There are others that are great like UtRH, gods and monsters, Superman v the Elite but I was just going off the top of my head

>>84729530
No I avoid Miller and Moore like the plague. Every greasy fedorian holds them in high esteem so I never bothered
>>
>>84729423
>raped
Proofs?
>lacked intensity
Find your edgy shit somewhere else, the TKJ segment was no more profane or graphic than the original comic.
>Maybe I just dont get the le alan moore meme
Read Swamp Thing.
>All this other hogwash
You're judging the original's story in the adaptation; the adaptation is to be judged on how well it adapts the original.
>>
>>84729668
So why did you even watched this ? goddammit i knew /co/ was dumb but not like this
>>
File: you.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>84729423
Excellent job.
>>
>>84729482
>too lazy to search "batman" on TPB
>>
>>84729136
>Lazy art style and poor animation
>Hamill and Conroy are both well past their prime
Not even close to DKR pt.1
>>
>>84729721
>I have to read le meme comic to have an opinion of the movie for what it is
>>
File: 301px-NuMale-feminism.jpg (28KB, 301x321px) Image search: [Google]
301px-NuMale-feminism.jpg
28KB, 301x321px
>>84729668
>No I avoid Miller and Moore like the plague.
>>
>>84729469
and this was worse than mediocre
>>
>>84729351
Forever is underrated.

>>84729530
>Have you read the fucking book ?
of course he hasn't, he's on /co/.

>>84729668
>Every greasy fedorian holds them in high esteem so I never bothered
Yet you enjoyed Gods and Monsters...
>>
>>84729668
>youre just gay
>>
>>84729423
>I unironically thought the prologue was the better part of the film

Well. I'm trolled.
>>
>>84729774
Sorry, I can't torrent currently
>>
>>84729812
>>Hamill and Conroy are both well past their prime
Yeah you are wrong, everyone is saying that they did great here
>>
>>84729713
I mean they beat around the bush but they made it pretty damn obvious she was raped
>>
>>84729668
> avoid Miller and Moore
> watching Batman animated film
> I just don't get le alan moore meme
Serious question. Are you retarded?
>>
the color palette was muted and boring and dragged down all the atmosphere
>>
>>84729423
yeah whoever played Gordon was really bad, didn't help his dialogue was pretty awful. I can't remember if the by the book line is in the comic but it just doesn't work in sound
>>
>>84729136
> once you skip to the 31 minute mark
You're a fucking pansy if you're not willing to watch it all.
>>
>>84729136
animation was pretty bad and Conroy sounded off at the start, Hamill did great all throughout imo. Prologue was unnecessary but not a travesty.

I wish they handled the ending better. I know it's sort of ambiguous in the comic as well but in this it really just looks like they decided to be bros or something like I don't think anyone who isn't already familiar with the story would even consider that Batman was possibly about to kill him.
>>
>>84730062
all the Paris Franz stuff was pretty stupid and pointless
>>
>>84730020
I am not going to bother reading try hard psuedointellectual drivel. They made a 1 hour modern adaptation with Bruce Timm behind it so as a DC fan im going to watch it out of curiosity.
>>
>>84730056
This is usually a huge problem with Miller adaptations (Sin City, TDKR, etc.). His dialogue just doesn't work when spoken aloud by an actor.
>>
>>84729961
The numale image was more accurate than I thought.
Enough of this proud stupidity. We've all gone over this enough already. Joker shot her, stripped her, and took pictures. That's it. It's never been implied anywhere, canon or not, that Barbara was raped or even showed signs of sexual assault. Neither you, nor every "nerdy" feminist with a blog can change that.
>>
>>84730094
He was supposed to be like Barbra's joker. We got to see her taken to the edge so we know why she decided to quit.

It was unnecessary but I don't see why it has so many people so upset. It wasn't bad it just wasn't super good either. It was an average story and people are acting like it was the worst thing they've ever seen.
>>
>>84730094
This, they try to make the movie a Barbara's story, but it's not. It's more about what is the Joker and how batman try to understand him.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px)
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>84730126
>DC fan
>Never read Killing Joke
>>
>>84729136
Red Hood is still the best DC film
>>
>>84730205
>thinking Batgirl got raped means you're a feminist

I'm very confused right now. What if you think she deserved it?
>>
>>84730205
How do you figure im a feminist? I dont mind them going into that territory my point was they made it really obvious she was raped especially when batman was talking to the prostitutes
>>
A movie that is meant to be about Batman and the Joker because some awful Batgirl story. Maybe that would have been okay if Batgirl was great in the movie but she was awful. I really don't get why they did this. Not event eh voice acting can cover it all up.
>>
>>84730126
The thing is, Killing Joke isn't pseudointellecual, it's just a really good one shot story. To not read it because you associate it with neck beard, fedora wearers is moronic.
>>
>>84730287
There is nothing about the killing joke that appeals to me and I just watched a short adaptation of it so I feel even less inclined now. The whole duality of batman/joker and psycho analysis of the characters is so overdone that I just dont really bother with the media that is focused on exploring that
>>
>>84730351
*became some awful Batgirl story
>>
>>84729136

Did they show Joker raping Barbara?
>>
>>84729136
it's not out for another few days
>>
>>84730394
>batman/joker and psycho analysis of the characters is so overdone that I just dont really bother with the media that is focused on exploring that
The thing is, this is more about the Joker than Batman you dumbass, its more about why he became what he is
>>
>>84730394
Then leave this thread you assclown.
>>
>>84729955
>Yeah you are wrong
Nope, it's my opinion that Conroy has sounded bored as fuck since Arkham City and Hamil's Joker lacks dynamic range that it used to. The performances here are amateurish compared to ROTJ and MOTP.
>>
>>84730447
it's a DC animated movie, they get leaked early every. single. time.
>>
>>84730292
feminists see rape everywhere.
>>
>>84730461
Why? We are discussing a movie we all just watched
>>
>>84730056
It's Ray Wise, most famous for playing Leland Palmer in Twin Peaks. He's not a voice actor as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>84730292
>>84730297
>Being this new
https://www.google.com/#q=feminist+killing+joke+barbara
>>
if you have to skip half the movie it's shit, I'm sorry OP

Under the Red Hood is still the gold standard
>>
>>84730463
conroy has sounded bored since justice league
but every time, he has said the directors MADE him do that. he's suffering from the same problem as Peter Cullen, the people in charge now watched him as a kid, and their memories have severely skewed his performance, filtering out all the FUN and JOY and just hearing the tough manliness of the voice they think of as their dad because they never had one for real.
>>
>>84730495
he was in Superman Doomsday but nothing really of note
>>
>>84729136
>>84730056
>>84730020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2K1cm0Qvck
>>
>>84729668
>lol they good u just gay lmao
You have to be 18 or older to post here, kid.
>>
>>84730471
well shit. i hope i can see it someday
>>
>>84730126
>DC fan
>Will only watch an inferior adaptation of a GN
>Thought the Superman vs The Elite adaptation was good
Embarassing
>>
>>84730463
>The performances here are amateurish compared to ROTJ and MOTP.

it's ridiculous how much better ROTJ is compared to the post DCAU movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEfoC4tvJg

look at this shit, perfect direction, voice acting and even sound design - that sound effect when his face is revealed just works so well.
>>
>>84730542
>resorting to calling others """"""""",kid""""""""""

>>84730512
>movie alludes in more than one scene that barbara gets raped
>IF YOU FOLLOW CONTEXT CLUES YOURE LE FEMINIST!!!1

Man you are stupid
>>
>>84730394
>There is nothing about the killing joke that appeals to me
>I just watched a short adaptation
You know it would have been much shorter to have read the original one shot right?
>>
>>84730574
Elite's great just to hear Newburn as "Evil" Superman
>>
>>84730636
That is my mistake. I figured for how popular it was it would be meaty
>>
>>84730531
Some hard cringe there, anon.
>>
>>84730394
>The whole duality of batman/joker
Batman and Joker are not shadow archetypes of each other in TKJ. Batman and Two-Face were actually depicted this way for far longer than Batman and the Joker. But you'd know that if you actually read comics.
>>
>>84730711
>baseless assumptions: the post
>>
>>84730520
He was alright in Asylum imo. Knight was completely absymal and TKJ was just serviceable.

>>84730612
I know. But Timm was always shit without Dini or McDuffie. Batman Beyond as a concept had more passion behind it than these stale rehashes of popular GN's anyway.

>>84730696
Nope. Part of the reason the first 30 minutes of this adaptation are filler is because the original book is so short and wouldn't meet feature length time.
>>
>>84730624
>context clues
Like the fact you're never given any reason to think he went beyond taking pictures of her body, like how all of the picures displayed only show Barbara's skin and none show it in contact with Joker's
OR
The fact that Joker has never committed rape?
>>
Much better than everything else Marvel has put out
>>
>>84730786
Except you've shown a fundamental lack of understanding as to how Batman and Joker's dynamic was represented up until recently. Which indicates to me that you pull all of your knowledge from other media adaptations.
>>
>>84730798
>But Timm was always shit without Dini or McDuffie.

nah, his reign of the animated films division led to Crisis on Two Earths and Under the Red Hood - Gods & Monsters was great too. There's been a distinct drop off in quality since James Tucker took over.
>>
>>84730839
That's not exactly hard.
>>
>>84730696
>DC fan
>Not even knowing TKJ is the length of 2 issues
Do you even read comics or just watch cartoons, movies, and read wiki articles?
>>
>>84730696
>it would be meaty
>refuses to actual read what it's based on because it's pseudointellectual drivel
Pick one
>>
File: rape.jpg (481KB, 910x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
481KB, 910x1600px
>>84730821
>>
File: 1411230748537.gif (803KB, 297x232px) Image search: [Google]
1411230748537.gif
803KB, 297x232px
>>84729423
>>retarded Alan Moore pseudointellectual shit
>>84729668
>>
>>84730899
I read comics like I posted earlier I avoid Moore like the plague so I know practically nothing about TKJ other than shit I see posted here
>>
>>84730875
>Crisis on Two Earths
Fair enough.

>Under the Red Hood
It was better than the comic it was adapted from and had nice action. But Jason being resurrected is still bad enough of a plot device to ever merit a great movie in my eyes.

>Gods & Monsters was great too
Gonna have to disagree with you there, it was a run of the mill elsewords, completely indistinct from every other Elsewords story that fucks heavily with established status quo. Also he headed Year One and that was boring as shit. His best work was with the two of them.
>>
File: thumb.jpg (9KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
9KB, 240x200px
>>84730938
>Using non-canon, edgy garbage from 2008 to support a theory for a book published in 1988.
>>
>>84730875
Yeah after Tucker there has been maybe one or two good DC films. They just took a nosedive in quality. That mostly comes from adapting New 52 stories but it is what it is.
>>
>>84731001
Timm has a pretty solid understanding of character development and pathos. Compare the arcs of all three main characters in Gods & Monsters to the six New 52 films which are incredibly bland.
>>
>>84729136

So in conclusion, Batman DID killing Joker right ?
>>
>>84730821
Bullock
>he...undressed her

Batman talking to prostitutes
>nope
>which is funny
>he usually comes here right away
>like before its even on the news he's broke out he's had a roll with us
>it would make you think the most important thing for him is to...(have sex is implied)
>so why do you think he hasnt visited
>maybe he found himself another girl

The delivery and context of these scenes along with the joker being a fucking criminal implies in every direction he raped her. Maybe in the GN he doesnt I dont know but in the animation it is obvious. I dont mind them going into that territory my point is youre an idiot for not seeing it
>>
>>84729136
The Batman/Batgirl stuff I felt was like a continuation of the old animation series, but it was a bad setup continuing into the "killing joke" shit. Basically they switched POVs from Batgirl to Batman and it was lame at the end. Like I said if you watch Timm's animated Batman shows it makes better sense in a way.
>>
>>84731135
> Compare the arcs of all three main characters in Gods & Monsters to the six New 52 films which are incredibly bland.
That's still not exactly a high benchmark. It's just a personal thing really, Gods and Monsters just didn't appeal to me at all. Elseworlds like that are common as fuck, either give me something new if your going to animate it or just adapt Gotham by Gaslight.
>>
>>84731173
No they never showed it so it didnt happen
>>
>>84731177
That prostitute bit was retarded. That part was silent in the comic. That minute change does not change the fact that he didn't rape her in the book or the movie.
>youre an idiot for not seeing it
You're seeming more obsessed with rape than Moore himself; when there's rape in a Moore comic, there's no ambiguity about it.
>>
>>84729136
The voicework is fantastic. But the animation is shit, utter shit. Even by removing the first 30 minutes there is no saving this.
>>
>>84731177
>with the joker being a fucking criminal implies in every direction he raped her.
Are you suggesting that someone is capable of being a rapist just by being virtue of being a criminal?
>>
>>84731173
Batman never killed the Joker. Morrison just wants to piss Moore off.
>>
>>84731317
>I dislike a part so I am going to ignore it's significance to the narrative
>>
>>84731177
If Moore wanted people to know that the Joker raped Babs, he would have outrightly stated it, he's never shied away from it before. Never mind the fact that Joker up until that point had never been portrayed as a rapist in any interpretation and it just comes off as headcanon.
>>
>>84730205
I don't think she was raped, but taking photos of a nude person against their will counts as sexual assault
>>
>>84731342
Yes, I think a homicidal crazy person who dresses up as a clown wouldnt have qualms about raping someone
>>
Where are you guys watching this?
Links?
Please?
>>
>>84731429
True, I fucked that up.
>>
>>84731412
My post comes from the movie. You are referring to the comic
>>
File: batman-montage.jpg (342KB, 1024x1607px) Image search: [Google]
batman-montage.jpg
342KB, 1024x1607px
>>84731394
Okay, since you decided to ignore one of the most influential cape comics of the 80s, I'll bring it to you. Killing Joke never gives you any reason to believe anything happened beyond naked pictures, which you would know if you were even familiar with the characters.
>>
>>84731631
except that Moore wrote it, and lets be honest, Moore has never been scared of rape
>>
wait its out shit i need to pick up a copy
is it edgy shit
>>
>>84731631
Maybe he doesnt rape her in the GN I dont know. In the movie I just watched there it is at the very least up to interpretation even though there is more than one scene that implies it. Source that it is a 1:1 adaptation?
>>
>>84731700
Moore himself has clarified that Barbara was never raped, specifically because people kept telling him she was.
>>
>>84731707
No more or less edgy than the comic.
>>
>>84731731
> Source that it is a 1:1 adaptation?
The fact that most of us (apart from you) have read it and can confirm that everything that happens in the GN happens in the movie.

>>84731700
>Moore has never been scared of rape
That's part of my point. If Moore wanted you to know there was a rape, he would have said it outright. It's one of his favourite plot devices.
>>
>>84731857
good
i was concerned that the writers would fall for that joker raped barbra shit.
>>
>>84731731
>Source that it is a 1:1 adaptation?
Just read the fucking book and tell for yourself, christ. The only things they changed other than the prequel are those panels no longer being silent, additional action bits with the circus freaks, and the musical number. Other than those, it is pretty much 1:1. They basically used the panels as storyboards.
>>
>>84731892
Well whatever I really dont know how else to convey to you my point. Batman doesnt kill joker at the end either I guess even though there is thematic and contextual evidence for that too
>>
So I saw this, thought it was alright, was just happy to hear Mark Hamill again. Then I read it and holy hell it feels like night and day difference. Loved reading it more.

I also saw the video where they talk about the ending on a Kevin Smith podcast. What do most people think happens? Feel like the film completely tries to go a different direction
>>
>>84732077
>Feel like the film completely tries to go a different direction
You can find the script online. Moore specifically describes their movements as trying to hold eachother up from collapsing because they're laughing so hard.
Batman doesn't kill him in any version. Morrison was trolling.
>>
>>84729668
>great like UtRH
Why does /co/ have such a huge boner for this piece of shit? It's absolutely awful like almost everything Judd "The Hack" Winick writes and only has a couple of good voice actors as a redeeming quality.
>>
>>84730531
>dat s-stuttering
k-k-kys
>>
File: Redline.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Redline.webm
3MB, 720x404px
They should have just paid MADHOUSE to animate it.
>>
>>84730531
Being a DC fan is suffering.
>>
>>84730531
Jesus Christ, is this how autistic /co/ has become ?
>>
>>84730056
"By the Book" is in the comic. It shows Gordon is a better man than either Batman or the Joker. He just faced the worst day of his life and didn't break like they did.

Ultimately, they are weak and he is strong.
>>
>>84735275
To be fair Bruce was literally a child.
>>
>>84731707
wait shit its in cinemas i thought it was direct to dvd awesome
>>
Close third to Returns.
>>
>>84735829
wait shit its one day only
i might be able to make it
>>
>>84730056
It didn't work in the movie because Gordon sounds weak throughout the whole part.
In the comic he stammers at first, but then he puts his foot down and becomes resolute halfway through that he will not lose his sanity.
It doesn't come across at all in the movie because they really force his weird chokey raspy voice the whole time.
>>
>>84731030
The movie version
>first thing joker does when breaking out of Arkham is pick up a hooker
>didn't swing by this time
>Why?
>probably found a new girl
Context clues are your friend
>>
>>84730938
The thing that bothers me most about Azzarello's Joker (beyond the shitty realistic and gangsta renditions of everyone) is that he physically looks like an edgy take on Caesar Romero's Joker.
>>
Did they ever show her tits in the movie.
>>
>>84736722
Nope just the bra and under boob
>>
>>84736722
No.
>>
>>84736747
Damit my biggest hope for the movie was that they would use the original photos nipples and all

Whats the point of an r rating if you are still going to censor
>>
>>84731309
More like it seems retarded to me that Batman said right before that scene he wasn't going to kill him.
>>
>>84737086
He said he wasn't going to beat him up and take him to the police, that he didn't want to hurt him he wanted to help him. If things continued one of them was going to kill the other one.
>>
>>84729136
Just finished it. The way it was ended (spoilers obviously) was pretty awesome. The scene in the comic was great, but to choose to do it without music, and transition to the credits with just ambient rain sounds was brilliant.

New prologue is lame, predictable Bruce Timm wank. He really loves the idea of Batgirl and Batman having a fling. It's not awful by any stretch, but it's boring in its predictability.

Voice work was top notch throughout.
>>
Honestly I liked the first 30 minutes but it felt like it was a part of a completely different movie.

They can do a movie about Batman and Barbara having a fucked up relationship, but then she should figure more into the last third. Once the movie snaps into actual KJ territory they drop Babs like a hot potato. Her fucking narration opens the movie.

They wanted to give her a bigger part and remain faithful, ended up splitting the difference and it not working.

I am totally cool with the casual fucking going on, however.
>>
You can really tell which stuff is the Timm stuff and which stuff is from the comic book. It's like when the prologue is over the dialog changes completely. The whole atmosphere and tone of the movie changes for the better.

I get why the first part was done though, maybe it just shouldn't have been as long.
>>
>>84730938

With Rebirth revealing the 3 Jokers, I have a theory that even if this is canon, it was the 1st Joker(Pre-crisis) that did this.

Not the 2nd Joker(Post-crisis/Killing Joke). The 2nd Joker seems to be roughly asexual, or batsexual.

The 1st Joker always seemed more like a thuggish clown, who saw Batman as an annoyance that needed to be dealt with in order to successfully own the streets of Gotham. Throughout the graphic novel series, Joker's mainly dealing with Two-face as well. The 2nd joker would've been busy trying to fuck around with Batman instead.
>>
Honestly i think they still could have made just as much money if they had released a short instead of pading the film
>>
I discovered watching this in english that "mark hamill joker is the best joker" is a fucking meme, holy shit americunts, you cant dub FOR SHIT.
>>
>>84739803
name a better joker than Mark, pro tip: you can't
>>
>>84739840
protip: not in american meme actors

listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFScICW2oiU
>>
File: 1444846465899.png (425KB, 870x841px) Image search: [Google]
1444846465899.png
425KB, 870x841px
>>84739840
>>
Why is this thread in particular so drenched in the word "meme"?
>>
>>84729851
Is...this real? Why..why would you be proud of that..?
>>
>>84730126
Well, that's your prerogative, though it rather invalidates your opinions when you can't even bother to make sure they're informed.
>>
>>84740007
I am throughly embarrassed of sharing a nationality with you.
>>
>>84729851
im pretty sure nobody actually cares if you like getting fucked in the arse.

its just people doing some harmless ribbing at most
>>
>>84740088
the brazilian actor who they got to do this one was really close to the american version

https://youtu.be/QgXDQEgs7S4?t=14

Sad that we dont have the GOATEST batman voice ever.

https://youtu.be/UwEX4NVmDbI

this voices imposes respect as fuck, the english version is too soft.
>>
>>84740144
More to the point, why whould you feel bad for that. Why wouldn't you just talk to your girlfriend about it. Why would you feel the need to broadcast what should be happening between 2 responsible adults to the world?
>>
>>84740193
if you do think that american actors can dub anything better than brazilians, you are just a sad piece of human who dont have any taste.

Just listen these too together, both versions, one is filled with RAGE, that was what Superman was felling, the american version... eeeh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fethguR4COY
>>
it was ok and that's a damn shame
>>
>>84737027
gotta think of the children
the children can't handle man butt either

God fuck the bit after the credits start that ruins the fucking tone
>>
>>84729136
>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that
FUCK OFF AND DIE OP
>>
>>84740286
You're basically saying it's better because it's louder and shoutier. Also, learn grammar, little huemonkey.
>>
>>84740272
Yeah, pretty much this. Not to mention that feminism has nothing to do with his sexual preferences and certainly won't help his kinks being accepted as mainstream.
>>
>>84734017
That's extactly I was thinking when I was watching Killing Joke
>>
>>84738109
I'd roll every extremely edgy interpretation in the third one, Snyder's.
>>
>>84740448
no you retarded, its better because the actor can differenciate when its a different emotion and not, we can see it in the video but to enhance the experience through the voice its way different. When the SAME actor is doing a normal tone voice, the range between actors is huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnFeqygbhw

its so good that the actor is the official voice of the character in games, animated movies and live action, he understand the character and when to change voice.

Wish to post the fight against M. Black to show how to do a threatning Superman right, not that american shitty voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pdy0c-qdJ4
>>
File: dc dtv sales.jpg (124KB, 560x409px)
dc dtv sales.jpg
124KB, 560x409px
>>84734017
Unfortunately Madhouse is nowhere within their budget range anymore.
>>
Why was the first 30 minutes inn modern times, but the second part in the 80s?
>>
>Not just taking the voice parts and making a motion comic from them
>>
>>84729136
joker part was above average with some good points.
>>
newfriend here

is there any what if comic with this type of premise?
Batman travels back in time and prevents the Joker from becoming the Joker
>>
>>84742116
'no'
>>
>>84731480
They still would have stated in order to show just how far Joker was willing to go in order to break Gordon.
>>
>>84740286
>dub
It's not dubbing if it's in the original language. Too bad a foreigner like yourself will never fully grasp the English language.
>>
>>84742471
no, you asinine, dubbing is puting the voice on, what you think it means is revoicing. They do the same thing, use the same technique and tools, they still need to be in tempo and cadence with the visuals.
>>
>>84731357
Fucking kids. The whole Batman killed Joker at the end of The Killing Joke has been around since the issue first came out. Years before Morrison brought it up.
>>
>>84734017
Fucking beautiful animation. Is it worth watching the whole thing though?
>>
>>84729136
>Now that the dust has settled
The damn thing hasn't even been released yet, at least not legally. I'm waiting to see the movie in the theater. I'm going to be pretty pissed if /co/ has stopped talking about it by Monday night when I get back from the theater.

>>84729267
I honestly think DC might be stuck in that 80's mindset where "off-model" animation takes the viewer out of the story. You can do great animation using a small budget if you hire the right people and give them enough time, so it's hard for me to believe this was a matter of money.
>>
>>84740970
So they're losing money on those godawful New 52 dtvs?

Will they finally stop making that shit?
>>
>>84743001
Animation is timed to the original voice work, you dumbass.
>>
15 minutes in

I am very confused what this has to do with Joker so far
>>
>>84745051
Possibly on a few (DKR probably hurt), but they cut the budgets so they wouldn't lose money.
>>
>>84740970
Why did TDKR sell so poorly? THat's one of their best films; is it because they split it into two parts?
>>
>>84745662
Yeah, a negative reaction to getting only one-half a story when both parts combined would only end up being a little over 2 hours, the running time for a normal movie. And of course more people were only interested in the Joker and Superman fights.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.